In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 11 7/29/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Serena had a tough life before she met Kyle. She's lucky he understands her problems from the past.
Sure glad both the Sheriff and Kyle will be looking after Liz while she is home.
Micheal even remembered Liz's hamburger order.
Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow Michael remembers Liz order after all this time. That was a nice surprise Michael gave Liz. So now Liz knows Michael is worried bout her as are her parents and friends. So now Kyle knows why Liz is still with her husband. Now Liz has Jim and Kyle to protect her. So Serena knows her father and brother are doing something really bad. So glad Kyle wants to keep Liz and Serena safe.

L-J-L 76
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Glad Serena turned her life around. Hopefully Liz will not have to stay with James much longer.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Serena didn't have it easy and made some bad choices. Kyle does understand about Serena's past and still loves her. Of course the Valenti boys are going to watch out for Liz both in Roswell and Texas.

L-J-L 76 Yes Michael remembers Liz's normal order. Michael is worried about Liz.

RoswellFan68 It took nearly getting killed but yes Serena turned her life around.

Part 12

Liz laid on the pull out bed in her parents living room. She had told Caitlin to take the bed in her old room. The room was now going to be Caitlin's anyway. She felt bad for her cousin, she had just lost her parents. But this wasn't the first loss the teenager had in her life. Caitlin's best friend had died of a very aggressive form of cancer when the girls were ten. Liz had been planning to go into cancer research if she had been able to finish her degree. But James had put an end to that. Marrying James had been a mistake. But she was going to make sure that he went down for what he was doing. That his father went down. Then she would finally do what she had always wanted to do. Liz got up and headed for the kitchen to get a drink of water when she heard soft crying coming from Caitlin's room. She headed to the room and quietly opened the door.

“Cait are you ok?” asked Liz

Caitlin turned to look at the door with tears falling down her face.

“Oh Cait. I can't begin to understand what you are going through.” Said Liz pulling her cousin into a hug.
“Lizzie why did they have to die?”
“I don't know. Just like I don't know why Anna died. You just seem to have bad luck.”
“You don't have good luck either.”
“Cait, it might seem like I am having bad luck right now. But I am where I need to be right now.”
“How can you need to be with a jerk that hurts you?”
“It's complicated. Caitlin, you are fourteen I bet you haven't even dated anyone yet. Not that this has anything to do with that. I can't tell you why I am with James right now. But it is for a good reason.”
“But you will leave him when you no longer have a good reason to stay?”
“Yes. Cait no matter what is going on remember that I do love you. I love you so much that I don't want to risk you getting hurt.”
“Just promise me you will be careful I don't want to lose my favorite cousin.”

Liz knew she shouldn't promise. What she was doing was very dangerous. But she had to do it. If she didn't find out everything she could to stop her husband from what he was doing. Another 9/11 could happen, and that was not something she could live with doing nothing to try and stop.

“Cait, I promise that I will try and be careful. That is the best I can do.”

Caitlin looked at her cousin and wondered what was really going on in Liz's life.

James smiled when the two Arab men walked into the room. These two men were ones he had met with before. They were the representatives of the leader of the group that his father sent him to give money too. He didn't know or care what they were actually doing with the money, though he was positive that it wasn't good. His father had told them this group trained people who would do bombings in Israel. His father was a man that believed that Hitler was right to try and kill all the Jews. James was really indifferent on that subject. All he really cared about was the fact that in exchange for these founds his company will be given rights to these peoples oil fields.

Omar Ahmad watched silently as the Texas oil heir walked off after handing over the case full of money. He hated men like that not only was he a traitor to the country he loved but if his sources back in the states were right then he beat his wife. He hated men like that. While he was raised in the Islamic faith he was also raised to treat women with respect as well. He was recruited by the CIA three years ago to infiltrate this terrorist organization. He had been born and raised in New York City. He remembered watching the twin towers fall on 9/11. He was eighteen and working in his parents middle eastern restaurant while going to college part time. When it came out that Al-Qaeda was responsible it had made his whole family sick. He couldn't understand why these men would use Islam that way. Tonight he would send word to his contact and the FBI as part of the joint terrorism task force will be waiting to arrest this jackass as soon as he stepped back on American soil. They would also arrest his father and freeze all their founds. Now all Omar had to do was confiscate the money and set the bomb that will take out this cell before he disappeared.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 12 7/30/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Good news.......maybe the FBI will be making a move soon/
The sooner the better for Liz's safety.
Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So glad Cait is safely at the Parkers. Wow Cait has been through a lot with her parents and friend's death. It is understandable that Liz wants to stop James and his father. So James knows the men he is meeting with and know they are up to know good. Seems all James cares about is money and nothing else. Oh my god Omar Ahmad is a good guy. Never saw that coming. Wow that is so great news. Agree with Omar Ahmad about hating James for hurting his wife and for being a traitor to his country. Finally the FBI task force will take James and his father down once and for all. Hopefully Omar can confiscate the money and set the bomb quickly before James disappears back to United States. It seem things maybe coming to an end for James and his father. Hopefully soon Liz will be free from James.

L-J-L 76
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Looking forward to James' arrest. Looks like Liz will soon be free.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Yes the FBI will be making a move. But might not be as soon as you would like.

L-J-L 76 Yes Cait has been through a lot in her life. Omar is a very good guy. James can't really disapear the FBI knows where to find him.

RoswellFan68 James will be arrested but may not be as soon as you would like.

Part 13

Liz sat next to her parents and cousin as her Aunt and Uncle were laid to rest. She held her cousin Caitlin as she cried. She hated seeing the young teen hurting so much. Caitlin was too young to really remember when their grandma Claudia who died eight years ago. Caitlin's mom Lucy had been her dad's younger sister. Liz could see that her dad wasn't taking his baby sister's death well. She looked at the others that had come to pay their respects. She saw Alex and Isabel, Michael and Maria, Sheriff Valenti, and Max's parents. She understood Jim Valenti being there. He had grown up with her dad and aunt. The Evans had become friends with her parents. But it threw her a little to see Maria. Maria basically hated Liz for being such a bad friend. Once the service was over Liz left Caitlin with her parents and headed over to the Evans.

“Liz, it good to see you even if it is for such a sad reason.” Said Diane
“Thank you for coming. You are coming by the Crashdown for the luncheon right?” said Liz
“Yes we will be there.” Said Philip
“Ok. Uh Mrs. Evans is there any way I can see you as a client in the next few days?” asked Liz
“I have an hour free tomorrow at 10am.” Said Diane
“I'll be there then.” Said Liz
“You aren't in any legal trouble are you?”
“No far from it. I would rather give you the details when we meet in private. After I pay a retainer.”
“That will be fine.”
“Thank you Mrs. Evans.”

Liz returned to her family and they left the cemetery together.

Liz sat in one of the booths picking at her food. She knew that she needed to eat. But she just wasn't hungry. She was lost in thought and didn't notice her until she spoke.

“Sorry about your Aunt and Uncle.”

Liz looked up to see Maria standing there.

“Thanks. Maria, I know I have been a bad friend.”
“Just tell me something. Why didn't you come to my wedding? I thought you were my best friend!”
“I wanted to. James wouldn't let me.”
“Why did you marry such an asshole?”
“I thought he loved me. Maria, before you ask why I am still with him, I can't tell you. But I will tell you that before long all this will be over. I am doing something important.”
“How important can it be to let him beat you?”
“Maria, let's just say my staying with him may save a lot of lives.”

Maria looked at Liz confused. There was something going on with Liz. What Maria had no idea. She just hoped that whatever it was wouldn't get Liz killed.

Valenti watched Liz talking with Maria. He wished he didn't know what he did about what was going on in his best friend's daughter's life.

“Jim, thanks for coming.” Said Jeff
“Sorry about Lucy.” Said Valenti
“Thanks. Jim, tell me something do you think Liz is going to be ok?”
“If everything goes according to plan. Yes. Jeff, I know why Liz hasn't left that jerk. She is doing something important. Your daughter is doing something dangerous. But it may save a lot of lives. I think she may end up being a hero.” Said Jim
“I just wish I could know what she is doing.”
“Truth is you don't want to know how dangerous it for her.”

Jeff nodded. He just hoped that this wasn't going to be the last time he saw his daughter.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 13 7/31/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Looks like Liz is going to have Mrs. Evans start on her divorce papers.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 13 7/31/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Looks like Liz is going to have Mrs. Evans start on her divorce papers.