The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MATURE) [COMPLETE] 12-29-08

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.9 pg11 11-14-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part and for the help in picking which fic I am going to start to post next! Thanks...

garcia88
SnowyOwl-17
AvalonRose
pandas2001
Maiqu
forever dreamer
Vampyrolover86
LizMichael 4 Ever

Please let me know what you think of this new part!

Part 10: A Rescue

The cars slowly pulled up in front of the monster of a building the slowly rising sun held no heat for them. Sam looked sullenly at his brother who was huddled together with Tyler and Caleb, he didn’t like that they weren’t going in together. “Alright boys and girls here is how we are going to play this.” Dean spoke up gaining their attention.

Max pulled his sister close as they joined the others looking to Dean who had become their unofficial leader in the rescue mission. Max felt as if someone was glaring at him willing him to die right on the spot, he looked towards the building and saw nothing but he knew that the stare was not coming from there. He looked around the group and saw Jeff Parker’s eyes on him, for a moment he could have sworn he saw a flash of white in his eyes. “Max?” Isabel asked softly tugging on his hand.

“Nothing Isabel.” He muttered looking away from Jeff a tingle running down his spine. “Nothing at all.”

“Alright people we all meet back here by five o’clock this evening. Keep your phones on at all times and if you run into trouble you know what to do. Remember you need to be out by five and I mean five.” Dean said.

“Why?” Nancy asked rubbing her pale throat feeling sick.

“Because at five tomorrow Castiel and Uriel destroy this place and the land around it.” Dean said.

“They are going to destroy the town?” Sam asked looking horrified.

“Yes.” Dean said, “They have to make sure that this place is gone for good and anything that is might have contaminated. Plus if we get lucky Lilith the evil hell bitch might still be inside.” Dean smirked ignoring his brother’s scoff. “Everyone understand?” Dean asked and the group sounded out a dead ‘yes’.

Caleb and Tyler nodded at the older men of the Covenant before they led Dean to the front door. “Stand back.” Tyler said as his eyes turned black strange black streams flying out of his finger tips as they raced towards the front doors curling around them ripping them off their hinges pulling them back towards the group in a furiously loud crunch.

“What the hell was that?” Isabel breathed her brown eyes wide as she clung to her brother. Tyler turned his dark eyes on her grinning bumping fists with a proud Caleb.

“That was a taste of what he can do. There is a reason we call Tyler the Destroyer.” Caleb chuckled.

“Yup I like to rip stuff apart.” Tyler admitted.

“Does that include people?” Bobby asked the witch who shifted nervously.

“That was an accident.” Tyler muttered, “Besides he had it coming.”

“Enough.” Dean groaned rubbing his forehead. “Now remember their powers won’t work in there so you need to rely on weapons and your brain. Everyone knows what to do?” Dean asked and they nodded. Dean motioned for the group to follow as they made their way into Skyler Hill, for several it felt as if they were walking to their doom.

Tess walked in front of the two boys hugging the gun to her aching body. They were slowed down by having to carry two unconscious girls but for once Tess couldn’t complain, all she wanted was for their whole group to make it out of there alive. As they rounded the corner Tess groaned. “We are going in circles.” She muttered.

“No we aren’t.” Reid growled.

“Yes we are, see the footprints, they match ours.” Tess said jerking her gun towards the floor.

“She is right. We should have run into the stairs by now.” Pogue said adjusting Liz in his arms. She might be light as hell but even a feather starts to get heavy after awhile.

“This place is messing with us again.” Tess growled leaning against the wall, “It wants to lead us somewhere and until we go where it wants us to it is just going to keep on playing with us.”

“Pogue do you recognize the floor?” Reid asked looking pained as Maria rubbed against his healing skin.

“Second floor looks like it is the east wing. East wing was where the offices were.” Pogue muttered and Reid nodded.

“Are we supposed to go into an office or something would that make them happy?” Tess asked.

“I don’t know about you Goldie Locks but I am not about to do anything that this damn place wants.” Reid muttered.

“My name is Tess in case you didn’t hear Liz.” She huffed.

“No fighting.”Pogue growled, “God the two of you are worse than Caleb and Chase.” Pogue growled.

“Sorry.”Tess mumbled and Pogue nodded. “I just want to find my friend and get us all the hell out of here. Hell being back on Antar in Kvar’s hands would be better than this.” Tess mumbled.

“Oh you are one of the aliens.” Pogue said startling Reid and Tess. “Liz told me about you.”

“Liz told!” Tess hissed.

“Liz is good at keeping secrets Tess she keeps hers and mine, she only told me so that I could be on the lookout for anything that might come after you.” Pogue said, “She wouldn’t betray you like that.”

“I know.” Tess sighed, “I wish she would do something that would make me hate her or at least justify how I treated her.” Tess mumbled.

“Good luck.” Reid laughed. “Lizzie is one of the nicest people around, it annoys the hell out of me at times. When we were kids I would pick on her and she never did anything to get back at me.” Reid sighed.

“Yes she did.” Pogue laughed looking amused for the first time in the hell whole, “She used to tell me what you did and Caleb and I would torment you. You mean to tell me you never put that together?” Pogue asked laughing. Reid pulled a face and groaned.

A loud sound shook them suddenly. It sounded as if someone had ripped a door off of its hinges. “What the hell was that?” Tess squeaked hugging closer to the others.

Pogue and Reid just grinned at her, “Caleb and Tyler are here.” Reid chuckled, “Now the party is really going to begin.”

“Oh yeah that’s right they are probably with the others.” Tess muttered.

“How many of you exactly are there?” Pogue asked.

“You mean aliens or others as in how many are in the group?” She asked.

“Both.” Reid said.

“Well Max and Isabel are also here and they are like Michael and I. Then there are your dad’s, the Parker’s, Valenti’s, Winchester’s, Bobby Maria’s dad, and the Whitman’s.” Tess answered.

“Looks like the gang is really all here again.” Pogue said, “This is good, now come on we have to go and get Michael and get to them.” Pogue said.

“Wouldn’t it be best to just wait right here for them to come and find us?” Tess asked.

“No, one thing you should know about this place Tess is you never want to stay in one place for too long. Your soul attracts the ghosts and other crap lurking here and that is bad.” Pogue said nudging her forward. “Now come on.”

Michael finally figured out he was in a padded room of some kind and it was going to be next to impossible for the others to hear him. The freaky woman had not come back but Michael knew that she was just waiting for him to step outside the circle so she could attack him. He knew it was dangerous but his best bet was to just wait there and hope that Tess, Max, and Isabel might be able to sense him as he could them. Michael hated knowing that he had to rely on others to save him but when his life was on the line in such unfamiliar circumstances it was something he was willing to risk.

He knew that Tess was close he could feel the slight mental tug that he knew was her signature, but he knew that she was not focused on him enough to be able to feel him. He didn’t know how he knew it but he did. Michael froze when he heard the loud crunching sound that shook the room slightly, that was definitely not a normal sound.

“Great.” Michael muttered, “I am so going to die here.”

Dean tapped Caleb and Tyler and motioned for them to follow him, they were going to start with the basement the worst of the worst and work their way up. The two witches nodded loading their guns as they glanced up at the ceiling. “Well that explains a hell of a lot.” Tyler muttered.

Caleb stared at the dark symbols wishing more than anything that he could wipe them away, but magic was never that simple. “Come on.” Dean said as they made their way towards the stairs.

“Those symbols had to take weeks to do.” Tyler said and Dean nodded.

“Lilith has been planning this little trap for a long time apparently. This whole place looks like it is covered in that crap.”

“Where are we going to set up?” Caleb asked with a smirk.

“I was thinking room 13.” Dean grinned and the two witches chuckled darkly nodding in agreement.

“Bring the demon to the Demon of Millersville.” Tyler laughed softly, “Clever Winchester.”

“Well someone in my family has to be.” Dean muttered as they crept silently down the stairs the small hairs standing on end all over their body as a cackle bounced off the walls freezing them in place.

“Shit.” Caleb breathed and Dean nodded. “We are just tempting the fates aren’t we.”
Last edited by Ansleyrocks on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.10 pg12 11-16-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part! Thanks...

SnowyOwl-17
behrstars
C&N214
garcia88
AvalonRose
Maiqu
alexceasar
Vampyrolover86- Thanks for pointing that out, I had Reid on the brain that day! :lol:
pandas2001
forever dreamer

Part 11: A Rescue II

Kyle wanted to go home, he hated Skyler Hill and wanted to run in the opposite direction not go inside! Alex though wouldn’t let him run and had to practically drag Kyle inside while Jeff Parker just glowered at them. “Come on Kyle this is for Maria and Liz our girls remember.” Alex said trying to snap his friend out of his panicked fear.

“Right for Liz and Maria oh and Tess and Michael I can do this I need to do this I can’t let them get killed by evil scary dead things even though I am putting myself in danger of getting killed by those things as well.” Kyle stammered turning miserably to his silently laughing father whose shoulders were shaking mercilessly.

“Not funny dad.” Kyle hissed.

“Come on you two let’s go up to the third floor and start there.” Jim said leading the way for the two boys.

“Bye dad.” Alex said slapping his tall father on the back as Charles headed off with two witches. Alex took one last look at the group taking note of Jeff Parker’s vacant expression. Jeff seemed to sense Alex was looking at him as his head slowly turned to look him dead in the eyes.

“Alex?” Kyle called as Jeff and the others walked away.

“We have a problem.” Alex breathed his face turning a sickly white.

“What’s that son?” Jim asked checking his gun one last time before the others were completely out of sight.

“Jeff Parker is possessed by a demon.” The father and son paused mid step and turned to look at the gangly teen.

“Are you sure?” Jim asked looking ill.

“Positive.” Alex said and apparently that was good enough for Jim as he pulled out his cell phone to call the others.

“Damn it!” Jim swore flipping his phone closed as he adjusted the black ball cap on his head. “We have no cell reception in this damn place.” Jim growled as Alex and Kyle quickly pulled out their phones to see if he was right.

“Well there goes that mean of communication.” Kyle grumbled.

“I imagine the radio is not going to work as well.” Alex sighed.

“What makes you say that?” Jim asked leaning against the banister.

“That symbol.” Alex said pointing a shaky finger at the large sun with a sword through it that seemed to cover the expanse of the ceiling above the stairs; several dark symbols from different demonic tomes surrounding it. “It is a symbol that will render anything we bring in that is electronic useless, except flash lights for some reason I have yet to figure out why.” Alex said.

“Wait you said anything we bring in so that means that the things in here work.” Jim pointed out and Alex nodded.

“In theory, but there is no power to this place so you are shit out of luck there.” Alex said.

“Then what the hell is that humming noise?” Kyle asked cocking an eyebrow at Alex who paled considerably.

“That would be the energy of this place. Theoretically if a building has enough supernatural and cosmic energy running through it, it could recharge itself and emit a power of sorts.” Alex said.

“So when this place woke up what?” Jim asked.

“Think of this place as a rechargeable battery.” Alex said motioning for the father and son to follow him not wanting to stay in one place too long. “When the battery runs out it goes silent but when it is hooked up to a power source it boots right back up.”

“So what is the power source?” Kyle asked.

“Pogue, Reid and Liz.” Alex said, “Oh and Paul, Nancy and Ryan as well now. Now that all six of them are in this building as well as several other highly charged entities such as Caleb, Tyler, Sam, Dean, Max, Michael, Isabel, and Tess this place is just roaring to go.” Alex said.

“Shit.” Jim breathed, “We have to get the others out of here fast.”

“Yes time is of the essence.” Alex agreed and they were off.

####

Dean slowly peaked his blonde head around the corner to check the hall, it was clear. He let out the giant breath and had been holding and he heard Tyler and Caleb do the same. “Clear.” He said before motioning for them to follow him towards the room they planned to use.

He knew that it was stupid to use room 13 but when you thought about it from the supernatural standpoint it made sense; the room with the biggest psycho would have one of the largest charges and would be easier to summon a demon to. Room thirteen appeared on their left before they wanted it to, the metallic scent of blood tickling their noses.

“That’s fresh.” Tyler said pointing to the corner of the dark room where a large pool of blood had gathered. “And so is this.” Tyler motioned towards the floor where bloody drag marks were and several hand prints.

“Damn.” Dean muttered, “That is a lot of blood, from the looks of it from more than one person too.”

“How can you tell?” Caleb asked walking inside trying not to gag from the overwhelming scent of the room.

“Different sized handprints. Those in the corner are small like a girl’s probably Liz’s while these here by the door are larger probably from Pogue or Reid.” Dean said.

“Reid.” Tyler whispered.

“How can you tell?” Dean asked.

“The void in the handprint.” Tyler pointed to a thick clean gap in the grooves of the hand extending over the entire palm. “When we were five Reid sliced his hand open on a box cutter and had to have twenty stitches. That is the same shape of his scar.” Tyler explained.

“Nice.” Dean said.

“What were they doing in here?” Caleb whispered hovering over the pool of blood.

“From the looks of things they were dragged in here against their will and held captive. From the tracks two different people were dragged in but only one person walked out, one set of bloody shoe prints.” Dean said.

“Then where did Liz go?” Tyler asked his eyebrows knitting together as the lines on his forehead creased dangerously.

“Reid must have taken her with him; he wouldn’t leave her here for anything.” Caleb said.

“We need to start setting up.” Dean said pulling his dad’s journal from inside his coat as the two witches pulled other supplies out of Tyler’s backpack.

“We need a chair.” Caleb said.

“We will go together to get one.” Dean said and the two boys nodded.

“Trust me Dean; we don’t plan on leaving your sight for anything.” Tyler grunted. “We are not stupid.”

“Plus we suck at shooting guns.” Caleb muttered as he started to draw on the floor with the red dye.

“Making me feel real safe here boys.” Dean looked incredibly uncomfortable.

“We try.” Tyler said his cheeky smile in place. Dean glowered at him wishing he could smack the smirk off his face but he needed the little witch to help him still so that would have to wait.

“Why do these symbols have to be so complex?” Caleb groaned his hand aching after just a minute of drawing.

“Man you guys whine as much as Sam.” Dean muttered moving Tyler out of the way handing him a gun so he could take over with the drawings. “We still need to do the ceiling.”

Tyler looked up and froze. “Ah Dean, Dean.” Tyler croaked.

“Yeah?” He grunted.

“We have a problem.” Tyler whispered.

Dean looked over at Tyler and saw the teen looking at the ceiling so he followed his path and froze. “Oh.” Dean whispered as Caleb finally stopped drawing wanting to see what the fuss was about.

“Dean…” Caleb muttered looking ill.

“Run.”

####

The room felt like an ice box. It had been steadily growing colder the longer he sat there to where his butt was now numb and his nose was sure to fall off any second. His breath materialized before him in the dark room and he could feel ice crystals developing inside his nose, it was so cold. He was from the desert and sure it got cold sometimes but never like this; he wanted to go home like now.

He always felt as if he was being watched as if someone was sitting just outside the circle looking at him daring him to move an inch. Sometimes Michael thought that he could even hear the person breathing and see their cold breath mingle with his. Soft snickers bounced off the dull walls sending ice through his veins. The only thing worse than not knowing you had an enemy out there was knowing the enemy existed and was sitting silent in front of you. This was truly hell.

“Not long now little one.” A female rasped, “She will be here soon.”
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.11 pg13 11-18-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys sorry for not posting on Thursday I was working on a paper that was due at 7:oo PM on Friday and I was freaking so very sorry. Thank you all so much for the reviews, because you were all so nice I made this new part a little longer than normal. Thanks...

garcia88
AvalonRose
Maiqu
Vampyrolocer86
Emerald_iceus
Lightning Summer
elfangel01
pandas2001
Mel1307
forever dreamer- yeah decided you guys needed a break last part on the blood
behrstars
Twilighteyes

Part 12: A Rescue III

Dean pushed the two witches out of the room just as the manic cackle resounded bouncing off the old walls. The three ran towards the stairs as the thing with a caged head slithered down the walls like a human spider and charged after them on hands and knees at an alarming pace. “Run faster!” Dean roared not even having enough time to go for the gun Tyler was holding.

“What the hell is that?” Caleb asked as his feet slammed up the old steps praying that they did not collapse under his abuse.

“The Demon of Millersville.” Dean said as another cackle sounded behind them closer than before until Dean felt a tug on his ankle. The blonde tripped and fell to the floor his chin slamming onto the step as his teeth pierced his tongue.

Tyler heard the fall and whipped around in time to see Dean being dragged down the steps. He reacted on instinct and pulled the gun up taking careful aim and firing the shot gun at the ghost. He didn’t see if he hit or not due to the backlash from the gun sending him flying onto his back knocking the wind from him in a painful rush.

“Dean!” Caleb yelled letting out an enraged yell when he realized his powers were useless, he was useless in this fight. The blonde lay at the bottom of the steps his head tilting up to look at the two teens blood trickling out of his mouth.

“You almost shot me.” Dean said spitting on the ground to clear his mouth as he made his way up the stairs wanting to get as far away from the basement as possible. “Thanks though.”

“No problem.” Tyler groaned sitting up.

Dean winced looking down at the blue eyed boy, “You didn’t stand properly.”

Tyler glared at him from the ground his eyes willing death to the blonde, “I didn’t have time to think about that, unlike some of us it is not an instinct.” Tyler growled.

Dean rolled his eyes childishly as Caleb helped Tyler up. “Well unlike you people I can’t shoot shit out of my hands.”

“Yeah well right now we can’t either.” Caleb said, “And it is annoying I feel extremely helpless and it is more than a little unsettling.”

“Well right now I am feeling more than a little unsettled myself.” Dean muttered.

“Anyone would after almost being dragged off by that ghost.” Caleb tried to console the hunter but Dean just brushed him off with a shake of his head.

“It is not that, that has me unsettled.” Dean said moving up the stairs deciding that they were going to have to do the ritual someplace else, find a different power base.

“Then what is it?” Tyler asked adjusting the bag that was weighing down heavily on his back.

“The fact that none of us realized he was there until you looked up. We should have felt or seen something before that and yet we didn’t.” Dean said.

“What does that mean?” Caleb asked.

“I don’t know but whatever it is it can’t be good.”
####

Max and Isabel could now safely say that they were idiots, they would have to be to willingly go along with this kind of terror. They could feel the energy pulsing from the building and their sensitive noses were picking up the worst scents imaginable. Max could smell blood everywhere even old blood that was hidden behind the smoky smell that permeated through the air chocking them.

The higher up in the building they got the clearer the air seemed to get as if it hadn’t been touched by the damage. Bobby and Sam motioned for them to be alert as they crept down the hallway; chairs and old tables thrown into the hall half eaten by flames and time. Sam suddenly held up his hand signaling for them to stop his boyish face suddenly hard as he gazed straight down the corridor.

“What do you sense?” Bobby asked.

“I don’t know I have never felt anything like it, something strong though and I am thinking a demon.” Sam whispered his dark eyes flickering back and forth between the group and the end of the hall.

“Lilith?” Bobby asked and Sam shook his head.

“Less powerful but still packs a punch whoever it is feels like Lilith but also like Ruby.”

“Probably a general than.” Bobby muttered.

“Ah very good Robert.” A noisily lisped voice laughed from somewhere down the hall as a man in a sport coat and dress pants appeared before them his black eyes staring gleefully at the four.

Isabel and her brother felt a ripple of fear role through them as the man assessed them; but they knew he was no man he was a demon. “Sammy Winchester my how much I have heard about you.” The man simpered leisurely making his way towards them adjusting his tie. “Your brother screamed for you for years in the pit until he could scream no more.” The man laughed.

“Who are you?” Sam growled hugging his gun tightly mentally preparing to call on his powers hoping that since they were demonic they would still work in the Sanitarium.

“Oh I see Dean never spoke of me.” The man pouted before a smile spread over his middle aged face. “Like the meat suit?” He asked Bobby, “It’s a pediatrician.” He purred.

Sam slowly started to raise his hand to expel the demon when the demon raised his hand as well wagging a finger at Sam. “Ah, ah little Sammy I wouldn’t do that.” He purred out making the aliens cringe, while the man looked human there was something about how he spoke that left no confusion as to what he was; a demon.

“Why not?” Sam growled starting to build up his power.

“Because that will never work on me.” The man grinned before he charged Sam grabbing him by the neck before he threw him through the wall. Bobby grabbed the knife that could kill demons and charged at the man only to be knocked away as if he were air. The demon straightened up and adjusted his tie again before he turned to the two aliens a wicked grin on his face.

“Oh Max and Isabel or should I call you Zan and Vilandra?” He asked laughing at their stunned looks of horror. “Oh yes I have heard so much about you from your little friends I think one of them is called Pierce, Daniel Pierce.” The man said his black eyes glittering in the dim light unnaturally pleased with himself.

“He screams about you and your little friends all the time.” The demon hissed, “As I slice away his skin.”

“Good he had it coming.” Max barked pushing Isabel behind him as the demon closed in on them looking euphoric.

“Yes he did after he made the deal with us, see he was a smart man and knew of the rather cruel details of this world and what was really in its belly. He wanted to find the four aliens and kill them like any good hunter, but he was inexperienced so he asked for a little help. Someone must have mentioned crossroads to him and soon we had little Danny at our doorstep begging us to send the four of you to him in return we would have his soul and boy did we deliver and collect.”

Max felt tingles shiver down his back as cold sweat appeared over his skin, he felt ill. Isabel clung to him shaking as she listened to the demon who knew too much. “Who are you?” She whimpered.

“Ask Dean Winchester he will tell you all about me.” The demon said glancing at the two human hunters stirring on the ground. He nodded his head at the aliens before he vanished from their sight.

“Where did he go?” Max asked looking about.

“He probably went to tell Lilith we are all here.” Bobby said.

“We have to go and find Dean we need to know who we are dealing with.” Isabel hissed as Sam rubbed the back of his sore head. He shared a look with Bobby and the older hunter nodded.

“Alright fine we will go and get Dean.” Sam grumbled before the four took off. One thing was for sure in all of their minds; whoever that demon was he was more powerful than any of them realized.
####

Paul Parry prided himself on being a tough man and someone who was always prepared, but walking into Skyler Hill for the third time in his life was something that chilled him to his core. Every little sound the building made brought up a horde of bad memories and every scent increased his gnawing fear. Ryan Garwin shadowed his movements as they combed the halls for their sons, Paul’s niece and her friends. “Something feels off here Paul.” Ryan whispered pointing to the section of rooms that used to hold the hysterical patients; the padded rooms.

“I can feel it as well.” The other witch replied lifting his gun in case a ghost was on the other side, they needed to check out any abnormal feel because it could be one of the aliens or another witch.

Ryan looked at his friend and the two nodded at each other. “On three I pull the door open you clear the room.” Ryan instructed and Paul nodded again as his friend counted them off. “One. Two. Three!” He whispered opening the door. Light flooded the dark room illuminating a boy sitting in a salt circle with his eyes closed.

“Michael?” Ryan called and the alien teen opened his eyes looking ready to cry in relief.

“Thank you god!” He whispered standing up his eyes darting around the room nervously.

“Come on.” Paul instructed but Michael shook his head. “Why not?” The witch asked looking put off.

“Because she is waiting for me to move.” Michael whispered, “She is waiting for me to leave this circle and then she is going to pounce.”

Ryan and Paul shared a look as they raised their weapons again. “We got you Michael come on.” Paul instructed and the teen reluctantly nodded before he sprinted out of the room past the two men to stand in the open hall.

Michael had been right she had been waiting for him to move; it had been a trap. The air chilled considerably as the supernatural entity built up enough energy to manifest. The two witches raised their guns looking about for the ghost when a high pitched laugh sounded from behind them. The two whipped around their guns pointed to right where Michael was standing, a ghost at his side.

She was a frail looking thing old and shriveled with half of her face burnt off making their stomachs turn. “You were supposed to stay.” She hissed at Michael before her hand shot out and connected with his chest sending him flying down the hall with amazing force. Ryan didn’t waste any time as he shot off a round watching the rock salt connect with the ghost disposing of her for now. Paul took off toward Michael’s crumpled form bending down to check on him.

“You alright?” Paul asked as Michael opened his eyes his face scrunched in annoyance and pain.

“No. I hate ghosts I prefer alien hunters to this crap.” He grumbled sitting up before standing with Ryan’s help.

“We know the feeling.” Ryan said giving the kid a small smile.

“Now come on we have to get out of this damn place.” Paul said, “We need to trust that the others will find our kids.”

“Wait you didn’t find them?” Michael asked looking scared again. “Then we need to go looking for them.” He babbled.

Ryan shook his head, “No Michael we need to get out of here with you and wait for the others and the rendezvous point.”

The older witches led Michael down towards the stairs as someone suddenly rammed into the alien teen knocking him on his butt once again. “Oph” the other person grunted before looking down as other footsteps joined them.

“Michael!” Isabel shrieked before she jumped on him, he was glad that he was already on the ground because she would have surely knocked him over again.

“Glad you found him.” Bobby said looking around, “Where is Jeff?” He asked looking confused.

Paul and Ryan froze glancing at each other and then the others in front of them, “What are you talking about?” Paul whispered through the ball of cotton forming in his mouth.

“Jeff Parker was supposed to go with you two.” Sam said looking annoyed.

“He told us he was heading with you four.” Ryan said as Paul started laughing the gruff sound making the teens and Sam jump.

“Well played old man.” Paul growled, “I am going to kill him but well played.”

“What?” Bobby asked.

“He is possessed by a demon.” Paul said.

Ryan’s blue eyes widened in understand, “So the wards weren’t wrong.” He whispered.

“No, at least Caleb will rest easy now after we tell him that.”

“What is going on?” Isabel asked her hands on her slim hips as she looked back and forth between the grown men.

“When all of you arrived at the Danvers residence Caleb’s wards started to go crazy. When we saw it was you we thought that maybe they were just picking up on the alien signature and not a demon but apparently we were wrong.” Paul said.

“Well how do you know that he didn’t just go wandering off on his own I mean he could really want to look for his daughter.” Max pointed out but Sam shook his head biting his lower lip fiercely.

“He is too good a hunter for that, he would know that walking into this place by himself is a sure way to get killed and would only put Liz in more danger. He would never go off by himself.” Sam said.

“But a demon would.” Bobby growled.

“Well that makes two in here now.” Sam sighed.

“Two?” Paul snarled looking furious.

“We just ran into one wearing a pediatrician upstairs, except this is not your ordinary foot soldier he is something else.” Bobby said.

“And apparently he knows my brother.” Sam huffed.

Ryan shifted nervously sharing yet another look with Paul annoying the other five. “What?” Michael growled making the two men even antsier.

“What was the demon like?” Paul asked.

“Cocky as hell and he talked about torture. Um he was wicked strong and I mean strong and he just felt different than the others.” Sam said not liking their dark looks, “You know who it is don’t you?” He scoffed.

Paul cleared his throat looking extremely uncomfortable, “Well I am not sure but we do know that Lilith has a few favorites and one of them that has not been to the surface for over a thousand years that sounds exactly like that and much worse.” Paul said.

“When exactly was he last on surface?” Sam asked.

“Around 43…BCE.” Paul said.

Bobby whistled removing his trucker hat to wipe his forehead, “That is one old demon.”

“His name is Alistair and if he said that Dean knows him that is really not good.” Ryan said.

“Why?” Sam asked a sick feeling rising in his stomach.

“Because he specializes in breaking souls.” Ryan said.
####

Pogue looked torn, he wanted to get the hell out of the sanitarium and to safety but at the same time he was curious and wanted to see what the office down the hall held; there had to be a reason that the ghosts were sending them there. Liz whimpered in his arms bringing him back to reality as he looked down at her. She didn’t look good she had lost too much blood and she was dead cold and after her brief lucid moment she never woke up again.

“Come on we have to find Michael.” Maria muttered from Reid’s arms. Pogue knew that Reid’s arms were probably burning from the strain of carrying Maria by now as his were.

“Do you want me to try and hold her?” Tess whispered looking at Liz, “She doesn’t look that heavy.”

Pogue gave her a weak smile, “She isn’t that heavy at first but after awhile she will be.”

Tess’s face hardened slightly, “Well you and Reid need a break I should help and when we find Michael if he is in good shape he will help as well.” Tess said, “Now hand her over.”

Pogue looked at the small blonde weighing his options, he was not too sure he wanted to let Liz go she was too fragile and he was afraid of losing her. “I am going to carry her fireman style Pogue, it will be easier on me and I will be able to carry her longer giving you a rest.” Tess said. Pogue was didn’t think that was a good idea and she could tell.

“Liz’s wounds are sensitive and…”

“She will be fine, if you think she is in pain or not doing well then I will hand her back to you.” Tess promised.

“You do need a break Pogue.” Reid grunted as he adjusted Maria again.

Pogue reluctantly nodded and set Liz on the floor as Tess squared herself to pick Liz up. The tiny blonde took a deep breath and heaved lifting Liz easily. “Now come on we need to get to Michael.” Tess grunted as Pogue led the way this time. Little did the group of five teens know they were running on borrowed time.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.12 pg15 11-22-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the reviews to the las part I am glad that you are liking this fic it makes me feel better since this is very different than others I have written. Thanks...

garcia88
Twilighteyes
forever dreamer
AvalonRose
Maiqu
Mel1307
behrstarts
SnowyOwl-17
NeVerLoKeBaCk

Part 13: A Rescue IV

She wanted nothing to do with this place it was hell on earth, literally. Unfortunately for her, he was in there and that did not sit well with her she was not just going to let him go and be slaughtered. Running a hand through her dark locks she steeled herself for her coming task; save Sam Winchester.

“Come on Ruby you can do this just march one foot in front of the other and walk through the front door.” The demon hissed looking at the gaping hole that used to be the front door. “Oh this is bad, nothing good can do that.” She mumbled.

She cautiously made her way inside jumping when the old pipes groaned. “Come on Ruby you have been in the pit this is nothing compared to that…except that the demons running around this place are from the pit, hell they run the pit.” She whispered stepping into the front hall. The scent of the blood called to her making her head swim, a down side of being a demon.

“Great so someone is hurt, bad.” She growled.

“Okay Sam where the hell are you?” She growled her black eyes quickly replaced by the human brown. Ruby looked up and growled, “Just what we need, wards.”

Dean, Tyler, and Caleb stumbled into the main lobby startling Ruby who jumped a foot into the air. “Damn Winchester, don’t do that to me!” Ruby growled. Dean reeled back knocking into the two witches.

“Ruby!” He huffed pushing the two boys behind him.

“Demon.” Caleb growled, “Show your true self.”

Ruby didn’t know what came over her but all of the sudden she felt herself rising to the surface of the meat suit and she knew her eyes had shifted at the command of the teen in front of her. Dean looked at Caleb in awe, “Dude that is a sweet ability.” He breathed.

“It’s not an ability just power hierarchy, she has to listen to us.” Tyler said, “She is beneath us.” Contempt oozed from his silky voice reminding Dean once again that these teens were not exactly human.

“What are you doing here Ruby?” Dean asked as she stared at Caleb and Tyler fearfully not knowing if their powers were active or not.

“Looking for Sam. I need to get him out of here.” She said backing away.

“Sam is needed here.” Dean said.

“No he needs to get the hell out of here.” Ruby huffed.

“Not until Liz and the others are out of here safely.” Dean ground out with utter contempt for the demon in front of him.

Ruby narrowed her eyes at him, “Just because your girlfriend was stupid and walked in here doesn’t mean that Sam has to be here.” Ruby spat.

Dean couldn’t control it, his eyes burned as he stared at her and he lunged taking the demon by surprise as he struck her. Ruby didn’t know what to do she had never fought Dean when he was this angry, he was different, his actions held no predictability and more force than he had ever used with her. The knee to the kidneys actually hurt when she felt a thin blade at her neck gently slicing into her skin. A scream ripped from her throat when she felt the burning pain of her knife.

“Sam is here of his own free will to help Liz and the others and you and not taking him away. Liz is more important than you could ever imagine.” Dean growled into her ear the knife sliding deeper into her skin. “If you do anything to impede Liz’s rescue I will show you exactly what my experience in the pit was like.” Dean growled too softly for either of the witches to hear but Ruby heard him clearly. “Liz, Reid, and Pogue were taken here against their will by Lilith and dropped in here with the ghosts that have haunted them.”

Ruby looked at Dean staring him dead in the eye and for the first time since she met the demon hunter she felt truly scared for her life. There was no warmth in his eyes just malice and it was all directed at her. For the first time since she became a demon Ruby found herself looking down in submission to a human. “Now you can either help us Ruby or get the hell out of here because we are not leaving until we know the others are safe.”

“I will help you.” She whispered finally meeting his eyes, “I will help you for Sam.”

“So sweet on him or something?” Tyler asked shocking Dean and Caleb.

“Tyler!” Caleb groaned.

“What? I know you were thinking the same thing there is no other reason for her to be here.” Tyler said and Caleb eventually nodded in agreement.

“No.” She said a little too quickly as Dean’s face screwed up.

“Ruby that is just wrong I mean blah that is nasty I mean I suspected that the two of you were getting groiny but come on.” Dean huffed as Ruby shifted around nervously.

Dean and Ruby suddenly froze their eyes darting about as the witches looked around as well a chill crawling down their spines making their stomachs feel weak. “Where is it?” Ruby asked.

“No clue.” Caleb answered back.

A soft rasp sounded in the entrance hall as a slim woman came into view covered in blood, her skin ripe with cuts as she wielded her knife. “I’m sorry.” She said her eyes trained on Ruby who was slowly backing away. Dean blinked and saw that the woman was now in front of Ruby.

“I’m sorry.” The woman said again as her arm raised slightly. Dean lifted his gun loading another round and he heard Caleb and Tyler do the same but they were too late as the blade sliced through Ruby’s leather jacket slicing her arm clean open.

“Ah!” Ruby screamed in pain as the demon tried to leave her body black smoke gathering at her mouth but for some reason the demon found she was unable to exit completely it was as if she was being sucked back in.

Dean shot the ghost that had been after Liz and watched with satisfaction as she disappeared. “She cut me.” Ruby gasped looking ready to cry. “How the hell did she cut me?”

“Cursed knife.” Caleb said.

“How the hell did she get the knife in here anyway?” Tyler asked.

“Don’t know and don’t have time to find out.” Dean said loading his gun again not wanting to be caught off guard again. “Come on we need to keep moving and find a place to set up.” Dean said motioning for Ruby to follow him and the two witches.

“So who are you two?” She asked as they walked along the main floor slowly as Dean checked the rooms.

“Witches.” Caleb said loving how she cringed at the news.

“I hate witches.” She muttered.

“Most people do.” Tyler hummed.

“So that would explain why I felt compelled to do what you both demanded.” She whispered and Tyler nodded.

“Your instincts recognized that unlike some things we can actually hurt you. What you didn’t know was that our powers are blocked at the moment since Lilith wanted to lure us here.” Tyler explained.

“Why?” Ruby asked.

“We are members of the Covenant.” Tyler whispered drawing a sharp gasp from Ruby.

“One of the seals.” She whispered and Tyler nodded.

“Liz is one as well which is why she was taken here as well as two other members of the Covenant. Lilith was planning on killing two birds with one stone.”

“Okay so how does Sam play into this?” She asked.

Tyler grinned at her innocent question, “Sam is here because he is quite fond of Liz and since she was in trouble and Dean was coming after her he thought he would come along as well. Trust me he could have backed out at any point but he didn’t feel the need to because he knew that his family and friends needed him. He is here because he wants to be Ruby no one conned him into being here.”

“Alright this room will do.” Dean said motioning the three into an abandoned office with some old furniture still intact.

“Do for what?” Ruby asked as Tyler pulled out their drawing utensils again and the book they were copying from.

“Summoning and containing a demon of course.” Dean said watching as Ruby’s widened comically.

“You wouldn’t.” She hissed looking furious.

“Wouldn’t I?” Dean shot back watching as she sighed angrily, he would.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.13 pg16 11-24-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part! Thanks...

garcia88
SnowyOwl-17
AvalonRose
Maiqu
Vampyrolover86
tiger100
Twilighteyes- In Sanitarium's there were usually two to three floors of offices. The first was used for guests and consults while the upper floors were private offices used for book keeping and private sessions with patients who needed extra care.
forever dreamer
alexceasar

Part 14: Demon in My View

Ruby watched the three boys work as she stood on a desk and wrote on the ceiling. The fact that Sam was not with his brother worried her, whenever they went on a hunt the two of them were always together. What worried her even more was the fact that he chose to go with two witches rather than one of the other hunters, as a rule hunters tended to stay away from witches.

Dean glanced up at her and slowly looked away as if he could hear her mentally questioning him. “What’s bugging you Dean?” She asked in a slow drawl. “And don’t say nothing because you have something face.”

The tight pinched face he pulled made her stomach burn, “Oh gee Ruby I don’t know maybe something is bugging me.”

“Dean.” Caleb warned but the hunter paid no mind to him.

“Oh please do share.” Ruby said her hands going to her hips trying to stare him down.

He laughed bitterly at the demon. “Oh where to start where to start. Let’s start with the fact that my friends are being tortured some place in this building and I can’t really do a damn thing to stop it. Or how about the fact that I have some divine destiny that everybody keeps alluding to and yet I know nothing about it. Or maybe it is the fact that my baby brother has a hell bitch in heat chasing after him.”

Ruby glared at him trying not to rise to his baiting, she could just tell he was itching for a reason to fight her again but she wasn’t about to tempt the fates with two witches in the room even if they didn’t have their powers. She could feel the eyes of the blue eyed one Tyler on her and the invisible spiders creeping over her skin intensified. His gaze was like liquid ice and it was by far worse than any words he could ever use.

“Get back to work.” Caleb said and the three slowly moved to do so.

“Calling her is a bad idea Dean.” Ruby hissed at him making him pause again.

He cocked his head to the side his hazel eyes appraising her. “No need to call her to Skyler Hill Ruby. She is already here.”

Ruby froze the fire in her belly intensifying. “Who?”

Tyler was the one to actually laugh this time looking terribly angry. “Pick someone in this damn place who isn’t possessed.”

“Sam?” She asked and Dean shook his head.

“Don’t think he, Bobby, the witches or aliens are possessed but Nancy and Jeff Parker hell yes.”

“Jeff Parker the hunter?”

Dean nodded, “Liz’s father.”

“But who is Lilith I mean neither of them is a little girl. Lilith always takes on the form of a little girl it gives her an edge makes her all the more intimidating.” Ruby said.

“She is not a little girl this time…I think she is possessing either Nancy or Jeff. Still not sure which one it is.” Dean grumbled
####

If he could he would rip the head off the man in front of him, but the binding was not letting him move a muscle. Jeff Parker paced in front of him and his pale white eyes glittered in the darkness. A strangled gargle sounded on his left, Eric Simms rolled his eyes and saw Nancy Parker bound in the same green force field that he was glaring at her husband or the thing that was controlling him.

“Sorry about this.” Jeff laughed looking between the two he had trapped in magical binds used on witches in hell. He knew that Nancy wasn’t a witch but he wasn’t about to take any chances with these people

“Well no I really am not.” He laughed.

Nancy growled something at the thing possessing her husband making him laugh harder as he slapped his knee. “Oh Nancy Parry how you do surprise me. I thought you of all people would have known it was me sleeping with you night after night, after how close we had become when you were a child.”

Eric stared at Jeff confused; the demon was not making any sense. “Oh poor little Eric looks confused, or is that constipation old man?”

Jeff grinned at the witch bending down to meet his harsh blue eyes. “See I like to fuck with the Parry family they are just so darn fun to mess with. That Lizzie sure is a lot like her cousin Pogue though, tough little cookie took a lot to break her but break she did.” Jeff laughed.

“You know it is funny how oblivious parents are.” Jeff said glancing at the furious Nancy Parker. “I mean the signs were there that Liz was hurting and yet you just turned a blind eye to them. Hell even her friends noticed something was wrong and yet mommy dearest who kissed her baby goodnight didn’t even see the blood covering her baby.” Jeff laughed glancing down at his watch.

He let out a low whistle as he grinned at the two. “You two wait here I insist.” He laughed, “The others will join you soon.”
####

Tess stumbled along as she carried Liz her muscles screaming at her in anger as she used them for the first time. She was really starting to rethink the whole exercise thing that Kyle had been trying to get her to do. Reid didn’t look like he was doing much better and Pogue looked one step away from blacking out.

“We need to stop.” She gasped out resting against the wall by the stairs.

“Pogue.” Reid called seeing his friend’s eyes go glassy as he stared blankly in front of him.

“What is wrong with him?” Tess asked as she set Liz down.

“He is dehydrated, in pain, hungry, and tired. Pick one.” Reid growled.

“Is he going to be okay?”

“I will be when we all get out of here.” Pogue groaned sliding down the wall next to Liz’s slumped over form. Reid sighed and set Maria down as well realizing that they did need to rest, he was running on empty.

Pogue stiffened on the floor as he slowly reached for his led pipe; he heard hurried heavy footsteps on the stairs. “Reid, Tess get Maria and Liz and stay behind me.” Pogue growled and the two blondes scrambled to do so as they too heard the quick steps.

Just as Tess grabbed Liz, Jeff Parker rounded the corner. The older man stopped and stared at the five before a relieved grin spread across his face. “There you five are we have been looking all over for you. We already found Michael so come on let’s go.”

Reid gapped at the man wondering what the hell he was doing walking around in the place alone and unarmed. “Ah Mr. Parker not that we aren’t glad to see you but what are you doing here?”

“Oh we came in to rescue you. Tyler blew up the door so we have an easy out.” Jeff said moving closer to the group.

Tess stared at the diner owner something in her gut telling her that he was not right, he was not Jeff Parker. Tess pulled Liz closer to her getting ready to shove the girl to the side and out of harm’s way. Pogue must have sensed the danger as well as he slowly stood and faced his uncle. “Show yourself.” He growled.

Jeff Parker’s relieved grin slowly turned, his eyes crinkling in a wicked way. “Now Pogue that is not very nice. One might think that you don’t have any respect for your elders.” Jeff drawled.

“Nope just no respect for demons. Show yourself.” His dark gaze locked on his uncle.

Jeff laughed at Pogue’s attempt to get him to reveal himself to the teens. “Now Pogue you and I both know that only works on weaker demons.” Jeff chuckled.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.14 pg17 11-26-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part I loved reading them! Thanks...

tiger100
AvalonRose
Twilighteyes
behrstars
Maiqu
alexceasar
LizMichael 4 Ever
forever dreamer

Part 15: Demon in My View II

Her head felt as if it was full of led and her mouth full of nails. She tried to open her eyes but found she was only able to crack one of them open a sliver. Her body felt cold and numb a welcome feeling after months of torture; the last few days the worst. Liz tried to move her head but her body would not cooperate. She tried to wiggle her toes and fingers and found that nothing would move. A whimper escaped her as panic crept up on her sending cold drops of sweat down her spin mixing with the dried blood stinging her open sores.

“Liz.” She heard someone grunt. It sounded as if the noise they were making took great effort.

“Uh.” She whimpered.

“Liz you need to stay still or else the binding will continue to paralyze you.” The soothing voice of her mother tickled her ringing ears.

“Aunt Nanss…” The slurred voice of her cousin made her nerve endings tingle, he was alright.

“Pogue careful not to move.”

“What is going on?” Tess croaked her blue eyes darted around the dark room lit by a strange green light. She looked down and saw herself incased in what looked like a green doughnut.

“No one move.” The same gruff voice ground out. “You move and the energy will paralyze you. You can move your head and that is it.” Tess tilted her head towards the direction she heard the voice being careful not to move a muscle other than her neck. She saw Reid sitting there glaring at her and the others.

“Where are we?”

“The basement.” Nancy groaned, “Room 1.”

“How did we get here?” Maria chocked out as a cough escaped her. The cough shook her body and her skin hit the green energy crackling around her. The blonde screamed as her skin was burned before her entire body seized at once and she slumped over no sound passing her ruby lips.

“Ria?” Liz croaked.

“Paralyzed again.” Reid muttered.

“To answer the question of how we got here, well that would be Jeff Parker.” Eric Simms growled.

“That monster is not my husband.” Nancy snarled.

“No he just is providing the meat suit for the monster.” Eric snapped.

“It is not as if he has a choice you know how strong she is!” Nancy sobbed.

“Who?” Liz croaked her dry throat burning with each word.

“Lilith.”
####

“This is a really bad idea.” Ruby grumbled for what felt like the millionth time.

“No matter how many times you keep saying it we are not going to change our minds.” Caleb said.

Ruby went back to her work glaring every so often at the three boys. After another long sigh from her demonic self Dean finally snapped. “Alright Ruby what the hell is your problem, I mean all you do is criticize it is not as if you are proposing some genius alternative here.” Dean growled.

Ruby set down her pencil looking murderous. “Well maybe I am not comfortable calling the hell bitch into the room. Besides I still don’t get how you fit into this whole mess I mean how the hell do you know these people anyway?” Ruby asked.

Tyler let out a frustrated growl and looked to Caleb begging for the elder witch to let him slaughter the demon or at least put her in her place. Caleb shook his head and Tyler groaned. “Caleb I know your offensive powers don’t work but what about passive?” Dean asked.

“What the hell has that got to do with anything?” Ruby growled but the hunter ignored her.

Caleb stared off into space a glazed look coming over his dark eyes before they slowly focused again. “They are there.” He said.

“Good.” Dean grinned suddenly turning to Ruby. “You wanted to know how we all fit into this mess so we are going to show you.” Dean said gesturing to Caleb who suddenly looked panicked.

“Hell no I am not doing that.”

Tyler looked horrified at the thought and nodded in agreement with his friend. “There is no way he is showing that hell bitch a thing she could fuck with his mind for all we know. Besides why should we show her our hand?” Tyler asked an ugly sneer marring his pretty face.

“Because it will get her to shut up and might encourage her to help us out. We need her offensive power boys. The sooner she is on our side the sooner we can get the hell out of here.” Dean said.

Caleb looked torn. On the one hand he wanted nothing to do with this he wanted the demon nowhere near his mind but on the other hand he could see the benefit in sharing their information with her and it would get her to finally shut up and let them work in peace.

“Fine how much do you want to show her?” He asked his dark eyes falling to the floor.

Ruby looked back and forth between the two not understanding what they were saying. “What are you talking about?” She finally asked looking to Tyler who seemed to be the only one willing to provide her with any information.

“Caleb is the oldest son of our Covenant and as the oldest son he is sort of our memory keeper. Think of him as a giant book with all of this data stored inside of him waiting to be read. One of his powers is the ability to project those memories to others.” Tyler said.

“I guess you could say I am the collective memory of the Covenant. I can call up past memories of others; it is dead useful in battle especially if we are going up against an enemy we have faced before.” Caleb sighed running a hand through his dark locks.

“So I can see what the history between all of you is?” She summed up for them and Dean nodded.

“How far back would you want her to see?” Caleb asked standing up shifting on his stiff legs.

Dean bit his lip as he thought about how best to approach this; he knew that they needed to show Ruby something good in order for her to work with them. “The beginning and I mean the very beginning Caleb. Start with the first time Nancy, Paul and Ryan were here and how they met Jeff Parker.” Dean whispered.

The wince that the dark teen let out was more unsettling than anything Ruby had ever seen. He had killed and seen some of the most gruesome sights and yet the thought of this memory made him cringe; whatever happened in the past had to of been terrible. “Alright fine I will take a look.” She said.

Caleb stepped closer to her and stretched out his right hand towards her temple. She shied away from the contact making him laugh. “I need to touch the side of your head to connect with your mind.”

“Okay.” She whispered when she felt his large warm hand meet the soft skin of the human skin she was wearing. His dark eyes met her as an orange ring of fire danced across the black surface before pure onyx glared into her now black eyes as he called to her demon.

Ruby found her breathing matching his and the heart of the human slowed to a steady thump. The side of her face felt warm as a white orb appeared in Caleb’s dark eyes. She found herself entrapped as a movie like image appeared in his eyes and she found herself no longer standing in an office in Skyler Hill but a bar.

The bar was dank and smoke filled and looked exactly like every other bar in America, except for the writing on the walls. Ruby gasped when she recognized the spells. “Protection spells, no demons allowed.” Caleb said moving to stand next to her. “Welcome to Jan’re tortora.”

Her dark eyes widened at the infamous name that every demon feared. The hunters bar a place where only the supernatural hunters were allowed and only they could find a place where they plotted every demon’s demise. “What are we doing here?” She asked looking around for someone she might recognize.

“You are about to see how the hunters met our family.” Caleb breathed as a dark teen that looked suspiciously like Caleb shimmered through the wall. “Meet my father, James Danvers.”

Ruby watched as the young James stared hard at his surroundings, his lip curling in distaste as he looked at the hunters. The hunters in the bar eyed the teen suspiciously as he appeared to be looking for someone in particular. His dark eyes landed on a group in the back sitting in a dark booth, smoke billowing around them. James slowly walked towards them and Ruby could make out three men and a woman.

James stopped in front of their booth clearing his throat. “Yes?” The woman asked staring at James her curly red hair streaked with gray.

“My name is James Danvers.” He mumbled looking uncomfortable in front of the four. “I need your help.” He whispered.

“Alright son what exactly do you need help with?” The older gentleman next to the woman asked.

James looked around nervously before he decided it was safe enough to talk. “I am the oldest son in The Covenant of Ipswich. Three days ago two of my brothers and Parry’s little sister were kidnapped.” James said.

“Son we don’t do kidnappings.” The old man said.

“Parry where have I heard that name before?” The woman asked James her dark almond eyes roaming over the teen. “The Covenant…witches.” She breathed the others in the booth freezing.

James looked even more uncomfortable but he nodded. “The two boys taken were witches, Paul’s sister isn’t though. They were taken by ghosts.” James said looking ill at the thought.

“Not possible.” The teen with dark raven black hair grumbled looking at the older couple across from him. “Right mom?” He asked the woman.

“Ghosts are not known for kidnapping.” She agreed but her expression remained troubled.

The man sitting next to her on the other hand was pulling a journal out of his green jacket. “Claudia if it was a powerful enough entity and running on an unending replenishing source it might just have enough power to physically manifest someplace else.”

“Do you really think so Daniel?”

“Dad?” The other boy who had so far remained silent asked glancing back at James who appeared to be itching to say something.

“Chris.” Daniel said not really paying attention to his son as he flipped through his journal.

“Dad I think the boy has something else to say.” The other teen said. Daniel looked up from his journal and saw James shifting around nervously.

“Spit it out son.” Daniel said.

James took a steadying breath, “There is a bit more to the story than that. See the ghosts that kidnapped them belong to an institution their grandfather’s set up. The place was burned down the first time after several of the patients escaped and it was rebuilt a few years later. Then it was destroyed again.” James said.

“Patients have a reason to be angry?” The dark teen asked James.

“Very good reasons.” James whispered.

Claudia ran a hand through her red locks before she turned to the young man sitting across from her. “Jeff you and your brother Chris are going to go with James here back to his home town, see if you can figure out if the spirits have enough power to do this.” Claudia said.

“Sure mom.” Jeff said standing up and the other boy slid out of the booth.

“Your father and I are going to do a bit of digging. Something feels off about this whole mess.” Claudia said.

James breathed a sigh of relief suddenly, “Finally someone else thinks that too. I have been trying to get the others to see that there is someone moving around behind the scenes pulling our strings but they don’t believe me.” James said.

Claudia smiled at the boy, “Well James I happen to think you are right.”

Ruby turned to Caleb as the scene started to shift. “That someone Lilith?” She asked and Caleb nodded.

“Claudia Parker knew my dad was right, someone was doing some major work behind the scenes. Unfortunately by the time she and Daniel Parker had figured it out they were too late.” Caleb said.

“Too late for what?” The demon asked as the image before her cleared and she was standing in a large foyer.

“To save their son Chris.”

“Where are we?” Ruby asked looking around.

“My home. This is before my dad went to look for the Parker family, two days before.” Caleb whispered.

“What is so important about this time?” Ruby asked when she saw a tall thin redhead enter the picture; she looked terrible clutching her stomach as blood seeped through the thin cloth of her shirt.

“Nan.” A male voice breathed and Ruby saw James Danvers leave what looked to be an office.

“James it won’t stop!” She groaned falling easily into his arms as he dragged her into a sitting room.

“How the hell do these keep appearing?” James growled making Nancy whimper.

“I told you she keeps on doing this to me, why won’t you believe me?” Nancy cried.

James closed his eyes the agony clearly written across his face, “I do believe you Nan but who is she and why is she after you?” James asked.

“I don’t know.” Nancy whispered her lower lip trembling, “But all I hear are wails and screams and her rattling voice. She is always there James; even now I can feel her watching me feel her breath on my neck as if she was standing over me.” Nancy whispered.

Ruby watched as James’s eyes changed similar to how she had witnessed Caleb’s change before he connected with her. His onyx eyes stared around the room before they landed next to Ruby. She turned to Caleb confused. “Why is he looking over here can he see us?” She asked but Caleb shook his head fear screaming in his eyes. She looked to her side and gasped. “Oh hell.”

Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.15 pg17 11-28-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Maiqu
Twilighteyes
AvalonRose
forever dreamer
SnowyOwl-17

Part 16: Demon in My View III

Tyler looked at the two people connected in front of him with distaste. “Are you sure this is a good idea?” He asked Dean who had resumed his drawing.

“No but it is the only chance we have of her staying with us and not running off after Sam the first chance she has. She will take Sam and run and we will be out a power source.” Dean said.

“I just don’t feel right with her knowing all of this information about us. She is a demon.” Tyler growled darkly.

“Yes, and you are a witch not really seeing much of a difference there.” Dean grumbled.

Tyler glared at the blonde wishing he had his powers to at least teach the human respect. “I am not a damned soul possessing someone else’s body. I was born this way not created.” Tyler spat.

“Yes and how did your line get their powers Tyler?” Dean asked looking up from the floor.

Tyler looked away from Dean clutching the coal tightly in his hand, “We don’t know it has existed in us for so long, our line predates the written word.” Tyler whispered.

Dean whistled softly at that announcement, “Wow that is old.”

Tyler turned back to face him looking glum, “You don’t know the half of it.” He whispered.
####

Ruby shrank away and moved closer to Caleb not sure if these vision things could hurt her. The woman standing next to her was deathly pale and her body was riddled with cuts and scars blood spattering the milky skin as her vacant eyes stared out of hollow slits. “Don’t worry she cannot harm you.” Caleb whispered in her ear as she pressed closer to get away from the chill of the sprit. “She is just an impression.” Caleb told her.

“Who is she?” Ruby asked.

“Darla Williams the Salem Screamer.” Caleb breathed. Ruby sucked in a sharp breath and moved even closer to Caleb if at all possible.

“The serial killer.” She whispered.

Ruby watched as James snarled at the ghost who jerkily walked across the room moving closer and closer to Nancy again her silver knife rising from resting at her waist to an attack position. “Leave.” James snarled at the ghost moving in front of Nancy who was defenseless.

“I’m sorry.” The ghost whispered her raspy voice chilling the room. “So sorry.” She whispered before a pitiful wail left her throat. Ruby cringed at the sound of the scream its high pitched tone splitting her ear drums making her head ring. Ruby watched in sick fascination as the cursed blade that had attacked her earlier at Skyler Hill sliced into James as he tried to use his powers on her. Clear tendrils whipped out of James’s fingers snaking around the ghost stopping her in her pursuit. “I said leave.” He snarled and the ghost flickered out of existence the room slowly returning to its warm temperature.

“Nan.” James whispered bending down to examine the shaking girl. “How long has she been after you?” He asked gently rubbing the side of her cheek hoping to calm the girl down.

“Months, she is always there James. I am so scared.” She whispered tears leaking out of the corners of her eyes.

“What does Paul have to say about all of this?” James asked feeling the girl stiffen in his arms. He pulled back slightly to look at her and her eyes betrayed her terror once again. “What is it?” He asked his voice a harsh whisper in the silent room.

“He has been hurt a lot lately but he heals eventually, unlike me.” She mumbled looking down.

“Nancy what is happening to Paul?” James asked tilting her face so that she was looking him dead in the eye. Ruby shivered when she saw the raw fear in the witch’s dark eyes.

“I don’t know. I hear him scream at night it sounds like someone is hitting him over and over again. I checked on him last night and it looked as if someone had crushed his bones. James his body was just broken.” She gasped out, “Then in the morning he is healed but sore.”

“Looks like Ryan isn’t the only one then.” James muttered looking.

“What do you mean?” Nancy asked running a bloody hand through her hair.

“He has been getting burned by someone; apparently it has been getting worse these past few days.” James said.

“It has.” She agreed. James looked down at her again and groaned.

“Damn.” He muttered shoving her hand back on her stomach. “Let me go and get a first aid kit. Hold that tight.” James instructed her.

Ruby turned to Caleb, “Why is this important?” She asked as the scene changed again. Suddenly the duo found themselves standing in a bedroom obviously a girl’s with badge walls covered in photos.

A small brunette girl stumbled into the room clutching her stomach tightly. “Liz dinner will be done in twenty!” A woman yelled.

The brunette girl winced and turned back to the door. “Okay mom.” Liz groaned.

“Wait is that the girl you guys are after?” Ruby asked and Caleb nodded looking ill. “She has the same cut as that woman.” Ruby said motioning to Liz’s stomach that looked as if it had been sliced clean across.

“I know which is why we found it odd when Nancy didn’t notice that Liz was being haunted.” Caleb whispered.

“How are they connected?” Ruby asked.

Caleb grinned coldly at her, “Surely you see it?” Caleb asked as Liz stood in her bathroom patching herself up.

“Liz is Nancy’s daughter.” Caleb said as the scene shifted again and Ruby and Caleb found themselves back in Caleb’s foyer.

“I hate when it does that.” She growled as he rolled his dark eyes at her.

“Get used to it because there is a lot you still have to see.” He whispered as the front door opened. Now the fun was really going to begin.
####

Sam and the others cautiously walked down the halls. Something was off they could feel it and now that they knew that Jeff was missing they had reason to believe that he was no longer Jeff Parker. “Sam.” Bobby hissed sliding up to the boy. “We need to get these kids out of here. I think we should drop them off at the meeting point and then the four of us come back in and get the others.” Bobby said.

Sam was not too keen on the idea of splitting up but then again he did not want to let anything happen to the three teens behind him. “Alright we will take them outside and come back in with Paul and Ryan.” Sam whispered.

“But I don’t think they are going to go for it.” Bobby said motioning to Max and Michael, Isabel they knew was too scared to think she would just follow.

Sam looked back at the girl and her body guards, “Don’t worry I can get them to stay out there.” Sam whispered and Bobby nodded falling back to relay the message to the two witches. Paul and Ryan quickly nodded and the group set off hoping that the three teens wouldn’t realize they were being led towards the exit until it was too late.

Max and Isabel looked around when they found themselves back on the ground floor, they thought they were supposed to traveling up not down but for some reason Bobby and Sam had led them down. They hugged tight to Michael not wanting him to leave their sight and they didn’t notice until the air had changed that they were no longer in Skyler Hill. “What the heck is going on?” Max asked when they continued to walk away from the building to see two men standing off in the distance one of them coming closer to the small group. It was Castiel.

“I see you found one of them.” The angel said looking at Michael who had the grace to look away.

“We need them out of the way.” Sam said stepping to the side to reveal all three aliens.

Castiel nodded appearing to have been expecting the news. “We will place them somewhere safe.” Castiel said.

Max started to protest when Castiel raised his hand at the trio and a golden orb shot at them enveloping them in a golden light. When the light cleared the three aliens were gone. “Thanks.” Sam said.

“We didn’t do it for you butt monkey we did it so that they were out of Dean Winchester’s way.” Uriel growled.

Castiel closed his eyes wishing to scold his fellow angel for name calling. “Get back then.” Castiel said and the four men took off towards the building again. The four made it to the entrance and tried to enter but found themselves unable. Paul stuck his hand out and saw a shimmering barrier.

“Well this could be a problem.” Paul grumbled.
####

Ruby watched as James entered his home followed by the two teens from the bar; Jeff and Chris gapped at their surroundings. “Come on in here.” James said.

Ruby looked to Caleb a smirk on her tan face,” You two sound a lot alike.”

Caleb bashfully rubbed the back of his neck looking down, “So my mom says.” He grumbled making her laugh.

Ruby went into the office and saw another teen sitting in there that she had not seen before yet he looked oddly familiar. “That is Eric Simms, Tyler’s dad.” Caleb said and Ruby nodded in understanding the prominent blue eyes appeared to be a family trademark.

“Eric this is Jeff and Chris Parker they are here to….”

“Hunters.” Eric snarled jumping to his feet his eyes switching to their inhuman black. “How dare you bring hunters into this James.”

“Who else are we going to turn to?” James asked.

“Anyone but them.” Eric spat, “Or have you forgotten what they have done to our kind. They killed Putnam!” Eric roared making James wince.

“Not us.” Jeff laughed, “We weren’t alive.”

Eric shot him a look clearly not amused. “Same prejudices are shared by all of your kind. All you see is a witch and we are automatically evil. It is killing first ask questions later.”

Jeff narrowed his eyes at the blue eyed teen. “Looks like you have similar prejudices except yours is against hunters. You see a hunter and think that we are all out to kill you. Did it ever occur to you that we might want to help you that we might have a common enemy?” Jeff asked.

“Doubtful.” Eric muttered.

“Eric we are working with them.” James said and it was clear to Ruby that his word was final. Eric looked away darkly his fingers curling around the edge of the old wooden desk. Ruby could just tell that the four boys were going to get along swell, if they didn’t kill each other first.

Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.16 pg18 12-1-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

AvalonRose
pandas2001
LizMichael 4 Ever
elfangel01
Maiqu
forever dreamer
alexceasar
SnowyOwl-17

Part 17: Demon in My View IV

Sam gapped at the building in front of him not understanding why they were not able to get back in, heck Tyler had blown the door clean off so there was nothing for a spirit to control. “What the hell is doing this?” Sam asked Paul who let out a small gasp. Sam looked back at the entrance and the air left his lungs in a painful rush. Bobby was standing in the building looking back at the three of them with a look of utter pain.

“Bobby how the hell did you get in?” Sam asked moving to get inside again when he was met with the same barrier as before.

Bobby looked at him shaking his head, “I am sorry Sam but I had to.” Bobby whispered. “They have my little girl and I will be damned if I let anything happen to her.” Bobby said before he slowly walked away.

“Bobby!” Sam yelled slamming his fist painfully against the invisible barrier. “Bobby!”
####

Ruby felt like smacking Caleb upside the head when the world around her shifted again. He noticed her glare and raised his hands in surrender. “My power is just to show you what happened I am not controlling how fast the memories are coming just which ones I want you to see.” Caleb said.

“Fine, let’s get on with this.” Ruby growled looking around. “Where the hell are we now?” She grumbled looking around what appeared to be an old barn.

“Putnam barn.” Caleb whispered his gaze shifting to the rafters. Ruby watched him closely and saw his subtle flinches as he looked around the room.

“This place have bad memories for you?” She asked for once not mocking him. His dark eyes swooped down and met hers and he nodded.

“A lot.” He whispered as the voices of the people in the center of the barn grew louder. “This right here is the meeting the Parkers, my father and Eric had before they went into Skyler Hill. Listen closely to what Claudia has to say.” Caleb said looking fondly at the woman. “She saw more than what the others did, for some reason she knew something was not right.” Caleb whispered.

“What do you mean?” She asked when a loud bang sounded throughout the barn.

“This does not make sense!” Chris Parker barked banging his hand on the wood beam next to him.

“What other explanation is there Christopher?” Claudia asked, “A demon has to have set off the sanitarium. According to the records from Peter Lowes the hunter, Skyler Hill was a dead cell no a damn spark there after the good doctors bound the damn place.” Claudia barked at her son. “Only an incredibly powerful demon would have the strength to rip that band-aid off.”

“Well that narrows the suspects down.” Eric snapped, “There are thousands of lords not to mention the leaders of their armies. Anyone of them could have done this.”

James shook his head rubbing his chin. “No it is someone even more powerful than a lord someone that other demons would ignore and look the other way for.”

“I can think of three.” Eric said.

“Who?” Claudia asked pulling out a journal.

“Ba’al, Ipos, Lilith, Vepar, and Zaebos come to mind.” Eric said.

“None of those sound familiar.” Daniel Parker said smoke billowing from his mouth as he took another drag from his cigarette a nervous habit of his.

“Ba’al does.” Jeff said.

“Probably the Hebrew Bible.” James said, “He is a pagan god.”

“Pagan that means he is not that powerful right?” Chris asked and Eric Simms shot him a look of utter disbelief.

“Are you stupid or something?” He breathed looking at the hunter. “If he is a pagan god that means he is more powerful than any demon you will ever encounter. He would not be bound to the same laws of the universe that other demons are.”

James had the same pensive brooding look on his face, “It is not his style.”James breathed.

“He is right it sounds too petty. I mean come on why would a god want to lure two witches and a girl to an old abandoned sanitarium?” Jeff Parker asked with a slight chuckle.

James Danvers froze in place his mouth falling open as his dark eyes widened. Eric sucked in a strangled breath looking panicked. “You don’t think?” Eric asked his fellow witch who looked panic stricken as well.

“Boys what is it?” Claudia asked.

The two witches shared a look before Eric nodded at James who let out a heaving breath. His dark eyes met those in the barn gaining their full attention. “What I am about to say can never leave this barn.” James breathed. Claudia and her husband quickly nodded as did their sons.

“What is it?” She asked.

James looked as if he was sucking a lemon as he answered her. “I think we just figured out why Ryan and Paul were taken and Nancy as well.” James said.

“We are a seal.” Eric whispered his blue eyes wide staring into the nothing before him. “The four of us together make up a sort of lock if you will.”

“Nancy was taken because if anything happens to Paul her heir would take the place of the Parry heir in our Covenant.” James explained.

“A seal to what?” Daniel asked as the members of his family closed in around him.

“To unlocking Lucifer.” James whispered.

“Wait I don’t understand.” Jeff said and his brother nodded in agreement.

James ran a hand through his dark locks looking worried. “Alright think of it like this. When Samael fell he was locked in a sort of portal with a bunch of magical locks. When he fell he became known as Lucifer. Now these seals are like locks on the door to his cell keeping him in. All someone has to do is break 66 of the seals and Lucifer walks free.”

The Parkers looked horror ridden. Claudia was the first to find her voice, “What kind of seals are there?” She asked shakily.

“All of them are magical and there are thousands of possibilities. There are the witnesses, The Covenant of five bound witches, the herald, releasing the demon Shax from his prison, the killing of Michael the arc angel, releasing the four horsemen, the sphinx in Egypt, releasing the demon Samahain and thousands of others.” James said.

“So many seals why go after you?” Jeff asked.

“Because unlike us the other seals can only be opened at certain times. Shax can only be released every 2000 years. Samahain can only be released on Halloween every so many years and only someone that follows his ways can release him not your ordinary demon.” James explained.

“Michael the arc angel can only be killed by the flaming sword of the dark angel.” Eric explained.

“The five of us on the other hand if a person is powerful enough could kill us.” James said.

“No demon could without help.” Eric said, “Which is why they called on Skyler Hill.”

James let out a bitter laugh at that, “All those crazed and pained souls itching for revenge on those families would only be too happy to aid in weakening the witches.”

Ruby looked to Caleb her mouth opening and closing soundlessly. “What?” He asked her softly.

“They figured it out.” She whispered.
####

Dean shifted around as he finished the symbols and closed the journal. Caleb and Ruby had been in their freaky mind meld thing for a long time. He glanced at Tyler who was monitoring them wondering if something was going wrong. “They are fine.” Tyler whispered seeming to know what he was going to ask.

Dean nodded and was going to say more when he felt a tingling sensation on his arm. The sensation grew steadily worse and he found himself removing his jacket and rolling up his sleeve to look at the seared handprint on his bicep. It was an angry red. He didn’t know what was drawing him in but he found his hand traveling up his arm to trace the burning scar.

“Dean.” He heard a familiar voice call.

“Castiel?” Dean asked looking around.

“Dean the others can’t get back inside, Bobby has betrayed you all.” Castiel said as the searing pain stopped.

“What did you say?” Tyler asked looking at Dean.

“Castiel said…”

“The angel?” Tyler asked looking around the room. “I didn’t think he came in.” Tyler said.

“He didn’t but I heard him when I touched his handprint.” Dean said and Tyler’s blue eyes shot to the mark a smirk appearing on his boyish face.

“That is one smart angel.” Tyler breathed moving away from watch dog duty.

“What do you mean?” Dean asked.

“He bound you to him.” Tyler said looking oddly pleased.

“What the hell does that mean?” Dean demanded his hazel eyes betraying his unease with the situation.

“It means he cares about you more than he lets on. When he bound you to him he created this link between the two of you, think of it as a sort of tracking device so he would know if you were in trouble or not. Apparently though from what you are describing it is also a way for him to contact you in an emergency, it is probably why you could see him when no one else could.” Tyler explained.

“Okay that is all well and good but we need to get the hell out of here.” Dean said.

“Why?”

“Because Bobby just locked Sam, Paul, and Ryan out of Skyler Hill.”
####

Castiel and Uriel glared at the building furiously, they might not feel much in the way of emotions but this was one they felt. Their mission was compromised now. Ugh!” Sam growled looking at the two angels who just stood there.

“Why don’t you do something and get us the hell back in there?” Sam asked not liking the statues that called themselves angels.

“We have no way of getting you in there without breaking our orders.” Castiel said.

“Well then break them damn it!” Sam roared.

Uriel’s cold gaze swept to the human male an intense look of displeasure souring his face. “We are not here to follow your orders human and you would be wise to remember that I am not here for you. Make no mistake Sam Winchester I will remove you when you prove you are of no more use to us.” Uriel growled out as Castiel looked away. Sam glared at the silent angel wondering why he was letting the other angel speak to him like that.

“We can’t break our orders but we might be able to try and break the shields.” Castiel whispered looking to Uriel who let out an annoyed breath.

“It might work.” He agreed and the two walked forward towards the gaping hole in the building. The witches and Sam stood off to the side not wanting to be caught near anything weird.

They raised their hands and aimed at the hole, pure white lights racing from their hands in a blinding wave forcing the three to close their eyes. Castiel and Uriel grit their teeth against the strain of the barrier their light doing nothing to penetrate the mass. “We have to stop.” Uriel ground out, “We could weaken the building and kill everyone.”

“Pull back now!” Castiel ordered and the two stopped.

“Did it work?” Sam asked and Castiel shook his head. “Well then why did you stop?” Sam asked looking furiously at the two.

“We can’t if we continue we risk destroying the building with your brother and the others inside, not an option.” Castiel said.

“What if we try?” Paul asked motioning Ryan forward.

“If you feel the tremors, stop.” Uriel warned and the two elder witches nodded preparing for the massive power drain.

Paul raised his arm first ripples and waves of energy flying at an alarming rate towards the barrier as Ryan’s joined the mix. Sam gaped at the sight of the translucent threads beating on the building winding with black tendrils creeping out of the cracks. Sam saw the building jerk and both witches immediately withdrew their hands. Paul turned to Sam and shook his head. “Lilith knows our tricks she made it so only she or one of her minions can undo it. They are stuck in there and we are stuck out here."
Last edited by Ansleyrocks on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.17 pg19 12-3-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies! Thanks...

behrstars
AvalonRose
Maiqu
pandas2001
forever dreamer
alexceasar

Part 18: Bitter Betrayal

Tyler gaped at Dean before his face twisted into a bitter mess and a snarl left his throat followed by a string of colorful curses that impressed Dean. “We need to break them out of this now.” Tyler said moving to revive Caleb but Dean grabbed his arm.

“We can’t, Ruby is still a wild card and we need her now more than ever. Please just give it a few more minutes they have to be almost done by now.” Dean whispered.

Tyler’s blue eyes flickered to the dark duo as he bit his cheek, he didn’t know what to do. “Fine a few more minutes than I pull them out, we are dangerously at risk here.”

“I know.” Dean whispered, “I know, but they need more time. Ruby has to see all of it to understand why we are here to understand why we are all willing to put our lives on the line here.”

Tyler nodded slowly, “Well if Caleb is showing her everything I can safely say that she will understand our motives by the end.” Tyler said his blue eyes piercing Dean oddly with an unknown look, “All of our motives.” Tyler whispered before looking away.

Dean could not help but be unnerved by the teen’s stare, there was some unknown wisdom lurking behind his eyes that sent shivers down his spine. It was as if Tyler knew something about him that no one else did, as if he was keeping a secret of Dean’s that he himself did not even know.
####

Bobby walked on jelly legs farther into the sanitarium feeling ill; he knew he had as good as signed his death warrant with that stunt. He could feel Sam’s furious eyes burning his back the further away he walked, bitterness seeping from his every pore. Dean though was the one he truly feared; he was no fool he knew exactly why Dean was chosen by the LORD and that scared him more than he could ever let on.

Dean the strong hunter, the silent party who stood in the background while his father fawned on his brother was more powerful than either of the Winchester men ever gave him credit for. While Dean might seem like the perfect little soldier Bobby knew better, he could feel what Dean truly was. When Castiel had first made his appearance in the barn his fears were confirmed. John Winchester’s oldest boy was no mere hunter; he was the eighth arch angel.
####

Uriel was displeased as he stared at human in front of him and he knew his stare was making the Malakh wat watim next to him or the ones humans called Castiel. This was not going to plan; they had not foreseen so many betrayals. Their vision was clouded on Earth and they were unable to see the whole picture and apparently they had missed the betrayal of Bobby and this did not sit well with him.

As one of the Seven Arch Angels it was his job to protect and complete his duties; he was the fire of god the divine justice and yet he was stuck on the sidelines with a bunch of butt monkeys waiting for Dean and two witches to save the others.

“What are you thinking?” Castiel asked his friend and commander. Uriel turned his dark eyes of the human he was borrowing onto Castiel.

“I am thinking that the two of us need to come up with a plan, one that might bend a few rules.” Uriel said and Castiel nodded his concern for Dean Winchester showing momentarily.

“What can we do?” Castiel asked and Uriel chuckled darkly. It was time that they used some real power and not just fancy light displays.
####

Ruby watched in rabid fascination as the story of their lives unfolded before her. From their rescue to the first meeting of John Winchester her mind was spinning and then she saw them. She could recognize the cocky smirk anywhere, Dean Winchester and his brother Sam. She looked around the place she and Caleb were viewing and sent him a questioning look as he chuckled slightly.

“The Crashdown Café. Jeff and Nancy Parker own the place and it happens to be a very well known hunters café.” Caleb said.

“I have never heard of it.” She mumbled.

“You wouldn’t.” He grinned at her as her gaze flickered back to a teenage Dean as he approached a small girl who has long chestnut brown hair and large doe eyes that eagerly took in the two boys.

“Dean, Sammy!” She squealed hugging the slightly developed Dean and the pudgy Sam.

“Lizzie.” They chorused making her giggle but there was an odd strain to her smile as if she was in deep pain.

Ruby watched as Sam pulled away from Liz’s hug, a slight spot of blood on her lower back had appeared. Ruby gasped when she saw it. “How did…”

“You will find out.” Caleb cut her off; she could hear him grinding his teeth beside her.

“What are you two doing here?” Liz giggled as she dragged them into the booth she had been sitting in before doing her school work.

“Dad is on a hunt in the next town over and he dropped Sammy and I off here in town for the time being.” Dean explained.

“Where are you staying?” Liz asked.

“Tumbleweed.” Sam grumbled and Liz snickered her gaze turning back to Dean who was fiddling with napkin dispenser.

Ruby noticed how the occupants of the café started to develop gooseflesh as the temperature dropped in the room. Sam and Dean seemed to notice this as well as they froze in the booth. “What the heck?” Sam asked looking to his older brother who’s hazel eyes hardened as he glanced around the café.

“Something is coming.” Dean muttered as Liz wiggled around in the booth itching to run away.

“I ah need to go and ah get my dad.” Liz mumbled and Dean nodded still looking around. Ruby had a sickening feeling that Liz was not really going to go and find her dad at all and as her and Caleb followed the small brunette her fears were confirmed.

Liz had walked into the bathroom of the backroom and Ruby watched as Liz lifted the bottom of her shirt up to reveal a thin red line appearing across her abdomen. A trickle of blood wept from the wound as Liz cried. “Just leave me alone.” She moaned out her little shoulders shaking.

“I’m sorry.” The same hissed voice Ruby had heard earlier sounded in the small bathroom and Liz let out a pained shriek as small stab wounds appeared on her arms and torso.

“Oh!” Ruby gasped feeling sick at the sight; she remembered how painful that blade was. She knew from her time in the pit how mind numbing and torturous slow shallow cuts were when added to deep cuts.

Caleb was looking away she noticed but she couldn’t blame him; if she was close to the girl she wouldn’t look either as it was she wanted to stop looking but she knew she had to keep watching. Ruby did have to turn away when the torture continued on the little girl and the blood continued to flow. “It will be over soon.” Caleb grunted moving to block her view when he saw pained tears form in the demons eyes…they had her, but now they needed to make sure they kept her.
####

Bobby walked up the stairs to the second floor offices where they were supposed to meet. All he wanted was for his little girl to be okay. The door at the end of the hall to his right was open and he slowly made his way down there terrified that he had yet to run into one of the ghosts roaming the sanitarium. He did not want to go into the room but again he knew he needed to. A sick feeling rose in his stomach turning into a burning pain the closer he got his hands trembling at his sides not even bothering to hold his weapon up.

“I was wondering if you were going to go through with it.” The dark rich voice of his old friend rang from inside the office stilling Bobby as he was poised to enter the office. “Well come in.” Jeff laughed and Bobby forced himself to move forward.

Bobby entered the room and saw the demon bitch wearing Jeff Parker sitting atop an old dusty desk. “Where is my daughter.” Bobby growled making Jeff laugh throwing his head back with the cold sound that left his throat.

“My how easy it was to get you to go against the others, just dangle the darling whore in front of you and you went running to do my bidding.” Jeff laughed.

“She is not a whore!” Bobby snarled feeling his blood rush to his face and neck as his major vein in his neck pulsed.

Jeff just smirked at him, “Oh how she truly is like her mother always had a thing for danger. She sure let that boy sample the goods enough then again Parker’s daughter is not much better with that Winchester boy.” Jeff laughed.

“Where is my daughter?” Bobby asked again trying to ignore the words the demon was spewing at him trying to remind himself that demons lied constantly even though another part of him was telling him that it was usually half truths.

Jeff smiled a sickeningly evil smile at the hunter. “Oh you didn’t really think that I was going to just hand her over did you?”

Bobby felt the blood drain from his face at an alarming rate as his heart slammed against his chest. “What?” He choked out making Jeff laugh through his teeth.

“There is more work to be done Bobby.” Jeff laughed. “Dean Winchester is still alive and your daughter’s time is running out with each moment that boy continues to breathe.”
####

Dean sensed something was changing the air felt different in the room, so subtle the average person would not notice it. Tyler froze in place as well and his blue eyes swiveled over to Dean who nodded. Tyler tapped his finger on Caleb’s forehead twice and the darker witch twitched in place before he slowly opened his eyes blinking rapidly. Ruby started to move as well swaying in place as Tyler moved to steady her.

“We have to move.” Dean said, “We have stayed in one place too long they already found us.” Dean whispered.

“What about the summoning spell?” Caleb asked.

“We are going to have to move to plan B.” Dean said.

“Well what is plan B?” Tyler asked as Ruby grinned at the blonde hunter.

“A game of cat and mouse.” She said and Dean nodded.

“Meaning?” Caleb asked.

“We are going to go and find Lilith and take care of her ourselves.”
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Haunting (Multi XO, UC, MA) Pt.18 pg20 12-5-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part, yeah I kinda got that all of you were shocked by the whole Dean thing :twisted: that was the plan! Thanks...

LizMichael 4 Ever
KiaraAlexisKlay
behrstars
AvalonRose
Twilighteyes
Maiqu
forever dreamer
SnowyOwl-17
elfangel01
alexceasar

please let me know what you think of this new part!

Part 19: Bitter Betrayal II

Caleb gaped at the hunter making Ruby laugh. “You can’t be serious.” He whispered but Dean nodded looking as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“We have less than three hours before Castiel and Uriel decide to blow this damn place up. We need to get Lilith and make sure this place is clear and then get the hell out of here.” Dean said.

“I am all for that.” Ruby said, “But there is just one problem with that plan Dean.”

“Oh and what is that?” The blonde asked as he continued to load his gun with salt rounds.

“YOU CAN’T KILL HER!” She yelled as the other three glared at her for their outburst.

“Well if they didn’t know where we were before they do now.” Tyler grumbled and Ruby shot him a contemptuous glare.

“I know that Ruby but I can kill the person holding her, I know that he is a friend of mine but even he would want me to do this.” Dean said.

“But what about Liz you would be killing her father.” Ruby whispered.

Dean glared at her hurt flashing in his hazel eyes. “You think I don’t know that I can’t help praying that she will look me in the eyes after this but I need to do this for her even if she doesn’t see it that way. I need to get her out of here Ruby.” Dean growled.

Ruby nodded as she held up her hands in a pacifying manner. “I know but what if there was another way?” She asked.

“I am listening.” Dean growled.

“Well the main problem we have here is that Caleb and Tyler don’t have their offensive powers, but what if there was a way to bring them back?” Ruby asked.

Dean looked at her his fighting stance easing up. “Is there a way to do that?” He asked and she eagerly nodded her head.

“I know just what to do but we need to get to the basement to do it. Once they have their powers back we can go after Lilith and they can kill her…for good Dean.” Ruby whispered.

“For good for good?” He asked.

“We have tried before.” Caleb pointed out looking disheartened.

“No your family has tried, you two haven’t.” Ruby said.

“But we have the same powers as them and we are…” Tyler suddenly slapped his hand to his forehead cutting Caleb off.

“Of course why didn’t we think of that? Caleb you have your powers and your dad’s. The two of us combined equal three powerful witches, add that with Ruby’s abilities and you have a strong force.” Tyler said.

“Yeah that does sound good.” Dean admitted. “But what do I do?” He asked.

Ruby looked uncomfortable as she looked at him. “Dean you ah know that if Lilith is here than he is as well.” Ruby whispered freezing the hunter in place.

“Who?” Caleb asked.

“Alistair.” Dean growled and Ruby nodded fearfully.

“You will need to take care of him Dean while the three of us work.”

Dean looked down curling and uncurling his hands into fists trying to stop his shaking. “I don’t know Ruby he is very strong, I don’t know if I will be able to take him.” Dean whispered.

Ruby looked mad at his comment. “You are a hell of a lot stronger than you think Dean and you can take him.” She growled the sound so inhuman it scared him. “Do you want to know how long I lasted on the rack in the pit Dean? Days, I lasted five days and then I wanted off.” Ruby spat looking furious with her weakness. “Do you remember how long you lasted Dean?” Ruby asked.

“Not long.” He whispered cursing the painful tears he felt stinging his eyes.

“Longer than anyone ever has.” She snarled. “You lasted months! I have seen people you consider saints last only a day and yet you Dean lasted longer than anyone ever thought possible. You didn’t give in until the bitter end until there was nothing left inside of you. That is amazing Dean and that proves just how strong you are.” Ruby hissed at him.

“Wait you lasted months?” Caleb croaked looking violently ill. Dean turned and met his gaze and was floored by the overwhelming awe he saw on the teen’s face.

“Yes.” Ruby said nudging Dean in the shoulder.

“Now it all makes sense.” Caleb whispered.

“Mind sharing this new insight with the class?” Dean asked.

“Sorry.” Caleb said rubbing the back of his head looking sheepish, “It’s just Dean I don’t think you realize how huge this is. Ruby is right when she said no one lasted that long ever it is impossible, those demons are meant to break people it is what they do.” Caleb said.

“I just didn’t want to hurt people.” Dean mumbled.

“But Dean you should have failed you were meant to fail. I think you just figured out why the good guys chose to pluck you out of hell.” Tyler said.

“The heart of a warrior and then some.” Ruby muttered.

Their breath materialized before them and the four shared a quick look. Caleb looked to Dean and mouthed ‘Let’s go’ and the hunter nodded leading the way knowing Ruby was going to pick up the rear. It seemed as if the entire hall was an ice box as the four walked their feet making small slapping sounds on the ground as they hurried away.

A little boy stood at the end of the hall looking at the four of them as they skidded to a halt a sick smile on his pale face. “Want to play?” The little boy asked with a vicious giggle.

“That kid is creepy.” Ruby whispered as the child’s eyes whipped to roam over her form. “I don’t like girls.” He hissed coming closer to Ruby. “Girls are evil and the evil should be burned out of them.”

“Okay other direction.” Dean said tugging on Ruby pulling her out of the kid’s captivating gaze as she stumbled down the hall the childlike laugh bouncing off the walls.

“It was just a kid.” She hissed.

“A kid that has a habit of burning people.” Caleb grunted as they tried to escape from the demon child from hell.

“Oh you have got to be fucking joking.” She spat as she was dragged along.

“Nope!” Tyler shrieked like a girl as he sped up.

“Why won’t this kid just leave us alone?” Dean growled out as they ran around the corner heading back towards the main part of the sanitarium only to see a tall man standing at the end of the hall wearing a doctor’s coat. “Not good.” Dean muttered.

“The other way?” Tyler asked as a child’s cackle rang from behind them.

“I am thinking the kid is the better option here.” Ruby said.

Dean pulled up his gun and aimed at the man at the end of the hall. “At this point shooting is better.” He grunted as he fired a salt round at the ghost of a doctor, but the ghost disappeared before the shot hit. “Okay path cleared.” Dean said and the four were off again.

“Why the hell didn’t you just shoot the kid then?” Ruby asked as they ran.

“And piss it off?” Dean growled, “Yeah don’t think so as it is I am not too thrilled to have doc after me but the kid is worse. These rounds don’t kill the spirit sweetheart it just makes it go away for a second and royally annoys them. That kid is vicious and I rather not have him mad at me.”

“Where are we going?” Tyler hissed through his teeth.

“The basement is where we need to go.” Ruby said as Dean motioned for them to stop and duck off to the side huddling close.

“Do you realize how bad the basement is?” Dean asked, “There are things down there that you don’t want to mess with, that kid is just a taste.”

“I kind of got that, but the thing is the basement has a lot of raw power which is what we are going to need to get their powers active again, raw power.” Ruby said.

“Okay just as long as you know what you are getting yourself into.” Dean muttered peaking around the corner.

“Are we clear?” Caleb asked and Dean nodded.

“I am thinking that if we make a straight shoot across to the basement stairs we should be good. We will duck into a room in the middle of the basement cells; gives us more options to work with when it comes to running away.” Dean said and the other three nodded.

“Is there anything special you will need for whatever the hell it is you are going to do?” Tyler asked.

“Just your blood and Dean’s knife.” She whispered and the boys nodded.

“Alright we are going to run on three.” Dean whispered hugging his gun close. “One…two…three.” He whispered and the four darted out and towards the stairs cringing at the loud noise their feet made as they ran.

When they found themselves back in the familiar dark stairwell they let out a collective sigh of relief. “Okay be on your guard.” Dean whispered, “There are things down here waiting to catch us unsuspecting?” Dean said.

“Don’t forget to check the ceiling this time.” Tyler muttered. “Who would have thought of that?” He grumbled.

“Why do I get the feeling I am missing something here?” Ruby asked as they hugged the wall as they made their way down the stairs.

“Well last time we were down in the basement doing the drawings, we forgot to check the ceiling.” Caleb explained.

“And?” Ruby asked.

“There was someone on the ceiling.” Tyler said.

“Oh that is just not right.” She grumbled.

“It got worse when he tried to eat Dean.” Caleb said and Ruby’s face pinched hard looking disgusted.

“I really do not want to meet that thing.” She muttered.

“That makes four of us.” Dean whispered as he ducked his head around the corner before he nodded back at the other three. Ruby had her hands ready to fire at something if it even so much as looked at her funny. She could have sworn the walls were looking at her mocking her whispering to her, but she knew that was crazy. It was as if thousands of eyes were roaming over her body burning a fierce trail.

Dean looked back at Ruby when he heard her small gasp. “Don’t worry you are not crazy, you are being watched. Even these damn walls are against us.” Dean muttered.

“Oh.” She gasped out as they made their way to room seven. Dean had said it was to keep a good distance between them and room 13, she didn’t ask any more questions.

“Well Ruby are you ready to see what goes bump in the basement?” Dean asked looking out the door into the hallway.

“Not really why?” She asked as he pressed closer to the room shrinking away from the hall.

“Because you are about to find out.” He whispered pulling his gun up.