More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

AmorporML
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmorporML »

Hello everyone!

I’m hoping some can help me. My question has nothing to do with fanart but I’m still hoping someone can help me. I have an old family photo that I’m trying to repair. It’s a picture of my brother when he was a baby, and on his lip there’s a rip. It’s not a scratch or a blemish. A piece of the first layer is missing and all you see is white paper. Is there anyway to fix it or is this picture beyond salvaging?

I’m working with PS.
CME
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CME »

You can try using the CLONE tool to cover up the rip. If that doesn't work, try using your brush to fill in the color on the rip and use your SMUDGE tool to blend it with the rest of the image.
Dean: I wanted to ask you, because I couldn't help but notice that you are two tons of fun, just curious: is that, like, a thyroid problem, or is it some deep-seated self-esteem issue? 'Cause, you know. They're just donuts. Not love.
AmorporML
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmorporML »

I've tried using the clone brush but for some reason I'm having a hard to using it.
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Using the clone brush:

1. Click on the clone tool.
2. Direct your cursor to a part of the image that you want to copy from. Make sure you select an area that's similar in color and texture (shadows) to the affected/damage.
3. Press the CTRL key on your keyboard and left-click on that copy area at the same time.

This basically clones that area that you just selected.

4. Move your cursor to the part of the image you want to 'clone over' (i.e. the rip in you picture). Hold down the left mouse button and move the cursor over the image. You're basically painting over the damaged area with the clone tool.

I hope that helps you a little.
<center>Image</center>
AmorporML
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmorporML »

Thanks Lolita! I never could figure out how the clone tool worked.

I ended up using the brush and slowly painting in the missing part. Here's how it turned out, tell me what you guys think.

before

after