Music Roswell Introduced You To

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Ivy was a big fall for me. I heard "Bye Bye Baby" and "Undertow" in HoM and I was hooked forever. I also fell head over heels with Emiliana Torrini, for "Wednesday's Child" and have tried to get a hold of as much by her as I can. But I agree, Pinky Banana, the original music on Roswell was definitely a star point. I investigated almost every artist that caught my ear during the show, and that was nearly 90% of them... Badly Drawn Boy, Folk Implosion, Lifehouse, so many loves.
Pinky Banana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Pinky Banana »

cardinalgirl, I like "Undertow" so much. That is one of my ultimate top favorite songs from the show, along with "Brave New World" by Richard Ashcroft, "Let Me In" by Save Ferris, "Crash Into Me" by the Dave Matthews Band, "Perfect Memory" by Remy Zero, "Trouble" by Coldplay, "With You" by Linkin Park and of course the great "Here With Me" by Dido.

There are a bunch of other songs during the three seasons without which certain scenes just aren't the same and I can't accept them. That's why my co-worker is burning some of my Roswell tapes to disc for me even though I've bought all three dvd releases. It's a shame all the original music isn't included. For instance, Max and Liz's first kiss in Heatwave without Gomez' "We Haven't Turned Around" is incomprehensible! - as is the scene in EOTW when Max sees Liz and Kyle without "The Egg" by Windsor For The Derby, etc., etc.
"Earth has become infected. You're no longer safe there. Get off the planet now."
- Larek
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Music Roswell Introduced You To

Post by StarJet »

Mainly Sarah McLachlan and Third Eye Blind. I just loooove "Never Let You Go". :D
My PSP is full of Roswell music. I even have a seperate folder for it. ;)
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

I definitely discovered a lot of individual songs because of Roswell, but one artist that I really discovered because of Roswell was James William Hindle. I really like his music.
Titch22
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Titch22 »

Definetley Linken Park. I had never heard of them befor but I'm a huge fan now.
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Oh! Did anyone see that ITunes now has Majandra's 2 CD's...:D

I recently fell in love with Satellite by Steve Reynolds, the song that they inserted into the Heat Wave kiss scene on the DVD's.
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

DreamerLaure wrote:I recently fell in love with Satellite by Steve Reynolds, the song that they inserted into the Heat Wave kiss scene on the DVD's.
Me too! As blasphemous as that is that we like the song that replaced the Gomez original. I also liked the song All Will Break by Last Days of April which is the song they put in the Sexual Healing when Max and Liz kiss in the kitchen. Took me ages to find it though :roll:
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Anchespatoon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anchespatoon »

Iam quite new to this board and actually this is my first post (hope u dont mind).

I explored Ivy and Majandra of course (and a lot of other music such as Gomez, Sarah McLachlan...). Since then i tried to get albums of this two singers, but this is very difficult cause iam from germany.

Does anybody know where i can get the song "Undertow"?
Or where i can order Majandra Music (from Europe)?
Kachie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kachie »

I'm obsessed with David Grey's "My Oh My" (Max and Liz saying goodbye in The Departure) and Buva's "I Fall Asleep" (early in season 2 when Max touches Liz on the arm outside the Crashdown and she gets all the images of the two of them)

I also still listen to the MP3 I have from when the episode first came out of Maria's version of "In the Air Tonight." I wish they had made a full version available of it somewhere.
Don't ask where I'm going, just listen when I've gone. - "Corner of the Sky" Pippin