Tattoos?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Tattoos?

Post by Lorastar »

Ok, so I'm thinking of getting a tattoo near my hip, and was wondering...people who have tattoos and are pretty dang wimpy like me, how bad does it hurt?

I hate pain.

:D
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I've been told that a tattoo anywhere near bone is painful. The needle pierces your skin rapidly and that action vibrates on your bone.

I myself am chicken for this reason. The tattoo I want to get would either be on my shoulder or on my lower back on the spine.
<center>Image</center>
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok the best way I have found to describe on getting a tattoo is like this.

It's kind of like getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist office.It's uncomfortable and a little painful all the time but not that bad....but just like getting your teeth clean they will hit a spot that hurts more than the others.

And yes it does matter on where you get one as to how bad it hurts.The more fleshy and meatier the area the less it hurts.The thinner and more bone the more it will hurt.

And also yes I have a tattoo so I know what I'm talking about. :wink:
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Ummm well I have two tatts, one on my lower back that pain wise was totally bearable, at certain times it gets to you but overall it wasnt that bad.

My second tattoo is on the top of my foot, and that hurt so so much more then my back. But again its nothing that I couldn't tolerate. For me it almost felt like a burning sensation after a while and I HATE pain, even getting a shot freaks me out, makes me really uncomfortable, lol yet I still managed to get through 2 tattoo sessions.

Good luck!
Gamma Rho Girl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gamma Rho Girl »

It's such a hard feeling to describe. The closest thing I can use to describe is to think of something sharp scraping your skin. It's not unbearable, just uncomfortable.

I have 2, a small one near my ankle bone and a large tribal sun on my lower back (the vibrations on my spine were a very wierd sensation, but again, more annoying than painful). I have a VERY LOW tolerance for pain and it didn't bother me. To be quite honest, I think getting my navel pierced was more painful.

Good luck!
Lori
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

I also have 2. It feels more like a scracting sensation than a needle sting to me. The area gets numb after a while and its pain that can be dealt with. Just think long and hard before you do and what you want it to be. Make it something that has meaning to you because it is FOREVER. I have mixed feelings about it sometimes. Sometimes I wish I did not have them and others, i am happy with them. Just think about it before you do it.
Good Luck.
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

killjoy wrote:Ok the best way I have found to describe on getting a tattoo is like this.

It's kind of like getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist office.It's uncomfortable and a little painful all the time but not that bad....but just like getting your teeth clean they will hit a spot that hurts more than the others.

And yes it does matter on where you get one as to how bad it hurts.The more fleshy and meatier the area the less it hurts.The thinner and more bone the more it will hurt.

And also yes I have a tattoo so I know what I'm talking about. :wink:
I second that :lol: I was glad when my tattoo was finished because I just hated the noise - It reminded me so much of the dentist. So for me the noise was much worser than the pain :lol:
big prince Leo Alsandair Aidyn Galahad Colin 12.08.2007
little prince Robin Faramir Gawain Diarmad Finlay 18.05.2009

little princess Eowyn Morgaine Nevialani Caitlin Valerie 15.05.2012
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Thanks so much everyone.

I think I'd be able to deal with, so now it's just making sure I want to live with it. I want to get a rose outlined in black, with pink on the inside of that, because my boyfriend used to say I was like a white rose, but I'm a little concerned I'll hate it if we ever break up. Even though we're supposed to get married. :roll:
<center>Image</center>
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

NO NO NO NO NO :!:

Do not get one because someone else....A) said so.....B)because they thought it was cute.....or C)wants you to get one like that.

Get what YOU want and what YOU like.For you are the one that has to walk around and live with it forever.....or until you shell out a lot of money to have it zapped off with a lazer :P

Of course if you do want to get that rose than just forget everything I posted above :P :lol:
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

*laughs*

Don't worry, it was my idea, nobody else's.
<center>Image</center>