Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Epilogue Complete 4/13/19

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 28 2/10/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Glad Liz has her own taser. Hope it is one of nice ones. One of my daughter's friends has one. It is almost the size of one police batons. If the perp tries to touch it they get a great shock. Her older brother was jumped while downtown. She works downtown so her mom got this taser from a self defense class.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 28 2/10/19

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Max has never liked Sean. So of course he would be watching him when he can. Sean better watch out if he ends up in the ER or Nurse Ratchet just might have fun with him. Liz knows to keep her guard up. Something bad going to happen? Well........

RoswellFan68 Yes Liz has a taser. It is small but powerful.

Part 29

Liz looked at the clock and noticed that it was nearly midnight. Only a few more hours and she would be able to go home and try and get to sleep. She actually didn't mind working the over night shift. Nights were mostly quiet. Rarely was there a new admit. So she was able to catch up on charts. She was there mostly to make sure nothing went wrong with the kids. She was the only one that could authorize any changes in the medicine they were on. She was reading over the chart of seven year old girl name April Winters that has Non Hodgkin lymphoma. Her latest tests showed that treatment was going well. Just then there was a knock on the door to the doctor's lounge.

“Come in.” said Liz
“Sorry to bother you Dr. Parker.” Said a nurse
“It's ok. What’s up Kate?”
“It's April Winters. She is upset and won't go back to sleep.”
“Let me talk to her.”

Liz got up and headed for the little girl's room. Liz pulled up a chair to the little girl's bed and sat down.

“Hi April. I'm Dr. Parker. Kate tells me you are to upset to sleep. You know that you won't get better if you don't get some sleep.” Said Liz softly
“Mommy said that we can't afford to keep me here any more. That the insurance is used up.” Said April
“Honey, it will be ok. You are so much better then when you first got here. I will talk to your mommy. You just let us help you get better.”
“Ok.”

Liz made sure the girl was tucked in nice and warm. She then left the room to find Kate waiting.

“You are so good with the kids. Much better then some of the doctors I've seen come through here.” Said Kate

Liz smiled at Kate. Kate Nelson was nearly twenty years older then Liz was. So she knew what she was talking about. Kate was also one of the nurses that Liz always listened to when she had something to say. The woman had a lot more experience then Liz did.

Beth Peters was twenty years old. She had just gotten off her job at the Save Mart. One of the few twenty four hour stores in Roswell. While she had always done well in school college was never really in the cards for her. Her dad had taken off when she was five. Her mom had never even finished high school. Right now her mom was in the state prison for drug possession and prostitution, had been since Beth was fourteen. Well actually been in and out a few times. But Beth was fourteen the last time she saw her mom. That was when she had been shipped off to a foster home. Her foster parents weren't bad per say. But they weren't exactly good either. Mostly they were indifferent. Beth worked hard to graduate high school. It hadn't been easy. She was walking the nearly half a mile to her apartment to try and get a few hours of sleep before she headed into her waitress job at the Crashdown. She actually liked the job at the Crashdown better then at the Save Mart. But she just couldn't make enough there to keep a roof over her head or food on the table. She shivered in the night air. She normally paid close attention to what was going on around her. But tonight she just wanted to get home. So she didn't notice him until he grabbed her from behind. She tried to scream but a hand was clamped tight over her mouth. Someone punched her and she was dragged into a van. It was dark so she never saw the face of either of the two men. She could hear their voices, and smell both alcohol and stale cigarettes on their breath. One of the men held her down while the other pulled her jeans and underwear down. He forced her legs apart and she cried as he raped her. Once he was done the other took his turn. They dumped her a while later in an alley. She laid there beaten and bleeding until about five thirty in the morning when Jeff Parker found her.

Jeff had come out to the alley to leave the barrel of old fryer oil to be picked up for recycling. He normally did that after closing. But it had been a busy night. He had just left the barrel which would be picked up early tomorrow morning when he saw someone laying in the alley. Thinking it was possible a homeless person passing through town heading south for somewhere in Texas. He was going to wake them and offer them some of the day old pastries and a cup of coffee. That was when he saw it was Beth. He ley out a curse pulled his cell phone out and called for an ambulance. He did grab an old blanket and lay it over the young woman while waiting for the sheriff's department to show up and paramedics.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 29 2/11/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Well bad things really did happen.
Poor little April sick and worrying about the insurance paying for her treatment.
Beth Peters........that was awful......hope the guys in the van soon get what's coming to them.
Sure glad Jeff found her and called for medical help.
There are so many terrible people out these......wish I could do something about it.
Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:Well bad things really did happen.
Poor little April sick and worrying about the insurance paying for her treatment.
Beth Peters........that was awful......hope the guys in the van soon get what's coming to them.
Sure glad Jeff found her and called for medical help.
There are so many terrible people out these......wish I could do something about it.
Thanks
Agree with Keepsmiling7. Hoping Max and Liz will have a Chance to talk soon. Hoping Max and Liz will.bump into each other and talk again.

L-J-L 76
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

man was it that jerk sean
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Carolyn Don't worry about little April, Liz will make sure she gets her treatment insurance or not. As for the creeps in the van, they will get what is coming to them.

L-J-L 76 Don't worry Max and Liz will talk. Just give it a little time.

Natalie36 Was it Sean in the van? You might be on to something. But there were two people in the van.

Part 30

Serena was surprised when she parked her car at the Crashdown to see the alley taped off by police tape and the flashing lights of the police cars. She headed in to see that the diner was closed.

“Dad what is going on?” asked Serena
“I found Beth Peters on the ground in the alley. Honey she had been beaten and raped.” Said Jeff
“What? Dad why would anyone do that to her?”
“I think she was a victim of opportunity. She worked until midnight at the Save Mart. You know she doesn't have a car.”
“Do they know who did this?”
“She was unconscious when the ambulance arrived. Honey whoever attacked her was brutal.”
“Damn it! I told her that she should call and I would get her a ride home.”
“Serena, you know Beth doesn't like to take hand outs.”
“I know. But she will never be able to pay these medical bills.”
“Don't worry about her bills. I already put in a few calls to people to help with that.”
“Who?”
“Alex. He said he would set up something called a Go Fund me page for her.”
“It's an online thing to get people who can afford to donate money to help with all kinds of things.”
“I figured as much. I have never really understood that computer stuff.”
“That is why you were so happy I went into business. So that I can handle the computer stuff.”
“Yes, honey is everything ok with your sister?”
“Yeah. I mean she is kind of upset with me and Taylor.”
“Does it have anything to do with that stunt of getting her and Max to have breakfast together?”
“Yeah. Dad, I only want what's best for Liz.”
“Honey, Liz needs to decide what is best for her. I personally agree with you about the Evans boy. He is good for your sister.”

Max watched as Dr. Knight came out of the exam room the waitress from the Crashdown. All he knew was she had been found in the alley behind the diner.

“Dr. Evans there is a six year old boy in exam room 2.” Said a nurse
“Thanks Dina.”
“You ok doc?”
“Yeah. Dina, just be careful. There is someone in this town hurting young woman.”
“Max, I am not someone you need to worry about. My six foot seven 240 pound boyfriend never let's me go anywhere after dark alone.”

Max had to chuckle. He knew Dina was right. He had met the former high school football player. Who now worked as a firefighter. He was a nice guy. That is if you didn't do anything to make him mad.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 30 2/12/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Hope the police will have success when they investigate Beth's attackers.
Love the "go fund me" account.....great idea for those in need of help.
Dina has her own security......that good news.
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I think it was Sean's father and Taylor's mother's rapist. Sean and his dad are too much alike. This will keep Liz on guard. Max can also use it as an excuse to keep an eye on her.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

RoswellFan68 wrote:I think it was Sean's father and Taylor's mother's rapist. Sean and his dad are too much alike. This will keep Liz on guard. Max can also use it as an excuse to keep an eye on her.
Agree with Roswell Fan68
Hopefully Liz will be able to help Beth. Thinks the 2 men that raped Beth is Sean and his father. If it was them then someone needs to cut off their dick cut off and shoved down their throats tied to a live electrical wire. Sorry I hate men like them.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Carolyn Oh I am sure the police will get a break in both Beth's and Sarah's cases very soon. Yes Dina has her own security force.

RoswellFan68 Sean's father just might be involved. Liz is always on guard. Max doesn't need a reason to keep watch over Liz.

L-J-L 76 You might be right about Sean and his father. Oh I got the feeling that Sean might get a painful lesson very soon.

Part 31

Liz walked out of her room to find Taylor and Ashlee playing with blocks. They weren't building anything. The blocks were alphabet blocks. Taylor was working with Ashlee on her letters. Liz smiled at the two of them. Taylor noticed her first.

“Did you sleep well?” asked Taylor
“Yeah. How was she last night?” asked Liz
“Good. Though she kept asking when she can see Max and Izzy again. I take it that Izzy is the former ice princess?” said Taylor
“Isabel wasn't that bad.”
“I know. Your mom called she wants us to come over by five.”
“That is in about three hours.”
“Yeah.”
“Mommy, I want to see Max.” said Ashlee
“Honey, I will talk to Max and see when we can get together with him ok?”
“Call him tell him come to grammy's!” demanded Ashlee
“Ashlee Parker! Do not talk to me like that. Tonight is just for family. Max, is not part of this family.” Said Liz
“But mommy I love Max.”

Liz looked at Taylor.

“Honey, you hardly know Max. How can you love him?” asked Liz
“Because you love him.” Said Ashlee

Liz looked at Taylor who was trying and failing at keeping a straight face.

“Why do you think I love Max?” asked Liz
“Cause of the stuff in your special box. Both Tay and Aunt Rena said you only keep stuff from those you love in there. I know you keep that toy doggie in there. You slept with it the other night.” Said Ashlee
“What do you mean?” asked Liz
“I found it one day. Tay said someone you love gave it to you a long time ago.” Said Ashlee
“Tay and I are going to have to talk about what she tells you.” Said Liz

Taylor looked at Liz knowing that she wasn't happy with her.

“Honey why don't you go play in your room and play so Tay and I can talk.” Said Liz
“Ok mommy. Love you.” Said Ashlee
“Love you sweetie.”

Ashlee ran off and Liz turned to her cousin.

“Liz, I know you are mad at me about the Max thing.” Said Taylor
“I am. But I also know that you did it because you care. The fact is you are right. I do care for Max and have for a long time.”
“So go out with him.”
“It isn't that simple.”
“Yes it is! Elizabeth Parker next time you both have the night off go to dinner. Let him show you how a real man treats a lady.”
“You aren't going to give up are you?”
“Never. All us Parker women have that in common. We are stubborn as hell.”

Liz sighed knowing that Taylor was right.

TBC