Polarism: Defy Convention ~ 2006

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

catdog-runs-fast
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Somewhere South Of Mexico If My Broken Compass Is Correct

Post by catdog-runs-fast »

i could see them together but for me it will always be Michael and Maria
Last edited by catdog-runs-fast on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wheels will soon be made of ells!
You say it won’t ever happen? – No one believed the man who said the earth was round either!
A wise person once asked a very wise question - do you believe in otters?
Peachykin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Peachykin »

catdog-runs-fast wrote:i could see them together but for me it will always me Michael and Maria
So... You're point in being here is to say... what? You're Candy? Wow. Thanks. You being Candy makes me want to be Candy... Oh wait. It doesn't.

*facepalm* Why?
Polar, Xtremer, Drifter. Michael. Alec. Dean. Unapologetic. Flawed. And you know... real men.
carter13
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re:

Post by carter13 »

NikkiA wrote:I still love M&M though. *ducks thrown debre* I mean UC is great (and fun!) but everybody's gotta support some kinda CC. I'm just into everybody lovin everybody (except for the whole Max/Isabel thing. That's creepy!) And Micheal deserves all the lovin' he can get! <G>

Peace Out,
Nicole
lol. i love polar. it was the first fic i read and ive stuck with it ever since. i agree with NikkiA though. u do kinda have to suport some kinda CC. guess mines max n liz, but i do prefere UC. and ive gotta admit, liz/alec and liz/dean are both coming close, but nothing could replace michael and liz :D
catdog-runs-fast
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Somewhere South Of Mexico If My Broken Compass Is Correct

Re: Polarism: Defy Convention ~ 2006

Post by catdog-runs-fast »

i just realised that what i wrote might have not made sense and looking back it doesnt even make much sense to me.

i've read quite a few Liz and Michael stories, but they tend to be when maria is an annoying nag or a five year old or when she's dead but if none of those things are the case i prefer her with Michael pretty much because of what Peachykin said.

remember when michael stole liz's diary and when she visted in the trailer park the first time? i liked those scenes and fics that seem to have the kind of... air(i can't think of the word)... about them.
Wheels will soon be made of ells!
You say it won’t ever happen? – No one believed the man who said the earth was round either!
A wise person once asked a very wise question - do you believe in otters?
ladygloria
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladygloria »

catdog, I'm confused, not on the you liking candy because that's a personal preference as all shipping is, but on what you mean. Could you explain?
Polarattraction.net: Where there are 820 reasons and counting to envy Michael Guerin....
Cinder
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Cinder »

Let's bring this back around to the topic...the love of the polar couple, not whether or not you are polar. We don't care.

Some of my current favorite polar stories are:

-Nothing Else Matters by Queenie
Summary: Canon through Chant Down Babylon. Michael takes extreme measures to keep Liz safe.

-Crossing the Line by DarkVixen
Summary: Set as the group is getting ready to graduate from high school. Michael did leave after Hank disappeared. He's come back a few years later but he's not alone and he's not the same man he was.

-Vertigo by kerri
Summary: After Tess falls pregnant and the pod squad leave, the gang is left to pick up the pieces. How do they react when they come face to face with those who haunt their dreams after nearly eight years?

-Chains of Reality by ladygloria
Summary: Another challenge fic, this one from Sara (muse). Hold on to your hats boys and girls, I promise a summary will come as soon as I think of one. Oh yes, and this story will be completely from one person's POV...that should be different. Can you guess who?
Life is a zoo in a jungle.
Peter De Vries
ladygloria
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladygloria »

LOL, yes ma'am miss K! Great choices dear (although there is one up there that I'd disagree with, but what's the point). This is why you are my PT, btw.

My favorite polar stories of the moment that I've not already favorited because some are just classics and we all know them are:

Unclosed by theotherwillow
Dazed by theotherwillow (can we just say chapter one was OMG)
When Dreams Change by whimsicality (new author, great start)
Polarattraction.net: Where there are 820 reasons and counting to envy Michael Guerin....
Cinder
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Cinder »

Thanks for the recs, L. :)

I love theotherwillow's stories.

I am definitely going to look into the new polar story. I love to see new ones pop up.

Thanks, PT. :D Oh and that story ABSOLUTELY belongs to the list. COR is awesome.
Life is a zoo in a jungle.
Peter De Vries
KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KiaraAlexisKlay »

OMG, I love Polar so much.

They are the original Unconventional couple because they make the most sense, and with some of those hints and the chemistry between Brendan and Shiri in those first few episodes, you knew that there was this something that could grow into a real attraction and great relationship later on if given a chance.

Like I've said before, before I watched all of Roswell (I'm a late fan, only became a fan after the dvds came out and i was bored and had just finished all my DA and alias seasons) I thought that Liz and Michael would have been great together and then there was Heat Wave and I was like "No!"

And I have nothing against Candy except that I think like most of the CC relationships, it got messed over end of S2 and the mess that was S3.

Queenie, Romantic Heart, Darkvixen, ladygloria, theotherwillow, Peachykin, and Dimensia have got to be my fave polar authors of all time! Their work is awe inspiring and kinda fearful, cause with that to compare to, my own pitiful attempts to write polar seem .....well pitiful.

Although, shameless plug, I have some great little drabbles in the UC thread called Polar Promises that would be a nice read....and of course, my crossover heart couldn't stand the lack of polar crossovers so wrote a little DA crossover that is definitely polar that is looking to shape up into something quite different than I thought it would be.

banner made by RoswellOracle!
ladygloria
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladygloria »

KiaraAlexisKlay wrote:Queenie, Romantic Heart, Darkvixen, ladygloria, theotherwillow, Peachykin, and Dimensia have got to be my fave polar authors of all time! Their work is awe inspiring and kinda fearful, cause with that to compare to, my own pitiful attempts to write polar seem .....well pitiful.
My dear, they are not pitiful at all, at least not the drabbles that I read. And I feel strangely embarrased and joyful at being included in such a fabulous group of authors. They make me feel the EXACT same way because their dedication to writing and storytelling is just awe-inspiring. I have rarely read authors that make me feel as much as they do. Heck, in some of their cases, I'd read things from them that I'd never read in real life (like romance). I'm more of an action/mystery/adventure/sci-fi girl and love to delve into people's heads (as if you can't tell by some of the things I have attempted to write) and tend to stick to those types of books when I read.

As for all of your other points, I agree. I always found the dynamics interesting and truly had nothing against candy until they were totally messed up (along with all characters in general) by the end of season 2 and season 3. I just never FELT the Candy love or sizzle (and thought that ultimately such a relationship with their backgrounds and personality would be doomed but that's my inner psychologist speaking up), but I do believe everyone has the right to their own tastes, thus why this board is so popular huh?