High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 34 - 8/3/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 28 - 11/10/14

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I love the feelings that are developing between Max and Liz!
Sure sign it's meant to be when Liz doesn't even mind that her engagement ring was stolen....
Can't wait to see what is next for this group.
Thanks,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

She has a real ground now, to break up with her boyfriend! Her ring was stolen and she could tell him it was written in the sky, as she lost her engagement ring... :lol:

Anyway, I hope they will be found, otherwise they could stay alone there for one or more months...
People doesn't seem to be concerned because they disappear! :roll:

Thanks and looking for more impatiently! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Glad they are all safe!

Max has an Interesting background :shock: and I praise him who wants to stand on his own two feet. Love M&L's little get to know each other moment.

K&T's banter is a sign of frustration at each other with their own reasons :wink: I want to see how they find each other again in mind & soul :mrgreen: Can't wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Please come back with more M&M moment :D .
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
somewhere87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by somewhere87 »

Nice update, loving the friendship between Max/Maria. Can't wait for more Maria/Michael and the really reason he actres like a jerk. Loving Tess/Kyle <3
Michael: I NEVER wanted anyone else, I still don't..- BOYA
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

Well, it's nice to see Max & Liz already talking past the point of ...well, not really talking. And Kyle & Tess ...still funny! Poor Tess, being scared to let the water carry her to shore, but at least Kyle was there to help her out. :)
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

hoping to see an update soon!
HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

Loved the update! Really enjoyed the interaction between Max & Liz. Thank goodness they all made it to land, let's just hope they get picked up soon! Hurry back with more!

-Sarah-
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
HIS-&-HERS
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 29

Post by HIS-&-HERS »

Roswelllostcause: Well, at least they are back on solid ground, lol.

keepsmiling7: Yeah, you should miss a ring if it meant a lot, right? Speaks volumes!

begonia9508: Lol, we’re not sure Dean would accept such an apology for breaking the engagement.

Some day the will be found. ;)

SmileeUk: Cool, glad you liked it.

Lol, well K&T have to get over the state of frustration… they sure as hell are explosive.

M&M moment on the way…

somewhere87: There’s more M&M in this update… ;)

CandyliciousLovah: Kyle the hero of the day. ;)

HypnotiqBlueEyes: Hm… give them a little time on the island. It might get interesting. ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Chapter 29

Maria stood on the beach, watching her ex from several yards away with the aspirin and water still in her hands. Her first attempt to talk to him had ended in disaster, but while they had floated the water for hours she’d had enough time to think about his harsh reaction. And really – looking at it now, it shouldn’t have surprised her that much. Michael had always hated decisions that had been made for him. Tess has tricked him into this trip and it had pissed him off big time because he’d never wanted to see her in the first place. Who knew, maybe his story about the other woman wasn’t the truth. When things had gotten too much to bear he used to tell people anything to make them go away.

He looked peaceful now, yet lonely. His tee shirt and jeans lay spread on the beach to dry off while he sat near the shore in just his boxers – legs bent and lower arms resting on his knees.

“Alright,” she swallowed down her hurt feelings from earlier and forced her legs to move in his direction until she stood right behind him. “Looks like you’re stuck with us for a while longer.”

Michael closed his eyes for a moment when he recognized the voice of the person who had just approached him. “Yeah,” he snorted without looking at her, “unless there’s an airport on the island that we haven’t detected yet.” He was thankful he had agreed to go with them instead of waiting for the plane though. Rather was he stuck here with his sister and even his ex than having to worry about them from afar.

“Doubtful. Kyle just walked into the woods and came out on the other side of the island after less than half a mile.” She looked back towards the beach to the point where rows of palms built a pretty dark forest. “If we weren’t stranded here with nothing but the things we’re wearing it would be a really nice place.”

“Climate’s too muggy for my taste,” he shrugged.

Maria chuckled. “You’ve obviously never been in New York City during the summer.” As soon as the words were out she realized the meaning. Damn it! Of course he had never been there! Because he didn’t want to be!

He realized her slip as well and clenched his hands for a moment, but decided to ignore it and plow straight ahead. "Yeah. Summers always sucked in New Mexico as well. Nothing you’d have to worry about in Seattle. You just have to deal with all the damn rain," he rasped and they both fell silent for a long while. How the hell could he end up high and dry on a lonely island in the middle of the Indian Ocean with his ex and a bunch of old high school friends? And with no return ticket! Well, on a more positive note: They had at least found an island before dark. Floating in the ocean in the middle of the night with no light and three places short was at the top of his list of things to avoid. They had also made it over the reef without any serious injuries or so he hoped. “Your boyfriend okay?”

She was almost surprised when he spoke first again. “Max? Yeah, he just woke up and I think he still knows who he is and who I am, so he’ll be fine.”

“An’ you?” Michael glanced over his shoulder, looking at her for the first time since they had reached firm ground. Although he tried hard not to, he couldn’t avoid settling his gaze on her slim, bare legs.

Maria realized the direction of his eyes and tried desperately not to squirm under his stare. “I’m good other than still feeling like I’m swaying.” She shook her head slightly. “I’ve never been good at riding rollercoaster’s either.”

He chuckled and forced his gaze back to the ocean. “Yeah, I remember.”

“Your side looks like it might be hurt.” There were some bruises and scratches starting at his back and going over his left side. “I’ve got some aspirin for you. That’s all we have.”

He hardly felt anything other than a mixture of anger, hurt and worry. From afar, he could hear Valenti hollering things at his sister in order to build a shelter for the night and he knew he should help them since Maria’s boyfriend would be still too weak for that. He got to his feet and turned to faced her. “I’m okay. Keep it in case someone else needs it later. We don’t know how long we’re gonna be here.”

“You think we could be stranded for a while?” She bit her lip as her gaze automatically travelled over his bare upper body. The scratches moved to half of his front and ended right at the same place where a two or three inches long scar went down his stomach. It probably wasn’t that obvious when his skin wasn’t so read and irritated, but she was sure it hadn’t been there a few years ago.

Michael realized her attention had shifted, but he knew he couldn’t do anything to hide from her stare, so he tried to just move on. “Could be. It depends on wherever we are and how far away we are from our original destination. They should’ve noticed our absence by now, hopefully because of Isabel and Whitman, but that doesn’t mean they have a clue where to look immediately an’ the ocean isn’t really an easy place to search.” He walked over to his clothes and picked up his semi-dry tee shirt to put it on again. “Valenti’s right. We should work on some shelter. In this climate it’s going to rain more sooner than later an’ I’m not looking forward to spending the whole time being soaked.”

“Yeah, okay,” she agreed as he walked past her. “Hey, Michael,” Maria turned and looked after him.

He stopped without turning around. “What?”

“Do you think we could-” she sighed deeply. Why was she still having so many feelings for him after such a long time? And after he had left her the way he did? “I don’t wanna spend the time here fighting over the past.”

“Me neither,” he agreed. He should have made the peace offering, not her! She hadn’t done anything wrong. “We have other, more important things to worry about now.”

“Yeah,” she looked at him carefully. “Maybe we can forget what happened in the past for the time we’re here and try to work more as a team.”

“Sounds good.” He pointed over his shoulder towards Kyle and started to head off. If she wanted to ignore their past he’d be more than happy to do that for now. It didn’t mean he wanted to see her with her boyfriend. And it didn’t mean he wouldn’t still feel the sting in his heart whenever she crossed his mind.

Alex straightened when Isabel stepped out on the wooden jetty where their cabin set right above the water. She wore a cream white strapless dress which ended right above her knees and had a golden band at her middle. Her long blonde hair was braided to one side and in her hand she held a small golden purse.

“Wow,” he stuttered, his gaze travelling from her bare feet to her eyes and back again, “just… wow. You look… stunning.” How had he ended up with such a beautiful woman in only a day?

She smiled. “Thanks, you don’t look so bad either, Mr. Whitman.” He wore black chino pants, which were rolled up to a high point on his calves and a green short-sleeved button-down shirt that fit him perfectly. “Ready for dinner?”

He nodded. “Sure, I could have a bite.”

“There wasn’t any news about the others while I was in the shower, was there?” she asked hopefully.

“No, there-“ he frowned when a ringing sound came out of their cabin and a moment later he realized it was the phone. “Maybe there is now, let me get that.” He went back inside and answered the call quickly.

Isabel waited outside, listening to his words, but from the few ‘yes’ and ‘no’s’, she couldn’t make out if it was good or bad news.

“We’ll be right there,” he ended the call and stepped back out onto the jetty.

“Alex?” Isabel rushed to him when he didn’t say anything immediately. His face was somber and didn’t leave much hope for good news. “What’d they say?”

“That was the woman from reception.” He forced his gaze to her, wondering how he should tell her the news without having her freak out. “The crew of the other boat was found. They said thieves or drug dealers overpowered them on their way to the airport and took their boat. Luckily it happened in a busy spot, so another boat found the men while they were floating in the water. But,” he rubbed his head, “it probably means your friends boarded the boat with the thieves.”

“Oh, no,” Isabel gasped and Alex reached out to hold her.

“They said this’s happened before, not that long ago, but it was a different resort. It could be the same gang since they haven’t been found yet. They kidnapped vacationers from the airport, pretending to be the crew from the resort, and then those people were robbed and left somewhere in the ocean.”

“Gosh,” she felt her eyes water. Why did so many bad things happen in her life? All she had wanted was a nice vacation with her oldest friends and now they were all in danger. “What should we do? We need to look for them. It’s dangerous for them to be out on the water. There are sharks, right?”

“We shouldn’t think the worst right now,” Alex tried to calm her down. “The whole region is full of vacation resorts and stuff. Tons of boats are out there, so they have a very good chance of being found soon.”

She nodded against his chest, wanting to believe that he was right. “They must be so terrified. It’s dark.”

“I know,” he kissed her hair, “but maybe they’ve found land. There are a lot of small atolls here. And the girls have three guys with them.”

“Yeah,” she wiped her face and grimaced when she saw her mascara on her hands as well as on his shirt. “Sorry.”

“Don’t worry. I have TONS of shirts, Isabel.”

She chuckled quietly. “Good. I’m not very hungry anymore.”

“Me neither.” He grabbed her hand and squeezed it. “We could go to reception and give them a good description of them?”

“Good idea. I’ve got a photo from high school. Let me get it.”
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 29 - 12/16/14

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Nice that Alex and Isabel want to start looking for the gang right away. I got this feeling that things will start heating up for each couple very soon!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 29 - 12/16/14

Post by sarammlover »

Well at least there is a truce for the time being. And I am glad Isabel and Alex are safe on the mainland and can hopefully work to get everyone found! Great update!