Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 60 & Epilogue Complete 7/3/17

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 15 5/18/17

Post by Natalie36 »

so izzy might drop some hints but she should give max the heads up on her father hitting her
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 15 5/18/17

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Yes the snow being dropped on Max's head was good. Maria calling Max prince boy is just a Maria thing to say. I doubt Isabel will drop hints. But he might get help from someone.

Natalie36 Don't count on Isabel helping her clueless brother!

Part 16 One month later

Liz looked around her quarters. Max had sent something to her every day since she moved in. Flowers, candy, jewelry. There were stuff animals. There were notes with them but he had yet to tell her what she wanted to hear the only thing that will make her forgive him.

"Yo Cornball, mind if I come in?"

Liz looked over to the door and smiled at Ava. Ava was the nicer of the Harding twins.

"Yeah come on in."
"Thanks."
"Are you excited about your wedding next month?"
"No. Liz, you do know I am being forced to marry Lord Sean DeLuca."
"Yeah I heard."
"So what is there to be happy about? He only wants to marry me cause I am young enough that he has a number of chances to get at least one son."
"I understand how you feel. If my father hadn't already signed my marriage contract Sean wanted me."
"I'm scared Liz. What if I am not able to give him a son?"
"Well, it wouldn't be your fault. Gender comes from then man's DNA."
"Weren't you studying law or something?"
"Yeah. But I made this friend who was studying medicine. She would tell me stuff she was learning."
"She isn't of our class is she?"
"No. But it didn't matter to me."
"Me neither. In fact I find some of the regular people much nicer to be around."
"I'm sure your father isn't happy about that."
"He doesn't know. He only speaks to me if he has something to tell me. Like to tell me that I have to marry Sean."
"I am sorry that you have ended up with him."
"Thanks. So what has his Royal Highness done to piss you off?"
"He didn't write me the whole time I was away."
"Damn! What reason he give?"
"Claimed that right after I left he was told he and I would marry. That he was under orders not to tell me of our engagement."
"That is so lame!"
"Tell me about it. All he had to do was tell me that he missed me."
"Liz, guys are stupid."
"That is true."

Max paced in his quarters. He had no idea what to do next to get Liz to forgive him.

"What's wrong Maxwell?" Asked his friend Michael
"Liz is still mad at me."
"Well that is not a surprise. You call yourself her best friend and didn't write her once in two years."
"Yeah I know I am a bad friend. Any ideas on how to get her to forgive me? I tried flowers, candy, notes stuff animals. You know stuff girls should like."
"I am the wrong guy to ask. But try a romantic dinner."
"Romantic dinner?"
"Yes women like crap like that."
"Let me guess Maria has drilled that into you."
"Yeah."
"Do you really think it will work?"
"It won't hurt to try. Besides Liz knows how you feel about her right?"

Max just remained silent. Michael looked at him and realize that Max really was stupid.

"Max! You have never told Liz that you love her?"
"I never thought I had too."
"Man you are a bonehead! How is it I know more about girls then you? Max, you need to set up a romantic dinner for you and Liz, then you need to tell her that you love her!"
"Tell her I love her?"
"You want Liz to forgive you right?"
"Yes! I am tired of her dumping water and snow on me."
"Then you know what you need to do."

Max sighed and he knew that this was not going to be easy.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 16 5/19/17

Post by max and liz believer »

Liz looked at the flowers then headed out on the balcony. She looked down and saw Max looking up with hopeful eyes. She glared at him and dropped a foot of snow on his head. She then turned and walked back in.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was just hilarious! The mental image this gave me :mrgreen:

Jeffrey is an asshole. Horrible horrible man. To treat his daughters that way. At least he did one thing right; he signed that contract to marry Liz to Max. That was good. But he didn't exactly do that for a good cause, more to get his daughter into the royal family *sigh*.

Come on, Max. Time to fess up and tell Liz exactly how you feel. You can do it.

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my! This Max is so naive! But I think that the fact he will be the King and more because - as prince - already People do everything for him, he expect that from Liz too!!!

He is going to get a wake-up call really soon, if he doesn't Change! :lol: :lol: :lol: EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

poor Ava has to marry Lord Sean..... she will probably have a tough time providing the son he wants....
Max gave Liz a lame excuse for not writing.
Who would of thought Michael would come through with such good advice??
Thanks,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Jo So glad that you liked Liz dropping the snow on Max. Jeffrey is a major asshole! It was good that he signed a contract for Liz to marry Max, but it was only so he can claim after the wedding that his daughter is the next Queen! Max takes Michael's advice here.

Eve Max is use to getting nearly everything he wants. But he also has known Liz her whole life and knows that she is not impressed by his title.

Carolyn Yes poor Ava being forced to marry Sean. She is not going to have a happy life with him. Max did give a very lame excuse for not writing. Yes who would have thought that Michael would have good advice!

Part 17

Liz turned when she heard a maid come out on the balcony.

"Lady Elizabeth, this note is from the prince." Said the maid.
"Thank you. You may go."
"Yes ma'am."

The maid left and Liz opened the note and read it.

*Liz my dearest,
I have given you no good reason to do what I am about to ask. But will you please meet me by the garden fountain for a private dinner just the two of us. At six tonight.
Your hopeful prince,
Max*

Liz sat down on the sofa in her sitting room and read the note again. He really hadn't given her a reason she should meet him. But she was going to do it anyway. Maybe just maybe he was finally going to tell her what she had been waiting to hear him say since that night on the beach and they had made love. Though she had to admit she hadn't told him how she felt either. She stood up and headed into her bedroom to start getting ready for dinner.

Max paced by the table that had been set up for his dinner with Liz. Now he just had to wait to see if she showed up. He stopped and looked down the cobble stone path when he heard the clicking of a woman's heels on it. He smiled as Liz came into view. She was dressed in a dress that fell just below her knees, dark pink in color and with short sleeves. On her feet were a pair of sandals that matched the dress with a low heel. Her hair was down except for the sides which were pulled back with a gold hair clip. She wore a pair of diamond earrings that he had given her as a way to try and win her back.

"You look beautiful Liz." Said Max
"Thank you. You look nice too."
"Thank you. I realized something after talking to Michael."
"Michael?"
"Well yeah. He is not as dumb as people think."
"Really?"
"It was his idea to invite you to a private dinner."
"It was a good idea."
"Well you know he and Maria are engaged."
"I remember hearing about that."
"Yeah, well you know Maria."
"Yeah. She would have ranted at him until he got it in his head what she thought was acceptable for him to do on a date."
"Right. Liz, I talked to him a little and he pointed out that I was an idiot for not only for not writing to you. But for not telling you how I feel about you."
"How do you feel?"
"How I feel about you isn't easy to say. I feel like I would be lost without you. That you are the best thing to ever happen to me. That life is so much better with you around. Even when you are pissed at me so you soak me or try to freeze me."
"If I had been trying to freeze you, I would have frozen you in a block ice."
"That is true. But Michael pointed out that I should have told you something a long time ago."
"What is that?"
"Well Lady Elizabeth Anne Parker, he said that I should tell you that I love you. I have loved you for a very long time. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me for being a fool and a jerk."

Liz looked at him. She could tell that he was being honest with her.

"I love you too."
"You do?"
"Yeah. Max do you really think I would have risked everything by making love to you if I didn't?"
"Not with your father. Liz, Isabel told me he hit you."
"He did."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I don't know. Uh let's just enjoy our dinner."
"Liz, I want you to know that if he lays a hand on you again he will be punished."
"Thank you."

They sat down to dinner and spent the meal talking and getting to know each other again. Then they went a walk in the garden together.

TBC

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 17 5/20/17

Post by max and liz believer »

Good man, Max :D

And Jeffrey… Beware!

Great part <3

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Finally Max......was that really so hard to do?
Men?????
Of course it is only important if he sincerely means it.......and I think Max does.
Hope things go better for Max and Liz now.
Thanks,
Carolyn
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

yeah he finally got it right and I hope jeff does get punished
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Jo Max really is a good man, stupid sometimes but a good man. Of yes Jeffrey beware! The prince knows what you did and is not happy about it!

Carolyn Max does mean it, so I think things will be going a lot better for Max and Liz from now on.

Natalie36 Yes Max finally got it right. As for Jeffrey, he will be getting a visit from his prince soon.

Part 18

Max walked Liz to the hall that led to her quarters after their walk in the garden.

"Well this is as far as I can go." Said Max
"Yeah." Said Liz
"So uh do you forgive me for being so stupid?"
"I really shouldn't. But yes. All I wanted was for you to tell me that you love me. You know what my parents are like."
"Yeah. Liz, I am sorry. I promise that I will never leave you wondering about how I feel again."
"You better not. Or you know what will happen."
"You will either drown me or freeze me."
"I can't help it if I got cool powers."
"Yeah right."

Liz just smiled at him. Max pulled Liz into his arms and gave her a passionate kiss. Liz wrapped her arms around Max's neck and returned it with all the passion she had. They broke when the need for air became to great. They said goodnight, Liz headed down the to her quarters and Max headed in the direction of his.

Maria took a deep breath and knocked on the door to her stepsister Carolyn's room.

"Come in."

Maria opened the door to find Carolyn reading.

"Carolyn?"
"What can I do for you Maria?"
"Do you have feelings for Christopher Parker?"
"Does it matter? I will marry him regardless."
"Are you afraid that he could be like his father?"
"Chris is nothing like his bastard of a father."
"How do you know?"
"Maria, let's be honest. You want to talk about what is going on between you and Michael."
"OK you got me. I am in love with him. I mean I had to school him on how to be a good mate."
"Well, I believe he cares for you."
"Really?"
"Yes. Tell me has he told you how he feels?"
"Yeah. He told me he loves me."
"You should believe it. Michael is not the kind of guy that just admits to anyone how he feels."
"I guess you are right."
"Maria, I know that you have not had an easy time adjusting to your mother marrying my father three years ago."
"You are right."
"I wasn't too happy about it myself. I felt like my father was trying to replace my mother. But I have gotten pass that. You should never be afraid to come to me for advice. I do care about you."
"Thanks Carolyn."
"Call me Care. We are family after all."
"I wish Kyle would see it that way."
"Kyle is a guy. Sometimes you got to hit them over their heads to get through to them."
"That is true."
"So did you hear that your cousin Sean is going to marry Ava Harding?"
"Yeah I feel bad that she is going to be trapped in a loveless marriage."
"It is not the first and most likely will not be the last."
"I know."
"My father did not love my mother when they married. But I think they grew to love each other over time."
"Well you know our prince is in love with Liz."
"She loves him as well. It has been that was since they were young. I spent time with both of them as children. Kyle and Michael got in trouble a couple of times as kids. Made comments about this really horrible dress that Liz's mother forced her to wear. That was the first time we found out that she could control the weather. She froze the lake with them in it."
"Liz? Really? I thought she was sweet most of the time."
"She is. Unless you piss her off."
"Such as being her close friend and not sending one letter in the two years she is away at school?"
"Yep. Hopefully Max will get himself out of the doghouse with her soon."
"So back to you and Chris."
"I like Chris a lot. I don't know if it is love. But I am sure I will be happy with him. Now an odd match is Serena with Kyle."
"A guardian and soldier? Yeah that is odd."
"Well Lord Parker arranged all the marriages before any of his children before they turned ten. Liz was only five."
"Well I am glad my marriage wasn't until a year ago."
"True."
"Care, I am enjoying this."
"Me too Ria."

Maria smiled and the two young women continued to talk.

TBC