One Last Valentine (UC/A/T/Teen) Complete 02/14/07

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

One Last Valentine (UC/A/T/Teen) Complete 02/14/07

Post by suicide_eagle_rath »

<center>

Image</center>

Title: One Last Valentine

Author: suicide_eagle_rath

Rating: AU UC POV .... Teen rating

Disclaimer: The characters belong to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, WB and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement intended.

Summary:. The last love letter written from Tess to Alex on their wedding 65th anniversary. The letter is discovered by their son, Paul and read by him to his wife Sarah.

Warning: …. a sappy gooey heart wrenching love letter…..

Contest: This was done originally for the contest at Majik's World of Fan Fic called New Year, New Challenge! Romancing Fifthwheel
Last edited by suicide_eagle_rath on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by suicide_eagle_rath »

<center>
One Last Valentine
</center>

“Paul, are you okay?”

“They are gone Sarah, they are both gone.”

“Oh no, honey I am so sorry.”

“The doctors found her next to him, they think she died seconds before he did.”

“Paul your mother lived a long life. The doctors thought she would die long ago.”

“She held on for him, Sarah, she died with his last breath.”

“What is that in your hands?”

“Her last letter to him. Every Valentine’s day on their wedding anniversary she would write this long sentimental love letter in her own hand. She would tie it with a ribbon and leave it on the desk for him to read. Dad always said it was silly and sappy, but I knew he loved it. I caught him crying one time when I was a teenager.”

“They loved each other very much.”

“Yes, a rare event.”

“Read me her letter, read me the One Last Valentine.”

<center> Alexander, my love my hope, my dreams, my husband. </center>

My dearest love, my eternal flame, to you I compose these words of love, admiration, veneration, and friendship. My love, even today I still awake filled with thoughts of you, my life; my eternal companion throughout the ages, in this life or of the next.

Should that I paint a picture of the love held inside this mortal confides of my heart; canvas so vast would be needed to contained all that is me from your first kiss to your last breath. For what you were and forever will be, my enduring sanctuary from the world, mio dolce amor, my sweet love for none came before you and none come after you.

Memories fall back into time, days vanish, years slip away as we once again stood in that awkward silence, not knowing what to say. Your looked so adorable in your PE uniform running the hurdles, even though the last one you trip over when I caught you staring at me and not the path in front of you. I still hear the ringing of laugher as my girlfriends jeered at the geek, but when I saw you I saw no geek but a cute stud-muffin, who had this wonderfully encompassing goofy smile. I still giggle at the look on their faces when I walked over to you, before announcing to them I thought you were hunk-o-licious and what I had planned was certainly not innocent.

As I approached, I bent down to tie my a shoe, knowing full well your eyes were on me, it was a simple girl’s trick but one at always seems to work. As I stood up you looked at me, blushing at being caught looking at me, fell backwards. In those fleeting few seconds between you jumping to your feet trying to laugh it off as a joke and my approaching you, in that spilt second our destiny, our future together was born.

That was but the beginning, a start of a life that poets only write of, a blissful life depicted in those golden Hollywood movies. How did I get so fortunate to find you, my dear Alex, my husband, my friend, my life. I still find a thrill in the feel of your hand, though so cold, so very cold, now as I sit here in this inferno damnation of a hospital. It is only time I know my love before we part.

My dearest do you know this is our wedding day, no that is wrong, how the mind slips, it is the anniversary of our wedding. I still remember every detail as if it was yesterday maybe it was today. Do you remember that day Valentine’s Day, my love, can you still see it in your mind? We were but twenty, so naïve and young with love fresh on our lips and tongues on that day so long ago.

The world then was so small, so different than what has happened in the last 65 years since we said I DO. It was the beginning a new era, an opening of realms before were never thought possible, and we, my love, were their to witness man’s greatest triumphs and worse defeats.

We have together roamed the vast world, see sights one only envisions through brightly colored travel books, we have met the most fascinating people and raised a loving child. All that I experience and lived could not have been done without you by my side, my support, my love. Most couples barely it make it to 30 years, our love doubled that, every minute of our together you never left my mind nor my bed, can a wife ask for anything more. But I received so much more, I had you, your devotion, love, friendship, forces that kept me on this earth far pass my due date. But now in the twilight years of our life the darkness descends rapidly. My bargain with the reaper is coming to a close, for I asked only to live so you would never feel loneliness.

Now I sit here on this final Valentine, our last anniversary, my soul aches for you with sorrow, for there can be no rest for our devotion of one to the other. For a lifetime you have been there, my rock of Gilbrater, with you we have raised a family, with you I have cried, and with you I have lived. This last valentine I write and say with hope that you will hear though the fog and the midst, that your passage will be easy, now that you my love are the eternal flame.

My son I ask that you look to the world around you and see us everyday, for your parents have not left you but have transcended time and space. Your father and I are in the sky, the wind, every blade of grass, every grain of sand, all that you see we are there. Love Sarah with all you heart and soul, make her your life, you will never regret that small decision. She in her your children, your continued existence, for you live now for them, as we lived and loved for you.

I hear the trumpets calling, the drums awakening, they are calling us, my love, it is time to go. In these last fleeting moments, the past is so crystal clear, every detail, touch, smell, sound they are all real, tangible once again. In these last few seconds, I have experienced my entire 85 years of life: the joy, the sorrow, the anger, the love, the despair, the hope. It is as if in these last seconds of breath, time stood still, let me savor, remember one final time.

<center>

It is with a clear conciseness and a full heart that I can freely state I do not regret my life, any decisions, or my love to you dear Alex.

With Eternal Devotion
Your Loving Wife
Tess

</center>

Last edited by suicide_eagle_rath on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:13 am, edited 4 times in total.