Only Human (Adult,AU, Characters Needed)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

ooc: They gave each other there 'nicknames' when they were kids
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- What restraint! I half-expected Alex to grab Max and throw him across the room! LOL

*Max*

"Hey, hey listen buddy you really don't want to do this," the guy says. How did he get back here faster than Michael did? He's wrong, 'though. I do want to do this. I want to hurt someone the way they hurt me.

"Look, she's an innocent girl. Just doing her job. You probably think she's someone else or something," he says.

No. It's not a mistake. Looking into her face, I know those cheekbones, that chin, those eyebrows, those eyes ... They're the wrong color and I waver but it has to be her. They're the same weird eyes with the inhuman vertical slit. Even if it's not the same girl, I know she was there. That's when I remember where I know the guy from. He was there, too. I don't have to turn around to know that he has the same eyes...

Michael approaches, reaching for me. "No. You can't hurt her."

I ignore him, addressing my words to the other guy. My every word is filled with venom and anger. "She's not innocent. And neither are you!"

But Michael's right. I can't do this. She looks at me with those inhuman eyes and she's not angry. She's not fighting me. She doesn't even look scared. She's just waiting. She knows she deserves this and I know it has to be her, even if the eyes are different. But I can't. I can't ... kill.

I push her way, feeling disgusted and angry at myself. I should have done it. I should have. What kind of miserable failure am I? I can't even defend myself. I want to collapse, bury my face in my hands and cry, but I can't. I can't let them take me again. Or Michael or any of my friends.

I spin away, ending up behind Michael. "It was them, Michael. From Manticore," I say, trying not to let my voice crack. I need to be in control.

*Michael*

My eyes go wide at Max's words. I stiffen my stance, bracing myself as I raises one hand, palm out, ready to fight.

"You should be dead," I say. The place burned to the ground. I saw it. I was sure that nobody escaped. These two need to die, too, but already my mind is clicking ahead to what to do with a couple bodies in the middle of a restaurant. Too many witnesses. I can't do it here unless I use a human weapon. I wish I had a gun. I can't let them leave now that they've found us.

Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

~Kyle~

I had been sitting in a booth at a café called the Crashdown. I had seen her. I knew it was her. You know your family. I watched her delivering the food and taking orders. It all seemed so unnatural. I watched her hands as she sat some guy’s food on the table. He seemed to complain about it and she picked it back up. Those hands could have easily snapped his neck.

We had hunted together. Liz was always the first to make the kill and last to leave the body but as I watch her in that ridicules outfit it’s harder for me to remember her as family and not as the murder she is. So when the dark haired boy enters who our creators had taken captive walks into the restaurant and pulls Liz into a back room I stay in my seat.

Liz deserves to die. She killed my family. She could have warned us. She could have given us time to prepare. She killed them and I shall never forget that. As soon as my mind says this I see Alex. He’s walking to the back to help.

“Damn.” I mutter to my self. I might not give a damn if Liz dies but Alex is my brother. I stand and make my way to the back.

I walk in and see two guys one with his hand up and I get the picture he intends to harm my family. I lift my palm to the ceiling and call upon my flame. It obeys immediately and a bluish- purple ball of fire appears.

“Hey buddy I really don’t think you want to be doing that. You see that’s my brother and I really don’t take kindly to you threatening him and as for Liz feel free to kill her.” I say.
Not all who wander are lost
~Tolkien~

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Liz

"Hey, hey listen buddy you really don't want to do this, look, she's an innocent girl. Just doing her job. You probably think she's someone else or something." Someone says but I don’t look at them I keep my eyes focused on the guy who currently has my life in his hands. I realize with some shock that I am actually hoping he’ll do it. It’s justice after all.

So other guy that sounds like the cook comes in to but nobody pays him much attention. "She's not innocent. And neither are you!" Amber Eyes says and its then I glance over and see Alex and I feel so relieved to see that he made it out alive. And then the grip around my throat lets go and he pushes me away and says. "It was them, Michael. From Manticore,"

The cook then puts his hand up as if to shield me away. "You should be dead," he says and I smile at him. “We shouldn’t even have been created in the first place.” I say and then the door opens again as Kyle enters already ready for a fight.

“Hey buddy I really don’t think you want to be doing that. You see that’s my brother and I really don’t take kindly to you threatening him and as for Liz feel free to kill her.” He says and I lean my head back and then close my eyes for a moment before saying, “Why Kyle because you know you can’t handle me by yourself?” I ask and a part of me wants him to do it, for anyone to do it really. “I’m not your CO anymore Kyle, go ahead give it your best shot fire- boy.”
Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

OOC- Kyle has red eyes

~Kyle~

“I’m not your CO anymore Kyle, go ahead give it your best shot fire- boy.” Liz says to me and I almost laugh. I know Liz better than I know myself most of the time and she knows me. She knows my temper gets the best of me sometimes and now she is trying to piss me off.

“I guess that’s the difference between you and me. I don’t kill my own kind for petty human emotions.” My eyes flicker to the dark headed boy standing behind the larger of the two and then back to Liz.

“Besides killing you would give you relief. I want you alive. I want you to know that you killed us the moment you opened those doors. I want you to have to live a long life with that knowledge.” I don’t know why she opened those doors; I do however believe it has something to do with that boy. I do know for sure it was her who opened the doors. She was the only one that would have done it besides me
~Tolkien~

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Liz

“I guess that’s the difference between you and me. I don’t kill my own kind for petty human emotions.” He says and I practically hiss at him when I say “Shut Up!” he doesn’t know anything.

“Besides killing you would give you relief. I want you alive. I want you to know that you killed us the moment you opened those doors. I want you to have to live a long life with that knowledge.” He then says, so he wants to try and play the guilt factor, well too can play at the game. I quickly get a hold on my anger. I was always really good at controlling my emotions.

So it is with a perfectly neutral expression that I say, “Yes, I opened the doors, Kyle, but who started the fire that burned them alive? Do you hear there screams in your sleep? That fire didn’t just appear out of thin air. At least I gave them a chance to run, you turned our home into hell.”
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I stand stunned as another cat-eyed teenager from Manticore comes in. This one starts a fire over his hand, protecting the guy but inviting Michael to kill the girl. He calls her Liz. Nobody seems at all surprised or concerned about the fire.

I remember them. They were being trained as soldiers. They could do astonishing things. I forgot about that. Their speed and strength. I wasn't meant to see it but I did. I can't believe I let her go. I should have stopped her when I had the chance. Why couldn't I?

She calls him Kyle and they start to argue. It's hard to follow what they're on about. Human emotions? They're not human. She had no emotions when she was trying to invade my mind. She had no emotions when she was inviting me to kill her. She's a machine.

“Besides killing you would give you relief. I want you alive. I want you to know that you killed us the moment you opened those doors. I want you to have to live a long life with that knowledge,”
Kyle says.

Liz opened the doors? I glance at Michael in confusion. He'd told me how they'd tried so often to get in, finally only managing by disabling the alarm system and dressing up like the soldier kids. They used their powers on the locks but nobody knew why all the doors opened at once.

*Michael* (temping)

This girl opened the doors? I was so scared when that happened, thinking all those soldier kids would be after us. I was wrong, 'though. They were trying to escape and it kept the guards busy trying to stop them. We might not have made it out without that distraction.

“Yes, I opened the doors, Kyle, but who started the fire that burned them alive? Do you hear there screams in your sleep? That fire didn’t just appear out of thin air. At least I gave them a chance to run, you turned our home into hell,” Liz says.

"I did," I say, my voice harsh. "I started the fire when I blew up the computer system and the records room." That's what I'd always believed. I'd seen it burning, although it was small at the time. I needed to destroy all the records they had about Max and the rest of us. It just spread after that, didn't it? Although I do remember that at the end, the fire was an odd color -- bluish purple not red, orange and yellow. I thought it was because of strange chemicals that might have been stored inside but this kid's flame seems to be exactly the same color. Maybe he started another fire? Or did something to make my fire bigger?

As for everyone dying and screaming, I couldn't care about that. They were enemy agents who were hurting Max. I was GLAD they were dying. That way they couldn't chase us again. Except here they are, following me to my job. I don't understand why they're fighting with each other and ignoring me and Max. Maybe I should let them kill each other?

Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

~Kyle~

"I started the fire when I blew up the computer system and the records room." The guy with his hand up says. I smile at that. He’s a little cocky isn’t he? He thinks his little explosion light the place up in seconds?

“I light the fire.” I say to the boy and then to Liz. “When you opened the doors you let us ALL out. When the guards couldn’t get us under control they started shooting. I killed as many as I could but it wasn’t enough. The guards needed a distraction. I light the fire. I gave as many of them as I could a chance to get away before the bullets hit them. I saved more than I killed. Can you say the same thing?”

I let the fire die out of my hand. I’m done here. “We should go Alex…” I say gesturing to the door. I’m ready to get the hell out of here but I’ll be damn if I go before I know Alex is safe.
~Tolkien~

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I'm watching the fire over Kyle's hand. I don't like it. We're semi-private here but what if someone comes in? They'd notice and the FBI would -- but no. THEY're the FBI, or the military or both. So why aren't they trying to stop us?

Kyle takes credit for the fire that Michael started and again says that 'Liz' opened the doors. I raise my hand to put it out the fire but Kyle does something and stops it himself. It was a strange kind of fire. I wonder if it would have felt the same way as a regular fire when I put it out.

He says he's leaving with 'Alex.' I'm not sure I like that, either. Where are they going? Are they going to tell others where we are? "You're not leaving, yet," I say, moving forward again. Then I turn to Liz.

"You opened the doors? You helped me? Why?" I ask, more confused than before. "You were helping them."

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Isabel~

Without thinking about it, I found myself heading towards the Crash for the third time today. I can't keep from thinking about the horror we felt when Max was captured and all I find myself doing is checking up on the others, even if it is done without letting them know I'm checking on them. I still keep thinking back to that night when we finally managed to get Max out after repeatedly trying to. I remember the flames behind us as we left with Max, how Michael, Tess and I were at a loss about whether Max would be alright. I still don't know everything he went through while he was there, he doesn't seem to want to talk about it, but I'm scared for him. I fear what would happen if they found him again, and I'm scared about what would happen if they found us.

In one of the dream walks that I did, the one where I found out where he was, he had seemed so out of it. I know that if not for the drugged state I wouldn't have been able to find him, but it still haunts me to think about what might have happened, what I didn't know.

Glancing at the time on my car clock, I note that Max should be out of work which means he should be at the Crash. This time, I would get out of the car and head in rather then just drive by and look for signs of trouble. Climbing out of the car, I walk into the cafe'. The first thing I realize is I don't see Max sitting at our usual table. The second thing I realize is I don't see Michael looking out through the kitchen window.

The next thing I know Agnes grabs my arm and looks at me, "Your brother has gone mad Isabel. He's in the back..."

Nodding, I step away and the first thing I do is grab my cell and call Tess' phone. When I get the voice mail I say simply, "Tess, your needed at the Crash now. I think we have a problem." In case something really was wrong and we needed her to make people forget, I needed her there. I just hoped that there wasn't really a problem.

Walking towards the door that led to the back room, I drew in a deep breath and opened the door, looking around to take in the scene around me. What the hell? Three strangers were standing there, one really close to the door and the other two standing there in a stance that causes me to shiver. "What is going on?" I make myself ask as I keep my hand at my side although I'm already working on letting some energy build. If there's anyone here planning to harm my family, they've got another thing coming.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.