New Years Revelations (CC, I, ADULT) [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

New Years Revelations (CC, I, ADULT) [WIP]

Post by Mt Gazer »

Disclaimer: I in no way own the rights to Roswell or anything related to it. All rights belong to Jason Katims, 20th Century Fox, Regency Entertainment, Melinda Metz, WB and UPN. No infringement is intended. I am borrowing their awesome characters.

Perhaps in this part and in parts to come I am or will be borrowing some scenes, and I will borrow direct dialog and use altered dialog at times. This is how my stories play.

Title: New Years Revelation
Author: Mt Gazer/Velvet Skye
Category: CC/ AU
Coupling/ Character: Isabel. I/A and I/J
Rating: ADULT (right at the start)
Spoilers: Heart of Mine/ Tale of Two Parties

My muse took a dramatic detour and it gave me this. A NEW STORY.

This will be short, I don’t know how many parts but its short. It is not, nor will it become, the behemoth that is my other story.

As usual I tell Isabel’s story. This is another one entirely.

summary: Isabel finds herself in pain one day. This is the story that unfolds from that day, and the things she learns along the way.

New Years Revelation

Prologue

Isabel licked her lips and stared at him. “Alex. I’m going to do something I said I wasn’t.”

“Don’t.” he answered as she leaned in and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

He pulled back. “I asked you not to do that.” He whispered in her ear, “Not unless you really mean it.” But he leaned in eagerly awaiting more of that kiss from the beautiful girl in his arms.

The kiss was meaningful and deep and stirring. Isabel couldn’t believe what a fool she’d been by chasing him away all those times. But that was the past, this was a new day. This time she would do it right and it all started with tonight. Right now, right here on the gym floor in front of God and all of West Roswell High. And she no longer cared.

She was scared of herself and how she’d respond to him if he made any advances, for she was kissing him and holding her composure, but her resolve was slipping. This was real. This was passionate. This was sexy.

She pressed into his chest, pushing herself against him, as she wrapped her arms around his back, inside of his tux, resting her head on his shoulder.

Safe. Home. Finally. It taken her way too long to realize that this was what was meant to be. Not Michael. Definitely not Grant. Just Alex.

They got lost in the kiss again. It’s meaning changing as the night wore on, her body pulsed with desire and need as the kiss became more powerful and frenzied. Driven by hunger for the other person.

They escaped the dance and made their way to the Eraser Room, never checking the occupants, just evicting them, as they commandeered the room for their own personal pleasure.

Barriers collapsing. Bonds cementing. And all of the blessed clichés were theirs for the making.... they devoured each others hungry mouth as they took their little make-out to a higher level.

His hand wandered under the slit in her elegant, satin, red dress, and of its own accord into her panties. Oh he was making advances now. Alex stroked her tender flesh and she trembled at just the contact. This was not going to last long...

“Oh God,” she hissed into his mouth, as his finger slipped easily inside her and started its own passionate dance.

Where had he learned how to do this? Sweden? He had never touched her like this before, but that meant little in this moment for his hand expertly played her like a fine tuned instrument and readied her for the crescendo.

As he took his time, she felt all her walls come tumbling down. She grabbed his engaged hand and pressed it against her core, rocking it. “Don’t stop.” she growled.

That experience morphed into another, in the backseat of his car. “We are not going to have sex in the backseat of my car. That is NOT where I wish to lose my virginity.” Alex laughed. “Of all the clichés.”

“If you don’t take me somewhere else, that is exactly what is going to happen.” he laughed throatily. The scene morphed into yet another...

“Where are your parents?” He breathed huskily into her ear at the entrance to her door, as she fumbled for the keys.

“They went out for the night. Believe it or not they trust you.” She giggled uncharacteristically.

“Ah, but my lady, I can be trusted. Trusted to treat you like a beautiful flower in bloom. Is it my fault I wish to caress the petals?” Isabel giggled and rolled her eyes, as she pulled him through the open doorway, and tossed his tux jacket onto the living room floor.

Kissing at the door to her room, he pulled her close, to peer into her soul and to lose any pretense that might still lurk behind those chocolate eyes. “Tell me this is real? Tell me this is what you want.”

“Uh-Huh. This is real Alex.” Her hand was unfastening the belt around his waist and pulling his white dress shirt from his pants. “I want you.”

“Because if this is true, I will bed you tonight Isabel.” The lustful way he was watching her was making her swoon. “I will claim you and make you mine forever.” He kissed her lips and then whispered hoarsely into her ear sending a chill down her spine. “I will deflower you.” Gone was the corny gallantry, in its place was a man who knew his mind. His hands slipped behind her sliding the zipper down as his fingertips traced the path. She started to sway, as the Ice Princess melted into a puddle.

She nervously giggled again while she deeply blushed. She started to undress him, opening his buttons, starting at his neck, as she kissed the exposed skin she was revealing.

He lifted her into his arms, carrying her. “My lady. With this act I declare my intentions.”

“You declare your intentions?” She giggled. “Who talks like that? Seriously? Her eyes mirrored the desire shining in his. “I do hope they are honorable intentions Sir Whitman?” She teased.

“I will make you my wife Isabel Evans.”

“And when will this occur?” she demurely looked down in blush as she bit her lip.

“ I will make you the mother to my children.”

“Oh we’re talking kids now are we?” she whispered, “I love you.”

“You will be my lover and my friend.” He carried her in and threw her onto her bed.

They consummated the relationship, giving their virginity to each other on Prom night. Plans had been made, new promises spoken.

He was stroking the silky soft skin of her stomach as he embellished kisses upon the glistening canvas of the afterglow. Tears shining in his bright eyes.

Isabel woke to a dull pain cramping her lower back. She looked dazedly around the apartment, wondering where her room was, where Alex was.

She heard a high pitched annoying sound and realized the VCR was playing Rudolph’s Shiny New Year on repeat loop. But she could hear the working of the gears in the machine. All the little clicks and whines and whirs.

She smelled an overwhelming amount of male cologne. The smell made her sick to her stomach as each individual component could be clearly detected and they didn’t blend well together at all. Her stomach felt crampy, she raced to the bathroom and threw up, the first time in her life that she could recollect.

She looked into the mirror and realized that her golden tresses were missing, in their place was a brunette short styled cut. Alex stood behind her, “I am so sorry Isabel. I never meant for this to happen.” A severe pain gripped her lower back, forcing her to cling to the ledge for the minute of its duration. When it had subsided, she turned to look for Alex and he was gone.

Her pants felt a little moist. She reached down to check the source and found bright red, watery, blood on her hand. Her period was not yet due. Something was dreadfully wrong with her. She needed Max. Now!

TBC....
Last edited by Mt Gazer on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 25 times in total.
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
"Too beautiful for earth."
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, A/I-I/J, ADULT) Ch1, pg1, 12-2

Post by Mt Gazer »

PML/Peter Thanks for all the help, and It looks like Max is the only one who could help her right now.

Tharos Interesting indeed. What is next?

Keepsmiling/Carolyn What does my muse intend on? I am so glad you joined us for the next ride.

mary-mary/Ginger Short brunette hair, Check. Miscarriage? Hmmm. My muse is determined to work on this right now, so we shall see together where “it” intends on taking me I guess.

Disclaimer: I in no way own the rights to Roswell or anything related to it. All rights belong to Jason Katims, 20th Century Fox, Regency Entertainment, Melinda Metz, WB and UPN. No infringement is intended. I am borrowing their awesome characters.

Perhaps in this part and in parts to come I am or will be borrowing some scenes, and I will borrow direct dialog and use altered dialog at times. This is how my stories play.

This will be short, I don’t know how many parts but its short. It is not, nor will it become, the behemoth that is my other story.

summary: Isabel finds herself in pain one day. This is the story that unfolds from that day, and the things she learns along the way.

New Years Revelation

Chapter One

She made her way into her bedroom and found a silky but mostly comfortable gown. The bust felt quite a bit tighter than she remembered, and she had to wriggle into it. But she needed something loose to keep off her nauseated stomach and everything else seemed off at this moment, so why wouldn’t her clothes? She changed and made her way back into the living room where Kyle was perched against the armrest of the couch sound asleep.

It was Kyle’s cologne that he was wearing to attract the girls at the New Years Eve parties that was making her sick. It hadn’t seemed so pungent last night. She scooted to the opposite end of the couch, trying to avoid the stench.

She wrestled with herself as to whether she should worry Max or not. The last she had heard Max was going with Michael and Maria to find that rave, what was it called again? Enigma? That was it. But when another sledgehammer of pain bowled into her lumbar region about 20 minutes later, she dialed his cell. It went to Voice. He was not available. She also tried Maria. No avail.

It was 2:20 am, on New Years day, and she needed to sleep this off until he arrived back. Which is what she did in twenty-minute increments. But like clockwork every twenty minutes she would be seized by the violent pain, every nerve rubbed raw, her breathing labored during each bout.

And every twenty minutes after the intensity dwindled to a dull, persistent ache she would call Max and Maria. Neither Liz nor Michael was answering their cells either. And true to her form, Isabel forced herself back to sleep until the next round hit.

At 5:30 am she couldn’t take it anymore. Lying down was entirely too painful and the gap of time between the episodes was shortening. The pains were assaulting her nearly every 10 minutes now and she was too miserable to try the phones, she was just trying to make it through the agony, which had her trying to crawl away from herself. It too had increased, and was snaking around to the front of her lower abdomen after it bludgeoned her back. Why did someone have that 1-10 range, because her pain wasn’t even on the scale, it was at least a 16 if not higher.

She started to pace, pressing her hands against her back for any amount of relief. Or she leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen, holding onto the moulding when the pain overtook her, moaning deeply, breathing shallowly. Feeling her powers playing havoc with her environment and absolutely powerless to stop it.

TBC....
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, I, ADULT) Ch 2, pg1, 12-26-11

Post by Mt Gazer »

Keepsmiling/Carolyn I agree... Why can’t you ever get a hold of someone when you REALLY need the help...

PML/Peter Agreed with both of you. We did have a great Christmas until the cars were broken into. And even then, everyone is safe, and no one was injured, so it could have been much worse. Its just stuff. Family is the MOST important.

imnotlc So long since I’ve had your feedback on one of these. It is SO AWESOME to have you back, and thanks for reading... More is coming right now.

Summary: Isabel finds herself in pain one day. This is the story that unfolds from that day, and the things she learns along the way.

New Years Revelation

Chapter Two

She didn’t want to wake Kyle for she felt there was really nothing he could do for her. She didn’t want him to see her like that, so she had kept in control of her emotions, she wasn’t called the Ice Princess for nothing after all. Low moans and groans were the only sounds she allowed herself to make. Although she wished to be screaming. Her powers were still wreaking havoc somewhere, somehow. But she was unsure of where or how, all she knew was that she could feel them in play.

The pains were coming closer together, the time was now 6:30, an hour later than when she got off the couch for the final time, the pain was bordering on intolerable, and she couldn’t find any comfort anymore. Her insides felt oddly heavy, like she was experiencing the worst menstrual cramps of her life. But she didn’t get those. Not with alien powers to alleviate them when they started.

The torment had left her literally blacking out for seconds at a time during the tidal waves of agony as they ripped through her back, snaked around her right side and tore through her stomach, pushing and twisting her organs and muscles with a deep force. Her entire body was in the throes now.

And during the periods of momentary blissful relief afforded by unconsciousness she would see Alex standing there. Watching. Her own personal Jiminy Cricket, her conscious, as she had relied on him since his death. But the translation wasn’t coming through, she had no idea what he wished to convey. And when the next onslaught would jar her back into reality he was gone.

Isabel thought her own death was surely on the menu... the fact that the pain was increasing to such a level that she was in a state of blessed oblivion during it scared her. But seeing Alex standing and watching in those moments was even more utterly terrifying.

They’d beaten death and enemies so many times before, that to have it end like this was unfair. And was not something that she was going tolerate. She’d go down fighting; for every ounce of strength and health and sanity that she had left. She grabbed the edge of the tub as the pain wracked her frame and then slowly eased herself into the water. Trying to find any relief now... Ice hadn’t worked, nor her powers either.

Isabel was thrashing and making so much noise that Kyle nearly burst down the bathroom door in his haste to determine that she was alright. She wasn’t about to tell Kyle about her losses of consciousness or that she was seeing Alex... that was nearly too much for even her to comprehend. And so she did the only thing she could, she sent him to find Max. A simple little favor really, solve the clues, find Enigma and there should be Max...

The things he did for his friends. thought Kyle Valenti. But it was obvious that she needed help. She said that her appendix might have burst. Her clothes had been discarded on her bedroom floor that he had passed enroute to the master bathroom, and now curious he picked them up to examine them. The sight of blood on her pants and the staining on the gown was enough to tell him that this was more serious than she was letting on, and if he didn’t find Max soon, there might be one less member of their little band of merry men.

Kyle Valenti raced out of the house, trying to think like his friends, as he headed to the place of the first clue.

Isabel looked up steeped in her bubbles, but unable to relax and saw Alex watching her, yet again.

“I know why you’re here.” She added. “You’re here for me. You’ve come to collect my soul, and I’m going to join you today?” The pain hit and she tried to breathe though it but she briefly lapsed into unconsciousness until she heard Alex give her an order...

“You need to get out of the tub! Now!” Alex insisted.

“But this feels better than anywhere else...” she argued.

“And you’re blacking out. If you go under, they might lose you Isabel. And it’s not your time. Trust me, it’s NOT your time. It’s not anyone’s time to leave the world today.” He added cryptically.

So he motioned to her towel, and let her argue until she relented and finally wrapped herself in it, hunched over against the edge as another blow went streaming throughout her entire body.

“Are you satisfied?” Isabel sarcastically spat, to realize that she must have done what he needed, for he had disappeared again.

She hadn’t had any visits from Alex since he had convinced her to marry Jesse, and she knew that he might be nothing more than a figment of her imagination, but having him here in this crisis was somehow oddly reassuring. And when he’d disappear, she felt entirely alone, like there was no-one left to help her... not that there truly was anyways.

After donning her soft and fluffy bathrobe she continued her pacing of the living room... The pain was at nearly a 20 on the 1-10 scale and was coming at less than 10 minutes apart. She had given up actually watching the clock, and now knew that it wasn’t going to stop until it had finished with her. She sure hoped Kyle had already found Max and that they were on the way back.

TBC....

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, I, ADULT) Ch 2, pg1, 12-27-11

Post by Mt Gazer »

keepsmiling/Carolyn: It is not her time... It is time for something, but not Isabel's departure from the world.

Summary: Isabel finds herself in pain one day. This is the story that unfolds from that day, and the things she learns along the way.

New Years Revelation

Chapter Three

Shortly after 7:30 am Jesse arrived from his stint at the Houston Airport where he’d missed his connecting flight and was stuck all night. He’d picked up a special little present in the airport because he had heard the disappointment in Isabel’s voice the evening before. She loved her traditions so much and was trying so hard to create special ones for the two of them. He hated to disappoint her.

So bags tucked under his arms, he entered his house stamping off the wet snow from the sudden unexpected flurries that were falling intermittently on Roswell for the last couple of hours. It was still safe to drive but the day looked as if it might hold some other surprises when the slush turned to powder and started to actually stick.

“Honey, I’m home.” He teased, as he realized that all hell was breaking loose in his very apartment. Things were flying through the air in uncertain and random formations. “Izzy, you’ve some ‘splaining to do...” he used his Latino accent to its full effect as he mimicked Ricky Ricardo from “I Love Lucy” to ease his nerves if nothing else.

But then he saw her and all teasing aside he knew something was very wrong. Isabel was doubled over in pain, tightly holding her stomach and moaning deeply, the kind of moan that if let to escape would become a scream. Isabel was so controlled.

“What the ...” he uttered half a thought as he plopped his bags at the door and raced to his wife’s side, ignoring the airborne objects momentarily.

“Isabel? Honey? Look at me.” He turned her to face him and her eyes were unfocused, shimmering with tears, she was sweating, and feverish. Very feverish. She also appeared to be sparking. What the hell was wrong with her, he’d never heard of this before.

“OWWW” she moaned. Hunching over in his arms, trying to relieve the abundant pressure.

“What happened? Where’s the pain?” he ordered as he rubbed her back.

“My stomach and back.” She groaned... “Everywhere. Get Max!!!” she gripped his shirt tightly staring dazedly at him, but with a determination he couldn’t understand.

“Max? Are you crazy? Why didn’t you call 911? Why aren’t you at the hospital? If you are in this much pain something is terribly wrong. You need to see a doctor.” He argued.

At the mention of doctor, she reached out and grabbed the cell phone from his hand that he was about to dial, and she threw it against the wall. Twisted pieces of microchip, plastic and metal hit the floor as it shattered. A hole in the drywall lay behind the point of impact. Jesse jumped at her actions.

“No fucking doctor do you understand me?” She hissed, and was brought to her knees by another onslaught, “Oooh-hhhh” grabbing his shirt in her hands. The fibers fraying under her grip as the shirt unraveled in patches where her hands were holding to him.

When it was over, she stood back up and began to pace slowly again, holding her body tightly with her hands as she huddled over trying to remain erect but failing. So far it was the most comfortable position she could find.

He went to their room and quickly threw on another shirt; he then saw her discarded clothes and examined them. Whatever was happening was serious. He watched her from the vantage point of their doorway for a short time, as she did not even acknowledge his presence, preferring to pace and wear herself out alone. She was in severe agony; and he wanted to make the pain go away but he couldn’t do anything if she wouldn’t let him help her.

“Look Isabel. I’m not going to just stand by here and do nothing while you pace and kill yourself. Something serious is going on...” he mentioned the clothes in their room. “You could have ruptured an organ, or your appendix burst or something. Any number of these things can lead to death if untreated. You need to go to the emergency room. I’ll drive...” He placed his hand on her shoulder to steer her towards the door and felt an errant electrical charge race through his entire being.

She had shocked him somehow, in that state of sparking she had shocked him and she turned in his arms and instead of relying on him for help as he expected her to do, she ordered him to leave.

“If all you can do is tell me to go to the hospital, you can get the hell out of my house and let me get through this on my own. I AM NOT GOING TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL. IT IS NOT AN OP-“ the pain forced her to her knees again... “tion.” She forced out. Panting to gain her breath again. “Don’t ask questions just do as I say and find my stupid brother!” She ordered through gritted teeth. “Just go!” she aimed her hand at the door and it swung open, his being pulled through it like a vortex and the door slammed in his face.

“Well good morning to you too.” He yelled angrily as the door slammed.

TBC....

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, I, ADULT) Ch 4, pg2, 12-31-11

Post by Mt Gazer »

New Years Revelation

Chapter Four

Jesse started banging on the door to his house, but it was locked, as if it was barricaded from the inside. He tried to force it open, but Isabel was forcing the lock somehow, the same way she had thrown him out. And in utter frustration he finally gave up... and yelled through the lock that he’d find help somewhere. He looked at the darkening sky and cursed the impending storm.

He was angry at her stubbornness and he needed to cool off, to gather his bearings so he could go back for another round. So he did the only rational thing he could think of, going to the place where they all hung out...

Jesse headed into town. He had to find Max, although how a high school boy could help her was beyond his comprehension. And he had to understand just what he had observed at the house. The airborne objects, her sparking... Not that he knew where to seek out those answers; their little group was very tightly knit and close lipped. He was not in the in crowd and he knew it, neither were her parents. Phil liked to ask leading questions trying to ferret out answers. Answers that he didn’t have to give.

Crashdown a few minutes later. No-one was there but Liz and her dad, and they were opening the diner for the day.

Jesse blew in through the door looking like a spooked man.

Liz looked up. “Hey Jesse how was...?” he cut her off.

“Houston?” He shook his head. “We have a problem.” He raced right up to her side and whispered forcefully. “Is Max around?”

“No...”

“Isabel is demanding him. Personally she needs a doctor right now, needed one a couple hours ago most likely, but she insists that all she needs is her brother. It’s something bad.” He sighed heavily, nervously. “Why don’t you go over to my house and see if you can’t talk some reason into her, she’s your friend.”

“What’s going on?” She questioned.

He filled her in on what he had observed and Liz flew out of the restaurant seconds later.

He turned to Jeff and dryly asked if the bar was open at 7:30 am?

TBC....

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, I, ADULT) Ch 4, pg2, 12-31-11

Post by Mt Gazer »

Keepsmiling/Carolyn Max and Maria are at Enigma. It is in Blue Moon Canyon and they have no cell reception. Max has NO IDEA that anything is wrong currently.

Tharos Thanks for the vote of confidence LOL.

New Years Revelation

Chapter Five

Meanwhile, Isabel realized that she irrationally had screamed at Jesse, and had shattered her only help in the moment and that she was only getting worse. She wanted her husband back,,,, not to apologize, she wasn’t in a state that she could, but to at least have him holding her hand or wiping her brow or... she picked up her phone and called the only person who could find her brother or anyone on such short notice. She was getting desperate, and was actually considering Jesse’s demand of going to the hospital. Might as well die there with some care than here with no-one.

The one thing that never occurred to her was that she might just possibly be in active labor and preparing to give birth. She didn’t even know she was pregnant, and the thought was the furthest thing from her mind, not allowing itself to even leak into the edges of reference or likelihood.

*** Valenti***

Jim Valenti had just walked into the Crashdown to get a morning cup of coffee... He heard the panicked call of his name from the bar and his phone ringing at the same time.

He walked over to Jesse while answering the phone.

“Jim! It’s Isabel...”

“Isabel? What’s wrong...”

“Look. I need help! Medical help! I need Max right now!!!” He heard the deep moaning on the other end. About 30 seconds later she continued. “Look! Something’s very wrong with me. And I had a fight with Jesse.”

He looked up at the man beside him... Jesse was watching the conversation eagerly.

“He wants me to go to the hospital but I can’t you know and ,,,” she panted through yet more pain.

Jim watched the man beside him, his mind racing with questions... and he started to ask Isabel specific questions.

“When did the pain start?”

“2:00.”

“Ok and is it the same as it was or is it getting stronger or closer together?”

“Both,” he heard a pause. “It used to be like 20 minutes apart but now its like rolling waves of pain every few minutes or so. “OOOHHHH.” She panted her way through the hit. “Jim. I also had bleeding. I think I’m dying.”

“Is anyone there with you?”

“No. No-one. Kyle was but he’s looking for Max...” She was gasping for air on her end, “Find Max... find Jesse... Anybody...Please Jim... just get me HE-LP!”

“Ok Isabel I’m sending you help. Right now.” She clicked off, and he couldn’t explain another thing to her, especially what he thought might be wrong with her. It was dead air.

He raised a finger to Jesse in a gesture of just wait. He hit speed dial. “Amy?” He asked in a slight state of panic...

***Amy DeLuca***

“Jim? What is it?” She could hear the catch in his voice.

“Sorry to bother you like this, especially so early on New Years, but, did you ever finish those midwife classes you were taking? ...”

“I haven’t graduated yet if that’s what you mean. Why?” She sat up in her bed, she had been asleep, but something was up.

“Consider this your graduation. I think Isabel is in labor. I can’t explain it but she hates hospitals. Has something to do with what happened when she was a child. She won’t go, and she can’t be made to go. If she is in labor she needs someone who can help her, no questions asked.”

“Oh my God!” She began racing around her house gathering what few supplies she owned, things that might be useful in a birth. “How far apart are her contractions?”

“Not sure, something like 6 minutes.”

“6 minutes apart?” She yelled at him staring into the phone at the stupidity of men. “And you’re just now getting around to telling me this?” As she threw on her nearest clothes, and raced into the kitchen for hot coffee full strength to alleviate what hangover she might have.

“I just found out, and I don’t think she knows what is happening to her.”

“Oh my God!! I’m on my way, just give me the address.”

He gave it to her, “and Amy. One more important thing.”

“Make it fast.”

“You might see some... Things. Things that might make what’s happened over the last couple of years make a bit more sense.”

“Goodbye Jim.” She gripped the address and was so thankful that Maria had not taken the Jetta this time but that she actually had her car in an emergency.

***Valenti***

He sighed deeply and rubbed a weary hand over his face... “I’ll have whatever he’s having.” He pointed to Jesse’s drink. Oh shit, here we go again. Down the rabbit hole into the ever burgeoning I know an alien club. He turned to Jesse. “You no doubt heard those conversations. You need to get home immediately. Isabel is having a baby. And I have to find Max, and apparently also my son.”

Jesse went white as a sheet. He stared at the older man with a blankly astonished expression. “That’s not possible.”

Jim sighed and took a drink. “Actually it is...” his mind remembering that Tess said a pregnancy lasted one month.

“Look at me.” Demanded the lawyer... “It is not possible, we’ve been married only a little over a month and we never had sex before the honeymoon. The only way that Isabel could possibly be in labor is that she was pregnant before we ever met. But I’m telling you that is not what is wrong with her. I’m intimate with my wife, I’d know if her body was showing any changes and if anything she’s lost weight not gained it. Isabel cannot possibly be pregnant.”

“Jesse... ?”

He was cut off.

“Dammit I should have listened! My mom said we were going too fast. And Isabel’s dad tried to warn me off repeatedly, said she’d had some huge heartbreak and was still recovering.”

Jim looked pained, but Jesse rushed on...clearly rattled.

“Lets say for the sake of argument that you’re right that she is. He left her and the baby didn’t he? She was looking for some rich sugar daddy to take care of her and the tyke. Some poor soul she could wrap around her finger. How did she hide this? How could she keep this from me?”

Jim just stated softly, “You have no idea about that heartbreak, you honestly have no idea.”

“Well I know now that my wife has been lying to me since the beginning. I know that this is not what I signed up for...” He got off the stool and paced.

Jim asked, "Does that really matter right now? Do you truly love her or was that all a show? Is she just some eye candy, trophy wife to show off to all your colleagues?”

“Hey,” Jesse argued. “I’m not the one who was knocked up when we met and lied about it, lied about everything... “

Jim continued. “I can’t honestly say if she has been totally truthful with you or not. But go to her! She needs you! She needs to know that someone will be there for her. Right now she is alone Jesse, and in serious pain and thinking she’s dying. She’s young. She’s scared. And I have a feeling she doesn’t even KNOW she is in labor. Its time to prove what you’re made of. Don’t make a bad choice here. Be there for the birth of your child, you don’t want to miss that..."

Jesse turned back and returned pulling his money from his wallet and slapping it onto the countertop, he swilled the last of his drink. He leaned closely into the other man’s space, “See that’s just the problem. It’s not my child. There is no way in hell that child is mine. So somehow I doubt I will care.” He straightened up. “There are just too many secrets, too many unspoken things to deal with, with all her friends right now, including you. She calls you for help, yet I was right there and she wouldn’t let me assist her. Kicked me out of my own house and barred the door. She needs to get to a hospital, yet you tell this Amy that isn’t an option either. Why is that? What happened to her as a child? Isabel demands her brother, as if he can do something. What’s with that? And since you’re obviously in on all the secrets why don’t you go find the baby’s father and let him know what’s going on...” Jesse walked to the front door, and turned with a parting shot, “IF anyone asks I will be at the office. Reviewing divorce law. I need to think and I need to analyze my options.”

Jim sighed, gulped the remainder of his drink in one draught and also left his money and headed out, to find Max, Kyle, whomever he ran into first at this point.

TBC.....

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, I, ADULT) Ch 6, pg 3, 1-4-12

Post by Mt Gazer »

keepsmiling
Happy New Year in return. The revelation isn’t over... but yes if Isabel is truly in labor she does need help ASAP! And Amy as a mid-wife was the brainchild of Peter/PML... He comes up with the best ideas... This is a short story, and for this story it works... Amy is into all the alternative things so why not?

I can’t answer for Jesse yet... This is his method of coping... he doesn’t know about the alien thing and to become a father a month into your marriage SHOULD be impossible...

PML/PETER First thanks as always... And yes Jesse is being tossed into the abyss alright. Will he make it out alive or unscathed is left to be seen.

Yeah Poor Jim.. I hope he can explain what he needs to to whom he needs to without to much flak.. its going to be a long day I fear.

And lastly, yes poor Isabel... That girl NEEDS HELP!!!!

More is upcoming now...

Tobias: Thank you for the vote of confidence, and for saying how my writing has improved... I’m glad you’re reading this one! You want a part quick, I think I can oblige...

New Years Revelation

Chapter Six

Amy and Liz each arrived at the same time, Liz had no idea of what she was about to walk into and Amy was more than worried for her young patient. They hollered at the door, banging on it, trying to force it. Finally it swung open of its own accord. Liz peeked inside and realized that Isabel must have used her powers to release it.

Amy peered in at the random haphazardly moving objects. She blinked hard and remembered Jim’s words, something about things making sense. Which right now they certainly didn’t, but currently there was no time for that based on the sounds Isabel was making. She was close.

Amy turned to Liz, “Find all the towels you can and get them in the dryer to warm them up. Boil water and sterilize these scissors, she reached into her bag and handed them over. And wish me luck.” Amy strode in acting far more confident than she felt. Under her breath she muttered ‘God I hope we’re all ready for this.’

Liz gave her a puzzled look.

Amy answered, “We’re about to deliver a baby.” And she took charge.

Isabel was crawling on the floor on her hands and knees. Amy nodded knowingly. The nothing is working when you really need relief position. She got down on Isabel’s level and started to massage her lower back speaking in low soothing tones.

“How far apart are your contractions?”

“What!? What contractions?” Isabel moaned... “I’m passing a kidney stone or my appendix ruptured or ...” she was taken over by another contraction. “All I need is Max!! No one has found him yet? You’re all useless. Of course I’m going to die before he gets back...”

“You are pregnant aren’t you?” Amy asked bewildered.

Isabel sat back with a thump and turned to the woman that she barely knew. “Do I honestly look pregnant to you!?” She pulled her robe open, exposing herself to the woman. Amy’s eyes quickly scanned the surface and she reached out to touch Isabel’s belly.

Isabel recoiled, and quickly wrapped the robe around herself again, “What are you doing here anyways? Who are you?”

“Looks can be deceiving...” Amy muttered. “Jim sent me.”

“You’re my help?” Isabel rolled her eyes and got hit with another contraction.

Amy looked at her watch and took note of how far they were. Three minutes apart with a duration of nearly thirty seconds. She was getting close. And the girl was either clueless or in denial. ‘Yeah this was going to be easy.’ She thought sarcastically. Isabel seemed so mistrustful of anyone not in their little group. That, she had observed over the past couple years. She sighed with relief when Liz stepped in.

“Ms. DeLuca needs to examine you for a minute Isabel.”

Isabel glared at Liz. “She is not touching me Liz.” And she doubled over in pain again.

They waited it out with her, rubbing her back, speaking in soothing tones. Liz went for another tack.

“Is there any chance you might be pregnant Isabel? Unprotected sex anywhere along the way? Tall, dark, and handsome perhaps?”

“No. Jesse and I are so careful. We’ve only been married a month and half.”

“And remember what Tess said, that it only takes a month?” Liz reminded.

“And remember what Tess DID.” Tears of pain shimmered in Isabel’s eyes. ... OH- GOD....” she breathed though the pain. “It was all a ploy, she probably wasn’t even pregnant at all.”

“No she was.” Liz stated assuredly. “ But I think she had the baby in our September. That’s when Max felt like he was in danger, when the baby went online so to speak. Giving her roughly a four-month pregnancy. Not One.”

Amy was staring at them in bewilderment. They were speaking in terms of the impossible. And they both seemed to be understanding each other very well, there were unspoken secrets being discussed right in front of her...

“You know alien to alien it might be four months but human to alien?” Liz stroked Isabel’s sweaty blonde tresses, looking her deeply in the eyes. Isabel’s hair was shifting between blonde shoulder length, and short brunette... her skin was sparking, her powers were definitely out of control... “Maybe it’s closer to normal, to human?” Liz was trying to force Isabel to remember a few months ago but it wasn’t registering.

Isabel got up to pace, not only because of contractions but because thoughts were starting to leak through. Liz was wrong... it wasn’t possible. Her body convulsed with pain again.

“Before any of this gets any stranger,” Amy pointed around to everything. Isabel’s shifting of hair color, the airborne objects... “We need to get back to the matter at hand. Has your water broken?” Amy jumped in before the conversation could take any more turns.

Isabel shrugged, biting her lip hard.

“Have you used the bathroom anytime since the pain began?”

Isabel shook her head no.

“You sure? How about taking a bath? Did you have a bath at any point?” She was trying to determine if Isabel’s water might have broken and she had missed it.

Isabel nodded silently until it turned into a deeper moan, and she held onto Amy for support, the nearest object at the moment. The contractions were three minutes apart. Amy looked at her watch and rubbed Isabel’s back.

“OK... When it breaks, if it hasn’t already, your contractions will be one on top of the other, even more than now. You are going to feel a need to push, and you are not going to be able to ignore it. Your body will take over and do what it is designed to do. Do you understand what I’m telling you is about to happen to you whether you believe you are pregnant or not?”

Isabel nodded shakily still holding onto Amy and turned to Liz, fear and question in her eyes. “Jesse and I had a good honeymoon...”

Shaking her head slowly side to side. “Not Jesse Isabel.” Liz bit her lip. How was she supposed to get Isabel to remember, the girl wore denial like a well-worn pair of jeans. Liz swallowed hard. “You won’t like this, but, I need to ask you a question about the day Alex died.”

“No! That’s off limits. That’s too long ago. I can’t.” Isabel wrapped her arms around her cramping stomach.

Liz continued, “He was talking to you on the phone and said something cryptically about how even now she is on her BED and she is thinking about me. He bit his finger and the look on his face Isabel... Something happened on prom night didn’t it?”

To properly read Isabel one needed to be adept at reading transient expressions for Isabel could school her face into impassivity so that she couldn’t be deciphered.

The fleeting look on Isabel’s face was all the answer Liz needed. Her heart knew the answer, even if her mind hadn’t caught up yet.

Isabel violently shook her head trying to block the memories. The best of her nights was followed by the worst and she had been successfully ignoring all for the last months. Isabel groaned loudly and turned to grip Amy again through another contraction.

When that one subsided she continued through a quivery voice. “Its too long ago. That was last year. It was another time. I was another per-“ she panted during, “son. I was a teenager. Now I’m an adult. I’m in col-lege. I’m married.... And this is a medical crisis. I’m dying Liz.” She was clinging to the last straw of denial that she had, but it was failing her.

A sudden gush of warm liquid broke between Isabel’s thighs and splashed onto Amy from the momentum. It continued to run down Isabel’s legs creating a puddle at her feet. The sparking traveled along the same course as if it were an extended part of Isabel.

Amy just raised her brows. No questions asked. She reminded herself, shaking her head in bewilderment.

Isabel stood there amongst a flickering puddle in a look of complete shock, almost trancelike in disbelief that this was actually happening to her.

Liz grabbed her friend’s face and stared into her eyes with sheer force. “Wake Up! It was eight months ago Isabel! You are having- Alex’s- baby!”

TBC....

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, I, ADULT) Ch 7, pg 3, 1-7-12

Post by Mt Gazer »

Natalie36:
Yep I’d say it was a shock... and do you think she’ll take it well? Based on well everything that is Isabel? Oh the Queen of Denial.

Keepsmiling/carolyn: Really? Even with the dream opener you didn’t suspect Alex?

YAY!!! Clapping.... Cool... I wanted it left as a mystery.

Hey in the show Cry Your Name, Maria did say that those two lovebirds might actually have found true love, and everyone was so wrapped up in the prom disasters that they were enduring that no one really paid attention to what Isabel and Alex did.

Babies need to be warmed up; they can’t regulate their own heat. And Amy is going to have to improvise, this isn’t the typical midwife scenario... Those babies are rather prepared for... This one is just coming whether you like it or not.

And no this baby isn’t going to wait... Isabel is in labor, it’s just a matter of time now.

Tharos Of course I stopped it there. I had to give you SOMETHING to return for didn’t I? LOL

The inspiration for this scenario is a show on Discovery Health and TLC called I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant There are plenty of people apparently who this happens to, enough to make a documentary seres about it. LOL (and not all are first time mothers either) But I was watching and then thinking how the two seasons of Roswell between 2 and 3 seem so disjointed and far removed from each other. And then I played with the timing in my head and said yep this is possible... and started to write. So no. No asylum needed for Isabel. But she’d better wake up!

mary mary/Ginger- I know Isabel isn’t your favourite character. And I honestly don’t think she was trying to hide this at all. She TRULY didn’t know and was just blindsided by everything. Yes she did try to hide her night with Alex, I will give you that.... but there are reasons... (Isabel-ey reasons sure. ) but whom else are we dealing with but her.

sarammlover Yeah a new reader. Welcome.

Oh honey, I WRITE intense stories... I don’t seem to know how NOT TO. LOL I hope you can handle how intense they get... My genre tends to DRAMA....

Alex has to be the most missed and loved and mourned television character I would think... Roswell is 10 years gone and these guys live in our hearts and we STILL FEEL Alex’s loss.

Jesse, Yeah. This might not have been his best move, but he’s coping.. He’s trying to make sense of everything... And I try no matter how little screentime my characters get, to make them as true to the ones on the show that they were. Thank you so much for finding me and New Years Revelation. ...

New Years Revelation

Chapter Seven

The airborne objects, the sudden hair changes, the sparking: Amy DeLuca felt as if she had stepped off into the Twilight Zone, and she was usually ok with the paranormal and the downright weird. Or so she had thought herself to be. She had a Psychic that she relied on for advice even...

No questions asked didn’t mean she couldn’t appease the spirits, and so she pulled the crystal from her neck and waved it around at everything as if to use as a Talisman to ward off evil... Didn’t work, as she hadn’t really expected it to, but Liz was holding the catatonic Isabel and revealing what was going on and Amy felt the need to do SOMETHING.

Since her loss of Alex, Isabel hadn’t let herself fully absorb Alex’s death, hadn’t let herself grieve his loss, hadn’t let herself learn to live without him. Instead she forced herself back into the land of “normal.” She had to. Self-preservation is the highest priority and after Tess’ betrayal was exposed, and all the circumstances that tied into those events were concealed; Isabel shut down, completely. Closing everyone out.

She wanted to run away to San Francisco for college but Max insisted she stay home. She wanted nothing to do with her family or brother anymore, and when Jesse offered marriage and Alex told her to take the offer, it seemed like a good idea at the time. She could get away from anyone who asked questions continually, and just blend into nothingness. Just to breathe again. Her parents were becoming far too intrusive and she couldn’t take it anymore. Too many secrets that she HAD to retain...

So it was easier, she decided, to remember the night with Alex never occurred, because then she wouldn’t have to remember Max stepping out of the back of the coroner’s van with Alex’s blood all over his hands. She was unable to separate the two images; they always blended into a singular event.

And now here she was being forced to remember that she had slept with Alex, and not only that but she was about to bring his baby into the world... their baby.

The revelation of what was happening to her slammed into her mind and body simultaneously with all the force of a runaway locomotive. Isabel fell to her knees in turmoil of travail and unexpressed grief. The floodgates loosed as she sobbed for her lost love, for her lost life, for all the broken promises and the splintered dreams as her contractions came closer together.

Amy’s heart was breaking watching Isabel, the girl who seemed so tough, so poised and aloof, shatter before her very eyes... She slid her arms around Isabel and let the girl sob into her shoulders, the way she’d held her own Maria eight months ago... Isabel seemed to be feeling the grief anew, Amy observed. She had to wonder if anyone had been there for her when she lost Alex? Or was it like the labor she was going through before they had gotten there, did she try to tough it out alone.

Amy pulled the corded crystal from around her neck and placed it on Isabel’s. “You need this more than I do right now, it will help you to focus your energies. You’re going to need all the help you can get.” She stroked the teen mother’s cheek.

“I need to walk.” Isabel choked out in a whisper while clinging to the crystal around her neck. Trying to focus on any one thing. Amy supported the unsteady teen as they made half a revolution of the living room. Isabel found herself crawling on the floor again. ... “Oh God it hurts so bad...” She was sobbing, trying to sort out her feelings, but they were far too jumbled for any resolution. Sorrow would be swallowed by a contraction that needed her undivided attention, but that would lead right back to the grief over the loss of Alex. Isabel clung to Amy through the emotional and physical onslaughts alike...

Isabel was mostly sub vocalizing, making little sense as Amy held her, but her job was to assist Isabel in bringing this baby into the world, and right now that was just to hold the mourning mother in her darkest hour.

“I can’t do this alone. I need Alex.” she sobbed incoherently.

Amy comforted her and Liz squeezed her hand through the contractions, but none could see when Alex heeded the call. Isabel slowly inched to the edge of the couch and perched herself seated against the stationary object, she couldn’t move anymore. Liz pushed the coffee table out of the way, and ran to get towels to place under Isabel. The dryer was reset and she kept the rest warming.

Isabel felt soothing ethereal arms cradle her head, as her body was pulled flush against his from behind. Alex stroked the falling tears on her cheeks as he wiped at them and caressed her cheeks. He kissed her forehead, and coached her through another contraction.

Isabel’s body started to tremble and to shake as if she was shivering and she couldn’t stop it. Maybe she was cold, she couldn’t be so sure anymore.

“I never meant for it to be like this.” He said guiltily. “The day I died, I watched Max as he tried to heal me. But I was already gone Isabel. And I watched what it did to you when he couldn’t. I saw you break apart Isabel, and I couldn’t be there for you anymore. I couldn’t fix it. I left you with broken promises and shattered dreams.” Alex was crying now too, “I never meant to.” His hands wandered across her engorged breasts. “God you’re so beautiful...” his thoughts wandered momentarily.

“UNNGGG,,,” she moaned.... as he coached her through another.

“I don’t break my promises Isabel. I meant everything on prom night, and...” he whispered huskily in her ear, “and...”

Isabel’s mind flashed with ephemeral images of their little trysts, a sad smile passed fleetingly across the corners of her mouth in remembrance. Alex continued, “We bonded through our lovemaking, cemented. You’re a part of me and I’m a part of you. You’re mine forever. You know it and I know it. It’s why you can see me, (not the only reason of course) but it’s why I turn up when you need me... I’m always going to be around. You just can’t get rid of me that easily.” He teased.

“UUHHHNNGG..” Isabel’s body was transitioning into the final stages, her shaking never subsiding, all the noises around her heightened, and her moans were mingled with grief and low levels of screaming... She was clinging to the crystal around her neck and trying to process the barrage of information coming from Alex.

“I only had one promise left that I could keep... we’d not graduate together or get married after high school... Your defenses were down, your protective barrier had slipped and so I used the power of our love (our bond) and a little knowledge about biology, yours in particular...”

“UUNNGGHH...” Tears were streaming down her cheeks as Alex reminded her of his death and all their crushed dreams. She secretly had wished that she were pregnant, once. That night. She needed him so badly ... but afterwards she never regarded it as a possibility.

“You were clinging to our bond. So desperate to have me back. So devastated. So shattered. I just couldn’t leave you like that. Alone. Empty. And so I willed this into existence. Your body merely responded.” His hands roamed down to her stomach, “A little sperm, a little egg and bada bing... bada boom... Magic.” He whispered into her ear as he kissed her. His soft eyes twinkling while shimmering with crystalline tears. His hands were pressing downward on her abdomen in rhythm with the baby’s descent, attuned to his child’s every movement.

“AUUUGGHHH... There’s nothing magical about this!!” ... she screamed.

“Ok, you’re doing just fine, honey.” Amy was sitting before her coaching her during her contractions, she’d already examined her and Isabel was fully dilated and effaced; ready whenever her body was.

Isabel was passing out every few seconds; the contractions were duration of thirty seconds and were coming at a minute apart. ... She would come back to life during another round of pain... Liz was assisting in any way possible, sometimes tightly gripping to one of her hands, sometimes wiping the cascading tears from her cheek.

“It’s why I gave you our baby in the first place, to give you a reason to live, you were so broken my love. ... But until you went into labor today, I thought you’d lost her Isabel.” Alex was emotional. “Even you didn’t know you were pregnant, and she’s right here, in you...” He placed Isabel’s hands on her stomach under his and let her feel as her body tightened and released, let her feel the contractions,,, as he coached her through another round.

“And so I told you to marry Jesse, because he did make you happy. Because you NEEDED someone.” Alex stated. And I couldn’t be the one; I couldn’t be there for you anymore. I was doing you no good; holding on to me was doing you no good... You were stopping your life! Going nowhere and so you had to move on. You had to get past me... I never thought today was going to happen. I never meant it to be like this...”

“I miss you.” She cried out to him... as another contraction hit.

Max and Maria drove up in the Chevelle singing “Alive” by POD into the air from the open topped car as they encountered the little snow flurries that seemed to be localized to their region of Roswell. Sure Maria was cold but she was having too much fun to care.

Maria ~Sunshine upon my face
A new song for me to sing

Max~ Tell the world how I feel inside
Even though it might cost me everything.

Maria~ And now that I know this
Will be outta control this
I can never turn my back away

Max~ Now that I see you
I can never look away

Max and Maria took the chorus together as they came upon the door to the Ramirez residence.

I, I feel so alive
For the very first time
I can't deny You
I feel so alive

A very elated Max and Maria donned in all the finery of the rave, glow necklaces, noisemakers, and new years hats, arms around each other’s shoulder; blew through the door high on life, singing “Alive” at the top of their lungs.

They knew something was going on with Isabel. But their spirits couldn’t be dampened; they had needed this night away from everything. Kyle had found them as they drove back into town and escorted them to the Ramirez residence having said little about what they were going to find, just that they had to get to Isabel quickly and to follow him. They didn’t yet know that Isabel was in labor. Not that Kyle himself knew.

Amy looked up at the noisy trio and shushed them...

“Mom?” Maria asked in absolute confusion as she heard Amy’s voice...as she came over closer to investigate. Isabel was still a mixture of tears and travail. Sweaty, sparking like Michael had last night, and feverish. And her mother was delivering a baby? Of course that’s what she was doing here she’d been taking those midwife classes...

Max caught Alex’s eye... Alex nodded his signature gesture of hi, and said... “Little busy right now.” And he pushed on Isabel’s belly, following his child... whispering something in his love’s ear.

Maria ran to get a blanket from the closet to cover Isabel for privacy. With everyone turning up at the house now, Isabel was far too exposed. Maria draped it over her and then she got a cool wet cloth to wipe Isabel’s fevered brow. She knelt down next to her friend... “Why didn’t you tell us? Where’s Jesse?” She wiped Isabel’s brow...

Liz let go Isabel’s hand for the moment and started making the hand over hand stop gesture... and glared at Maria... “ Go sniff some Cedar Oil Maria,” Liz growled testily... “You haven’t been here...”

“Godd AL-EX!!! What the fucking hell did you do to meee!?!?!?” Isabel screamed...as her body demanded the first urge to push ... “I have to pee. I have to pee.” She whined as she wriggled frantically and uncomfortably. Somehow that feeling had overtaken all the others.

Amy nodded, “Give me a second then. I’ll help you up if it is possible but I have to examine you first.”

So Amy checked her, surprised to find the baby already in position. “You’re ready Isabel, your baby is almost here... Just go with that feeling.”

Alex massaged her stomach.

“That’s it...” Amy worked as she talked, “Start pushing with your next contraction. You’re doing great honey...”

“I’m right here.” Alex stroked her cheek... I’m not going anywhere... I wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

“Baby’s coming ...” Amy mentioned. “Maria go fetch a mirror from her room.” She looked to the young mother, “Do you want to watch this honey?” Amy questioned.

Isabel shook her head distastefully. It was messy and bloody and gross, and beyond PAINFUL,, no she didn’t want to WATCH. What sick person would?

Alex spoke to her... “For me Isabel. I want to share it with you; I want you to see what I’m seeing. It’s so incredibly amazing... This is the only time we will ever have to share in this moment...”

Isabel’s tears renewed at the sting of the truth in his words, but she nodded to Amy... and Maria handed Liz the mirror and ran out of the house... it was too much for her at the moment.

Isabel screamed again... as the door was closing.

“One night off... all I asked was one night off of the alien abyss ... is that too much to ask??” Maria demanded of the snowy air... “But no!!!... Isabel has to go and have a baby with all the Czechoslovakian fireworks that entails.” ... She started to frantically sniff the vial of oil trying to calm herself... “Oh my God,” she chanted repeatedly as she wrapped her mind around her words.. “Isabel’s having a baby? She asked herself in confusion.

Inside the house Isabel heard her... her senses were still on the fritz and she attempted to answer Maria’s comment... “It wasn’t exactly my choi---“

“Ok I see the head,” Amy volunteered while Isabel was squeezing Liz’s hand as her body bore down and pushing commenced...

Isabel was about ready to crawl out of her own skin from all the exertion and pain, but Alex was a calming force, “She’s coming Isabel...” Alex stroked her brow ever the perfect labor partner as he held her stomach and assisted her with breathing... “With me, you can do it, “He, He, He Hoo,” he gave three short breaths followed by a long one, as Isabel repeatedly imitated his actions.

In the physical world, be it noted that Max and Liz were sitting on opposite sides of Isabel each breathing in the Lamaze rhythmic style with her and each holding a tightly gripping hand as Isabel strained forward and pushed with all the strength she possessed... She was surrounded by people who loved her and was not alone.

Amy made sure Liz continued to hold the mirror in her free hand as she readied Isabel for the final act. She told Isabel that with her next contraction to give it everything she had, one last contraction, one last push and she’d be holding her new baby in her arms.

Isabel and Alex jointly shared in the powerful moment as they watched their daughter enter the world, arriving all petite and pink and perfectly precious...

TBC....

Alive by P.O.D.

I used verse 2 for the song... but I think the whole song fits in its own ways for this entire chapter, so as I like to use music when possible. Enjoy.
Last edited by Mt Gazer on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, I, ADULT) Ch 8, pg 4, 1-12-12

Post by Mt Gazer »

mary-mary/ Ginger- Ah, yes if only we could... I think she must have had some minor symptoms she just didn’t have the HUGE tell-tale ones... At least that would be my assumption, we’ll see if the muse ever addresses it. LOL

keepsmiling/Carolyn- Ah I have a dreamer reading.. cool. And yeah Max and Liz had a very sucky prom... I love Amy. And she has decided that she has a part to play now in this story. So we’ll see more of her. They all lost Alex. Amy just now realized where Isabel was at in that whole fiasco, barely pregnant and unaware... it just hit the girl when she learned everything. Amy had to hold her, her own mother isn’t there.

The next part has no Jesse sorry... He must still be researching options.

sarammlover- Told you intense. Even when they first hit my brain and don’t feel that intense. THEY ARE... I find out as the words hit the page. Yeah Amy, she is the best person for the job if there has to be one. She and all her alternative things... Aromatherapy, I assume crystals, she does the physic thing... she’s into weird, and we just handed her weird times ten. (at least)

OK I’m going with the fact that Max was haunted by that guy that died in the s-2 Christmas epi. And yes Max did see Alex, but might think its a manifestation of his sister’s subconscious or whatever... (spoiler. Isabel is not completely functioning yet)
Jesse is still weighing his options.

PML/Peter: A surprise part you’ve never seen. ... And yes Max is here if something should go wrong. Alex wasn’t going to miss his only child’s birth. But nope, her husband was not at her side. Once he learned she was having a baby and knew it couldn’t be his, he freaked out a little... he’s still not back.

Tharos-
So...Alex is really there, ghostly mental projection from Isabel or whatever?? Max can see him?? Everything that isn't nailed down is flying...and Amy is a hippy with crystals?

Ok :lol:
I loved your laughing smilie. LOL Yes Max can see Alex. Maybe Isabel called him into our plane, maybe not, but regardless he is THERE. Yeah things are flying... Isabel’s powers are out of whack. Amy is a hippie... Amy was a protestor when she was 18, she is into psychic, aromatherapy, aliens and the like... She’d be into yoga and yeah she’d have a crystal, very believable... Like I’ve said once and will a thousand times more, when I have someone on screen. I NEED them to be true to their character...

New Years Revelation

Chapter Eight

With the final push and the tiny new angel in the world Amy quickly noticed as all the power displays just fell silent... The whirlwind of flying objects now suddenly collided in mid-air and plummeted to the ground, no longer aided by the indoor wind.

Well most of the displays anyways...

The baby now carried the same sparking as Isabel. Although Isabel’s might be calming a bit... The wide-eyed infant gazed around at the newness of life... at everything in her immediate environment as Amy was cleaning out her mouth and nose for the first breath. Max was assisting Isabel with the afterbirth. He had forced her already exhausted body back into contractions for a couple more pushes until at last everything was complete. Delivery was officially over.

Liz came and wrapped the baby in a warm towel, hovering around Amy with extras...

Maria came into the house stamping off the snow. The storm had passed, as suddenly as it had arrived. She was cold... but she stood and helplessly watched the flurry of activity, as everyone was busy with some job or another.

Max still wasn’t sure how Alex had come to be by Isabel during the birth, but he was grateful that she had someone that she trusted by her side. It was likely a manifestation of her powers and she had summoned him somehow... it was snowing outside after all. Getting progressively heavier as time wore on... Isabel could affect the weather if she so chose, they all could. But labor had seemed to magnify and offset her abilities... she was truly not in control of them for the last few hours, and as the labor had intensified so to the level of the amplification.

Max cut his niece’s cord, and as if she understood what the action had meant and that she was independent of her mother’s protective womb and no longer connected to her umbilical lifeline she let loose a robust wail of protest.

Her first breath.

And the power displays flared up once more... The walls were seemingly melting, as Tuscan Ocher became Navajo White and the colors bled together into a mottled pinkish orange and traversed though all the layers that they had ever been painted. The objects that had fallen tried to resume their flight but managed to hover above the ground, and when Amy carried the wailing infant into the kitchen to clean her up... the water that she was going to use to wash her started to boil without the aid of fire as the infant flailed her tiny uncoordinated fists about.

Amy snuggled her tightly tucking her tiny hands into the wrap, speaking softly to her new charge as she cleaned her up in her first bath. “Oh sweet little one. You are just like your mama aren’t you?” She chuckled as the warm washcloth smoothed over the infant’s brow. “We’ll need to get your telekinesis under control... I wonder if you were feeding off each other...”

Amy came over with the freshly cleaned baby and observed Isabel closely. She was not about to place the new girl into her mother’s arms.

“Maria honey?” She called into the room, “Run and get me some warm socks and a warm blanket for Isabel right now!” She felt Isabel’s fevered brow, and stroked a clammy cheek. “Play some soothing music, and then sit with her and hold her. Reassure her and speak softly... Use your oils... We need to call her back into her body, she’s not exactly with us at the moment...”

She ordered, “Kyle dim the lights and then go out and buy the smallest diapers you can...”

Max entered the house after the cleanup and was immediately accosted with the next issue, Amy hollered as he stepped back inside, “Max? I think Isabel is going into shock!” Amy handed the infant to Liz and started to check Isabel’s vitals.

Isabel was still shaking violently, muttering incoherently, hyperventilating, and staring into space...

Max knelt in front of his sister, “Izzy? You need to look at me... You know how this works...” and when she turned her confused eyes to his he immediately entered into a connection, glowing hands on the side of her head...

She was physically ok; her blood and fluid loss were within normal range.

But he found in her mind a whirlwind of emotions and jumbled thoughts... she was chattering them in an almost chorus of chaotic confusion. He felt each question and memory as if he were Isabel and he were the one experiencing it. The trouble with healing connections is that you become the other person for the brief time you are joined.

‘I just had a...baby? ... I didn’t know I- was - pregnant... How could I have missed it?!...’

Max relived the emotions and sensations of Isabel and Alex’s lovemaking as he saw through her eyes. ... ‘He gave her to me? What the hell was he thinking?’

In her mind’s eye he saw himself exiting the van, Alex’s red blood smeared across his palms... He felt her anguish in the very depths of his soul.

‘But Max’s baby was sick, and dying and had to leave.’ The overwhelming news when he said, “ ‘Tess is pregnant... we have to go.’ “ And the wail that pierced his heart when Liz went running into the pod chamber and telling them that it was Tess that had killed Alex... The shock was shutting down her ability to process, to function. Max remembered for a second at that news she was so numb she uttered nothing, she did nothing. She just internally cracked... And today the bandages covering her heart and all its jagged wounds had been ripped off, she was exposed to the cruel brutality and finality of Alex’s demise...

She was trying to be strong; he could feel her maternal instincts coming online... the need to defend her daughter.

‘Our babies can’t breathe here ... She didn’t cry when she was born.’ He felt her fear as her tiny daughter was welcomed into the world... an image from a few minutes ago, as the baby entered the world silently. ‘Something’s wrong... We can’t leave anymore, what if I have hurt her by staying?’

What Isabel did not realize is that in the physical plane she was rocking back and forth in the motion of a traumatized victim and was actually starting to say her thoughts out loud... “I didn’t know ... I didn’t know...” her hands were trembling. “Everyone I love ends up hurt or dead and that’s my fault. Why did I get married? What was I thinking...” She ran her hands through her hair. “I wouldn’t have brought Jesse into my life if I knew. Oh God - Jesse. What am I going to do ... What am I going to do?” She couldn’t still her shaking body or steady her vibrating hands. Panic was overriding and overwhelming every other emotion and memory.

She felt as Max’s mind somehow matched hers, and he reached into the anguished trauma and started to pull her out... “Izzy you need to calm down. You’re starting to spiral, in both planes... take some deep breaths and calm down.”

While Max was in connection Maria curled up next to her with a heavy blanket pulled off the marriage bed, she wrapped it around the distressed girl and held her, rocking her in her arms as Max worked from the inside out.

Tranquil music was piped through the stereo and Maria was humming gently, softly stroking Isabel’s hair. Amy closed Isabel’s hand around the crystal giving her any grounding that she could as they assisted the girl from whatever altered state she was currently residing. Maria pulled out her lavender oil, so nice for relaxation and serenity, and wafted it under Isabel’s nose.

A conversation was taking place in the mental regions of Isabel’s mind... “Is she ok Max? Can she breathe? Is she going to die? We can’t leave... You have to check her. You have to make sure she’s ok...” she was sobbing. “She didn’t cry Max... She didn’t cry.”

“Not immediately. No,” he agreed, “but she has a cry that can peel the paint from the walls. You’ll have to take a look.” He teased.

“But your son, he was dying, he couldn’t breathe... What if I hurt her? What if she develops problems? What if?...”

He stayed in the connection but started snapping his fingers into the air and motioning with an unconnected hand as he pulled it from Isabel’s head. The baby was placed unto Isabel’s lap; Max laid Isabel’s hand onto her daughter and told her to stay in connection with him. The lightning coursing the baby’s skin slowed, and retreated into Isabel’s touch. He walked her through the exam in the connection, proving to her that her tiny daughter was healthy.

Isabel threw her arms around him in her mind and started to quiet down...

Liz retrieved the baby and cooed at her. She looked perfectly human now; the alien effects were over. The very tiny bundle waved her arms about and stared at the new person in her life with her large expressive eyes.

Alex who had been observing everything from his vantage point of the hereafter gave Isabel a quick kiss on her forehead and told her he loved her and he’d see her later, and that she’d be just fine. And he looked into Liz’s arms and reached in to stroke his infant’s head as she watched him with her wide eyes and reached to grasp his finger. While clinging to her daddy’s pinky, he slipped back into the ethereal plain. His work done for the moment.

The shocked girl started to regain her presence and to come back to reality. Her first utterance was, “I need my baby Max... I need to hold her...”

He nodded to Amy and watched as Liz carried out the tiny girl all wrapped in a soft fluffy red bath towel.

Liz placed Isabel’s daughter into her arms for the first time, and Isabel melted. The rush of love that flowed into her was overpowering...

TBC....
Last edited by Mt Gazer on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: New Years Revelation (CC, I, ADULT) Ch 9, pg 4, 1-22-12

Post by Mt Gazer »

natalie36 Thank you for saying it was a beautiful part. I was hoping that I could pull off an awww type moment.

keepsmiling/Carolyn Yes Isabel has been through quite a bit, and having her daughter born only intensified her fears. All of a sudden she was worried about her health, worried about things she never really had to concern herself with before. She had to think like a mother… its all so new right now… the one thing she knows is that she LOVES this little baby.

I loved when Liz handed her the infant too.

mary-mary/Ginger You are welcome Ginger. I’m glad you liked it.

PML/Peter Thanks. I’m glad you liked it. Hope you like this one too… Thanks for vetting it.

And to all my readers, thank you for coming along for the ride. It’s been a long, busy, confusing week in my life and I’m sorry I didn’t get you any parts before now. But I had a moment today and I sat down and worked it out.

Again muses turn where they will, this wasn’t what I had exactly intended for this chapter, but I think it fits… the muse led me on this path and so here it is….

And the reason that she is still referred to as baby or infant or… is that she as yet is still unnamed. Isabel hasn’t had 9 months to prepare she’s had barely hours… and well she just hasn’t decided on anything yet.., her mind is still in a whirlwind. I’m sorry. I too would love to have something to call her by…

New Years Revelation

Chapter Nine

Isabel was cozied into her bed after a shower. Amy tucked her in with her daughter and made sure that she was able to nurse, if that is what she desired. They took to it like old pros, and snuggled together in a private moment of getting acquainted.

Max came in a short time later to talk expecting Isabel to be asleep, but she wasn’t. Instead she had her daughter unwrapped and was admiring her little features, kissing the soles of her tiny feet.

Isabel looked up and patted the bed beside her, a familiar position for the two of them as they had discussed things in each other’s room many times before. She scooped up the fluffy towel and held her daughter closely to her as she snuggled tightly against her mother’s chest.

Max sat beside Isabel. He reached over and stroked his niece’s downy hair; a small sad smile crossed his face.

“Want to hold her?” The new mother asked.

He nodded.

Isabel passed her tiny, most prized possession, over to her brother. A few hours ago she didn’t even exist. Now Isabel’s world revolved around her, her heart had expanded in an instant to make room. She couldn’t imagine her life without this precious treasure and she would do anything for her. She watched her brother snuggling his niece.

A tear or two slid down Max’s cheek, and fell unto the baby. Her wide crystal blue eyes watching him, as she gripped his pinky. He had never held his own son, or witnessed his birth; all he knew was that Tess had him around September.

“What is it Max?” She asked perceptively, fearing his answer.

“I was just thinking about…” he sighed heavily, drawing strength from the baby in his arms.

“Your son?” She added softly.

“Yeah.” He nodded.

“Max. Look at me.” She ordered.

He looked at her.

“Why did you send Tess away?” Isabel asked.

“What?” Not the question he was expecting.

“Why didn’t you kill her after you learned …” she gulped back the pain, staring her brother directly in the eyes. “Learned what she did?”

“Isabel? What are you asking?”

“I’m asking why? Max. Because it has caused so much trouble lately this quest for your son.”

“She had my son, my unborn son, Isabel. If I killed her, I’d have killed him. I couldn’t do that…” Max protested.

Isabel understandingly answered. “Exactly Max. There wasn’t much you could do for him. But you did what you could. You let him go. You let him be born, and you let him have a life. You protected him the best you knew how. And you did that out of love.”

He nodded with a heavy sigh as another tear streaked down his cheek.

“And out of love I need to protect her Max.” Isabel rubbed her hands on the blanket covering her lap.

She sighed heavily and asked Maria to come shut the door to the room, so that their conversation wouldn’t be overheard.

“We need to end the secrets Max.” She said clearly when certain the coast was clear.

“Isabel? We decided….”

“Max! The FBI is back. That Agent Burns was unto you for being in that basement. Now maybe he doesn’t know what was housed in it, but granted someone does. And they know you are involved. How much investigation do you think it will take to find out that you healed, or did something to Liz in the Crashdown that day? To find out all the things about you? About us? Maybe even to get the Unit organized again.”

“Isabel, what are you suggesting?”

“Dad stuck his neck out for you… he put his career on the line and all you did was moved out… Dad’s researching you; our entire lives of the last couple years are on that board. It’s just a matter of time Max.” She felt the intensity of the conversation and demanded, “Give me my daughter.”

He handed over the sleeping bundle.

“I need to protect her.” Isabel’s eyes shimmered as she held her daughter tightly to her chest. “I need to keep her safe. It’s time Max.” Isabel bit her lip. “She has powers... she’s like us… And how safe are we? Really?” She swallowed forcefully.

“Mom and Dad need let in Max… The day you moved out, you changed our dynamics. You changed everything…”

“You don’t live there either.” He pointed out.

“I can’t. Not under our rules… they got too intrusive, they wanted to know everything. Mom still checks in with me daily… You are still my brother and I love you, but I can’t keep lying and covering for you anymore. It’s killing me Max.”

“And like it or not, but when dad covered for you, he got involved too. They are already exposed; already part of this and keeping them in the dark won’t help them anymore. And it won’t help us. Otherwise they’ll just continue to investigate us. Dad is probably thinking you committed a felony, over and above the little “Bonnie and Clyde” stunt in Utah a few months back. Homicide Max. He probably thinks you killed Tess and burned the body in the jeep to get rid of evidence.”

“Isabel… you’re reaching.”

“I’m reaching?” She repeated in indignation, brows arched. “The jeep is torched, Tess vanished, and you went on a Crime Spree and started acting completely crazy. What do you think they are thinking?”

“So you just plan to tell them everything? You can’t even bring yourself to tell Jesse?”

“Jesse. God. And who told me I couldn’t? Recall that was not my choice either. You and Michael told me I couldn’t be open with my OWN husband. So now, look where that got us… I just had a baby Max. A baby, which my body chose to keep secret from me. This baby, who’s tied into all of this… None of this would have ever happened if Alex hadn’t …” she clenched her fists. Isabel was unable to speak the words… “I’m done with the secrets. They just aren’t doing us good anymore. They have got to stop!”

“So who shall we tell? We made a pact Isabel…”

“We had a pact years ago before you healed Liz too. And we got to live our lives because we came out of hiding. Good things have come from it Max.”

“But Alex..” he saw the look on her face and knew that for her sake he couldn’t utter the devastating words. “We made another after him to not let anyone else in so that they wouldn’t be harmed.”

“And I’m not saying to alert the media and to tell everyone,” she added sarcastically. “But to tell our parents, yes. Jesse, I’ll have to find a way to explain this to him. But you can’t deny that we just added another member whether she has been told anything or not. Amy DeLuca is now in the club. And she is not my mom. I want my MOM. Max.”

They sat there in a momentary silence, the air thick with the unspoken arguments, dangling, waiting to be given release.

“I’m a new mother and this is taxing. I need my sleep. Just tell them. Trust them Max. Tell them about your son. About Tess, and about my daughter… And go from there. They need to know.” Isabel finished the discussion in her regal manner with a dismissive wave, and she shooed him out of her room.

Max was left to decide how he was going to break this most shocking news to their parents.

TBC….

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.