DISTORTED REALITIES (contains stories #1 and #2) [COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Part Fifteen: Eskimo Kisses

Max groaned loudly and burrowed farther under his blanket. It had done the unheard of yesterday. It had started snowing. In Roswell! And he was refusing to get out of his bed until it was as warm outside it as it was in it!

He heard a thunk against his window and immediately tossed his covers back, ready to face an intruder. But then the cold air hit him and he shivered, grabbing his sheets and comforter until he was bundled up again. Then he glared at his window, which was covered in snow from a well-aimed snowball.

Laughter echoed from outside his house, and his ears perked up, recognizing the laugh as Liz’s. What was she doing up on a day like this? Oh well, he couldn’t let her freeze to death alone.

Steeling himself he threw away the covers and jumped out of the bed, heading without delay to his closet, which held his warmest (and ugliest) sweaters. He decided being a fashion victim didn’t matter on a horrid day like this.

When he was properly bundled up (which meant four shirts, two sweaters, long underwear, flannel pants, jeans, three pairs of wool socks, boots, a winter (fleece-lined) coat, a scarf Liz had made him when she first learned to knit, and a hat that covered his ears), he trundled outside to find his girlfriend up to her elbows in snow, building a fort.
<><><><>

She stared out the window of her upstairs room, watching her brother and his girlfriend and their juvenile behavior. They were building a fort. Next thing, they’d probably make snow angels or have a snowball fight. It was all so…third grade.

“Izzy?”

Isabel turned away and looked at her mother inquisitively. “Yeah, Mom?”

Her mom came to stand beside her and she watched the wackos outside too. She started chuckling and Isabel glanced at her, her own mouth quirking upward. Her mom’s blue eyes were crinkled with laughter. “I’m surprised your brother managed to make it out of bed the way he was carrying on earlier.”

“I know.” Isabel rolled her eyes. “But Liz was outside, so of course he went. You wouldn’t catch me out in this weather.” She crossed her arms over her pink sweater and tossed her long blond hair.

“Remember when he and Liz were nine and he-”

“Mom!” she interrupted, “Please don’t talk about that! It was so traumatizing to see that!”

“Oh Izzy…” her mother laughed.

“What did you come up here for?” she asked, knowing she was being rude, but wanting to get away from the topic of December 1992. It was still a sore subject for her. She couldn’t believe Max had done that-

“Alex called.”

“What?” she demanded, “When?”

“When you were in the shower,” her mom said, smiling knowingly.

“Well, what did he want?”

“He wanted to know if you might be interested in joining him at the skating rink at 12:00 and then do an early dinner. I told him you’d call him back.”

Isabel shrieked and flew to her portable phone, forgetting about her mom. “Alex?” she asked breathlessly, “Hi! I would absolutely love to go skating with you today! Um-hmm…” She listened to him talk about their plans for the day, smiling happily and feeling very childish and giddy suddenly.
<><><><>

Liz crawled into the fort after Max, and they lay on the snow covered ground, not really feeling the cold and wet at the moment. But then again, body heat was the best kind there was. She giggled and propped herself up, leaning down to kiss him deeply. His warmth welcomed hers and his hand came around to brace the back of her head, making it so that she couldn’t move away from him. Not like she wanted to…

Her long brown hair fell around them like a shield, protecting them from the incoming snow. They hadn’t put a roof on their fort, as they had learned the hard way that that wasn’t a good idea. In fact, they had received a long lecture from their parents about the danger of snow that time in fourth grade.

She giggled, remembering the incident clearly. Isabel had been livid, their mothers had been worried sick (kissing and hugging them until they were blue in the face, and not from the cold), and the fathers had looked at them sternly and explained how if the ceiling had fallen they could have been killed…

“What’s so funny?” Max asked her.

“I was thinking about that one time when we were little, and I just got that new parka and it had just snowed-”

“No!”

“What?”

“Don’t you dare bring that up!” he told her, his face turning red.

“It was cute,” she told him, kissing his cheek.

“I try not to think about it,” he told her seriously, “In fact, I don’t even remember it at all. It’s just a blur.”

“Do you remem-“

“No.”

“Well,” she huffed, staring to move away, “Someone's got ice in their pants.”

“Liz!” he protested, tugging her back down. She pouted, and he caught her bottom lip in a kiss. She soon forgot what they were talking about and kissed him back. “I can assure you, “ he murmured, turning his head to suck on an earlobe that had escaped her headband. She gasped, moaning his name. “There is no ice in my pants, though you may wish there had been…”

He drew her down further, so that he was laying across her, bodies tight against one another. Her eyes widened as she realized he was aroused, and she couldn’t believe she could feel it through what she knew was layers of clothes. “Max…” she whispered.

“Hmm?” he inquired, tugging on the zipper of her jacket, trying to reach her neck.

“My father’s home!” she hissed, “We can’t…”

He stopped kissing her, and his body went limp with defeat. Presently, he rolled over. “I know,” he said, “But you were looking all sexy with that bottom lip, I just couldn’t help myself.” He smiled at her, and she melted, snuggling back up to him.

“You’re forgiven,” she announced. She felt his response as a kiss to the top of her head. They were quiet for awhile, but then Liz decided to provoke him some more. “Some blizzard for March, huh?”

“I’d say,” he grumbled.

“Worse than that December-”

“Jebus freezus!” he shouted, sitting bolt upright, “Can’t you just drop it?”

“Nope,” she replied, grinning.
<><><><>

Max wandered around his yard. He had come to the decision to see Liz. She had been his best friend for a little over a year now, and she was fun. Sometimes, he even managed to forget she was a girl.

“What’cha doin’?” he asked when he spotted her. She was scooping up the good, packing snow (and he knew it was good, because he’d nailed Valenti with it earlier that week), and making something.

“Making an igloo,” she said matter-of-factly, allowing her attention to be distracted for a moment.

“An igloo?” he repeated. Cool, at least she wasn’t doing some stupid girlie thing like making snow angels. “Why?”

“Because Inuits live in them,” she explained to him.

“Inuits?”

She gave a little sigh of exasperation and turned to him, mittened hands on her hips. “They’re an Eskimo tribe, my Grandma Claudia stayed with them. She told me all about it.”

“Cool,” he conceded, “Can I help?”

“No,” she told him.

“And why not?” he challenged.

“Because you’re not dressed properly, duh,” she said.

“Dressed properly?”

“Yeah, you know, you’re not wearing the right clothes.” At his befuddled expression she relented. “See,” she twirled, showing off her fur-lined parka, “My Grandma sent this to me. It’s what Eskimos wear, and you have to be an Eskimo to live in an igloo.”

Max digested this information and was struck by an idea. “I’ll be right back!” he told her, and then rushed back to his house.
<><><><>

Liz stared after him wondering what he was doing. Did he have to go to the bathroom? Because her mom always said you had to do that before you put on all the winter things…

She gave a little laugh when he came out again, but she didn’t let him hear. He was wearing what looked like Isabel’s coat. It was a bright pink, with white fur lining the hood.

“Will this work?” he asked, face red, whether from the exertion of a quick change or from embarrassment, she wasn’t sure.

“I guess…”

An hour later their igloo was complete and they stared at it, walking around and inspecting every angle, brushing off a little snow there, a little snow here…until they were completely satisfied with their creation.

“What now?” Max asked her.

She shrugged. “Grandma Claudia said they go ice fishing and hunt and stuff.”

“But we can’t do any of that stuff,” he said, wrinkling his nose. They were silent for a little longer, both wondering what they could do.

“Dog races?” Liz suggested, but then shook her head, “No dogs, no sleds…”

“I have a cat,” Max offered, “But she’s not allowed outside.”

Liz shook her head to that too. “No.” She stared at all their hard work. “I suppose we could go in it,” she decided, “We could play house.”

Max rolled his eyes. “House is for girls!”

“I am a girl!” she retorted, “And besides, I don’t see you coming up with any bright ideas!”

He turned red and crossed his arms, glaring at her. “Fine,” he agreed through gritted teeth.

She smiled, assured of victory, and crawled into the igloo, Max following. “You get to be the wife,” she told him.’’

“What?” he questioned loudly, then came an “Ow” as he hit his head on the ceiling, “No way!”

“You’re wearing pink,” she pointed out, “That’s a girl color.”

“But you're a girl!” he cried.

“Fine,” she said, “If you’re going to be such a big baby about it, I'll be the wife.” She lifted her head to his expectantly.

“What are you doing?” he asked suspiciously.

“You’re supposed to kiss me hello,” she told him.

“Eww!” he exclaimed, “No way! I’ll get cooties!”

“Max! We’re husband and wife, our parents don’t have cooties, do they?”

He was quiet, “I never thought of that.”

“And anyway, it’s not even on the lips, it’s just an Eskimo kiss.”

“Eskimo kiss?”

“You rub noses,” she enlightened him.

“Oh.” They looked at each other, then hesitantly leaned forward, brushing their noses together. “Your nose is cold,” he told her when they pulled apart.

She giggled, “Yours is red.” They smiled at each other and leaned forward again.
<><><><>

Isabel watched furiously as her mother frantically pulled on her boots. She had spotted Max and Liz from the kitchen window and had tattled to her mother. Mainly because Max was wearing her new coat! But her mom had freaked out and started hollering about unstable snow and being buried alive.

He was probably getting snow all over it! Didn’t he know things as nice as that coat weren’t meant to be played in?

She’d give him a harsh talking to when Momma dragged him back into the house. She glared as Momma and Mrs. Parker ran outside all frazzled, trying to save their precious babies, the nerve of him…Ooh…
<><><><>

“You just had to bring that up,” he sighed.

“Of course,” she retorted gleefully, “You just looked so cute in pink!”

“That’s it, Parker,” he growled playfully, pulling her down on top of him.

“And what are you gonna do about it, Evans?” she asked as their lips got closer.

“Liz.”

They pulled apart and he groaned. Mr. Parker was giving him the ‘Look’. “Hi Daddy. What’s up?”

“Agnes called in sick, I need you to take her shift. That okay?”

“Fine.” She looked down at him and gave him an Eskimo kiss, her cold nose rubbing against his own. “Bye Max!” she called as she got up and linked arms with her father, walking away.

He lay there for a couple more minutes before getting up himself. His jeans were soaked through and he suspected he was getting a head cold. What on earth had possessed him to go outside on a day like this?

His mom opened the door to let him in, a steaming mug of hot cocoa in her hands. “Here you go, baby,” she said, smiling in that motherly way of hers, “Drink this, get out of those cold clothes, and then you take a nice, long, hot shower and crawl back into bed.”

“Thanks, Momma.”
<><><><>
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Part Sixteen: Hershey's Kisses

Liz lay in her bed for a while, toying with the hem of her lavender sheets. She was having a problem with conflicting emotions. One being that she was seventeen today, and she was happy about that. The other one was confusion.

Max hadn’t said anything about her birthday all month. Not even when she’d subtly hinted at it yesterday night when they were making out. She was starting to wonder if maybe he had forgotten. But he’d never do that. Right?

She shook her head fiercely. He was probably planning a big surprise for her. He wouldn’t have forgotten. There was no way.

And with that she threw back her covers decisively. Getting up, she then made her bed and grabbed Lil’ Max from where he had fallen during the night. “It’s our anniversary,” she told him, “I’ve had you for a whole year.” He just stared at her. She shrugged and started getting ready.

In the shower, she meticulously lathered, rinsed, and repeated with her vanilla shampoo and conditioner, then she soaped her body up with strawberry scented body wash, and carefully shaved her legs. She didn’t want any cuts, bumps, or dry skin.

She refused to look anything other than perfect today.

When she was done, she towel-dried herself and let her long hair begin to air-dry. She spread her strawberry moisturizing lotion all over to make her skin soft and smooth, and then began to blow-dry her hair straight. Max liked her hair straight.

Then she went to her closet and stared at her clothes. What did she want to wear on this, her special day? She pulled out a dark, royal blue sweater and held it up in front of her, facing the full-length mirror. Nodding, she set it aside on her bed and searched for the pair of black leather pants Maria had made her buy. She’d never worn them before, but she’d dare losing her patented ‘innocent’ look for just one day.

She pulled her clothes on and started with her make-up. As usual, she went light on the eye shadow and blush, but made sure her lips were shiny and pink and would stay that way for the rest of the day.

Liz brushed out her brown hair, trying to decide what to do with it. Max preferred it down, but did it go with her outfit? Deciding it didn’t matter, she left it down and grabbed her shoes. Maria had also forced her to buy them. Luckily they weren’t too high, but they’d definitely make it so the top of her head reached Max’s nose instead of his chin.

A horn beeped from outside and her father yelled up to her, “Max is here!”

“Coming!” she shouted back. She gave herself a once over, spritzed on some Victoria’s Secret Strawberry & Champagne body spray, found her book bag, tread carefully down the stairs, and kissed her dad’s cheek. “Bye!” she called, before he could protest her pants, and shut the door.

“Don’t you look nice,” Max commented as she joined him in the Jeep, he smiled sexily, “What’s the occasion?” She froze and looked at him. He raised an eyebrow, not comprehending the reason for her sudden sad face. “Hey? You okay?” he asked worriedly. She nodded and meekly accepted his good-morning kiss. Then she slumped into the passenger seat and stared out the window despondently all the way to school.

He hadn’t remembered.
<><><><>

Max slung an arm around his girl as they walked to their lockers. She was stiff, yet slumped, and sad looking, yet incredibly hot. He hadn’t even known she owned a pair of leather pants!

He also didn’t know how she could ever think that he’d forgotten her birthday.

He was a man with a plan, one with collaborators who were more than willing to keep up his charade. Isabel nodded at him as they passed her, Tish, and Tess. He grinned, Phase A complete.

Max looked forward to Maria and Alex, who smiled and winked respectively. “Uh, Liz, I have to use the bathroom. I’ll meet you in class, okay?”

“Okay,” she agreed glumly. He hid a smile and kissed her cheek. Then he headed to the men’s room, leaving his friends to finish Phase B.

“She buyin’ it?”

“Yeah.” He looked at Michael, frowning. “She looks so sad though, I’ve never-”

“Suck it up Maxwell,” Michael told him gruffly, “If you insist on doing all this romantic crap in the name of your energy source, giving the rest of us males bad names in the process by the way, the least you could do is go through with it.”

“I know,” he said, “It’s just we’ve always celebrated her birthday together. Just the two of us. All day, non-stop fun. And now that we’re going out, it’s different. We can’t just go to the movies or the Crashdown. I have to make it special.”

“Did she say you had to?”

“No, but-”

“Stop,” Michael interrupted, “You mean to tell me you’ve put all of us through hell for the past two weeks, caused Maria to start riding ass about ‘proper boyfriend etiquette’ as she terms it, planning your surprise, and you didn’t have to do it?”

Max just stared at him blankly. The warning bell rang. “Gotta go!” he announced quickly, dashing out the door. Whew! Saved by the bell.
<><><><>

“So, Max didn’t say anything?” she asked again. Maria and Alex just shook their heads. Liz sighed and banged her head against her locker. “I can’t believe he forgot.”

“I’m sure he didn’t chica,” Maria soothed, “Maybe he’s just trying to find the right time to say it.”

“Right time?” she scoffed, “How hard is it to say ‘Happy birthday, Liz’?”

Alex and Maria exchanged glances. “Well,” Alex suggested, “Why don’t you hang with us tonight? We’ve never been allowed to have that big party Maria’s always wanted to throw.”

“Yeah!” Maria cried, bouncing up and down and clapping her hands. “Please Lizzie?”

She sighed and opened her locker. “Okay. I guess I could…” she trailed off, taking the gift from her locker. It was a rose. Not a real one, but one of those roses made of Hershey’s kisses with the red foil over it.

“I knew he wouldn’t forget!” Maria crowed.

“It’s not from Max,” she said faintly, “This isn’t his handwriting.” She held out the little card to her friends.

“Ooh,” Maria breathed, “You’ve got a secret admirer Lizzie. I am so jealous.”

The warning bell rang and they all scrambled to their classes. Liz walked to her room in a daze. If not Max, then who?

“Hey,” her boyfriend said, “What’s that?” She gave it to him.

“It was in my locker.”

“Why?”

She shrugged and took it back. At least someone knew what day it was, even if she didn’t know who yet.

“Weird.” He made a face at her present.

“I guess.”
<><><><>

Isabel nodded at Maria, who was chattering away. “I said we’d come, just chill,” she finally demanded. The sprightly blonde recoiled and stared at her, surprised by the harsh tone. Isabel sighed. “Sorry, Maria, I just don’t like sneaking around putting those roses everywhere. God, doesn’t Liz think someone’s stalking her by now?”

Maria shrugged, “I put off her freaking out by suggesting they were from Kyle, trying to win her back. She pretty much just accepted that.”

“Hi ho, ladies,” Alex greeted as slid next to them, lunch tray edging closer to Iz, who smiled at him.

“Hey Alex,” the girls chorused.

“How’s it going?”

“Smoothly,” she told him, opening her water.

“What phase are we on now?” he inquired, scarfing Cosmic Crunch cheese puffs, “I can’t keep track.”

Isabel rolled her eyes. “Who even knows? This whole thing is too “Mission Impossible” for me.” She glanced around to where Tish and Tess were hovering and beckoned them over.

“Max just came in with Liz and Michael, we’re gonna lunch with them.” Isabel nodded and they got up.

“You are com-”

“Yes, Maria, yes.”
<><><><>

“I said I was sorry!”

She shook her head. “The one year I have you as my boyfriend, and you forget! It’s ridiculous!”

“Liz-”

“Forget it, Max.” She paused out side the Jeep. “Will you at least come to the party tonight? It’s at the Pizza Pan at eight.”

He winced, “I have to work tonight.”

“That just figures!” she cried, throwing her hands up, “This has been the worst day of my life!”

“We’ll do something tomorrow,” he said, obviously trying to placate her. It wasn’t working. She glared at him violently, promising him hurtful things if he said just one more word about it.

She jerked open the passenger door and stopped. Another rose was lying on her seat. That made four today. The one in her locker, the one in her gym locker, the one on her lab table, and now this one. Who was sending them?

“You got another one?” Max asked, looking at her as she sat down.

“Yeah.”

“Who’s sending them?”

“I don’t know!” she exclaimed, “Obviously someone who cares enough to remember my birthday!”

He eyed her warily, “Are you PMSing or something?” he asked. She screamed and crossed her arms, refusing to even look at him. He was such a boy sometimes, and how insensitive had that comment been? “It better not be Valenti,” he continued darkly, “Or else…”

Liz tuned him out for the rest of the ride. She didn’t want to deal with his macho crap, not today. She didn’t want to cry today either, but she could feel tears pricking. How could he have done this to her?
<><><><>

Max was feeling like a horrible person at the moment. Liz had been crying when he dropped her off at the Crashdown for her shift. He had almost broken down and admitted everything, but he held fast. Knowing he’d make it up to her later.

He hoped.

He was having doubts about the final phase of his master plan. What if his gift wasn’t good enough? Now that he was thinking about it, it wasn’t really anything special…She’d probably give him one of those fake birthday smiles and forced ‘thank you’.

He buried his head under his pillow and let out a scream, the pillow acting as a buffer. Then he pulled out the box containing her present. It was to late to change his mind about giving it to her. Maybe he could offer to buy her something else if she didn’t like it? That would work, right?

He nodded and hid it back under his bed. Then he got up, he had to make sure Maria had everything under control for tonight, phone the Parkers to let them know the finalized plan, and pick up the last part of Liz’s gift.
<><><><>

Liz dragged her bags of presents from Maria’s Jetta and waved good-bye to her friend, then trudged up to her house. That had been her first birthday party since she turned eight years old. Normally it would just be her and Max, and while the party had been a blast, it couldn’t compare.

She had begun to get suspicious when so many people showed up on such short notice, and figured maybe Max had orchestrated this whole affair, but as the night wore on, there was no sign of him.

A dozen Hershey’s roses had been delivered to the party, making that sixteen total, the card attached read ‘I’ll see you tonight.’ She shivered just thinking about it. It hadn’t been Kyle who sent them, and Max obviously had no idea the way he was acting today. It was somebody she didn’t know, and she was a little frightened.

“Hey honey bear,” her dad said, smiling as she walked in the house.

“Hi Daddy.”

“How was your party?”

“Fun,” she told him, forcing a smile, “But I’m kind of wiped, I think I’ll head to bed.” Her father nodded and kissed her head.

“Happy birthday Lizzie,” he whispered, “By the way, you might want to tell your guest good-bye before you go to sleep.”

“Guest?”

“He’s upstairs.”

He. Was it Max? It had to be. Her dad wouldn’t just let some strange guy up in her room. But what was he doing here? Didn’t he say he had to work? She ran up the steps and into her room. She dropped her bags and stared.

A Hershey’s rose lay on her bed.

A noise behind her made her turn and she swung around, confronted by her boyfriend. Max smiled his half smile at her and she turned to mush. He was wearing a plain white, long sleeved, button down, a pair of worn jeans, holding a white rose and a package, and he looked positively scrumptious.

“Did you really think I’d forget?” he asked quietly, walking toward her, present in hand.

She shook her head. “No, but you were being so…horrible today, I didn’t know what to believe anymore.” Tears pricked her eyes.

“I know,” he said, sounding miserable, “I wanted to tell you, but it would’ve ruined everything. And we’ve been working on this for weeks.”

“We?”

“Me, Maria, Alex, even Michael and Isabel pitched in.”

“You started freaking me out with those roses,” she said.

He grinned, “I thought you like flowers in the middle of the day, and Hershey’s kisses are your favorite.”

Your kisses are my favorite,” she enlightened him, moving closer so that their bodies brushed. Max leaned down, placing the box behind them, and met her lips. She kissed him eagerly, having missed his drugging taste all day.

When they broke apart he asked, “Are you going to open your present?” She laughed and went to work on the wrapping paper. “If you don’t like it I’ll understand,” he said anxiously, “It’s not-”

“Oh, Max,” she breathed, taking the letterman’s jacket out and putting it on. “It’s perfect. How do I look?” He had this enchanted look on his face and she blushed, cuddling into the oversized jacket.

“Cute. Very cute, and very mine.”

She rolled her eyes. “Are you claiming me as your property Mr. Evans?” she flirted.

He just smiled and pulled out another gift. This one he opened, revealing his class ring on a thin gold chain. She pulled her hair up obligingly and let him fasten it around her neck. She sat on her bed, gazing up at him shyly. He picked up the real white rose and handed it to her.

“Happy birthday, Liz.”
<><><><>
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Part Seventeen: K-I-S-S-I-N-G

“Max, stop!” Liz shrieked as she nearly went tumbling off her bed. Of course, he didn’t listen to her. She giggled harder as his hands gently swept over her bare sides. “Please,” she gasped, “Please, no, don’t…stop!”

“Don’t stop?” he teased, and gripped her firmly, fingers digging into soft flesh, then running lightly over her back…

The tickles slowly turned into soft, long caresses as they reached her neck. She gave a soft sigh as he leaned forward to kiss the sensitive flesh. “Max…” she breathed.

“What Liz?” His question was low and husky as he went back to kneading the oil into her skin. Liz didn’t reply, just gave a soft moan and arched into his fingers.

Max grinned, he knew this had been a good idea. Massage: the perfect ‘I’m-sorry-I-made-such-a-mess-of-your-birthday’ treat. And using Maria’s essential oils had been a stroke of genius on his part. (He was just sorry it took him a week to come up with it.)

He dripped a few more drops of the jasmine scent onto Liz’s naked back and slowly began to work it into her skin. He studied his girlfriend all the while, making notes to remember all the spots that made her moan and sigh and gasp for later use.

Her skin was smooth, taut, there wasn’t an ounce of fat on her…He found it hard to believe that he had been her best friend for so many years and never managed to notice how beautiful she was. (Chalk it up to general male idiocy, and particular Max denseness in his case.)

Liz wiggled a little as his fingers grazed her most ticklish area, the joint between her thighs and derriere. A wicked little smile crossed his face and he deterred from his strategy to give her a head to toe massage by slipping his hands beneath the one shred of clothing that she was wearing.

“Max!” she exclaimed, “Don’t you dare start again-” She broke of with a muffled breath as he slid the red cotton panties down her legs. “Max, what are you doing?” she asked as she turned over, legs getting tangled around his waist.
<><><><>

She watched him grin, tossing her underwear on the floor and standing on her bed to let her sort herself out. She wanted to laugh at him as he stood there, head almost bumping the ceiling, but she resisted and sat up, knees to her bare chest and he dropped down beside her.

“Thank you for the massage,” she murmured.

A smirk spread on his face and she suddenly had the feeling he was far from finished with her. “I’m not done yet,” he told her, confirming her suspicions. He placed his large hands on her knees and tried to coax them apart.

But Liz would have none of it. “We don’t have time Max!” she scolded, exasperated, “I have to be up to the school at seven!”

“It’s only six Liz, you have plenty of time,” he assured her, his hands traveling further to stroke her thighs. Her legs trembled in response and she felt herself becoming wet again. He leaned over her, his strong body hovering, and he kissed her neck, sucking on the skin gently.

“You’re gonna give me a hickey,” she told him, trying to sound stern, but failing miserably. Her slender arms wrapped around his fully clothed back, fingers raking the cotton-poly blend of his plaid shirt until her nails caught and held.

He chuckled into her neck and moved to the hollow at the base of her throat. She gave a low growl of defeat and allowed her knees to open, his lean body dropping from the loss of obstruction. She felt his arousal through his jeans and suddenly it seemed as if they had all the time in the world.

“Max,” she demanded now, her lower body rising impatiently, “Take your clothes off.”

“No,” he said, and dropped his head to her breasts to continue his tender ministrations.

“We barely have half an hour,” she told him incredulously, “If you want to do this we have to start now, otherwise we won’t finish in time and I’ll be late!”

Max shook his dark head and ran his tongue over her erect nipple. She gasped as he did the same to her other breast causing her to bend upward into his body. “Liz, be patient,” he chided, smirking, and began to travel lower.

“Max what are you doing?” she asked again, alarmed as he started pressing kisses near her curls. Her hands moved from his back to spear through his hair, trying to bring his mouth back to hers, but he held fast, his inner strength winning, and stayed put, pressing a kiss on her folds.

Liz gave a small scream and totally relaxed, her hands flying from his head to her headboard, gripping it tightly as his tongue began to lick the wet channel between her legs. “Max!” she whispered, trembling from the pressure he was building within her, “I don’t think you should be doing that.”

He stopped (making her cry out in protest) and peered up at her, “Do you really want me to stop?” he inquired, surprised, “Cause I don’t really want to.”

“No,” she told him, voice cracking.

“No you do or no you don’t?”

“No, I don’t want you to stop,” she informed him, feeling a little mortified. It was one thing to have him buried in her, but quite another to have him…eat her out…She let out another cry as he sucked on her clitoris. Thrashing, she lifted her hips, her legs wrapping around his neck and holding him fast to her as she exploded.

When she became aware of her surroundings again Max was lying beside her, hand playing with the class ring that hung on a chain between her breasts. She blushed and turned her head from him, surprised when she felt him press kisses on her neck, lifting her hair out of his way.

“Max…”

“We’ll finish this later, love, right now you need to get dressed and get to school.” She shivered with his promise, a plan already forming in her mind as to how exactly they’d finish it. It wasn’t fair for him to just pleasure her after all…
<><><><>

At seven-thirty the curtain rose on a backdrop of New York City. Max sat in the lower deck of the auditorium seats, eyes peeled for Liz, Alex, Isabel, and Maria. Maria was easy to spot, she was playing the lead, Alex and Izzy would come later because they also had main characters, but Liz was playing various roles and right now she was pretending to waitress at a small Brooklyn café.

At nine forty-five the curtain closed on West Roswell’s production of The 10th Kingdom and all the extras bowed, (Max cheered loudly for his shy girlfriend) and then the supporting cast members.

“Can you believe Maria wanted me to try out for the Troll king?” Michael snorted beside him, shaking his head at the poor schmuck in make-up and tights.

“Yeah, actually I can,” Max replied, grinning. Before Michael could respond Alex, Isabel, and Maria came out, still in costume. His sister had made a great Wicked Queen, and Maria and Alex had done well in the parts of Virginia and Prince Wendell.

The house lights came on and everyone rose, giving the cast a standing ovation. Maria kept bowing and smiling until Alex dragged her backstage. “We better go meet them outside,” Max suggested, rising, and Michael followed suit.

Their friends were waiting for them, laughing and hugging as random people came up to congratulate them. “I guess opening night was a success,” Max said as he approached, holding a white rose out to his girlfriend. She took it with a smile and planted herself underneath his arm.

Max then gifted Maria and Isabel with a yellow and purple rose respectively, and Michael produced a slightly wilted pink one to give to Maria, who smiled at him as if it were the most precious thing in the world.

“You two are invited to come to the cast party if you want,” Alex told them, “It’s actually at your house Max.”

“Speaking of,” Isabel exclaimed, “We need to get going.” They took off for the dressing room, but Liz hung behind.

“I’m going to stay and help stage crew clean up, okay? Can you swing by and pick me up after you drop them off?”

“Sure,” he agreed, nodding.

“Thanks.” And she gave him a quick kiss on the lips before disappearing after their friends.

About an hour later, and he hoped Liz wasn’t mad at him for the delay, he was back at school, in the auditorium parking lot. Hurrying into the building, he went backstage, searching for his apparently missing girlfriend. “Liz?” he called.

“On stage,” was the reply. And he walked through one of the door in the revolving stage until he found himself on a darkened one, facing a non-existent audience. The lights suddenly flicked on as he blinked in the rosy glow, staring at the pink, purple, red, and white decorations of the set. “Welcome to Kissing Town,” Liz whispered from right beside him.

He spun to see her smiling at him seductively, still dressed in her costume. “Aren’t you ready to go?” he asked.

She stepped closer to him, draping her arms around his neck and playing with the collar of his shirt. “Not yet,” she murmured, leaning up to suck on his earlobe. Max gulped audibly.

“Liz-”

She cut him off with a deep French kiss and pressed him against the backdrop. “I believe you promised me we’d finish what you started at my house. Didn’t you?”

“Yeah, but…Here?” he questioned. He stared out into the dark seat of the audience, it was like hundreds of eyes were on him, watching them as Liz seduced him on stage. Jebus freezus, he thought, annoyed with himself when the thought of it began to turn him on.

“Yes, here,” she said, laughter in her voice, “It’s payback time Evans.”
<><><><>

She examined his wide-eyed expression innocently, knowing she had thoroughly shocked him with this one. He stared down at her and she saw his eyes run appreciatively over her breasts, the built-in push-up bra sewn in her serving wench’s dress causing them to appear bigger.

Deciding to play with him a little more, she reached up and pulled the pins out of her hair, making it fall down around her bare shoulders. She toyed with a strand, bringing it forward and trailing it across her left breast. He stifled a groan and she took one of his hands, sucking on his finger coyly before resting it on the front of her bodice.

“But-”

“But nothing, Max,” she interrupted, “We’re completely alone. The janitors aren’t even here.”

“H-how?” he queried, voice hoarse as his hand tightened convulsively on her breast.

“The principal trusts me to lock the school up. After all, what could little Lizzie Parker ever do wrong?” She forestalled his response by kissing him again, then she slyly began to undo the button and zipper on his now tight jeans. Her tiny hand slid inside, between his boxers and his skin and she wrapped it around his hard shaft.

“Liz!” he sucked in a labored breath.

“What?” she asked guilelessly, slowly running her fingers along his length. He felt like velvet incased steel, soft and strong.

“I didn’t bring any condoms,” he informed her, as he held himself tense.

“Don’t worry, Max.”

“But we have-Did you go on birth control?”

“No.” She started loosening his jeans, slipping them off his hips.

“Then, we have to stop,” he said, grabbing for her hands. But she was too fast for him. She pulled his pants and boxers down as she knelt in front of him. “Liz!”

“We’re not going to be making love, Max,” she enlightened him, gazing up at him as she slowly tipped forward to touch her tongue to his now fully aroused manhood. A drop of pre-cum came out and he quivered as she again licked it away.

“Liz-You shouldn’t…you can’t-”

“Can’t what Max?” she asked, enveloping him in her warm mouth. He let out a cry and tangled his dexterous hands into her chocolate hair. She released him with a wet pop. “Can’t make you lose control?”
<><><><>

Was she serious? Whenever she looked at him he got a hard-on for Pete’s sake! “No, Liz Parker,” he said, “You can definitely make me lose control.”

“Then what can’t I do, Max?” she inquired again, and again stopped his protests by taking him into her mouth. His grip on her silky hair tightened as she slowly began a rhythm, making him groan with every stroke her tongue made. Her hands were groping his buttocks as she forced his body to move against her.

She couldn’t do this, his mind was saying as his body took command of his reactions. What if she choked or he hurt her or something? But his brain’s arguments were washed away when her fingers drifted from digging into his backside to fondling his front and he came.

His wordless scream died down as he went limp against the set. He gaped openly at Liz, who was still kneeling before him, flushed and gorgeous, her lips swollen. She licked them while she gazed up at him, making him grunt with desire. “Liz…”

She smiled and stood, pulling up his pants as she went. She pressed against him, her lips finding his again in a loving kiss. He enfolded her in his arms not releasing her as she attempted to pull away.

“I can’t believe you just did that,” he whispered.

“Believe it,” she countered, “Payback’s a bitch Evans.” She slipped from his embrace. “I’m going to change, meet you by the Jeep.”

Max watched after her for a moment, trying to get his bearings, because he couldn’t exactly get his legs to work. (But then, if he had been able to walk, he probably would have gone after her and they would never get to the party…) He couldn’t believe she had just done that! But that proved her point, no one ever suspected perfect Liz Parker of anything considered ‘naughty’.

He grinned and shook his head, heading out to his Jeep to wait for his girl. She had gotten so unpredictable since they started going out. But he had to admit, he was liking it. A lot.
<><><><>
Last edited by dreamangel on Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Part Eighteen: Kiss dee Girl

“Sha-la-la-la-la-la, don’t be scared, you got the mood prepared, go on and kiss dee girl…Aw, Jebus freezus,” he muttered to himself, “What’s wrong with you Evans? Singing The Little Mermaid, could you be more of a dork?”

Probably not, he concluded. It was really bad if a seventeen year old guy, a senior in high school, knew every word to every part in a Disney movie and could even do the voices…He shook his head, darkly cursing his inability to resist Liz Parker, even when she had been ten. And it hadn’t helped that Maria and Alex were hooked on the darn things either.

So here he was, setting the mood for a romantic desert picnic, and he had Disney songs in his head! This anniversary thing had him tied up tighter than a sailor’s knot. He couldn’t believe he’d been with her for a whole year.

And what a year it had been…

The cuddling, the kissing, the…um…rapport he and Liz shared. They had evolved together this past year, evolved into something more lasting than even friendship.

He was well aware that a year was nothing to the amount of time he and Liz had been best friends, but a year as boyfriend/girlfriend was serious. It was huge. And considering he was planning on their relationship going on for a long, long time yet, every year was just going to make it even more gargantuan.

This year was the picnic. He had found a secluded spot, protected from the wind, and he laid the large blanket down, placing large candles on each of the corners to weigh it down. He’d light them later, when he brought Liz and the food, which he had yet to order. Though he had made a chocolate silk pie with whip cream and strawberries for dessert, and that was safe in the Evans family refrigerator, covered by Saran wrap and a large sign that read ‘Hands off’ and then in smaller lettering, ‘This means you Isabel!’

There was no doubt in his mind that Isabel would make him pay for that later. In fact, he probably shouldn’t have done it, but he couldn’t resist taunting her. She had started a fruits and veggies fast last week, and actually started running around the town. Just yesterday she’d run three miles. That was probably his fault though, considering he had told her she was getting a little pudgy around the middle (but hey, what are little brothers for?)…

He then sternly commanded himself to forget his sister. Today was not about Isabel, it was about him and Liz. Max rose and wiped his dusty hands on his jeans, leaving behind chalky handprints. Oh well, he’d change later.

Checking his watch, he sighed. He still had hours and hours left. Considering his options, Max decided not to see Liz yet, he didn’t want to blurt out his surprise (and she knew he was planning one this time, she still got sore about her birthday…), and resolved to head home and do some homework. After all, there was a first time for everything, right?
<><><><>

“I am not sick Maria,” Liz protested.

“You’re flushed,” she retorted, prancing around her friend and placing a hand on Liz’s forehead, her lips forming an ‘O’.

Liz rolled her eyes, “I’m just excited. It’s our one year anniversary.” She gave a deep sigh and went dreamy.

“Like I didn’t figure it that out the first fifty times you told me,” Maria teased, and put her hand down, “But you are burning up, chica.” Liz frowned and slapped Maria’s hands away from her.

“I do not have a fever. I am not sick,” she looked Maria dead in the eye, and pulled herself up to her full height, “And I will not miss out on whatever it is my boyfriend has planned for tonight!” She gave a decisive nod, ignoring the way it made her feel light-headed.

“Michael?” Maria purred, leaning on the order-up counter and batting her eyelashes at her boyfriend. He flipped a burger and glanced toward the two girls suspiciously.

“What?” he grunted and turned back to the grill.

“Don’t you think I’m right?” He turned slightly to let them see his raised eyebrow.

“Maria!” Liz objected, “You can’t bring him into this. He doesn’t even know what we’re talking about.”

Her friend opened her mouth to retort, but Michael butted in. “You know Parker, you’re not looking too good,” he pointed to her, “Kinda pale, but you’re cheeks are really red…”

Liz’s mouth fell open and Maria’s closed into a smug smirk. “I told you so.”

Liz glared fiercely at both of them and snatched the plate of food for table six off the counter, dismissing her shaking hands and legs. They didn’t know what they were talking about, she was perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with this girl, no siree!

But she had to pause in her purposeful stride to the table and focus her mind at what she was doing. No, no, no! she griped in her head as the room began to sway and then spin, not tonight… But her pleads went unanswered and green spots began to appear before her eyes. “Maria,” she whimpered as blackness beset her.

Her friend’s scream of “Mr. Parker!” was the last thing she heard as she drifted into oblivion.
<><><><>

“Isabel! You’re just the person I wanted to see!” Isabel froze in her pursuit of happiness in the form of a Mercury Milkshake and a Sigourney Weaver with Saturn Rings. She stifled a groan and figured it was for the best. After all, she was on a diet, one that did not allow for greasy, alien-themed food.

Plus, she didn’t need to give Max another reason to ridicule her…

“You were?” she asked Maria suspiciously. The smaller blonde nodded, green eyes full of innocence that immediately raised Izzy’s hackles. They had never been friends, casual acquaintances yes, but good friends, no, and Maria should not be smiling at her like that if they weren’t friends.

“Uh-huh,” Maria confirmed, putting an arm around the wary cheerleader and leading her towards the back, “You see, we, the employees of the Crashdown, need your help.”

Her eyes widened as the tough spitfire hauled her toward that turquoise door with its diamond-shaped window. Isabel dug her heels in and jerked herself from Maria’s grasp. “Oh no, I know where this is going, and I will not be a party to it. No way.” She shook her head, ponytail swaying from side to side.

“Isabel,” Maria whined, “Liz is sick, her dad had to carry her home. It’s Saturday, the busy night, and we’re short staffed.”

Isabel glanced around wildly, spotting an older lady wearing a uniform and seemingly doing nothing. “What about her? She actually works here!”

“Who? Agnes?” Maria said incredulously, “She doesn’t work. She takes cigarette breaks.”

“But…but, I can’t wait tables!” She wrinkled her nose at the table housing two harried parents and three rowdy kids. “I’m not a service oriented person.” She gave a final nod to end the discussion and turned on her heel to stalk out, but Maria grabbed her arm. The look in Isabel’s eyes when they turned on her could have frozen Hell five times over.

“Please Isabel, I’ll be indebted to you forever if you do this to me.”

She thought it over. “Well, since you put it that way…” Maria’s expression turned hopeful. “No.”

“This isn’t even for me, Isabel, it’s for Liz. Won’t you at least do it for Liz? Your brother’s beloved girlfriend?”

Isabel glared at her, but Maria just clasped her hands together in front of her body and turned puppy eyes on her. “Ugh,” she scoffed and placed her hands on her hips, looking away, but actually thinking it over. It would mean wearing those horrid outfits, and if she did do it, Max would owe her. She’d make him owe her (and maybe she could get some free food…yum). Mind made up, she gave her attention back to Maria, who perked up again. “Fine.”
<><><><>

Max frowned over the Calculus problem and rubbed his eyes. He’d been stuck on this problem for a whole quarter of an hour. That’s fifteen minutes of the same stupid math problem. Why’d he have to know about derivatives anyway? It wasn’t like they’d apply to him in the real world…

“No way!” he exclaimed, his wandering attention caught by the sight of a Crashdown uniform. On his sister.

She put a hand on her hip and sent him a defiant stare. “Shut up. Temporary situation.”

“Why are you...?” he trailed off, gesturing at the ensemble and hiding a smile.

“I covered for Liz. She fainted in the middle of her shift.” Isabel sat on the bed, taking off the antenna headband. Max felt his heart speed up.

“She fainted?” he demanded, feeling like he was going to faint himself.

“Yeah,” Izzy said, studying her nails and not noticing her brother’s strident tone, “Apparently she’s majorly ill or something. Oh! I chipped a nail!”

But Max was already on his way out the door. Liz was sick, Liz was sick, Liz was sick…Jebus freezus let her be okay. He crossed the yard as if he were flying and rapped sharply and repeatedly on the door to the Parker’s house.

It opened and Mrs. Parker looked up at her daughter’s boyfriend. “Max?”

“Is Liz okay?” he blurted, shifting anxiously.

Nancy nodded and gave him a sympathetic smile. “It’s just the flu bug. She’s sleeping now.” Max let out a heaving sigh of relief. “But she won’t be able to go out to dinner with you tonight. I’m sorry Max.”

He looked into her blue eyes and smiled as a new plan began to form. “Maybe she can’t come out, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have dinner.”
<><><><>

Liz woke up groggily, something was off. She moved her head and then let out a groan of pain.

“You all right?”

She opened her eyes and smiled up at worried amber-brown eyes. “What are you doing here?” she inquired, feeling a little happier.

“It’s our anniversary,” he said, looking at her as if she were insane, “Where else would I be?”

“Away from the sick person,” she told him dryly. He gave her that half-smile and helped her sit up. “Seriously,” she said, “I might be contagious.”

“Suck it up Parker,” he teased, “I’m not leaving. Besides, you’re parents had a dinner party to go to and I volunteered to take care of you.”

“Did you?” she teased back and cuddled into him.

“Yeah, and in a little bit, I’ll think about getting up and serving you the soup I made, but right now, I don’t want to move.” He moved his body so that it was under her, and she was resting comfortably, ear above his heart. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment, listening to the steady beat.

“Mmm,” she murmured and clung closer to his warmth as a chill hit her. He pulled her lilac comforter up over them and wrapped one arm around her to hold her close, then he used the other one to grab her remote and flicked on the t.v. at the end of her bed.

The opening notes of her favorite Disney film made her squeal and she struggled to turn her head so that she could focus all her attention on the red-headed mermaid swimming under the sea. Max chuckled and turned the volume up slightly, singing “Kiss the Girl” under his breath.

Liz smiled, he may claim to hate them, but she knew he secretly watched them all the time. Disney was just not something that could be resisted. She kissed his cheek, distracting him from the scantily clad animated woman. “Thank you.” He gave her a soft smile and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

“Happy anniversary.”
<><><><>
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Part Nineteen: Butterfly Kisses

“Why are you crying?” Max demanded, looking at his best friend with disgust. She was sniffling, and more than likely making wet spots on his pillow. “Don’t cry on my bed!”

Liz glared at him, brown eyes wet, and purposefully buried her head into the pillow. Max let out an exclamation and bolted up from the computer desk, grabbing her around the waist and pulling her off his neatly made bed. “Max!” she shrieked and struggled to hit him.

He let her go abruptly and she landed on his floor with an “oomph”, her glare intensifying. “Jebus freezus, Liz, don’t mess up my bed. I don’t need your girlie tears all over it.”

Her jaw dropped open and she picked herself up off the floor, gave him a look, and then flung his covers back and slide beneath them, cuddling his pillow. She sent him a triumphant smile in response to his horrified face.

He sighed loudly and laid down beside her, on top of the covers. They had just gotten to that age when their moms started worrying about what their precious babies were doing behind closed doors. (They had had a two-hour giggle fit after that lecture, and still would start chuckling if either implied the topic.) Like he was gonna try something on Liz… Yeah right, in some distorted reality maybe…

It wasn’t that he had anything against her as a girl. She was a great one, in fact, he considered her the best girl in the world, and she was pretty, he’d concede to that. But she was his best friend, had been since they were eight. He had stopped thinking of her as a female a long time ago. Now she was just Liz, his best friend, and their parents had nothing to be worried about.

And that was why he ignored the fact that his heart was racing from the sight of her in his bed.

“And now you’ve stopped,” he commented. What was up with that? Were girls just born with the ability to cry at a whim and then turn the waterworks off just like that? He knew Isabel did it (like five times a week to get her way), but he had no idea Liz had the capability also.

“The song’s over,” she informed him, yawning.

“Song? What song?” he asked, completely confused.

“Butterfly Kisses," she said simply. He gave her a blank look. She raised her eyebrows. “Michael Bolton?” she elaborated. He shook his head, mystified, and she gave one of those muffled, frustrated shrieks girls were so fond of giving. “It was just on the radio, Max!”

“I was typing up a report Liz, I wasn’t listening to that mooney-eyed crap you turned on,” he replied with dignity. Love songs, humph. He glared at her, “And you better not leave here without switching my station back,” he warned. She giggled, the soft sound a welcome relief from the shrieks and the crying.

They lay there for awhile, Liz starting to doze off and Max in that in-between world, the one in which his superego was informing him he had a paper to finish, his id wanted to sleep, and his ego was blanking out. So he was staring at the screen saver and listening to Liz struggle to stay awake.

“Was it a sad song?” he asked finally, voice barely audible, hesitant to break the Sunday lull permeating the room. He turned his head slightly to look at her.

“Hmm?” she inquired, brown eyes fluttering open, “What? No, it was just sweet.” He hated when she did that; made it so that it seemed like she didn’t hear his question and then he’d get all ready to ask again and she’d go and answer! “It was about a girl growing up and her father remembering her as the little girl who gave him butterfly kisses every night.”

He frowned. “And you cry over this?” He made sure his disbelief was evident.

Her jaw dropped, “Of course, it’s so…” she trailed off, confusion wrinkling her brow, “It just gets to you Max, the music, the words…” She put a hand over her heart, “It’s an in here thing.”

“Or maybe it’s just one of your dumb girlie things,” he concluded, giving a long suffering sigh. It was times like this when he realized Liz was like Isabel and Maria sometimes, random things just set them spinning off in various non-applicable directions.

“I’m going to dance to it at my wedding.”

As shown by that comment.

“What?!” he demanded, “Where did that come from?”

She gave a shrug and sent him a dreamy smile, “Don’t know. All I know is that it’s going to be me and Dad’s dance at my reception.”

He snorted, “You are such a…”

“Such a what, Max?” she challenged, rising up, eyes flashing, “Such a girl?"

Ugh, he knew this would happen. Why, oh why, couldn’t he have taken Michael up on that camping offer? Or went with Alex to see that concert? But no, he had chosen to sit in his room typing while Liz gloated over how she’d had her report done a week ago, and could she please change the station for some good music, and boo-hoo, boo-hoo… He rolled his eyes. “Who would want to marry you anyway?” he mumbled, not looking at her.

“Oh!” she gasped, “You jerk!” She grabbed one of his pillows and started bashing him over the head with it. “You take that back!”

“Never!” he cried as he rolled off the bed, snatching the other pillow for ammo. He stood quickly and started whacking her in retaliation. She shrieked again, making him wince, and stood, battering him back. Soon a full fledged war was going and it continued, insults flying back and forth, until the pillows both burst into a shower of cotton.

Max and Liz stared at each other in shock as the white fluff rained down on them from their battle, neither sure which had come out the victor. Then they burst out laughing, and slowly slid to the floor, clutching their sides and leaning on each other for support.

“My mom’s gonna kill us,” he finally managed to say. They stopped giggling, looking around and blanching at the thought of Diane on the warpath, then they gazed at each other.

“It’s a shame you don’t have alien powers,” Liz said, “Then you could ‘poof!’ and everything would be clean.”

“Yeah,” he whispered back, “But then my mom would probably have them too, and that wouldn’t be so good.” They grinned at each other suddenly.

“Alien death rays!” Liz shouted.

“Yeah,” Max agreed, “She’d take one look at my room and then glare at us and BAM! Death rays shoot out of her eyes and we’re incinerated!”

“Dust!” Liz giggled, Max joined her and then just as suddenly as the laughter started, it stopped, and they were sober, “You know,” Liz told him, “That’s not that funny.”

“Definitely not,” Max concurred, shuddering at the thought of his mother with alien powers. They were silent for about five more minutes and them Max turned his contemplating eyes on Liz, who gazed back at him curiously. “What are butterfly kisses anyway?” he wondered idly.
<><><><>

He grinned as he remembered Liz’s exasperated sigh, and that imperious response: “They’re like Eskimo kisses, ‘cept with eyelashes.”

“You rub eyelashes?”

And then she’d given another exaggerated sigh and turned, taking his face between her tiny hands and leaning toward him. His grip tightened on the steering wheel when the feeling of her soft eyelashes brushing against his skin came back full force. He had turned red, he recalled. She had caused his first conscious erection with that action, not that she’d ever know…

Max shook his head fiercely, staring at the stop sign a beat before turning onto his street. He turned his glare at the radio, where the song that had prompted that episode was still playing. It really was touching, and he could put up with it, but it wasn’t good to recall moments with Liz while driving. He could go into a stupor of sexual fantasies and drive into a ditch, or through an intersection, and then no more Max. Which wasn’t something he wanted, so, driving time was a no Liz time.

Unless he was giving her a ride, or they were at Buckley Point...Or…

He pulled into his driveway shaking his head. He just had to face it, there was no time in his life that wasn’t Liz time.

The house was dark when he entered, his parents had some work to finish up in Clovis, Izzy was on a date with Alex and she was sleeping over at Maria’s after that. He considered taking a shower and heading over to the DeLuca’s, Liz was supposed to be there…But Maria would probably switch into Hurricane mode if he crashed their girl’s night…

He didn’t bother turning on his light when he got to his room. He just stripped his work uniform off and was working on the button of his pants, trying to shake the feeling of someone watching him, when a low laugh echoed around the room.

Max looked up and his jaw dropped. Liz smiled at him from her position on the bed, “Don’t stop on my account,” she informed him, waving one hand to continue, “I was enjoying the show.” She licked her lips and moved forward.

He immediately grew hard and resisted a groan. But it was apparent, by her smug smile, that she was quite aware of what she was doing to him slinking on his bed in a black lace teddy with matching thong and heels.

“I...um…I thought you were supposed to be at Maria’s?” he said lamely, eyes never leaving the curve of her breasts and she crawled a little closer. He instinctively took a step forward, and then another when she stopped at the edge of his bed. When he was close enough she raised her arms and his body gravitated toward her open body, pulling her upwards so that he could sweep his lips across the smooth expanse of her shoulder.

“Do you want me to be at Maria’s?” she asked, nibbling his ear. He sucked in a breath, arms tightening around her. She gave another breathy laugh, “Because, I always thought a girl was supposed to be with her boyfriend on his birthday.” She trailed a wet kiss over his jaw, “Especially when he’s home all alone.”

Max was frozen as she ran her fingers over his chest, her mouth working gently at the hollow between his clavicles. She moved, lips pressing fleeting kisses on his neck before landing on his lips. He snapped out of it as her arms wrapped around his neck and he opened his mouth to her seeking lips, but she pulled away before he could fully respond.

Her brown eyes stared up into his questioningly, then she pursed her lips. “You forgot it was your birthday, didn’t you?” He shrugged. “You’re eighteen Max!” she enlightened him, obviously angered over his lack of caring, “I can’t believe you forgot!”

He smiled, reaching out a hand to unclasp her teddy, and she swatted his hands away, placing them on her hips. “It’s not like I’m the only one Liz,” he reminded her. He pushed the slight feelings of hurt away and gave her puppy eyes. “Can I open my present now?”
<><><><>

She relented with a smile, unable to resist him when he was being cute. His hands stretched eagerly for the bindings of her little dominatrix outfit and she let him take it off her, loving the way his eyes lit up when her skin came into view.

He drew the silk and lace off slowly, gently, and placed it neatly on his nightstand. She watched him lovingly as he touched her softly, making her shiver in response. He gave her a half smile, the amber eyes hooded beneath heavy lashes.

He moved even closer, pulling her body flush against his and feasting on her neck. Liz gave a shuttered sigh and speared her fingers through his dark hair while wrapping her legs around his waist, rubbing against his very obvious arousal. She squirmed against him, “Jeans,” she panted, “off.”

He chuckled and laid her down on the bed, she pouted, staring up at him with need. He still smiled, even as he leisurely started to take off his pants. “You know,” he said, tone indolently musing, as he paused. She stifled a groan of impatience. “This could actually be termed statutory rape,” he told her, “Being as I’m now legally an adult and you’re still a minor,” he raised an eyebrow, smirking, “I could get arrested.”

Oh, he was too much! “Max!” she hissed, reaching for him, but he spun away, still smirking. “Oh, stop being ridiculous,” she ordered, “I’m eighteen in a few months anyway.” He gave a low laugh and took a step back, closer to her. Good. She knew he was just playing, but she wasn’t in the mood, and if reason was the only way to get him into bed, so be it!

She tilted her body to the side, watching him as a predator watches her prey, and suddenly his eyes darkened, and she knew she had won with her deductive logic tactic. He wanted her, and the law wasn’t going to stop him from getting what he wanted. Not tonight.

In an instant he was over her, jeans and boxers gone, her thong half way down her legs, and he was devouring her the way her eyes had promised him he could. But then he stopped again, eyes now black as he stared down at her hungrily. “I don’t know,” he growled, a teasing note still in his voice. He bent his head, long lashes sweeping her sensitive skin in a butterfly kiss. She shuddered and arched up against him.

“Max!” she wailed, not ashamed to beg. (Those damned eyelashes of his…) She didn’t know how he managed, but he had turned her from the seducer into the seduced. It wasn’t fair! Why was he so much better at this than she was? “Max, please?” she whispered, curling her fingers together so that they clasped around his neck.

His lips twisted and he gave her a thoughtful look (ha-ha! It was her turn to give puppy dog eyes and pout!) and then he trailed a hand down her body, smiling as she trembled. “Well…” he stated slowly, “Technically, I’m not eighteen until 11:47, so…” He grinned down at her, “I suppose it would be all right…”

She was on him in a flash, her mouth meeting his in a hot, wet kiss, hands clinging wherever they could reach. He broke away for a second to find a condom and then slid into her welcoming warmth. She clung to him, waiting, but he made no movement. She frowned up at him, “Max!” she cried, demanding to know why the hell he had stilled.

He just gave that low chuckle again, kissed her forehead, and began to gently thrust. Liz sighed, finally! “You know,” he commented as sweat broke out on his forehead, and his movements became more forceful. His big hands moved upward, grasping hers as she shuddered in response to her first climax.

She gazed at him through dazed, euphoria filled eyes. “What?” she queried.

His grin grew, “This is the best birthday present I’ve ever gotten.”
<><><><>
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Part Twenty: True Love's Kiss

It was Saturday night, Liz was lounging on the couch, playing with Max’s hair. He was sitting before her on the floor, bent over the coffee table, proofreading her valedictorian speech. They were graduating Tuesday, and for some reason she wasn’t all that excited.

She’d miss hanging with the group at lunch, miss the Science Club meetings, miss her teachers (yes, she knew how dorky that was…), but most of all she’d miss Max.

She would miss walking hand-in-hand with him down the halls of West Roswell High. She’d miss skipping class to pull him into the Eraser Room. She’d miss the notes he hid in her locker between classes, miss the way they worked together in lab, the way he waited to drive her home after school…

Everything was going to change after this week. Max would be going to UNM with Michael and Maria. Isabel was returning to UCLA with Alex in tow as well as Tish and Tess, and Liz was going to be all alone at Harvard…

Max dragged her from her pitying reverie by moving. He gave her one of his patented heart-rending, soul-stealing half smiles, and kissed her hand, which was lying limp against the side of the couch since he moved.

“It’s good,” he told her quietly, obviously serious, “Very real.”

She smiled back at him, but she could tell it didn’t reach her eyes by the way he suddenly frowned, scrutinizing her intently. She couldn’t muster up the right expression to convince him she was fine. She was feeling too lost at this stage in her life, so very alone. She was going to be separated from all she’d known her entire life in a matter of weeks, and it all seemed like everything was happening too fast for her to comprehend.

Tears stung her eyes as she looked at her boyfriend, her best friend. Max shifted so that he was kneeling, one hand coming up instinctively to wipe away the tear slowly falling down her cheek. “Liz, what’s wrong?” he demanded, sounding distressed, and more tears came to her eyes as she thought about how wonderful he was to her.

“I don’t want everything to change,” she whispered, ashamed to find that her voice had cracked.

His brow furrowed in that familiar way and she wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. “What do you mean?” He stood and then scooted her over on the couch so he could sit. She wrapped herself around him, resting her head on his thigh and he absentmindedly began to run his fingers through her hair.

What if they never got to be like this again? “After we graduate…” she said, “Everything’s gonna change. We’re going to different colleges Max. What if something happens and you don’t love me anymore? What if you meet some tall blonde with big breasts and killer legs and she fawns all over you? What if we see each other at break and you realize I’m just a little brown mouse and you don’t know why you were ever attracted to me in the first place? What if-”

“Hold it,” Max interrupted, clamping a hand over her mouth. She looked up at him, eyes wide over his hand. “That’s not going to happen.”

“It could.”

“No,” he said, shaking his head, “It couldn’t. First off, I prefer brunettes. Secondly, you resemble a deer more than a mouse, and third, I could never not love you, Liz Parker. I fell in love with my best friend, and she’s always gonna be my best friend, and I’m always gonna love her. Do you hear me, Liz? I’m always, always going to love you.” He cupped her jaw, “Distance isn’t going to change that.”

“You don’t know that for sure.”

He made an exasperated sound in the back of his throat and rolled his eyes. “I do know that for sure.”

“No,” she said, “You don’t.”

Max suddenly frowned, causing his forehead to furrow in the most adorable way. “Why aren’t you sure, Liz?” he asked, “Are you having doubts…about us?”

“No!” she exclaimed, sitting up fast and wrapping her arms around him, “No, Max, not about us.”

“Obviously you do, or going to different colleges wouldn’t be an issue,” he pointed out, “Besides, everything you’re saying could apply to you too. What if you meet some dumb jock or a rocket scientist and suddenly I’m not looking so good, huh? What if you come back on break and you want to be “just friends”?”

“Max,” she laughed, “That’ll never happen.”

“How do you know?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

She shook her head, brown locks flying, “I just do.”

He gave her a triumphant smirk and leaned back, hauling her onto his lap. “See, just like I know I’ll never fall for a bimbo. We’re it, Liz, there’s never gonna be anybody else. If I know it in my heart, and you know it in yours, there’s no reason for all your doubts.”

She smiled and cuddled into him, resting her ear against his chest so that the even beating of his heart could calm her. “You’re right,” she conceded.

“Aren’t I always?” he inquired, sounding miffed, but she could hear the laughter in his voice and his smile grew.

“No,” she replied serenely, “But, back to what I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I guess it’s going to be weird not seeing you everyday.” She tilted her head up and kissed his neck, “I might go through Max-withdrawal.”

He chuckled, “That won’t happen. We’ll talk everyday on the phone.”

“That could get expensive.”

“Fine, we’ll e-mail each other, and write letters…” he trailed off, “We won’t go through withdrawal.”

“But-”

“Jebus freezus,” he cried, “No buts, Liz. No more insecurities, no withdrawal, the discussion is over.”

Liz rolled her eyes at his tone of finality and opened her mouth to continue her “but”, but Max took advantage and kissed her deeply, his tongue slipping intimately against hers, and she forgot what she was going to say.

She did remember, in the brief moment before she gave herself over to him, that her mom was coming home in about half an hour. “Max,” she whispered.

“No,” he murmured as he pushed her onto her back, “No more talking.” He settled himself between her thighs, she could feel his erection through their jeans, and she wrapped her legs around him.

“But my mom…” she practically purred as his mouth found that spot on her neck that made her tingle. She went limp beneath him, hands tangled uselessly in his hair. He lifted his head to stare down at her, his eyes molten gold, and she moaned in protest.

“What about your mom?” he asked.

“Hmm?”

“You said something about your mom,” he reminded her, and bent his head to kiss the side of her mouth.

“She’s coming home soon,” Liz told him, tugging him back for a kiss, “So we probably shouldn’t do this…right now.” She slid her hands up the back of his T-shirt and pressed a kiss to his throat.

He gave a little groan and kissed her again, pressing her deeper into the couch. “How about we just don’t take out clothes off,” he suggested, “Parents can catch their kids making out, right? I mean,” and his breath hitched as she bit his ear gently, “they expect it. They have lectures all prepared.”

That sounded reasonable to her, “Uh-huh.”

“So,” he continued, “The logical thing would be to give them an opportunity to use those lectures, right?”

Oh, God, his hands… “Right,” she agreed breathlessly, wiggling against him. Liz felt him nod, and then he was unbuttoning her shirt.

“Right.”
<><><><>

Max and Liz were not caught making-out by Mrs. Parker. They heard her car in the driveway, straightened themselves up, and turned on the television. Nancy invited Max to have dinner with them that night, and he agreed, straight-faced.

Graduation came and went, Liz hung her royal blue robe up in her closet (she was so happy they had voted for the blue rather than the gold for the girls, that way everybody had matched and her High Honors cords had shown up), her blue and gold tassel was hanging from her rearview mirror, and her open house had been a success.

The summer was spent going to other open houses, writing thank-yous, going to college orientations, and spending time together. Max was worried about not having enough Liz-time to last him a whole semester, and Liz didn’t want to go through Max-withdrawal.

They did spend time with their other friends, having pool parties and random celebrations, Maria and Michael provided hours of entertainment with their fights, and then there were nights alone…

Everything seemed so much sweeter with the upcoming separation. Every kiss was more passionate, every touch more tender, every look more loving… And when they made love, Liz could see stars the pleasure was so exquisite.

But the day of departure loomed ever more closely as each day passed, until there was only one day left…
<><><><>

Max cut between the hedges separating 6025 Murray Lane and 6023. Liz was leaving for Harvard tomorrow. She had the second part or freshman orientation and then classes on Monday. He, Maria, and Michael would be leaving later that week for the University of New Mexico, but still, that was a whole week without his Liz, and then months…

Truth was Max was having his own set of doubts. He knew he had told Liz not to worry, that nothing was going to happen to them, but as the weeks had worn on, he’d started having anxiety attacks. Liz was an attractive young female, what rocket scientist in his right mind wouldn’t be interested?

He shook his head and clambered up the wooden steps to Liz’s balcony. There she was, curled up in her chaise lounge, writing in the leather-bound journal he had given her years ago after she had filled up her old one. “Hey,” he whispered.

She looked up, surprised, and smiled, “Hey.”

“I’m not interrupting, am I?” he asked. She had been really engrossed in whatever it was she was writing.

“No,” she said, shaking her head. He smiled and walked over, sitting on the end of the chair. She was wearing a red pajama tank and drawstring pajama bottoms with chili peppers all over them. She looked cute. “What’s up?” she inquired as she set her journal aside.

“You’re leaving tomorrow,” he stated.

She gave a confused smile, “I’ll see you in the morning for good-byes, and I’ll call you as soon as I get there.”

“I know, it’s just…I don’t want to say good-bye.”

Her smile softened and she held out her arms. He crawled into them and rested his head on the soft cushion of her breasts. He was more than likely crushing her, but if she couldn’t move, she couldn’t get up, and then she couldn’t leave him…

“Max, tell me what’s wrong,” she urged, stroking her fingers through his hair.

“I just don’t want you to go,” he murmured.

“Weren’t you the one who said we had nothing to worry about?” she asked, sounding amused, “Weren’t you the who said nothing would change?”

“I lied,” he muttered.

“Max,” she sighed, “Sit up.” He didn’t move. She patted him on the back, “Come on.” He stubbornly stayed exactly where he was. “Max!” She whacked him on the shoulder.

“Ow!” he exclaimed, sitting up. He rubbed his arm, “Jebus freezus, Liz, that hurt.”

“Oh,” she said, eyebrows raised, “And you crushing my lungs didn’t?” He didn’t say anything. “Tell me.”

He stood up and shoved his hands through his hair, messing it up, and then looked at her, where she sat staring up at him, brown eyes large and earnest. He reached down and wrapped her ponytail around his hand, letting the feel of her silken hair sooth him for a moment. Then he untangled his hand and let it slide down her arm, taking her hand and hauling her up beside him.

“We’ve been best friends since we were eight years old,” he informed her. Liz gave him a look that said, ‘I know’. “Let me finish,” he insisted, and she nodded, he took a deep breath, “That’s ten years, soon to be eleven, and no matter what happens, I don’t want to lose you as my best friend, Liz.”

“You won’t, Max,” she assured him.

“You promise,” he said, staring at her deeply, “You promise, no matter what happens, we’ll always be best friends.”

“I promise.” She cocked her head to the side, “What’s this all about, Max?”

Another deep breath…He stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out the ring, and then went down on one knee.

“Max!” she gasped.

He licked his lips and prayed for courage. Then he took her right hand and slid the band with the star-shaped diamond onto her ring finger. “It’s a promise ring,” he said and looked up at her, covering her hand with his own, “I saw it and it reminded me of that first night, when you showed me your telescope.”

“Max, I-”

He placed a finger over her lips. “I know, we’re young, things could happen. But I can’t imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else, Liz. When the time is right I’ll move it to your other hand, that is, if you want…”

“Max…”

“Will you marry me, Liz?”

There were tears in her eyes, “Yes,” she whispered, and wrapped her arms around him, kissing him thoroughly, “Yes, Max, I’ll marry you.”
<><><><>
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Interlude: Moonlight Kisses...

The study group consisted on four people, Liz Parker, Doug Shellow, Eileen Burrows, and Jesse Ramirez. It was nearing the end of the summer semester, and they were studying for exams. Professor Winnamen had told them if they wanted to help her in the lab in the fall, they needed to get the classes required done before next semester, so Liz had stayed the summer.

She was appropriately bummed. In truth, she was going through the dreaded Max-withdrawal. Summer was the only time they spent together nearly continuously. When they went home for breaks throughout the year there were always relatives to see and tests to study for when they returned to their respective universities, but summer…

Summer was waking up to Max flipping through channels on her TV after he snuck in through her balcony, summer was going for long drives with no set destination, summer was cuddling on the couch talking (before the making out ensued…), summer was lying on the hood of Max’s new car and gazing at the stars over the desert…

Summer was Max and Liz.

True, they e-mailed each other constantly with updates, but it just wasn’t the same as just being together. She missed him.

“It’s getting late,” Doug said, shutting his book with a loud SNAP, “You girls want us to walk you back to your dorm?”

She exchanged a look with Eileen, who was her roommate, and nodded. Both girls hated walking across campus at night. They packed up the books and left, giving the librarian a wave.

The campus was deserted. More people had stayed for summer session this year, but most never hit the books this late. The walk was nice, there was a cool breeze ruffling her hair, and the conversation of her three friends provided a hum of background noise to her thoughts. She hung back, walking leisurely (oblivious to the longing glances Doug was shooting her), staring up at the night sky and wishing on the stars.

The thumb of her right hand was twisting the promise ring on her second finger absently, it had become a habit for her, just as staring at the star-shaped diamond and smiling dreamily had. She couldn’t wait until the day Max switched it to her left ring finger and they could announce their engagement.

“You know…it’s not a good idea for a pretty girl to walk around at night,” a low voice whispered from behind her. Liz froze, left hand flying to the class ring on the chain around her neck, she could hardly breathe, could hardly dare to hope…

The rest of her group had stopped and turned so that they were facing her and the man behind her. Jesse’s face was cautious, Eileen’s a mix of surprise and lust, and Doug’s was threatening, his fists were clenched, and he was tense. Doug took a step forward and she heard an amused chuckle from behind her.

He wasn’t a dream.

“MAX!” she cried and spun, throwing herself into his arms.
<><><><>

He smiled as she flung herself at him, and he captured her lips into a deep kiss, and when they parted, he anchored her firmly to his side. One of the other men was eyeing him with distaste, obviously jealous.

Liz didn’t notice. Max could tell that when he looked down at her and she was staring back at him with rapt attention. “Hey,” he whispered.

An adorable smile crossed her face, and snuggled closer to him. “Hey,” she said back, as if she hadn’t just jumped him.

“Um, Liz?” The two lovers looked over to where the forgotten group of three was still waiting. The jealous man’s voice was mistrustful, “Who is this guy?”

The girl beside him was studying Max closely, and it made him a little uncomfortable, but he had gotten used to it (and by ‘it’, he meant women checking him out) over the past few years, and just ignored it. She made a clucking sound with her tongue. “Is this the famous Max?” she asked, directing her question to Liz.

“Famous?” he inquired, grinning at her before she could answer.

Liz blushed, and nodded. “Eileen Burrows, Max Evans. Max, this is my roommate Eileen and our lab group, Jesse Ramirez and Doug Shellow.” She pointed to each man in turn. Jesse offered Max his hand, but Doug continued to glare. “Jesse, Doug, this is Max Evans, my…um…boyfriend…”

Shallow turned pale. Max grinned, and was about to elaborate by saying ‘fiancee’, but realized they hadn’t made it official yet. He’d have to remedy that situation.

“Nice to meet you,” Eileen said, grinning suggestively, “Liz has told me all about you.” Max felt himself blush, and hoped by ‘all’, Eileen hadn’t meant all all. He looked at Liz again, and she gave him a sheepish smile.

“I was drunk,” she stated.

His blush deepened, she had meant all. “Well,” he stammered, “Um…”

“I’m tired,” Eileen interrupted. She hooked her arms into Jesse and Doug’s. “We’ll just leave you two alone to catch up.” She sent a wink Liz’s way and pulled the boys in the direction they were headed. Max could see Doug about to protest, but the saucy girl stepped on his foot and gave him a hard tug. Max smothered a grin.

Eileen reminded him of Maria. Doug reminded him of Kyle. Max still really didn’t like Kyle, and he suspected he really wouldn’t like Doug that much either.

But they didn’t matter right now. Liz mattered. He met her gaze again and smiled. She was so beautiful. He had missed the way her eyes lit up when she saw him, and the way she smiled at him, and blushed at him… He had missed the way she loved him.

The silence surrounded them as they drunk in the other’s presence. “So,” Liz finally said, “What are you doing here?”

He gave her a wicked grin. “I go here.”

She blinked repeatedly, and he wanted to kiss her again. There was something so alluring about her eyes… “What?”

He gave a shrug. “You know how I’ve been interning at my dad’s office during the summers?” She nodded and then he nodded, and then he continued, “Well, I really like doing that type of stuff, and I had the GPA, extracurriculars, and everything to get into to Harvard, and since it’s one of the best law schools in the country, I figured I might as well join you.”

She was staring at him wide-eyed, mouth working at forming a coherent sentence. She managed to make a few vowel sounds, but couldn’t get out a whole word. His smile grew. “Surprise.”

“You’re serious?” she demanded, “You’re coming to stay? To go to school here? With me?”

He nodded and put his arms around her. “I’m staying. Here. With you,” he confirmed.

Another exclamation of joy squeaked by her, sounding an alarming bit like her girlhood shrieks of exasperation… “I can’t believe it!” she cried, throwing her arms around him and kissing him wildly.

“Believe it,” he assured her, and swung her around, kissing her back gently. “I’ll be matriculating with you for two or three years. And I’ve already rented an apartment, one that’s big enough for two…you know, as a trial run…” (Hopefully there wouldn’t be a shunning for not consulting her…) He set her down and looked at her, serious. “So now there’s only one thing left to do.”

“What?”

He picked up her right hand and slid the promise ring off of it, then he picked up her left hand and slid it on the ring finger of that hand. Liz bit her lip and gazed up at him. He clasped her hands in his and gave her a sweet smile.

“Announce our engagement.”
<><><><>
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Epilogue: "You May Now Kiss The Bride"

The living together thing had worked out well, so they bought a house in Roswell. Of course, this was after graduation, and after they both had jobs, and after the wedding plans had already been set in motion…

Liz had spent the better part of the past year rising in the ranks of scientists at Meta-Chem Industries, planning the wedding, and decorating her new home. Max had become a partner in Mr. Evans’ firm (after proving that he could do his job, and do it well, so that no one could accuse Phillip of nepotism), and spent that same year distracting his fiancée from stressing out over the wedding and their house.

Finally everything was set. The house was ready, Maria, Isabel, and Eileen had their bridesmaid’s dresses (a rich purple shade, and cut so that they flattered all three of them), Max, Michael, and Alex had their tuxes, Liz had her gown, and rehearsals had gone smoothly (which may have been a bad omen if they were actors, but they weren’t, so no worries), and the ‘Big Day’ had finally arrived.
<><><><>

“Max and Liz have written their own vows,” the priest addressed the guests, most of which had tears in their eyes from the beauty of the ceremony already, and then he gestured to the couple pledging their lives to each other.

Max smiled at Liz and clasped her hands tighter. “Liz, when I first saw you, on the first day of third grade, I knew you were special, even if you were just some icky girl.” There was scattered laughter, and Max’s smile grew. “Since then, I’ve fallen in love with you, first as a friend and then as something more. I love you, Liz. I love the way your nose wrinkles when you’re going to sneeze, and the way your eyes light up when you’re talking about science. I love the way you wear your hair down, just for me, and the way you smile, and the fact that today is the only day you haven’t worn my class ring since I gave it to you on your eighteenth birthday. I love the fact that I’m marrying my best friend, and I promise,” he turned serious, “To always honor and cherish that friendship, that love, until the day I die.”

He took the gold band off the ring-bearer’s pillow and slid it tenderly onto her ring finger beside her engagement ring. Liz gave a choked laugh and held his hand tightly. She looked up at him, tears in her eyes, and smiled brilliantly.

“Max,” she started, “Today you’re making me the happiest woman in the universe, because happiness is being married to your best friend, and you’ve been my best friend for forever. I’ve loved you for just as long, and I’ll love you for an eternity longer. I’ll love the way your ears turn red when you blush,” there was more laughter from the crowd, and Max’s ears turned red. Liz’s smile grew. “I’ll love the way you hold me, the way you make me feel like the only woman in the room, the way you save that half-smile of yours just for me. Just for me,” she repeated, her voice dropping to a fierce whisper. It was obvious she was only talking to him. That the rest of the church had faded. And he gave her that slow, infuriatingly sexy, half-smile, so that she faltered in her vow. She sent him a glare and continued primly, “I love you, Max Evans,” she declared, “And I promise to always honor and cherish our friendship, our love, until the day I die.”

She took up the thick gold ring left on the red velvet pillow and placed it onto his finger. Then she looked up at him, and met his smile with one of her own.

“By the power vested in me by the state of New Mexico, I now pronounce you man and wife.” Max and Liz looked at him expectantly and he gestured them together, “You may now kiss the bride.”

Max’s grin would’ve blinded the sun as he leaned down and gave his new wife a very gentle kiss. They parted amid clapping and turned to the people sitting in the pews.

“May I present Mr. and Mrs. Maxwell Evans.”
<><><><>

The reception was a nice affair, the speeches were heartfelt and tearful, dinner was delicious (provided by Michael’s catering service), and there were many glass-clinking kisses by the bride and groom.

After dinner the dancing began. The first song was Sheryl Crow’s “I Shall Believe”, sung by Maria. Max and Liz shared the dance lost in each other’s eyes. Then, Max signaled the DJ and gave Liz up to her father with a grin as Michael Bolton’s “Butterfly Kisses” started playing. Songs also included Angela Via’s “Picture Perfect” and Disney’s “Kiss the Girl” to which the happy couple were seen dancing to, laughing merrily.

Afterwards they left in a limo, bubbles bursting around them, to catch their honeymoon cruise to the white sand beaches and turquoise waters of Bermuda.
<><><><>

The End
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

<center>DISTORTED REALITIES</center>

Title: Fading Away
Author: Nicole
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Roswell does not belong to me.
Summary: AU, no aliens. Max Evans is an army brat, and Roswell's his dad's newest post. Liz Parker has had a hard life, she's introverted and never speaks. Max takes a decided interest in the unnoticed girl and attempts to bring her out of her shell.
AN: Liz was not raped. Banner by Destinee.

**#3-Fading Away**

Prologue:

She was quiet, always fading into the background. It was in her nature not to be noticed. She knew what happened when you were noticed. People speculated, made up lies about you to explain why you were the way you are. They pretended to be your friend to discover all your secrets, and then they told the world, turning their backs on you immediately.

She had been watching it happen for years. Watched the falsities and pretenders obliterate helpless lives. She watched the popular kids interact with each other, hiding behind masks, grinding real, honest people beneath their high-heels and thousand-dollar sneakers.

The real people didn’t deserve that. The real people deserved respect for allowing their emotions to show. For feeling. For being real.

She was watching her favorite real people at the moment. She was sitting alone under a small tree in a corner of the quad. The four favorites were eating lunch together at a table nearby, laughing at something.

Michael and Isabel Guerin had an amazing brother/sister relationship. The bond between them was unshakeable, not straining even when their other halves were involved. Those were her other two favorites, the bouncy Maria DeLuca and the ever-grinning Alex Whitman.

They had been friends since second grade, and the bubble of happiness enclosing them had been openly expanded to include their new love interests. And then Maria and Isabel had bonded over girl’s nights while the boys watched hockey.

She heard them discussing weekend plans all the time, or laughing over some event that had happened the day before. She yearned to join in, but she always stopped herself from speaking out. She was an unknown, and while there was a slight possibility of them extending their tight circle, it probably would not be towards her.

A flash out of the corner of her eye snapped her out of her wishful thinking. She shifted her attention and gazed intently at the principal’s office window. Movement was made again and she recognized the outline of a body. An outline not familiar to her, which meant whoever it was, was new.

She couldn’t help but feel something big was going to happen. She shivered in anticipation. Good or bad, she wasn’t sure, but her life was going to change.
<><><><>
dreamangel
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamangel »

Part One:

He was the new boy yet again. It was nothing new, his dad’s career in the military had caused them to move around a lot. This time the father had promised the son that this was it. They’d be staying here permanently.

Yeah, right, Dad. He had been promised that once before, and he had allowed himself to make a real attachment and had a best friend. And then, low and behold, Dad’s commanding officer transferred them to Hawaii.

So the ten-year-old little boy he’d been had bid a tearful good-bye to his only real friend. Zan and he had promised to write, and they still kept in touch, but now he was in Roswell, and Zan was still in San Francisco, and they had grown up, and grown apart.

He paused on his way to his new history class and leaned against a row of lockers, preparing himself for the preliminary opinions and cursory stares. The girls would be checking him over and smiling, then batting their eyelashes, and the flirting would begin. Then their boyfriends would glare and warn him off with unveiled threats of mutilation they never went through with.

Taking a deep breath, he reached for the door handle and turned it. The loud commotions coming from within stopped and he felt everyone’s eyes on him. He ignored them and handed his pass to the teacher, who read it over and then looked at him closely. He kept his face expressionless.

“Well, Mr. Evans, I’m Mr. Sommers, your history teacher. Welcome to class.”

“Thank you,” Max muttered. He made a move to sit down, but Mr. Sommers stopped him.

“And since this is history class, perhaps you might divulge a little information about yourself. It will be an introduction to our newest assignment.”

He nodded reluctantly, not sure what to make of his teacher, and faced the class. He got exactly what he was expecting. The boys were sending him to hell with their eyes, and the girls were fawning, leaning forward provocatively. All except five people.

Four of them were basically in the middle of the room. One of the blondes was smiling at him in a friendly way, no implied invitation to partake in her obviously natural bounty. The other one was practically bouncing out of her seat, batting her lashes outrageously, and twirling her long blond hair around her finger in a ditzy way.

Then she broke down in a fit of giggles and the cheerleader-type she was mocking sent her a death glare.

The spiky-haired boy next to her rolled his eyes and almost, unconsciously smiled. The two were more than likely dating. Then he looked up at Max and gave a small nod of acknowledgement.

The blue-eyed boy behind him grinned widely in welcome and did one of those finger twirls, then pointed at the still-giggling girl, indicating she was insane. The first blonde grabbed his hand and scolded him softly, but she was smiling, and never released his hand.

All of this happened in a matter of seconds, and then he was obligated to start talking before the silence became awkwardly prolonged. “Okay, well, I’m Max Evans. I’m sixteen, and an only child. I’m also an army brat, and I don’t know how long I’ll be staying in Roswell. That’s about it.” He nodded, and then looked at Mr. Sommers, who pointed to an empty seat in the back.

As he made his way to his seat, he met the gaze of the fifth person, and suddenly found his planned non-revealing introduction extremely lacking.

The girl’s bottomless brown eyes seemed to swallow him whole, asking for his secrets, questioning his very existence. He felt like spilling the whole pathetic story of his life for a spark of approval from her.

Then she looked away, and he discovered himself seated at his desk, with a pen out and a notebook open in front of him, with no idea how he’d gotten there.

He looked over at her again and was disappointed to find that her attention was locked on her desk. A desk that was too far away from his. She had pulled it as far back and as far over as she could, until she was trapped in a corner with enough space to for two more desks between the person in front of her and himself.

No one seemed to notice the fact that she seemed to draw into herself and away from everyone else. He frowned and then glanced at her from the corner of his eye. Her eyes were darting around the room, stopping briefly every so often, observing every thing. He was under the impression that she spent most of her time in such a fashion. Just watching.

Her intent gaze moved to him, and he met her searching eyes forthrightly. Her own widened and she blushed, looking quickly down, causing her hair to fall forward. The dark, silky mass hung like a curtain, blocking her features from his own stare.

He had to find out who she was.
<><><><>

Her heart was pounding, threatening to jump out of her chest. And she was blushing. She hadn’t blushed since she was six! What was it about this boy that was making her insides quiver?

Through a part in her hair she could see him leaning toward her. Was he going to talk to her? She was torn between two desires. The desire for him to leave her alone, and the desire to cling to him.

Relief broke over her as Mr. Sommers began to assign their next project, but it was tinged with disappointment as Max straightened back up in his seat.

“Everybody has their secrets. There isn't a person alive today who's what they appear to be. Exposing these secrets is the job of the...historian. Even the most normal of us has extraordinary qualities just waiting to be uncovered.” He sent a meaningful look around the room, raising his eyebrow when his gaze landed on her. “For this assignment, I've paired you together. It is your job as...historians, to find out as much as you can about your partner by asking these specific questions, and then writing up an oral history report for next Monday.”

Mr. Sommers passed the questionnaires out, looking at Pam Troy pointedly until she got up and walked back to hand her the packet. She reached out timidly for it, very much afraid of Pam, but then fear turned into disgust as the redhead pretended to “drop” the papers, which landed near Max’s desk.

Liz knew immediately what the tramp had planned. As Max bent down to pick them up, Pam got down on her knees, causing her short skirt to ride up and giving him an unobstructed view of her hefty breasts, which were practically falling out of the slutty little tank-top she was wearing.

To her relief, Max sat up quickly and shoved the papers into her hands, ignoring her smirk and giving no indication that he had liked what he’d seen. Inwardly, Liz was smiling a smug, falsely sympathetic smile as Pam finally gave her the packet of questions. Outwardly, she was a complete blank, giving Pam an empty-eyed look. She received a glare in return, but didn’t feel intimidated. If anything, she wanted to laugh.

Why did she feel the need to actually feel again?

Then she remembered she had to factor in Max. He was, no doubt, the cause of these alien emotions.

“Uh, excuse me, but these are kinda personal, don’t you think?” Maria asked abruptly, waving the packet like a fan. The question brought Liz back from her unusual contemplation of herself, to the contemplation of her fellow students.

“Maria,” Michael hissed.

“Exactly,” was Mr. Sommers response, “Personal is the goal of the historian, Ms. DeLuca. And who knows? You might make a new friend. Okay, so the partners are as follows: Daskal with Hausman, Kalinowski with Nell, M. DeLuca with M. Guerin, S. DeLuca with Thompson, I. Guerin with Whitman, Troy with McMahon, Trussell with Wolf, Harding with Valenti, Lyons with Surmacz, Okabe with Sahn, Papas with Cooney, and Mr. Evans, you will be with Ms. Parker.” He glanced around the room, glaring over his glasses at the groans. “The report is due Monday, I suggest you get together with your partners as soon as possible.”

She was frozen, realizing she would have to speak to him. He was looking around, confused, obviously not knowing that she was Ms. Parker. She saw him open his mouth to ask-

And the bell rang. She flew from her seat, to the door, and out into the hallway. Calming herself, she gathered her things from her locker and then walked to the parking lot, trying to recall where she had parked her blue Mustang convertible.

She remembered parking it away from the other cars, but where exactly, she wasn’t sure. Walking in the general direction, she peered discreetly around, excluding herself from the shouts of “see ya laters” students were throwing across the parking lot at each other.

Ah-ha! There it was. She stopped though. A frown on her usually unexpressive face. She started cautiously to the driver side door, eyes locked on the unknown car parked next to hers.

Who owned a Jeep? She knew which car every student drove, just as she knew every student. She got into her car, still contemplating the problem. She glanced out the window as she put the key in the ignition.

The new boy, Max Evans, was headed in her direction. He was looking at the ground, unaware of her gaze. She put two and two together. New boy + new car = new boy owns the new car. He owned the car.

Those annoying emotions started fluttering up again. She needed to get away from him. He was messing up her life.
<><><><>

Max came back to himself abruptly, surprised as the blue car he’d parked next to this morning peeled out of the lot.

He sighed and hopped up into his beat-up old army Jeep, his mind still lingering on his two mystery women. He needed to find out who Ms. Parker was for scholastic reasons, and he needed to discover the identity of the dark-haired girl for personal reasons.

Driving home was a blur. His thoughts kept drifting back to history class, and that brief instant her eyes met his. The sadness in those eyes…

“Max?” He looked up to find his mother at his door, watching him anxiously. When had he gotten home? “Honey, you’ve been out here for ten minutes. Is something wrong?”

“No, mom, I was just thinking about school.”

“Did you have a good day?”

“Well, I only got to go to one class, the principal just talked forever, and I already have a big project with a partner I don’t know, and I have yet to actually talk to anyone. All in all, it’s been a typical first day.” He got out and headed toward the front door. His mom put her arm around his waist, not being able to reach his shoulders without walking being awkward.

“Don’t worry, honey, things will improve. Just make some friends and have fun,” she told him soothingly.

“What’s the point if we’re just going to be moving in three months anyway?” he asked deprecatingly.

“Max…” she trailed off as she entered the kitchen. He followed reluctantly and sat at the table while she set out a snack and drinks. “This isn’t a temporary thing. We’re living here now. Permanently.”

“That’s what you said six years ago.”

“Honey, you were ten, and I know you miss Zan, and having a real childhood, just as much as I missed having a real home. But this time it’s different. This time your father’s agreed with me. You need a stable life. So we are living here, and you are living here until you go off to college in two years. Now, accept it and settle down. Let yourself have friends Max.”

He stared at the tabletop, not responding. She sighed and patted his hand, then stood up and left the room.

What if he didn’t want any friends? he thought rebelliously.

Unfailingly, of course, he flashed back to those four kids in class, and that girl…

He really needed to find out her name.
<><><><>