Innocent Until Proven Guilty (AU,M/L,MATURE) Intro-Ch.4 03/25/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Innocent Until Proven Guilty (AU,M/L,MATURE) Intro-Ch.3 03/23/16

Post by begonia9508 »

At the moment, it is not looking good for Liz!

Did they (the police) took Liz's blood? Because she seems to have problems remembering what she was doing by Tess?... Could have been drugged or something likes that...

Anyway, looking for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Jesse is such an ass! But who is it that set Liz up? So glad Liz has Alex and Isabel on her side.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Jesse really is out for blood. Wonder what happened in the past to make him like that.
I'm with Isabel......what happened to her perfect brother having an affair??
I'll be glad to find out more about Max's affair......
Great story, and hurry back with more,
Carolytn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Jesse and whom? I am wondering who is behind Liz and why... Tess is dead so she can't be... maybe Ava?

Anyway, I can't at the moment see who is doing all of this! So I am waiting for more and thanks! EVE :shock:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswell_Dreamer86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Roswell_Dreamer86 »

A/N: Thank you all for the feedback, I'm hoping I'm still keeping you all interested in this story. I know how I want it to go but sometimes I can't seem to get it written well. So be patient with me, all your questions will be answered soon!

Ch. 4

I come walking down the stairs, drying my hair. It felt good to take a nice hot shower. I find Maria in the kitchen moving around. “Hey chica.” She says, “Feel better?”

I shrug, “Define better…I’m out on bail and pretty much on house arrest.” I tell her looking down as I rub my stomach.

“Hey…” Maria calls catching my attention, “We’re going to figure this out.” She promises me and I nod. She puts on a brave front but I know she’s just as scared as I am, “In the meantime, I made you some lunch. Gotta keep you and my godchild’s strength up.” She adds placing a plate at the kitchen counter.

I shake my head, “Maria, I’m really not hungry.”

“You have to eat Liz. Think of the baby.” She urges me. I give in and sit down to pick up the sandwich she made me. “I called the doctor for you, I got you a new appointment first thing tomorrow. We’ll go together.” She tells me with a smile on her face.

“Thanks Maria, I don’t know how…”

She stops me, “None of that Liz. Michael and I are always going to be there for you.” She pulls a chair up next to me, “And Max is too, you know?” I sigh, “I’m not too fond of the guy but he’s not giving up.”

“I know. I just…I can’t forgive him after what happened. He wasn’t the only one grieving. I was too.” I explain sadly. “Instead of seeking comfort with each other, he sought comfort with…with her.” I shake my head putting the sandwich down picking at the crust, “Now, I’m on trial for the murder of his mistress.” Maria pulls me into a hug as I start to cry. “I don’t understand how any of this could have happen.” I choke out.

We hear a key at the door and I quickly pull out of the hug so I can wipe my face of any evidence of my tears. We hear Michael come in with the others. “We’re home.” Michael yells.

Maria smiles, “We’re in the kitchen.” She hollers back as she stands up. Isabel and Alex come in the kitchen first. “Hi guys, how was your flight?” She asks as she hugs both of them.

“Long, I hate flying but it was worth it.” Isabel states as she walks over to me. “Liz, I’m so sorry.” She says hugging me. “Alex and I are going to do everything possible to help.”

I nod, “Thank you.”

Alex smiles at me, “Hey buddy.” He hugs me too and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

“Hey Alex. Thanks for coming.” I tell him. He nods and smiles. “I really appreciate it.”

“Of course Lizzie. I know you didn’t do this and we are going to prove it.” He tells me firmly. “I don’t want you to worry about a thing, leave that to Max and I. Just take care of that baby…” He says placing a hand on my stomach.

“Is…Is Max here?” I ask hesitantly.

Alex nods, “He’s in the living room with Michael, he wasn’t going to stay he said, didn’t want to upset you and just wanted you to rest today.”

I stand up and place a hand over his before walking to the living room, I hear Alex and the girls continue to chat away. I then hear Michael and Max whispering, “She isn’t going to like that idea.” Michael says sternly.

“It’s the only way I can get any more background on Tess.” I flinch at her name as Max says it. “I have to. I’d only be gone a day or two.”

I clear my throat, “Where are you going?”

Both heads shoot up and are surprised at me standing there, “Liz…” Max says calmly, “How are you?” I just nod. Seems like all I can do lately, “The baby?”

“I have an appointment tomorrow, Maria rescheduled it for me.” I explain to him. “She said she’d go with me.” Max frowns but nods, “Where are you going?” I ask him again.

He clears his throat, “I was planning on heading back to Tess’s hometown to see If I could track down her sister and get some background on her that we might be able to use.”

I freeze, “You’re going to meet her sister?”

“Liz, I’m just going to find out if there was anything that may help us.” Max tries to explain. “I wouldn’t be going until Monday, so if you’d like…I mean if you don’t mind, I’d like to be there at the appointment.”

I think about it a moment, “Okay.” He looks surprise. “On one condition…” Max looks at me confused, “I get to go with you, this is my life on the line and I want to find out what’s going on.”

Max and Michael both shake their heads, “Absolutely not.” Michael states, “That’s not a good idea Liz.”

“I agree with Michael, Liz. You’re pregnant and we have to tread lightly with this case.” Max explains.

I refuse, “I’ll stay out of the way but I’m going.” I tell them firmly, “You want to go to the appointment, I want to go with you and track down whatever I can to help my case.” I look at both of them crossing my arms, "Do we have a deal or not?"

TBC
There's no point going back to yesterday because I was a different person then...
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Innocent Until Proven Guilty (AU,M/L,MATURE) Intro-Ch.4 03/25/16

Post by Roswelllostcause »

They need to find out more about Tess. But Liz going is so not a good idea!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I'm still not understanding why Max had an affair with Tess to start with.'
And Liz doesn't remember anything........that sounds suspicious.
Sure hope Max can find out more about Tess and her background! Maybe he should have found that out before having an affair with her.
This is such a nightmare for Liz.
Hope the baby will not suffer for this.
Thanks,
Carolyn
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

I have just caught up & cannot agree more with Carolyn....
keepsmiling7 wrote:I'm still not understanding why Max had an affair with Tess to start with.'
And Liz doesn't remember anything........that sounds suspicious.
Sure hope Max can find out more about Tess and her background! Maybe he should have found that out before having an affair with her.
This is such a nightmare for Liz.
Hope the baby will not suffer for this.
Thanks,
Carolyn
I cannot wait to read more.
Thanks for your writing :)
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~