When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Titch22
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by Titch22 »

How much are the aliens affect by alcohol? They seem to be inconsistant with it. Max had a sip in 'Blind date' and was immediateley drunk. But Michael seem to need several shots. And yet in one episode it looks like Michael has beer in his fridge and Max was drinking Champagne at Isabels wedding. Was that ever explained?
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

no, it wasn't explained. I believe the fandom explanation is that the aliens used their powers to remove the alcohol from the champagne before drinking it at the wedding.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

That's a clever explanation!

You can also play with the fact that maybe Michael really has way more tolerance than Max ever did. Also, Max got drunk and all his inhibitions were gone, but when Michael got drunk, his senses went into a hiper-sensibility mode, and he started to have green spidery energy on his skin.

Plus he did get a hangover, while Max didn't seem to.

It's just like with humans, I guess... some people hold their alcohol better :lol:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Well, as you said, Michael had a LOT more alcohol than Max. Having drunk that much, he probably went straight past the 'no inhibitions' stage to the 'I'm sick as a dog' stage.

I think the fact that he kept drinking showed that Michael was experience a lack of inhibitions, like Max. (Having lived with dear drunk Hank Whitmore, Michael had never touched alcohol until then.) He just wasn't a happy drunk. He was miserable about Maria. And he kept going until he was really bad off.
Titch22
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Titch22 »

isabelle wrote:no, it wasn't explained. I believe the fandom explanation is that the aliens used their powers to remove the alcohol from the champagne before drinking it at the wedding.
That would make sense. Thanks for the reply
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

isabelle wrote:Well, as you said, Michael had a LOT more alcohol than Max. Having drunk that much, he probably went straight past the 'no inhibitions' stage to the 'I'm sick as a dog' stage.
I agree with this one. That was always my perception. I also attribute the lack of hangover to Max's self-healing abilities.

As for the champagne at the wedding, do we know that it was alcoholic? It may have been sparkling grape juice. Max was only 18 at the time, I doubt he would have been served at a public function where his parents were present (especially since the Crashdown was catering and Jeff was not fond of Max).
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

LittleBit wrote:
Besides Max's favorite being Cherry Coke, does anyone know if they ever mentioned if the others had favorites at the Crashdown?

Does anyone have a link to the Crashdown menu?
Max never really ordered very many things onscreen - Alien Blast, Men in Blackberry Pie. In one epi he was eating a hamburger

As for a menu, I've been building a huge Roswell archive & reference on my website, and I've just opened it to the public. It is still in progress, but I do have a fairly complete menu.

Here is the link for the main archive - http://www.roswelloracle.com/archives.html

The Crashdown menu is in the Series Reference & Dictionary section.
Here is a direct link - http://www.roswelloracle.com/menu.html
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I just read the original first episode. Why did they change it to what it is now? Why did they give Liz a different last name than the books? Why they completely change everything?
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Roswellian117 wrote:I just read the original first episode. Why did they change it to what it is now? Why did they give Liz a different last name than the books? Why they completely change everything?
I think the reason they changed Liz's last name was because they cast Shiri and as she was obviously not Latina, they decided not to give her a Latina name. (I'm glad they dropped the older sister storyline.) I have no idea why they changed Alex's name.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

nibbles2 wrote:
Roswellian117 wrote:I just read the original first episode. Why did they change it to what it is now? Why did they give Liz a different last name than the books? Why they completely change everything?
I think the reason they changed Liz's last name was because they cast Shiri and as she was obviously not Latina, they decided not to give her a Latina name. (I'm glad they dropped the older sister storyline.) I have no idea why they changed Alex's name.
Ohhhh..... If I had played Liz I could've kept the original last name seeing as I am Mexican. LOL! Thanks Nibbles!!!! Love your stories!!!