Conventional/Canon Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#31 K/T M/L

Starts near the End of MITC

--After Liz saves Max but before he gets home Future Tess shows up to talk to Liz.

--She tells her that since Max & Liz weren't together when Liz went off to college Max didn't go with her and Nicholas kidnapped her. Max who was still in love with her sacrificed his life to save hers. When the war came the four of Aliens weren't together cause Max was already dead so they weren't strong enough to win.

--Future Tess tells Liz that Max will ask her one last time about the sleeping with Kyle thing when he gets back and she wants her to tell him the truth. About both Future Max and Future Tess's visits.

--Then Max, Liz, and Future Tess have to make present Tess fall in love with Kyle. Future Tess says she knows it's possible because she fell in love with him after Max died.

--Max and Liz recruit Kyle to help but they keep him in the dark at first about Future Tess how long is up to you, but it should be at least for the first attept.

--At some point while Kyle is trying to win Tess he should confess to Tess that he never slept with Liz. That she asked him to pretend because she wanted Max to fulfill his destiny and save his people, but that she was in tears when it happened and he knew she still loved him.

--I want this to either alternate between Present Tess POV and other characters POV or to be third person narrative that's really detailed about what Present Tess is going through because:

--At the beginning Tess should be pushing away her attraction to Kyle because human feelings are a weakness. She has a duty, a destiny to fulfill with Max

--But gradually as the fic goes on her feelings for Kyle should become harder and harder to push away.

--The first few times she gives into them she should feel guilty and curse herself for being so week as to give into human emotions.

--The first couple of times she gives in it's just for a single kiss, the third one is for a full blown make out session

--Eventually her feelings become so strong she decides screw destiny she wants Kyle. At that point Future Tess disappears and present Tess goes first to Liz and then to Max and says now that she knows what it's like to be in love she appologizes for all the problems she's caused them and tells them she won't stand in there way anymore.

--This fic should be lamp trimmer centric with a healthy dose of dreamer moments. Other couples at your discression.
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

#32 What is Leanna/Jennifer's back story? She was significant in the Alex story, but we know practically nothing about her. What was her involvement? Is she indeed human, or is she an alien with bloodcells that appear human?

I know this is an open ended challenge, but I am fascinated by this part of the story line, and I would love to hear someone's story of her.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#33 Be Careful What You Wish For -- Taken By Dream Weaver

Challenge text moved to:

viewtopic.php?p=600390#600390
Last edited by Zanity on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

Zanity wrote:#33 Be Careful What You Wish For

Set just after busted....

Jeff Parker wishes Max Evans was never born, had never touched Liz, or something like that.

He gets his wish... he wakes up in the morning and Liz was killed in the shooting.

He tries to figure out what happened and eventually learns the truth about what happened that day and rescinds his wish.

When the time line is restored he sits down and has a talk with both Max and Liz and tells them he knows the truth about Max and the shooting. They tell him what the robbery was about and he rescinds his prohibition on their seeing each other.

--Optional:

You can have guide walk him through the time line where Liz died at make it a It's a Wonderful Life type thing if you want.
Zanity- this is an awsome idea! I'd love to take this if you'd do me the honor.... :)
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

It's yours
FrenchDreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by FrenchDreamer »

#34 taken by Tears Of Mercury On the Taken Challenge Thread :
viewtopic.php?p=652156#652156
Last edited by FrenchDreamer on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kristy »

There is one thing I learned on the Roscannon thread that has always bugged me and is in need of explanation (IMO).

Here it is: "When Isabel investigates Tess as part of the “Sunshine Committee,” we get a brief glimpse of her file, which tells us her DOB (May 7th,1983), Mother’s name (Sheila Harding) and place of birth (Omaha, Nebraska)."

It's the name Sheila as her mother that makes me wonder. Your challenge is to explain why this is. This is a very, very open-ended challenge.

My first thought is that Nasedo would have put together these forms for Tess, and, if so, why would he name her mother as a woman he killed (allegedly killed?)?

This story can be as long or as short as you want but must explain the connection between Sheila Hubble and this Sheila Harding.

Have fun with it, but CC is a requirement with a T/K pairing if the story is longer than a one-shot.
Kristy

"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!" - Homer Simpson

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!" - Stewie Griffin
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Kristy wrote:#35

There is one thing I learned on the Roscannon thread that has always bugged me and is in need of explanation (IMO).

Here it is: "When Isabel investigates Tess as part of the “Sunshine Committee,” we get a brief glimpse of her file, which tells us her DOB (May 7th,1983), Mother’s name (Sheila Harding) and place of birth (Omaha, Nebraska)."

It's the name Sheila as her mother that makes me wonder. Your challenge is to explain why this is. This is a very, very open-ended challenge.

My first thought is that Nasedo would have put together these forms for Tess, and, if so, why would he name her mother as a woman he killed (allegedly killed?)?

This story can be as long or as short as you want but must explain the connection between Sheila Hubble and this Sheila Harding.

Have fun with it, but CC is a requirement with a T/K pairing if the story is longer than a one-shot.
Oh, very interesting challenge. I like it. But I got so much on my plate right now. :twisted:
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#36 Let The Games Begin M/L

Post Destiny

--Liz does run out of the cave but she does not leave for the summer!

--The beacons all around the world that went off at the end of destiny are different groups of Aliens... each with their own agenda.

--Some of the groups want the entire Royal Four Dead

--Some of the groups support one of the Royal Four

---The skins at Copper Summit would support Isabel (Vilandra's reincarnation)

---Courtney was part of a group that supported Michael (Rath's Reincarnation)

---There are groups that Support Tess (Ava's Reincarnation) and Max (Zan's Reincarnation)

--Some of the groups want the Royal Four to reign in tact as they were in their previous lives

--Some of the groups believe in a prophecy that a fallen King would live again and in his second life would find his true queen and cause her to live again. (These groups want Max and Liz together)

---Of these groups some believe Liz is the only human of consequence

---Of these groups some believe the Royal Four should all pair up with human mates and become a foursquare of couples instead of the origional foursquare

--Shapeshifters are artificial Lifeforms created by the various factions

---Ed Harding was created by the Tess supporters and did make the deal with Khivar.

---Tic Tac was created by one of the groups that believe in the prophesy... you can decide which

---You can decide which group Cal Langley was created by

---The Nasedo River Dog knew could be Ed Harding, Tic Tac or a completely different shapeshifter your choice

--Some of the groups are passifists while some of them are genocidal and the whole spectrum in between

--The dupes were originally created as decoys

--When they set off the orb they sent a signal to every alien faction on the planet that essentially said, "We're ready let fight for the throne commence..."

--As the aliens converge in Roswell can the podsquad and company learn who to trust and who not to? Can martial their allies and defeat their enemies without destroying earth?

--Must be a Dreamer fic the other couples you can do with as you'd like but if you end up with Lamptrimmer included remember at the beginning of the fic Tess is still behaving as she was raised to by Ed Harding to complete the deal with Khivar so what causes her change from that mindset to the other should be in the fic.
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

(I hope I’m not stepping on any toes by posting this and I hope no one already said this or has a similar fic, if you do I’m sorry in advance and please tell me because I would love to read it.)

I find it somewhat hard to believe that after Max and Liz fall out of the window they both walk away without any injuries. As for Liz I can comprehend the fact that she was uninjured due to the shield that Max put up. So this is where the challenge begins towards the end of Chant Down Babylon:

Max must have visible injuries, such as a head injury, broken bones, he’s bloody, etc
He’s alive after the fall but barely…Liz goes up to him and her powers surge into him and the essence of Clayton leaves his body, Maria comes and they only option they have is to call 911…they don’t know what else to do…they don’t do blood tests since they know what his blood type is from his medical files from when they switched his blood with Alex’s and Liz telling them
The gang later learns that Max has become human due to the body transfer and he doesn’t have any powers…and Michael is now the king. So explain all the tension and fights and how Max copes. Tess doesn’t return you can make up why and Max doesn’t have a kid you can explain that too.
I also want answers as to who the other people around the world were when the beacons went off when the orbs were activated. And I went the chapter to Antar and their enemies to be closed…meaning I want answers to most of the loose ends that were never explained on the show. Like what happened to Cal and who was the kid that bumped into Max and Tess at the park after wipeout. I have to say that I always get the feeling that it was Nicholas and want ever happened to the other world who were at the summit in NY, and an explanation on the Granolith. I mean it was supposed to me this all powerful apparatus; yet, it seems that it was rendered useless after Tess used it to leave the planet

Over all, I want this fic to be angst filled with convention couples and a happy ending. I want this to be dreamer centered and if you have any questions please pm.