The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by Heavenli24 »

NotYourChick wrote:The fact that I look 15 and I'm in my early 20s. Guys never believe me about my age. Which bugs the hell out of me. Everyone tells me "well you will like it when you are older." Sorry don't see that.
April wrote:Anyway, that was a few years ago, but I think about it literally every single day. I was horrified. And like you said, people say, "Oh, when you're my age, you'll want to be told you look young." It's like, no, not childrens' menu young.
I know what you guys mean - people are constantly thinking I'm about 16 years old (and often talk to me as if I am)... I just turned 26, for God's sake!! I even got ID'd when buying paracetamol (Tylenol) in the supermarket in 2007 - you only have to be 16 to buy it!

And, yes, everyone says 'you'll be grateful for it in 10 years', but that doesn't help me now when people think I'm the youngest sibling in the family instead of the oldest... I'm 7 years older than my youngest brother :shock: .
Hunter wrote:How tall are you guys? I'm five foot five and a half and I feel so short. :(
Wow, I wish I could be as tall as you - I'm only 5' 2" :P !!
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

Hunter wrote: Omg seriously? A child's menu at 18 yrs?

How tall are you guys? I'm five foot five and a half and I feel so short. :(

I wish I was Taylor Swift Tall.
I'm 4'11.
- Amanda
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

I'm used to the word "shortie" since my younger sister (16 yrs) is taller then me (5 ft 6 and a half) and the other one is getting even more taller (5 ft 3) and she's only just turned 10. :shock: And one of my best mates is 5 ft 11. lol. Now I do feel shorter. :oops:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

LOL, short people rule!
- Amanda
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Got to thinking the other day and I suddenly realized...much to my embarrasment :oops: that it's been almost two years since I went out on a date :oops:

Yes it's true I am a loser.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

No, you're not killjoy. You're not a loser.

My boyfriend/sort of fiancee (he might just be a boyfriend now), lives in another state, and whenever I see him, we never go out or do anything exciting. So technically it's been that long since I've been on a date, too.

He's pissing me off.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

killjoy wrote:Got to thinking the other day and I suddenly realized...much to my embarrasment :oops: that it's been almost two years since I went out on a date :oops:

Yes it's true I am a loser.
Try 4.
- Amanda
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

@killjoy: Totally not! The world is experiencing a shortage of decent human beings. That's all it is.
@April: That sounds lame. I'd be pissed off too.

It's my anniversary in 3 days, and I don't have any money because my ex-roommate is a flake and hasn't given me back my $1000 deposit on the apartment I moved out of almost 6 months ago (when I realize how long it's been, it pisses me off even more than I already am). So, as usual, I'm unable to do anything particularly special.

Why is it that people don't seem to be able to think about anyone but themselves?
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well I'm hoping that everyone elses Saturday night didn't suck as bad as mine did :roll:

For starters I went to one of the only few club/restaurant in this town you can go too to have fun and try to meet someone.

First off even after telling the waitress FOUR times how I wanted my order...the stupid woman still got it wrong :roll: "Ohhh you said you wanted no pickles on that?" Where I rolled my eyes and said "YES! I told you FOUR times NO pickles!"

Second I got shot down THREE times when I tried to talk to some of the women there....yes that really helped my ego that night :roll:

And last but not least in order for God to make sure I had just the shittest night of all time my stupid waitress was refilling my glass and she than dropped it where it hit my pants and coated it from the knee all the way down.The only bright side to all of it was at least it hit my knee and not my lap.

And even more.....after getting my order wrong PLUS spilling a drink on me they didn't even offer to maybe take something off my tab or anything like that to make up for it.But I made damn sure the stupid waitress didn't get a tip :twisted:
lizandzackfan
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizandzackfan »

Is anyone else noticing the lack of activity on this forum? I've recently gotten into Twilight fanfiction and it's alot more active. I know that it's newer but It would be nice if this forum was as active. Yea I know random lol.
Thanks to precariousem for my sig banner.
Check out my site.
http://writersfanfiction.darkbb.com/index.htm