In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 23 8/11/19

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Serena may have a motive for keeping Max informed about Liz. Liz truly loves her young cousin and will do whatever she can to help her. Caity, really is hurting, Jeff and Nancy are trying to help her heal as are a few others.

Part 24

One month later

Liz walked into the courtroom she walked over to the table where Mrs. Evans was waiting for her. She had known when she decided to file for divorce that James was not going to let her go without a fight. James came into the courtroom dressed in a prison jumpsuit. The guards led him over to where his lawyer was waiting. He glared at Liz.

“Liz, don't let him get to you.” Said Serena from behind her.
“She is right. Don't worry. He maybe contesting the divorce, but I think you are being more than reasonable.” Said Diane
“I know Mrs. Evans. It's just I don't want him to have contact with my baby.” Said Liz

Court was called to order and the judge looked at the two involved.

“Mr. Bower, why are you contesting the divorce your wife filed?”
“Your honor I love my wife. I want us to work things out.” Said James
“Aren't you facing federal charges?” asked judge
“Yes your honor. I am.”
“Unless I am mistaken your wife is listed as a witness for the government. How do I know this isn't some ploy by you to try and get her thrown off the witness list based on spousal privilege?”
“Your honor, my wife has misunderstood what my company is doing in the middle east.” Said James
“Ms. Bower, is it possible that you misunderstand things?” asked the judge
“I don't misunderstand anything. Before I turned in what I found I did my homework. The group James was meeting with has known ties to Al-Qaida as well as other terrorists organizations. The fact that he and his father are funding terrorists is not the only reason I want this divorce. I don't think that it is possible I could misunderstand the times James hit me for no reason other than I didn't agree with him, or because I didn't want to have sex. Or the time that he got mad because I wanted to go back to New Mexico for my best friend's wedding, a woman I consider my sister in every way but blood. Your honor when I told him I wanted to go to the wedding he told me no and when I tried to go anyway he pushed me down the marble staircase. I was three months pregnant at the time. I miscarried because of that.” Said Liz
“Elizabeth, I told you it was an accident and I was sorry.” Said James
“Ms. Bower, I am sorry for the child you lost. I understand you are pregnant now and are seeking soul custody of the child?”
“Yes your honor. I am also asking that James's parental rights be severed, and that his parents have no contact with my child.”
“But you will be fine with your husband's sister being in the child's life?”
“Yes. Serena has become a very close friend.” Said Liz
“Your honor. My name is Serena Bower. I am James's sister. I barely speak to my parents and if not for Liz, I would not even be on speaking terms with James.” Said Serena

The judge nodded. She then looked at her notes and signed some papers.

“After hearing what I have today, I am granting Ms. Bower's divorce petition. As well as her petition for soul custody upon the birth of the child, I am issuing a no contact order for all members of James Steven Bower's family named in the petition. I am also adding $500,000 to be held in trust for the child's education, and any possible medical expenses that may come up. Ms. Bower will receive everything she is asking for.”
“Your honor!” yelled James
“Mr. Peters get your client under control.” Said the judge
“Your honor, there is one other petition.” Said Diane
“Mrs. Evans, you are correct. I hear by legally change Ms. Elizabeth Claudia Parker Bower's name back to being just Ms. Elizabeth Claudia Parker.”

The judge slammed her gavel down dismissed the court. Liz breathed a sigh of relief as Diane hugged her. Serena gave her a warm smile. That was when she noticed Maria standing in the back of the courtroom crying.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 24 8/12/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Oh my god Liz is finally free from James and his parents. So glad that Liz will have her friend Serena in her and the baby's life. Love the way the judge gave Liz everything she wanted. That was very surprising that Maria was there. But very glad Maria is there for Liz. Can't wait for Max and Liz to talk. Can't wait to find out what Liz is going to do now with her freedom. Hopefully be with Max again.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

No, Liz did not misunderstand what Jame's family was doing funding terrorists.
Of course she did her homework before proceeding with this action.
James' protest did no good and the divorce and everything Liz asked for was granted.
Thanks, maybe better times are ahead for all concerned.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Yes Liz is free of James and his parents. Maria wanted to see her best friend so she came down to see her. Yes Liz got everything she wanted in the divorce. She won't jump into a relationship with Max right away. But with the friends she has it won't take long before the matchmaking starts.

Carolyn Liz is too smart to misunderstand what James was doing. Hopefully only good things will come. But unfortunately we are all at the mercy of my muse.

Part 25

“Maria? What are you doing here?” asked Liz
“Well seeing as my best friend won't come and see me. I decided that I would come to her. Besides I wanted to tell you in person that you are going to be an aunt.” Said Maria
“You and Michael are having a baby?” asked Liz
“Actually it's twins. Michael wants girls. I wouldn't mind one of each or even two boys. Hi Mrs. Evans.” Said Maria
“Hi Maria. You know Isabel is pregnant with her second child.” Said Diane
“Really?” asked Liz
“Yes. She is excited.” Said Diane
“Tell her and Alex congratulations for me.” Said Liz
“You could call them yourself.” Said Maria
“Right. Uh I really should eat something soon. What about you Maria?” said Liz
“With these two I am always hungry.” Said Maria
“How about we head over to C.D's Bar and Grill?” said Serena
“That sounds great! They have the best chili I have ever had!” said Liz
“God chili does sound good.” Said Maria
“Mrs. Evans, don't worry C.D's is not like you are thinking of a bar. It's warm and welcoming. The owner C.D. Parker is the grandson of the original owner who was a retired Texas Ranger, the elite police force, not the baseball team. He was named for his grand father. Several Texas Rangers that knew grandpa C.D. still come in the place as well as an assistant district attorney for Dallas.” Said Serena
“Sound good.” Said Diane

Once they were out of the court house Serena sent a text to both Max and Kyle seeing if they wanted to meet them at C.D's. Both said they would be there.

“Maria did you drive down?” asked Liz
“Uh I came back with Kyle last night. I stayed at a hotel last night. Took a cab here.” Said Maria
“Liz take my car with Maria and I will ride with Mrs. Evans to help her find C.D's.” said Serena handing over her keys
“Sure.” Said Liz

Liz led Maria over to a bright red 1968 Ford Mustang shelby gt 500.

“You do know this is Kyle's dream car.” Said Maria
“Yes. Serena lets him drive it when he is good.” Said Liz
“Serena seems nice. I don't know her very well though.”
“Serena is great. But she had it kind of rough growing up. She wasn't physically abused. But her father ignored her. Her mother was not there for her. She fell in with a bad crowd as a teenager. She drank, smoked both cigarettes and pot. Nearly got hooked on pain pills. She also had sex long before she really was ready for it at fourteen. She doesn't even remember the name of the guy that took her virginity. It took nearly being killed and spending a month in a coma at seventeen for her to turn her life around. Kyle knows all of this and he loves her. I think he is the first person to ever show her what love is really like.”
“Liz did you ever love James?”
“No. I thought I did which is why I married him. But I realize now that I just loved the attention he gave me when we started going out. You know I dated him for a whole year and it wasn't until a month before our wedding that I slept with him?”
“Really? You only dated Max like six or seven months before you had sex with him.”
“Maria, it never was just sex with Max. Max and I made love. I may have been a sixteen year old girl with very little dating experience when I gave Max my virginity but I was then and still am in love with him. Before you ask Max was like 100 times better than James.”
“So you and Max going to get back together? Cause I never understood why you two broke up. Don't give me that long distance crap.”
“I don't want to talk about it.”

Maria there is no way I am telling you that I broke up with Max because of something Sean did to me. Liz thought.

Max and Kyle walked into C.D.’s and headed over to where the ladies were waiting for them. Kyle waved at the four Texas Rangers and the ADA sitting at a table. Kyle had worked with them a couple times as part of his job as a Dallas police officer. Kyle kissed Serena before sitting next to her and Maria leaving Max to sit next to Liz and on Maria's other side. Liz shot a look at her friends knowing they set it up so Max would be next to her. Liz raised an eyebrow when she saw Diane smiling. A waitress came over and took their orders and headed off to get their drinks.

“So how did it go?” asked Kyle
“Liz is officially a single woman again.” Said Diane
“A rich single woman.” Added Serena
“How rich?” asked Kyle

Liz mumbled something no one could understand.

“Sorry I didn't get that number.” Said Kyle

Liz glared at Kyle but didn't repeat what she said clearly.

“Liz has around seven million dollars and a Malibu beach house worth around 1.3 million.” Said Serena

Max who had just taken a sip of cherry coke sprayed it over the table.

“That is a lot of money.” Said Max

Liz just shrugged.

“I never spent any where near my monthly shopping allowance. I put most of it in the bank. I plan to sell the beach house. I only got that because my name is listed as the owner on the deed.” Said Liz
“Liz, babe we got to talk. I want to see this house and maybe we can do a girls trip there. Serena of course would be welcome and we get Isabel to come too. But of course that would be after we have our babies and leave them with the guys.” Said Maria
“Uh Maria, did you forget I don't have a guy to leave my baby with?” said Liz
“Oh Kyle and Max will be able to handle it. Max is a kid’s doctor. The baby would be safe with him.” Said Maria
“Max really is good with kids.” Said Serena with a twinkle in her eyes.

Max just sat there not knowing what to say.

TBC

A/N The name C.D's Bar and Grill is from the show Walker, Taxas Ranger. Though to my knowledge CD the retired Texas Ranger that owned it never had any family.

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 25 8/13/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Can we trust the muse of yours ???

Question, what did Sean do to Liz??
We're all happy to see Liz is left well off....and she deserved every bit of it.
Poor Max, he has to just sit there and take all of the comments about him being good with kids.
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:Can we trust the muse of yours ???

Question, what did Sean do to Liz??
We're all happy to see Liz is left well off....and she deserved every bit of it.
Poor Max, he has to just sit there and take all of the comments about him being good with kids.
Thanks
I want to know what Sean did to Liz as well?
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

What did Sean do to Liz? Does anyone know what Sean did? Will Liz tell anyone what Sean did? Hopefully Liz will let someone know what Sean did to her. Very happy Liz is going to be able to take care of herself and the baby. Poor Max got volunteered to take care of baby while the girls are gone. Max just sat there and took everything Serena and Maria was saying about him taking care of the kids and good with the kids. Wonder if Max, Michael and Alex will really take care of the kids while Liz and the girls are gone. Hoping Max and Liz will spend sometime together and talk.

L-J-L 76

P.S - Please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait to find out what will happpen next for Max and Liz.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Carolyn Can you trust my muse? Uh I wouldn't count on it. What did Sean do? Nothing good that is for sure. Liz does deserve to be as well off as she is. Well Max did decide to be a kid doctor, so it is good that he is good with kids. Unlike the pediatrician I saw as a kid who I am convinced was insane, and has given me a lifelong fear of needles!

RoswellFan68 Got to wait to find out what Sean did.

L-J-L 76 Oh there are people who know what Sean did. I think Max would do anything for Liz if she asked him even baby sit so she could have a girls weekend.

A week later

Liz sat on what had been her bed since her now ex husband had been arrested. Maria and Mrs. Evans were heading back to Roswell this morning. Both Serena and Kyle had left for work an hour ago. Liz placed one of her hands on the small baby bump that was starting to appear. She had a doctor appointment in a little over an hour but didn't want to go alone if she could avoid it. But at this point she had only one option for someone to go with her. She knew that he was free thanks to Serena who was being a bigger pain than Maria ever was about getting her and Max together. Serena also was the one to give Liz the number she was about to call. Taking a deep breath Liz dialed the number of the man that she had always loved.

“Hello?” came a male voice that still made Liz melt inside.
“Hi uh Max? It's Liz.”
“Hey Liz. Is everything ok?”
“Uh yeah. It's just well both Kyle and Serena are at work and I have this doctor appointment in like an hour. I know it is short notice but I was uh wondering…..”

Max chuckled.

“I have no plans. I will take you if that is what you are trying to ask.”
“Really?”
“Yeah. I know a lot of guys would have a problem taking their ex girlfriend to the doctor. Especially one that is pregnant with another guy's baby. But I am not that petty. Liz, you were married to the guy that got you pregnant. He turned out to be a scumbag that not only hurt you but was helping fund people who want to kill everyone in our country.”
“Uh yeah.”
“How long will it take to get to your doctor's office from Serena's?”
“Like fifteen minutes.”
“Ok I will see you in about half an hour then. After your appointment maybe we can have lunch and talk about things.”
“I would like that.”
“Ok see you soon.”
“See you soon, and thank you.”

Max hung up his phone and turned to Isabel who was smirking at him. She had come down to visit for a few days.

“What Isabel?” asked Max
“You still love her don't you?” asked Isabel
“It doesn't matter how I feel. Liz just got divorced. She isn't ready for anything other than having me as a friend.”
“Max, she wants you at her doctor appointment for her baby. She wants you in her life.”
“It doesn't matter.”
“Max, Liz didn't have to go to Texas for school. She had gotten a scholarship offer from Michigan State.”
“That is only like an hour from U of M!”
“Yeah I know.”
“What why didn't she go there?”
“You need to talk to her. But I know that Sean DeLuca wasn't happy that you got what he wanted from Liz.”
“What do you mean?”
“Max, please everyone in our group knows that the two of you were sleeping together in high school.”
“I thought we both agreed that you and I would never talk about our sex lives.”
“Well at least I have one with my husband. Unlike you who hasn't even had a date in over two years.”
“I have been busy.”
“I know some how you got through both your undergrad and medical school in six years. Something that takes most people eight years.”
“Isabel, I got to go.”
“Fine but tell Liz next time she is in Roswell to give Alex and me a call and we can meet up.”
“I will give her the message.”

Max grabbed his keys and headed out.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 26 8/15/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Maria and Serena are both something. They are both trying to get Max and Liz together. So glad Max is going to take Liz to her doctor appointment. It seems even Isabel is wanting Max and Liz together. Agreeing with Isabel about Liz wanting Max in her life. It seems Max and Liz need to talk about a few things. Wow Max hasn't dated since Liz. Max and Liz still love each other. So Isabel and Alex want Liz to come and see them when she comes to Roswell that is good. Can't wait to find out how the doctor appointment goes. Can't wait for Max and Liz to have a chance to finally talk thing out.

L-J-L 76
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 26 8/15/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I'm glad that Max agreed to go to the doctor with Liz. The mystery continues. Why did Liz decide not to go to Michigan State?