Double Vision (CC, Adult, M/L) Epilogue - Complete 3/8/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Double Vision (CC, Adult, M/L) Chapter 8 & 9 12/6/2018

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Chapter Seven
Crashdown

“Liz, do you have a twin you never told me about?”

“Maria, are you sure you are only sniffing oils? I don’t have a twin.”

“Well I think I found your doubleganger. Everyone is supposed to have one at least that is what my mom says.”

“Well what did my doubleganger look like?”

“Have you ever thought of adding purple and silver to your hair a few tattoos or piecing your lip and eyebrow?”

“No, I don’t think it would be a good look for me.”

“You would be surprised, that girl pulled it all together. Well enough about the doubleganger. I doubt we will ever see her again. How did things go with a certain someone?”

“The same. He will not let me go and follow his duty. He is still holding on to the dream of us together. It just can’t be he has a destiny and it’s not me.”

“Why are you so stubborn about this Liz? It is obvious the boy is still madly in love with you, Liz Parker.”

“It can’t be Maria, and the subject is closed.”

Maria knew Liz better than anyone. Something was going on with her. Something other than her sense of duty was preventing her from getting back together with Max. Even if she couldn’t be happy with her alien, she was going to do what she could to get Max and Liz back together.
UFO Museum

“I asked you a question, who are you? You look just like my Liz, but I know you’re not her. I just left her,” Max said.

“You look just like my Zan. I’m not this Liz you speak of but I’m Ava. I’m from the other set of clones. My group is from New York. I came to warn you. Your sister and second from my set have come to bring you to New York with them for a summit meeting called by Kivar. Zan and I believed it was a trap. They killed my Zan because he wouldn’t go to the summit,” Ava stated.

Max could not believe it. Ava, the name that haunted his dreams the last few nights. She looked like Liz. She had some of Liz’s same mannerisms as she currently biting her lower lip due to nerves.

“Who were you to Zan,” Max had to know.

“Everything. I was his wife and queen on Antar and on Earth. We completed our bonding ceremony on our fourteen birthdays on earth. He will always be my husband and bonded mate,” Ava informed him.

Max’s head was spinning. Was it possible that Liz was his true mate? Was Tess just an imposture? Had the last six months of his life been a horrible lie?

“I’m sorry you look just like my former completely human girlfriend. She is not alien. She was not in our pods. I would know. So, are you a shapeshifter or a skin,” Max asked.

“You need to believe me. I risked my life coming across the country with two killers to try to save you. Connect with me. I will show you that I’m who I claim to be,” Ava wanted him to listen to her.

She was wearing Liz’s face. He could never deny her anything. “Okay, let’s get this over with” Max responded.

Max quickly formed a connection by placing his hands on each side of her face. He witnessed her emerging from the pod to have Zan waiting for her. He witnessed the treatment she received from Michael and Isabel’s doubles. He witnessed her first kiss and her powers awakening. He witnessed the private ceremony the pair shared before bonding the relationship permanently. How he longed to do the same with his own Liz. He witnessed the arguments over the summit and Zan’s death.

Ava saw Max emerge from his pod with his Lonnie and Rath but his Ava was not present. She witnessed him being taken in by a human family. She witnessed the first time he found his Ava on the school playground. She witnessed him healing his Ava and their first kiss.

“I’m sorry I doubt you. I was drawn to my Liz the first time I saw her. I’m so sorry for your loss,” Max told her as he gathered in his arms and offered her some comfort.

“What do we do now,” Ava asked him.

“You need to share all this information with my Liz,” Max stated.

“I’m going to clock out. We are going to go to my house and get some supplies. The three of us are going out of town. There is another alien in town that claims to be my mate. I believe if Tess would see you, both you and my Liz would be in danger.”

Max’s first call was to Michael. He left a message telling him that he needed to get out of town for a few days and to cover for him. He would give him the details later. Since Isabel was out of town, he didn’t bother to tell her he was leaving town. After gathering clothes, toiletries and camp supplies from the house, he and Ava went to see Liz.
Last edited by RoswellFan68 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Double Vision (CC, Adult, M/L) Chapter 7 12/3/2018

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Finally Ava found Max and told him the truth. So glad Max believed everything Ava told him. Great thinking on Max getting Micheal to leave town for a couple of days. Hopefully Max, Ava can get Liz to believe them. What will happen with Isabel, Alex, Maria, Kyle while Max, Liz and Micheal are gone?

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Double Vision (CC, Adult, M/L) Chapter 7 12/3/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

They say we all have a twin somewhere..........so we find out Liz indeed does have a special twin.
I'm anxious to see how Max reacts from this point forward.....
Thanks,
Carolyn
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Double Vision (CC, Adult, M/L) Chapter 8 & 9 12/6/2018

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Chapters Eight and Nine (Chapter Eight was a little short)

Chapter Eight

Liz’s Balcony

Max and Ava drove back to the Crashdown. Max parked in the alley. Liz just had to listen to him and Ava. It would change everything.

“Liz, we need to talk. Can me and a friend come up,” Max asked.

“Sure Max, Mom and Dad went to Santa Fe to complete Grandma Claudia’s will,” Liz told him.

Max started up the fire escape with Ava on his heels. Max easily scaled the wall and helped Ava over the wall.

Liz got one look at Ava and turned pale. She was looking at her double. Minus the purple and silver hair, piercings and tattoos she was looking at her twin. The doubleganger that Maria was talking about. It wasn’t just a figment of Maria’s imagination. Was she a future version of herself? What was she doing in Roswell? “Who is she. Is she a shapeshifter” Liz asked.

“I’m Ava. The clone of Zan’s bride on Antar. I was the last to emerge from the pods in New York. I married Zan’s clone on earth on our fourteenth birthdays.”

With those words, Liz’s world faded to black. Max was there to catch her before she hit the ground. He cursed himself. He should have known it would be a complete shock to run into your double.

“Liz, sweetheart please wake up. Liz, I swear we can trust her. She is on our side.” He was tempted to kiss her, but he kept himself in control.

“Max, it’s you. I have the weirdest dream to go along with all the other weird dreams I have had this week. There was this girl claiming to be your wife on Antar, but she looked like me. Well the punked out version of me. She said she was married to Zan on Antar and on Earth. I have been having dreams about Zan all week.”

“I’m sorry to spring it to like this. We have a lot to talk about but it’s not really safe for you or Ava to be in town right now.” Max knew if Tess knew that her status as an imposture was exposed who knows what she would be capable of. “I have Michael covering for me. You can call Maria from the Jeep. Pack a bag we will go to my parent’s cabin. You and Ava can get to know each other. I think you have a lot more in common than you think.”

Ava watched the two. How she longed to be in Zan’s arms once again. Looking at the two she could tell they had not yet completed their bonding. Both their auras seem troubled. It was obvious to her they both cared for each other, but something was in between them. She also knew neither one would come into their full powers until the bond was completed. While Liz was in the bathroom, Ava decided she would add a few things to Liz’s bag.

Chapter Nine
“Maria, if my parents call, just tell them I’m in the shower. I didn’t want to spend the night alone at the Crashdown. No, I can’t tell you what is going on because I really don’t know. I promise I’m okay. I’m with Max and a friend. No, you don’t know the friend, but I have a feeling you will soon. She wants to talk to you Max,” Liz informed him.

“Maria, It’s Max. Yes, Liz and I really needed to get away. No, we couldn’t stay at the Crashdown. Yes, I have very good reasons for us leaving town. Yes, I promise to tell you as soon as we get back to town. Yes, I promise to look after her and protect her with my life. Look I will let you talk to Liz,” Max said as he gave the phone back to Liz.

“Maria, I really would like to talk more but I need to watch my minutes. Thanks Maria. You’re the best friend a girl could ask for,” Liz told her friend as she ended the call.

Not much conversation occurred in the Jeep after that call on the way to the cabin. Liz was still in shock. This girl claimed to be the clone of Ava the bride of Zan on Antar. Zan, Max’s former self, the man she had been dreaming of the last week, her future. She said she married the New York version of Max at fourteen. Michael did find out from the retired army officer there were eight pods. So, it could be true. This could be the reason why wasn’t a genetic match with her parents. Why didn’t they tell her? Did they even know where she came from? How did they get her? Max’s parents found him after he emerged from the pod? Why did her parents never share that bit of news with her? Was she really meant to be with Max? Did she have alien abilities herself? What about Future Max? Did he know I was the real Ava? Obviously, he didn’t. Was Future Max even real? Could Future Max be a figment of Tess’s imagination? How on earth was she ever going to tell Max about Future Max? All these questions were giving her a headache.

Ava was surprised how easily Max trusted her after they connected. She basically shared that if he didn’t go to the summit with his sister and general’s double would likely to kill him. She didn’t feel the same way about Max as Zan, but she could see the similarities between the two of them. He was just as concerned with Liz as Zan had always been with her.

Max was filled with relief. His dreams about Ava made sense now. He wasn’t dreaming of Tess but dreaming of Liz. He couldn’t stop thinking that Liz was his true mate. He had always known it. From the moment he saw her in third grade, he couldn’t get her out of his mind. He was willing to give up everything when she was shot. He had to save her even if it cost him his life. He never felt anything real about Tess. Yes, he had kissed her, but it lacked any real feelings. That message in the cave hurt his soul. He knew Liz was who he was meant for. The idea of Tess as his bride turned his stomach. A part of him thought his eyes had played a trick on him the night he found Kyle in Liz’s bed. That entire week, Max wanted to forget. First, she tried to set him up with Tess. Then, she gave him Romeo and Juliet speech. She claimed she didn’t want to die for him but the very weekend she went to Copper Summit with him. He had been so cruel to accuse her of working with the enemy. She told him in no uncertain terms that she and Kyle made love. That is incorrect she doesn’t love Valenti so it could only be sex. She doesn’t talk to Kyle any more than she did before that night. They are not dating. Which he didn’t think he could tolerate seeing. There is more to this story. If Liz is my true mate, then she doesn’t have to pretend anymore.

Back in Roswell
Tumbleweed Hotel
“Babe, there is nothing like hot alien sex,” Rath told Lonnie after their coupling.

“You got that right. So, do you think it will take much to get my cornball brother to come to New York with us,” Lonnie inquired.

“We will make the retard ask. She is the grieving widow after all. Zan would do anything for Ava. His dupe will probably feel the same way,” Rath said.

“I like the way you think. You ready for round three,” Lonnie asked.

“You know I am baby,” Rath said with a growl before attacking Lonnie neck.

Michael’s apartment

“I’m telling you Michael something is up. Max is heading out of town on a school night with Liz. I was working at the Crashdown tonight, I saw a girl that I swear was Liz’s twin. The girl may have had purple hair and tattoos, but she looked like Liz. She was staring at both Max and Liz until she saw me.”

“Maria, I think you have been sniffing too much oil. Max and Liz can barely stand to be in the same room with each other now.”

“I’m telling you something is going on. We should all be on alert. Goodnight Michael, I will see you at school tomorrow.”
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Double Vision (CC, Adult, M/L) Chapters 8 & 9 12/6/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I hope Max will be very careful and not let on that Tess is the imposture.....
Was Future Max real or not?? Will we find out??
Max is finding out who his true mate is.......
Maria and Michael are concerned about Max and Liz's trip out of town....
Can't wait to get the answers to these questions.
Thanks, Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow that was a shock for Liz. Glad Liz decided to go and listen to Max and Ava. So glad that Micheal and Maria are covering for Max and Liz. Thinking Liz is going to have a few surprises coming to her.wondering if Liz can handle them. Agree with Maria everyone needs to be on alert ready for anything that comes their way.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

This is interesting. Oh if Tess finds out that she has been discovered as a plant all hell is going to break out. Trust Liz to figure out that she was adopted without being told. Jeff and Nancy will have some explaining to do when Liz confronts them!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Come back with more really soon.

L-J-L 76
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Double Vision (CC, Adult, M/L) Chapter 10 12/11/2018

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Chapter Ten
Some language from “The End of the World”
Evans Cabin (Late Thursday Night)

“I picked up a few groceries for the morning. I turned on the propane hot water heater, so the water will be hot in morning as well. Liz do you want to talk about everything now or wait until the morning,” Max asked.

“Max, I have so much going through my mind right now I would never get any sleep. I need to know. This is my life we are talking about.”

“Ava, tell her everything. There are still things I’m not sure about.”

“I’m the clone of Ava from Antar. I was Zan’s bride on Antar and here on Earth.”
“Did you just say the word Zan? I have been having dreams I can’t remember but Zan was the name. For some reason I felt comfort with the name. I was so confused about why,” shared Liz.

“I’m not surprised. I have been calling out to Max this week in my dreams. I must have called out to you as well. We do have connection since we are genetically the same.”

“That explains my dreams as well. I thought I was remembering being in love with Ava on Antar. It scared me to think I had feelings for Tess. I think that is why I had to share my dream of our life together at dinner tonight, Liz.”

“I only gave Max a brief explanation. We emerged from our pods in 1989. It was just the four of us, Zan, Rath, Lonnie and me. We did have a so-called protector, but he was more interested in his career as a movie producer to take care of four kids. He was in and out of our lives most of the time. Zan looks just like your Max. The others look just like Rath and Lonnie.

Zan and I retained some of our memories. For some reason, I didn’t get my powers as soon as everyone else. Rath and Lonnie picked on me because of this. But Zan, Zan was different. We had a bond from the first day. He was always looking out for me. The two of us loved to learn so we were always going to the library together. We continued in our studies after the protector left. We went to the library and studied us much as we could. When Zan finally kissed me at age twelve, I started to develop my powers. Slowly we both fully recovered our memories from Antar.

Lonnie and Rath were different. It was like they both received all Rath and Vilondra’s bad traits. Rath and Lonnie started having sex when they were thirteen. They never bonded. I had to start sharing Zan’s bed because one night Rath got into my bed wanting sex. Zan and I had already started forming a connection. He felt my panic and got to my room to kick Rath out. Zan never took advantage of the situation. On our fourteenth birthdays we decided to repeat our bonding ceremony. We accepted each other as our bonded mates. Our people mate for live, if the bonding ceremony is performed. Zan and I fully developed our powers after our bonding. We didn’t share this information with Rath or Lonnie. They were both out of control. We both knew that they could not manage more power reasonably. We received an invitation to a summit with people of our system. Khivar does not want peace; he wants Vilondra as his bride, so he has a legal claim to the throne. Of course, Zan would need to be dead. Zan and I knew it was a set up. Zan refused to go. I failed him. I didn’t get a vision. They killed him. Somehow, they knew about you four. I think Lonnie is working with Nicholas again. He is Khivar’s general. They came to Roswell to get Max to return for the summit.”

Liz didn’t hesitate. She gathered her duplicate up in her arms. “It’s okay. It’s not your fault. It’s Rath and Lonnie’s fault. You are not responsible for Zan’s death. Do you hear me? It’s not your fault. I need to thank you for taking a chance to try to protect my Max. I don’t want to think what I would do if I lost Max.”

Max just watched the two women together. His heart sang. She called him my Max. She still loved him.

“I hate to break you two up, but do you think that Liz is the fourth member of my group?”

“Max, you look like my Zan and we know that others look like Rath and Lonnie. It makes sense that your Ava would look like me.”

“Max, you said you recognized me from the moment you first saw me your first day of school. Isabel said you both knew that Michael was the boy you separated from in the desert. I really think I’m your mate.

After biology class last year, I have been questioning if my parents are my birth parents. Both my parents have blue eyes. I have brown eyes. I thought I could be adopted but there are photos of my mother pregnant in my baby album. I thought my mother may have cheated on my father. Or maybe the hospital switched me with another baby. That is one of the reasons I spent the summer in Florida. I couldn’t believe that my parents have been lying to me all this time.”

“Liz, one day you will need to ask your folks but I’m more worried about your safety now that Ava is here. I have been having dreams I can’t remember all the details of week. The only thing I recall is Ava and how much I loved her. I thought I was losing my mind. The thought of me being in love with Tess distress me. Ava’s presents proves to me that Tess is not the real Ava. I never felt anything towards her. It was always you Liz. I want us to try again. I don’t care about Kyle. I know if anything happened, which I don’t believe, he didn’t mean anything to you.”

Liz breaks down crying. Rocking back and forward, Max moves to take her in his arms. “I forgive you. We can start over. I love you. It doesn’t matter that you shared that one night with Kyle.”

“Why did he do it? Why did I have to break both our hearts, if I was the real mate? Was he real or was it one of Tess’ sick mind games? What did I do Max?”

“Who are you talking about, Liz? What happened? Did someone threat you? Who was it?”

“Max, connect to me. Please, I can’t explain easily what happened, but you need to know.”

Ava sensed that this was a private moment between the two. She left to find a bathroom. Whatever was going on between the two was big.

Max took Liz’s face in his large hands. He slowly moved his head down to start the kiss. He was thankfully that she did not object to the connection being formed this way. It started as a spark but soon ignited into an inferno. He saw all their moments together and knew all of her thoughts and feelings with each; the first day of school, the first day as lab partners, the healing, the first kiss, the passion of the orb, confessing their love for each other, walking away at the cave, returning to Roswell. Then there were images he was not familiar with: the visitor in black leather, his request, her heartbreak, the speech, the setup with Kyle, the dance with leather-clad version of him, seeing Ava, and the hope that she was his real destiny.

One thing stays clearly in his head: “Don't you realize what you are to me...and you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There'll never be another you.”

“It’s okay Liz. It going to be okay. We have another chance to make it right.”

“You’re not mad I have been lying to you for the last month?”

“You were put into an impossible situation. You had to pick between me and the world. I don’t think I could have made that choice. I’m sorry I ever doubted your love for me.”

“Was it real, Max? Did you learn the song from Mr. Delgado? Was he wrong about the future? Did he know that I’m really Ava’s clone?”

“I’m sure it was real. If he knew your identity, he never would come up with such a crazy idea. The idea that I could ever fall out of love with you absurd. You changed the timeline somehow. Ava never came to Roswell in the other time line.”

“Can you forgive me for putting you through this for the last month? Will you give us another chance?”

“I love you Liz Parker and I will spend the rest of my life proofing that to you.” With that statement Max pulled Liz into a kiss. Six months of passion is unleashed. Both were absorbing all their flashes of their good times together. Liz then experienced all of Max’s pain from the separation. Max once again experienced all Liz’s dealings with Future Max. They are still kissing when Ava returns to the room.

“Am I interrupting?”

“I’m sorry Ava. I forgot you were here. That was so rude of me. It must be hard to see the two of us together,” Liz told her double.

“Please, don’t worry about me. I’m tougher than I look. I’m just glad you to worked out your differences. You both look happier. Both your auras have improved greatly. Did you get everything worked out between the two of you?”

“How much do you know about the Granolith being used for time travel,” Liz asked Ava.

“The granolith is capable of many things, but I didn’t think time travel was one of them. Do you know something that I don’t?”

“About a month ago I received a visit from Max from 14 years in the future. He used the granolith after me and a future friend Serena modified it. He wanted me to break Max’s heart, so he would turn to Tess. He believed that she was needed for the four-square. How did Future Max not know my identity when we had been married for at least twelve years?”

“Our protector did some limited work was us to unlock our memories. If you never had that you may never have triggered them. His visit may have been so painful for the two of you that it started the process. With my searching for Max I probably enhanced the process.”

“So, you’re saying that if Future Max didn’t come, I may never have known that Liz was always meant to be my mate.”

“Something must have happened to Ava in the last time line as well. Just meeting her we both would have known, I was you mate Max.”

“Have you had any interactions with other aliens since Future Max’s visit?”

“I decided after Congresswoman Whitaker’s death we needed to Copper Summit. I dragged Liz along with us since she interned with the congresswoman. We destroyed the skins husks. The skins produced a time field in Roswell and tried to kill us.”

“If you Liz were together at the time would you have risked your life and hers on such a mission?”

“No, I never would have thought going to a potential enemy camp was a great idea. I wasn’t thinking straight after Liz did what she needed to do with Future Max.”

“The skins are the ones requesting the summit on Khivar’s behalf. There was no need for one until their husks were destroyed. Zan and I were planning on leaving New York in a few weeks. We were tired of putting up with Rath and Lonnie. We were going to start a new life without them. Lonnie was the one that said she knew you four were in Roswell. The day after Zan was killed she was already planning on coming and getting you. She had to know of your existence for some time. I wouldn’t have known unless Lonnie knew. If there was no summit, I never would have had a reason to come looking for you.”

“I’m so sorry, Ava that it took you loosing Zan for us to find each other. I always felt I was missing a sibling.”

“I’m okay. We still have some things we should discuss. Do either of you have any memories of Antar?”

“That would be a no for me. Up until you showed up on my balcony, I thought I was human.”

“Max?”

“Other than the dreams, I have had this week, no. I really don’t remember the dreams.”

“Okay, will give you both a little history. Initially Zan was unofficially pledged to bond with a neighboring crown princess, Kyvra. Zan and Kyvra were not very compatible from the beginning, even as kids. Then her father re-bonded after her mother’s death and a son was born. Kisva is not a forward-thinking planet and the younger brother, Khivar, would now be the crown prince. Khivar was unofficially pledged to bond with Vilondra. The problem was both Kyvra and Khivar wanted both thrones, Antar and Kisva. Zan’s father realized that Zan and Kyvra were not compatible and never announced a commitment. Zan met Ava at military school. They became friends quickly. Soon, it was clear to all they were deeply in love and Ava would be the perfect queen for Zan. Ava and Zan were basically caught between to two power hungry siblings. Both Kyvra and Khivar wanted to rule Antar. Kyvra through Zan and Khivar through Vilondra. When the coup occurred, Zan, Ava, Rath and Vilondra were dead at the hands of Kyvra and Khivar. We know Khivar is ruling the planet, but I don’t know what happened to Kyvra.”

“Wow. That is a lot to take in. What happens now?” For a change it was Max asking the question.

“We will have a lot of work ahead of us. Liz is going to need her power’s unlocked and trained before we face our enemies. I know this is a personal question but are you both ready to bond?”
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Double Vision (CC, Adult, M/L) Chapter 10 12/11/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Wow......that was a lot to take in!
I don't blame Max for being scared of possible feelings for Tess.
So Kyvra and Zan were never compatible.......that's good and for a reason too.
I like the direction this story is taking now.
Thanks,
carolyn