The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by Earth2Mama »

O.k. I had just managed to forget that today is the 1 year anniversary of my G-ma's death. That is, until my mother called and reminded me of it. And now, I'm sitting here ... feeling bad because I kinda of blew her off. It was her mother that died and I know that she called to talk to me about, but I just couldn't.

I feel like the worst sort of bitch now - thinking only of my pain and not hers. :cry:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

Ellie *hug* No one can blame you. I'm sure she understands.
- Amanda
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I'm sure your mom will understand, you're in pain too and you aren't ignoring hers you just don't want to talk about it which is understandable. People grieve in different ways. Maybe you could just explain to her that you're sorry but you can't talk about it yet.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

Earth2Mama wrote:O.k. I had just managed to forget that today is the 1 year anniversary of my G-ma's death. That is, until my mother called and reminded me of it. And now, I'm sitting here ... feeling bad because I kinda of blew her off. It was her mother that died and I know that she called to talk to me about, but I just couldn't.

I feel like the worst sort of bitch now - thinking only of my pain and not hers.
\

Ellie I know that your mom understands. There is no greater love than the love you have for your kids, I highly doubt that she would want you to talk about something that hurts you.

Sometimes memories are just so painful you can't talk about it, and that is totally normal.

I know you feel bad but we can't always be there for the one's we love.

It's just means your human.

It's obvious you've got a big kind heart or you wouldn't be feeling bad about this to begin with.

IF it really bothers you call her tomorrow or when you can and just explain why you couldn't talk to her.

I'm sure it's not even an issure for her but it will make you feel better.

big hugs to you sweetie

carrie

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Thank you everyone for your thoughts/comments. It really means a lot. After what happen, today was tough day to get thru for me.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

When I first found out I was pregnant I read one of those week by week books, then when my son was born I read one of those week by week the first year book, when I bought him his toddler bed because I was worried about him climbing out, I read "expert" advice on how it's best to leave your child in the crib until they're 3, "don't worry if they climb out, a child could harm themselves more falling out of a toddler bed." MY ASS! My son is almost 2 about a month away and I understand that he's tall for his age, I really do but he could've crawled out of there at 18 months had he really wanted to. And now instead of going along with my better judgment and transitioning him into a toddler bed at 18 months, he has a giant bruise on the side of his head, cause he climbed and fell. And I'm honestly thinking to myself that a fall from a foot off the ground was probably more desirable then the probably four 4 his crib does. Freaking people! From now on I'm just listening to other people I know that have kids.
kismet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kismet »

I think that those books are written by people who think they know how to rise cildren, but actually they don't have one :roll:

Thanks to Aprillynn
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Yeah most likely.
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I now have to take care of a dog that is not mine. One that cries alot. Which is not normal since there is nothing for him to cry about. So they left him out in the house. He is a great dane and I'm little (about 4'11) so he can push me down hard. He made a mess in the house. Guess who had to clean it up? Me! I'm so sick of the dog.
- Amanda
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

NotYourChick wrote:I now have to take care of a dog that is not mine. One that cries alot. Which is not normal since there is nothing for him to cry about. So they left him out in the house. He is a great dane and I'm little (about 4'11) so he can push me down hard. He made a mess in the house. Guess who had to clean it up? Me! I'm so sick of the dog.

That's why I'm a cat person :lol: