Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) [COMPLETE]

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) - Part 131 - 7/15/10

Post by Alien_Friend »

Aww I wanna know what they wrote and if it all will come true.

I love that Michael still wore that shirt! It was so adorable, and cute, and so funny.

Loved Ms. Judy being in the mix. There are so many awesome people in this story.

Fantastically pleasant chapter.

Eagerly awaiting Sunday!
rosyrosy2882
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) - Part 131 - 7/15/10

Post by rosyrosy2882 »

Tess got to her feet a while later when a player for the other team knocked Kyle to the ground harder than she thought was necessary. “Hey, Number 5, you’d better watch what you’re doin’ with my man or I’m gonna kick your ass!” she yelled.
:lol: :lol: Oh tess (: i love her! she is so funny in this fic. I also love her realtionship with Kyle as well. They are so funny! and when Tess cut up Kyle's lucky boxers :lol: so naughty :twisted: but hilarious!

OHMYGOSH! I LOVED MICHAELS SHIRT! :D it was so adorable! Maria is such a lucky girl, getting and amazing bf who does this for her in front of a million people! man, he is amazing(:

Bren's and Tyler's relationship is so cute (: I love how they treat each other as if they hadnt just met them but as if they had known them for years. I love the Guerin Twins (: they are amazing men :wink: Also, when Antonia copied Caela by saying "Ki-Ki" and Caela gave her like a death glare and said, "My Ki-Ki" LOL! :lol: She is so jealous (: hahahahaha

i also love Shane and Callie. Those two remind me of Brooke and Michael...kinda. Hahaha (: i love how Shane is like drooling over the cheerleaders and Callie just looks at him like he is from some other planet. lol.

YAY! the boys won (although i kinda wanted Pruitt to be, like, majorly hurt somewhere in here :wink: but oh well) (: WOOO!!! im so happy for them(: and i like their tradition thing to write notes and bury it until they graduate(: i kinda like that idea....hmm, maybe ill do it in the future?

AND YAY for Luke and Brooke! im so happy that they found each other :D i cant wait to see their relationship grow!

cant wait for more!!
rosy (:

Thanks to RoswellOracle for this beautiful banner (:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smut Smut Smut Smutter <3 (:
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) - Part 132 - 7/18/10

Post by Double Trouble »

Cardinal: Gotta enjoy our victories when they make an appearance.

Lol, yeah, we’re pretty sure he’s in for a little extra something. Even the romantically challenged have their moments.

mary mary: Adam definitely knows how to pick and choose his battles!

Earth2Mama: M&M have come a long way. We’re pretty sure they’ll be a great, strong couple in the future.

Hmm… the papers are buried at the lake. We can’t get them out now and tell you what was on them! ;)

Nah, Sunday is already here, though this is gonna be the last part of DT!

DD sequel? Who told you that? LOL. Hmm, we’re not sure right now – we have another project… you’ll be able to watch the trailer today.

sarammlover: Thanks! Brooke was very happy Luke finally made a move!

kay_b: It was sweet. Hmm… what they wrote. They didn’t tell us.

Alien_Friend: We wanna know too.

He did a really sweet thing wearing that shirt.

Ms. Judy fit right in, didn’t she? Thanks!

rosyrosy2882: She is pretty hilarious at times. Good thing they won that game or she could’ve been in some very hot water, lol!

Gotta love Michael wearing that shirt for his girl.

The Guerin twins are awesome with the kids, aren’t they? Whew, things could’ve gotten ugly between Caela and Antonia, lol. That little girl does not want to share her Ki-Ki.

There are some definite similarities between Shane and Callie’s relationship and Michael and Brooke’s relationship. Any girl with a brother has probably experienced that moment when the bane of her existence becomes a complete idiot simply because there are cheerleaders (or just about anyone else of the female persuasion) around.

Lol, you were seriously gunning for Pruitt, weren’t you? It’s a pretty cool idea, huh? It would be cool to go back and see where you thought you’d be several years down the road and see how close – or how far off – you were.

Author’s Note 1: Whew, finally the day is here… The last part of DT will be posted. It’s kinda sad, since it’s been so much fun to write this story and it was even more fun to read all of your opinions about it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! It really means EVERYTHING to us!

A crazy ride comes to an end… but the end of one fic means the beginning of a different one! You can find a link to the trailer for our new fic at the end of this post.

Enjoy!

Author’s Note 2: The songs used in this part in no way belong to us. Credit goes to Katy Perry and Hinder, respectively:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27RsfuCDH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVpSCCWv42c

Part 132 – Into A New Year… And the Future

Michael stretched as he got out of his car, inhaling deeply and looking out over the ocean for a moment. They had come back to the beach house to say goodnight to the smaller kids before going to the party. He rounded the front of the car to open Maria’s door and help her out.

“Jeez, what took you guys so long?” Shane asked as he took the porch steps two at a time.

“Hmm, who does his impatience remind me of?” Maria asked, smiling.

Michael just rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry, kid... there’ll still be plenty of hot girls out when we get there.”

“He’s just worried they’re all gonna hook up before he gets there,” Callie snickered, shoving him from behind. “Because those college girls are gonna even notice he exists.”

“Shut up, Cal,” he muttered.

“Ooh, yeah, that one hurt.” She rolled her eyes at him. “I know where you hide that dirty magazine you got from that idiot friend of yours... do you really wanna start a fight with me?”

Michael chuckled. “Pick your battles, kid. She’s got you on that one.”

Kyle nodded and slapped the kid on the back as he and Tess joined them. “If your little sister knows where your stash is you’d better come up with a better hidin’ place.”

“Uh-huh,” Tess said from behind him. “And you hide your stash where, Kyle?”

“Me? Hell, no, I don’t need that crap.”

“Good answer, but whether or not it’s true... I’ll find out.”

Brendan avoided that conversation altogether and hurried inside with Karen. “Hey, Rosie,” he greeted, hugging the older woman when he saw her. “Where’s my baby girl?”

“She’s almost asleep. Fightin’ hard to stay awake so she can say goodnight to her mama and daddy.”

Karen chuckled. “Let’s hurry then.”

Brendan entered the dimly lit bedroom where the two youngest had been put down for the night and he leaned over the crib rails to brush a kiss against her forehead. Caela murmured tiredly, unaware of the proud look on her daddy’s face as he watched her.

“She’s simply amazing, Karen.” He shook his head as he turned to look at her.

She nodded. “We did a good job with her.”

He smiled sadly. It still hurt that he had missed so much time with his little girl. Her first step, her first word... it wasn’t something he could ever get back and he wasn’t the kind of person who spent a lot of time obsessing about what was lost to him, but it still hurt.

Karen wrapped her arms around him from behind when he turned to look at his daughter again. “I’m sorry, Bren.”

He shook his head. “She might not be here if you hadn’t done what you did... my brain knows that, but my heart just... it hurts and there’s no point denyin’ it.” He gently ran his hand over Caela's head, brushing his fingers through her soft hair. “I won’t miss anything else though,” he vowed quietly.

“I know you won’t,” Karen said just as quietly. “You’ll always be there for her.”

He nodded and turned in her arms, bringing his hands up to frame her face. “I do understand, Karen,” he insisted as he looked into her blue eyes. “But if we ever get the chance to have another baby be prepared for me to be involved to a degree that’ll probably drive you insane.” He smiled and shrugged.

She snorted. “As long as you promise to rub my feet and all when I get all fat and emotional.”

He smirked. “Fat AND emotional? Jeez, I don’t know, Karen,” he teased.

She pinched his side, shaking her head at him.

“Where’s my little niece?” Michael asked quietly when he walked into the room.

“Kid’s just about down for the count,” Brendan said as he and Karen stepped aside to make room for Michael.

“The day was pretty busy, it’s no wonder she’s all worn out,” Michael said and reached out to take the little hand in his, squeezing it lightly. “G’night, little jealous girl.”

Caela murmured something sleepily and her fingers tightened around his for just a moment.

Michael chuckled and turned to glance at Maria. “She’s totally beat.”

“Lot of excitement for one day.” She smiled at him and shook her head. “And you didn’t make it any easier on her with all these other girls around.”

Right at that moment Antonia crawled around her bed, getting up and steadying herself on the rails. She looked at the adults in the room sleepily.

“What’re you doin’ up?” Michael asked as he moved over to her bed. “You should be sleepin’ too.”

She just glanced at him with big eyes, lifting her arms up to him.

“Well, alright, but you’d better hope we don’t get caught,” he whispered conspiratorially as he picked her up.

Maria shook her head in amusement. “Maybe you should consider givin’ up architecture and goin’ with nursery school teacher.”

He rolled his eyes at her. “You’re funny... maybe you should give up architecture and hit the comedy circuit.”

Antonia grabbed the dog tags hanging on his chest, and picked at them.

“Hey, we’re gonna go say goodnight to Tyler,” Brendan said. “Don’t leave without us.”

Michael nodded, glancing back at Antonia. “We definitely need to get you some of those too, huh?”

“Leave it to you and the whole family’s gonna be wearing them,” Maria said with a smile.

“Count yourself lucky that you got them as well then,” he teased.

“Oh, I know how lucky I am.”

Michael caressed Antonia’s head with his free hand. “I think it’s time to say night night, little girl.”

Antonia sighed but didn’t protest when he placed her back in her bed and pulled the covers up, tucking them in around her.

“Sleep well, little sis, we’ll see ya tomorrow,” he said quietly.

Maria leaned in the doorframe as she watched him move from the bed to the crib, checking on Caela once more and tucking Moo closer to her and straightening her blanket before backing away from the little girls. He was going to be such a great dad one day, she thought.

“You okay?” he asked when he turned around and saw the way she was looking at him.

“Better than okay,” she assured him. “Just getting a glimpse of our future.”

“Uh-huh, we’re gonna have boys,” he told her, convinced he was right.

“And you know this how?”

He shrugged. “Just because.”

“Very scientific,” she said with a grin. “It’ll be interesting to see how that works out for us.”

He closed the door behind them quietly. “Yeah, you’ll see.”

She chuckled. “Um-hmm, I’m sure I will.”

They met Kyle and Tess in the hallway as the other couple came out of Summer’s room. “How’s the little girl?” Michael wanted to know.

“Exhausted,” Kyle said with a grin. “Kid wanted to go to the party but she can hardly keep her eyes open.”

“I bet,” Maria said. “Same with the other little ones.”

“Are we about ready to head over to the party?” Tess asked.

“Yeah, just waiting for Bren and Karen.”

“So, why don’t we go downstairs and get everyone together so we can leave when they’re finished?” she suggested. She was ready to party!

“Yeah.” Maria glanced at her watch. “Never been to a New Years’ party so late.”

“Been to a lot of New Years’ parties?” Michael asked.

She frowned. “Well, once a year I guess, huh?”

“Smartass,” he muttered, rolling his eyes. “You said you’d never been to one so late... how many parties have you been to for New Years’?”

She shrugged and glanced at Tess. “Guess it’s safe to say we’ve partied together since we turned 16, right?”

“Yep, but never a beach party for the end of the year, so let’s get moving, people.”

“And how many New Year’s kisses you got?” Michael asked.

“None that mattered,” she answered with a wink.

“Hey, are you coming?” Brendan asked. They were already waiting downstairs for the other couples.

“Wait, I thought you said we were waitin’ on him?” Tess demanded.

Michael frowned. “I thought so...”

She rolled her eyes. “That’s what you get for thinkin’. Quit forcin’ your brain to operate like a normal human.”

The beach was full of activity as they made their way down to join the party and Michael grinned when Shane’s eyes nearly bugged out of his head when he saw the bikini-clad girls that dotted the beach. He slapped the teenager on the back and gave him a gentle shove to get him moving. “Let’s go, kid.”

“Hey, looks like the first band’s taking a break,” Brooke said as she elbowed her way to the front of the group. “Ooooh, they’ve got karaoke!”

Luke groaned, hoping she wouldn’t want him to get up onstage and make a big fool of himself in front of all these college students. Yeah, he’d do it if she asked, but he’d be perfectly happy if she didn’t.

Maria and Tess exchanged a look. “You thinking what I’m thinking?” Maria asked.

“Oh, hell yeah,” Tess yelled. “Parker, Whitman, Karen, get your asses out here, let’s go!”

“C’mon, Brooke, ya wanna join us?”

“Really? Hell yeah!”

Tony glanced up when the girls rushed the stage as the two people onstage finished and stepped down, relinquishing the microphones. He had gotten there a little bit early and managed to work his way into handling the music. “Hey, I know that look,” he said when Maria ran over to him.
“I’m not even gonna ask how you’ve managed to get into this position,” she said. “We’ve got a song in mind…”

His eyebrows lifted at their request and he started searching for the song. He nodded at her and she climbed up onstage with the other girls so they could huddle up at center-stage and determine their routine. “Alright, girls, I’m ready when you are.”

“Any idea what they’re up to?” Brendan asked as the guys all gathered around to watch the girls.

“Huh-uh,” Max answered.

“Who cares?” Kyle muttered as he joined them with an armful of beer and started passing the chilled bottles out. “Hot girls onstage… need I say more?”

“Whatever it is,” Michael said, “it’ll be worth it.” He recognized the music and he just knew the girls were up to something that was gonna get a rise out of their guys. He grinned at Maria when she and the girls gathered around the microphones and launched into the lyrics.

I know a place
Where the grass is really greener
Warm, wet and wild
There must be somethin’ in the water
Sippin’ gin and juice
Layin’ underneath the palm trees… undone
The boys
Break their necks
Tryin’ to creep a little sneak peek… at us

As the girls ran through the last line their hands wrapped around the panels of their shirts and pulled them apart, bras and bikini tops flashing brightly under the lights set up on the beach.

“WHOA!!!” the guys all shouted.

You could travel the world
But nothin’ comes close
To the Golden Coast
Once you party with us
You’ll be fallin’ in love

“They get together and do this stuff very often?” Jeff asked Amy, wondering how she felt as a parent of one of the girls.

“I have no idea,” she answered with a smile. “At least they’re covered and let’s be honest – they’re wearing more than some of the girls out here.”

He chuckled. “That’s true, I suppose.” He could see the happiness on his daughter’s face, the life and love shining in her eyes as her eyes remained locked on her boyfriend. He remembered what it was like to be young and so in love with that special person so he focused on the fact that while she was still his little girl, she was an adult and she was happy.

California girls
We’re unforgettable
Daisy Dukes
Bikinis on top
Sun-kissed skin
So hot
We’ll melt your Popsicle

Adam glanced at his wife. “’We’ll melt your Popsicle’?”

Nicole just laughed and shoved him. “Keep up with the times, old man,” she teased.

“Hey, Kyle, maybe we could just relax tonight and let the girls entertain the crowd, huh?”

“Hey, while hot girls onstage are cool there’re a lot of people here waitin’ to hear you guys,” Troy said as he joined them. “And besides, if your girls spend too much time up there flashin’ the crowd we’re lookin’ at one of two endings... either our girls are gonna join ‘em or our girls are gonna be smackin’ us around ‘cause we can’t stop lookin’ at ‘em.”

Michael glanced around. “Where’d ya leave Rita?”

“Oh, she’s over with Ed’s girl... I’m tellin’ ya, either they’re getting onstage or they’re plottin’ our demise.”

“Man, I want you to know Mandy gave me shit about not coming up with a tee shirt idea like Guerin,” Ed complained as he joined them as well. “Next time you’re gonna put on a show, ya let us know before!” He tapped his bottle against Michael’s and took a sip.

“Yeah, ‘cause you’ve got the balls to pull that one off,” Michael laughed, giving him a shove.

Brendan ordered two beers before he walked over to Alex and handed him one. “So, looks like our little sister’s got her first boyfriend, huh?” He gestured to Luke, who was standing a few feet away with some other friends he didn’t know.

“Looks like it,” Alex said, lifting the bottle in thanks.

“I guess we need to let go, huh? At least a little bit.”

“Yeah, much as I hate to admit it, the girls are right and if we continue holdin’ on so tight it’s just gonna make things worse. And I think Luke’s basically a good kid.”

“I sure as hell hope so.”

“Hey,” Karen said breathlessly as the girls came back from the stage. “How were we?”

“You were great.” Brendan grinned and pulled her into his arms. “I’m glad you’re getting along so well with everyone,” he said as he kissed her.

Alex shook his head at Isabel, amused. “Wanted to show Hector the world, huh?”

She smiled. “And give Daddy a little show... did ya like it?”

“Like it? I loved it, honey.” He kissed her cheek. “C’mon, let’s get you somethin’ to drink.”

Maria bounded up to Michael and jumped up into his arms, locking her legs around his waist as she kissed him. “Ya know, I get such a rush up there,” she said.

He chuckled. “Too bad we’re not alone right now.” He held her against him with one arm around her while he handed Troy his beer so he could use the other as well.

“Damn, Guerin, you’re makin’ us all look bad in the boyfriend department,” Ed grumbled when he glanced up and caught the meaningful look his own girlfriend was shooting in his direction.

“Ed’s right! And, ya know, it’s really strange since you were about as far away from a guy with boyfriend status at the beginning of the year.” Troy shook his head. “C’mon, let’s try to distract Mandy and Rita. Later, guys.”

“Ya know, you’re ruinin’ my rep as the campus badass,” Michael teased as he nipped her chin.

“Nah, you’re ruining it,” she said, smirking.

“Huh-uh,” he denied.

Max slapped him on the back. “Might as well give it up, Michael.”

“How much time before ya guys have to be onstage?” Liz asked, leaning against her boyfriend’s side and snatching the beer out of his hand to take a long sip.

Kyle glanced at his watch and shrugged as Tess wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him. “We’ve got a few minutes before we’re up.”

Maria sighed when Michael let her down his body again. “Probably not enough time to sneak away for a bit, huh?”

“Probably not,” he chuckled, his words muffled against her skin when he leaned down to kiss her shoulder.

“Where’ll we spend the night?”

“Where ya wanna spend the night?”

“Hmm, I don’t care as long as it’s with you and we have a room for ourselves.”

“Your place, my place... or we could take the sleepin’ bag and spend the night out at our lake.”

She smiled. “But that’d mean a drive in the middle of the night out there.” She took a sip of his beer. “So let’s take my place, we can leave the Charger in the parking lot and walk over there.” She glanced at Tess and Liz. “Hey, girlfriends, we’re takin’ the apartment tonight, ya gotta find another place to stay.”

“Take it,” Liz said as she glanced around the beach. “We’ve got a room at the Plaza for tonight.”

“The Plaza?” Tess asked, surprised. “Damn, girl!”

Liz just grinned. Max had surprised her with the reservations earlier that night. “Um-hmm... what about you guys?”

“Guess our place is all empty then, huh?” Kyle said. “Perfect.”

Tess smiled to herself. “Yeah, and it’s New Years’ so you’d better be creative tonight.”

Alex groaned. “Thank God we’ve got our own house, huh?” he asked Isabel.

“Our own house with a teenager and two dogs,” she said, laughing.

“Well, yes... that’s right.”

Brendan leaned in closer to Karen. “Rosie’s gonna stay at the beach house tonight with Caela, and Sean’s goin’ to the hotel with his mom, so we have my apartment all to ourselves as well.”

Karen smirked at his attempt at subtlety. “This’ll be the first time we’ve had the place to ourselves.”

“Yeah. Is it midnight yet?”

She smacked his arm and chuckled. “I know we have a LOT of time to make up for but be patient.”

“Hey, I’m gonna go get somethin’ to drink. Ya want anything?” Luke asked his, well, what was she? His girlfriend?

“No thanks, I think I’ll just see what the others are up to until ya get back, okay?”

He nodded and placed a quick kiss on her mouth, surprised at how right his own move felt and he hadn’t even thought about it before doing it.

She smiled and turned to search the crowd, trying to find some of the others.

“The boys already headed to the stage and the girls are with us up there,” Adam gestured to a point left of them.

Brooke turned to look at Adam when he suddenly appeared next to her. “What?” She glanced around, wishing Luke would hurry up.

“You looked like you were looking for the rest of the gang.”

“Oh, um...” she shrugged. “Yeah, I guess so.”

“So, your brother? Is he good onstage?”

Brooke bit her bottom lip and crossed her arms over her chest. “Yeah.” She knew she wasn’t giving the guy a break, but she had no idea what to say to him.

“Well, he definitely doesn’t get that from me. Nicole doesn’t even allow me to sing in the shower.” He chuckled. “You girls were pretty good too.”

She nodded. “Yeah, it was fun. Sometimes if they’re short a person Michael will let me sit in and I’ll do backup vocals. Alex, he plays the keyboard, but he’s never allowed to sing.”

“What about Brendan?”

“Brendan is musically and instrumentally challenged. He’s doin’ good if we let him get close to a stereo system.”

“Me and my family, Brooke, we don’t wanna take them away from you, you know that, right? It was a surprise for us as well, but now that I know about them I don’t wanna miss the chance to be their father anymore. But you’re a part of the family as well and we want to get to know you and Alex too.”

“I know that’s not your intention,” she said slowly. “To take them away, I mean.”

He nodded quietly as they both watched what was going on around them.

“They deserve to have parents... a family that’s not all fucked up.” She stared out at the ocean as she hugged herself tighter. “My father...” she choked on the word, “he’ll come back one day and he’ll just bring more pain and hurt with him.”

Adam straightened up, alarmed. “Oh, no, Brooke, hey...” he touched her shoulder to make her look at him. “Hank’s far away. And your brothers and I, we’ll do all that we can to make sure it stays that way. I know you’re scared of him, I was too for a very long time, but you can’t live your life with that fear.”

“Why? Why would you even care? I’m nothing to you... my father is the man that hurt you and ruined your life.”

“You’re the sister of my sons, don’t think that the fact that we aren’t naturally related makes me stop carin’ for you, Brooke. You’re a part of the growing Guerin/Smith family and I care about you as much as I care about the twins, or Alex, or their girlfriends and kids.”

“You don’t even know me.” Why would he or his family want anything to do with her? Her own father despised her, so how lovable could she really be?

“You’re right, I don’t know you. And I don’t know your brothers really well yet either, but I hope that’ll change over time.”

“God, you’re just not gonna give up, are you?” she muttered.

“Nope. I’m stubborn, ya know.”

“Well, then I guess I know who to blame for that trait in Michael and Brendan.”

“Hmm, is that good or bad?”

“Depends on the situation,” she said, unable to stop a small smile.

“They’re getting ready onstage, huh?” Adam said as he watched Michael entering it, followed by Kyle and some others he didn’t know.

“Yeah, they’ll probably do some of their regular numbers first... Kyle told me they’re gonna end their set with a new song.”

“Every song will be new to me, I guess.”

“Hope you don’t mind loud music,” she said, glancing at him.

“Hell no! Let’s get closer to the stage.”

Brooke’s eyebrows lifted in interest. “Really?”

“Yeah, sure, let’s go.”

“Well... okay.”

Maria, Tess, Liz, Karen, Brendan, Tony and Max suddenly came up from behind them. “Let’s party!” they screamed, walking in front of the stage.

“The band isn’t the only thing that’s loud,” Brooke said.

Adam chuckled. “I think you’re right,” he said when a group of girls screamed loudly as Michael played a few chords on the guitar to see if it sounded right.

Maria rolled her eyes. “Groupie alert,” she muttered to Tess.

“Ungh!”

Michael caught the disgusted look Maria shot in the direction of the screaming girls and he grinned. Some things would never change, he thought. He glanced over at the guy who had taken Courtney’s place in the band, nodding to let him know he was ready.

“Seems like ya gotta share him for a while,” Adam said, amused.

Maria shook her head. “S’okay as long as they understand they’re not allowed to touch.”

“Hey, Long Beach!” Michael shouted to greet the crowd.

Amy glanced around when the crowd on the beach got louder, shouting enthusiastically as Michael stepped up to the microphone. She wondered if music was just a hobby or if he had an interest in pursuing it in any capacity.

Michael grinned when the crowd reacted wildly at only those three words. “Alright, here we go,” he nodded at Kyle as they launched into the first song of the night.

Sean was leaning against one of the tables where the drinks and snacks were set up, watching the show and tapping his fingers along with the music. He glanced up when a couple stepped up and ordered their drinks before turning to walk away.

“Are you here alone?”

He turned his head when the guy left the girl to walk over to him. “Yeah,” he said slowly, “why?”

The guy grinned and held his hand out. “My name’s Ethan Davis.” He motioned to the girl when she paused to check on him. “My sister,” he explained with an eye roll. “I just transferred out here and she’s just a bit overprotective. Flew out here with me to help me get settled in.”

Sean tipped his head to one side as he shook the guy’s hand. “Sean Harrison.”

Ethan waved his sister away and shook his head fondly. “Older sister’s can be a serious pain in the ass. She means well, but let a guy live, ya know?”

Sean scratched his jaw and glanced around, confused. “So, you’re not here with anyone?” he asked.

“Huh-uh.”

“And you wanted to know if I was here alone?”

The other guy grinned crookedly and his blue eyes sparkled playfully. “Yeah,” he shrugged, “thought if you’re not with anyone maybe you’d let me buy you a beer.”

“Yeah, why not.” Sean put his empty bottle away. “But only if ya let me buy the one after this.”

“Sounds fair enough. Just so ya know, I don’t put out on the first date,” he said with a teasing grin.

“Ethan, you can’t just walk up to people you don’t know and say things like that!”

He turned around and looked at the woman who had spoken. “Sean, this’s my sister Janie... Janie, this’s Sean.”

“Hey,” Sean reached out to shake the girl’s hand.

She shook his hand and started apologizing, “I am so sorry... he’s just very open about things and he doesn’t always think before he speaks.”

“Nothing to be sorry about,” Sean said.

“Oh, so, you’re... I mean...”

“The word you’re lookin’ for is gay,” Ethan said in a stage whisper.

“I just don’t know how you can tell if people are gay or not, Ethan Daniel,” she said, flustered by his casual discussion of the subject.

He grinned unrepentantly. “She’s still getting used to the idea. And it’s not foolproof, Janie.” He glanced at Sean. “Even if you’re not I’d still like to buy you a beer.”

Sean grinned and leaned in closer to Janie. “I’m gay too,” he whispered in the same tone as Ethan had before.

Ethan laughed out loud at his sister’s expression. She was still getting used to the changes that his choices had made in his life and she was trying so he excused her behavior. “She’s fun to tease, huh?”

Sean laughed, like it was totally normal to be gay and admit it to everyone.

“You know much about the band onstage?” he asked as he motioned for the bartender to hand over another beer.

“Yeah, some of them are my friends.” Wow, he had never thought he would say that about Michael Guerin and Kyle Valenti!

“Really? They’re pretty good.” He waved his sister away again when he realized she was hovering. “Janie,” he said patiently, “go back to your boyfriend... I’m right here in plain sight, okay? I’m perfectly safe.”

“Alright, you two have fun.”

Sean smirked at Ethan when she left them alone. “You weren’t kiddin’ about her bein’ overprotective were you?”

“Hell no,” Ethan said. “My family’s been supportive, but they really have no idea what to do with me. They try though and I love ‘em for it. Five generations of ranchers... I thought they were gonna have a problem dealin’ with me wantin’ to go to college for electrical engineering instead of takin’ over the family ranch. I think it was actually easier to tell ‘em I was gay than it was to tell ‘em I wasn’t takin’ over the family business.” He laughed. “How about your family? They take it okay?” He fell silent when Sean looked away. “Ah, hell, man, I’m sorry... I do tend to be very open and sometimes I really don’t think before I speak.”

“My mom’s getting used to it and my friends are cool with it.”

Ethan nodded. “Yeah, friends are important too.” He smiled sadly. “Sometimes they can’t handle it though.”

“Guess you’ve had some experiences that weren’t so good?” Sean asked carefully.

“My best friend hasn’t talked to me since I told him I’m gay. He said some things that I never would’ve expected him to say...” He shrugged. “You live and you learn though, right?”

“Yeah. In my case it’s my father that acted pretty... well his behavior was expected, I guess. I haven’t talked to him since I told them.”

“That sucks. Your old man a hardass?”

“He’s just...” Sean shrugged, “I don’t know.”

Ethan nodded, understanding without further explanation. “So, ya wanna get a little closer to the stage an’ check the band out?”

“Sure, I can introduce you to some friends over there.”

“That’d be cool.”

Liz smiled when she saw Sean coming over with some other guy. She waved while the girls were all jumping up and down, singing along with the lyrics.

Max glanced down when he caught movement from the corner of his eye and he saw Liz waving. He turned and grinned when Sean joined them with a guy he’d never seen on campus.

“Hey, this’s Ethan,” Sean introduced him when everyone looked at them. “Ethan, this’s my best friend Liz and her boyfriend Max, Maria, Tess, Brooke, Tony and Adam.” He slapped Brendan on the back. “My other best friend and roommate Brendan and his fiancé Karen.” He nodded when he saw Ethan looking between Brendan and Michael. “Yeah, they’re twins.”

“So, you’re gay?” Brendan blurted out.

“Bren, take your foot out of your mouth and think about what you just said,” Karen chastised.

Ethan smiled as he shook hands with everyone. “Nah, s’all good, Karen,” he said with a deep laugh. “I tend to have that foot-in-mouth disease too.”

Brendan looked at Karen. “See, I did nothing wrong!”

Ethan glanced at Maria. “Oh, hey, you’re THE Maria right?”

“Well,” she said with a big grin, “I like to think so, but why would YOU think so?”

“Because I saw you on the big screen during the football game.”

“Oh, yes, that was me.” She pointed at Michael. “He’s the reason I was on the screen in the first place.”

The crowd cheered and screamed loudly when the song ended and Ethan smirked. “Seems like he’s also the cause for all this noise.”

“We do like to cause a stir wherever we go.” She shrugged when Tess just rolled her eyes. “So, are you new? I don’t recall seeing you around.”

“Yeah, I just transferred here.”

“Where’re ya from?” Max asked.

“Wyoming. My family owns a ranch up there near Cheyenne. I came here to study electrical engineering.”

“And you just met Sean?” Liz asked, interested. Hopefully she wasn’t being too obvious.

“Yep, just met him.” Ethan grinned as he looked between her and Sean. “You’re the ex, right?”

“How’d you know?” she asked, surprised.

Ethan shrugged. “You’re watchin’ me like you’re tryin’ to figure out what my intentions are.”

Sean chuckled. “She’s my ex, yes. We were engaged.”

“Engaged, wow.” He glanced between the two of them. “So, you guys are cool with things?”

“Yeah, we’re cool with everything now,” Liz assured him.

Ethan nodded. “Okay, that’s cool then.”

“Does he know?” Maria whispered to Sean while Ethan was still talking to Liz.

“Know what?”

“That you know... you like guys.”

“I kinda think that’s why he offered to buy me a drink,” Sean said, feeling more confident now that he had met the other guy and he had put him at ease. Apparently she had missed Brendan’s less than subtle question earlier. “Yeah, I think me likin’ guys is why he’s interested.”

“Oh, okay... just makin’ sure...”

“So... whaddaya think of him?” he asked quietly.

“He seems to be nice,” Maria smirked. “And he is cute.”

“Dresses well too,” Tess added in as her gaze raked over the new guy.

“Hey, hey...” Sean laughed, “are you checkin’ him out?”

Isabel tuned into the conversation. “Who’s Tess checking out?”

“Ethan,” Maria hissed.

Isabel lifted an eyebrow in interest when she saw the way the new guy was looking at Sean while talking to Max and Liz. “And who is Ethan?” she asked, grinning at Sean.

“Someone he just met and it seems like he’s gay as well,” Maria answered for him, excited.

“Sean, do you have a date?” Tess teased him.

He rolled his eyes. “I knew it was a big mistake to introduce him.”

“Oh, Sean, you know you can’t hide somethin’ like that from us.” She reached out and patted him on the back. “You’ve done well for your first foray into gay dating... he’s hot!”

“So, we’re datin’ now?” Ethan asked, amused by the conversation he had overheard.

Tess tipped her head to one side as she studied him. “Depends on your intentions,” she stated in her usual no-nonsense way. “You might be hot, but if you’re the kinda guy who’s just lookin’ for a good time an’ plannin’ to move on to the next guy, you’d better leave Sean alone.”

“He is not that type,” his sister insisted as she suddenly appeared next to them.

He grinned and hooked his arm around his sister’s shoulders. “They’re just lookin’ out for Sean the way you look out for me, Janie.” He raised his beer bottle in Tess’ direction. “Your warnin’ is duly noted and you can rest assured I’m not the one-night stand type.”

Everyone turned to the stage again when the song ended. Michael crouched down to take a sip of his beer that was sitting on the edge of the stage while Kyle talked to the crowed. “Alright, guys, it’s time for us to get back to the party...”

The crowed made a sound of disagreement.

Michael glanced back at Kyle, waiting to see if he wanted to introduce their last song of the night to close out the set so they could hit the beach with their girls. Midnight was fast approaching and they had both agreed that they wouldn’t be onstage performing while their girls were alone at the stroke of midnight.

Kyle chuckled when the people on the beach protested. “We’ve got one last song left though. It’s a new one and of course, it’s written by our genius mind over there,” he pointed at Michael.

Maria laughed when her boyfriend turned and glared at Kyle.

“Do you know the song?” Brooke asked as her and Luke came to join the others for the last song.

She started to shake her head but as the music began she realized it sounded familiar and after several moments of listening she remembered Michael getting out of the shower at the hotel in Lake Tahoe, humming and talking under his breath as he stalked around the room dripping wet and looking for something to write on. “I haven’t heard it, but I know when the idea for it hit him.”

Tess groaned. “Then I know what it’ll be about.”

Maria stuck her tongue out at her best friend. “Whatever.”

Well come on!!

It’s freaking me out, that I didn’t see
That you’re so damn hot girl, It’s just crazy
And without a doubt I still can’t believe
That you were right there in front of me
Never saw the chemistry that was there with you and me
It’s been a long time coming

Michael had written the song in a matter of minutes and he couldn’t forget a single word of it. He closed his eyes as he sang the first lines of the song, remembering the night in the hotel together with Maria. Every second of it had been perfect and it reminded him of how much his life had turned into something better lately.

“Guess we know who he was thinking of when he wrote that one,” Isabel teased, happy for her friend.

“What’d ya do with Guerin?” Tony asked his cousin when he joined the group.

“Just loved him,” Maria said, smiling at Michael.

Just waiting on an angel to take me out of my hell
I’m falling for you
Just dropping out of thin air
You came out of nowhere right out of the blue
When heaven sent you

Night after night, when I didn’t sleep
But that was before you lay beside me
When all of my demons were dancing with me
I’m glad you came down ‘cause I was in too deep

Michael felt weird putting it all out there, but he also knew that only Maria and his family would know the real meaning behind his words.

Watching him as he exposed old fears and hurts disguised as music lyrics brought tears to Maria’s eyes. They had come so far since their rocky beginning, but the progress he had made as he fought his past and made an effort to move forward made her so proud of him.

Adam saw the tears in Maria’s eyes and put an arm around her, smiling at her encouragingly.

“I know you didn’t know him four months ago, but back then...” she shook her head. “He was a different person.”

“I wonder every day if I tried hard enough to fight Hank.”

“What more could you have done in that situation?” she countered. “I don’t have a single doubt that if you had known about them you wouldn’t have let Hank stop you.”

When heaven sent you

The song ended with the final line echoing into the night and Maria’s and Michael’s eyes locked.

Adam smiled as he watched them. Their connection was so obvious there was no way anyone looking would have missed it; the intensity, the love, the way that in that moment no one existed except the two of them.

The crowd started to scream and cheer when the song ended and it brought Maria back to reality. “God, I love him,” she told Adam with a smile.

“He loves you too. Don’t ever doubt that, not even if ever he does somethin’ that makes you think he doesn’t. The kind of love the two of you have, it’s somethin’ that’ll only get stronger over time.”

“Alright,” Michael said into the microphone. “Ten minutes to midnight. Enjoy the party! And we’ll see you next year.”

Maria was smiling as she walked up to him, stepping into his arms and holding him close as she kissed him. “Love the new song,” she murmured against his lips.

“And I love you, baby,” he held her tight against him.

“New song rocks, Guerin,” Troy yelled as he and Ed passed by on their way back from getting more drinks.

He nodded and turned to look to Maria again. “Hey, think we can get little bit away from the party, maybe a little further down the beach?”

She snorted. “Of course, let’s go.”

He took her smaller hand in his and led the way away from the crowded beach to a quieter place.

“It’s been a good night, don’t you think?” Maria asked as the lights from the party dimmed the further they walked.

“Yeah, definitely better than any other New Years’ Eve I can remember.”

“How’re you doin’ with your family here?” She knew it had to be overwhelming for him to go from someone so detached from everyone in his life to suddenly being swamped with so many people who cared about him.

“I’ve gotten used to the thought a lot quicker than I expected.”

She nodded and smiled as she looked around. “Four months ago I never would’ve guessed that we’d be here right now.”

He snorted. “I would’ve bet a million dollars that I’d already be too drunk to think right now.”

“That would’ve made your performance interesting,” she teased.

He stopped and pulled her in his arms again. “You’ve made my life so much better, Maria,” he whispered, burying his face against her neck.

“I think it’s safe to say we’ve done that for each other.” She hugged him tightly, shivering when his breath ghosted against her flesh.

He lifted his head to look at her. “You’ve done so much more for me, I know that.” His hand came up to cradle her cheek. “Thanks.”

Tears shimmered in her eyes as she met his sincere gaze. “You’re welcome.”

“There they are,” someone said.

Michael turned around, chuckling when he saw a small crowd of people walking towards them. “Seems like we didn’t go far enough.”

“I think you’d better get used to that,” she said, smiling when she realized it was just their friends and family.

He kissed a single tear away that was running down her cheek before the others were close enough to see it.

“It’s almost midnight,” she whispered, touched by his gentle gesture.

“Guess we won’t get a chance to go into the New Year all alone and naked,” he teased, rubbing her back gently.

“Maybe next year?”

“Definitely,” he promised.

She grinned. “I’m likin’ next New Years’ Eve already.”

“You have no idea how much I love you,” he said in a hushed voice just before Kyle and Tess approached them.

“Hey, Guerin, what’re you doin’ sneakin’ away right before midnight?” Kyle asked.

“Oh, I don’t know, maybe we wanted to be alone?” Michael said, shaking his head.

“At midnight on New Years’ Eve?” Kyle shook his head. “No, no, no, Guerin, you know better than that.”

“Yeah, we need to be together,” Tess said, running to Maria and hugging her.

“What time is it?” Maria asked as she returned the exuberant hug.

“Two minutes left,” Liz said as she and Max joined them. She dropped his hand and walked over to the girls, squeezing herself in the middle.

“So, are we gonna get to kiss our girls at midnight?” Kyle wondered aloud. “’Cause at this rate, the girls are all gonna be sharin’ a group hug and I’m really not interested in kissin’ any of you guys.”

“No?” Alex asked, feigning disappointment when he and Isabel reached the others.

“Yeah, sorry, you’re sooo not my type though.”

“C’mon over, Mama,” Maria waved Isabel over.

Michael looked around at the guys. “You’re not wantin’ to do some kinda group hug thing, right?”

“Ah, c’mon, bro,” Brendan said as he came up from behind and hugged his brother.

“Ungh, Bren!” he grumbled and shook him off. “Stop that.”

“Get over here with the girls, Karen,” Tess said when the girl seemed unsure.

Karen smiled when they included her and she left Brendan’s side to join them.

“What time is it?” Maria asked.

“Just under a minute to go,” Michael answered.

“Where’re all the others?” Maria asked.

“They wanted to watch the fire show on the stage; said they’d come out here after it was over,” Brendan said.

Max checked his watch. “30 seconds to go.”

The girls took their hands, glancing at each other. “I love you, girlfriends,” Maria told them.

Michael glanced at Max sharply when he opened his mouth. “If you start tellin’ me how much you love me I’m gonna fuckin’ knock your lights out.”

“I was just about to say the same,” Max said, shoving Michael’s shoulder.

“Do I look like the kinda guy that’s gonna make that declaration to another guy?”

They could hear the crowd from the party get louder as someone on the stage started shouting the countdown into the microphone.

“10…!”

Karen looked around at the group of people surrounding her, still amazed that they had accepted her and Caela, welcoming them into their little family without a second thought. She and Brendan had come so far so fast and she knew that their acceptance had helped that along. She looked at Brendan, vowing to herself to do whatever was necessary to make their relationship and their family work.

“9...!”

Brendan caught his girlfriend’s gaze and smiled at her. It seemed like so long since they had spent time apart, yet it was just a few days since they had found their way back together. He had become a father with no more time than it took to wink and yet he couldn’t imagine a life without his little girl anymore.

His gaze shifted to Michael. How had it happened that they were so far apart from each other? He couldn’t tell anymore how it had happened in any detail. But it wasn’t their faults and they had managed to get to know each other again and they were stronger for it.

“8...!”

Alex could hear the voices in the background, shouting out loud, vaguely aware of the numbers as they counted down as he looked around at the people, the family surrounding him. He had been determined to pull his family together, to salvage what was left of the wreckage his parents had left them in, but he had never imagined an outcome like this. His brothers were closer than ever, his sister... he glanced around and spotted her and Luke with a group of teenagers. She was recovering and dealing with the changes that seemed to have happened all at once. He was going to be a father to his own baby boy – and unless he was proven wrong when the baby was born he was going to believe that it was a boy.

His gaze settled on his fiancé and he smiled when he saw the happiness on her face. He was going to be a husband one day, a husband to a woman who loved him and his family. An amazing woman who had accepted the rowdy bunch of them without blinking an eye, taken them under her wing, loving them and caring for them simply because that was who she was. He knew no matter where this crazy ride took him he would succeed because he had her in his life.

“7...!”

Isabel took in a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air on the ocean. Only a few months ago she had arrived in Long Beach with the girls at the end of summer; alone, heartbroken and determined to stay single for a while and enjoy her life without any men who would hurt her.

Yet here she was, engaged to a man who couldn’t be any better for her, and pregnant with his child. Next year, she thought, we’re gonna celebrate New Years’ with another little family member – with their little boy if she could believe Alex. She wasn’t scared anymore. Their child would be born into a loving family with lots of aunts and uncles who cared about him... or her.

“6...!”

The sound of the ocean waves as they rolled up on the beach momentarily overrode the noise from the crowd behind them. Max let his mind wander over the past few months as he watched Liz with the other girls. He had been fairly content with his life at the beginning of the school year, but he had known that something was missing. He hadn’t known what that was until he had walked off the stage in that karaoke bar and Liz Parker had entered his life.

He had grown up in a family that was openly affectionate and he had watched his parents over the years, knowing that someday he wanted something like what they had together. He hadn’t expected to find it at his age, but the moment he had laid eyes on Liz he had known that she was the one. It was probably sappy and overly-sentimental, but it was true.

He knew in his heart that one day down the road their relationship would go a step further and their commitment to each other would become a marriage. He didn’t know anything else, but he was as sure of that as he was that the sun would rise the next morning. He would marry her, have children with her, grow old with her, and he would love her past his last breath.

“5...!”

Liz shook her head, amused at the situation there were in right now. Here she was, standing on the beach with her best friends from high school. Only a few months earlier she had been a shy, inexperienced girl who had never had sex before and who was engaged to a man that turned out to be gay. How crazy was that?

God, how much the situation had changed in the last month! Her gaze wandered to the man she loved. Max Evans had turned her life upside down, made her feel things she had never thought could exist. She finally knew how she was supposed to feel with the right man at her side. In a sexual and in a romantic way.

Suddenly the question was no longer why everyone thought about sex so often, it was more like, how the hell could she have lived so long without the passion she felt with Max? He was worth everything she had been through in the last month. The fight with her parents, the break up with Sean... She knew with him at her side her life would always be special.

“4...!”

Tess felt the rush of excitement building as each number was shouted out and then whisked away into the night. Long Beach had been intended as just another stepping stone on her path to the future and instead it had led her to something much more significant. She had her best friends with her; she was sure that most people would see their interactions and assume that she took those relationships for granted, but nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, she had her moments where she could be selfish and self-centered, but who didn’t? In spite of that she had never forgotten the girls who were there for her through thick and thin, who supported her through all the craziness in life, or who would never let her down.

Her eyes moved from the girls to Kyle, the man who had changed her view of what a relationship could mean. Before he had come into her life she had avoided relationships, certain they were nothing more than a trap that she’d had no intention of falling into. She had watched her parents’ marriage fall apart, seen her friends be disappointed and hurt by relationships and she’d had no desire to let that happen to her. But Kyle had proved to be different and while they hadn’t discussed their futures in a long-term way like Alex and Isabel she had a feeling that’s where they were going and for the first time in her life she knew she was with someone she trusted to take that journey with and see it through.

“3...!”

Kyle turned to look at his best friend since they had been in high school. Michael was the reason he had chosen to attend California in the first place and he should probably thank him for that ‘cause he couldn’t imagine that his life would’ve turned out as great as it was right now at a different college.

He shook his head, amused at the image of Michael in the tee shirt earlier that evening. There was no way he would’ve done that a few months ago. There had been a time when it had been hard to be his best friend but thank God that was over and he could concentrate on the fun things in life... Tess. She was the craziest girl he had ever met, no doubt. But he loved her way of saying things out loud before thinking. She was the girl who had made him believe that a relationship could work if they both wanted it. Hell, all of the girls over there had managed to put him as well as Guerin and Evans on a leash. The weird thing was that it didn’t bother him the slightest bit.

“2...!”

Maria shivered when she felt the weight of Michael’s gaze on her and she turned to look at him. He was watching her intently and she wondered what he was thinking at that moment. For a moment she was held immobile by her thoughts, by flashes of memory of him and the rocky path they had taken to get to this point. No, their relationship hadn’t started out as some stupid fairy tale. But in spite of the pain they had suffered, individually and together, they had survived it and she knew their relationship had been put through the fire and forged into something unbreakable.

Just minutes ago he had thanked her for making him better. The truth was they had made each other better, but she doubted she would ever be able to convince him that it was something that went both ways. Stubborn man, she thought with an affectionate smile. She knew the action would confuse him for a moment because he would be wondering what she was smiling for.
Only four months had passed and in some ways it felt like so much longer. When they had met neither of them had been in a good place in their lives, though admittedly her outlook had been much brighter than his. They had both changed for the better and while at times they could bring out the worst in each other, they also brought out the best. They were still learning, but they knew now that they had to be willing to open themselves up and risk it all if they were going to make it work.

And they would make it work. She was more certain of that just about anything. They loved each other in a way that she had never believed existed, believing that it was nothing more that the crap people wrote about or sang about because their lives sucked so they had invented an impossible goal that lovers would never achieve. She knew different now and she knew that whatever the future threw at the two of them they could handle it because they had each other. She had no doubt that he was it, he was the only man she would ever love with such depth and devotion. No, they didn’t know what the future held, what obstacles life would throw at them, but as long as they held onto each other and fought like hell to stay together she knew they could make it.

“1...!”

Michael’s head went dizzy as Maria flashed a smile at him. She seemed to be lost in her thoughts and he had no clue what she was thinking right now, but he was pretty sure that her thoughts included him.

Did he really deserve someone like her?

If he had asked himself that question a few months ago, he would’ve definitely said no in response to it. She was everything that had been lacking in his life. Right from the first time he had seen her he knew this woman was the most beautiful thing he had even seen. The way she smiled, the way she looked when she was pissed... He knew he would never be able to forget any small detail about her.

He had been such an asshole a few months ago. To her, to his brothers, and also to his best friends. It seemed like a miracle that they were still at his side now after all he had said or done to them. He knew that Hank was the reason for a lot of the things he had done in his life, but he also knew that he was responsible for his own actions, not Hank or his mother or anyone else.

So did he deserve her?

Probably not for who he had been, but he was trying hard to be a better person. A person who was worth the great family he had gotten and a person who was worthy of being loved by Maria DeLuca.

Here and right now he made the promise to himself that he would never change back into the guy he had been at the beginning of this year. Right now he swore to himself that he would do everything possible to make Maria and the family he was sure they would eventually have, happy. In this moment he knew his life had changed into something better, he had changed into something better... and Maria DeLuca was responsible for it.

The moment the clock struck midnight the fireworks started to explode in the air and all of the people at the beach party started to scream “HAPPY NEW YEAR” into the clear night, unaware of the 10 people on the beach who were looking at each other, silently smiling and knowing deep in their hearts that nothing could destroy the strong bond between them.

THE END

Link to our new vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kzg7MIFya4
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) - COMPLETE - 7/18/10

Post by Earth2Mama »

I can't believe its over :cry:

Say! I've got an idea ... Instead of a long drawn out sequel ... How about a long epilogue? Or a series of epilogues? Covering only the major milestones in their lives and such questions as:

What happened to Hank? Did he finally get his?
What about Maureen? Did she eventually build a relationship with the kids? Is she happy at last now?
Did Alex and Isabel have a boy ... or a girl?

There's plenty more unanswered questions ... So there's so many possibilities for the epilogue series - if that is what you decide on :wink:

Great story! So happy to have found it when I did and catch up on it. Ladies ... Fantastic! Simply marvelous work :mrgreen:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Cardinal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cardinal »

Wonderful!

Such a long roller coaster ride of emotions you two put us through. I have no idea what I'm going to do now without twice-weekly updates to look forward to.

And as for epilogues, I have a friend who wrote a 33 chapter fic that ended up with 44 chapters of epilogues. :mrgreen: Feel free to follow her example. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"In the Name of the King"
-----Winner, Round 15 - Favorite Lead Portrayal of Liz Parker
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best Use of a Supporting Character (Jeff Parker)
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best New Fic
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best Period Fanfiction
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by mary mary »

:( :( :( :(

Well, we all know that all good things must come to an end and so be it, but...that doesn't make it any easier. So, good bye to a wonderful story and thank you for completing it!!!

Seriously, it was beautiful and I am looking forward "Tic Tac". I can't imagine what it will be about but it sounds like fun.

Thank you,

Ginger

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Today I read the remaining parts and even if I'm sad that the story is finished
I enjoyed their plans for the future!
Thanks a lot and waiting for your new story! EVE :wink: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

God, what an ending! I totally loved it! After a fic of one year and seven months it all ended as it should have been! Thanks for sharing this great fic with us!

- Eva -
Take a look at Eva's world
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

great story......thanks so much for posting.
I loved the ending.....especially when Max and Liz felt they could handle anything when they were together.
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

Wow! It's over? :( That's so sad. I loved this story!!! :D It was so enjoyable to read and look forward to each week. I'll be missing it lots that's for sure. I knew it was going to end soon. But still. I really like the way you ended it. It was so full of hope. They all have come so far. What a journey it has been. I'm so glad that despite everything they went through it all worked out for the better.

I'm so happy for Michael and everything he has gained over the past few months. It was hard seeing him go through his rough patches but it's great to see him be the man he is now and it's all because of all the things he has experienced and learned.

Yay, for Sean and finding someone!

I love that new song Michael did for Maria. It was so sweet!

I'm glad Brooke and Adam came to an understanding.

That was pretty funny the girls up there on stage and the guys watching. Especially with Jeff and Amy getting more than they bargained for. :lol: The poor dears.

Any chance of sequel? :lol: I know, probably not. You both did give us lots to imagine about what might be in store for them in the future though. I'm so glad you both decided to write this and share it with us. Without it, we wouldn't had all the great stories you both are responsible for putting out there to read. So thank you!!

The new story Tic Tac looks awesome!! Definitely another epic journey. I can't wait to start that wild ride with you two.

Terrific story!!! Thanks again for sharing!