Roswell Gang's future jobs in ff?- an idea

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

spacegirl23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Roswell Gang's future jobs in ff?- an idea

Post by spacegirl23 »

Max: Scientist
Liz: Molecular biologist
Maria: Singer/songwriter.
Michael: A painter who also owns a cafe.
Isabel: Supermodel.
Alex: Software engineer
Kyle: NFL player
Tess: Executive assistant
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Interesting topic. I can see just about every character in one of the previously mentioned future jobs except for Max.

Yeah most fics do have him as a doctor or a lawyer. I understand the doctor aspect more than I do the lawyer one, but as someone mentioned earlier, because of his healing abilities I see Max trying to stay away from the medical field in order to resist the temptation to use his power. After all, I think of all the aliens Max was the biggest stickler on appearing as normal as possible. So I could definitely see him staying in Roswell and running the UFO center, what better way to hide then in plane sight. But that’s IF he stayed in Roswell.

It’s funny but if you think about it, Max and Liz were polar opposites when it came to what they wanted for their futures. Liz definitely wanted to see the world and experience new things, and she wasn’t afraid to go for her dreams, while Max feared having dreams of the future. Max seemed as if he was afraid to even consider leaving Roswell, example being how freaked out he was about Isabel going away to college, and in the speech that Liz made about the aliens having a right to see the world, Max made it sound as if wanted that for her, but that he would never leave Roswell.

If you think about it, it’s kind of sad. Even in the third season when Liz was talking to him about going to Harvard he seemed like he wanted to be supportive of her but that he actually didn’t want her to go. It wasn’t until Graduation when he mentions following her to North Western that we ever see Max make any indication that he would ever leave Roswell, and it’s not even for his own sake, but for the sake of being with Liz. So yeah, I’m not really sure what future job would be suitable for Max if he were ever to leave Roswell.
Kristy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kristy »

CandyDreamQueen wrote:Interesting topic. I can see just about every character in one of the previously mentioned future jobs except for Max.

Yeah most fics do have him as a doctor or a lawyer. I understand the doctor aspect more than I do the lawyer one ...

If you think about it, it’s kind of sad. Even in the third season when Liz was talking to him about going to Harvard he seemed like he wanted to be supportive of her but that he actually didn’t want her to go. It wasn’t until Graduation when he mentions following her to North Western that we ever see Max make any indication that he would ever leave Roswell, and it’s not even for his own sake, but for the sake of being with Liz. So yeah, I’m not really sure what future job would be suitable for Max if he were ever to leave Roswell.
I think people choose the lawyer aspect because both his parents were (actually, I'm not 100% about Diane ... cannon?). I think if he were to stay in Roswell, the best idea I've seen is in Captive Hearts -- co-owner of the UFO Center.
Kristy

"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!" - Homer Simpson

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!" - Stewie Griffin
Gamma Rho Girl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gamma Rho Girl »

I always though Isabel would be in charge of Junior League/PTA/Community Center if not an event plannner.

Of course if she were an event planner, Tess could have been her chef....she did serve that amazing Christmas dinner.

I always thought Kyle would become a PE teacher/coach after playing sports in high school.

Alex would have been a computer engineer.

Maria I could see taking over her mom's shop and changing it to more of a holistic type -oils, candles, meditation store.

Liz would have been a good science teacher.

Max, well, maybe marry Liz and take over the Crashdown one day?

Michael is tough...... maybe he and Jim could open a small woodworking business (Jim could make chairs and Michael could make napkin holders?)

he he he That was fun!
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Michael could be a private investigator. He liked that. Or he could work with his hand, be a carpenter because once again, he had done this great napkin holder.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ken_r »

Liz I always make her a molecular biologist because that is what my son took. It is not an easy field, but that was her choice in story and my son gives me information that i can use.

Max i always thought he would follow in science of some sort. Lawyer is difficult for me because i always write Max with more moral back bone than i see in Lawyers. I know i am prejudiced.

Michael Always could get his GED and go to college. The episodes were wrong in a way. A GED alone is not respected but if you follow it with college no one ever cares. All Michael needed was reason to work. That is fuel for a lot of fic writing.

Isabel If Alex remained i always saw her as using the computer in some sort of graphic design. I guess i could see her in the medical field. Maybe even a school counselor. There are many girls like Isabel in high school who need someone to identify with. They just need direction and permission from themselves that smart girls can be beautiful and popular at least to those who count. She could even run for Vice President she is as pretty as the lady from Alaska.

Kyle Yes it is a 50/50 chance about law enforcement. Children of cops usually are determined to follow their parents or just as determined to avoid what they hated in their parents lives. Since Kyle is a nice guy i usually think of him as a gym teacher. A gym teacher who is not interested about winning but developing his students. That poor kid sitting on the bench who can't hit a ball was always me. I wish i had had a teacher who just wanted me to enjoy sports.

Alex i never had any question he would have been computer engineer.

Tess I never figured her out. i never saw her in service. I think she was a bit selfish to always be doing for others. I see her as CEO or private secretary to CEO. I don't know if she could ever make it as a good teacher. i just do not know.

Maria Music, music teacher, music writer, these i always saw. Thanks to someone,... Maria running an herb shop, is an intriguing idea. maybe a shop dealing in the para normal. I could see Maria as a curendara or even a bruja a healer or dealer in magic in the southwest.

ken r
The internet provider comcast has declared RoswellFanatics as spam and is blocking any emails from RF. PM me if you want more information.
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-
Kachie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kachie »

I agree with a lot of what everyone's given so far. Max is the tough one. There was one fic where he became a doctor and Tess was a nurse who worked with him and mindwarped when a cover up was needed. Someone mentioned a social worker for Michael, but I almost can see Max doing something like that. He can be such a caring person and I can really see him getting easily lost in helping other kids with problems. (and not just those who he thinks are connected to his son) But yeah, something in that sort of field. . . and I don't really think he'd care about getting a job that would make him good money. He seems like the not for profit type.
Don't ask where I'm going, just listen when I've gone. - "Corner of the Sky" Pippin
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

ken_r wrote: Kyle Yes it is a 50/50 chance about law enforcement. Children of cops usually are determined to follow their parents or just as determined to avoid what they hated in their parents lives.
I'm the daughter of a cop and have several uncles and an aunt who were cops and I saw many children of cops to become firemen. I could see Kyle becoming a fireman.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

ken_r wrote: Kyle Yes it is a 50/50 chance about law enforcement. Children of cops usually are determined to follow their parents or just as determined to avoid what they hated in their parents lives.
I'm the daughter of a cop and have several uncles and an aunt who were cops and I saw many children of cops become firemen. I could see Kyle becoming a fireman.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Future Jobs, okay let’s see.

I 50% agree with the person that said Social Work for Max. He seemed like the type of person that would want to help kids. But I only agree 50% because Max was such a reserved person and he only really opened up to the people that knew his secret. I don’t know how good he would be at getting other children to open up. But I will admit, Max was a lot more outgoing towards the end of the series than he was at the beginning.

I always hated it that Michael didn’t graduate with the others. I get that they needed a reason for him to not be at the graduation, but it just sucks that they spent the season developing the fact that Michael was working two jobs and going to school just to have him not graduate in the end. Other than that, it seems like there were a number of jobs Michael could be good at in the future. A lot of fics have him as an artist. I’m not sure. It was pretty clear that Michael was a smart guy that was good at a lot of things. He seemed a jack of all trades really.

Isabel I could see as being some sort of event coordinator…that drives all of her employees mad lol. Maybe a wedding planner. Or maybe just a PTA mom.

Tess. I think Tess is probably the only character that they never showed any future career aspect to. But I can understand that since she never had any intentions of having a future career on earth. But if she had to have one, I see Tess going into a career where she could use hero powers. Unlike the rest, Tess never seemed to have any problem with using her powers.

Liz. If Liz wasn’t a Molecular biologist I could easily see her as being a biology teacher. She seems like she would be the type of teacher that would be excited about her subject and wants her students to be excited about it too.

Maria. Maria was totally a rock star. No doubt.

Alex. Ok rather than just saying something that has to do with computers I’m going to say I can see Alex as like the head of some sort of big security agency .

Kyle. I kind of get the idea that Kyle hated the idea of being a police officer, so I’m going to say high school coach was more of his style.

~Chad~