the making of pictures.

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

the making of pictures.

Post by ken_r »

I have been trying to study the rules for making pictures posted on the first page of a story. Looking at most of the pictures they seem to be renditions from the internet using PhotoShop to change the picture to fit the story. I understand the 500x550 pixles rule. I think that is what you call it. I am pretty good with PhotoShop so that is no problem. I understand using photobucket, I think. As long as my cobbled up picture is neat and in good taste what else do I need to know.

ken r
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Bordersinsanity »

that's pretty much it. If you have any doubts feel free to send them to me before posting.

good luck.
Jen
<center>Image
Archives | Rules | Plagiarism | Fundraising</center>
carter13
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by carter13 »

at the risk of sounding dumb, how do u make the pictures? ive seen so many great art works, but ive never figured out how to actally make the work!! help

sam
-x-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

pictures

Post by ken_r »

To post you need some program that will size the picture to the 550 pixels wide by 500 pixels tall. most of the pictures are taken from the internet or places like http://roswell-thepromise.com/.

then you need a art program the best of course is Adobe PhotoShop. it is expensive and hard to use. i have spent 6 years learning it. there is a free program called gimp you can find it http://www.gimp.org/. there are many that use it and do good work. it just takes practice and asking questions of someon whose work you like.

http://p072.ezboard.com/froswellheavenf ... D=25.topic

these are my pictures and i use Photoshop and Daz 3d program and much practice. Try to find gimp and give it a try.

ken R

Rosdude is a very good artist. there are many others.

Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

I am a newbie at fanart and have GIMP and Paint Shop Pro X......I LOVE Gimp.....it was a free program and does most of the minor stuff that Photoshop does and the art looks fantastic. If you are curious to see the range of GIMP....Dreamerlaure is an expert with the program and does most of her art and banners with it.....like Ken said Fanart takes major time and practice. The stuff you see on most of banners has taken the artist ALOT of practice. But my suggestion is to download GIMP and then just start messing around with the different brushes and see what you think.

PS: The Siggie posted here was my first siggie banner on GIMP.
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Hi! :)

Becky that's nice of you to say, but I am by no means an expert :oops: I've only been playing around in my program for the past six months; I don't even consider myself an amateur :?

carter13 If you are interested in starting fanart, I'd recommend just what the other people above me have said, which is downloading one of the programs and seeing what you think of it. PSP and PS all have free trials of the programs that last a month, and GIMP is free. I've also seen some incredible art come out of PS elements and ARCsoft Studio. However, don't get discouraged if your art doesn't come out the way you want it to or even like other people's work. Everyone is at a different level and everyone's program has different capabilities, and limitations. But as long as you're having fun learning and mastering tecniques, it can be enjoyable too.

If you do decide to go with one of these programs, then maybe follow a few tutorials to get your feet wet in making "things" Most of all, have fun :D
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

This discussion probably fits better in the multimedia section. You'll find more fanartists there who can help you.
carter13
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by carter13 »

thanks guys, ill do that.(well, give it a try anyway!!!) lol

sam
-x-