Contingency Plans Teen 1/1

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

kittens
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Contingency Plans Teen 1/1

Post by kittens »

Contingency Plans 1/1 Complete
Summary: Everyone should be very familiar with this scene in the pilot episode (first book) and recognize what is obviously taken directly from the show/book.
This is not yet another re-enactment, it is most definitely AU, the changes should prove interesting and hopefully unique.

AN: AU. In this universe the only characters are Liz, Max, and Michael. No one else exists. Why? Because I was very cranky when I wrote this. LOL! I always preferred the book premise that the aliens are just here, none of that assassinated royalty/ destiny stuff. I have always been a dreamer. Lately I have been leaning toward Dream-Pole M/L/Mi, which there is a subtle hint of in this story. But there is no actual couples in this story. (I’m placing all the blame on Tharos, because one soul mate just isn’t enough for me anymore. LOL!!!)

Disclaimer: Don’t own Roswell.
Several Quotes Taken from Pilot Episode. (copied from the transcripts on http://www.crashdown.com)
When I replayed the pilot episode I noticed that some of the transcripts are a little off from the show, but I’m just going with them anyway. I’m changing what was said and done, so their accuracy just doesn’t matter.

AN: A couple days ago, I read the first part of a story I think it was called Vault by greywolf. I remember posting a reply that they could have come up with better lies as a cover story.
Well, anyways, last night I couldn't sleep, and that concept wouldn't get out of my head. In an attempt to thwart the insomnia, I decided to type to purge the story out of my head so I could get to sleep.... 4 hours later, I had a short story rewriting the pilot episode, without anything suspicious or mysterious.
Well this morning as I'm actually reading it, I figure why not post it. So I'm giving greywolf’s story full credit, for the insomnia, and the unintentional inspiration to write again after 5 years.

Rember, I was very, very tired, so overlook all the grammatical errors, and incorrect tenses I kept switching around with. And if you don’t notice them, then forget I even mentioned it, LOL!!!
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Contingency Plans
Part 1/1 Complete

CRASHDOWN CAFÉ
Sept 18, 1999

A waitress sets down two plates of food onto the table. "Okay, I have got one Sigourney Weaver, that's for you. And one Will Smith. Can I get you guys anything else? Green Martian Shake? Blood of Alien smoothie??"

The guy, Larry, at the table replies, "No, thanks. We're good." while he's checking out the food in front of him, and starts to dig in.

Their waitress, Liz, asks the couple at the table she's serving. "Are you guys here for the crash festival?" Liz already knows the answer to that question, having lived in Roswell all her life she's able to spot tourists easily.

"Yea, can't wait." Comes confirmation from the girl named Jennifer, before she too starts in on her meal.

The other waitress, whose nametag says Tiffany, walks past with a coffee pot, heading over to another table with two men. "Refill?" She politely inquires.

"No, get outta here." Is the gruff response.

Liz was walking behind the knee-wall separating the employee area in the back from the dining area, when Tiffany catches up to her. "Oh, and Max Evans is staring at you again." She teases Liz. Max and Michael frequented the Crashdown. It was apparent to everyone, but Liz, that those boys were smitten with her. Liz looks over hoping to catch a glimpse that it was true. But when she turns, Max is looking down at his menu.

The gruff guy starts talking loudly "you ask me to give you another day!!?? You're running outta time." His arm swings wildly, knocking the coffee cups off the table. The entire restaurant quiets at the disturbance and the sound of breaking dishes on the floor is heard. "I want the money today. NOT tomorrow!!"

The other guy at the table pulls a gun. Everyone drops down to the floor upon seeing the gun, hiding under their tables. For a moment the two men struggle. Liz stands frozen as the gun points towards her. The sound of the gun going off is heard echoing through the restaurant. Followed by the scuffles of the two guys fleeing.

Max looks over to check on Liz and from the angle he is at, he can just see her. She’s mostly concealed by the knee-wall, but he can make out that she’s laying on the floor on her back... and blood. He jumps into action. He pulls Michael up with him, and a silent communication is passed. He heads to Liz in the back, while Michael starts towards the front. Michael grabs Larry the customer out from their table as he passes it, and pulls him to the front door. Larry sees Jennifer trying to come out from under the table, and loudly says "Stay down." The other customers hear this and also stay put.

Michael and Larry go out the front door, and see the gunmen's car pulling away. Michael points his hand towards the car as it drives off. "Can you see the license plate? What is that? XL536? Does that look like a Cadillac Seville to you? What color is that? dark blue? They're turning right at the bakery, right? Does that seem like they're heading towards the highway to you?"

----------------------------

Max tells Tiffany the waitress hiding behind the counter to call the police. Then goes over to where Liz fell hidden from view by the knee-wall. He tears open Liz's uniform, where the blood can be seen seeping out from the bullet wound.
"Liz, LIZ! You have to look at me. You have to look at me." He gently caresses her cheek as he turns her to face him, while he puts his left hand over the area with the wound. The bullet levitats out of the wound and he grabs it with his right hand. Then he puts his left hand back over the wound. A connection is made. Moments later he pulls away his hand, revealing her stomach, now completely healed.

"You're all right now. You're all right." He waives his hand over her removing the blood, and repairing the bullet hole in her uniform. He reaches over for a ketchup bottle, smashes it on the counter and pours the ketchup over her uniform where the blood had been.
"You broke a bottle when you fell, spilled ketchup on yourself. Don't say anything please." He gives her his hand to help her up off the floor. She clutches her uniform closed and takes his hand as he helps her to stand. When she is up, he pulls her into his arms. Locked in the embrace, he confirms for himself that she's alright. He leans down, and whispers into her ear. "It's important that you stick to the cover story. You broke a ketchup bottle when you fell. It spilled all over your uniform. I saw the ketchup, and assumed it was blood. I ran up to you, and ripped open your uniform expecting there to be a bullet wound that needed medical attention. I put my hand on you to stop the bleeding. When you realized what I was doing, you told me that you weren't shot, that is was just ketchup. When it dawned on me, that I had ripped off your clothes and was looking down at you in only your bra, and still had my hands on your stomach, I went to run off embarrassed. You put your hand on me and stopped me from leaving. You told me it was fine, that it was OK, to stay. Then you asked if I could help you up off the floor. You can even use embarrassment as a reason to not tell everyone all the details about what happened. We don’t want everyone talking about it, or continually associating my name with it. No one has paid any attention to us so far, and lets try to keep it that way." Max pulled away to look into Liz's eyes, "Can you remember all that? Is all that OK with you?"
Liz saw Max's eye pleading with her to go along with it, and nodded her acceptance. She ran the cover story over in her head, it sounded perfectly logical. And with Max Evans holding her in his arms she could not deny him anything.

----------------------

Michael was in front of the Crashdown with Larry, when he saw the police car approaching. "Here come the cops. Hey, you saw more than I did. So go ahead and tell them what you remember about the car. They’ll need to hurry to catch them. I'm going to check inside."

Michael headed towards where Max was standing with his arm around Liz's shoulders. When he got there he reached to pull Liz into his arms, needing to assure himself that she was safe. Max put his arm down from her shoulders, but didn't step away. Michael pulled her into his arms. He quietly asked her if she was OK, and got a head nod against his chest in response.
Max looks towards the street and sees the police car pull up. “What’s going on out there?” he asks Michael.
“I have that guy thinking he was the one who noticed a bunch of details about the getaway car, so he’ll take full credit. And it appears to be working exactly to plan.” Then he looks over at Max. "Everything OK on your end?"
Max stepped closer, so that only Michael and Liz could hear him. "I pretty much covered
everything back here. The only problem is this." He opened his hand to show Michael the bullet that he removed. All three glance down at the tiny bullet, taking a moment to breathe in the reality of it all.
"I need to lodge this somewhere, but it'll make too much noise. I need some kind of cover noise, or else someone might hear it and remember it happened much later. It also needs to be somewhere out of the open, since a few people have already looked this way. We can't have it where they could easily see it."
Liz went to turn away from Michael to see where they were both looking, when he whispered into her ear like Max had done. "Slowly turn, don't make it too obvious that we are looking where the bullet will end up, or it will look too suspicious."
Instead of stepping away so she could turn around like she had intended, she just turned her head to the side but kept it against Michael's chest. She looked over the back area. Quietly she suggested that they send it between the dirty dish tubs on the back counter.
Max nodded his head once in agreement. "But we still need a diversion." Max looked towards the front door where they could see Larry animatedly taking with the cop, pointing in the direction that the gunmen went. "Michael, can you make the car backfire?"
Michael, understanding what Max intended, nodded his head. Max made sure that Michael and Liz blocked his hand from view, while he lined up the bullet, and waited. Michael was watching the police car out front while the deputy got in and started it back up. Jennifer was now holding the front door of the cafe open for Larry. As the car started to pull away, the car suddenly backfired several times, loudly echoing though the restaurant. This caused several customers to duck for cover again.

---------------------

Max and Michael were sitting in their regular booth, with Liz and the sheriff while she was relaying her statement about what occurred. She reiterated exactly what Max told her to say. “Sheriff, can you leave this all between us? I’m embarrassed enough about what happened. And the last thing I need is people to start talking, and some rumor making its way to my Dad. If he hears anything along the lines of his only daughter having her clothes ripped off and being fondled by a boy, he’s going to be out for blood.”

“Don’t worry Miss Parker. This conversation will stay just between us. There’s no need for any of that to make its way into my report, as it doesn’t relate to the crime that occurred.”

“Thankx, Sheriff.”

The sheriff excused himself and went back to his squad car to get an update from his deputies in pursuit of the suspects. She slid over closer to Max, and he put his arm around her. She leaned on him and rested her head on his chest. It just felt right, being in his arms, it was the same with both of them. She was just content to sit there with them, her curiosity about what happened, could wait for another time.

------

Things were calming down, most of the people had already left. Liz asked "Do you think they will be able to catch those guys?"

Michael softly chuckled, leaned over the table and whispered to the both of them "It won't be hard. Their car will be the one broke down just a few miles outside of town. Cars don’t drive for very long without overheating when there aren’t any coolants in it."

“How did you guys know exactly what to do?” Liz asked.
“Contingency Plans.” They both replied.
“What does that mean?” Her confusion obvious.
Max explained it to her. “Basically it means we spend time working through different worse case scenarios, and plan out what we could do, or shouldn’t do. This is the first time that our planning was actually put to use. Being able to heal you in public with no one the wiser, was beyond any of our expectations.”
“So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?”
“Yea.”
“Why??” she had to know.
“It was you.” Max simply stated and Michael nodded in agreement.

The End.

( /\......./\
( /^ \,,,,/^ \
( (= º 0 º =)
( /\
(====(,,,)==(,,,)====