How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: How was your day/week/weekend?

Post by valentinebaby »

That's awesome Carrie. It's good that you could make what would've been a horrible day for her into something great. I'm sure she loves you for it.

Soooo I found out today that my UNDERAGE sister-in-law, who is like a daughter to me since I did raise her for 5 years of her life, is engaged! And it's not like the thing I did with my boyfriend when I was sixteen where we privately said we were engaged but didn't announce it publically because we knew our parents wouldn't agree with it type thing but like engaged, announce it to the world, plan the wedding engaged!!!!!

Okay taking a deep breath here, I know she's 17, she's young and she has the right to live her life the way she wants to, as long as she's not breaking the law and make her own mistakes...but this is just setting off all kinds of warning bells for me. If she was still living with me...well regardless because I'm going to do it anyways...I'd be sitting down with her and having an extremly loooonggggggg talk on why engagements at 17 years old are a bad idea, and actual weddings at 18 are even worse idea.

I want to kill her old sister right now, it's bad enough she took away my baby, but now my baby thinks she's getting married...MARRIED!!! I need a shot gun...
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

valentinebaby wrote:That's awesome Carrie. It's good that you could make what would've been a horrible day for her into something great. I'm sure she loves you for it.
Thank you valentinebaby :) Believe me she deserved it...

valentinebaby wrote:Soooo I found out today that my UNDERAGE sister-in-law, who is like a daughter to me since I did raise her for 5 years of her life, is engaged! And it's not like the thing I did with my boyfriend when I was sixteen where we privately said we were engaged but didn't announce it publically because we knew our parents wouldn't agree with it type thing but like engaged, announce it to the world, plan the wedding engaged!!!!!

:shock:
Omg I am so sorry to hear that!
It must be a nightmare to have to sit back and watch someone you love and sounds like raised make a huge mistake that will affect the rest of her life. :(

I personally think it should be a law that you can't marry until after your twenty seven, (at least!) :roll:
I know I'm being ridiculous but its when your in your twenties that you really grow and discover who your are, what you kind of person your going to be, what you like dislike... and definitely who you want to be with for the rest of your life...

I'm sorry but at 17 you are still a child, no matter what your body fuctions like or looks like.

LIfe experience is what defines you as a person, sure there are exceptions to everything but would you really want to take that risk that you are not one of those exceptions.

I so feel for you!
valentinebaby wrote:If she was still living with me...well regardless because I'm going to do it anyways...I'd be sitting down with her and having an extremly loooonggggggg talk on why engagements at 17 years old are a bad idea, and actual weddings at 18 are even worse idea.
IF you do end up talking to her (its just my opinion but I would tread carefully, she may rebel and run faster into his little boy arms)

Good luck with this, I really feel for you
I really hope that someone or something opens her eyes before its too late
love can be amazing but it can also make us complete idiots :roll:

I really hope it all works out!

Carrie :)

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I talked to her a little today...not really much except that the rest of her family approves of all this. It's taking everything I have in me not to go flash the guardianship papers and take her home. The only reason I let her live with her sister in the first place was because I thought they could handle her better and she'd be happier there...but this...someone needs to be sitting down with her and explaining the worst case scenario.

This is a little girl who spent the majority of her life neglected, she's desperate to be loved and liked and in my experience will do anything to get it, which means she's going to be all the more crushed if it doesn't work out. I'm not saying they should stop her from seeing him because God knows it'll just make things worse, but she needs someone not to just brush it off with a okay we like him and it'll blow over...I'm so freaking mad right now that her sister would just sit back and not even try to talk her out of it.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Found out I'm going to get to meet a Roswell supporting cast member in September :mrgreen:

I'm going to DragonCon in Sept and Julie Benz aka Kathleen Topolsky will be there.This is the first time I've been there when someone from the Roswell show will also be there.I of course also know her from the tv shows Angel and Buffy.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:Found out I'm going to get to meet a Roswell supporting cast member in September :mrgreen:

I'm going to DragonCon in Sept and Julie Benz aka Kathleen Topolsky will be there.This is the first time I've been there when someone from the Roswell show will also be there.I of course also know her from the tv shows Angel and Buffy.
You suck! Well unless you'll let me go too!

No in all seriousness that's really awesome. You'll have to tell us what she's like.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Went and saw Thor....it was good! But forget Natlie Portman...Ms Run around scream and hide :roll: I want to know who the warrior chick was who was Thor's friend....ohhh lord she was hot running around there with those swords and whoooooping people's asses :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

The rapture is upon us!!!

Most of you have probably heard about the wack job who predicted that May 21st would be the rapture. His prediction? When each part of the world hit 6pm the earthquakes would start until it made it around the globe taking all of God's chosen into heaven. He spent millions of dollars posting flyers and funding road trips to warn the world about his prediction, has taken millions of money in donations for advertisements. Oh and did I mention has already failed in predicting the end of the world in 1994.

Well this was all suppose to start in New Zealand. Well, it is now passed 6pm in New Zealand and they are still there, earthquake free. I suppose he still has some time before he's once again labeled as a false profit, but so far it looks like there will be no post rapture looting tomorrow. Damn, I wanted a new TV.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I got to see a tv show being filmed today!!! :mrgreen:

They are filming a tv show in the town where I grew up and on the land of some people I know.I got the okay to go watch some of the filming as long as I keep my mouth shut on what I saw. I actually was told that if I tell anyone and let the cat out of the bag on ep's and story lines I could be sued....that was so cool :mrgreen: I've never known anything anyone would sue me over!!

But it was cool! I got to see the actors(no no one famous yet), guys holding the camera's the boom mics and the sound stuff! They even had all kinds of food brought in for actors,crews and us watching!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

OMG!!! Soooo cute. I hate walmart but those are some awesome commercials.