Symbiotic Relationship (CC/AU, ADULT) *Starting*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~MAX~~~~~
Three days and still no phone call... if I was a human teenager I suspect right now I would have decided shed blown me off. But things are not that simple. For one thing she has to sort out all that stuff in her life...

What if shes changed her mind?
No... that doesn't sound like Liz..
Sound like Liz indeed...I don't even know her. I sigh as I walk round my garden, without shoes or socks. I like to feel the grass. Earth is cool like that. Grass = Very cool.

And then my phone starts ringing. I take it out of my pocket and flip it open, amazed at the human technology... (amazed how unadvanced it is I mean), and answer it.

"Max Evans speaking," I say wondering and hoping if its her.
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Isabel

I was very preoccupied after the meeting with the two humans one of whom will in all likelihood become my sister-in-law, if I read the signs correctly. Max seemed quite enamoured by her and I dare say she appeared to be smitten as well. Alex was different to say the least. Very at ease and confident about his views and about himself. I have to be honest and confess that I wasn't sure how to handle him.

For two days and nights I struggled with myself, trying to make a simple decision-whether or not to go on the trip to Africa with Alex. I vacillated between my need to know my surroundings and be in control of them and with my desire to explore the unknown, in this case spending time with humans on a one on one basis and visiting a beautiful and ancient land.

At last I picked up the phone when I could no longer put off the inevitable. I had promised to call him as soon as possible with my decision. I felt a little apprehension whilst dialling his number but breathed in deeply to calm myself down as I heard the ring pass, waiting for him to answer. "Hello, Alex. This is Isabel Evans calling."
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

Alex

It's been rather calm days since I came back to Roswell. I guess that's mostly because I've been sleeping and relaxing a lot. At least a lot more than I normally do.

I haven't heard much of the girls but Liz really has a lot going on right now and Maria seems busy too from what I gathered, with being against the possible-marriage plans and the every day life.

My parents were estatic to see me again, I would have been offended if they were not and I've spent quite a few hours with them. So far, it have been nice two days.

The ringing of my cell phone brings me out of my thoughts and I reach over the coffee mug for it. "Hello?"

"Hello, Alex. This is Isabel Evans calling." a soft voice informs me.

My eyebrows go up at that. After not hearing from her in the last days, I didn't think she'd call anymore and that she'd have no interest in the trip. Guess I was wrong.

"Hello Isabel, it's a pleasure to hear from you again. I take it that you came to a decision?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Isabel

"Hello Isabel, it's a pleasure to hear from you again. I take it that you came to a decision?" comes the cool, calm and collected reply

"Yes I have." I answer as I look at myself in the mirror and twirl my index finger around the cord of the telephone "I'm sorry I have taken so long to come to a decision...it's just that I haven't really been far from my family before."

He's probably thinking that I am some spoilt brat princess. Okay, I'll admit to being spoilt but I am by no means a brat. Anyway, he made the offer so he can't complain now.

"I wasn't quite sure what to pack by way of clothes. I hope some t-shirts and khaki shorts will do. And I bought a pair of shoes that the guy at the store told me is made specifically for outdoor activities that might include hiking, trekking, etc etc."

I sound so damn dumb! Alex Whitman is probably trying to keep the laughter out of his voice right now. But I can't help it, I have no experience in this area.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Alex

"I'm sorry I have taken so long to come to a decision...it's just that I haven't really been far from my family before."

"I was terrified the first time I travelled so far on my own." I comment softly but Isabel continues talking so she either didn't hear or doesn't really care about what I have to say.

I listen quietly to her ramblings, a smile slowly forming on my face. She hasnt said so yet but I assume she is coming along. Cool - I'll get to spend some time with a hot alien! I would have never expected that.

"What you have sounds good, Isabel and I'm really happy that you decided to join me." I reply when she doesn't say anything anymore. "If you want I can take a look at the stuff, checking if it will be all you need for the trip. You should get some warmer stuff too - it can get quite cold in the desert and the winds can be chilly in the night."

"And ..." I'm not really sure if I should continue but I can't help myself, "... and even if the clothes aren't perfect for the trip ... couldn't you alter them somehow with your powers?
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Isabel

"I'd appreciate it if you could come over and take a look at whatever I have packed. I don't want to carry unnecessary stuff and load us down."

I keep quiet for a moment after he makes his whole comment about me using my powers to alter my clothes, not very sure about how to react. It's strange to have a human talk so easily to me about my abilities and not be scared or grossed out by them.

"I could do that" I reply hesitantly "but I'd rather not so I'll just pack a few pullovers and a pair or two of track pants. When are we supposed to leave?"
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Alex

"When are we supposed to leave?"

"Tomorrow morning. Around 4:30am." I doubt she ever got up that early in her life. Truthfully, I can count the times I got up so early on two hands. She doesn't protest immediately which I take as a good sign.

"I guess I'd better head over to your place soon then, so I can check out everything you have prepared. Oh, you do have a valid passport, don't you?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Isabel

I groan inwardly when I head 4.30am. What an ungodly hour!! Who plans these trips??? This is inhuman! Oh well that sounds weird since I am not human.

"Oh alright...I'll be ready." I reply in as cheery a voice as possible "And yes I do have a valid passport. You can come over right now if you want."

OOC-Approximately what part of the day are we at?
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

from Beth's post, I gather it is sometime in the late evening but I'm not sure

Alex

"You can come over right now if you want."

I quickly glance down at my outfit - jogging pants and a t-shirt. Not really form fitting when meeting an alien princess, I guess.

"Okay, I can be at your house in ... 45 minutes, I suppose. If it is not too much of a problem for you to have visitors this late"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

Occ: Ok, guys, I know I haven't been around and there is a really great and terrible reason for it. They started blocking certain websites at work. This is one of them. So the only place I can get on is at home and as I've already told you guys, I have dial up. I won't be on much at all. It just takes too darn long with dial up. I'm seriously debating just leaving roswellfanatics but I love it here! I'm open for any suggestions. If I'm taking too long to post, please feel free to tell me you think it isn't working. I'll turn the RP's to others.

~LIZ~

His voice is so comforting. It's deep and masculine and relaxing at the same time. It causes a nice fluttering of butterflies in my stomach and I'm relieved to find that there is no hint of remorse over my decision. "Hey, it's me...Liz. I'm sorry I haven't called you but I've been somewhat busy with work and I've been spending a little time with Alex before he leaves town again. Then too, I had to talk to Sean." I take a deep breath and try to shake all thoughts of my ex-boyfriend. I put on a big smile and sit down in my most comfortable leather recliner. "So how have you been? Any...any, um, reconsidering of...of us?" I ask somewhat nervously, biting my lip.
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!