Get it Together (M/L AU ADULT) Epilogue 1/27/07

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys!! I want to thank you all for the great feedback!! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and I wish you all a very Happy New Years and Happy Holidays!!!

Big Thanks to La'Shon, love you hun! You've done so much for this fic!!

Thanks to:
Strawberry88- Thanks for the feedback!!! :D
FSU/MSW-94- Lol don't worry La'shon I have the Karma cool-aid all prepared! lol
Shadowlynxbehr- Eh, don't worry about Christina, she's no threat :wink: lol
orphyfets- Aww, lol hopefully I can help redeem Max! lol
Earth2Mama- Thanks for the feedback!!! :D
begonia9508- who wouldn't wanted to just have sex with Jason Behr if they had the oppurtunity lol
Emz80m- Thanks for the feedback!!! :D
youre my dreamgirl- Thanks for the feedback!!! :D
clueless- Thanks for the feedback!!! :D
confusedfool - Thanks for the feedback!!! :D
Queen Fee- Won't have to wait too long! :twisted:
sprayadhesive- sooner than you think :wink:
LairaBehr4- Congrats on your noms sweetie!!
Icequeen- Congrats on your nomination too!!

Chapter 20

June 2006
1 year later

“Max honey, are you sure you really want to go? I mean honestly, we have nothing left in Roswell, plus you really didn’t want to go at first.” Lauren tried to reason with her son, who was now 21 years old, fresh out of the army, and wanting to go back to the one place that she dreaded him to go for he could find out the horrible truth of what she had done years ago.

“Mom, Alex and Isabel are getting married, I’m the best man, of course I’m going, I know I said I didn’t want to go, but it’s not something I could miss. I don’t understand why you would be against this.” Max couldn’t understand his mother at the moment.

Alex had finally gotten the courage to ask Isabel to marry him, the minute the two had been discharged Alex went to a ring shop, and days later he was on bended knee.

He was ecstatic for his friend, they both had been through so much, and he was happy that at least one of them could get their happy ending.

“I know, it’s just, Max Roswell doesn’t really have happy times for us.” Lauren tried to bullshit her way through the situation, hoping that Max could somewhat find a reason not to go, go where she was.

“Mom, my best friend is getting married, I’m a big boy mom, I can handle myself, the shit I went through the last three years, the people I’ve lost, the friends I’ve had to lose, I think seeing a couple of faces that hurt me won’t do much damage. Now if you don’t mind mom, I need to get some packing done.” Max said. Lauren sighed, knowing that she had no effect on her son’s decision. She just hoped to god, that Liz Parker had really moved on like she thought, and that when she saw her son, she would not speak a word.

<center>*****</center>

“Liz order’s up!” Liz turned her head around and smiled as, Jose, the chef had claimed her order had been up. Liz was now 18, almost ready to be graduating, and much to her satisfaction she was going to be named valedictorian.

She had started working at the Crashdown Café about 4 months earlier, much to her mother’s dismay, but Liz being the girl she was, knew that she had just turned 18, and she didn’t know what she would be doing, and that if her parents would not support her choices in what path she took, she would be able to support herself independently.

Part of her still hoped and wished that Max would stick to his promise he made to her years ago, the promise he made that he’d return when she turned 18 he’d come back to her, and they’d live their lives together. That was part of the reason as to why she worked where she did, it was a stupid naive decision, and Liz knew better than to think that that could possibly come true, but her hope was the only thing that kept her to Max.

Though she was still going strong with Jordan, and she knew Max had fully moved on, she still could never let go of him. He was the love of her life and he would always be. She never wanted to let go of what they had, because she cherished what they shared everyday of her life.

So she held on to the very little part that Max held in her heart and she started working at the Café. Though her mother didn’t like it, she was 18 when she started working and her mother had no control or say in the matter, which made the situation even more thrilling for Liz.

Then there was Jordan, who too wasn’t to keen on the situation, he felt that Liz shouldn’t have to be working, that she should just concentrate on important things, but Jordan just couldn’t understand that part of Liz. Jordan was never the independent type that was one of his flaws; it took him 6 years for him to learn how to tie his shoes, while it took her only 2.

He couldn’t do something unless he knew he would succeed in it, and though he had so many more characteristics that she loved, she didn’t like the fact that he was waist deep in the safety that his parents provided for him.

<center>We belong together,
like the open seas and shores.
wedded by the planet force,
we've all been spoken for.
</center>

“Thanks Jose!” Liz said as she scooped the plates up and walked over to the table they belonged too.

<center>The hammer may strike, be dead on the ground.
a net to my hand, a cross on his crown.
we're done if, who we're undone,
finished if who we are incomplete.
as one we are everything,
we are everything we need
</center>

She gave them a wide smile, and asked politely if they needed anything more, and when they said no she walked over to the next table. As she waited for the costumers to place their order she looked up at the clock. She would be ending her shift in an hour, and that was when she and Isabel would be going to the bridal shop to get her dress fitted.

<center>We belong together,
like the open seas and shores,
we've all been spoken for
</center>

Liz couldn’t help but smile at the fact that Isabel was getting married to Alex. They had been through so much, and she was just delighted that one of them got their happy ending.

When Isabel had first returned back to Roswell and announced the big news that she and Alex were getting married, Liz’s heart lurched with hope that maybe, Max was coming to Roswell to attend the wedding.

<center>What good is a life, with no one to share,
the light of the moon, the honor of a swear.
we can try to live the way in which you speak,
taste the milk of your mother earth's love,
spread the word of consciences you see,
we are everything we need
</center>

She didn’t have the courage to ask Isabel nor Alex, none of them even mentioned to have said anything about Max, and she didn’t expect them too. They were after over for over 2 and half years now, but her heart still ached to hear about him.

When she had been trying on a bridesmaid’s dress she had overhead Isabel and Alex talking about who the best man was to be, and she had overheard that Alex was considering it to be his cousin since it seemed like Max didn’t want to attend. All the hope that filled Liz’s heart disappeared, and though she pretended not to care, it tore her apart that she would not be seeing Max when she had finally turned 18.

<Center>We belong together,
like the open seas and shores.
we've all been spoken for.
All this indecision,
all this independent strength,
still, we've got our hearts on safe,
we've got our hearts on safe.
</center>

“Order’s up Parker!” Jose said again from the back room. Liz smiled at the customers and told them that she would be back soon with their orders and walked behind the counter to get table six’s order as she placed the previous costumer’s orders.

With the two food platters in her hand Liz started walking over to table six when the ringing of the Crashdown bell, that signals that someone had walked in, rang and caused Liz’s gaze to shift towards the front door and her heart stopped. The plates came crashing down on to the floor, and the shattering of the glass plate ceased to exist in Liz’s world as she was faced with the face of the very man who had stolen her heart years ago.

<Center>Someday when you're lonely,
Sometime after all this bliss,
Somewhere lost in emptiness,
I hope you find this gift...
I hope you find this gift...
I hope you find this gift.
</center>

“Max.” Liz whispered. She touched her lips as the words came out of her mouth. She hadn’t said that name in years.

Max’s heart stopped. He looked in front of him and there stood the one girl who haunted his mind daily. She was standing there, as shocked as he was, but the thing that surprised him the most was the look in her eyes. It was the same look he had always seen with her, the look of love, and he couldn’t help but feel a pinch of happiness knowing that she was looking at him the way that she was.

Liz didn’t know what possessed her, she didn’t know what was going through her mind, but at that moment she couldn’t think clearly, her movements were uncontrollable and she ran straight into his arms.

Max froze in place, he didn’t know what to do, but like it was his second nature he wrapped his arms around her, the past years filled with pain disappeared, and he held her tightly in his arms and breathed in her beautiful scent. He had been waiting for this moment for so long.

When they spread apart Max looked into her eyes, and saw the tears welding up and he couldn’t understand. He didn’t know what was going on. He was so confused, the scene that played in his mind of when they would finally meet was something entirely different, but in his dreams, he had wished that they would meet again like this.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me. It’s, oh god…I’ve just made a complete fool of myself. I’m so sorry.” Liz said wiping her tears, her cheeks red with embarrassment.

He smiled at her. The pain, the misery, the anguish, the deceit it all disappeared the second she lunged in his arms.

“Don’t be sorry.” He said. Liz smiled back her heart beating faster than it ever had. Looking into his eyes, looking at him after so long, the feelings rushed back to her hitting her like a ton of bricks, the pain and sorrow all vanished, the minute she had seen his face.

Isabel and Alex had watched from the backroom window as the scene unfolded and Isabel couldn’t stop the tears that fell from their faces.

“Where did they go wrong Alex? Where did they go wrong?” Isabel pondered. The look on both the two’s faces, it had not once changed from how they looked at each other all those years ago. The love that they felt for each other had still existed; it was painfully obvious, so how in the hell did the two manage to separate as they did?

“I have no idea Iz. But if I know anything it is that those two still love each other, and I’ll be damned if I let them separate another time.” Alex said. He had watched his best friend suffer immensely the past years over Liz. For a time he had hated her for what she had done to him, but as he just watched the scene unfold as he did, he knew there was no way in hell that Liz Parker could just move on. He was bound to find out the truth; but hopefully Max and Liz found it out first.

We Belong Together- Gavin DeGraw
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys! Hope you all had a great new year! I don't have time to leave individual feedback, I'm in kind of a hurry! But I just want to thank you all so much you've been amazing!!

Big Thanks to La'Shon, we haven't chatted in a while :( Hope to talk to you soon sweetie! Thanks for helping with this fic, you know this fic is part yours too with all your useful thoughts :wink:

Lol Laira i'm glad you missed it! :wink: I'm missing SEE, it's been almost a month, of Friday acutally it will be exactly a month!! lol.

Hope you all like it...

Chapter 21

Max looked at the girl in front of him and she still managed to take his breath away. After all these years, after all the heart ache, she still managed to make his heart skip a beat, and she managed to make him feel like nothing else around him existed but her.

He gazed into her eyes and saw the love, concern, and genuine care that he always saw when he was with her all those years ago, but he for the life of him couldn’t understand at that moment, how they had managed to part with her looking at him the way she did.

He knew he should hate her, he knew he should be questioning her on why she moved on, and why she left, but he didn’t have the heart. He just wanted to hold her and never let her go, he wanted to get passed everything, and go back to the way things were. He didn’t care, he didn’t care about anything, he loved the girl in front of him, and in the last 2 and a half years she didn’t change a bit; she was still the beautiful, intelligent girl he fell in love with.

Liz stared back at him the same thoughts pondering her mind. Her emotions weren’t as well hidden though as tears swarmed her eyes, and her heart stung with pain and love. She just wanted to scream at him from the top of her lungs why he didn’t love her any more, why he moved on with Tess, but she couldn’t. She couldn’t rehash the past. She didn’t want to, she just wanted to move forward, and hopefully things could just play itself out without any more heart ache.

They both stood still for what seemed like hours to them, but it was more like 5 minutes. They both wished to say so much, but never said anything; they were too nervous to.

“You look great Max.” Liz finally said breaking the ice. Max looked at her, his face expressionless. The sound of her voice ringing through his mind. It had been so long since he heard her sweet voice, and he then realized how much he had missed her.

“You look great too.” He finally answered back. He just wanted to grab her and kiss her, tell her he didn’t care about everything, that they could get passed it all and just go back to the way things were. But life wasn’t that easy, that was the one most important thing he had learned the last few years in his life.

“I didn’t think you were coming.”

“I wasn’t.” Liz looked at him curiously. What changed his mind?

“But then I realized I couldn’t miss Alex’s wedding.” Liz nodded. Part of her heart was hoping he would say that he came for her, but she was just being naïve once again.

“Yeah, it’s kind of amazing you know, Alex and Isabel getting married.” Liz said. Part of her wished that she could have been saying that they could have finally gotten together. She was 18 now, and he was 21, they were supposed to be together, run away after she got her diploma, and lead their lives by each other’s side, nothing stopping them. But instead, they were reunited because of Alex and Isabel getting married.

“Yeah, it is. I know Alex was nervous as hell when he was thinking about proposing. But the minute we were discharged from the Army, Alex was in the nearest jewelry store buying a ring.” Liz smiled, as she tried to control herself and stop the tears from falling. Max should have also flown his way to Roswell the minute he got out, so he could see her.

“Yeah, Isabel called me in tears, she was so happy.” Max nodded.

“So, um did you graduate yet?” Max asked. Liz shook her head.

“Not yet, next week. I’m still kind of nervous about getting up on that stage in front of everyone to give my speech.” Liz said with a little laugh. Max’s eyes widened.

“You’re valedictorian?!” Liz smiled and nodded.

“Guilty.” Max wanted to pick her up and swing her around and exclaim how proud of her he was, but he held back and settled for a congratulations.

“Thanks.” She said with a smile. He returned one back and Liz felt her knees go weak, and her heart melt back into mush. God, what was she doing?

“How have you been Max?” Liz asked the one thing that had been going through her mind for the last two and a half years. She wanted to know everything about him. All he had done, what he had gone through, if he was still with Tess. Tess, her heart had stung at the thought of the two together.

“I’ve been good Liz, I’ve mi….” Max stopped short of his sentence as the doors of the Crashdown opened, and the man who Max hated more than anything walked through.

Liz’s heart was beating fast, she could have sworn Max was going to say that he missed her but he held back. Instead his gaze went towards the front doors, and she turned her head to see who entered.

“Jordan!” Liz said. Jordan walked into the doors’ of his girlfriend’s job, the scene in front of him, displeasing and unbelievable. What the hell was he doing there?

Max’s heart shattered into pieces. The perfect moment had been ruined, he had spent the last years of his life slowly processing the fact that the love of his life was with his half brother, but the reality of it all had finally hit him as the scene played out in front of him.

“What are you doing here?” Liz asked her heart speeding up, as she didn’t know what was going to happen. She wasn’t more so worried about Jordan finding out about Max, as she was about Max finding that she was with Jordan. She wasn’t sure if Max knew, and she didn’t want him to know.

“I was supposed to pick you up from work, remember?” He said his gaze never leaving Max’s. He glared at him so hard, that you could swear fire would burn out of them. Secretly, Jordan was going crazy, what was he doing there? What did he tell Liz? Max being around Liz could not be good.

Liz turned to look at Max. But she didn’t see the look of surprise on his face. Did he know? Max looked at Jordan and he could have sworn, by the way that Jordan was looking at him, that he had known about him and Liz and what they had been back then. Did Liz tell him about them?

“But I was supposed to go bridesmaid shopping with Isabel.” Liz said confused at the matter. Alex and Isabel took their que and walked out from the backroom.

“MAX!” Alex exclaimed. Max turned and saw Alex and Isabel walking towards him, both with wide smiles on their faces. Alex and Max engulfed each other in one of the “manly” hugs.

“I thought you weren’t coming man.” Alex said once they split apart.

“You know I couldn’t miss the wedding. I am the best man after all. Isabel, you look beautiful as always.” Max said looking towards Isabel. It had been about 3 months since he last seen her. Isabel smiled as Max leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m so glad you came Max. The wedding wouldn’t have been the same without you.” She said. She looked over at Liz and Jordan. Liz looked as if she was going to either pass out or die. And Jordan looked like he was going to burst a blood vessel.

If Isabel had recalled she could have remembered asking Liz if she ever told Jordan anything about Max, and Liz had said she never mentioned a word.

Then why was Jordan looking like he was going to kill Max? Maybe he knew, but then again, Alex did tell her something about Max punching Jordan when they were younger, but that was so long ago.

Jordan pulled Liz aside, and Max watched from the corner of his eye as he watched the couple interact, his heart slowly dying.

“Liz how do you know him?” Jordan questioned. He was one hell of an actor, because despite the fact that he knew the truth, he played the whole situation off like he didn’t know a thing.

“He’s Alex’s best friend. I’ve known him since I’ve first became friends with Isabel. How do you know him?” Well at least Liz wasn’t fully lying.

“Liz, do you know who that is?” He questioned. He didn’t expect her to say the truth, but he wanted to see what she would answer with.

“Jordan, why are you acting like this? What’s going on?” Liz’s heart was racing, and she knew that Jordan knew what Max looked like from when Max punched him back when they were children, but it was like Jordan knew something more.

“Liz, we need to leave now!” Jordan demanded.

“Jordan, I still have 10 minutes left in my shift, and I told you that I have to go bridesmaids shopping with Isabel. I can’t leave right now.”

“Well then re-schedule, they can wait, this can’t. Get your stuff and let’s go.” Jordan said obviously not taking no for an answer.

“Jordan, why are you acting like this? Why the hell are you giving me an attitude?” Liz said getting a little louder.

“Liz I don’t want to discuss this, not here. I’m telling you just come with me.” Liz looked at him and his eyes were almost pleading with her. She sighed and agreed. She looked over at Max and her heart was screaming at her to stay, and be with him, but she was with Jordan now.

“I’ll go get my things.”

“Thank-you, I’ll go wait for you outside.” He said leaning into give her a kiss. Liz didn’t know what possessed her but she turned her head, and instead of giving her a kiss on the lips as he intended, his lips had collided with her cheek. Jordan stared at her for a second, before exiting the restaurant.

“I’m sorry Isabel, things have come up and I need to go, I’ll call you later and re-schedule the bridesmaid shopping. I hope you don’t mind.” Liz said walking up to the three.

“No that’s fine. Seeing that Max is here, I’ll just keep myself busy with him and Alex,” Isabel said giving her a smile.

“Thanks.” Liz turned to look at Max and saw that his eyes were fixated on her and her heart was thumping fast.

“It was really good seeing you Max. Really good,” She said.

“You too Liz.” He gave her a quick smile despite the sting of pain his heart was feeling from the site of Jordan and Liz together.

She started to walk towards the backroom, but then she turned back around.

“Maybe we can meet up later tonight, to catch up? If you want, it’s totally up to you.” Liz said to Max. Isabel and Alex watched the encounter both smiling.

Liz’s heart was beating fast as she was waiting for his answer. She didn’t want to be rejected again, but she didn’t know what she was getting herself into, but if it meant being with Max for a night, she didn’t care as long as they were together.

Max looked at her in shock, he wasn’t expecting that, but regardless of everything he didn’t have the heart to say no. Hell he wanted to spend time with her more than anything.

“That sounds great.” He answered. Liz’s face lit up and she had on a great big smile, which was not missed by Alex, Isabel, or Max.

“Great! Are you going to be here? Because then I’ll just come here around seven.”

“Yeah I am, and seven sounds great.” Max answered.

Liz gave him a quick smile, and another great, and then bid her goodbyes to everyone before she went to the backroom to gather her things, and walk out the front door where her impatient boyfriend waited.

Max stood there shocked at the encounter. Never had he imagined that things would happen as they did, and he couldn’t help but smile that they did happen that way.

Alex smiled and as he started walking towards the backroom he turned back around and looked towards the front door as Max was. He patted Max on the back, causing Max to turn his head towards a smiling Alex, who looked more like a grinning fool.

“Nice one Maxwell, nice one,” He said before he and Isabel walked in the backroom, Max shortly following after.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys!! I just want to thank-you all so much for the great feedback it truly means a whole lot! I love all your responses! This part is a bit short, so I will probably be back early with the next part early!!

Big Thanks to La'Shon, without your help this fic wouldn't be much without you chica! Thanks so much for all your wonderful thoughts and inputs!!

Chapter 22

"Jordan, what was wrong with you back there?" Liz asked once Jordan had sped off in his Z3 BMW, away from the Crashdown Cafe.

"Liz, it's just, that guy..." Jordan didn't know how to play it off. He had too many thoughts running through his mind, and he didn't know how to approach the situation. This was not supposed to happen, it had been 2 and a half years, and it was supposed to be all over and done with.

"What do you have against Max Jordan? How do you even know him?" She pestered on.

Jordan tried his best to keep his cool, and tried to get through a good approach. He knew Liz knew that Max was his brother, but he wondered if she knew that he knew that Max was his brother. He also wondered what the hell had happened in the Crashdown, and how much they had got to talking.

"Well..." Liz pressed.

"Look, I don't know if Maria ever told you about anything, but my dad had an affair, before me or Maria was born. Max was the result of the affair. Technically Max is my half brother, but no one knew about it because my dad didn't want it to get out."

Liz sighed, feeling bad that she already knew all that, but that wasn't even the situation. Max was so much more than Jordan’s half brother, he wasn't a mistake, in fact he was heaven sent. He was the love of her life; he was the man who owned her heart.

Liz closed her eyes, contemplating whether she should tell him the truth about knowing that Max was related to him, or play it off like a surprise.

“Well I knew you had a brother, Maria told me a long time ago, but I didn’t know who he was.” Liz lied. She couldn’t tell him the truth.

Jordan looked at her, and even though he knew she was lying, he decided not to press it for his own lies could be caught in the process.

“Look, I just don’t want you hanging out with the guy anymore ok?” Liz looked at him with shock and confusion.

“Excuse me?”

“I said I don’t want you near him anymore. He’s bad news Liz.”

“Jordan you don’t even know him, why are you so quick to judge him? I’m sorry Jordan , just because he’s your half brother, and your father made a mistake doesn’t mean that everyone should blame him for what happened. He had no way in preventing anything, so I don’t see why you’re so against me hanging out with him. He did nothing to you.”

Jordan was fuming inside. He could hear the words from Liz, but it was her tone that set him off, it was like she was still in love with him.

“HE PUNCHED ME LIZ!” He bit out. Liz jumped at his tone. She’d seen him angry, but he’s never raised his voice with her. She wondered why Max had such an effect on him.

“Jordan, he’s been in the army with Alex.”

“He punched me back when I was 11, one day at the park. He’s nearly two years older than me, and he punched me, what does that say about his character?” Liz rolled her eyes and picked at her nails.

“Well you must have done something to provoke him.” Jordan was seething with anger that he lost control of the car and swerved onto the other lane almost hitting another car, before re-emerging with the right lane.

“JORDAN WATCH OUT!” Liz screamed. She didn’t know what had gotten into him, and she clutched her heart as she almost gotten into a horrific accident.

“What’s wrong with you!?” She cried.

“Well if you didn’t get me so damn pissed!”

“I didn’t say anything!”

“Look I asked you not to hang out with the guy, I don’t understand why you just can’t listen to me, and do as I ask. I’ve been your boyfriend for 2 years now Liz, I’ve been there for you when you needed me! Who has that guy been to you in the past two years?!”

Liz looked at him in shock, his words ringing through her heart. He was right, Max was nothing to her, he had broken her heart, but yet she still defended him against the one person who helped her move on from him.

“Look, I’m sorry ok? But I just don’t like when people give me orders. I’m not a dog, I can make my own decisions. So from now on just let me choose what I want to do ok?” Liz said firmly before turning her attention towards the window.

Jordan sighed, but didn’t say anything more. He was adamant on this situation and wasn’t changing his mind. Especially now that Max was back, he would do all he could to make sure that Liz wouldn’t be around him.

Once Jordan pulled up to Liz’s house, as Liz opened the door to get out, Jordan grabbed onto her arm to prevent her. Liz sighed and turned to face him.

“I’m sorry, it’s just I can’t explain it, but ever since I found out about my father having an affair, and cheating on my mom, I feel like I don’t want to end up that way, and I don’t want to be like my father. Max is just a reminder that I have to try my hardest not to get steered in the wrong way like my dad did.”

“Well he shouldn’t be Jordan, he did nothing wrong. I can understand your feelings towards your father, but Max has nothing to do with the situation nor did he have any control in the matter. Not only that, I don’t like the tone you took with me today, and you know better than to give me any type of instructions on how to live my life.” Liz stated decisively.

“I’m sorry Liz, the whole situation is just hard for me to get passed. Please forgive me?” He pouted his lips and Liz couldn’t help but smile.

“Just don’t let it happen again.” Jordan smiled and leaned in to give Liz a kiss. She found herself pulling back for some reason this time. She covered it up with a smile.

“I should get going, I need to take a shower, I smell like hamburgers.”

“Ok, want to go out tonight? Around seven?” Liz bit her lip.

“I can’t, I promised Isabel I’d go bridesmaid’s shopping with her, since I blew her off for you earlier.” Liz lied. After the fight they had earlier she couldn’t possibly tell him the truth.

“Ok, then just gimmie a call when you get back home ok?” Liz nodded her head, and gave him a quick peck on the lips before leaving the car and entering her home.

Jordan sighed and made a mental note to stop by later and chat with Nancy Parker for a little bit.

<center>*****</center>

“Liz I don’t know if this is such a good idea, I mean I don’t want you getting hurt. What if Max admits that he’s still with Tess? What if he presses you being with Jordan ? I mean so much could go wrong right now.” Maria said through the phone to Liz, who was currently rummaging through her closet trying to find the perfect outfit to wear for when she would be with Max in an a couple of hours.

“I know, I know. But I can’t help it Maria. I just I missed him so much, and I don’t care if he’s with Tess. I just want to talk to him, see how he’s been. I know it’s foolish, but Maria I can’t help it, I just have this gut feeling inside me screaming at me to just talk to him.”

Maria sighed.

“You know, it’s kind of hard for me to give you advice on the situation because either way you’re hurting one of my brothers.”

“I’m not trying to hurt anyone Maria. You know me better than that.”

“I know that Liz, but you also lied to Jordan earlier about where you were going tonight. Imagine how he would react if he found out what you were really doing?”

“I know, but you weren’t there today. You didn’t see how he reacted when we were talking about Max. I’ve never seen him like that. I already made my plans with Max, I couldn’t back out, and I couldn’t tell Jordan the truth, so I lied. I shouldn’t have, but Maria, you really don’t understand my need to do this.”

“I understand Liz, I really do, but as a sister, I don’t want my brothers getting hurt, and as a best friend, I don’t want you to get hurt. Max hurt you so much, I watched you suffer for months Liz. I don’t want you to get your hopes up with Max to have him just hurt you again, and I don’t want you to ruin what you have with Jordan , because despite how much I was against the situation he does make you happy, and I don’t want your happiness jeopardized over a foolish decision.”

“And I love you so much for that Maria I honestly do. But Maria, you know me best, and if you know me like I know you do, then you know no matter how much Max had hurt me, that I could never be any more happier than I was when I was with him, the happiness I feel from Jordan could never amount to the happiness I feel with Max. I hate admitting it, but Max will always hold a place in my heart no man will ever get a chance to hold.”

“I just hope you know what you’re doing babe. I love you with everything I have, and I hate seeing you go through hell.”

“I hope I know what I’m doing too.” Liz admitted before letting out a sigh.

“Anyways, I’m going to finish getting ready, I’ll call you when I get back home.”

“Ok, bye. Love you.”

“Bye Maria, Love you too. And thanks.”

“Always Liz, I’m always here.” With that they hung up.

Liz took a long look at herself in the mirror and took in a deep breath before she got ready.

‘Get it together Parker, you can do this.’ She said to herself before walking into her bathroom to do her hair.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys! Well I'm back early with the new part since you have all be fantastic! Plus I think I am probably going to update this more quickly since I'm almost done with all the writing.

I want to thank you all for the amazing feedback! It truly means a lot, and I love reading your responses!! Anyway I hope I don't dissapoint with this part, this was the most difficult chapter to write and I hope it meets your expectations!!

Big thanks to La'Shon, Chica you have been amazing through this fic with all your help I honestly don't think this fic would have gotten this far without you! *MUAH*

I want to leave you all individual feedback but I just started classes again and I really need to get back to my paper *Lol* But thank you all again so much for the amazing feedback!

Chapter 23

Liz tucked her hair behind her ears as she walked in the Crashdown Cafe to pick up Max. She was nervous as hell, and didn't know what to expect. She was worried about everything from what would happen between she and Max down to her outfit and if her appearance was ok. She has decided to wear her hair down in light waves, with a simple outfit consisting of a red halter top and dark denim skirt.

“Hey Liz! Wow, you look great!” Isabel said once she saw the petite brunette, who she came to love as a sister over the years, come in the doors of the Crashdown Café.

Liz smiled.

“Thanks! I wasn’t sure if this outfit was right.” Liz said her heart beating faster by the minute. Isabel smiled, she could tell that Liz was putting on a brave front, but she knew better, and she knew that Liz was dying on the inside.

“Liz you look beautiful, like always, and I’m sure Max will think so too. So stop fretting.” Isabel said giving her a wink.

Liz blushed. “Thanks Isabel.”

“But it’s not like that, I mean, I’m still with Jordan, I’m not trying to impress Max or anything, I mean…you know, we’re just going out as friends…” Liz rambled.

“Liz, it’s me, come on now. I know you’re dying inside, and you’re nervous as hell. Its ok, I understand. I for one am completely baffled as to why you and Max split up all those years ago. Seeing you two this morning, god I could swear the love never stopped between the two of you. I just hope that you two can figure out whatever it is that changed.”

‘Yeah me too.’ Liz thought to herself.

“We just did Isabel, things happen, and people move on.”

“Yeah well after what I saw this morning, I’m pretty sure you two didn’t just move on.” She said making quotation signs with her fingers as she said “move on”.

“Should have told that to Max two and a half years ago.” Liz mumbled.

“What was that?” Isabel said not quite understanding Liz’s mumble.

“Nothing.” Isabel looked at her skeptically before dismissing it.

“Here come the guys.” Isabel said as Alex and Max walked out the backroom. Max hid his nervousness well, but Isabel knew better. She had overheard Alex and Max talking earlier, and Max had spilled that he had no idea what had gone on, and that he was scared and excited at the same time for what will happen with Liz.

Liz looked at Max and her heart skipped a beat. He looked so handsome in a black button down shirt and blue jeans. It was just like what he wore on their first date, Liz thought to herself. God that seemed so long ago, but the memory of it all still held a big impact on her.

Max had trouble breathing as he took in Liz’s appearance. She looked a goddess in her outfit, and her hair flowed so beautifully. He missed being able to grab it and run his hands through it.

“Hey.” Max said to Liz when he and Alex reached the girls.

Liz smiled.

“Hey.”

Alex and Isabel both rolled their eyes. Max and Liz were never ones to be shy around each other. In fact back in the day they never seemed to ever want to hide their love for each other, many times it had been nauseating.

“Liz you look great! Doesn’t she look great Max?” Alex said hoping to push Max into thinking not so much like a loaf of bread.

“Yeah, you look great Liz.” Max said not taking his eyes off Liz. Liz blushed.

“Thanks so do you.” Isabel wanted to groan out loud. If this was a preview of what the night would be like for the two of them, they might as well end it now.

“Well don’t you two have somewhere to go? Don’t wait around here all day. I’m sure Max is already sick of the smell of French fries and hamburgers.” Isabel commented as she almost pushed the two out of the Crashdown.

“Oh right, I hope you don’t mind, Max, I brought my car….”

“Wonderful, have a nice night. Max don’t worry about coming late, Alex and I will probably be up, so take as long as you need. Have fun you two.” Isabel said as she left the two of them outside closing the doors of the Café.

“God could those two be anymore stupid and make things more awkward?” Isabel grunted.

“Well you kicking them out probably didn’t have much an effect.” Alex commented.

“They needed a little push. Plus with Max away, we can have our night alone.” Isabel said with a wide grin.

“Oh, I so cannot wait to marry you.” Alex said as Isabel laughed as she jogged into the backroom, Alex chasing after her.

<Center>*****</center>

“Maria you’re not with Michael tonight?” Jordan asked as he noticed his sister in the kitchen waiting for the chef to make a meal for her.

“No, he had to do something.” Maria commented. She didn’t want to talk to Jordan at the moment, she had a feeling that he would ask about Liz, and well Maria wasn’t that great of a liar, and she didn’t do well under pressure either.

“Wait, why aren’t you with Liz and Isabel?” Jordan asked.

“Because they’re going bridesmaid’s dress shopping.” Maria answered. She gulped. Isabel had asked her to be a bridesmaid at the wedding as well, but seeing that Liz just used Isabel as an excuse to go out with Max, Maria wasn’t with them.

“Weren’t you asked to be a bridesmaid? I remember Liz telling me something about it.” Jordan pressed. Maria bit her lip trying to come up with a lie.

“Yeah I was.” Maria tried the blunt approach, say the truth but make it short, she hoped Jordan would dismiss it, but she wasn’t so lucky.

“Then why aren’t you with them?”

“Because Liz is the Maid of Honor, and she gets a different dress then the bridesmaids do. So they’re just shopping for Liz’s dress now.” Maria answered. She hoped Jordan would buy it because she didn’t think Jordan would be able to buy anymore lies.

“Weddings, they have to be so complicated.” Jordan mumbled before walking away towards his room.

Maria sighed out in relief. She hoped that this whole situation wouldn’t last long.

<center>*****</center>

Max and Liz laughed as the two walked out of the movie theatres after watching “Nacho Libre.”

“God that was so funny.” Liz said through laughs. Max agreed through his own laughs. It’s been a while since he’s had this good of a time, and it’s been a while since he’s had a real good laugh.

Liz smiled up at Max. She had so much fun with him in the movie, it wasn’t awkward, well maybe a little bit in the beginning. But they loosened up during the movie, they would make conversation for a bit, but mostly it was comments about the movie. Now it was time for the night to really begin, and it was time that they really talked.

“Want to come somewhere with me?” Liz asked. She was now serious and there was a twinkle in her eye.

“Sure.” Max said nodding. They walked over to Liz’s car and Liz drove them out to the desert.

She drove all the way out to a secluded part with beautiful scenery. The stars brightened up the desert as they all shined throughout the sky. It was absolutely breathtaking.

“Wow.” Max said looking up once they got out of the car.

“Yeah. I come here a lot, to think and just get away from things. It’s just so peaceful and beautiful. I came here a lot after you left.” Liz admitted as she looked up the stars while sitting down on a boulder. Max gazed at her as she looked up at the sky. She looked beautiful as the moonlight shined on her face. She was truly heaven sent.

Liz turned to face Max and their eyes locked. Her heart skipped a beat, just like it always did around him, and all the feelings she had rushed back to her at once, and it was all overwhelming. How was it that he still has that effect on her even after all these years?

“So…” Liz said.

“Yeah.” Max said sighing as he sat down next to her.

“So…you and Jordan.” Max stated through the anger and frustration he felt when that name was said.

Liz looked at him but didn’t see any type of emotion etched on his face. She used to be able to read him with no problem.

“Yeah.” Liz said through a nervous laugh. She didn’t want to talk about Jordan.

“Does he make you happy?” Max asked. He needed to know the answer. He needed to hear it, he needed to know that he made her happy, that if she was happy then it would be all ok if she had left him for that.

“He does. Surprising, but he’s helped me through a lot.” Liz said not looking at him in the eyes. She wanted to scream out at him that no one could ever make her happy like he did.

“Then that’s all that matters.” Max stated. Liz turned her head towards him. She wanted him to yell at her and tell him that she belonged with him, not Jordan.

“So, um, how’s Tess?” Liz asked. She bit her lip as she did. Part of her didn’t want to know, but the other part of her was dying to know.

Max was confused as to why Liz asked about Tess. He was surprised that she even remembered Tess.

“Umm, she’s good. She’s back home too.” Max stated.

“Oh, um so are you going to go visit her?” Liz asked.

“I’m not really sure. Probably, Alex and I were considering going up there to see how she’s doing.” Liz looked at him shocked. Were they not together anymore? Should she ask what happened? Before she had a chance Max interrupted her with a question.

“So how have you been Liz? I mean really, how have you been?” He asked. Liz shrugged her shoulders.

“Honestly I don’t know. I mean I’ve just been getting by doing the things I have to. After graduation I have no idea as to what I’m going to do.”

“You’re valedictorian.”

“Yeah, I told you I would try my best.”

‘I wish you would have kept your other promises as well,’ Max thought to himself.

Liz looked at him, and for the first time in the night she could actually read his mind, and she knew that he was thinking that he wished that other promises were kept. She could read it through his face. It was filled with anguish and heartache, and she couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“You promised me Max! You promised that you’d come back for me! Do you know how much it hurt me to know that you weren’t going to be coming back for me! That you just left me here to rot! Do you know how many times I screamed your name in pain wishing that you would come and save me! WHY MAX?! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME!? You said that you don’t even know if you’re going to visit her? Are you not together anymore? Did she leave you? Is that what you left me for!” Liz cried. She broke down in front of him and didn’t care what his reaction was. She was sobbing so hard that her body was shaking, but she didn’t care anymore, she needed to know why he broke his promise.

Max looked at her in shock. He didn’t understand her outburst. What was she talking about, who was she? And who was she to talk? She was the one who left him!

“What are you talking about Liz! You left me!” He retorted. He didn’t yell, he didn’t shout, he was just trying his hardest not to break down from seeing Liz in such a shattered state. Liz looked up at him and couldn’t believe him.

“Oh Max! Please don’t turn this around on me! I waited for you! I waited for you for months and months, hoping! Praying, that you would change your mind! That what you were thinking was stupid, and that you still loved me! I didn’t receive one letter except for your last one explaining what you did, and it killed me everyday. I didn’t have a choice with Jordan! Jordan was there for me, he acted like he cared and for the first time in months he made me feel like there was a reason as to why I was living, and that maybe I could move on without you. But don’t you understand Max! No one could ever replace you! No one could ever hold that place in my heart! I love you and only you!” She cried.

“Liz what the hell are you talking about!? Change my mind about what? You stopped sending me letters! I had to hear it from my mother that you were with Jordan!”

“Oh what Max you expect me to write back to you after all the things you said in the letter. I couldn’t go through the heartbreak, and I’m sorry that you had to hear about Jordan from your mother I’m sorry. But I waited, I waited for months until you said we were over! You didn’t wait Max! You just moved on with her! WHY!? WHY DID YOU DO IT MAX? DID I NOT SHOW YOU ENOUGH LOVE, BECAUSE MY HEART BLEEDS FOR YOU MAX! I COULD NEVER STOP LOVING YOU MAX!”

Max was taken aback. He had no clue what she was talking about. Who did he move on with? How could she move on months after they were over if she was the one who ended things?

“Liz what are you talking about! Who is she? I don’t understand! Who did I move on with!” Max cried.

“GOD PLEASE DON’T REMIND ME OF THE PAST MAX! IT KILLS ME ENOUGH TO MENTION HER NAME!”

“Liz please.” Max pleaded.

“TESS MAX! TESS!” Liz said before she took the letter out of her back pocket and threw it at him.

“I carry it around with me all the time, it’s stupid I know, but it helps me get through the reality that we really aren’t together.” Liz cried. Max picked up the letter that Liz threw at him and he was shocked to see that it was in his handwriting. It was exactly in his handwriting.

He started reading the letter and then it hit him. Someone had set him up. ‘It couldn’t be,’ He thought to himself. The only one who had handwriting like his was his mother, except her e’s had a little extra curve to them, only he could be able to tell the difference. He painfully eyed an e on the letter, and his heart shattered as the e curved a little more than his ones.

He closed his eyes the pain, fear, and the deceit all rushed to him at once. How could his mother do this? Why would she do this?

“Liz I didn’t write this letter.” Max finally said. Liz looked up at him with her tear struck face.

“What?”

“Liz, I didn’t write this letter. I never moved on with Tess. I could never even dream of doing so, the only person I’ve ever thought of was you. You were the only thing that possessed my mind day and night. Tess is back home and she’s still with Kyle. They’re engaged Liz. Oh god, why would she do this?” Max cried.

Liz looked at him. Her heart was beating so fast, and she was feeling nauseas. It was all a lie?

“Who did this Max?”

“My mother wrote this letter Liz....god why would she do this? I would never do this to you Liz, everyday without you was hell. I thought you...oh god,” Max sobbed. How could his mother do this to him, she knew how he felt about Liz. She had watched him cry for her, did she not know what hell Max went through?

“You thought I what Max?”

“When your letters stopped coming, I called you and you didn't pick up your cell phone, so I called my mother and she said that she had seen you with Jordan that you two were together. I refused to believe it so I called Maria and I heard your laugh and a guy had picked up so I assumed it was Jordan and that the two of you were really together.”

Liz looked at him in shock and her whole world crashed around her. How could this have happened? How could they have been manipulated so easily? “Didn’t you ever ask Isabel? Or Alex I mean...” then it hit her, when she asked Isabel about Tess and Max she never really confirmed anything, she just said they were close, Liz had just assumed.

“Oh god Max, why did this happen to us? How could this be possible?” Liz cried. The last 2 years had all been a lie, they could have been together, and they could have started their lives together. She thought he didn't love her anymore, but he did! He still loved her!

“You still love me?” Liz whispered as the tears ran down her face.

“God Liz, I never stopped, I never stopped.” He cried.

“Me neither! I love you so much max, I missed you so much! I never wanted to move on but it hurt so much, I still love you max! I still love....” Max cut her off as he pulled her to him and captured her lips and the two had finally got the kiss they've been yearning for. They kissed hungrily and passionately through their tears and emotions. They didn't even dare to stop, they didn't want to part, they just wanted to stay kissing, in each other's arms making up for the all the time they were apart.

Max laid her down against the rock as he slowly pinned her underneath him. He kissed a trail down her neck, and tears of joy and sadness streaked down Liz's face. Liz didn’t want him to ever stop. She didn’t ever want him to stop touching her or stop kissing her. She never wanted the moment to end. Her heart had finally felt right after so long, and she knew that this was where she belonged.

Before they knew it, the two were lying on the ground of the desert, bare, and making love in witness to all the stars.

“Am I hurting you?” Max asked as he saw her tears rushed down her face. They were moving together so peacefully, and perfectly. The feel of her made so many feelings rush towards Max, and he couldn’t believe that he was finally inside her, and they were together as one again.

“No. I just missed this, so much.” Liz said giving him a smile before he leaned in and gave her a kiss.

“I love you so much Liz.”

“I love you too Max.” Seconds later the two reached their peaks simultaneously while looking into each other’s eyes.

Max and Liz stayed that way for a few minutes, just staring into each other’s eyes, and proclaiming their love to one another without actually saying anything. Max slowly pulled out of Liz and rolled to his side, and quickly gathered Liz in his arms.

“I didn't...with Jordan.” Liz admitted. Max looked at her shocked.

“He’s always wanted to, but I couldn’t. Maria always told me that it was stupid of me because we all thought that you left me, and I was being childish. But I couldn’t, I couldn’t be with anyone else like that Max.”

Max looked at her guiltily. He wanted to tell her that he waited for her too but he couldn’t, and she had just admitted to him even though she thought that Max left her, even though she was hurt that she couldn’t give up on him and that made his heart just glow and lunge out with joy. How was he supposed to explain to her that he didn’t do the same for her?

“It’s ok if you did Max. It’s been a long time, and you didn’t have anytime to process it. I never really told you about it, even though it was all a lie. I did get that letter, you never got anything from me explaining my actions.” Liz said. Though it would kill her to find out if Max was with another girl, she would understand his actions.

“I made believe it was you Liz. Every time, I pretended it was you.” Max promised. Liz gave him a weak smile, but her heart stung from the truth and a single tear fell down her cheek.

“I’m sorry Liz…I’m so…” Liz shushed him with her finger and leaned in to give him a sweet kiss.

“Don’t apologize Max. Please, we’ve been through enough, I just want it to be about us, me and you, no apologies, no nothing. I want the truth and all of it, since we’ve been living lies for the last 2 and a half years, I just want to know everything and anything about you.” Liz pleaded.

“Well after, after I thought that you… I don’t know, I was just so angry. I smashed everything up in the room, and I just cried. I cried so hard, and that’s how Alex found me. He couldn’t believe it himself, but he like me thought my mother would never lie to me. God why would she do this Liz? Why?!” Max cried as his mother’s dishonesty rushed back to him.

“I don’t know Max, I honestly don’t know.” Liz said. She had never done anything to Lauren Walker, she couldn’t understand why she would do that.

“I’m going to find out, I promise you Liz. We will get to the bottom of this. Together.”

Liz smiled and laced her fingers through his.

“Together,” She whispered, loving the sound of it.

Max brought her hand to his lips and kissed it softly. Liz sighed; she could never get tired of his kisses.

“Tell me about them Max. I need to know.” Max looked into her eyes, and knew who she was talking about and he sighed.

“I couldn’t really tell you much Liz. I’m ashamed of it, but the truth is there have only been one night stands for me, nothing more. Well, there was a girl, the only girl I was actually with longer than a night. Her name was Christina, and she was in Korea too. I would just use her for sex, I felt horrible, but I couldn’t commit to her as much as she wanted. She always wished for us to be together, but I could never do it Liz. Every time I was with her, I only saw your face.” Liz reached up and cupped his cheek.

“It’s ok Max.” She reassured.

“What about you Liz? Jordan?” Liz sighed.

“I’m not going to lie to Max. I do have feelings for him. After I thought that we were over. I wasn’t the same. I was dead, and he helped me come back to life. I know he was an asshole, and I can’t explain that, but he treats me like a queen. He helped me move on from you, but I could never love him Max. I love you Max. My heart belongs to you and only you.” Liz confessed.

“All that matters is that he treats you right, and that you’re happy Liz. That’s all that’s ever mattered to me, your happiness.”

“He does treat me right Max, but nothing makes me happier than being with you.”

“Are you saying that you want to give us a chance again?”

“After everything I’ve learned, I wouldn’t want another second of being without you. I want nothing more than to be with you Max Walker. I promise you this to you.”

Max smiled.

“And I promise you Liz Parker, you’re the girl for me. I’ve never forgot it, and I never will.”

“So what happens now?” Liz asked as she drew circles on Max’s chest with her fingers.

“I’m going to have to talk to my mother.” Max was dreading seeing his mother; he still couldn’t understand what his mother could have been thinking. The frustration and betrayal, it was all too much. She was his mother, she should have been looking out for his heart not destroying it.

“It’s going to be ok Max, like you said. We’re going to go through it all together.”

“Together.” Max said with a smile.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hello all!! Well I'm back early, and I should be posting pretty quickly now, I've just finished with the epilogue so yep. I just want to say how much I truly loved all your feeback and response and even though there is about 6 more chapters I still want to say that you have all been great with this fic!

A big thanks to my lovely beta La'shon who has been amazing throughout this fic as well, you are awesome honey! I couldn't have asked for a better beta, you were honestly an amazing contributer to this the fic!

Also thanks to all those who nominated for me over at Roswellian Chronicles
<center>Image
Best "My Character" - Jordan
Best Need a Box of Kleenex FanFiction</centeR>

Chapter 24

Max turned to look at Liz and he couldn’t help but smile. Despite everything he had just learned, despite all the sting of betrayal and hurt he felt from his mother, Liz still managed to make him smile. It made him realize that the only thing he needed was Liz.

Liz shifted her gaze from the road, as she drove, to Max and found him smiling at her. Liz smiled back. For once her heart felt whole again, and it felt like things were actually going to be ok again.

Despite her choice to be with Max, she felt bad for Jordan. What was she supposed to tell him? After they way he had reacted about Max earlier, how would he react if she told him that she couldn’t be with him anymore because she belonged with Max?

Liz sighed and decided not to worry about it at that exact moment. Right now she needed to concentrate on Max. She knew he was hurting because of his mother. Liz couldn’t understand why in the world Lauren Walker would do this to the two of them. Liz was never anything but nice to her, and she never did anything wrong. From what she knew of Lauren she seemed like she loved her son very much, what could have possessed her to do such a thing?

Well whatever it was, Liz vowed to herself that she would help Max get through it. It made her heart warm just knowing that she would never have to be alone ever again. It made her happy knowing that she would never have to be apart from Max ever again. No matter what faced them, she wasn’t going to let Max go, the only way to make her part from Max again would be by killing her, and even then her soul would still remain with him.

“Liz do you mind if I borrow your phone real quick? Mine lost its batteries.” Max said. Liz nodded her head.

“Sure go ahead, it’s in my purse.” Max smiled his thanks and rummaged through her purse. Just as he went to grab her phone, a small crumbled old photo fell from his hands. He bent down and picked it up from next to his feet, and when he went to look at it his heart stopped as he realized it was a picture of him from his graduation.

Liz turned to look at him and saw the picture in his hand. She smiled, she always carried around that letter, and a picture of him every where she went. He was always in her heart, and everything that they shared, she never wanted to forget it.

“I take it with me everywhere, just like the letter. I never wanted to forget, no matter how much it hurt.” Liz admitted. Max’s heart melted and he reached out and laced his fingers through hers. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it softly.

“God you have no idea how much I love you.” Max said. Liz smiled.

“I think I might have somewhat of an idea.” Max laughed and placed the photograph back in her purse before grabbing her phone. His heart pounded fast as he dialed the numbers he didn’t want to be dialing.

”Hello.” Max closed his eyes to stop the tears from rushing down his face. It stung to hear her voice.

“Mom.” Max stated. Liz looked over at him and saw that he was fighting with himself to stay strong. She squeezed his hand lightly to let him know that she was there. Max looked over at her and she gave him a wink, and quickly all his fears went away.

“Oh Max, baby I was getting worried about you, when you didn’t call. Did you make it there safe?” Max couldn’t understand if his mother even really cares about him? How did she make it seem like she did when all she did was put him through hell.

“Mom, I need you to book a ticket out here.” Max stated ignoring her question.

”Why baby? What’s wrong? What happened?” The panic was evident in her tone and it finally had hit Max, and the reality of what his mother had done had finally surfaced, and it hurt like hell.

“Mom, just book a ticket out here. I’m staying at Isabel’s. Call me when you get here.” He said before hanging up on her without even saying goodbye.

Liz looked over at him and gave him a reassuring smile.

“I’m here Max. I won’t go anywhere, I promise.” She said supportively.

Max smiled.

“I know you are.” And he truly did know that she was going to be there, and that was the best part of it all.

<center>*****</center>

“Where are you going?” Maria asked, as she was walking out of her room to the kitchen, when she saw her brother walking down the hallway.

“Out.” He stated before walking passed her.

“The hells up his ass.” Maria mumbled before walking to her original destination of the kitchen.

Jordan walked out his house and into his car where he was soon speeding off in the direction of the local bar.

Things have been so stressful for him lately. Ever since Liz’s mother had gone and ratted to his mother about Isabel getting married, it was put into the head of the two best friends that their children needed to think about marriage as well. Especially since Liz was approaching graduation, and she was now 18, it was the perfect time for Jordan to propose.

Jordan was now in his first year of his college, and his mother thought it was the perfect time to announce a merger between the Parker family and the Evans family. The two families have been friends for so long, and it was about time that they officially became family.

So two days ago he had gone shopping with his mother and they had picked out the most intricate insanely expensive engagement ring, he was going to propose in a week but now that Max was back he wasn’t sure what was going to happen.

Jordan cursed the ground Max walked on, and he tried his hardest from reaching out and punching the brick wall of the pub he was just about to enter.

Jordan waited a couple minutes before entering the pub to calm down. Things weren’t supposed to turn out like this. He wasn’t supposed to be here, things were going great. Liz and Jordan were together for 2 years, and there was no mention of him, there was not even a sign of him. Everything had worked like it was supposed to, but now he was back and Jordan was nervous, scared, pissed, and frustrated of all that was to come.

He knew that Liz would obey his orders and to stay away from him. He knew she would, she was with him now, they had been together for so long, there was no way she still had feelings for Max. She was going to obey his order and he had nothing to worry about. Liz loved him, Max was done with. He knew his only problem in the situation now was Max, he would be the one trying to talk to his Liz, but he knew Liz, she wouldn’t disobey him, she’ll ignore him. She loved him now, not Max. She loved him.

As much as he repeated it to himself, a sense of insecurity was rising in him, and no matter how many times he repeated it, it wouldn’t ever be true. Liz Parker only ever loved one man her whole life, and that was Max Walker.

<Center>*****</center>

Liz and Max climbed out of Liz’s Range Rover and walked towards the doors of the Crashdown, only it was already locked by that time.

“Guess we didn’t notice how late it was.” Liz said as the two stood in front of the closed doors.

“Yeah, I guess we didn’t.” Max said not really caring about anything but the person standing in front of him. He couldn’t believe after all they had been through after everything, they were still very in much in love. It made his heart feel warm and whole knowing this.

He wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her to him and she giggled as he did so. He smiled and he wrapped the other arm around her waist and held her tight. Liz sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck. She could stay like that forever.

“God I missed you.” Liz admitted as she laid her head against his chest, eyes closed, as she breathed in his scent.

“You have no idea baby.” Max said nuzzling his head in between her neck.

Alex and Isabel watched through the kitchen slot as the couple embraced. They had been downstairs to grab a midnight snack when they saw Max and Liz return. They quickly ran into the back room and ran towards the kitchen to watch the two interact.

“Alex do you see that!” Isabel exclaimed as she clung onto Alex pulling him back and forth just proving her excitement.

“I am only standing right next to you honey.” Alex muttered as he braced himself for her abuse.

“I knew something was off! I mean something had to be off! Look at them! They look so cute and happy! I wonder what happened tonight!!” Isabel said with the widest smile on her face.

Max and Liz deserved each other, they might have gotten lost along their journey, but she was more than ecstatic that they had found their way back towards each other.

“Well looking from their appearance, I’m pretty sure we know what had happened.” Alex said with a smirk on his face. That sly dog his best friend was.

Isabel whacked him on the arm.

“Alex that is such a chauvinistic comment!” She bit out at her fiancé.

“Sorry honey.” Alex grumbled out as he rubbed the part of his arm his fiancé had just bruised.

Not wanting to let go, both Max and Liz stood there for a good five minutes.

As they were embraced Max asked, “So how long do you think the two have been watching us for?”

Liz laughed.

“Probably the entire time.”

“You think we should wait a while, make them anxious?”

“If it means staying in your arms a bit longer, then yes.”

“Good answer.”

As Alex and Isabel watched anxiously from the kitchen, another pair of eyes watched intently with a not so happy look on his face.

As Jordan walked out from the bar he couldn’t believe the sight in front of him. There was his girlfriend locked in an embrace with his half brother.

He knew for sure that he hadn’t drunk that much tonight so he stood frozen as the scene unfolded in front of him.

How could she do this to him? What did that bastard tell her? She had lied to him!

He watched as the two split apart laughing, and as they walked hand in hand into the Crashdown doors, which Isabel had unlocked for them.

Liz was supposed to be dress shopping with Isabel, why was Isabel inside the Café? Jordan seethed with anger, and clenched his fists. It took all his might from storming over there and breaking up the little happy reunion. But he couldn’t, Liz would never forgive him if he had done that. He needed to let Liz come to him with the truth. She loved him, she’ll come back to her senses and realize that they belong together.

She had to.

<Center>*****</center>

“So how did this happen??” Isabel queried. She was basically jumping in place in excitement. She knew Max and Liz were meant to be since back then, and she always thought Liz was a little off when she was with Jordan.

Max clenched his jaw, the truth of the situation ringing through him, and the pain striking through his body. Liz noticed how he tensed up and she wrapped both her arms tighter around Max’s arm and tightly stuck by his side.

“It’s a long story.” Liz stated. She looked at Max and saw the pain he was feeling. Liz knew how much his mother meant to Max. His mother was the only family he had, and she knew he must have been going through hell with all the deceit.

“We have time.” Isabel said. Liz laughed at Isabel’s persistence.

“I’m going to go unpack the rest of my things.” Max said not feeling in the mood for chatting anymore. He had so much in his head and he just needed to get everything settled out.

“Max…” Liz started.

“It’s ok Liz, you stay, talk, I’m just going to be right upstairs. I’m fine.” He reassured her and even gave her a smile and kiss on the forehead before walking towards the backroom.

Liz sighed and was about to go after him when Alex stopped her.

“Let me.” He said. Liz smiled and nodded as she gazed after Max. Alex followed after Max and Isabel and Liz sat down at a booth.

“You hungry?” Isabel asked.

“I’ll just grab a piece of pie.” Liz said getting up going to the counter to get some pie.

As Liz cut a piece of the pie that’s when Isabel started her questioning.

“So…I’m still waiting here. Last I remember was you telling me people just move on, and aren’t meant to be. It took you and Max, what, a whole 6 hours to get back together, and judging by your appearance I’m assuming an hour or two of that didn’t require any talking.”

“ISABEL!” Liz blushed. Isabel laughed.

“What! You know I’m right. Oh I am so right! You don’t waste anytime do you?” Liz walked back to the booth and hit Isabel playfully on the arm.

“Stop being bad. I will not discuss that.”

“Party pooper.” Liz stuck out her tongue at her and they both shared a laugh.

“So, really tell me what happened.”

Liz began her story of how they found out what Max’s mother did, and how the whole time it was all so emotional, and how they were so misguided.

Isabel started to tear by the end of it.

“Oh god, I could have prevented this. I mean I knew Max wasn’t with Tess, I should have said something. I can’t believe I let it get so far. I never really understood why you and Max split up, you guys were always so happy, I should have questioned you more on it. I’m so sorry Liz, this could have been figured out so long ago instead of having you waste two and half years.”

Liz reached out and grabbed Isabel.

“Isabel stop, don’t blame yourself. I never told you anything about Tess, so don’t blame yourself. I could have easily told you what I thought I knew about Max but I didn’t. I was just so broken and never wanted to bring it up because it hurt. I don’t blame you for any of it Isabel, nor does Max.”

“But still Liz, I never said anything when I heard about you and Max splitting away. All I asked was why and you said it just did. I knew there was more to it but I didn’t push it, I should have pushed you to open up to me.”

“Iz, you didn’t push me because you didn’t want me to get more hurt by talking about it. Like I said, it has nothing to do with you. You couldn’t have prevented anymore than Max and I could have. Actually Max and I could have prevented it, but you would have never had a say in it, so please don’t feel bad.”

Isabel sighed.

“God, poor Max. He must be going through hell, I mean, his mother. I would have never thought.”

“I know. I always thought she liked me. I guess I was wrong. I can’t understand why she would do that to us. What did I do that was so wrong?”

“I have no idea Liz. I hope Max gets through this, he never had his father, and judging by the look of things, he’s going to be losing his mother soon too.”

Liz sighed.

“I just hope there is a good explanation behind this, for Max’s sake.”

Isabel agreed.

<center>*****</center>

Max sighed as he sat down on his bed and ran his hands through his hair. He just got back the one thing he had been wanting for the last two and a half years, but the sting in his heart was still present, and it was because of the one woman who was supposed to never let him down; his mother.

He didn’t want to see her tomorrow, but he needed to know why, how she could do this to him? How could she tear him into two, how could she sit there and watch him fall apart knowing that she caused all of it? Did his mother ever even love him? Was he just a constant reminder of a mistake she made with a married man? He couldn’t understand.

Alex knocked on the door. Max looked up expecting to see Liz, but then saw Alex.

“Hey man.” Alex said coming in.

“Hey.” Max said.

“So, you and Liz eh? By the look of things, things seem to be going great.”

“Yeah, Liz is amazing. I can’t believe that the last couple of years, god Alex, I don’t even know where to begin.”

“Max, I’ve known you for about 15 years now, if there’s anything about you that’s at all complicated, trust me I can figure it out.”

Max sighed and started gushing his story to Alex. He tried his hardest from keeping the tears from falling, but he couldn’t help it. How could his mother betray him like this? How could she even come up with such a scheme?

“Max, I can’t tell you that I know what you’re going through, because I don’t. Your mother, the most I can tell you is talk to her. But if I know anything Max, I know that no matter what happens you will always have a family.

Look at Liz, she loves you so much, she thought that you moved on with another girl and forgot about her, but through it all, through all the heart ache she felt, she still never let go. She waited for you and god Max that kind of love is the type most people search for their whole lives but only a few people manage to achieve.

You are so lucky to have found her, and sometimes life isn’t easy. We know that the best after the last couple of years and the shit we went through. You had to face some obstacles but in the end what was meant to be found its way and be grateful for that. You already wasted two years of your life with all this pain and heartache, just let it all go and finally live your life with the woman of your dreams. You have a second chance Max. Don’t stay bottled up with pain and remorse, just live your life.”

Max smiled and at that moment was grateful for having such a friend like Alex.

“You’re missing a little part in that speech of yours.” Max stated.

“What?”

“You forgot to add that my family consists of you as well.” Alex smiled.

“You know I’ll always be here Max, I couldn’t have dreamed of a better brother.”

Just as they were about to share a hug Isabel and Liz came bursting in.

“So this is what you did when we’re away? Go all Brokeback mountain on us?” Isabel asked crossing her arms across her chest before she and Liz burst out laughing.

Alex and Max seemed less amused.

“Hahaha. If I was to go all Brokeback Mountain, it would not be with Max and his dumbo ears.” Alex stated firmly before pulling Isabel into his arms.

“HEY!”

“Aww, leave my baby alone. I love his dumbo ears.” Liz said walking to Max wrapping her arms around his waist, and going on her tiptoes to kiss his ears.

Max smiled and wrapped his arms around Liz bringing her tighter to him, and sticking his tongue out at Alex.

“Oh god, I forgot how nauseating these two could be.” Alex said rolling his eyes at the vast amount of affection between the two.

“Well get used to it again, because it aint going no where.” Max stated firmly, and Liz couldn’t help but smile.

No, it would never be going away ever again, she was sure of it.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Lol spray! Just because you asked so cutely...

Thanks for the feedback you guys! I absolutley love your responses, and I'm so sad this one's going to be over soon. But that's still a while a way...kinda.

Big thanks to La'shon my wonderful beta, your everything a beta could be and so much more *Muah*

Also thanks to

LairaBehr4- Jordans not that crazy...yet :twisted:
sprayadhesive- read up ahead :wink:
clueless- Thanks! :D
maya- can't promise anything :D
Shadowlynxbehr- just feedbacked RTN lol and yes only six well now 5 more parts to go :cry:
orphyfets- You'll see soon :twisted:
FSU/MSW-94- yes yes La'Shon you are the only lucky one to know the rest of the story before hand, loved chatting with you too and hope to catch you tommorow, I have a hair appointment tonight so can't make it *lol*
roswell3053- Lets hope he doesn't :wink:
Lulù- Thanks! And you'll find out about Jordan soon :wink:
Earth2Mama- you should always listen to your feelings :wink:
Emz80m- it'll come up soon! Thanks for the feedback! :D
Icequeen- You'll find about Lauren in this chapter! Thanks for the feedback! :D

Chapter 25

Max, Liz, Isabel, and Alex stayed awake the whole night talking about old times, and making up for lost time. They had finally caught some sleep around 5 am.

Isabel and Alex had returned to bed, and Max and Liz had fell asleep on the couch, and that’s exactly how the two were once Max’s cell phone started ringing.

Max and Liz both shifted awake, Liz grumbling as she did.

“Sorry.” Max whispered. Liz smiled. She could get used to waking up to him.

“It’s ok.” She said stretching her arms over her head as Max answered his phone.

“Hello.”

“Max, it’s me. I’m in Roswell.” Max’s heart sped up, he wasn’t ready for this. He could tell by the sound of his mother’s voice that she wasn’t either. She was probably more nervous than him.

“Are you at the airport?”

“No, I just checked in the Inn. I’m in room 310”

“I’ll be there soon.” He once again hung up without bidding her goodbye, which only made Lauren more nervous.

“Your mom?” Liz asked as she noticed how tense he got. He nodded his head before getting up from the couch.

“She’s at the Inn.” Liz nodded her head.

“Do you want me to come with you?” She asked.

“I think this is something I have to do by myself. Would you mind driving me though?” He asked.

“Of course.” Liz said getting up as well. As Max freshened up in the bathroom Liz walked towards Isabel’s room and saw that she and Alex were still asleep, so she wrote a note and left it on the kitchen table.

When Max came out of the bathroom, Liz went in and as Max waited thoughts crowded his mind.

He wasn’t ready for the truth, but he knew he needed to know. What Alex had told him last night it was ringing through him clearly, but he wasn’t sure what to do. If it was true, and his mother had deceived him, he wasn’t sure if he could forgive her. He didn’t even want to consider him his mother, if it was all true. It would hurt too much, his mother was always supposed to be there for him, the one person who he never expected to let him down, and she was the one person who took something big away from him.

He couldn’t think about it any more, it hurt too much, and he just needed to get through this and the sooner he did, the sooner it would all be over.

“You ready?” Liz asked coming out of the bathroom. Max nodded his head and the two headed over to the Roswell Inn.

Once they arrived Liz parked in the parking lot. Max was nervous to get out of the car, he didn’t want to get out because he knew if he did then his relationship with his mother would never be the same again.

“You want me to wait for you?” Liz asked.

“Would you mind?” Liz shook her head.

“I would wait for you forever Max.” Max smiled, some of his fears drifting away.

Max opened the door of her car and walked out. He walked in the direction of Lauren’s room, and took in a deep breath before knocking.

She opened the door right away. Max couldn’t look in her eyes anymore. He looked everywhere but her eyes, and that didn’t go unnoticed by Lauren, whose thoughts were racing around her head a million miles per hour.

She moved aside to let him in and he slowly walked and as she closed the door Max prepared himself for what was about to come.

She turned around to face him.

“Max honey what happened? You made me fly all this way without even explaining, you were so vague, what’s wrong? What happened?”

“Tell me the truth mother.” Lauren looked at him as her heart raced and her eyes widened.

“Max…I don’t know what…you’re talking about.” She stumbled through her words. She wasn’t prepared for this. This was never supposed to happen, it wasn’t a part of the deal. She was supposed to forget about him, like Phillip had with her. Max was never supposed to find out what she had done.

“Don’t play games with me mother!” Lauren jumped at his tone. Her son had never taken that tone with her, no matter how mad he was.

“Max…” Lauren didn’t know where to start. She didn’t know what to say, she was shaking badly, and the tears were welling up in her eyes. Max finally turned around and looked her in the eyes, and that’s when Lauren noticed the sadness, the hurt, the betrayal, and she knew that he had found out.

“How could you do this to me?” He cried. Lauren burst out crying.

“Max please just hear me out.” She cried.

“No, you listen to me. How could you do this? Do you even care about me? Do you even love me? Am I just a reminder of the mistake you made with a married man and tried to get your revenge on him by hurting me!?”

“Max STOP! That’s not it. Don’t ever think like that! Baby I love you so much, I love you so much… you’re my everything.” She said through her sobs.

“What am I supposed to think then mom? You watched me for months and months, how broken I was, you knew I loved her! You knew she was my everything! Why would you take that away from me! Where did you even think of coming up with this sick plan of yours?!”

“It wasn’t supposed to be like this Max! I was just doing what was best for you! I was just trying to get you the best life possible! I didn’t want you to go through what I went through.”

“And how’s that? How are you doing what’s best for me by lying to me, by betraying me, and by taking the thing I loved most in the world in the world away from me? Explain to me HOW THAT IS BEST FOR ME!” Max screamed. He didn’t know what to think, he was going through so much at this moment, and the pain of the reality of it was hitting him like a ton of bricks, and he wasn’t sure if he could handle it all.

“You weren’t there! They’re all the same Max! They’re all the same! I fell in love with Phillip, I fell so hard, and he didn’t care about any of it. I was just trash from the other side of the town living in the trailer parks! He left me, and she would have too. Can’t you see, we’re nothing to them, all they care about is their reputation, and their money. I was trying to save you from the heartache! I didn’t want you to go through the same thing I did! I figured if you thought she left you early on you wouldn’t be so heartbroken later on!”

“Mother do you honestly hear yourself? I’m a big boy and I don’t need you to fight my battles for me! You don’t even know Liz so who the hell are you to judge her! She’s nothing like that fucking man, and don’t you ever dare compare her to him! For your information mother, she never forgot about me, and she never moved on, she still loves me mom, she’s willing to give everything up for me, she went through so much pain and heartache over what you did but she still loved me. Even when she thought I left her, she still loved me. You don’t even care about my feelings, you watched me die without her and you never said anything. How could you call yourself my mother! You’re supposed to be the one person who’s always there for me! Not the person tearing me apart!”

“You’re wrong Max, I know she will leave you one day, if she’s anything like her mother, she will!”

Max looked at her.

“What do you mean if she’s anything like her mother?” He asked.

“It was her idea Max! She came to me one day out of the blue, she found your letters, the ones you wrote to Liz. She was furious, she came to me with this plan, she’s so cold, she has no heart Max. She opened my eyes Max, Liz would have just left you just like Phillip left me, so together we did what was best for our children.”

Max couldn’t believe this new information. Liz’s mother was involved in this too?

“She has her mother’s blood Max, she’ll just leave you and I just wanted to prevent you from the heartache.”

Max glared at her hard.

“You listen to me, and listen closely. You and I share the same blood and never in a million years would I stoop down to the level you have stooped down to. Growing up I always wanted to be like my mother, but now I want nothing to do with you. You presume to know Liz, but you know absolutely nothing about me or her.

You say Nancy Parker is cold and cruel, look in the mirror mother because whatever she drank you have taken a lot of doses of it as well. From this moment you are no longer a part of my life. You will no longer have a say in what I do or feel, you are dead to me.”

“NO Max! Please…I’m sorry…I’m sorry!” She cried as she clung onto his shirt preventing him from leaving. Max held back his own tears. He didn’t want this to be the end, but this woman had no right to be called his mother.

He detached her from him and she sunk to the ground sobbing. Max walked out the door, forgetting every memory he held with his mother in it.

<Center>*****</center>

“Hello?” Maria said answering her phone in groggily tone. It was pretty early in the morning, and she wasn’t really up for talking.

“Maria, it’s Liz.” Maria immediately became awake and sat up.

“Oh my god, I have been trying to call you! What happened last night!?” Maria asked. She was anxious to know what had gone down with Max and Liz.

“Maria, so much has happened, I can’t even begin to explain. I can’t even believe that it’s even true, but it is, and in a way I hate that it happened to us, but I’m also so happy because it wasn’t enough to keep us apart.”

“Ok, enough with the riddles. What the hell are you talking about?!”

“Short version, Max never moved on with Tess. It was all a lie.”

“What? What are you talking about? How could it be a lie?” Maria asked confused.

“Max never wrote that letter to me. His mother did, they have identical handwriting and she lied to me about it. She made it so that we could never find out about each other. When Max called her asking about me when I hadn’t written to him she lied and said she saw me kissing Jordan, and she told her mother we were together. Maria that was a whole 6 months before me and Jordan officially started dating. She lied to him telling him I moved on, and lied to me telling me he moved on.”

“What! That’s crazy! Why would she do such a thing! And why didn’t Max ever ask anyone like me? Or Isabel? Why didn’t he ever try calling you?”

“Remember that same week my phone broke and I got a new number? He didn’t have any way of getting in contact with me. He said he called you and I guess it was Michael who picked up and he thought it was Jordan, he heard me in the background laughing and he assumed that we were together and that it was all true. After that he never asked anyone about it because it hurt too much.”

“So this thing was a whole misunderstanding?”

“Unfortunately yes.”

“God, that’s unbelievable, I mean I can’t even believe that. How did she even manage to pull that off? Why would she even want to do that? I mean nothing seems to tie up together. But poor Max he must be going through hell.”

“He is. I’m trying my best to help him through it, but his mother meant so much to him. I don’t even know what I did that could make her want to do this. I was always so nice to her.”

“I know you were. But wait, does this mean that you two are back together?” Liz sighed, she knew Maria was going to be mad.

“Maria, before you react just hear me out. I love Max, I never stopped, and you know this more than anyone else. Max captured my entire heart and soul and I could have never given that to anyone else. Jordan made me happy he did, and I do have feelings for him, but I was never in love with him, I could never be in love with him because I love Max and only Max. I know that Jordan is your brother and I know that you don’t want to see him hurt, and I’m sorry Maria, but these last two years have been wasted over this whole lie, and I just want my life back Maria.

Max still loves me, and the minute he came back to Roswell and opened the doors through the Crashdown my heart stopped, only he has that effect on me. I didn’t care what he did, I still loved him, and I want nothing more in this world than Max. I’ve been given a second chance Maria, and everything is screaming at me to take it.”

Maria sighed.

“Liz you know I support your decision, you know what’s best for you, and I know too, and I know that Max is best for you. I’ve seen you with him and I know what a difference there is between you and Jordan and you and Max. I just hope you know what you are getting into.”

“That’s the thing Maria, I don’t care what I’m getting into as long as it means that I get to be with Max nothing else seems to matter.”

“Well then there’s your answer Liz. Do what you have to do, and I’ll always be behind you no matter what.” Liz smiled; she knew she could always count on Maria.

“Thanks Maria.”

“Always Liz, always.”

Liz looked out and saw Max walking towards the car.

“Maria I have to go. Max is coming back. I’ll call you later?”

“Sure, tell him I said hi ok, oh and tell him he better get his ass to see his sister who he hasn’t seen in over two years or he’s going to deal with the wrath of Maria.” Liz smiled.

“Ok, bye.”

“Bye.” Liz closed the flip on her phone and tossed it in her bag just as Max opened the door to the car and sat in the passenger seat.

She looked at him and she watched him as he broke down.

“Oh Max.” She leaned over and grabbed him into her arms and pulled her to her chest and soothed his hair as he sobbed into her chest.

“I’m sorry baby.” She whispered. Her throat was drying up and she could feel tears well up in her eyes as well. Seeing Max as distraught as he was, it killed her.

Once Max got it out of his system he straightened himself out. Liz reached over and cupped his cheek and wiped his tears away before giving him a sweet kiss on the lips.

“Listen to me, everything’s going to be ok. I promise.” She whispered.

“It just hurts so much Liz. She’s my mother.”

“I know baby, I know.”

“Liz there’s something else.” Liz looked at him.

“What?”

“Your mother was involved in it too.”
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys thanks for the amazing feedback! I'll most likely be updating this everyday but I might forget because I'm swamped with dealing with classes and my family!

Things are going a bit hectic so sorry if I miss a few days!

Big thanks to La'shon! La'shon...you already know your the best :wink:

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Chapter 26

“Your mother was involved in it too.” Liz stared up at him, but in a way she wasn’t shocked, not as shocked as Max was when he found out about his mother.

“Are you sure?” She asked.

“That’s what my mom said. I’m sorry Liz.” Liz sighed and closed her eyes.

“Guess I do kind of know what you’re going through. Just not to the degree you feel it.”

“Liz, there’s no excuse for what either one of our mothers did.”

“No there isn’t, but no one else can call Nancy Parker their mother.”

“Liz…”

“No Max, it’s ok. I’m going to talk to her. I’m 18 now, she has no say in what I do.”

“I’m here, you know.” He said grabbing her hand.

“I know you are, and if you still want to talk about what happened back there with your mother I’m open ears Max.”

“There’s not much to talk about Liz. My mother betrayed me, she lied to me constantly, she saw the pain I went through without you and she just sat back and watched it happen. I don’t want to associate with someone like that, in my eyes she’s no better than my father. I love her, but Liz she hurt me too much and I just never want to see her again.”

“I understand Max, and I’m here ok, I know I’ve said it like a million times but I’m here whenever you need me.”

“You know what amazes me about you? That after all the trauma you go through, you still manage to love me. You just found out that your mother was involved but here you are dealing with me and my problems.”

“It’s no different than what you’re doing Max. You’re just as amazing.”

“Guess we’re two of a kind huh?”

“Yep, we’re two of a kind that’s destined to be together.”

“I couldn’t be happier that we are. You are heaven sent Liz Parker.”

“And you’re my angel Max Walker.” He leaned in gave her a sweet and passionate kiss. They pulled back panting and more in love.

“I’ll never get tired of your kisses.” Liz said with her eyes closed.

“Ditto.”

“So I guess it’s my time to go to my mom, huh?”

“We can do it later if you’re not feeling up to it.”

“No I want to get this over with now.” Max nodded his head and Liz gave him one more kiss before starting her car and heading off in the direction of her house.

“I think I should do this alone. You can take my car back to the Crashdown if you want, I’ll call you or something to pick me back up later.” Liz suggested.

“Are you sure?” Max asked. Liz nodded her head.

“Yeah.” He nodded and they both got out of the car. Before Liz walked into her house they shared a kiss. When they pulled apart he leaned his forehead against hers and stroked her hair.

“No matter what happens, I love you.” Liz smiled and leaned in to give him a kiss.

“I love you too.” He smiled and gave her one last kiss before walking over the driver side of the car and driving off. Liz watched after him and when she was sure he was gone she walked into her house.

She found her mother arguing with the maid about something in the den.

“Mother.” Liz stated. Nancy turned her around when she heard her daughter’s voice.

“Elizabeth, good you’re back home, we have guests coming over, get ready. By the way where have you been? I don’t recall you coming home last night. Were you with Jordan?”

“Mother I need to speak with you privately.” Nancy looked up at her daughter and heard her demanding tone. She wondered what was going on.

“Ok. Martha leave us, and close the door behind you” Nancy told the maid and she quickly scrambled out of the room.

“What is it now?”

“Oh not much, just the deal you made with Lauren Walker, about what two and a half years ago?” Nancy widened her eyes.

“How do you know about that?” She asked.

“No, I’m the one who’s going to be asking the questions here. Is it true did you come up with this appalling plan with her?”

“Oh stop being so dramatic Elizabeth. I did you a favor, you gallivant around like you’re some free spirit doing what ever the hell you want. When I found out you were with that boy I had to put an end to it. He’s not suitable, you’re a Parker, there’s nothing that boy can give you. Plus you’re with Jordan now, so don’t act like a drama queen, and don’t give me an attitude. Now go upstairs and go get ready.”

“No! I’m eighteen now mother, in case you have forgotten. I can do whatever the hell I want and don’t have to give a damn on what you have to say. So you listen to me mother, I don’t know what is in that stone heart of yours but you’ve never once treated me like your daughter. You call yourself my mother but a mother would never do such a spiteful vindictive thing to her own daughter, her own flesh and blood. I love Max with everything I have and I don’t give a shit what you have to say because frankly you mean nothing to me. This is the end of the road for us, I am going to pack and leave this hell that you created.” She said walking away. Nancy harshly grabbed her arm.

“Now you listen to me you ungrateful little bitch! I worked hard to get you where you are today, and don’t you dare turn your back from me. That trash Lauren Walker was practically begging me to do what I wanted, especially when I put 50,000 dollars on the line. You should have seen how quick she was to take that money, how are you so sure your precious Max won’t squeeze every damn penny from your trust fund?”

“Because not everyone is a heartless bitch like you mother. Now let go of me. You can stop trying to live your life through me because I would never even dream of becoming like you.” She said snapping her arm away from Nancy’s grip and walking away.

“Don’t make the biggest mistake Elizabeth! Do you hear me! I’ll stop you!”

“Go to hell mother.” Liz said before walking out of the den.

<center>*****</center>

“Maria I need to talk to you.” Jordan said walking into his baby sister’s room.

Maria turned her gaze from her computer towards her brother.

“What?” She asked.

“Where was Liz last night?” He grilled. Maria looked at him skeptically, hadn’t they gone through this yesterday?

“I thought you already knew since you asked me last night. She went dress shopping with Isabel.”

“Really, yesterday was Sunday Maria, all stores are either closed or closed by 6, Liz told me she was leaving her house at 7.” Maria gulped this wasn’t good.

“Well I don’t know what to tell you Jordan, she told me that she went shopping with Isabel.” Maria said turning her gaze away from him so he couldn’t catch on to her lying.

“Ok then, maybe you can answer why she hasn’t been picking up any of my phone calls since last night.”

“I don’t know Jordan she probably got home and went straight to bed and probably hasn’t woken up yet.”

“Now that’s where you’re lying because when I checked the caller id this morning, you got a phone call to the number in your room, from Liz.” Maria gulped.

“Jordan what’s your problem, just let it be, Liz wasn’t in that great of a mood, so she’s probably not up to anything.”

“But she’s up to shopping and talking to you at 9 in the morning, but she can’t even pick up her own boyfriend’s phone calls. The one she has been with for two years! Right she’s not up to anything, but she’s up to having you lie to me right?!” Maria jumped at his tone.

“What the hell is your problem Jordan?! I didn't do shit to you so stop acting like a fucking dick to me. If you wanna find out about Liz ask her your fucking self, other wise fuck off and stop coming at me with your bullshit.” Maria stated firmly and harshly.

Jordan glared at her before walking out her room. Maria blew out a sigh of relief but her heart was pounding and it wasn't because of what had just happened it was because she was scared for her best friend. She had only seen Jordan that mad once before and that was when she brought up Max, she was scared to know how Jordan would react once Liz told him that she couldn't be with him because of Max.

<center>*****</center>

“Hello?” Max asked as he picked up his phone.

“Hey it's me. Can you come get me?” Liz asked.

“I'll be right there. Is everything ok?”

“Can you just get here?”

“Ok.” He said before they hung up.

Liz sighed and couldn't believe how things were turning out for her. On one hand she was ecstatic because she and Max were just so perfect and in love, but on the other hand the sting of betrayal she felt from her mother was running through her.

Her entire life she never got along with her mother, growing up she had dreamed of having that mother daughter bond that she would see on TV, but that never happened. Nancy Parker was too cold and distant. She only cared about her money and reputation and never gave a damn about her own daughter other than the fact that Liz was seen as an outstanding girl in society.

Still, Liz made excuses for her mother, she was after all her own flesh and blood, and she had to love her. She knew her mother could be cruel, but she never imagined that her mother was so cruel that she could do such a horrid thing to her. She couldn't believe that both Max and Liz's mother came up with such a scheme to break their children up. How could mothers stoop so low?

As she thought of it tears rushed to her eyes, she had been through so much these passed years and now she finally had the one thing she wanted but all this excess drama was preventing their happiness and she was beginning to wonder when she could love the man of dreams to the fullest extent without anyone getting in the way.

Liz took a quick shower as she waited for Max. When he had showed up she couldn’t be more relieved that he had. She had known the difficulty it was missing him for all those years, but now that he was back she never wanted to miss him ever again, even for more than 20 minutes.

Liz hopped in the car and Max immediately noticed her distraught appearance.

“It was true?” He asked. Liz nodded her head.

“I’m sorry Liz…” But Liz shushed him.

“Don’t apologize Max, this is in no way your fault. Neither one of us could have prevented who our parents are. But Max I just want to say this, the truth is out in the open but right now none of that matters to me, we’ve been hurt and we’ve been burned, but we’ve been given a second chance, and I just want to spend my time loving you Max. I just want to be back in your arms forever and I want it just to be about us, I don’t want to deal with anymore pain, I don’t want to put up with all this bullshit. I just want to love you Max, because you’re the only person who could make me 100 percent happy.”

Max smiled and reached over to cup her cheek. Then Alex’s word rang through his and Alex was right, the love that he and Liz shared was too unique to be put aside, they needed to leave all the drama and just pursue their love, and make it like nothing else matters.

“I couldn’t agree more Liz. I want to start this whole new chapter with you, just like we were supposed to before. It’s fate Liz, we were going to be with each other when you turned 18 and we are. There’s nothing else I want to do but love you Liz, nothing more, and I want to forget all the stuff in the past because right now, this moment, we’re living in the present, and presently I want to kiss you, hold you, touch you, and just love the hell out of you. Despite all the pain I feel right now from what our mothers did to us, just being in your presence washes it all away because you make my heart feel so damn good.”

Liz cried happy tears and let out a teary laugh.

“I love you so much Max.” She said before leaning in to give him the most passionate kiss she could give him. She kissed him with her eyes shut so tightly and she kissed him until she couldn’t breathe anymore.

“You’re the perfect girl.” Max whispered as their foreheads were touching and they were looking into each other’s eyes.

“Max…I know this isn’t the right time to say this, and I know we just said that we don’t want to deal with this drama, and I don’t want to, I really don’t, but I feel that I need to tell you this, and I’m sorry if I’m springing this on you, but I just feel you should know.” Liz rambled.

“What is it?” He asked. Liz closed her eyes before she answered, she didn’t want to hurt him anymore.

“Max my mother said that she paid your mom 50,000 dollars. I’m sorry I’m not sure if you already knew, and I’m sorry if this is the wrong time, but I just wanted you to know the whole truth before we really do move on to our new chapters.” Max’s heart fell when Liz had confessed to him what his mother did.

He pulled back from her a little and stared straight ahead of him. He didn’t know what to say, he didn’t know how to feel. Was that what he was really worth to his mother? Did she do this for the money? How could his mother lecture him about Liz being all about the money when his mother threw his heart out the window for 50,000 dollars?

“Max look at me.” Liz demanded. Max couldn’t bring himself to look into her eyes, he was too ashamed.

“Max.” Liz said as she cupped his face and turned it so that he was looking at her.

“You are worth so much more than what that bitch had taken from my mother. You are priceless Max do you hear me? You are priceless. Your love is so genuine and so unique, and I would never trade it for anything. Do you hear me? I would never trade you for anything. That bitch has no idea what she had, she has no idea Max, don’t you dare for a second think that you are worth so little because you are not even close to it. I’m so sorry that this has happened.” Max looked over at her and he could see that tears welling up in her eyes, and he knew that things were going to be ok, and he knew she was being genuine.

God how he loved her, how did he manage to win her heart? There she was sitting there telling him that he was priceless, and she was hurting because of her mother but she was also hurting because he was hurting and he never imagined someone could ever feel that way about him. After everything his mother had done, Liz made everything just fade and she replaced it with sheer bliss. She was truly amazing and he was proud to love her.

“I love you so much Liz. So fucking much.” He said pulling her to him to give her a kiss. When they split apart they both had tears in their eyes. No matter what they were going through and no matter how much pain they felt, it was all at a minimum because their love for each other surpassed everything else.

<center>*****</center>

Just as Liz and Max had arrived at the Crashdown Liz’s phone had rang. She looked at the caller Id and sighed.

Max looked over at her and noticed her frown.

“Who is it?”

“Jordan.” She said. Max tightened his grip on the wheels as he heard that name, but he calmed down a bit.

“I really need to talk to him Max. None of this is fair to him either.” Liz said.

As much as Max hated to agree he did.

“I understand.”

“Go on inside, and take a shower, I’ll call you when I’m done.” Liz said.

“I already showered Liz. Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?”

“I’m pretty sure that is not a good idea. Just trust me Max, I need to do this.” Liz said. Max nodded his head and leaned in to kiss her.

“You know I trust you. I’ll see you in a bit.” He said before they both got out of the car; Max to go inside the café, and Liz to get in the driver side of her car.

She sighed as she started the engine. She was not looking forward to her conversation with Jordan.

<center>*****</center>

When Max entered the Crashdown his phone started to ring. He quickly grabbed it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID, and didn’t recognize the number.

“Hello?” He answered.

“You’ve been back what two days now and I get no surprise visits, and over the past two years I’ve only received what 5 letters? I’ve been starting to think that my big brother hates me.”

Max smiled as Maria’s voice sounded through his cell phone. He felt bad because everything she had said was true, except for the part of him hating her. He loved his baby sister more than anything, but her being best friends with Liz put a damper on their relationship, especially when he thought that Liz just left him for another guy.

“Now how could I ever hate my beautiful, intelligent, funny baby sister?” Max teased.

“I don’t know, but a few more compliments might help you gain some brownie points, and make me change my opinion.”

Max laughed.

“Lets see, my wonderful, loving, sarcastic…”

“I don’t consider that a compliment.”

They both laughed.

“How have you been sis?” Max asked.

“Pretty damn good, besides the fact that I’ve been neglected by my brother.”

“I’m sorry Maria, you know I wanted to write more, and I wanted to keep in touch more but with the situation with Liz it was just hard.”

“I know, I know, you’re forgiven, but, not off the hook. Now that you and this best friend of mine you mentioned are back together, there is no need for you to avoid me, so get your patootie down to my house so I could give my big brother, whom I haven’t seen in ages, a big ass hug.”

Max smiled.

“Maria I can’t just come to your house. I’m not sure how your family would like it.”

“Yeah, but seeing that my parents are out of town for the week, and Jordan is god knows where, I think it’s safe to say that you can come over here. Plus I just did my toes, I was very bored, and I don’t want mess them up by driving to come see you, so the next best case would be you come see me. It will give you major brownie points, plus maybe an actual brownie. I baked some, see I really was bored. Your boyfriend being out of town kind of does that to you.” Maria rambled.

Max laughed, he missed all this, the old times were slowly starting to come back.

“Alright fine, but when I get there I have to hear all about this boyfriend of yours. I don’t know if I’m too keen on the fact that my baby sister has a boyfriend.”

“I will discuss no such topic with you, I am a grown woman. See you in a few bro.”

Max laughed as they hung up. He quickly walked upstairs and asked Isabel if he could borrow her car. She gladly handed over her keys and Max was on his way over to see Maria.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

LairaBehr4 wrote::( What happened to "an update every day"?
lol *Sorry* I have an exam tomorrow and forgot because I was studying... :lol: but to make it up I'll post a part now and a post a part later on today!

Just wanna thank everyone so much for the great feedback I am so thankful for everyone who has left feedback and I love reading each individual response! You guys are awesome!

La'shon :wink: you already know what I'm going to say, I've said it over and over again through out the whole fic and I still stick to it and still mean it! You are the best :wink:

Chapter 27

Jordan was pacing in his room, this was the fifth time that Liz had rejected his phone call and he was starting to get frantic. He was anxious to know what was going on, after his conversation with Maria this morning he could tell that she was hiding something.

What was wrong with Liz? Why wasn’t she answering his calls? What the fuck was she doing with Max last night?

All these thoughts and none of them were being answered, if only Liz had just picked up her damn phone he wouldn’t have been going so damn crazy!

A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts and he told them to come in. When he turned to see who it was he was surprised and relieved at the same time to see Liz walk through the door.

“Hey.” She whispered as she closed the door slightly behind her, but not all the way.

“Liz! I’ve been calling you, what happened?” He asked frantically.

“Can we talk?” Liz said walking over to him and she gestured for him to sit.

“No I want to stand, answer my question Liz.”

“Jordan… I don’t know how to say this…”

“Say what Liz?”

“Jordan, these past two years have been amazing. There was a point in my life that I thought that I couldn’t be happy again, but you proved me wrong. You were the perfect boyfriend in so many ways…”

Jordan knew where this was going and he was relieved. He was right, Liz had come to her senses, she loved him and she wanted to be with him forever.

“I really cherish every moment we’ve had with each other, I honestly do. But Jordan, I can never love you, I never was in love with you. I’ve had feelings for you, strong ones, but it was never love.”

Jordan snapped his head at her in surprise.

“WHAT!?”

“Jordan I’m sorry, I truly am but I don’t think this between us is going to work.” Liz said. Her heart was beating fast and she didn’t know why but she had a feeling that things were about to go really badly.

“Liz you don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re mistaken, you love me I know it.”

“Jordan I’m sorry, please don’t make this any harder than it is.”

“Is it because of him!? What did that bastard tell you?! None of its true Liz! None of it’s fucking true! He can never love you like I can! He will never be able to give you all the things I can!”

Liz looked at him in surprise.

“Jordan who are you talking about?”

“Don’t fucking act dumb with me Liz! Max! I’m talking about Max!” Liz’s eyes widened.

“How do you know about that Jordan? I never told you anything about that.”

“It doesn’t matter how I know Liz. He’s not the right one for you Liz! He’s not the right one. I didn’t work so hard to have this end up no where! I didn’t do everything I did to have you run back into his arms! He’s trash Liz! You love me damn it! You love me!” He screamed walking slowly towards her. Liz started getting scared and slowly starting backing away.

“Jordan what are you talking about, what did you do Jordan?”

“Everyone knows we’re meant to be together Liz. Your mother knew it, that’s why she helped me with this plan of ours. You ran straight to my arms don’t you know we’re supposed to be together Liz?” Liz looked up at him with tears in her eyes and fear running through her.

“You helped my mother. You…you helped break me and Max apart?”

“It was for the best Liz. I did it for us! Don’t you see we’re meant to be? Max doesn’t matter anymore, everything he said is all a lie. He doesn’t love you Liz! I love you. We’re together now Liz, you chose me!”

“Jordan you’re wrong, I’m sorry, I love Max, I never stopped. What you did was wrong, how could you do that to me Jordan? Max was my everything, why would you try and take him away from me.” That set Jordan off. He grabbed her arms and Liz gasped in fright.

“Jordan let go of me.” Liz said trying to get out of his tight grip.

“You don’t love him you love me! That bastard has nothing, he’s a worthless piece of crap. I don’t care if you love him! I don’t fucking care because you’re going to marry me and we’re going to be together just like it was all planned!”

“Jordan you’re hurting me!” Liz cried.

“You think what you’re feeling is pain? What about me, every time I tried to tell you I love you, you never said a word, do you know how it felt to know that you had him in the back of your head every time we were together?!”

“Jordan I’m sorry! I can’t help the way I feel! I loved him before you and I were ever together!” Liz cried as she struggled to get out of his grip.

“Is he the reason why you won’t put out? Is that why you never went to the next step with me!? You wanted to save yourself for him? I wonder how he will feel once he knows that you no longer belong to him, and he is no longer the only man who has been with you.” Jordan said pushing her against the bed and pinning her down underneath him.

Liz cried as she shook with fear.

“Jordan please stop! Don’t do this! Please! You don’t know what you’re thinking please Jordan!” She pleaded but Jordan didn’t listen. He held her arms over her head as he tried to unbutton her jeans.

“Jordan please stop!” She cried, the tears violently flowing down her cheek. When Jordan didn’t stop Liz screamed for help hoping that someone would hear her.

“My room is sound proof Lizzie, no one can hear you.” Jordan taunted as Liz continued to cry.

<center>*****</center>

“Hey I’m outside.” Max said once Maria answered the phone.

“Great I’ll open the gate and come downstairs to open the door.

2 minutes later Maria was downstairs and when she saw Max she jumped into his arms and he held her tightly and swung her around.

“God I missed you.” Max said.

“Ditto bro.” Maria said smiling.

“HELLLP!!” Max and Maria both snapped their heads in the direction of the piercing scream.

“Is that Liz?” Maria asked. An alarm rang in Max and he quickly ran in the direction of the scream. Maria followed after him.

Max ran to the room where he was hearing the cries and he pushed open the door that was already slightly opened. The sight in front of him enraged him, seeing that Jordan was on top of a crying Liz who was pleading with him to stop.

Max ran into the room and grabbed Jordan by the back of his shirt and threw him against the wall.

“You bastard!” He screamed. As he picked Jordan backed up and slammed him against the computer desk.

Maria ran in the room and couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Oh my god Liz! What happened?” She asked as she quickly rushed to her side. Liz was crying so hard.

“Max stop! Don’t!” She cried. Maria turned to where her two brothers were and Max was currently on top of Jordan punching him, and she was positive that Jordan was already unconscious.

“Oh my god Max!” Maria screamed. Liz quickly rushed over to Max and tried to stop him.

“Max stop you’re going to kill him!” She said but Max couldn’t hear her, all he could hear was Liz’s cries when she was begging Jordan to stop.

“Max stop! Please!” Liz cried as she tried to pull him off. Maria couldn’t believe the scene in front of her and she quickly rushed to Max and tried to help Liz pull Max away. Together they successfully pulled him away from Jordan.

Maria quickly tended to Jordan to see if he’s still breathing and Liz tended to Max.

“Max, oh god, Max you could have killed him.” Liz cried.

“I’m sorry Liz, I’m sorry, but he was hurting you, I had to make him stop. Are you ok? Did that bastard do anything?” He asked worried as he checked her for any bruises or scars, not worrying that his hand was throbbing with pain, most probably because it was broken because of the amount of strength he used to punch Jordan.

“I’m fine, but you’re bleeding.” Liz said grabbing his hands where his knuckles were all bloody.

“He’s alive!” Maria said in relief.

“Does he need to go to a hospital?” Liz asked.

“I’m…I’m not sure…” Maria said panicking, she couldn’t believe this was happening.

Before the three had anytime to figure something out a very bewildered Phillip Evans was at the door of his son’s room.

“What’s going on in here?!”
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Alright my lovelies...here's the next part! Be back tommorow with the last part, and then the next day the epilogue :cry:

La'shon *MUAH* you know it... oh and this part's all you! You know this part was added in just for you and your wishes :wink: lol

Chapter 28

“DADDY!” Maria exclaimed surprised.

Max looked up at the man who he knew was his father. He couldn’t believe after all these years he was finally face to face with him.

He wondered if he would even recognize who he was. Liz looked over to see if Max was okay, she couldn’t believe what had just happened and her heart was still pounding from all of it, but all that mattered right now was if Max was ok.

By looking at Jordan she wasn’t sure if he needed to be hospitalized but she hoped to god he didn’t need to be, and she prayed that the Evans wouldn’t press charges against Max because that would mean she would have to report the attempted rape.

Phillip Evans froze in place when he saw the scene in room. In the room were all three of his children.

Phillip had kept tabs on Max ever since he was born. He was never a cruel man and he did want so much to be able to be a father figure to Max, but he was a married man, his wife nor did Lauren want him to take on that responsibility.

He turned to where his daughter lay and he saw the appearance of his youngest son and quickly ran over to him.

“What happened here?!” He screamed checking for Jordan’s pulse.

Neither of the children wanted to speak they didn’t know the right words to explain the situation.

Max and Liz looked at Maria to explain after all she knew him best.

“Well? Someone better explain before I call the police.” Liz’s eyes widened.

“NO! Uncle Phillip! Please! I was in here and Jordan, well I was trying to break up with Jordan and I know he didn’t mean to but he snapped and attacked me! Max came in and he saw what was happening and he tried to get him off me and it just got out of hand. I’m sorry! Please don’t press charges against Max, please, it’s my entire fault!” She cried as she clung onto Max refusing to let him go.

Phillip looked up at Liz and saw her appearance and it was safe to say that she must have been attacked since her arms were all bruised. He couldn’t believe this was happening. How was his son capable of doing this?

He heard Jordan groan and he looked over at him and saw that he was starting to stir awake. Phillip looked over at Max and Liz and saw how she clung onto him harder as Jordan started to gain consciousness.

“No, I won’t press charges, Jordan seems to be waking up,” Phillip said. Liz cried out in relief and Max was yet to say anything. He didn’t know what to say after everything that had happened, nor did he know what to say in front of his father.

“Maria help me get him on the bed,” Phillip said as he got up to carry his son over to his bed. Maria complied and together they situated Jordan on the bed.

“I’ll go get some aspirin.” Maria said running to the bathroom.

“Go on, you two should leave the room. Go wait in Maria’s room so we can discuss this further.”

Liz nodded she and Max got up and they quickly walked to Maria’s room.

Phillip sighed as he looked over at his son. How the hell did his child end up to be this like?

<center>*****</center>

Inside Maria’s room Max and Liz sat on Maria’s bed as Liz bandaged up Max’s knuckles. Liz was shaking still frightened from the whole encounter. Max quickly tended to her.

“I’m so sorry Lizzie, I didn’t mean to get so out of control, but he was…and you were crying…I didn’t know what else to do. I never think right when it comes to you,” He cried as he held her in his arms. Liz cried softly.

“It’s ok, I was just thinking of what would have happened if it got so far, you could have been taken from me Max,” She cried the thought of it all was too overwhelming.

“What the hell happened in there Liz?” Maria said barging in the room. She couldn’t believe her brother was capable of such malice.

“I don’t know! I mean I was just here to break it off with him. He said, oh god, he was the one who came up with the plan to break us up Max. He was the one who told my mother about us. He kept screaming about how I was supposed to be his, how we were meant to be together. How Max was trying to break us apart and that I didn’t love Max and that I loved him. He just snapped, I don’t know what happened, after I told him that I loved Max…he just…he…” Liz started to break down. She didn’t want to think about it again.

“Shh…its ok baby…its ok.” Max soothed Liz’s hair as she sobbed against his chest.

“Oh god, I can’t believe he did that. Come to think of it, this morning he went crazy on me, he kept pressing me about where you were and how he knew you weren’t dress shopping with Isabel. I’ve never seen him like this before. I should have seen it coming, I could have prevented this.” Maria said as the tears fell down her cheek.

She knew there was something wrong with Jordan this morning, she should have said something to Liz.

“Maria don’t blame yourself, you couldn’t have stopped anything.” Liz said.

“Wait, what were you doing here though Max?” Liz asked.

“Maria called me over, she wanted to see me, and since her parents weren’t home she thought it would be ok. Thank god I came over, if I didn’t…” Max closed his eyes of the horror that could have taken place if he hadn’t shown up.

“It’s ok Max. You showed up, I’m fine,” Liz said reassuring him.

“I wonder what’s going to happen now,” Maria wondered.

“Well your dad said he wasn’t going to press charges,” Liz said relieved.

“Are you going to?” Maria asked.

“No, I just want to forget everything that happened.”

“That’s a good idea.” Phillip Evans said walking into the room. Everyone looked up at him as he did.

“After hearing what I heard in here it’s safe to say that Jordan needs help, which I fully intend on getting him whether he wants to or not. But Liz it is truly up to you if you want to charge Jordan with attempted rape, what he did was not acceptable, and despite the fact that he is my son, I cannot condone it.”

Liz shook her head.

“No sir, I don’t want to do it.” Phillip nodded.

“Ok then, I guess it’s settled. I’m so sorry that tis happened Liz, You were like a daughter to me, I guess everyone just figured that you and Jordan were going to end up together, and I guess that we as parents pressed it too much in his head and drove him to this. It’s a shame that we didn’t recognize that he wasn’t what’s best for you. By the looks of it, you already have what’s best for you,” He said referring to Max. Everyone looked at Max who was currently staring at Phillip Evans.

He seemed so different from what he imagined.

Liz smiled and grabbed Max’s hand tightly.

“I have.” She said. Max looked over and smiled at her. Phillip watched the two and saw the love between them. It was ironic that Liz Parker fell for an Evans, just not the Evans everyone thought she would fall for.

Phillip cleared his throat, his heart racing as he did. He had been waiting for this moment for his entire life and though this wasn’t the proper moment to do this, he didn’t think he’d have the opportunity to see his eldest son ever again.

“Umm…Max.” Max looked up at him, in fact everyone looked up at him puzzled.

“I was wondering…if we could talk.” Max looked up at him in shock. He didn’t know what to say. His whole life he spent hating his father for leaving him and his mother, but now he wasn’t really sure if Phillip Evans was as cruel as he thought.

Liz looked at Max and wanted to see if he was ready for this.

“Sure.” Max said getting up.

“I’ll be right back.” Max whispered to Liz as he kissed her on the forehead before following Phillip into his study.

Max awkwardly walked into Phillip’s study and watched as Phillip walked around his desk. He gestured for him to take a seat.

Max took it and sat awkwardly. He wasn’t sure what to expect.

“I’m not sure if you know who I am, and I don’t just mean as Maria’s father.” Max looked at him and saw how nervous he was. Was this the same man who left him years ago without any remorse?

“I know who you are.” Max stated. Phillip nodded.

“You probably expected me to not know who you were.” Max nodded his head.

“Yeah, I didn’t.” Max admitted.

“I kept tabs on you since you were born. You were my first child, my eldest son. It was so hard to walk away from you.” Phillip said as he clutched onto a paper in his hand trying hard to keep it together and keep from crying.

“Then why did you leave? You could have came back, you could have written or even made an appearance, but I never got a word from you! Why should I believe you now?” Max pressed.

“I know, everything you’re saying is true. I was a coward. But it was never my intention to neglect you. No matter what my wife said, no matter what your mother said. I wanted to be your father Max, I truly did. I even wanted to pay for your expenses and make sure that you and your mother were always well off, but your mother refused me. She refused to take the money that I offered. I guess it was because I told her I wanted to keep this quiet, and I made a mistake in that. I wanted so much to make you apart of my family and be the father that you deserved, but I was a coward and I listened to my wife and did what I thought was for the best. I’m sorry Max, I truly am. But I just want you to know that I never once forgot about you, you were always in my thoughts, and I wished everyday that I could see you. That’s why I kept tabs on you, I never wanted to forget your face. I watched you grow up from afar and I am so proud of the man you have become.”

Max tried his hardest from keeping himself in tact. His mother never once mentioned anything about Phillip wanting to give them money.

“My whole life I just assumed you to be a cold hearted asshole for what you did to me. I always thought that you were just like Jordan and that’s why I never wanted to meet you. Until this day my mother never told me that you had offered to give us money, but it still doesn’t change much. You were never around, and to me the money would have never mattered, the only thing that ever mattered to me was being able to get to know my father. To be able to play catch and all different kinds of sports with you, or to be able to grow up and say I want to be just like my dad just like all the other little boys did. But I never got that opportunity. I wish things were different, and I wish I could say that I want to start over with us, but I can’t because things aren’t different and I grew up the way I did. I’m sorry Mr. Evans, I really am. If it helps I don’t think you’re a cold hearted asshole, but I don’t think that we can ever have the type of relationship that you want.” Phillip nodded his head. That was what he was afraid of.

“I understand. But before you walk out of my life, I want you to have this.” He said handing Max a piece of paper.

“What is it?” Max said grabbing the piece of paper from him.

“It’s all the details to your trust fund, and I won’t take no for an answer. Even if Lauren didn’t want to accept the money, I never forgot about you, so I started a trust fund for you the day you were born, and hoped to give it to you when you turned 18, but you went to the army, so I guess its best that I give it to you now.” Max looked over at the paper and his eyes widened at the amount of money he had in the fund.

“I can’t accept this.” Max said trying to shove it back into his hands, but he refused to take it.

“It’s yours, I can’t take it back, and I won’t take it back. Please, just take this, it belongs to you.” Max felt the tears welding up in his eyes.

“I…I don’t know what to say. Thank you so much.” He said still not believing it.

“You’re welcome son.” Max did the unthinkable and walked over to Phillip and engulfed him in a hug. Phillip was shocked at most but he quickly accepted him into his arms and together the two men cried. It was the perfect father son moment. After all those years apart, after all the years of pain and separation, Max let it all go into that moment he was in his father’s arms.

It was like he had said with Liz. He just needed to let go and live life to the fullest extent, no more drama.

Once they pulled apart the men laughed.

“Two grown men crying. What a sight huh?” Phillip said wiping his tears. Max laughed.

“Yeah.”

“I guess you should get back to Liz, she’s probably going crazy without you.” Max agreed.

“Yeah.” Max said before he started to walk towards the door.

Before he walked out he turned around.

“Thank-you, again,” He said. Phillip smiled.

“You’re very welcome son,” Once Max opened the door he found Maria and Liz standing in front of it waiting impatiently. Both Phillip and Max smiled. Max walked around and grabbed both his girls in his arms.

“Ironic isn’t it?” Phillip said. All three eyes turned to face him.

“An Evans did end up with a Parker.” Max and Liz looked up at each other and smiled.

They certainly did.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

You guys are awesome with the feedback! I honestly can't say how much I am sad to see this one go, you guys have been amazing throughout the whole fic and I am so grateful for all you taking your time and leaving feedback! Now there's only the epilogue left so I hope you all like this part!

La'shon...hun you already know what I'm going to say lol, you're the best, and you helped this fic reach this point and I'm so grateful that you have helped! *MUAH*

Chapter 29

1 month later

It took a while before Max and Liz could get back on course with their lives together but they didn’t stop at any cost.

After the incident with Jordan, Liz and Max vowed that that was the last fork in the road for them and after that nothing would come between them and luckily nothing did.

Jordan was facilitated in a highly prominent mental asylum where his parents sent him against his will.

He argued that he was over 18 and didn’t need to listen to them but Phillip threatened to cut off his trust fund and any ties to the family so he reluctantly agreed.

Liz and Max haven’t seen Jordan since that day and they couldn’t be happier that they hadn’t.

Max had one more chat with his mother when she had came barging into the Crashdown Café begging for Max’s forgiveness. Max dismissed her immediately while adding how he felt on the situation with Lauren refusing Phillip’s money. She cried that she thought it was what was best for him, and Max retorted that Lauren seemed to think a lot of things were best for him when all in all they were the densest thoughts in the world.

As for Nancy Parker, well Phillip had quite a chat with Jeff Parker who openly threatened to make Nancy’s life a living hell if she did anything to jeopardize his daughter’s happiness. Jeff Parker, unlike Nancy Parker, couldn’t be happier that his daughter had fallen in love with a man, who in his eyes, was noble and courteous. It didn’t matter much where Max had grew up, or who his mother was, in his eyes he was very much an Evans as Phillip was, and even if he wouldn’t have been born an Evans, he would have been satisfied with having him in his daughter’s life as long as he made her happy, which he certainly did.

Much to Nancy’s dismay, she sat back and was forced to accept everything and for once in her life she didn’t have any control in any matter and it made Liz jump for joy.

Now it was time for Isabel and Alex’s wedding and Liz and Maria sat by Isabel’s side in the bridal suite as Isabel panicked.

“Are you really sure I’m ready for this? I mean what if I’m not ready for this? What if I freeze at the altar and then Alex starts hating me! Oh god, what if Alex hates me?” Isabel rambled as she panicked.

Liz and Maria couldn’t help but smile at Isabel’s distraught appearance. Here she was, in the most beautiful white dress, looking absolutely gorgeous, and about to marry the man who was hopelessly in love with her, and she was worrying about Alex hating her.

“Honey if Alex hated you I doubt he would have asked you to marry him in the first place.” Maria reassured.

“Yeah but that was before! What if he hates me now?! I mean what if he takes one look at me when I’m walking down that altar and realizes that I’m all wrong for him and rethinks his decision?” She said as she hyperventilated.

“Ok Iz, breathe. Now listen to me, Alex is utterly and completely in love with you. You two have been through thick and thin and I know for a fact that there is nothing he wants more in this world than to marry you. You two have been together for so long and if that doesn’t prove to you that this thing between the two of you is going to last than think about the way Alex looks at you, because there is no way in hell you can mistake that glow in his eye every time he looks at you for anything else other than love.” Liz said encouragingly.

Isabel smiled.

“You’re right. Thanks Liz.”

“Of course, I am after all your maid of honor, my job is to deal with you and your tantrums.”

“Har har har,” Isabel said sarcastically.

“You are so much better at these love speeches than me.” Maria mumbled to Liz. Liz smiled.

“That’s because not all the thoughts in my mind revolves around sex.” She said sarcastically.

“Very funny Liz, I shall have you know that I have loving thoughts in my mind as well.”

“Whatever you say Ria,” Liz joked. Maria stuck her tongue out at Liz before the two broke out laughing.

The knock on the door brought the girls out of their thoughts and Maria walked over to let the person in.

“If it’s Alex don’t let him in! It’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding.” Isabel raved.

“Ok.” Maria said as she opened the door slightly to check who it was. She found Max waiting there impatiently, and when she saw that Alex was no where in sight she opened the door wide enough to let him in.

“Max what are you doing here? The ceremony is going to start in 40 minutes!” Isabel ranted.

“I know, I just need to talk to Liz for a second.” He said. Liz looked over at Isabel.

“I’ll be right back.” She whispered to her. Isabel just waved her off as she nervously waited for the ceremony to start.

Max and Liz walked out of the suite and Max quickly pushed her into his hotel room which was a few doors down.

“Max what are you doing?!” She hissed as Max pinned her against the wall. He had a devilish grin on his face and Liz knew what that look meant.

“I need you so bad, I tried to so hard to control myself, but after last night, I just need this.” Liz blushed as images of the previous night raced through her mind, it was an amazing 4 hours.

“Max we cannot do this right now…” She murmured getting lost in her words as Max leaned in and starting sucking and nipping on the sensitive spot on her neck.

“Just a quickie.” Max said as he quickly unbuttoned his tuxedo bottoms before pushing Liz up so that she now had her legs wrapped around his waist.

“Max, I’m going to mess my hair…oh.” She moaned as he grinded his member against her core and took her mouth into his, kissing her hungrily.

Max pushed his bottoms down to the floor and his hands found their way up Liz’s dress slowly caressing her thighs before sliding her panties down.

“Max you’re going to be the death of me.” She moaned before she leaned her head back against the wall closing her eyes in pleasure as Max quickly thrust into her.

He picked up his pace and Liz met each and every one of his thrusts.

“Faster.” She moaned, her orgasm approaching fast. Max carried her over to the desk and brought her legs higher around him and pounded into her deeper and faster.

She panted heavily and her moans drove Max to a quick edge. As Liz’s orgasm ripped through her she clung onto Max tight and grabbed took his mouth into hers to prevent her from screaming out loud.

Liz’s walls pulsating around his throbbing member brought him to his own peak and he hungrily kissed her to prevent his own groans of pleasure.

They both waited as they came down from their high before Max pulled out of Liz, both of them panting heavily.

“If my hair is messed up not only am I going to kill you but I’ll make sure you deal with the wrath of Isabel too.” Liz bit out through her pants. Max laughed as he was completely satisfied with himself.

“You look beautiful.” He commented but got shut down quickly as Liz retorted with a “shut up” before running into the bathroom to fix her appearance.

Once she was satisfied she ran back out and grabbed Max’s arm for to check the time.

“Well that certainly was an interesting 4 minutes.” Liz replied as she smirked.

“8 minutes.” Max retorted pulling his arm back from Liz’s grip.

“And you know I can go on much longer than that, but considering the circumstance…”

“Sure what ever you say baby.” Liz said as she clutched onto the door knob to open the door.

“Liz! Don’t make me remind you of last night that was certainly not 4 minutes.” Max yelled as Liz walked down the hall to Isabel’s suite. Right before she entered the room she replied, with a big smirk on her face, “I thought you said it was 8 minutes.”

Max glared at her before she laughed and blew him a kiss.

“Love you baby.” She said as she walked into the suite.

“It was more than 4 minutes.” Max mumbled to himself before walking into Alex’s suite.

<center>*****</center>

“I, Alexander Whitman, take you Isabel Noels to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward, until death do us part.”

“I, Isabel Noels, take you Alexander Whitman to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward, until death do us part.”

“By the power vested in me, and in witness to all these people here today, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.” The crowd cheered and Isabel laughed giddily before Alex wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close for the long awaited kiss.

Max and Liz clapped happily as they watched their friends’ exchange their love while sneaking glances at each other. Once Alex and Isabel spread apart Isabel grabbed her bouquet from Liz and happily walked down the isle with her husband, Liz and Max and Maria and Alex’s cousin following behind them.

“Please give a big round of a applause for Mr. and Mrs. Alex Whitman!” The DJ shouted as he introduced Isabel and Alex into their reception party.

Everyone cheered happily and Isabel and Alex walked into the middle of the dance floor to share their first dance.

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through, through it all

“They look so happy and perfect don’t they!” Liz gushed as she watched Alex and Isabel swaying together so perfectly, Isabel laughing as Alex whispered jokes into her ear.

“Yeah they do.” Max said smiling at the sight before he turned his attention to Liz. She looked so beautiful and he still couldn’t believe that after everything they had been through they had managed to make find their ways back to each other.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

“I love you Liz, do you know that?” Max whispered in her ear. Liz smiled and turned to face him. She leaned in and gave him a soft peck on the lips.

“Of course I do and I love you.” Liz replied. Max smiled, he was so damn lucky.

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

“You know I don’t know how many times I told you this but this whole ride we’ve been through, all the ups and downs, all the pain and suffering, I would have never traded any of it in for anything, because sitting here with you right now, in this moment, makes it all worth while.” Liz felt the tears well up in her eyes.

“I know exactly how you feel Max. I love you so much and you don’t know how ecstatic I am to be able to be here next to you, to be able to kiss you when I want, or the touch you when I want, and not have to hide it. I want the world to know I’m in love with you Max because you make me so incredibly happy.” Max smiled his heart thumping with joy.

He gave her yet another kiss and this time it was filled with more passion and love.

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

“Alright you two, quit it already, you’re starting to get nauseating. I mean god didn’t you two have enough before the ceremony started? And you call me a horn dog Liz!” Liz blushed.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Maria.” Liz said. Maria rolled her eyes.

“Yeah ok, you’re just lucky Isabel was to nervous to realize that Max pulled you out for a quickie, other wise I know she would have blown a fuse.”

“Maria!” Liz hissed, and Max sat there laughing with a smirk on his face. Liz playfully slapped him on his arm.

“Don’t you have any shame Max?” Liz shrilled. He shook his head.

“Nope, I’m completely content with myself.” Liz glared at him.

“Men,” She muttered before walking over to the waiters to make sure everything was ok with the catering.

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

“So Max? Do you plan on making our Lizzie a beautiful bride anytime soon?” Maria asked.

Max smiled.

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

He planned on doing just that really soon, next week actually; he had just bought the ring.

The End

Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.