LOST Season 6

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

roswellian love
Addicted Roswellian

Re: LOST Season 6

Post by roswellian love »

Jason's Lover
ok you put That the series finale was emotionally satisfying for everyone that wasn't a Skater. And Sawyer/Juliet is a fucking joke. I dont agree with you at all cause first of all Im a hardcore skate fan and seeing juliet and sawyer use to anger me until the series finale, I finally understood what the writers were showing. Yes kate and sawyer was white hot chemistry but she was always torn between the two. In the series finale They sum up their relationship perfectly when sawyer said we gotta jump Bam right there put everything very clear for me their relationship has always been risky, reckless and passionate. Sawyer fell in love with Juliet and I never wanted to see it until he touched her and the emotions they both showed said it all thats his destiny. Trust me Im not a Jate fan but I couldn't deny what was clear anymore.
The serie Finale was amazing and yes there was alot of unanswered questions still, which I to find irritating. But the way they showed the flash's was beyond beautiful. The series finale was about Soulmates and Fate.
Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

I still stand by everything I said. Sawyer/Juliet probably had 40 minutes of screentime as a pairing. And 90% of those scenes had to do with the elephant in the room - Kate Austen. I don't give a flying fuck that they were together for 3 years. That wasn't on my screen. I didn't see it. What I DID see, was Kate and Sawyer's relationship being developed. In all of their frustrating, complicated, angsty glory. Not a moment was implied or imagined. Every look, kiss, fight, love scene, hug. It was all there to see. Jate is not even worth mentioning. Jack always had a destiny bigger and more important than Kate and that still held true. They were a couple off-island, faaaar away from Sawyer where Kate could be unambiguous and they STILL failed. Why? Because she chose to honor the promise she made to Sawyer over her engagement to Jack. Lol. They never had one-tenth of the romantic moments Kate and Sawyer were given over the course of the series. So for them getting that final moment in the end with Kate still getting on the plane and leaving Jack behind..good for Jate. I hope every JK fan is happy with that. My beef is that Sawyer/Juliet, who wouldn't have been a second thought if they weren't so popular, got a meaningful moment and Sawyer/Kate, a SERIES long relationship, got nothing. That was fucked up in every way imaginable.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Jason's Lover - WORD ... to both of your posts! I'm sure if April were around, she'd agree with you as well.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

Heh, thanks. :lol:

I just can't get past it. I am never rewatching that finale or ANY episode of this series ever again. I feel duped and misled. If this show was all about soulmates, then why the fuck did they spend so many seasons on the mythology of the island and pretty much making it all about these demi-gods that brought these people to the island like pawns in some age old game of proving each other wrong? What was the point of it all? What the fuck is that light in the cave? What IS the island? Why was it so special? UGH.

I feel like my head is gonna explode. I wasted 6 years of my life on this piece of shit. Never again.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Makes me glad I never watched the show :lol:
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

For me it WASN'T about the couple's at all!! They say when you die the people who passed who at one time were a significant part of your life all gathed together to take you to heaven.

When the hell were Sawyer and Kate EVER a couple? NEVER!!! They fucked... ONCE!! They did have a moment but you all are bitching and ranting and raving about Skate and Jate (lame nics btw). Get over it! It is a show... If you don't like how something went write a fanfic about it!!! Make your own LOST story.

All you «hardcore» skate fans are being VERY biased and judgemental.

I'm NOT attacking anyone personally but it is also taking away from the show. This show was about choices... OH and BTW i see no one complaing about Sayid not being with Nadia the supposed love of his life!!

In conclusion, it's a show! Get the fuck over it because it was original and it was quality tv!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Jason's Lover . . . OMG. You are my hero right now. I agree 100% with EVERYTHING you said. (I haven't visited Fishbuiscuitland yet. Was it just a madhouse over there after the finale aired?)
God knows they had more romantic scenes and white hot chemistry than every fucking pairing in that afterlife shit put together.
YES! Exactly! And I'm sorry, but anyone who doesn't see that is just delusional as far as I'm concerned. The anti-Skaters have been using the "lust defense" to support Jate for years now. "Oh, Kate and Sawyer are all about lust." Yeah fucking right. But at least they do have lust, which is a part of TRUE love. You can't underestimate the importance of hot chemistry.
Roswellian117 wrote:When the hell were Sawyer and Kate EVER a couple? NEVER!!! They fucked... ONCE!! They did have a moment but you all are bitching and ranting and raving about Skate and Jate (lame nics btw). Get over it! It is a show... If you don't like how something went write a fanfic about it!!! Make your own LOST story.
A moment? Uh, they had more than just a moment. They had a love story. They were a couple as much as anyone could be a couple given their crazy island lifestyles. He proved on more than one occassion that he was willing to die with her, and she proved on more than one occassion that she was fascinated by him. She was the only one who had him figured out. They knew each other better than they knew themselves.
All you «hardcore» skate fans are being VERY biased and judgemental.
Skaters aren't the ones who are biased. Skaters watch the show and get it. And FYI, if your favorite couple had been given NOTHING in the finale, you would be very pissed off about it, too. I maintain that the only reason Skate wasn't given any screentime is that the writers knew Jate and Suliet were contrived and that Skate were epic, so they couldn't let any epic-ness seep through, otherwise brainwashed people would see what a contrived crock of shit Jate and Suliet were. Sure, Jack and Kate loved each other. Sawyer and Juliet loved each other, too. But the only couple out of this mess of a quadrangle that was consistently shown to be romantically and passionately in love was Kate and Sawyer.

Bottom line: There is a reason why Jate always makes the list of worst television couples ever and Skate always makes the list of best ones.

It's quite clear that the writers gave Juliet to Sawyer as a consolation prize because they were so stuck on their idea of Jack being great no matter what and getting what he wanted in the end. It's really just lazy writing, honestly. It's quite clear that the writers had given up on Jate until the fans of Suliet (mostly all Jaters, by the way) took what they knew about being brainwashed and brainwashed the writers themselves. Hell, Sawyer and Juliet never even spoke to each other until Season 5, pretty much. Are we supposed to believe that that's epic? It's really quite laughable. Honestly, the entire thing is just ridiculous.

Rodney, be glad you didn't watch the show. The writers lost the ability to write at the end. Although Emilie's character got a good ending. They wrapped up her storyline decently and got her back together with Charlie.

ETA: And actually, I was quite pissed that Sayid wasn't with Nadia at the end. He and Shannon were kind of cool together, but Nadia should have been there, too. The show shouldn't have even ended with couples. It should have ended more with everyone loving each other as a whole rather than being in these little pairs.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

April wrote:ETA: And actually, I was quite pissed that Sayid wasn't with Nadia at the end. He and Shannon were kind of cool together, but Nadia should have been there, too. The show shouldn't have even ended with couples. It should have ended more with everyone loving each other as a whole rather than being in these little pairs.
Yeah, that left me saying ... Whaaaaat??? Shannon was Sayid's forever after? :? Hmmm ... still trying to figure that one out.

I just feel like I've been dicked around the last few seasons and then during the finale, I was finally fucked! UGH ... still so pissed :x

April - You hit the nail on the head with that statement you made about Skate - they really did get each other. They recognized from the very beginning that they were kindred souls and it just showed during the entire course of the show. To be honest, fine. They put Jack and Kate together at the end. I can deal with that. But to not give Skate a resolution when everyone else got closure?

They lived together in New Otherton. They fought for each other (during life/death moments, disagreements with others, etc.) and yes, they even fought with each other. They always had each others backs though, in every way. To not give them a decent ending - i.e. a "look" or some other "sign"?

That is fucking unacceptable!

I'll admit, during the whole Charlie/Claire scene, I was balling like a big ass baby! That was the most moving part, to me, of the entire episode.

ETA: I'm not a die hard fan of any ship (although I do lean more toward Skate than any other). But ... I do value each ship (Kate/Jack or Jate, Sawyer/Juliet or Suliet, Kate/Sawyer or Skate and Jack/Juliet or Jacket).

Each of those relationship were different. And, they all brought out something in each other that their other partners never did/could - which is true in real life relationships as well.

Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

This show was NOT about love. Character study. I recently watched every episode and what I saw between Sawyer and Kate was a bond. You all think obviously this chick is a Jack/Kate lover and you jump down my throat. I AM NOT!! All the couples except Jin/Sun were just in my background.

Jack as a stand alone I would be with. That's because in REAL LIFE he is a HUGE green day fan!

Oh and to answer your question no a lot of the time my couple doesn't end up together but I don't get pissed about it. I don't think Henry VIII should've killed Anne Boleyn but what's the use in crying.

What's done is done. LOST was special for what it was. It's over. Make up your own ending. Instead of hating on other people's couple's we should embrace that this show changed television.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

Roswellian117/Vanessa,

First, I agree with you ... on one point you've made thus far. To me, the show was not really about love or finding your soul mate. In the beginning, it was about how people reacted in the wake of a plane crash. It then turned into a character study of how people's choices (past and present) led them to where they all ended up together - ON THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND. However, at the same time, Love did factor into the decisions that these people made and help/guided/influenced them. So to me, the show was about love, redemption, forgiveness and just what the hell the island was all about and why those particular people needed to be there?!

Second, you are coming across as very irate and condescending with regards to how people viewed the series as a whole and how they viewed the series finale. You preach for tolerance, but I don't see you taking your own advice. I don't know you personally, but to me, that's how you are coming across - is that your intention? Regardless of the various fandoms/die hard shippers that are around here, we are all entitled to feel how we feel about LOST, whether it be the entire series as a whole or just the series finale episode. You loved it, great for you. I'm happy that you got the ending you were expecting or wanted. But for me, honestly ... I thought the series finale as whole was a little above a piece of shit. The entire series as a whole? I liked it very much. I just wish more questions were answered (which I probably won't get until the Season 6 DVD comes out in the summer - I've already pre-ordered it). And you know what - That's my opinion and I stand by it. You don't have to like it, but please respect it. And respect the others who didn't view it the way you or I do. Attacking them or me for viewing it as we saw it from our perspective? Who's being judgmental now?

Lastly, it bothers me that while I can respect the many different POVs in regards to finale others cannot and are attacked for it. Do you realize that by you telling people to "Get over it"? Or even generalizing when you say things like "you all are bitching and ranting and raving about Skate and Jate (lame nics btw)"? You come across as narrow-minded and intolerant of others thoughts and/or feelings?

O.k. I think I've said everything I have to say on this. I'm done. You have my opinion. You can agree. You can disagree. That's fine. I'm cool with that. Peace.
Last edited by Earth2Mama on Wed May 26, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.