Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

carter13
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by carter13 »

cardinalgirl wrote:
carter13 wrote:i agree, but it annoyed me with the fact that you woulda thought that max new liz better than that, how could he believe that a girl that would jump off a bridge for him, that lied to her parents for him, would suddenly jump into bed with her X.

sam
-x-
Especially when he obviously didn't believe her, as he kept telling her again and again. :?
exactly!! and yet, even though he "didnt believe her" he slept with tess!!
Pinky Banana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Pinky Banana »

I want to jump in here before reading all the posts for this interesting topic. Off the top of my head - I really didn't agree with Liz not telling PMax (Present Max) all about FMax (Future Max). Why would she lie to her soulmate??? Perhaps some will say that FMax was her soulmate too, but actually he wasn't. He was a possible future version of the person she loved. That's just not the same thing. Liz and Max could have put their heads together - in fact all the gang could have gotten in on this - to decide what should be done, if anything, about Tess staying or leaving according to what FMax said. The 'break-up' of M/L was the weak engine that drove Season 2 and it just didn't ring true. I did like a lot about S2 and Liz is still and always my favorite character but there were some things I didn't like about the season and Liz's lie in this case tops the list.

I like Max too but I was wondering if he had a pulse during most of S2. I wanted him to develop an edginess because of what happened to him in the White Room. Just a small touch of 'Zan' in his personality. At the very least I wanted him to cut loose in VLV. If he was going to get inexplicably wild that was the episode to do it in but it just didn't happen.

And come on. You know Zan should have gotten more than 3 minutes of screen time. You know you wanted Liz and Max to interact with him.

And this next thing is nothing against the actress Emilie de Ravin and no offense intended against Rebels but…if we had to have the Other Woman, does anyone else think Tess should have appeared to be more of a threat to Liz for Max’s affection. I just think that Tess had this little girl demeanor and beside Max looked like his baby sister, such that I couldn’t buy that they had loved each other during their Antarian lives the way Larek described. Since this was a big storyline it bothered me constantly because it didn’t seem true. Maybe if Tess’ hair had been styled differently – long and straight like she had it in VLV – it would have helped. It would have been interesting to see some aspects of Liz’s personality in Tess to show how Max could feel some genuine, not forced, attraction to her.
"Earth has become infected. You're no longer safe there. Get off the planet now."
- Larek
carter13
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by carter13 »

totally agree with everything Pinky Banana! specially where zan should have got more screen time. would have like to see his and liz's interaction. maybe have max jealous of there 'friendship' or there interaction.

sam
-x-
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

5.Isabel dating Grant right after she told Alex she had to break up with him because she couldn't be with anyone right at the moment.

4. The way they just dropped the whole Amy/Jim flirting.They were cute.

3.No one ever taking in the fact that maybe the reason why Michael is so closed off and not liking to show his feelings is the fact he was raised by a bastard in a hell hole.One where showing emotion might get him laughed at or worse hit.Things like that damages a kid...even if he's half alien

2.Isabel getting married in only a year after her soulmate was killed.

1.Making Tess not only evil and Alex's killer but just when you think Kyle and Tess are about to start something (Vegas and Christmas ep) they yank the rug out from under us lamptrimmers and have her and Max hook up :roll:
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

Post by StarJet »

Hm... Let's say any scenes that brought Liz and Max apart. Like a major part of the second season. :(
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Ok I didn't read this thread so please don't yell at me if it's been mentioned before but I saw the thread name and had to mention this:

When the baby supposedly couldn't breath in earth's atmosphere....

UNBORN BABIES DON'T BREATHE!!!
RoninBehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoninBehr »

LOL
Zanity wrote:UNBORN BABIES DON'T BREATHE!!!
I agree with you on that...you know actually I didn't care for the whole sci-fi aspect of second season...I was more focused on the relationships rather than alien tramps moving into town :wink:

~RoninBehr
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice, it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

-William Jennings Bryan
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by StarJet »

RoninBehr wrote:LOL
I agree with you on that...you know actually I didn't care for the whole sci-fi aspect of second season...I was more focused on the relationships rather than alien tramps moving into town :wink:

~RoninBehr
Don't they breathe? Not breathing through the nose, but there must be some way that babies receive Oxygen, so maybe Tess meant that Oxygen is poisonous for the alien or something. :twisted:
That or Tess is a dumb idiot. Preferably the latter. :D
RoninBehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoninBehr »

lol we'll just go with Tess being dumb :lol:

~RoninBehr
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice, it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

-William Jennings Bryan
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ansleyrocks »

StarJet wrote:
RoninBehr wrote:LOL

~RoninBehr
Don't they breathe? Not breathing through the nose, but there must be some way that babies receive Oxygen, so maybe Tess meant that Oxygen is poisonous for the alien or something. :twisted:
That or Tess is a dumb idiot. Preferably the latter. :D
Babies breathe in a way but the oxygen should not have been a problem. Babies get their "air" through the mother's blood which converts the "air" in a way so that it is safe for the baby; the cord. This is why when the cord is twisted the baby can die becasue the blood flow is cut off. In theory if Tess can breathe oxygen the baby would have to as well and that since Tess's body natually produces oxygen Tess was the one who actually was killing baby zan.