Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 12/23/13

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 12/23/13

Post by Whimsicality »

5/2/13 A/N: Just wanted to post another update. I'm focusing on finishing Figments, and Fighting Fear right now, and then hopefully I can get back to working on Otherworld and Dance in the Abyss along with some of the new stuff I've started posting (and the new stuff I haven't started posting yet). I haven't abandoned When Dreams Change, but I want to finish some of the smaller, less epic stuff first before I dive back into that universe, so that I can do it justice (although believe me, the muse is champing at the bit, so who knows how long I'll hold out). Thank you again for all of your feedback and patience, you guys rock!

Works In Progress

Round 12
Runnerup for Best Lead Portrayal in a UC fic for Liz
Runnerup for Best Polar fic

Round 13
Runnerup for Best Lead Portrayal in a UC fic for Liz
Runnerup for I Never Read UC Until This Fic

Image - August 2010

When Dreams Change

What could have happened after departure if Liz had kept her backbone and of course if the story went Polar. This includes aliens, Antar, Destiny, and the Granolith.
~ Ch. 24 posted on 01/06, A/N 4/25
~ Ch. 20 reposted on 7/31
This fic is currently undergoing a rewrite/repost, new chapter will be up hopefully soonish

For Ava

Image - October 2010

Fighting Fear

Alternate Season Three. Following the events of Departure, Ava returns to Roswell to help Liz harness her growing powers. Tess's betrayal has irrevocably changed the lives of the Roswell teens - relationships will end and begin, loyalties will shift, and new paths will be forged as they learn that Destiny is entirely subjective and that their lives still have many more surprises in store. Mi/L, K/I.
~ Chapter Twenty Three posted on 12/23/13

Raelyn for Best Original Character

Chains of Fate Series:

Redoing Roswell from day one. Starts preseries and will continue past it. Ensemble Fic. Polar, other pairings will be revealed as the stories continue.

Walk the Edge of Shadows

Alternate Universe in which Michael was the first to let in a human, long before they were old enough to realize the consequences.
~ Ch. 13 posted on 5/19 ~ Complete

Tread the Brink of Dreams

Alternate Universe in which Tess emerged from the pod before Nasedo found her and a certain Roswell family gained a new member. Sequel to Walk the Edge of Shadows.
~ Ch. 13 posted on 8/30, Complete

Linger in this Otherworld

Alternate Universe Season One, starts with the shooting and will go through Destiny.
~ Ch. 9 posted on 6/5
~ A/N posted on 1/12, next chapter in progress.

Lost Souls Series:

Anita Blake Crossover Series based on the Mommy Anita Challenge at Twisting the Hellmouth.

For Anita

Runner-Up for Best Crossover Fan Fiction

Wander Into Darkness

What happens when three of our beloved Roswellians are dropped into the Anita verse as adorable, powerful, six year olds. Set post EOTW in the Roswell verse.
~ Ch. 20 posted on 5/24 ~ Complete

Growing up Blake

Drabbles stretching from the end of Wander into Darkness, to just before Dance in the Abyss.
~ Ch. 20 posted on 10/13 ~ Complete

Dance in the Abyss

Sequel to Wander Into Darkness; continuing adventures of Liz, Tess, and Alex in the Anita verse.
~ Ch. 9 posted on 7/3
~ A/N posted on 1/12, next chapter almost done.

Song of Immortality
Sequel to Wander Into Darkness and Dance in the Abyss, last in series; continuing adventures of Liz, Tess, and Alex in the Anita verse. Surprise appearance of another Roswellian

Universal Language

Series of unconnected ficlets, inspired by songs that make me think of Roswell. All in first person of various characters, mostly angsty, kind of a POV experiment.
~ Fic Eight posted on 1/12

Czechoslovakian Guide to the Multiverse

Collection of crossover ficlets, inspired by KiaraAlexisKlay's I, Liz. Most will be one to two parts and unconnected, though some may be longer. Most will also probably be Liz centered, but you can expect to see the occasional Alex, Isabel, Michael, and Tess centered pieces as well (Maria and Max are less likely, sorry).
~ Ficlet Eight posted on 1/12

Figments

Two people who ruined their lives for love start something new with each other. It's not healthy, and they're not quite sane, but Liz and Damon can't stay away, and their relationship will alter both of their fates.
Vampire Diaries XO, UC and CC pairings.
~ Part Six posted on 4/25/13

Green and Gold, Red and Silver

Connecting moments of certain Roswell characters growing up in the HP verse and the relationships and lives that are changed as a result - a darker, highly political, more in depth view of the Wizarding world and the complexities of its culture.
Harry Potter XO, XO pairings.
~ Part Four posted on 6/14/13

Ekphrasis

In which the smallest of small town girls (who saved the world once or twice) becomes an Avenger and starts doing it full time.
Marvel XO, XO pairings.
~ Chapter Eight posted on 10/28/13

Death's Sweet Caress

Liz dies and ends up somewhere quite different than she expected. Alien battles have nothing on vampires, werewolves, and zombies. What has she gotten herself into now?
~ Ch. 12 posted on 4/25, AN posted on 7/17
Fic on Temporary Hiatus

Complete Fics

This is Fire

Alternate Season One ficlet exploring a very different result of Tess’s arrival in Roswell. Mostly smut but lots of fun, surprise main pairing with Polar leanings.

Nothing At All

Very dark short future fic, post grad. Liz/Rath pairing, involves depression, sex, and death. Not a happy story.

Image - November 2010

Conversations with the Damned

Dark AU, One Shot, Supernatural crossover. Liz/Dean pairing, a chance conversation between two cellmates in hell.

Little Slice of Hell

Dark AU, One shot follow-up to Conversations with the Damned. Dean's POV of a chance meeting in hell.

Only Human

Dark AA story, Liz POV oneshot. An unexpected influence seeks power in the wake of Tess’s departure.

Prey to Desire Series:

Season One Polar series that goes AU after Missing.

Poison
Michael/Liz Season One Songfic, first in series - Complete

The Scientist
Michael/Liz Season One Songfic, second in series - Complete

Schism
Michael/Liz Season One Songfic, third in series – Complete

Temptation
Michael/Liz Season One Songfic, fourth in series – Complete

Dizzy
Michael/Liz Season One Songfic, fifth in series - Complete

Butterfly
Michael/Liz Season One Songfic, sixth and last in series - Complete

Prey to Desire
Companion Drabbles - Complete

Stranger than Fiction

Non Roswell - Castle/Buffy Crossover; Castle always had the strangest contacts
Chapter Two of this little ficlet is up for an award on Twisting the Hellmouth! :D I am super excited.

- Runner-up for Best Portrayal of a Dupe

Image - Summer 2010

Heat Stroke
Liz/Rath. Naughty Summer Fun, Adult. Written for the Vilondra Summer Fic Challenge on Roswell Heaven where it won Best UC Fic, and was runner-up for Best Exploration of a Minor Character.

Melting
Rath surprises Liz at college, sexy and fluffy hijinks ensue. Follow-up to Heat Stroke.
~ Complete on 4/29

Rug
Liz/Michael post Departure one shot.

Image - Fall 2010

You've Got To Be Kidding Me
Funny, Spooky, and Romantic Halloween story written for the Fall Vilondra Challenge on RH.
~ Part Three of Three posted on 10/23

How to Survive a Horror Movie
Spooky, kinda funny, Halloween story based on the Rules to Surviving a Horror Movie. Total evil ending you'll want to kill me for.
~ 1/1 posted on 10/29

Always

She first discovered magic as a child, years before a certain reincarnated alien king healed her in her parents' diner. She fought, she lived, she loved. Then she was sent back and given a new destiny, a new war, but she never stopped searching for a way home. Liz/Edmund.
~ Part Seven posted on 12/9

Always a King

Companion piece to Always. 50 Line Character Study of Edmund.
~ 1/1 posted on 1/17

Always a Queen

Companion piece to Always. 50 Line Character Study of Liz.
~ 1/1 posted on 4/26

Falling
Polar one shot. Liz's POV on the three men she's loved. Inspired by a Neil Gaiman Quote
~ 1/1 posted on 12/13

Alex Whitman, World Savior
Fifthwheeler long one shot. When Tess warps Alex to decode the book, it creates an unexpected side effect that she can’t control, leading to a bond, emotions, and a future she didn’t see coming until it was too late to resist, until she didn’t want to resist. Written for Lisa for the Polar Attraction Secret Santa Fic Exchange.
~ 1/1 posted on 1/17

Unleashed Series:

AU Very Adult R/L/Z series.

Alien Blast
Rath/Liz/Zan, AU Future Fic, Smut. Very ADULT.

Enjoying the Show
Rath/Liz/Zan, AU Future Fic, Threesome Smut. Very ADULT.

Misfeasance

Misfeasance - The wrongful exercise of lawful authority. When the St. Louis pack proves unable or unwilling to deal with their reprehensible leaders, someone else steps in.
AB XO, UC Pairing
~ 3/3 posted on 1/31/13

Anger

Rage and ruin, the emotion that defines and destroys her life.
CC/AA, Liz POV Oneshot.
~ 1/1 posted on 2/3/13

Happy

Pain only hurts when you've experienced the alternative.
CC/AA, Michael POV Oneshot.
~ 1/1 posted on 2/10/13

Little Mysteries

Light fluffy fun as we get a glimpse at an alternate future for the podsquad and a certain NCIS agent is driven crazy by questions with no answers.
NCIS XO, UC Pairings
~ 4/4 posted on 2/6/13

Radioactive

It’s the end of the world and she’s going to burn, burn, burn it all to the ground.
AA Liz Centric Oneshot, CC Pairings
~ 1/1 posted on 4/15/13

Coming Soon (Soon may be relative :wink: )

Where There’s Smoke
Sequel to This is Fire. Alternate Season One exploring the continuing and very different results of Tess’s arrival in Roswell. This is Fire was largely smut, the sequel is equally lighthearted. T/L/Mi, A/I, and M/M.

Blind Man's Bluff
Max had come back to change the future, sent with a message of the changes that had to be made to save everyone, just not the message he thought he was delivering. UC/AU. Polar, Incrowder, other pairings TBD.

Fics Not On RF

This section's for you Yas!

Antar Girl's Cry Too

Response to the 50 lines challenge on Polar Attraction, Ava centric.

Kaleidoscope

Roswell Drabbles. Glimpses into the life and soul of a reincarnated Queen, a traitor, a girl. Collection of loosely connected drabbles, all Tess POV, some canon, some not.

Just a Soul

Veronica Mars/Jennifer's Body ficlet. Needy finds another girl with a dead BFF. Mentions of Female/Female relationships.

Criminal With Class

Takers ficlet. The tattoos are a map of his life.

Italian Job

Takers ficlet. AJ's thoughts as he died; they should have paid more attention to the other meaning of Ghost's words.

Apocalypse Now

Harry Potter oneshot. Crackish AU 7th year fluffy fic. The war is over and done with, no one that matters died, and everyone's back at Hogwarts. Harry, Draco, and friends discuss what they would do during a zombie apocalypse. H/D established couple.
Last edited by Whimsicality on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 196 times in total.

Whimsicality's Fics

There was nothing more she wanted to do than crawl back into bed, wrap herself in Michael, and spend the day trading kisses and learning what made him sigh, what made his breath catch, what made him purr in the back of his throat. - Liz in Hunted by Ashita

Polar Attraction - Not just for Polarists...
Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 12/15

Post by Whimsicality »

Other Awards

For Funniest Author in Round 13 of the RF Awards

For Best Author of a Crossover in Round 14

For Best Author of an Unconventional Fanfic in Round 14

July 2010

Themed Avatar Challenge: Kiss

Themed Winter Signature Challenge: Romance

Other Art
Avi's:

ImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImage

Collaborated Fics

Check out my collaborated fics with Ashita under our joint account PolarTwins

I'll probably put some more of my art up here at some point :)
Last edited by Whimsicality on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Whimsicality's Fics

There was nothing more she wanted to do than crawl back into bed, wrap herself in Michael, and spend the day trading kisses and learning what made him sigh, what made his breath catch, what made him purr in the back of his throat. - Liz in Hunted by Ashita

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 12/21

Post by Whimsicality »

Yes I do and yay! I just shot you a PM :-D

Whimsicality's Fics

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 12/22

Post by Whimsicality »

Finally updated When Dreams Change! Hopefully that particular muse is my friend again...

Whimsicality's Fics

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 12/22

Post by Whimsicality »

Posted new chapters for Death's Sweet Caress and Wander Into Darkness

Whimsicality's Fics

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 01/05

Post by Whimsicality »

Posted new chapters for Wander Into Darkness and Death's Sweet Caress.

Also dropped off the nominee banner for When Dreams Change, thank you so much! I am working on the next chapter for that story and hopefully should have it done by the end of the week. :D

Whimsicality's Fics

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 01/06

Post by Whimsicality »

Posted new chapter of When Dreams Change :D

Whimsicality's Fics

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 01/12

Post by Whimsicality »

Updated Wander Into Darkness and Death's Sweet Caress

Thanks Ashita! Your nomination is totally well deserved as well and I agree with Jan that you should be getting a couple more cause I know I nominated you for several ;-)

Whimsicality's Fics

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 01/12

Post by Whimsicality »

I posted AN's on Wander Into Darkness, Death's Sweet Caress, and When Dreams Change. The first two are just apologizing for the delay, I've had some power/internet issues due to weather but new parts should be up soon.

The note on When Dreams Change was to thank everyone for the votes, it was runnerup for Best Polar Fic and Best Lead Portrayal in a UC fic for Liz so thank you very much. Also it is currently undergoing a rewrite so once I and my beta agree it's ready I will start reposting it from chapter one on, although in the same Topic so you won't need to keep track of a new one.

Whimsicality's Fics

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Whimsicality's Fics ~ Updated 01/31

Post by Whimsicality »

Posted a new chapter of Death's Sweet Caress and thanks Ashita! :D I am definitely honored.

Whimsicality's Fics