Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Epilogue Complete 4/13/19

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 21 2/3/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So it is not just Serena and Taylor that want Max and Liz to be together. The parents and friends all want them to be together. The way Max, Ashee, Liz are with each other is very sweet. It is like they are a family.Max and Liz should try and get to know each other like Max suggested. Hopefully Max will break through the wall Liz has around her heart. Max and Liz need to sit down and talk more.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

This is not going to be easy.........
Mrs. Evans and Ashlee are on Max's side,
everyone except Liz. What will it take for her to see the light??
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

L-J-L 76 Oh it most definitely isn't just Taylor and Serena that want Max and Liz get together.

Carolyn Don't be so sure that Liz deep down doesn't want Max. Something from the past will come out soon. Like how they actually met!

Part 22

Liz watched as Taylor ran around the apartment getting ready for her date. Ashlee was sitting at the kitchen table eating her dinner of grilled chicken strips, macaroni and cheese and baby carrots. Liz was finishing making her own dinner a grilled chicken salad using the same strips her daughter was eating. Ashlee was a good eater for being only three. There were very few vegetables she wouldn't eat. Though if Liz was honest with herself she didn't like her daughter's least favorite either. Brussel sprouts and peas, were just gross in her opinion. Though Liz did like pea pods in her salad.

“Taylor, relax Ryan is a nice guy.” Said Liz
“I know. It's just been a while since I went on a date.” Said Taylor
“You will be fine. Did he say where he is taking you?”
“Chez Mario's, over on Sunset.”
“That place is really nice.”
“It is also expensive. I really hope he isn't trying to impress me with his family's money.”
“That isn't Ryan's style. Tay, he may have come from the gated community of Roswell Heights, but he isn't into trying to impress anyone. He is an stockbroker right?”
“Yeah he works for his dad's company.”
“He must be doing a good job.”
“Yeah. Liz, thanks. I know that you aren't happy about Serena and me setting up that meeting with Max this morning.”
“You're right. We will be talking about that. But I want you to have a good time tonight. So we will leave it alone for now.”

Just then the buzzer went off for the door to the building. Taylor went and pressed the intercom button.

“Yes?” asked Taylor
“Hi Taylor, it's Ryan.”
“Come on up.”

Taylor hit the button that opened the door. A few minutes later Ryan knocked on the door. Taylor smiled as she opened the door to find Ryan standing there holding a bouquet of pink carnations. Liz who was watching from the kitchen couldn't hide her smile. Ryan sure did his homework on her cousin. Taylor unlike most girls or women never cared for roses. She actually hated red roses. Taylor loved carnations, pink ones were her favorite.

“Ryan, I love pink carnations.” Said Taylor
“I am glad you like them. I must say you look beautiful.” Said Ryan

Liz watched as Ryan stood next to Taylor. Ryan was six foot five inches tall with a slender build, though he had filled out nicely since high school. He was clean shaven and his dark blond hair was cut short and neat. He had green eyes that sparkled when he looked at Taylor. Taylor was a foot shorter with dark hair like Liz and brown eyes. Ryan was wearing a black tailored Gucci suit with black wingtip shoes. Taylor was dressed in a midnight blue dress with matching heels.

“Thank you. My dress is ok for tonight isn't it?”
“More then ok. Taylor, I know that you most likely haven't gone to a restaurant this nice before. I want you to know I only chose it because it's quite and will make it easier for us to talk and really get to know each other.”
“I would enjoy that.”

Liz stepped out of the kitchen then and took Taylor's flowers to put in water. She would then leave them on Taylor's desk near her computer.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 22 2/4/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I'm waiting for that break through with Liz and their association during high school
In the meantime, Taylor and Ryan are off to a lovely evening.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 22 2/4/19

Carolyn Sorry you are going to be kept wait a bit longer.

Part 23

Serena smiled across the table at Kyle. He had brought her to dinner at a restaurant in Hondo rather then the same old places in Roswell. She knew something was up but wasn't going to say anything yet.

“Does Liz know that you and Taylor set her and Max up to meet this morning?” asked Kyle
“Yeah. She is not happy with either of us. But is making us sweat it out for a little while.”
“She will forgive you.”
“But it's not like her to make us sweat it out. Normally she gives us a piece of her mind right away.”
“Well isn't tonight Taylor's first date with Ryan Turner?”
“Yes. I never understood why they never dated in high school. Ryan is a sweet guy. His mother is a real bitch. But he has always been cool.”
“True, and they both feel the same way about premarital relations.”
“Well, well nice to know that you aren't just a dumb jock. Premarital relations?”
“Well, Miss Business woman you did fall in love with me.”
“True.”
“Serena, I want you to know that I do know you aren't my mom. You are this smart, kind, beautiful and sexy woman. A woman that I can't imagine my life without.”
“Kyle, I love you. But, I want a family. I know that you love me. But I can't go on like we have been. You are the only one I have ever been with. You are the only one I ever wanted to be with. My sixteenth birthday is one I will never forget. I gave you the most special gift I could give anyone.”
“I remember. Serena, I am ready to make a permanent commitment to you. I guess what I am trying to say is Serena Rose Parker will you make me the happiest man in Roswell and marry me?”
“Kyle, if you are doing this so I move back in with you then it isn't going to work.”
“Serena, I seriously want to marry you.”

Kyle pulled the ring box from his pocket and showed Serena the ring that Maria had helped him pick out. She stared at the ring. It was her dream ring. The ring that only two people knew about. Her twin that she couldn't hide anything from, and Maria DeLuca.

“I needed help picking it out. So I asked Maria, seeing as she is my stepsister and all. She said you would love it.”
“It's the ring I have always wanted. You really do want to marry me.”
“I wouldn't be asking if I didn't. Rena, you know I never do anything that I don't want to do. So will you be Mrs. Kyle James Valenti?”
“Yes.”

Kyle took the ring out of the box and placed it on her finger. They kissed and the couples at the near by applauded.

“What do you say we head home to celebrate?” asked Serena
“Sounds good to me. We can tell our families tomorrow.”
“Yeah.”

Kyle paid the bill and they got in his car and headed back to their apartment and made love long into the night.

TBC

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 23 2/5/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Sweet proposal by Kyle.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

So happy for Kyle and Serena.......
Now if we can just get Liz to give in just a little.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

RoswellFan68 Thank You.

Carolyn Yes we are happy for Kyle and Serena. Who said Liz doesn't feel something for Max? Well it's a bit earlier then high school. But here is a peek at Max and Liz's first meeting.

Part 24

After tucking Ashlee into bed for the night Liz went into her room. She opened her closet and opened a trunk that she had a bunch of keepsakes in from when she was a kid. Some of the things were papers from school. Photos of her and Serena. It didn't take her long to find what she was looking for. It was a stuff dog that at one time had soft almost silk like fur. It was made to look like a yellow Labrador retriever. But that was a long time ago. Liz pulled it out and looked at the property tag that had been sown into the stomach of the old toy. The name had faded but she could make out part of the name that had been written on it with a felt tip pen by a loving mother. Liz let her finger run over the fading name. MAX EV__S. Liz let a tear fall from her eyes as her mind drifted back to the day he shoved the toy into her small hands.

Little Lizzie Parker watched as her twin ran across the playground with a little blond girl from their kindergarten class. Lizzie walked slower heading for the swings. She was shyer and quieter then her twin Serena. She liked coming to school and learning things. But she didn't like being around so many people she didn't know. She reached the swings and had just gotten on and started to swing when two big boys came over and pushed her off. They started to laugh when she started to cry. She had skinned her knees when she landed hard on the ground. Her hands hurt too. A boy a little older then her with dark hair and honey colored eyes saw what happened and came over and helped her up. He took her over to where the teachers were and told them what happened. He asked to help her to the nurse so she could have her knees cleaned up. Lizzie was still crying a little as he led her to the nurse. Once she was with the nurse he left only to return a few minutes later carrying a stuff dog that looked only a couple years old. He shoved it into her hands.

“Ralph will make you feel better.” He told her softly.

Lizzie smiled wiping her tears away. She learned later that day his name was Max Evans and he was in first grade.

A few days later Liz had tried to give the dog back to him. But he shook his head. Telling her she needed him more then he did.

“Max was right Ralph, you have taken care of me since that day. I know that he will love me and Ashlee if I let him. He has always been so kind to me. But I am just so scared. What should I do?”

Liz knew that the old toy wasn't going to answer her. Watching Max play with Ashlee today had shown her that he would be a great father. But she had already known that. She had watched him with his patients in the ER when he didn't know she was there. He was so good with the kids. She knew that was why he had chosen that line of work. He had a passion for helping kids that were sick or hurt. Just like he had her more then twenty years ago.

Max sat on Isabel and Alex's couch after they had dinner together.

“Isabel, did you know about Liz's daughter?” asked Max
“Not until like a week ago. I only met her for a few minutes but she seems to be sweet.” Said Isabel
“Yeah, I met her today. I actually went to the park with her and Liz.” Said Max
“Liz let you go to the park with them?” asked Alex
“Well Ashlee asked me if I could come. Liz was trying to think of away to get me out of it. But I don't think she can say no very easily to her daughter.”
“Liz, is very protective of the kid. She has only ever let her family watch her. That is the main reason she took the job at Roswell Memorial. She had an offer from the pediatric cancer at the Mayo clinic. But turned it down because of Ashlee.” Said Alex
“How do you know that?” asked Isabel
“Well Taylor does work for me. I let her do most of her work from home so she can help take care of the kid. Liz doesn't want to have her mom always watching Ashlee. Besides Liz did name Ashlee for Taylor's mom.” Said Alex
“Alex, do you know anything about Taylor's dad?” asked Isabel
“Not really other then he was never part of her life.” Said Alex

Max knew none of the Parkers ever spoke of Taylor's birth father. In fact Jeff Parker always changed the subject when it came to the man that fathered his niece.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 24 2/6/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great chapters! So glad that Max is getting to know Ashlee. Wow it seems Isabel, Alex, Max all know about Ashlee. Wondering why they are wondering about Taylor's father. That was so sweet of Max to give Liz that stuff animal when they were little. It looks like Max was right about it being there for her. That was a sweet cute memory Liz had. Can't wait to find out how the parents, family and friends take the news about Kyle and Serena being engaged to marry. Hopefully happy.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 24 2/6/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Ralph certainly did take of Liz........how sweet of 5th grader Max to give her something to make her feel better.
Max is proving to be a great father, how could Liz not understand that?
Big question now.......who is Taylor's birth father???
Great story