Out of Control Lies

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Calinia wrote:
KarenEvans wrote::lol: Sarah,this was hilarious.
You and your supposed 'ex' just gave me a good laugh.
Hehe, I had a good laugh too. Something similar happened to me when I was 15 or maybe 16. There was this guy who just wouldn't take no for an answer, and so a friend of mine told him that I had a boyfriend, Markus, who lived in Vienna and was two years older than me. The funny thing was, after that every girl who needed a non-existent boyfriend to get a guy to back off used Markus, who lived in Vienna and was two years older than her. It turned into a running gag among the girls from my town.

And just in case you still feel bad about the whole thing, I really don't think that telling a guy you have a boyfriend even if you don't is such a bad thing. That way he doesn't think he's the reason and there are no hurt feelings and there's no dented ego. Personally, I'd prefer to think that a guy has a girlfriend than that he's just not into me.

THANK YOU!!! Tell that to my sister! I think I'll give up Raphael for use if anyone needs him!:D

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
alienated_amy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by alienated_amy »

my bestfriend (also on here) and i did the same thing

we wanted to make an old friend jealous
so we told her my bestfriend is dating her neighbour named nick
and that i'm dating her (my bestfriend) cousin named shaun
i also said that we're all going camping after grad

but it turns out the friend we lied to
is also going camping in the same small town

we're screwed right

any suggestions?
Shama
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shama »

Hey there... I'm the best friend

And see... this whole thing started very innocently

See this guy who's obsessed with our friend (we'll call her K) keeps asking me out to make her jealous so I said I already have a boyfriend named Nick, just to make him stop (which he has now)

Then I had to tell K the same thing... plus she's really pissing me off (she's pretty much thrown us over to hang out with these other people who she knows we don't get along with, which makes it impossible for us to hang out with her since she's always with them)
So telling her I had a boyfriend made it a little easier to just pretend we have a whole new group of friends and don't really need her, when really we're beginning to hate her as much as those 'friends' she has, which is really hard cuz she used to be one of my best friends.

So now she keeps asking me questions about my boyfriend and this is practically the first time she's made an attempt to talk to me in months! But she seems genuinly interested now and seems to want to be friends again.

And like Amy said, now we told her our plan about the beach this weekend and said my bf and my cousin (who my best friend Amy is practically in love with) are coming with us... but K is gonna be at the same place

So what should we do?
Last edited by Shama on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alienated_amy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by alienated_amy »

lol
exactly
we can't just keep telling her
"they're sleeping" or "in the bathroom"
but at least shes talking to us right?
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Either come clean,explain how you guys thought K was drifting away from you two to be with the 'friends' you couldn't stand and so just to make it easier you made up some stupid lies to get past it all.
Or make up some more lies and tell her you cancelled your plans.But that in itself presents a whole new set of problems,you might have to come up with a new 'fake' plan in case she asks what your new plan is.
All friendships go through phases,the ones that are meant to be get through the rough patches.I hope this helped.Since I kind of lost a once best friend due to the fact I wasn't really comfortable with her new set of friends.
Just talk it out,leaving things unsaid it the worst thing possible.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

You just have to evaulate the situation.

Do you want to be friends with her again?

Is she gonna start acting the same way if you decide you do?

Just decide what you want as far as the friendship thing goes, and then just 'dump' your 'boyfriends' or come clean during a serious sit-down conversation.

Even if you decide not to come clean (which as you've read with what I've posted earlier, you'll see that I generally favor the truth, but know sometimes that can't be done), you still need to sit down with her and say that what she did hurt the both of you and was uncalled for.

If she didn't wnat to be friends with you guys anymore, that's fine, but you both deserved to hear that instead of just being left out in the rain, so to speak.

Then tell her that (A) you don't think the relationship would be a good thing to start up again, or (B) that you do want to have that relationship with her again, but you all obviously need to get some things out in the air first.

Then when she starts talking, listen. Don't get defensive, don't go on the offensive, because it doesn't really matter who's right. A friendship requires more than one person to keep it going, so both parties are usually at fault to some extent. (Besides even if the entire thing is her fault, you don't want to come across as some rude, unforgiving, self-centered person who doesn't know how to move on from a situtation.)

Hope this helps - it's a little late, but still...

Ashley