Get it Together (M/L AU ADULT) Epilogue 1/27/07

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Get it Together (M/L AU ADULT) Epilogue 1/27/07

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Title: Get It Together
Author: Jessika aka Dreamer<3
Category: M/L
Rating: Adult
Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell do not belong to me all rights go to WB, Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, and UPN
Summary: Max is the illegitimate child of the rich Phillip Evans. Liz Parker is heiress to Parker fortune. The Evans and Parkers are close knit families. 15 year old Liz Parker and 18 year old Max Walker fall in love but Max enrolls to the army promising to return when Liz turns 18. After a year without any letters from Max, Liz gives up hope. Now Liz is 18 and when Max returns he finds her in the arms of his half brother.

I had three lovley ladies make me banners and they were all wonderful and I couldn't pick!! Lol, big thanks to them!!

<centeR>
Banner by Mrsjbehr^^
Banner by Poison Ivy
Banner by JoJo</center>

Prologue

“Max don’t leave me!” Liz cried as she stood in the arms of the man she loved.

One shot to your heart without breaking your skin
No one has the power to hurt you like your kin
Kept it inside, didn't tell no one else
Didn't even wanna admit it to yourself

Max didn’t know what to do. His heart was breaking, he didn’t want to leave her but he had no choice. Money doesn’t come easily and this was his only shot. He loved her more than she could imagine. She was beautiful inside and out, she didn’t give a damn about what anyone said. She looked past everything and looked beyond into his heart. Leaving her was the hardest decision he had to make.

And now your chest burns and your back aches
From 15 years of holding the pain
And now you only have yourself to blame
If you continue to live this way

“This is the only choice I have baby, I don’t want to but I have no other choice.” Max tried to keep his emotions in tact, but in reality his heart was burning and aching from the pain of knowing he might not see her for a while.

Get it together
You wanna heal your body
You have to heal your heart
Whatsoever you sow you will reap
Get it together

Liz sobbed so hard that she couldn’t breathe and her whole body started to cramp up. “Take me with you, I can’t stay here Max. You’re the only one who keeps me sane. You’re the only one who knows me. I need you Max, you’re my only reason for being alive.”

You can fly fly
Dark future ahead of me
That's what they say
I'd be starving if I ate all the lies they fed

“You don’t know how much I wish that could be, but you’re only 15. You’re parents will be furious, I can’t let you go through that.” As much as Max wished he could change things he knew he couldn’t.

Cause I've been redeemed from your anguish and pain
A miracle child I'm floating on a cloud
Cause the words that come from your mouth
You're the first to hear

“I don’t care what my parents say! None of it matters! Nothing matters if I’m not with you Max! I love you Max. I love you so much that I can’t think straight. My heart bleeds for you Max, what am I suppose to do without with you?” Liz cried and the tears just refused to stop.

Speak words of beauty and you will be there
No matter what anybody says
What matters most is what you think of yourself

Max swallowed hard. His throat was sore and it was hard keeping the tears from surfacing, but he had to be strong. He had to be strong for her. “Baby don’t cry, look at me.”

He took her tiny face into his hands and brought them up to face his. As their eyes met the whole world seemed to stop. It was evident that their love was so strong.

“You’re going to do just fine. You’re going to go to school and do your damn best and come your graduation day you’re going to be standing up in that podium and you’re going to give your valedictorian speech.

And even though we won’t see each other as much we’ll write to each other every day. Dream about me baby, you’ll see me in your dreams, and I’ll see you in mine. I’ll be dreaming and thinking about you every second of the day. I need you to be strong for me baby, please be strong, because I need that from you.

Things don’t look so good right now, but I promise you. The minute you turn 18, I’ll be there at your doorstep. I know it may seem like I’m leaving you, but that could never be possible. I might not be near you but I will always be with you. I’m in your heart and you’re my entire heart. I promise you I’ll always come back for you. I’ll never give up, never.

I’ve never known someone like you, you give me the strength to go on with life, you have this incredible power of making me want to go on, and just knowing that you’re here and you’re safe, waiting for me. There is nothing else that would be going through my mind than coming back to you. I promise you Liz I will come back to you.” Max’s tone was firm and promising.

Get it together
You wanna heal your body
Get it together

“Promise?” Liz said her sobs slowing down a bit.

“With everything I have.” He said pulling her close and giving her a kiss on her forehead.

The choice is yours no matter what it is to
choose life is to choose to forgive you don't
have to try To hurt him and break his pride
to shake that weight off and you will be ready to fly

“I’ll be here waiting for you. Every minute of the day, I’ll think about you. I’ll never forget you Max, I’ll never forget. I’ll never let go, I’ll always love you. Always.” Liz said into his chest. She was breathing heavy and her heart was beating faster knowing that his flight was close to arriving.

One shot to your heart without breaking your skin
No one has the power to hurt you like your friends
Thought it will never change but this time moved on
An ugly duckling grew up to be a swan

For the next 10 minutes that’s how the lovers stood in the middle of the crowded airport. They stood embraced in each other’s arms never wanting to let go, and terrified of separating.

And now your chest burns and your back aches
Because now the years are showing up on your face
But you're never be happy
And you'll never be whole
Until you see the beauty in growing old

“8:30 flight to Philadelphia International Airport, Pennsylvania now boarding.”

“NO!” Liz cried as she held onto Max for dear life. She knew that the time was approaching, but she couldn’t deal with the reality of it.

“Baby, I have to go.” Max said, the tears finally making their appearance. Liz held onto him sobbing so hard that her whole body shook with her. Max was torn apart inside; he wished he could take her pain away.

Maria decided to finally intervene, her heart went out to the couple, and as she stood in the side watching the couple she could only feel 1/10th of their pain.

“Lizzie, it’s ok, I have you.” Maria said as she tried to pry Liz away from Max.

“Baby please.” Max pleaded. Liz cried but knew if she didn’t let go now she would never be able to. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him one last kiss. The kiss was filled with passion and love, and most people had to turn away because they felt they were intruding in an intimate scene.

When they finally pulled apart Liz looked into his eyes tears running down her cheeks.

“Don’t say bye, it’ll hurt too much.” She whispered. Max nodded and as hard as it was he some how managed to pull apart from her. He placed her into Maria’s arms. With one last nod, he turned away and walked to the gates. He handed his ticket to the plane hostess and before he boarded he took one last look at Liz. Once the plane took off Liz fell apart in Maria’s arms.

Get it together
You wanna heal your body
Get it together
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 45 times in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys!! Thank you all so much for the great feedback! It is so greatly appreciated!

Anyways, I'm posting this part early, because I'm going to be out of town for the whole week, and I plan to update every wednesday, so this is a little early.

Big shout out to La'shon, who's the best beta, I love you girl!! :P

Thanks to:

L-J-L 76
Behrsgurl*87
FSU/MSW-94
- thanks hun, I don't know what this fic would be without you :wink:
Queen Fee
Behrsgirl77
- thanks for writing, I'm not much of a reader either, I don't leave a lot of feedback, but thank-you for taking your time to write for mine, I absolutely love all your fics!
Nitka_22
icequeen
- got a while to go till you find that out :wink:
Natz
dreamerfrvrp3
- I would be in trouble if I had to choose between CMM and JB too lol
Jason's Lover
Kitten
alizaleven
orphyfets
kittens-
you'll find out :wink:
Antarian_Chica24

Chapter 1

July 15th 1985

“Phillip, how could you do this?” Diane Evans was beyond furious to find out that her husband, of 2 years, was having a child with another woman; a woman who was from the poor side of town no less.

“Diane, I’m telling you, I didn’t mean for this to happen. She tricked me. Remember that weekend that I had gotten into that awful fight with you, I went to the bar because I was so distraught. I had gotten drunk and there she was. She seduced me, and the next thing I remember was waking up next to her. I asked her not to mention it to anyone, I knew that would only be the only time I would be with her, and you must believe me Diane. I would never betray you on purpose.” Phillip was obviously lying, for he was having an affair with Lauren Walker for the past 6 months, but of course like any other woman whose entire life depended on her marriage, Diane believed him.

Diane sighed, “Oh Phillip, what have you gotten us into. Well what’s done is done, we can’t change anything. Just go, tell her to keep this quiet, and tell her we will pay the money she needs, as much as we would like, we cannot deny that this is your child.”

“I am truly sorry my dear, but I promise I will clean this mess up.” Phillip gave his wife a kiss on the cheek and left in the direction of the hospital to sort everything up.

<center>*****</center>

“Aren’t you just the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.” Lauren Walker said as looked at her newborn son, whom she held in her arms. Lauren sighed as she realized the situation she was in. She cursed herself for falling in love with a married man, but she was young, and she was naïve. Now here she was, a single mother to this beautiful baby boy.

A knock on the door brought her out of her thoughts. She looked up and was faced with the person who put her in this very predicament.

“What are you doing here? It’s too late for the abortion as you can see. But are you still here to try and convince me to kill my child?” She said harshly.

“I only suggested what was best. I’ve made an awful mistake when I was with you. I’m in love with my wife.”

Even though she was affected by his words, and the fact that he had said that she was his mistake, and that he was in love with someone else, she refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing her weak.

“You mean you only suggested what was best for you. Well how about I suggest something for a change? I suggest for you to leave, and just let me be with my son.” Lauren said tearing her eyes away from him.

“I will do as you suggest, but I’m here to tell you that if you will do me this one favor and keep this between us. In return I will pay child support, after all he is still my child, and even though I wish no relationship between us, I will not deny him.” Lauren snorted out a laugh.

“Oh please, not deny him my ass, what do you think keeping him a secret is you selfish son of a bitch. The day the earth is burning in hell will be the day that I would actually consider taking your money. I don’t need shit from you, I can raise him on my own. I don’t need a constant reminder of a check every month that I slept with an arrogant man. And about keeping this your dirty little secret, don’t worry I won’t tell anyone. I’d be far to embarrassed to tell people that I even considered you a place with me in bed.” He had some nerve, how dare he try and shut her up with money. She was never after his money, and even though she didn’t have much, she would be damned if she allowed herself to take his hush money.

“What are you still doing here? I told you to get the fuck out.” Lauren said this time getting louder. Phillip saw there was much left in the situation and did as she wanted and walked out of her and his son’s life.

After his departure the sting of love hit Lauren like a ton of bricks and she sobbed her heart out. She was so caught up she forgot about the bundle of joy in her arms.

“Oh sweetie, I’m sorry, Mommy messed up real bad, but I promise you that I’ll try my hardest to make things good for you. I promise I’ll give you all that I can.” She said as she held the baby close to her.

<center>*****</center>

“So she didn’t take the money?” Jeff asked. His long time friend had confided in him about his current dilemma. They had been friends since college, both coming from families with tons of money, and a future of much more money, the two found they had a lot in common.

They had also gotten married the same year, to two best friends. Nancy Loving and Diane Wright, both were also from families with wealth, and two girls couldn’t be more perfect for the two men.

“Didn’t want it, just rambled on about being ashamed of me. Isn’t that something, her ashamed of me!” Phillip took a sip of his whiskey. They were currently in Jeff’s study, drinking away their problems.

“Well maybe its better this way. Think about it, you giving away all that money, someone could have easily found out about the two of you.” Jeff said thinking reasonably.

“I’m sure your right. You know I’m glad I have you Jeff. I can’t really talk to Diane about this, and I know I can trust you with it. You and Nancy mean everything to this family.”

“You know I will always be around Phil. But I was wondering, are you going to keep this between the four of us. I’m sure Diane already confided in Nancy, but what if you have future kids. Are you going to keep it from them that they have a half brother somewhere?”

Phillip sighed, “I’m sure that won’t be a smart idea. You see that stuff on T.V all the time. What’s that show, the Maury show?” He snorted out a laugh. “No, I’m pretty sure I won’t hide it from them. I’m not all that cold hearted Jeff, I’ve made a mistake, but the child is still mine. My children will have a right to know who their siblings are, but I guess I’ll just worry about it then.”

“Well I’ll support you any way I can Phil. You’ve helped me and Nancy through some tough things, and just know we’ll help you through this.” Phillip smiled.

“Thanks Jeff.”

<center>*****</center>

“I can’t believe he would do something like that? He had to have been drunk. I mean a girl from the trailer parks. How can Phillip even be sure that it’s his?” Nancy ranted. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“He managed to get a paternity test. It’s 99% accurate to be his child. He also admitted to sleeping with her Nance. I just don’t know if I should believe his story about her seducing him when he was drunk. He implied it that she saw he was rich and was after money. If that’s so then why wouldn’t she accept his money now? Something’s not right here.” Nancy waved it off.

“You’re looking way to into things Di. Phillip made a mistake, they happen. You can’t honestly consider divorcing him for it. Phillip is the best thing that has happened to you, your parents would be furious!” Diane sighed. That was typical Nancy. She always stated what was right based on their society. Nancy was your typical hoity toity high class bitch. Diane wasn’t to far from her either, after all the two were best friends, but Diane was still a bit easier going.

“I know you’re right, it’s just been a hectic time. Thanks for being here Nance. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“Of course darling. Now how about I set up a weekend at the spa just for the two of us, to ease you of some of your worries. It’ll be on me and Jeff.” The prospect of a weekend away from Phillip seemed oh so appealing to Diane and she couldn’t refuse.

“Sounds great.”

<center>*****</center>

“Well baby, this is our home, I know it’s not the Parker Hotel, or any of that jazz, but it’s all that I can afford right now.” Lauren said as she walked into her trailer with baby Max in his carrier.

She sighed and walked into the extra room which she had turned into a little nursery. It wasn’t much, it had a couple of toys and a little crib in the middle of the room, but it would do.

She placed the sleeping baby in his crib and just watched him for a little while. She would have to start getting use to all the changes now.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys! I'm back with the next part, and first I want to say thanks for all the wonderful feedback, it's extremely appreciated and means a whole lot! Just a reminder that I'm going to be posting every wednesday :D.

Big Shout Out to my AMAZING beta La'Shon, I honestly don't know where this fic would be without her, she's a great big help! Thanks Hun!!

Also Thanks To:

dreamsatnight- thanks, yeah I thought Chad would be perfect for it :D
Icequeen
FSU/MSW-94- I know, I know how u feel, lol but don't worry your ideas will be put into use later on :wink:
Queen Fee
Blink1lit
Emz80m
begonia9508
orphyfets
ShatteredDreamer
Erina- lol, i'll try not to make it to heartbreaking :wink:
L-J-L 76
JoJo- actually it's not going to be through flashbacks, it going to progress with different dates, and the present time won't be for a while, hope that answers your question :D

Chapter 2

January 3rd 1987

“It’s a boy!” Phillip said walking out into the waiting room, in hospital scrubs. In the waiting room, waited Phillip’s parents, Diane’s Parents, and Jeff and Nancy. Diane had gone into labor hours earlier, and once everyone heard they had rushed to the hospital.

When Phillip had announced the good news everyone got up out of their chairs and stood to congratulate him.

“Congrats Phil!” Jeff said patting Phillip on the back.

“How’s Diane?” Nancy asked.

“She’s fine, she did beautifully. You guys have to see him. He’s perfect, he has Diane’s blonde hair, but my dark eyes. He’s 6 pounds 9 ounces, he’s just amazing.” Phillip’s eye sparkled with happiness and Jeff couldn’t help but think that he never saw that tint when his first son was born.

“Well when can we see them?” Nancy asked.

“Right this way.” Phillip said leading them over to Diane’s room.

<center> *****</center>

It had been 2 weeks since they brought baby Jordan Evans to the Evans home, and currently Jeff and Phillip were in Phillip’s study chatting.

“So Jeff, when are you and Nancy going to give it a go? I can’t explain it, inside that delivery room, I’ve never seen anything like it in my life before.”

“I bet. Actually we haven’t told anyone yet, I guess we don’t want to jinx it, but Nancy and I have been trying.” Phillip smiled with joy.

“If you have a girl, I’m sure she’d be perfect for Jordan, ey?” Phillip said, the thought of the two men actually being family in more ways than one.

“I doubt I could see my daughter with anyone else than your son.” Jeff said not realizing the irony it would be in the future.

<center>*****</center>

“Thanks again Christine!” Lauren said to her neighbor. Christine had 2 children and when Lauren had no one else to baby sit Max for her while she would be at work, Christine offered to do it for her.

“No problem Lau, see you tomorrow.” Christine said before she closed the door. Lauren walked to her trailer with 2 year old Max on her hip.

“You have fun baby?” Lauren asked once she let Max down when they entered their trailer. Max gave her a toothy grin and toddled away into the mini living room. Lauren grinned at the little boy, he was her entire life, he was the only thing that kept her sane.

<center>*****</center>

February 16th 1988

“It’s a beautiful baby girl! She’s 6 pounds, 3 ounces. She got my eyes and hair.” Jeff beamed proudly as it was his turn to come out of the delivery room in hospital scrubs to announce to his family of his great news. Of course everyone cheered, and raved.

1 year old Jordan sat as he held onto his pregnant mommy’s hand as everyone radiated with happiness.

Diane was 6 months pregnant, and Nancy and she were thrilled to learn they would be able to be pregnant together, they were even more thrilled when they both learned they would be both having girls.

“Well don’t keep us waiting! Bring us to them you lucky dog!” Phillip said with glee.

Jeff grinned wider and led his family to the two women in his life.

<center>*****</center>

“So, Jeff how does it feel?”

“You were right Phil, there’s nothing like it.” Phillip smiled and nodded his head in agreement.

“Isn’t funny, to think we were here a little over a year ago, about you experiencing this.”

“You’re right. Also, if I recall, I remember you saying something about me having a girl, that she would be perfect with Jordan. Just looking at her, I couldn’t help but think that was true.”

“I think it was fate, Jeff. My boy was destined to be with your daughter.” The two men smiled in joy.

<center>*****</center>

“Well, we did it Max. Mommy worked her butt off, and I was finally able to get us out of the trailer parks. It’s not that big, but at least it’s not a trailer.” Lauren said as she looked around her new one story house.

After saving up some money from her two jobs as being a secretary and waitress, she got enough money to start school again. She was now working at a small production company, and she was making a decent salary. Although she still needed to work her part time job as a waitress, she was still ecstatic about getting her own house all by herself.

She looked down at her 3 year old son.

“Well what do you think? We even got our own backyard so that you can play around in. When mommy saves up enough money, I’ll get a dog that you can play with.” Max’s eyes widened at the mention of a dog.

“I told you baby, I’ll get you all that I can. Now come on we have some unpacking to get done."

<center>*****</center>

“So Nance, how are you feeling?” Diane asked as she and Nancy were sitting around in the living room Nancy holding baby Liz in her arms, while Jordan toddled around the room.

“I’m fine, but I feel as if I should be asking you this. How are you feeling?”

“Oh just the regular, you know how it is. Just waiting for the day to roll around.” Nancy nodded her head in understanding.

“You know I can’t help but think that it’s a little funny that I had a girl right after you had a boy. Like maybe there was something higher coming into play here?” Nancy said hinting at what she already knew everyone was thinking.

“Oh I just know me and you will be sitting across that isle watching my son and your daughter getting married. I don’t know about you Nance, but I just know that an Evans was meant to marry a Parker.”

“Trust me, I’ve known that for a long time.” The two smiled, thoughts of a spring wedding between their children invading their minds.

3 months later the Parkers and Evans found themselves in the hospital yet again, this time waiting for the arrival of the newest baby Evans. After many long hours of labor, Maria Antoinette Evans had made her appearance in the world.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys!! Just posting this part a little early since you all have been so sweet with feeback! It really means a lot!

Big shout out to La'shon, the greatest beta, and biggest sweetheart! You're amazing hun! Thanks so much for helping me with this!

Also Big Thanks To:

Queen Fee- yep Isabel's in the story, but you won't meet her until the next couple of chapters :D
FSU/MSW-94- Thanks so much, honestly this fic wouldn't be much without you, you've been a great help! :P
Icequeen- she's in the story, not that big of a part though, but she'll be around in the next couple of chapters.
orphyfets- thanks!!
Kitten- thanks!!
roswell3053- you'll find your answer out veryy soon :twisted: lol
begonia9508- thanks!!
Emz80m
JoJo- Thanks!
POM- Thanks! And don't worry you'll find that out pretty soon!

Chapter 3

July 15th 1998

“Kids, I need you to just sit still for a minute, I have something important to tell you.” Phillip tried to gather Maria and Jordan, but every time he tried they ran off in the other direction. They were just too hyper.

Jordan, who was now 11, was running in his game room, where he played video games all day, while Maria, who was 9, would concoct some type of makeup set-up, using her face for as a mannequin.

“What is it Dad? Michael’s coming over soon, and we’re going to play NFL Live soon.” Jordan sighed. His dad was just so boring.

“I just need to tell you something, and you guys can decide on how you feel.” Phillip knew that today was the day that Max was born. He would be turning 13, and he felt that his children were old enough to now know the truth about their older half brother. He had talked it over with Diane, and as much as she didn’t like it, she agreed that the children had a right to know.

“What is it dad?” Maria said sitting on the bed cross legged. She of course was daddy’s little girl, and she was hoping her daddy was going to talk to them about getting that Barbie doll house that she so desperately wanted.

“13 years ago, Daddy, well I don’t know how to tell you this but, Daddy had another baby.” Maria looked confused, and Jordan tried to digest the information.

“Mommy had another baby?” Phillip sucked in a deep breath.

“Actually honey, it wasn’t mommy had the baby. It was a woman I knew a while back, and this woman and I made another baby.”

“I don’t get it.” Maria said confused.

“Dad cheated on Mom.” Jordan said bluntly. He wasn’t a stupid kid, when he was 9 and his parents were out of town he would always watch soap operas with his nanny. He knew exactly what was going on, and he couldn’t believe that his dad would do something like that though.

“Jordan, don’t get smart. It was a long time ago, and your mommy and I sorted everything out. The point is that you both have a brother, and it’s his birthday today. He’s turning 13, and I just felt that both you have a right to know.”

“Why haven’t we ever met him?” Jordan asked.

“Well because his mother didn’t want us too. His mother isn’t really happy with me, and well she didn’t want me around him. I just thought you both should know.”

“What’s his name?” Maria asked.

“Max, Max Walker.” Jordan’s head snapped at that name.

“I know him!” Jordan exclaimed. Phillip looked at him, how could that be? They couldn’t go to school together, Phillip paid for them to attend a private school.

“How do you know him?”

“When Michael and I go to play basketball at the park, we see him there sometimes. He’s always with a friend of his. I don’t like him. Is he going to move in with us now or something?” Jordan didn’t know why but the prospect of Max around the family was displeasing. He was the only son in the family, and he would be damned if he came and took his place.

“No, he doesn’t even know that I’m talking to you about this, he probably doesn’t even know I’m his father. I was just letting you guys know.” Phillip explained. If Jordan seen him around that means that Lauren must be close by. The thought of that bewildered him; he thought she was still living in the trailer parks.

“Good, I don’t want him around. I like the way things are. Can I go now?” Phillip sighed, he had a feeling Jordan would feel this way.

“Are you upset with me?” Phillip asked.

“Well Dad, if mom cheated on you, how would you feel?” Jordan spat out wisely.

“There are things that you’re not old enough to know, but when you are I’ll explain them.” Jordan rolled his eyes and left the room. Phillip shook his head and turned to Maria who looked adorably confused.

“Do you have anything you want to add?” He asked her.

“Can I meet him?” She pleaded. Phillip held back a gasp of surprise. He wasn’t expecting that.

“Um, I don’t think so honey, I don’t think his mommy will like that very much.”

“Oh.” Maria tried to control the tears from welding up in her eyes. She wanted to meet her other brother. Jordan was just such a butt munch, she wanted to see what this Max was like.

“Sorry sweet heart.” Maria just nodded.

“Can I go now?”

“Yes.” Maria gave her dad a quick hug and then left the room. Phillip sighed, he made a mess of things, but hopefully now with things out in the open, the burden wouldn’t be as hard to carry around anymore.

<center>*****</center>

“Oh come on Alex, just shoot the damn ball!” Max told his closet friend Alex Whitman. They were next-door neighbors and best friends. While the two were complete opposites, Max being the masculine, into sports type, while Alex was more geeky, computer type, they still were very close.

“Max, I’m not like you! I can’t make it in. I’m just doomed to fall on my ass, and let everyone laugh.” Alex sighed. As much as Max pushed him, he just couldn’t get the damn ball in.

“Oh, stop being such a wuss. Just bend your knees, put back your shoulders, aim up, and shoot. It’s not that hard!” As hard as Max tried to keep his laughter in, watching Alex struggle with shooting a ball was just too funny.

“Stop laughing at me! That’s it I give up, you ruined it for me!” Alex took the ball and threw it at Max. He walked over and sat down on the bench.

“I was just playing around!” Max said smirking. Alex shot him the finger.

“Now that’s not nice.” Max said walking over to sit next to him.

“I’m sorry, now I promise, you and I can go back to your house, and play basketball on the computer, and let you kick my ass in that.” Alex smiled.

“Deal.” They both shared a laugh and shared their secret handshakes.

“Isn’t that sweet, are you too going to go home and play dollies?” Jordan said interrupting the best friends. Max rolled his eyes; he couldn’t stand kids like Jordan. He had all the money in the world, but acted like a complete jerk. He thought he was so high and mighty, he was just 11 and Max was 13, did he actually think he could compare to Max’s strength?

“How about you run along to your mommy now Jordan. Isn’t past your bed time?”

“How about you run along to your daddy. Oh that’s right you don’t have one.” Jordan bit out viciously. Max stood up this time, this kid was going to get his face pounded in.

“Max, he’s 11, calm down.” Alex reminded. Max knew he was right and he glared and Jordan before grabbing his stuff and getting ready to go.

“Want to know why you don’t have a dad Max?” Max clenched his fists in a ball and tried his hardest to walk away.

“Because your mom was just trailer trash and my daddy didn’t want her.” Max stopped his movements. He turned around to face him.

“What did you say?”

“That’s right, we got the same dad. My dad cheated on my mom with yours. Only he didn’t want your mom because she was trash. I guess my dad did do something right when he left you guys, I mean look at you, and your sneakers are at least 2 years old. You’re nothing but a stupid piece of crap.” At that moment Max didn’t care if he was 11, hell Max didn’t care if he was 5. He walked over to Jordan and punched him so hard that he fell backwards.

“You talk a lot of shit rich boy, but you can’t back it up. Keep it up, and you’ll get a black eye to match that bloody nose.” Max spat out angrily before he walked away with Alex.

<center>*****</center>

“MOM!” Max said once he entered the house. He slammed the door so hard it was apparent that he was fuming with anger. Lauren walked into her kitchen to see her 13 year old down right pissed. ‘Hormones’ she thought.

“What happened honey?” She asked.

“Is my father Jordan Evans’ father?” Lauren widened her eyes at the mention of the name Evans. How was it possible did he know that?

“Who told you that?”

“Jordan, he sometimes plays ball at the park, and today we got into a fight and he said something about you and his dad. Is it true mom?” Lauren sighed, she was confused as to why Phillip would tell his children about Max, but she wished that Max didn’t have to find out that way.

“Oh honey, I was going to tell you when you got a little older.”

“So it’s true. He’s my dad.”

“Max baby please just listen to me. I was young, and stupid, and I made a lot of mistakes. I never wanted you to find out that way. I know I can’t take back what I did, but I don’t regret it. If I took it back, then I wouldn’t have you, and you’re the most important person in my life. I’m so sorry honey. I wanted to tell you I did, I just didn’t know how to tell you.”

“You should’ve told me mom.”

“I know baby, I’m sorry. I just didn’t think you would find out any other way.”

“Well I guess I’m kind of glad I never met him.”

“And why’s that?”

“Well if he’s anything like Jordan, I never want anything to do with him.”

“What else did Jordan say to you?” Max shook his head.

“Nothing. I’m going to take a shower.” Max said walking towards the bathroom.

“Max please don’t be mad at me.” Max sighed.

“I’m not mad mom, just upset.” He said before he closed the bathroom door. Once he did Lauren cursed herself for her stupidity, she was hated Max being hurt, and she hated it even more knowing she caused it. She vowed to herself that she would try to shield him from any pain in the future, no matter what.
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys thanks for the great feedback! I was planning on posting this earlier today but RL is so crazy right now! Anyways I hope you all like it, again the feedback is really appreciated!!

Big thanks to La'Shon, who's just one great person!!!

Thanks To:
FSU/MSW-94- I already know how you feel about Jordan and I feel the same way lol..I love having you asist :wink:
LairaBehr4- Thanks so much hun! By the way I love your fics :wink:
Queen Fee- he is a prick :|
sprayadhesive- Thanks for finally leaving feedback!! :lol:
begonia9508- Thanks for the feedback!
roswell3053- Thanks!
orphyfets-Thanks!!
Emz80m- Thanks Emma!
POM-Thanks for the feedback!!
cornflakegirl- Thanks alot! I'm working on you're banner right now sorry it's taking so long!!
Icequeen- Thanks, by the way loved your ending to Breathe Again :lol:
JoJo- Thanks!!

Chapter 4

July 2nd 2001

Liz sat down on the park bench and sighed. She had just gotten into an argument with her mother, yet again. Liz was tired of just sitting around letting everyone do everything for her. She wanted to learn how to do things on her own, she wanted to feel free.

Liz was only 13 but she was very mature for her age. She also was very intelligent; she was ranked # 1 in her class, and her going to one of the most prestigious private schools in New Mexico, it was definitely a big accomplishment.

Liz lately would read about children in other countries, and the traumas they would have to go through, and the pain they had to feel to just get a taste of food. She found it unfair that these things would just come to her while she didn’t have to work for it all, while all these children suffered to get 1/100th of what she had.

She had asked her mother to donate some of their money to a fund for children starving in South America, and her mother had told her it was a ridiculous prospect. Instead she donated her money to some worthless debutant club, filled with rich women. It just irritated Liz. Then when she had asked her mother if she could get a job, her mom laughed so hard that Liz swore she was going to piss herself. The thought of the heiress to the Parker fortune working was just so unbecoming.

Liz was just tired of the life she was living, she could remember when she was five, and her grandmother had told her that she was meant for something greater, that when she was older she just knew that Liz would accomplish many great things. Liz couldn’t help but disagree; Nancy Parker would make sure to stand in her way.

A ball hitting her feet brought her out of her thoughts. She reached down and picked up the ball.

“Sorry!” A deep voice said. When Liz looked up to see the face that matched the voice she was entranced. The boy standing in front of her was gorgeous. He had dark brown hair, and his eyes were some what familiar, but they were still beautiful. Liz was surprised she was even thinking such thoughts, Liz had never even had a crush before, she was always so occupied in her studies; she felt boys would just distract her from what was really important.

“Oh…Umm, its ok.” Liz managed to get out. Was she actually stuttering? Liz never had trouble getting her words out, actually when she wanted to say something, she always would, and usually with force at that.

Max on the other hand was intrigued. The girl in front of him was unlike any other he had ever seen, and he was in high school. A public one at that, there were all sorts of girls, all pretty in their own way, but this one in front of him, she had something about her. She was of course beautiful, she had these big eyes that you could just get lost in, and she had chocolate locks which he was sure would feel like silk. But it was more than that, it was as if she didn’t care what most people thought about her, sure her clothes seem expensive, but the way she wore them, it was as if they were like a burden to her. He felt a sense of independence from her, and to him that was what was most attractive about her.

“I’m Max.” Max said introducing himself. He wasn’t usually really into girls; it was usually about school to him, if he wanted to get far, then he needed to get a scholarship, other wise he knew his mother couldn’t afford further education for him after high school.

“Liz.” She said shyly. Liz didn’t know what had gotten into her. Sure she’d seen cute boys before; Maria’s brother Jordan was very cute, and he would always ask her out, but for some reason she would turn him down. But looking at this boy, if he had asked her out, she wasn’t sure if she could say no to him.

“Have I seen you around before? Do you go to Roswell High?” Max asked. He couldn’t remember seeing her any where, and he was sure if he had he would remember someone as beautiful as her.

“Umm, no I don’t think so. I go to the private school right outside town.” Liz answered.

‘So she was from money. There goes his chance with her.’ He thought. He gave her a sly smile, and she blushed in return. He couldn’t help but that think it was the most adorable thing ever.

“Oh, I see.” Liz nodded her head and bit her lip. This whole making conversation was getting awkward, but as weird as it was, she didn’t want it to stop.

“Do you go to the high school?” Max smiled.

“Roswell high?” Liz blushed, stupid her for not clarifying, which high school she meant. She nodded her head yes.

“Yeah. I’m going to be going to 11th grade. I’m turning 16 in a couple of weeks ago. Do you mind if I sit next to you?” He asked gesturing to the empty spot next to her.

“Oh, no, no, not at all, nope.” ‘Nice Parker, could you have said no any more times?’ She thought, mentally kicking herself. Max grinned, she was just so cute. He took a seat down next to her and took a sip from his water bottle before placing it down on the floor by his feet. He looked up at her and saw she was looking at him, so he flashed her yet another smile, which she returned, and as she did she tucked her hair behind her ear. Then he noticed she still had the ball with her.

“So are you going to keep that? Or do I have to pry it from you?” Max teased. Liz looked over and noticed the ball.

“Oh sorry!” She was beyond embarrassed, what was going on with her? She let out a nervous laugh and handed him the ball which he place between his feet on the ground.

“So what grade are you going in?” He asked. She blushed slightly, he probably wouldn’t want to talk to her when he finds out that she’s only 13.

“8th.” Max was shocked; he didn’t think that she was so young. He could have sworn she was at least 14 or 15.

“So you’re only 13. I thought you were at least 15, maybe 14.” Liz shook her head.

“Nope, I’m 13. You probably think I’m like a kid now.” Max looked into her eyes and saw disappointment, and he didn’t like the fact that he had put it in her eyes.

“Actually, I don’t. I mean I really don’t mind. I was just surprised that’s all.”

“A lot of people say that actually. I guess it’s because I’m mature for my age. I mean I’m not trying to brag or anything. It’s just I don’t know, my best friend says it’s because I read a lot. I read all these types of books. And well, I just don’t see the point to being so wild, and hyper. Most of the kids my age, they like doing all these things that make absolutely no sense to me. I mean sure they’re still young, but I mean there has to be more in the world then just video games, and what type of clothes you should wear.” Max listened to her intently, and he couldn’t help but agree that she was mature for her age, hell she was more mature than a lot of girls his age.

“You must be thinking that I’m like a geek who likes to talk a lot huh?” Liz said cursing her rambling.

“No, I actually like you, and everything you were saying, and the fact that you talk a lot.” Liz blushed. He liked her.

“Do you always worry about what people think about you?” Max said noticing that she was always a little nervous on what he thought of her.

“Not really. I really usually don’t care. None of it really matters to me, I’m my own person, and frankly I think if I was like what everyone wanted me to be than I’d have a lot of issues. I don’t know, but with you, I kind of find myself caring. It’s weird, I don’t even know you.” Max smiled.

“Well so far what I’m seeing, I like. So how about you stop worrying, and just be you.” He reassured. Liz smiled.

“I think I can do that.”

“Great so how about we properly introduce ourselves. I’m Max Walker.” He said sticking out his hand for Liz to shake.

“Liz Parker.” She said taking his hand and giving it a shake. She couldn’t help but feel a spark the minute their hands touched.

“Wait. Parker? As in Parker Hotels?” He knew she was rich, but he didn’t know she was that rich.

“Guilty.”

“So you’re probably thinking that I’m thinking you’re too rich to go out with a regular guy like me.”

“Do you always worry so much about what other people think?” Liz joked. Max let out a soft laugh.

“Only when it comes to you, for some reason.”

“Well then I guess we have that in common. And as for what you were thinking, you were wrong. I’m not that type of person, money doesn’t really concern me. I would love to go out with you.” Liz’s eyes widened. “I mean if you thought that, I mean, you know because you said…I wasn’t actually saying that you have to go out with me our anything.” Max laughed. She was too cute.

“Actually, I would like to take you out. If you want to.” Liz blew out a sign of relief.

“I would like that.”

“Great then, so how about we go home, because I know I’m kind of sweaty right now, and we meet back here in about an hour and a half.” Max suggested.

“Sounds great.” Liz said getting up from the bench.

“See you then.” Max said. Liz nodded.

“Bye.”

“Bye.”
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys!!! I'mm soo sorryy, I realized that today is not wednesday, and that it is Thursday and this is a day late, but RL is crazzyyy right now!! The sad part is that I had all this written and set to post, the only thing is I totally forgot yesterday was even wednesday, anyways, sorry again. I don't have time to write individual thank-yous i'm kind of in a rush, but I knew I had to post this! Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

Special Thanks to La'Shon, I know we haven't talked in a while, I miss you :( hopefully i'll catch tonight, or sometime this week! Thanks for all your help hun!!

Chapter 5

July 9th 2001

“Ok, wait so let me get this straight, you Miss. I’m too busy for boys, has a date, with a boy from the public school none the less. Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?” Maria couldn’t believe her ears when Liz had called her 10 minutes ago pleading her to come over to help her get ready for what she thought was a date.

“I know, it’s so unlike me, but I don’t know Maria. When I saw him, he wasn’t like all the boys we go to school with. He’s really cute, but there’s more to him. I can’t explain it, but I felt like if I turned him down, then I would have made a big mistake.” Liz said rummaging through her closet; trying to find the right outfit.

“How sweet. How old is he?” Maria said as she too searched on the other side of Liz’s closet.

“15, going on 16.” Maria ceased her actions and turned around to face Liz.

“16! Does he know you’re 13?”

“He’s not 16 yet, and yes Maria, he knows I’m 13.” Liz rolled her eyes; the age difference wasn’t even that bad.

“Did you tell him you’re last name? It has to be because of that, there could not be any other reason why a 16 year old would want to be with a 13 year old.”

“Maria, it’s not like that. I would have noticed if he was after my money. Plus we had the attraction even before I mentioned my last name. Plus he too thinks I’m mature for my age, he thinks I’m more mature than girls his age. I don’t know, please just don’t lecture me, and just help me. You know me, and you know I would never do something if I thought something wasn’t right.”

“I know, I know. I’m just trying to look out for you. But I trust you. So what’s his name?” Maria said as she took out a top to examine it.

“Max Walker.” Maria dropped the top and whipped around.

“WHAT!” Liz turned around when she heard Maria’s tone. She raised her eyebrow.

“What’s wrong?”

“Liz do you remember me saying something about me having an older half brother out their some where, one that my dad had before me or Jordan was born?”

Liz nodded her head, but couldn’t understand why Maria would bring that up.

“I remember something like that vaguely, you change subjects faster than J-LO changes her husbands.”

“Liz, Max Walker, that was the name of my half brother. You said you met him at the park right, well Jordan said that when he use to go to the park, before he got beat up, that he knew a Max Walker that would always play basketball there. You’re smart, put two and two together, your Max, and my half brother, the same person.”

“Oh. I see.” Liz pressed her lips together, that could cause a dilemma.

“Yeah.”

“I already promised him that I’d go, I can’t just stand him up like that. Plus it’s not his fault that he was the result of your father’s affair.” Maria’s eyes widened.

“LIZ!”

“WHAT! I’m sorry Maria, I didn’t mean for it to come out like that, but it’s true. Why should it be his fault, he couldn’t control it anymore than you and I could.” Liz said reasonably.

“If your parents find out they’ll blow a fuse.”

“Well then I’ll just hide it from them.” Maria put her hands on her hips.

“How do you plan on doing that?”

“Well if it even gets serious, I’ll worry about it then, but for now can you just help me choose this damn outfit.” Maria sighed. She bent down and picked the top she dropped of the floor. It was a white halter top, with gold designs.

“Here, wear this with some dark blue jeans, and your gold flip flops.” Liz smiled and took the top from Maria.

“Thanks.” She said walking out of the closet into her room to change. Maria bit her lip, she knew what she was going to ask was going to be crazy, but she was asking Liz, and Liz accepted her no matter how crazy she was.

“Liz?” Maria called as she walked out the closet.

“Hmm?” Liz called from her bathroom, where she was changing.

“If you two do get serious, do you think it would be crazy if I wanted to meet him? And when I say meet him, I mean meet him not just as your best friend, but as his half sister too.” Maria said a little unsure. She had always wanted to meet him, and she had a chance right now, and she knew she would be stupid not to take it.

Liz emerged from her bathroom a little shocked.

“I don’t think that’s crazy Maria. I think that’s really noble of you.” She said with a slight smile.

“Thanks. But don’t mention anything tonight, it is after all your first date, you don’t want to weird him out with baby daddy drama.”

“Yeah, wouldn’t want to do that.” Liz said as she continued to get ready.

<center>*****</center>

“So, she’s 13? And her family owns Parker Hotel. Nice Max, you can be R. Kelly Jr. but the only difference in this is that the money comes from her and not you,” Alex joked once Max had told him about the date he was going on.

“Ha-ha, Alex, you’re a regular comedian. Shouldn’t you be home doing whatever adventure your computer leads you to today?” Max said as he wiped his wet hair with his towel.

“Actually, my computer has no adventure for me. I just came here to waste time before I go out with Isabel tonight.” Max rolled his eyes. Here Alex was criticizing him for being with a younger girl, while he was dating, Isabel Noels, she was 14, and she was just about to enter high-school.

“If I’m R. Kelly that must make you Pee-wee Herman, if I recall Isabel is only a year older than Liz.”

“A year is still a big difference my friend. Are you actually going to wear that shirt?” Alex asked looking at what he assumed was a shirt, but he could have been totally wrong. Max glared at him and looked over at the table where he laid out his shirt for tonight.

“What’s wrong with my shirt?” Max asked grabbing it off the table to study it.

“Nothing, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen my Uncle Middy wear the same one for Christmas. You remember him don’t you, the one who ordered his Japanese mail-order bride, who looks like the Japanese version of the bride-of-chucky. The sad part is she’s divorcing him this year.” Alex said shaking his head in shame.

“Ok, I get the point,” Max groaned before tossing the shirt aside and going over to his drawer to get a different one. He picked out a simple black button down shirt.

“How’s this Joan Rivers?” Max said holding out the shirt.

“It’s fine. Now that I gave you all my wise wisdom, I must go, while I prepare for my own date. Oh just one more thing, are you paying for tonight, or is she, because you know I’m pretty sure she can handle it.”

“Bye Alex.” Alex laughed out his bye before walking out.

<center>*****</center>

Max waited nervously for Liz to arrive at the park. He was a bit early, but he thought it would be best for him to show up before her.

“Hi.” Max turned around when he heard her sweet voice. He was about to reply but the words got caught in his throat once he saw her appearance. She was wearing a white halter top, with dark blue jeans, and a matching belt and sandals. She looked incredible.

“Heyy…wow, you look…great,” Max managed to get out. Liz blushed.

“Thanks, so do you.” She said taking in his appearance. He had on a black button down shirt, with jeans, and black sneakers. It was simple but it worked.

“So…um, did you want to just hang out in the park, or go somewhere else?” Liz asked nervously. She didn’t know how to act, after all it was her first date, but she had a feeling that Max would ease the weirdness away.

“Oh, sorry, no. I actually wanted to go to the Crashdown Café, I’m good friends with the owner’s daughter, my best friend is dating her.” Max commented.

“Oh, I always wanted to go in there, I pass by it sometimes. My mom would always say no though. Is it good?” Liz asked as they were now walking towards the café, which was only 2 blocks away.

“It’s great. I mean I’m sure you’ll die of a heart attack if you eat there everyday, but you know how us teenagers love fast food.”

“Actually I don’t. I’ve never had fast food.” Max looked at her in shock.

“You’ve never had fast food?” He found the thought of that unreal.

“Nope. My mom says it’s not proper food that people should eat. She finds that there must be something wrong with it if you can get a whole meal for that cheap. I’m used to home cooked meals, like quail, and turkey, oh and squab.” Liz told him.

“Squab?”

“Yeah, it’s kind of like chicken, but different.”

“Well then, you’re in for a treat Liz Parker.” Max said holding open the door to the restaurant for her to enter. Liz thanked him and tucked her hair behind her ears. They walked over to a booth, and looked over the menu.

“Max! Hey!” Liz looked over and saw a pretty blonde walking in their direction. Liz couldn’t help but notice how tall, and perfect the girl’s hair and body was. Liz found herself pretty self-conscious next to her.

“Hey Isabel. I thought you would be with Alex by now.” He stated once she came to the booth’s side.

“Yeah, I was heading over there just now, but then I saw you so I thought I’d come over and say hi.” She said.

“Oh. Oh Isabel, this is Liz, Liz, this is Isabel, the one I told you about, whose parent’s own this place.” Max told Liz. Liz felt a sign of relief once she realized Isabel was the one dating Max’s best friend.

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” Liz said politely while giving Isabel a soft smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too, I wish I could stay and chat, but you know how Alex gets. I hope to see you again soon Liz. Maybe then we can really have a chance to talk. Well order whatever you want guys, it’s on the house. See you later!” Isabel said, and with that she left.

“She’s nice.” Liz commented.

“Yeah, she’s great. Alex really likes her, Alex that’s my best friend. But yeah it was kind of weird the two of them together, Alex is the computer type, and well Isabel, as you can tell she’s not. But she really likes him back.”

“That’s good. You don’t know how many times I’ve seen girls go for guys only because of their reputation and status in society. It’s refreshing to hear of a different version.”

“So since you’re the expert, what do you suggest to eat?” Liz asked. She looked over the menu, and she couldn’t for the life of her ever remember seeing food named such as the ones on the menu.

“Try the Will Smith Burger, its good. You should get fries with it.”

“I think I’ll do just that.” Once the waitress showed up Liz and Max both ordered and had some small talk before the food came. As the two talked, they learned that they both had a lot in common, and that their attraction for each other grew into something more as the night went on.

Liz learned that Max was a caring, genuine guy, who loved his mother, and never judged a person. Max learned that even though Liz had so much money, she was like a regular person. Though she didn’t experience many of the things normal teenagers did, she was still willing to be open to different things.

Now it was the end of the night and Max and Liz walked back to the park.

“Do you have a way back home, or do you want me to walk you?” Max asked noticing that it was late.

“Oh no, my driver should be here any minute.” Liz said. She had called her driver just before they left the café, she knew that it was getting late, and if she was to be home after 9, her mother would be furious, demanding to know where she had been.

“Oh, ok, I didn’t want you to have to walk, I know it must be pretty far.” Liz smiled.

“Thanks for worrying.” She said. He nodded.

“So, I had a good time.” Liz said. The night was coming to an end, but she wished it didn’t.

“Me too. Maybe we could do it again sometime.” Liz’s smile got wider.

“I’d like that. Here’s my number. You can call me anytime.” Liz said grabbing a pen from her purse and writing it down on his hand.

“Thanks, I’ll be sure to call.” He said. He was getting nervous, and he wanted to kiss her but he didn’t want to be forward. Liz turned her head once she saw headlights. She knew her driver had arrived.

“Well that’s my ride.” She said pointing back towards the car.

“Oh right. So um, I guess I’ll be seeing you soon hopefully?”

“Yeah.” Liz said. Max looked at her. ‘Oh to hell with it,’ He thought, and took the plunge. He leaned down and captured Liz’s lips with his. The kiss was short but sweet, and when they pulled apart they were both grinning like fools.

“Goodnight.” Liz said before walking over to her car.

“Night.” Max said as he watched her go. He already knew he was going to fall for her.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys!! Ok i'm back with the next part, and on time! I swear I cannot believe it is Wednesday, I just feel like I just posted the last part a week ago, Time is flying by me, and I have nothing done!! RL is still pretty hectic, but it's slowing down a bit, which feels great! I would write individual thanks, but kind of in a rush, just dropping this off. Thanks all so much for the feedback it really means a lot!

Big thanks to La'shon. *Sigh* it's been so long :( I hope we can find some time to talk! I'm going through withdrawals, not talking about Jen and Brad, or Chad and Sophia lol. Miss you hun!!

Chapter 6

July 15th 2001

It had been 2 weeks since Max and Liz had their first date, and since then there had been exactly 5 more dates. Despite the difference between ages, the two couldn’t seem more perfect for each other. When ever around one another they would feel as if they were floating in the clouds, they made each other happy, and nothing else seemed to matter.

It was now Max’s birthday, and Liz knew that they hadn’t been together for very long, but she wanted to do something special, without going too over the top. So she went to a mall in Albuquerque with Maria to find a good birthday gift.

“Maria, Max doesn’t go golfing, what would he do with golf clubs?” Liz questioned as Maria pointed to golf clubs as a suggestion. They were currently in a sporting store and out of all the things Maria could have picked, she picked golf clubs.

“Well you said he was the sporty type, golf is a sport.” Maria defended as the two continued to walk and search. They had been at this for almost 2 hours and both girls were getting tired, and frustrated.

“Liz, we’ve been here since 1, can we please pick something like now?” Maria whined.

“Maria, I’m trying to find the perfect gift. I want it to mean something, but at the same time we’ve only been together for 2 weeks, I don’t want it to say oh I’m planning our wedding, and picking out names for our child either.” Liz sighed, this all seemed so useless.

“I know what you’re trying to say, but it’s like you said you’ve been together for 2 weeks, you don’t even know him that well, how could you possibly get him the perfect gift?” Liz knew Maria was right, but in a sense she felt as if she knew Max her whole life. The two just connected so well, and they had so much in common, from what she knew so far.

“I know, it’s just…wait! I got it!” Liz said walking off to a direction where her perfect gift lay.

“Liz, I don’t think that that’s that great of a gift, it’s kind of plain, and I’m sure he has one already…” Maria called after her.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEARR MAXXX…HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” Liz, Lauren, Isabel, Alex, and a couple of other Max’s friends sang, as Max cut his cake and blew his candles out.

The night was going good, and Max was having a great time. He had his mother, his best friend, and now he also had a girlfriend. Things were going good in his life.

After eating pizza, and cutting the cake, everyone was just hanging around, eating cake, and having a great time. Max and Liz were currently sitting together just laughing and watching everyone around them.

Alex was teasing Isabel about something, and in return she smacked him. A couple of Max’s guys friends were trying to hit on Isabel’s friends that came along with her, but they mostly got shot down quickly, which was always fun to laugh at. Liz couldn’t even remember a time when her life was as simple, and as fun as this.

Sure she and Maria would fool around, and when she was with Maria, things seemed to be as normal as it could be, but never had she been in a room filled with people, and have it seem like she was just a regular teen. It was quite refreshing.

“So what did you wish for?” Liz asked taking Max’s attention away from his party guests. Max smiled at her.

“If I tell you it wouldn’t be a wish, now would it?”

“Oh, yes it will.”

“Oh and how’s that.”

“Umm…because it just it, don’t question it. So what did you wish for?” Max laughed.

“I’m not going to tell you.”

“Fine, but I bet I can guess it.” Max raised his eyebrow.

“Oh really, well I have to see this.” Liz smirked.

“Ok. Hmm let’s see.” She said as she closed her eyes pretending to read his mind.

“You wished…” She leaned in close to him.

“For…” She leaned a bit closer.

“A…” She was now centimeters away from him.

“Kiss.” She said their lips touching.

“Amazing, you got it correct.” Max right before he captured her lips with his. They shared a passionate kiss, and if there wasn’t a crowd of people, cooing, and interrupting them, it might have lead into something bigger.

The two spread apart with big smiles on their faces.

“You guys can’t just let a guy live can you?” Max asked. They all shook their heads no. Alex came behind Max and patted him on his back.

“It’s just cuz they’re all jealous that they’re not getting any play.” He said motioning over to the crowd of girls glaring at the boys. Max laughed.

“Yeah, you’re right.” He said shaking his head.

The party lasted for about another hour, but now everyone was gone except for Liz.

Max had opened every one of his presents earlier, but Liz decided to hold off on giving him hers.

The two were sitting out on the porch, and Liz had called her driver, so she had about 20 minutes before he arrived, so Liz found it to be the perfect opportunity to give him her gift.

“Ok, now it’s time for your gift.” Liz said reaching over behind the chair grabbing a neatly wrapped gift.

“Liz, you didn’t have to get me anything.” Max said. Liz rolled her eyes.

“Please, what kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn’t get you a gift?” Liz widened her eyes.

“I didn’t mean girlfriend, that just came out…”

“I like girlfriend.” Max interrupted. Liz smiled in relief.

“Yeah?”

“Definitely.” Max said leaning in to give her a quick peck on the lips.

“Ok, good. Now here.” Liz said handing him the gift. Max took it an unwrapped it carefully.

“It’s a basketball…” Max said once it was fully unwrapped. He wasn’t expecting that, after all he already had one. He turned it around and then his eye’s widened.

“WITH MICHAEL JORDAN’S SIGNATURE!” He exclaimed. He couldn’t believe it, on the basketball it had written, To Max, have a great birthday- Michael Jordan.

Even though there were many more famous basketball players out there he liked, Michael Jordan would always be his favorite.

“I know that Michael Jordan’s your favorite, and plus if it wasn’t for your basketball hitting me on my leg that day, we would have probably never met like we did. So I thought it was perfect.” Liz explained. Max smiled.

“It is... its so perfect thank-you so much! But how did you get his signature?”

“Oh well, he was staying at one of my dad’s hotels in Albuquerque, some family outing or something, and since I was already there shopping for your gift, I thought his signature would make it just right.”

“Liz you have no idea how amazing this is. You have no idea how amazing you are! I can’t believe this! Thank-you.” Max said looking into her eyes. Liz smiled at him.

“Of course, it was no big deal, I wanted you to have the perfect gift.” She said.

“Just you being here is perfect enough.” He said leaning in to give her a kiss.

At that moment, Max just knew that things were going to turn out great for the two of them.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys! I'm back with the next part! Is it me or are these weeks going by fast?? I miss summer :( lol..Ne waiis I hope you guys like it!!

Big thanks to La'Shon you're great hun!!

Also Thanks To:

LairaBehr4: Lol I'm not sure I can grant such a wish, but i'll see what I can do :wink:
Queen Fee: Thanks! :D
Earth2Mama: Hmm sounds nice...lol..well maybe you don't have to wait much longer lol :wink:
Kitten:Thanks! :D
roswell3053:Thanks! :D
FSU/MSW-94:lol sounds yummy...maybe we can get a bit of channing tatum with that lol :P
Evelynn: Thanks! :D
begonia9508: Thanks! :D
orphyfets: Glad you're all caught up! Thanks for reading!!
Icequeen: Still got a while till people find out about Max :mrgreen: lol thanks for reading!!
jojo: Thanks! :D

Chapter 7

November 15th 2001

It had been 4 months since Liz and Max shared their first date, and it had been 6 months filled with many dates after it. As Maria predicted their relationship did get serious, too serious at that.

Max and Liz just had so much in common, and their feelings for each other grew stronger every day. Max was right when he predicted that he would fall for her, and even though neither had yet to say the special 3 words, they both know they were feeling it.

But Liz had something she needed to do, and just as she promised Maria, she was meeting Max for Maria, and not for her. She just hoped Max wouldn’t be mad at her for keeping it from him so long.

Liz waited in front of Max’s front door after she rang the door bell. Although Liz had met Max’s mother, Liz explained to Max why it wouldn’t be a good idea for her parents to meet Max.

Max understood, but was still a little hurt, he felt that Liz was ashamed of him, but Liz quickly corrected him, and said that she was anything but ashamed of him, but that she knew if she told her parents of their relationship, it would end quicker than it had started. Max then of course supported her decision, but that didn’t stop him from introducing her to his mom. They seemed to get along too, which was a plus for him.

“Hi Liz, how are you?” Lauren said opening the door to find her son’s girlfriend.

“I’m good Mrs. Walker, how are you?” Liz asked politely.

“Good, you know here and there. Come in, come in.” Lauren said moving aside for Liz to enter. Liz smiled her thanks.

“Is Max home?” Liz asked looking towards his room.

“Just in his room. Go on, I know you don’t want to spend it with a boring old lady like me.” Lauren joked.

“Oh no, I don’t think that about you at all,” Liz protested, she didn’t want Max’s mother to think negative things about her.

“Oh honey, I was just joking. Go on, Max is probably expecting you.” Liz smiled and walked towards Max’s room, leaving Lauren to laugh at Liz’s cuteness.

“Hey.” Liz said knocking lightly on the opened door. Max looked up from his desk, where he was currently doing homework.

“Hey! You know I’m never to busy for you.” Max said walking over to her, giving her a kiss.

“What’s up? I thought we were meeting up tonight.” Max said closing the door behind Liz.

“Umm yeah, we are, but there’s something I have to talk to you about first.” Liz said tucking her hair behind her ear before sitting down on the bed.

“Ok what is it?” Max asked sitting down next to her.

“I just want to let you know before I say it, I hid this from you for so long because, well because I was asked to keep it from you, until a specific time, and that time is now, so that’s why I’m going to tell you this now.” Max looked at her, he was anxious as to what it was and he was hoping it wasn’t something bad.

“Liz, just tell me.”

“Ok, I know you never told me about your father, and the only thing you ever said was that he was never in the picture. The truth is I know more than you think, that’s why I never pushed you to open up to me about it.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Max, the Evans are really close to my parents.” Max opened his eyes wide.

“So you knew this whole time and didn’t say anything to me! What! Liz, why would you keep it from me? Did you know who I was that day at the park we met too, is that the whole reason why you went out with me?” Max got up off the bed and started pacing; he couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“NO! Max, please just hear me out.” Liz pleaded. Max turned and looked into her eyes, and he saw the need she had, so he agreed.

“Max I didn’t know you were Phillip’s son that day I swear. I knew he had a son from an affair, because my best friend, Maria, told me. Maria, she’s his daughter, and your sister. But the thing is she never told me your name, until I told her that I was going out with you. That’s when she told me that you were her brother, and she asked me not to say anything to you about it until it got serious with us, because she wanted to meet you. She’s my best friend, please Max, you have to understand I owed it to her too.” Max sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Looking into her eyes he could tell she was telling the truth, and he had understood why she had done it. If Alex was to ask him to keep something that big, then he knew that he would have, so he couldn’t blame her for what she had done.

“Liz, I’m sorry I overreacted. It’s just, I don’t know, it’s just a hard issue to deal with, ever since that little jackass came and told me that day at the park. I never even knew who my dad was, my mom never told me, and then one day, when I was 13, that jerk Jordan, just sprung it all on me, and… I just I tried to shield from it ever since.” Liz widened her eyes.

“Wait, you were the one that gave Jordan the black eye that day!” Liz exclaimed bursting into giggles.

“What?” Max asked smiling, as he watched Liz laugh. She just looked so beautiful.

“Me and Maria have been trying to find out since forever who did that to him. You don’t know how much we use to tease him about it. He would always think he was just so…so...”

“High, and better than everyone else. Yeah I know.” Max finished. Liz nodded her head.

“Yeah. Max I’m sorry about Jordan, and his springing it on you like that. I know how he can be, and for hearing it for the first time, I’m sorry you had to go through that.” Liz said sincerely.

“Yeah, well it’s in the past. But what I don’t get is why, why, umm…Phillip, would tell his children about me. Mom told me that he wanted it hush, hush.” Max said sitting down next to her.

“I’m not really sure Max, all I remember is Maria telling me that her father told her about you. You’re going to have to ask her. I mean if you want to meet her Max, because she really wants to meet you. Ever since she found about you, and I swear Max she’s nothing at all like Jordan, exact opposite, she’s just this great person, and I know you’re going to love her when you meet her.” Liz rambled.

“I don’t know Liz. I mean, I’m not sure I’m ready for it yet.” Max admitted. Liz looked at him with disappointed eyes, but she did understand.

“I understand. Whenever you’re ready, I’ll tell her.” Liz promised. Max smiled and leaned into give her a kiss, which she happily accepted.

However on the other side of the door, happiness did not lie, for Lauren couldn’t help but eavesdrop on the two teens, when the name Evans was brought up, and now that she knew, she was scared as hell for her baby boy.

<center>*****</center>

2 weeks later

“Max, are you sure you’re ready for this? I mean I can just call her, if you’re not…”

“Liz, I’m sure, I want to meet her.” Max interrupted. They were currently waiting, in the Crashdown, for Maria to arrive. A couple days after Liz had told Max the truth about her knowing his father, and half-sister. He couldn’t help but be curious about her. From how Liz described her, Max knew he had to meet her.

“Ok, but remember, she likes to get really chatty, but you’re going to love her I promise.” Liz reassured. But deep down Max was nervous as hell. He’d been an only child his whole life, and he wasn’t sure if he knew how to act like a brother, or what it would be like to have a sister.

“Oh, there she is!” Liz said waving her hand in their direction for Maria to see. Maria walked in beyond nervous. She’s wanted to meet her brother since she could remember, and she couldn’t believe she was finally being able to get the chance. She was ecstatic, scared, and anxious all in one, and she just wanted to get it over and done with it.

Max turned around and when he saw her, he didn’t know what to say. She was really pretty, but there was something else about her, she just gave off a warm, bubbly feeling from her, and he felt his nervousness ease away.

Once she reached the table Maria didn’t know if she should be the one to first say something, but did it anyways.

“Hi.” She said shyly. Liz looked at her in shock. Maria was never one to be shy.

“Hey Ri, this is Max, Max this is Maria.”

“Hi…Maria.” Max said.

“Hi.” Maria let out a nervous laugh. This was really awkward.

“Maria, sit.” Liz said gesturing to slide in into the booth.

“Oh, right.” Maria said settling in. 5 minutes went by and Liz was sure that she could hear flies buzzing about. She rolled her eyes, at this rate, the two would never get anywhere, so she thought she would take matters into her own hands.

“You know what, I just forgot, I have to go upstairs and get this CD, Isabel borrowed from me a while back.” Liz said getting out from the booth. Max whipped his head in her direction. She couldn’t leave them alone, it was already awkward enough.

“What CD?” Max questioned.

“What?” Liz asked.

“What CD?”

“Oh, umm, you know, my CD.” Max raised his eyebrow.

“Enlighten me.”

“Oh, listen I think that’s Isabel calling me right now, I better go.” Liz said making a quick dash into the back room.

“That’s Liz alright. You know she can’t tell a lie for the life of her. Well not to me any ways, she seemed to have mastered at it with her parents though.” Maria said as she shook her head at Liz’s antics. Max laughed.

“Yeah, she can’t really lie to me either. She starts getting antsy, and then she does that twitching thing with her eyebrows, and then she…”

“Bites her lip.” Maria said with a smile. Max smiled back.

“Yeah.”

“Yeah. I know how weird this must be for you, and I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for it to be weird. It’s just I’ve always wanted to meet you. My brother, Jordan, well he’s a dick, but you already know that, because Liz told me about your encounter, and I want to apologize for him, once Jordan has his mind set to something, he just doesn’t change it, and I’m talking too much, aren’t I. I’m sorry I just talk when I’m nervous.” Max laughed. Now he knew why she and Liz were best friends.

“It’s ok. You don’t have to apologize. And as for Jordan, from what I can see you’re nothing like him, and as long as that’s true, then I can only see good things in the future for us.” Maria smiled.

“Really?” Her eyes lit up.

“Yeah. I’ve never had a sister, and now that I know that I do have one, I kind of don’t mind it being you. Plus from what Liz has told me about you, I can’t wait to get to really spend more time with you.” Max said genuinely.

“I can’t wait either.” Maria gave him a wide smile. Things weren’t turning out so bad.

Liz watched from the backroom and smiled. Things were going to be ok she thought.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys!! I just wanted to pop in a little early and post this part extra early since you guys have been so great with feedback! It really means a lot to me!

Special thanks to La'Shon my amazing beta!!!

Also Thanks To:
Kitten- Jordan will come soon...but they won't get together for a while.
Earth2Mama- Yeah, well at least he has Maria and Liz right ? lol thanks for the feedback!
roswell3053- Thanks!! :D
Queen Fee - Lol cute! Thanks for the feedback!!
confusedfool- Thanks!!
LairaBehr4- Will find that out soon...and I've been meaning to leave feeback for Eat..shoots, but i've been so busy lately, but you're doing an amazing job with it!!
maya- Thanks!! :D I want an update to Stow Away already lol
FSU/MSW-94- Lol, that Channing Tatum is just so yummy...lol..*Drools* anyways! Love you Hun!!
Icequeen-Thanks!! :D
dreamsatnight- I'm glad you left feedback! Thanks for reading! :D
begonia9508- Thanks!! :D
Emz80m- Thanks Em!! :D
jojo- Thanks!! :D
Evelynn- lol you're feedback kind of inspired me to post this early lol. Thanks for reading!!
punkrock_dreamer- Lol, the question on everyone's mind, it will all be revealed in good time :wink: by the way your fic Full Moon Fever looks really good, can't wait to see where you take it!!

Anyways here it is...

Chapter 8

February 16th 2003

Liz was now 15 years old, and after spending the whole afternoon at her house, as her family and their friends celebrated her birthday, she was finally happy to be in the arms of Max.

She wished she could have spent the whole day with Max, but of course that wasn’t possible. Her parents had insisted that they invite all their snotty friends over to celebrate her birthday. The whole time, all Liz wanted to do was run away to Max. Especially when Jordan kept insisting that they go to dinner after the party. The boy just couldn’t understand the word no. He was very handsome, and Liz knew that he had already been with quite a few girls, but there was something drilled inside his head that made him feel as if he had to be with her. It was probably due to the fact that his father always says something about the two of them.

Liz hated every bit of it. She didn’t hate Jordan himself, he was actually quite nice to her, which is very different from his normal self. But it was the fact that he kept pushing at the two of them being together that irked her, if he wasn’t so adamant about the situation, she knew that they would probably get along real well. But that wasn’t the case, so every chance she had, she avoided him.

“What’s on your mind baby?” Max asked as he noticed Liz drifting off. He was upset that they couldn’t spend the day together, but he was just happy to have her with him at that moment. He had made her a little cake, and with Maria, Alex, and Isabel present, they all gave Liz a mini party, but now it was just the two of them, and Max felt like he was floating on clouds. That’s how he always felt when he was around Liz.

Liz was different, she was heaven sent. She wasn’t the type of person you hear about on T.V. the ones who have money and feel like they’re better than anyone else. She doesn’t judge a person, and she never judged Max once. She looked deeper, and past all that, and she saw into his soul. He thanked god everyday he found her. She was his angel.

“Nothing, just thinking about how happy I am to be here with you.” Liz said snuggling closer to his chest as she ran her finger up and down Max’s arm.

“I love you, you know that?” Max asked looking into her eyes. It wasn’t the first time he said it either. They had proclaimed their love for each other almost over a year ago, and every time he heard her say it back, it felt like he was on top of the world.

“And I love you.” Liz said leaning in to capture his lips. The kiss soon turned more passionate, and they were kissing hungrily, Liz pinned underneath Max. The two had never gone to the next level, but they always talked about it. Max thought that they should wait since he didn’t want Liz to do anything she regretted, but to Liz, she couldn’t imagine anything better than to make love to Max.

Liz moaned at the contact of Max’s obvious arousal at her center. They pulled back slightly, both breathing heavily, and looking into each other’s eyes.

“Make love to me Max.” Liz whispered. Max looked into her eyes and saw the sincerity.

“Are you sure?” Max asked. Liz shook her head without hesitance. She wanted that more than anything. Max reached over to his night stand and pulled out a condom from the top drawer and placed it aside, for when the time came to it.

Liz reached down and pulled his shirt over his head. She ran her hand up and down his chest and Max shivered at her touch. She always drove him crazy with one touch. He leaned down to capture her in another kiss. The kiss grew so intense that they soon found each other unclothed, and the tip of Max’s penis at her center.

Liz looked into his eyes, so before he could ask her if she was sure once more, she could give him her answer.

Max slowly inched his way inside her. It was his first time, along with hers, and he just hoped to make it all perfect. The feel of her was amazing, and Max was having a hard time just knowing that it was happening. He dreamed about it so many times, and he couldn’t believe it was finally happening.

Once he reached her barrier, Max was sure that it was going to hurt, and he hated putting her through any pain.

“It’s going to hurt.” Max whispered through heavy breaths. Liz just nodded her head and braced herself for it. Max gently pushed through her barrier and Liz closed her eyes trying to take in the pain.

“I’m sorry.” Max said kissing her tear away. He took her lips to his and Liz soon forgot about the pain as they kissed. When Liz moved her hips, it signaled to Max, and soon he was thrusting in a slow sensual pace. Liz’s moans drove him crazy, and Liz couldn’t believe the pleasure she was feeling.

“Liz, I don’t think I can last any longer.” Max said once he felt everything build up.

“Me too.” Liz said feeling her own orgasm before. Though she had never had sex, she knew what it felt like to get one, for Max brought her to one in different ways before. Max picked up the pace, and soon they were both in ecstasy. Exhausted Max slowly pulled away from her and rolled over onto his back. Quickly he gathered her into his arms and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“I love you Elizabeth Parker.” He whispered into her ear.

“And I love you Max Walker.” She said back before drifting off into sleep. Everything had been perfect, just like she imagined.

May 21st 2003

It had been 3 months since Max and Liz had lost their virginities to each other, and if it was said that they couldn’t even get any closer than they already were, they were wrong, because it brought them even closer. The two had become one, and there was nothing between them, and it was magical.

But Max’s graduation was approaching fast, and college was becoming an issue. As hard as his mother worked, Max knew that she couldn’t afford one, and even if he had gotten a scholarship, like he did to most schools he had gotten accepted into, she still couldn’t afford it. Even with Max’s part time job at the garage.

Max knew he had only one option, and he wished that it wasn’t his option, but he knew he needed to. He needed to peruse his education. He wanted to make his mother proud, and he wanted to make Liz proud. As hard as it would be, he had no other choice. So he signed up. Now all that was left to do was tell everyone.

“Mom I have to talk to you for a minute.” Max said coming into the dining area where his mom was. She was currently sitting down at the table, going over some bills. Lauren looked up and saw her son impatiently waiting. He had grown up so fast in the past years. He had become so handsome, and he extraordinarily smart. She couldn’t have been more proud. But she couldn’t have felt more like a failure for she couldn’t even afford for her baby to go to the schools that he so was meant to be in.

“What’s up baby?” Lauren said taking off her glasses and placing them down on the table next to her scattered bills. She gestured for Max to take a seat across from her which he did. He looked nervous, and that only made Lauren feel more nervous.

“I’ve come up with what I want to do after high school.” He stated. Lauren nodded her head.

“What do you want to do?”

“Join the army.” Lauren sighed. She was hoping he wouldn’t say that. She knew that he had been considering it, but that wasn’t the thing she wanted for him.

“Are you sure honey? I mean if you want to go to college, I promise we’ll figure out a way.” Max shook his head.

“Mom, I already went over everything, and it’s not possible right now, not if you want to continue living here. I’ve made up my mind mom. This is what I need to do.” Lauren sighed. She didn’t want to loose her baby boy.

“What about Liz?”

“I’ll talk to her about it, but my decision isn’t going to change mom. I already enrolled, I’m scheduled to Pennsylvania, July 12th.”

“Oh honey, but there’s so much going on. Bush sent in his troops in Iraq over 2 months ago, what if they send you? I can’t risk it.” Lauren pleaded.

“Mom, I’ve grown up. This is my decision, I know the outcomes of it, and I’ve accepted them. There’s no other way. You have to stop worrying, please.”

“You’re my son Max. I could never stop worrying.” Lauren said as the tears rolled down her eyes. She was desperately scared of loosing her baby.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys thanks for the great feedback it really means a lot! I hope you all like the new part.

Big thanks to my beta La'shon, you're the greatest, this fic would be nothing without you and your inputs Thanks alot hun!!

See you all next week!

Chapter 9

May 21st 2003

“I hate these stupid dinners.” Maria groaned. Every month they would have to attend a dinner with their families, and their acquaintances. It was hosted by their very own mothers.

Nancy Parker, and Diane Evans, made it their duty to gather all their rich snobby friends every month so they could ramble on about stupid things, like business, and money. It was pointless, and the guests were obnoxious. Maria and Liz dreaded it every month.

“I know. I wish I could just be with Max right now.” Liz sighed as she took her dress off the hanger.

“You too are nauseating.” Maria commented. It was true, they were so attached, and so in love, it was quite sickening. Sure she was happy for her brother and best friend, but they seriously needed to cut the PDAs down.

“Oh shut up Maria. Isabel and Alex are much worse.” Liz said in her defense.

“What ever. You know all you couples are nauseating. I feel like an outsider, sometimes I just feel like making out with my hand while around you guys.” Liz laughed.

“Oh my poor Maria. You know that would never happen, if you actually would go to with Billy. You two have so much in common, and you know you like him. Stop being a wuss, and just go out with him.” Maria rolled her eyes.

“Hush, I don’t wanna hear it.”

“Wuss.” Liz teased.

“I’d rather be a wuss then an attached puppy.” Maria retorted back.

“I’m not an attached puppy! You’re just jealous.” Liz defended. Maria rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, yeah, just drop it. Me and Billy might have things in common, and I might have some feelings for him, but he’s just not someone I see myself with.” Maria explained.

“Why’s that?”

“I don’t know. He’s just different Liz.”

“Different like he doesn’t have money, different?” Maria turned around to face her.

“You know that’s not it Liz.”

“Then what is it Maria. You said it yourself, you like him, you have a lot in common. What’s the big deal?” Liz pushed.

“Liz just drop it, I mean it. It’s not going to happen, not all of us can be like you and Max, ok. Just forget it.” Liz looked at Maria skeptically, there was something she wasn’t saying to her, but she decided to leave it alone, Maria would come around in her own time.

“Fine.” Liz said dropping it. The two finished getting ready and headed downstairs to join their family. The gathering was going to be held in the Evan’s party room, but since it was a little early, the Evans and Parkers gathered in the living room waiting for the guests to arrive.

“Girls, you’re finally ready. I swear you two take longer than Diane and I when we were younger.” Nancy said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. The girls decided to ignore her and took a seat on the couch, patiently waiting for the guests to arrive.

Once Jordan saw Liz walk in the room he couldn’t think; she looked beautiful. She was now 15, and he was 16, and he knew that they should have been together by now. But she wouldn’t budge. He knew that she found him attractive, everyone did, all the girls in school wanted him, and sure they were fun to mess around with, but Liz was someone he could get serious with. She was beautiful, their families were old friends, and they were both fabulously wealthy, he just wished the Liz would realize that too.

Once she took a seat down on the couch he took that as his que, and scooted down next to her.

“You look beautiful Liz.” He told her. Liz turned her head in his direction, and smiled.

“Thank-you Jordan, you look nice too.” Liz said politely returning her attention to her parents who were chatting away. She was so use to Jordan’s compliments that it was no longer something new to her, and it was no longer something she would blush at.

Jordan sighed at yet another brush off. He couldn’t understand, the two were perfect for each other, everyone thought so, so why didn’t she?

Jordan decided to leave things at that. He’d figure out a way one way or another. He always got what he wanted.

Maria, on the other hand, sighed as she watched her parents bicker. She knew Liz was getting suspicious, and she knew that Liz probably thought she didn’t like Billy because he didn’t have money, but that wasn’t at all true. She liked Billy, she really did, but the thing is she didn’t like him as much as she liked Michael Guerin, Jordan’s best friend. The two of them have secretly been hooking up, and Maria wasn’t quite sure on how to tell Liz.

Truth was when she was with Liz and Max they lived a sort of different life, they were normal teenagers, and she loved it more than ever, and in a sense she felt that if Liz were to find out that she was with Michael, she thought that Liz would feel as if she had betrayed the life the two of come to love, which wasn’t it at all. She didn’t like Michael, because he was like her and had wealth, they had fun together, and he was cute. He was more suitable for her too. Maria couldn’t explain it, but she fit more perfectly with Michael than she did with Billy, and Maria wasn’t sure how to tell Liz that, without her getting the wrong impression.

So that’s why she decided to change the subject all the time. She wanted nothing more than to tell Liz of how she felt, after all Liz was her best friend, but she was afraid of her reaction, and for that she decided to put things off for a while.

The guests arrived shortly after and the whole evening seemed to drag on as they always did for Liz and Maria. At dinner, Liz and Maria made as little conversation as they possibly could, and only answered questions when they were asked something, other than that, it was as if they weren’t even there.

For Liz, thoughts of Max flooded her mind, and for Maria, glances at Michael were made, and that’s how the whole night lasted.

<centeR>*****</center>

The next day Liz woke up bright and early, and quickly took a shower, got ready and headed out to go see Max.

Whenever Nancy would ask Liz where she was going, Liz would cover and say that she was going to see Isabel. Liz had introduced her mother to Isabel a long time ago, and though Nancy didn’t approve of the friendship, she did appreciate the fact that Isabel’s parents owned a successful restaurant, and for that she let the friendship continue. It was good for Liz as well, because Nancy would never go to meet Isabel’s parents, nor would she want to be seen in the town square, so Nancy would never find out where Liz truly was most of the time.

“Bye Mother!” Liz screamed as she headed out the door. Nancy, who was having tea with Diane, just shook her head.

“I need to teach that girl some manners. She goes running out and about in that town square, with that girl, almost every other day. Granted her parents have some money, but still, that’s no place for a girl like Elizabeth to be.” Nancy said criticizing Liz’s antics.

“I agree, but she’s still young Nance. You shouldn’t worry too much. You’ll get gray hairs, no Elizabeth’s a very smart girl, and she’ll figure it out on her own time.” Diane reassured as she sipped on her coffee.

“I hope you’re right Di.” Nancy said.

<CENTER>*****</center>

When Max opened the door to find Liz waiting, he had butterflies in his stomach. He was going to tell her today, but he wasn’t sure on how to. He was so scared, scared of loosing her, scared of missing her, scared of everything.

“Hey!” Liz said jumping into his arms giving him a big kiss. She had missed him, and after the previous long night, she was more than happy to see him. When Liz pulled back she could sense that something was wrong, he wasn’t looking at her directly, and he had a straight face on.

“What’s wrong?” She immediately asked.

“Come in.” Max said stepping aside to let her in. Liz walked in nervously. She knew something was off, and she was anxious to find out what.

The two walked into Max’s room together, and when Liz sat down on the bed Max prepared himself.

“Max will you just tell me, you’re making me nervous.” Max sighed.

“I decided what I want to do after I graduate.”

“Well that’s good. Why are you so stressed about it then?” Liz asked. Max had been stressing the last few months, about what he was going to do after he graduated, and she was happy to see him come to an answer after so long.

“Because, I enrolled into the army.” Liz’s face dropped. No it couldn’t be; he couldn’t do that.

“You’re kidding me right.” Liz looked up at him, but knew he was anything but kidding. He was serious, and his faced filled with anguish. Liz got up from the bed.

“No this has to be a joke!” She screamed at him. Max sighed and tried to gather her in his arms, but she pushed him away.

“Liz please.” Max pleaded, but the harder he tried the harder Liz pushed.

“No! You can’t go Max!” Liz cried. She didn’t want to loose him; he was the only one who could keep her sane. He was her heart, he was her soul, and she couldn’t loose him.

“Liz there’s no other way, I swear. If there was a way, I would have taken it, but there isn’t. My mom has no money Liz, we barley even make the bills to keep the house around, she just lost her job at the recording study, this is it Liz, this is my only choice.” Liz shook her head. That couldn’t be his only choice.

“Go to your father. Ask him for money.” Max looked at her in shock, he couldn’t believe she would even suggest something like that. She of all people knew how he felt about his father.

“Now you have to be joking. How could you even suggest that? You know how I feel about that. There’s no way in hell I’d go to him for anything.” Max stated firmly.

“Oh, swallow your damn pride. Just go.” Liz said. She knew what she was saying was wrong, but she didn’t want to loose him. She couldn’t let go.

“NO! How about you stop being a selfish little brat, and learn that this is my decision, and whatever you say won’t affect it!” Max screamed. He was just so frustrated.

Immediately after his outburst Max regretted it.

“Liz, I’m…”

“No, I understand now. I’m just a spoiled little rich girl, who has no say in your life. These past two years didn’t mean anything, I get it now.” Liz said walking past him.

“Liz, no listen to me.” Max said grabbing her arm, which she hastily shoved off of her. She stormed off in a hurry, and Max tried to follow after but she was already gone by the time he reached the outside of his house. Max sighed, and ran his hands through his hair.

How was he going to fix this, with everything else on his plate?