Dawson's Creek

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Favourite Couple

Dawson and Joey
19%
Dawson and Jen
No votes
Pacey and Joey
56%
Pacey and Jen
5%
Pacey and Andie
14%
Dawson and Gretchin
2%
Jack and Doug
2%
Jack and Joey
2%

Total votes: 57

NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dawson's Creek

Post by NotYourChick »

I just watched the last ep. I think its good to go back and watch sometimes. Makes me remember who I was when I first started to watch the show.
- Amanda
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well I have to admit Andie/Pacey did nothing for me.

From the start of the show I was all the way into Joey/Pacey...to this day they are still my all time favorite couple....tv..books...movies...doesent matter they are still number one.

But...I have to admit..Jack/Jen...not a couple due to Jack being gay,but still they almost had the best relationship of any of them :lol:
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

You're right about Jack and Jen. My sister was convinced that he wasn't gay. She thought he was just confused. I love his speech to Jen when she was dying "don't you get it? You belong to me. You're my soulmate". The final episode was way better than the entire show.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well I thought the writers busted it when it came to Jen/Dawson when they were in college.They had that little bitty fling....but they could have done so much more with that.The whole 'we didn't connect in high school but now...." I think that could have went some where good with that.....even though I HATED Dawson :lol: it might have saved his character.

Ohh speaking of which did anyone know that there was a study done to find the WORST tv boyfriends of all time and Dawson came in SECOND! :lol: Only Sam from Cheers was considered the worst boyfriend.They listed his faults as....he saw life as like a movie script and when Joey left from it he went crazy...plus they listed his stalker actions when he found out about Joey/Pacey in season three :lol:

Worst Teenage Drama Queen:
Dawson Leery, played by James Van Der Beek, “Dawson’s Creek”

Dawson was the most irritating kind of bad boyfriend, in that he was the kind of bad boyfriend who was preoccupied with what a good boyfriend he was. His Attitude-O-Meter only had two settings, labeled “obsessively sycophantic” and “patronizingly dismissive.”

Most disturbingly, Dawson was always convinced that if only his darling Joey would accept that destiny had made reservations for them on the great Carnival Cruise of Life, all would be solved. He was only controlling and judgmental, he reasoned, because she refused to accept the inevitability of it all and the depth of his love. There’s a word for that, and the word is “stalker.”
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

Pacey and Joey were a great couple. I'm really happy they ended up together. I remember being scared that they would put her with Dawson in the end.

Watch the last ep I forgot Andie was in it. I don't know why.

The Jen and Jack thing. They show how soulmates don't always have to be lovers. That they can be friends.
- Amanda
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I just watched the finale of this show on Youtube a few months ago. I had watched the first three/four seasons on TV and then pretty much ditched it, but I wanted to see how it ended (even though I had heard about Jen's death and how Joey picked Pacey and all that). Based on my viewing of the finale alone, I can confidently say that Jen and Jack's friendship was the best relationship on the show. :)
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Wow, that was really harsh. I'm not a fan of Dawson but i don't think he deserves to be called "worst boyfriend". He dated girls for only a brief time so with the exception of Jen in the first season, i have a hard time remembering when he was in a long relationship.

Andie showed up in the finale (part 1) because the writers wanted Joey to end up with Dawson. But they changed their minds in part 2. By the way, Andie looked beautiful and really mature in that scene.

-Jason Mraz
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

SidneyAce wrote:Andie showed up in the finale (part 1) because the writers wanted Joey to end up with Dawson. But they changed their minds in part 2. By the way, Andie looked beautiful and really mature in that scene.
First off yes I've seen that scene with Andie in it.They were sitting at a table in the hospital some where.And she looked so much better with longer hair....sorry but I have a serious thing for women with long hair like that(hated Maria first season hair :lol: )

Second...thank god the writers changed their minds and got Pacey/Joey together.They are the only tv couple I ever felt passion enough about to care majorly over them. :oops: :lol:
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

killjoy wrote: First off yes I've seen that scene with Andie in it.They were sitting at a table in the hospital some where.And she looked so much better with longer hair....sorry but I have a serious thing for women with long hair like that(hated Maria first season hair :lol: )
First of all, you're not being unique here. Most of the guys i know like women with long hair. It's almost like a guy thing. :roll:

second, i agree that Andie looked so much better. That was the actress's only request to agree on appearing in the finale, she wanted to look the way she normally looks in her real life.
killjoy wrote:Second...thank god the writers changed their minds and got Pacey/Joey together.They are the only tv couple I ever felt passion enough about to care majorly over them. :oops: :lol:
That's really funny because Andie and Pacey are the only tv coupld i ever invested so much in them.

By the way, i read somewhere that the guy who plays Pacey was Katie Homes's first love. Kinda sweet to think about.

-Jason Mraz
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

Joshua Jackson is my first celebrity crush. All started with The Mighty Ducks. They even referenced it in Dawson's Creek