On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 65 - Completed: 12/18/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 23 - 08/10/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

All I can say is I agree with Roswelllostcause and keepsmiling7. Can't wait for Max to tell the girls the story.

L-J-L 76
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 23 - 08/10/2019

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Alex has always liked Maria's books. Now she knows they tell the story of her parents romance.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 24 - 08/12/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Beth was returning to the house after being dropped off by Maria when she saw the car holding Max and the twins pulling into the driveway. Maria smirked at the timing. “I guessed we picked a good time” she murmured as she saw the twins fly out of the car. “Hello, girls” she smiled as the vision of both Max and Liz. It was amazing to know how much of gift her friend was given by the return of Liz and a new example of the ever-lasting love between Max and Liz with the existence of Alexandra and Carrie.

“Hello Mrs. Guerin,” the twins said in unison,

“Call me Maria,” Maria smiled. “We are one big happy family, and you two are very much apart of it. So, call me Maria.”

“Okay,” Alexandra said as she couldn’t resist asking her favorite author. “So, is it true your series of books is based on Mom and Dad’s love story?” she murmured as she looked at the surprise in her mother’s face, and the flustered still look on Max’s face as they stared at each other.

“So, how did you figure that out?” Maria asked she looked at both her husband and Max and wondered who squealed.

“They figured it all on their own” Michael assured his wife who only laughed and saw the confusion on Beth’s face. “Sorry…”

“What is Alexandra talking about?” Beth asked as they walked to the house and Maria and Michael followed the twins.

“Maria’s book series,” Alexandra said. “It’s all about a group of aliens, while the lead duo falls in love. One is alien and one is human. They have all kinds of adventures and escape all kinds of dangers.”

“So, it’s about the group?” Beth asked. “I never read them. Only Alex has… But she never misses one of them when they are released.”

“I’ll make sure a signed book collection is delivered to you since I doubt Alexandra took the time to bring the book on her escape from Madison” Maria teased the teenager.

“Nope,” Alexandra said. “The book series is really something. The confusion, and the danger and the love between the two is really something. Now that I remember, even the best friend of the human female falls for her own alien. Is it modeled after you and Michael?”

“What can I say, I wrote about what I knew…” Maria quipped. “I got my own alien to myself just like Liz did with Max.”

“So, that kind of element is true. Dad says he saved Mom’s life back when she was a teenager, and a critical part of the beginning of your books had the female character, Libby almost die and then get saved by Matt. So, you wrote the truth?”

“It was too insane not to include,” Maria laughed. “Not everything that happens in the books happened to us, but it got damn close at times but like I warn my own kids… don’t take it a permission to even come close to what we went through as teenagers because we don’t want to see a repeat.”

“Speaking of our kids, we have to get going Maria…” Michael said as he checked his watch.

“Right,” Maria said as turned to Beth and Max. “One more thing. It was always fun to immortalize our group in the world of fiction, but I was always careful with what I wrote so not to awaken the gods in that forum. But I hope I didn’t do anything to awaken anything else in our worlds…”

“Something tells me Maria; your world of fiction is safe. Whoever is responsible for our lives and the experiences we’re having now, is not because of that but because of the past and what really happened to all of us…” Max sighed as he didn’t want to think about why all of a sudden did their enemies think they could attack them when they were only awakening up a dangerous time.”

“I hope so, because I want our ‘no drama’ life back” Maria murmured. “I’ll will check in tomorrow.”

“Good night…” Max said as he watched Michael and Maria walk off, and he turned and face a confused Beth. “What?”

“Should I worry…” Beth asked.

“No,” Max assured Beth with a gentle smile. “We’re capable of a lot and we’re on the look out now, so nothing will get by us again… I won’t let anything happen to you or the girls. We’re pretty formidable when challenged.”

Beth nodded.

“Let’s to worry about anything like that tonight. So, how was the hospital. How was it visiting Grace?”

“It went well. It’s still in the awkward stage, but I feel like we’re making progress,” Beth said softly as she thought of Grace in the hospital. “She seems very together in her life…”

“She is, while she has her hiccups of course as she’s grown up, but I always knew that I got lucky with our daughter, and I will always be grateful to have her part of my life because otherwise I am not sure I would have made it when I lost you.”

“Max…”

“It’s the truth. I didn’t know how I was going to make it when we lost you, and to have Grace. It gave me purpose, and I am grateful for the girl she is today, and I just wished I could have been there for those early years with the twins.”

“Me too…” Beth said as they walked into the kitchen and saw the girls on their cellphones checking something out…. “What are you two doing?”

“Whoa,” Alexandra looked up. “Is it true that you saved Mom’s life by jumping out a window. I always thought that was a plot line, but Maria’s on-line saying that it’s based on true events. So, did you save Mom by jumping out of the window…”

Max looked at Beth who stared back at him, and he was unsure how to respond because it was so much more complicated than how the girls were explaining it. “Well…”

“Did you?” Carrie asked.

“Let’s say the book version is not the same way it happened in real life,” Max murmured as memories flashed through his brain of the time, and how lucky he had gotten a chance for a do-over with Liz because up to that time, it was downright painful and he didn’t know how they made it and he almost didn’t he guess.”

“Your mother ended up saving me. I didn’t save her, but she saved me….” Max said with a simplified version of the truth…”

“Really, that is cool…” the twins breathed in unison as they looked at their parents in a different light as Max watched the confusion in Beth’s eyes as her face turned into what seemed like a trance. “Beth…”

“Do it”

Max, I am so sorry. I love you” as she prepares to hit him over the head with a pipe, but she misses, and he comes to grab her, and they manage to fly out the window, with him watching her fall as he forms a green shield to soften her fall.

“No….” she hears screamed by Max

On the ground, Liz checks his pulse but doesn’t find one and with tears coming down her face… she kisses him.

Dialogue taken from the Transcript: Chant Down Babylon, from foreverdreaming.org
http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/ ... =27&t=4673

Beth came out of her trance as she couldn’t help but look at Max with shock and alarm, as he knew she had a memory. “Beth, are you okay?”

“No,” Beth said as she turned and rushed out of the room and they heard the steps of her running upstairs.

The twins were shocked by their mother’s reaction. “What’s wrong with Mom?”

“Nothing,” Max lied. “I’ll go check. If you want a snack, you can find something in the fridge. We’ll be back down soon” he scrambled as she went after Beth.

“What’s with them?” Carrie asked as she grabbed the jam and tabasco sauce out of the fridge and went for the bread.

Upstairs, Beth rushed into her bedroom and laid back at the bed as she stared up at the ceiling as she reeled from the flash. What on earth did I just remember. Max was pleading me to hit him with a pipe, and then his mood changes and we go flying out the window… and then it appears he was dead… she murmured to herself as she heard a knock on the door. “Yes, girls I am alright.”

“It’s me Beth…” came the voice behind the door. “The girls are downstairs.”

“Max” Beth asked as she sat up on the bed. “I am fine, I just need to some rest.”

“I saw how startled you were… Did you remember something, maybe I can help?” Max offered. “I won’t come in unless you want me to.”

Knowing that Max’s knowledge might allow the memory to go down easier, she relented. “Fine, come in. But just you.”

“Thank you,” Max said opening the door and looking at an emotional Beth on the bed. “The girls are probably snacking downstairs, so we won’t be interrupted” he murmured as he closed the door behind him. “So, what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing…” Beth tried.

“It’s something Beth,” Max asked. “I know when you unsettled about something”

“It’s just the talk about Maria’s book series and how it was based on your group’s activities made me remember…”

“Remember what,” Max asked, hopeful that maybe it would be something that would bring her closer back to them…

“Did we really go flying out the window, and then I felt a pulse and Max you were dead…” Beth asked as the color went out of Max’s face. “How is it possible you lived, and you are here staring at me and our kids.”

“Oh…”

“Max…” Beth asked with genuine emotion on her face as Max approached her and took her hand and he stared into her eyes with an intensity that she wasn’t used to. “How is it possible,” she repeated.

“It’s possible,” Max said softly as he touched her hand. “We were always remarkable, and unexplainable and for some reason it allowed me to come back to you, and for you to come back to me.”

“How…” Beth asked as she begun to repeat.

“Because it is,” Max said as they leaned in and before they knew it, they were exchanging a soul crushing and passionate kiss as flashes began before their very eyes…

They were kissing for what seemed like an eternity to both as they broke it off and stood back and kept staring at each other. Max knew she was confused. How could he explain it, because it was unexplainable? How could he have survived that day, and come back to her when it appeared, he was dead and then taking over another’s body, and pushing on through to take it over in totality.

He couldn’t explain. Even now.

Yet Beth was looking at him with confusion in her eyes as it was clear that she felt conflicted by what she was remembering.

“Look Beth, the last think I can talk about is what happened on that night because a lot of it doesn’t look good on me because of circumstances I wasn’t looking for nor was I asking, and I put a lot of pain on our shoulders and yours. By some miracle I survived, but by all logic… I should be dead because I was dead Beth. Yet you wouldn’t let me go, and a final kiss did something to me and some how I came back with a whole new worldview,” Max said softly which is an understatement given I took over a madman’s body in Clayton Wheeler he mused to himself, and only himself.

“How is that possible,” Beth asked.

“We defy logic, and we always have. Even if you didn’t go by being together. My whole existence should be not allowed. It’s a sci-fiction show, or a movie. But I am very real. We’re very real. The girls; all three of them are very real. Somehow that day I survived, and we managed to make it through what should have split us up. And I thought we could make it through anything, and we did until you left us.”

“Max,” Beth said stepping away from Max. “This is too much. You are right it does defy all logic, and maybe I need time to figure out how they all work as I have been less than a week and so much has been thrown at me. I am remembering things that are at odds with what I believed was apart my life.”

“Hey, I totally understand. I want to give you all the time in the world, and I promise I will. Plus, I need to get back to work tomorrow so you and the girls will have the house to yourself during the day, and Grace is still days away from coming home. So, take all the time in the world. I just want you know that you meant something to me. That day when I defied death; it changed us. We were never the same again, and we built something. And maybe it’s not out of realm of possibility that we could use this miracle of a chance build something new too but only when you’re ready…”

“I can’t make any promises…” Beth said.

Knowing she was scared he knew it was not the time to push because it would only lead to heartache all around. “All I want is the possibility, okay. Think about, and as we have seen so far… who knows where we will go from here.”

Beth nodded as she watched Max leave the room. “Max…”

“Yes,” Max asked.

“Why not move on… you thought I was dead for thirteen years, most people would have moved on by now. Why didn’t you?” Beth asked.

“Because I am not most people Beth. And really, to quote an old song title, ‘Nothing compares to you’ and that was literally true for you and me” Max said softly as he opened the door and closed it behind him, while leaving Beth to look at the window and contemplate the way forward.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 24 - 08/12/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow Beth and the girls learned a lot more things. It seems Beth needs to start reading Maria's books to see what else there is to be known. Wow Beth got a memory of Max asking her to hit him. Wondering what else Beth is going to remember. Wondering when Beth is going to have her memory back. Hopefully Beth will get her memory back before someone attacks them. Hopefully Max and others will be able to protect Beth and the girls.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 24 - 08/12/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Wow.......what a kiss....
Max can only say they defy logic, that's an understatement!
Beth continues to be confused and question everything. Maybe she should read Maria's books.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Beth should read Maria's books. They could be what brings her full memory back.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Roswelllostcause wrote:Beth should read Maria's books. They could be what brings her full memory back.
I think that Carrie needs to read the books as well.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 25 - 08/15/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Time and space is what Max gave Beth in the days to come as he returned to work the following day and had to put a lot of time and effort in getting up to speed on his cases after his father had taken the bulk of the cases while he was off dealing with one crisis after another and now he was forced to look at the overwhelming paperwork associated with the cases, and with Grace still in the hospital… he found himself to be busy.

Beth meanwhile took the time while Max was at work to take the girls on sigh seeing tours in neighboring towns to allow them the chance explore and get an education on the road, and it allowed her to get away from the pressure of Roswell.

Jake was released from the hospital on Tuesday, and once he was gone Grace found being in the hospital boring and she grew restless especially since Jake couldn’t freely come to visit and so she missed seeing him. With her family and friends concentrating on work and school; she didn’t have as many visitors and so she worked on her rehabilitation to be able to get out of the hospital. Her Friday release was still on schedule and now it was Friday and Max was taking the day off to be able to bring Grace home.

He was working from the house when he saw Beth walk in from a lunch date with Maria. “Hello, where are the girls?”

“Spending some time with your sister and Elizabeth at the boutique. I guess Elizabeth doesn’t have any classes this afternoon due to teacher conference, and so she was picking up some shifts. The girls were interested in knowing more about your sister and I have dragged them around enough”

“I am glad to see you,” Max smiled.

“When is Grace getting released?” Beth asked as she looked around and wondered how it would work once the older teenager did come home.

“I am heading over there in an hour or so, did you want to come with me?” Max asked.

“No, it’s probably more appropriate for it to be you. I will be here for when she comes home,” Beth said as she sat down at the table. “Max, I do appreciate that you have been giving me space.”

“How has it been…” Max asked.

“It’s been nice getting to know New Mexico, and Roswell. I just wish I had more memories to go along with it” Beth sighed as she hated she wasn’t having more memories, and the flashes she was getting were all very intense and hard to comprehend and she just wish it could make sense.

“Maybe it will come with time. It’s obvious that the more time you spend here that the more memories have been coming back for you…” Max said as the phone rang as he reached for it, “Good, it’s not the hospital. The last thing Grace needs is another delay.”

Beth nodded as he answered. “Yes, this is Max” he asked as he concentrated on the call as Beth felt flustered by the mere present of Max as her sleep all week had been restless because of the dreams she was having of Max, and not all of them had been so innocent and yet she wanted space from the man. Sighing to herself she heard Max speak of her. “Yes, she’s here” he answered as he paused. “Beth, it’s Serena, do you want to talk to her?”

Beth nodded at the needed diversion as she took the phone. “Hey Serena. It’s nice to speak to you…” she murmured as she stood up and walked out of the kitchen as Max just stared as she walked as the overwhelming desire came on full force. He missed her and hoped to go that he had a chance before this was over to get back what he lost.

And to start something new because he knew the past was gone, and the future will be all new.

Murmuring and muttering to himself as he looked over legal papers as he waited to head to the hospital.

“This place is amazing,” Carrie asked as she looked around Isabel’s boutique. “Amazing clothes,” she as she and Alexandra surveyed the store’s layout. With the high school off classes for the afternoon, Elizabeth was finishing her first week of work at Isabel’s boutique. She wasn’t on the schedule the following day but was helping stocking and doing other work for Isabel on her afternoon off. So, far she has enjoyed the job and it kept her from playing hooky from school and from doing any mischief making.

“Thank you, as it’s been becoming more of a hit with each passing year. Are you into fashion back home?”

“Not as much because we go to a private school and uniforms and all that,” Alexandra admitted as she thought of how different their life was in Madison than what they were finding here in Roswell and she wondered which life their futures were going to be in…

“That is a different life than we had,” Isabel commented.

“Where did you go to school…”

“For High school we went to West Roswell High” Isabel commented. “It’s were Jake, Grace and Elizabeth go…”

“Did you like it?” Carrie asked as she checked out a cool shirt, she wished she owned.

“Loved it. Your father and Michael were more ambivalent about it, but I always enjoyed it, and all the activities one can get into at school and so did your mother and Maria. Liz was always in one club or another…”

“Cool,” Carrie said as she continued to look at the shirt and Isabel noticed. “Did you want to try it on?”

“I shouldn’t because I don’t have any money…”

“What does it hurt to try it on,” Isabel smiled at the fashion sense that Carrie had as Alexandra went looking at some earrings when the door opened as she saw her godson walk himself into the store on crutches. “Wow Jake you’re getting a hand of those, aren’t you?”

At the sound of his name Elizabeth looked up from what she was doing as she saw her brother come into the store. Since he had returned from the hospital, he had stayed close to home and so it was a surprise to see him out of the house. Although he was due to go back to school on Monday. He was also antsy about not being able to see Grace but hoped it would be different now that Grace was getting released.

“Hi Aunt Isabel,” Jake smiled as he whipped around with the crutches, “These are easy to use once I got a hold of them. Hey, Elizabeth I didn’t know you were coming here today?”

“No school this afternoon. Teachers’ conference,” Elizabeth said as she came into the conversation. “I didn’t think you were getting out of the house.”

“I was seeing some friends for lunch as Mom was meeting Grace’s mom for lunch. Dad was at the office” Jake said. “I was feeling cooped up at the house as you can only do so much studying and homework.”

“Which is understandable as you were always on the move before everything happened,” Isabel said as she smirked at how studious Jake appeared when that hadn’t been his profile up to this point. “So, what did you want today?”

“I was hoping to find something for Grace, you know a welcome home gift.” Jake asked his aunt.

“You were, were you…” Isabel said with a deep smile as Alexandra and Carrie looked at Jake with interest.

“Take this into the change room and try on,” Isabel told Carrie handing her the shirt. “If it fits, call it a belated birthday or Christmas gift,” she laughed. “I have missed way too many of them apparently.”

“Wow, thanks Isabel” Carrie said as she took the shirt and headed for the change room while Isabel concentrated on her godson as Alexandra and Elizabeth looked on with amusement.

“So, Jake what do you think Grace would like?” Isabel asked Jake.

“I don’t know…” Jake asked uncertain because this had been a spur of a moment decision of Jake’s and he didn’t know where to take this, to the great amusement and laugher from his sister. “Stop it Elizabeth.”

“Boy, you are whipped” Elizabeth sang.

“Enough Elizabeth,” Jake murmured. “I just want something nice, something special. She’s gone through a lot these last few weeks and I just want to make her happy.”

“I think she would be happy with anything,” Isabel smiled at her godson and was swept away at the romantic gesture. “So, where do we start…”

“Welcome home Grace,” Max said a few hours later as he drove into the driveway of their house as it had taken a little while to get her officially discharged from the hospital, but she was finally out. “I bet it feels great to be out…”

“Finally,” Grace said as she looked up at her childhood house. She hadn’t realized how much she missed it as they were driving home, but she had and was thrilled to finally be somewhere safe and place that was truly her home.

“It’s been a long week…” Max asked as he got out of the car and came over and opened the door for his daughter.

“Yeah, a long week…” Grace muttered as she looked up at her home as the front door opened and she saw her mother come out, followed by the twins as they were all smiling as Max got out the wheelchair from the trunk of the car. While Grace had more mobility, she still needed the chair and hopefully she could move to a cane or crutches soon. Beth, Alexandra and Carrie stood and watched as Grace was helped into the wheelchair and Max start to push the chair towards the front door.

“They wanted to be here…” Max said softly.

“It’s fine, it’s good to see them” Grace said as much as it was awkward to see her mother as both knew they had a way to go in developing a relationship. “Since when do we have a ramp?”

“Since we needed one,” Max said with a laugh. “Your uncle Kyle came by and helped me put it together when we knew you were coming home.”

“Thanks, I guess,” Grace said. “Hopefully we won’t need it for long…”

“You’ll be walking in no time,” Max said with confidence as he wheeled her towards the ramp. Grace only nodded as she hoped she shared the same confidence as her father, but at least she was home. She just would have a different existence as she got well because she couldn’t start walking when she was still under supervision of her doctors.

“Welcome home Grace,” Alexandra smiled as she saw her sister wheeled up.

“Thanks,” Grace said as he looked at Beth.

“Let’s go in,” Beth said as she didn’t know what to say and neither did Grace and they all knew it was acknowledge. “There is someone who wanted to see you when you got home.”

“Elizabeth?” Grace asked. “She mentioned she might stop by after work.”

“No, someone else” Beth said as they walked or was rolled into the front hallway, and she saw him in the living room.

“Jake…” Grace asked as she saw Jake smiling at her.

“Welcome home Grace” Jake said as he grabbed his crutches and helped himself up as Max further rolled in Grace into the house as the house suddenly got a whole lot warmer. Beth couldn’t help but see how Grace reacted to Jake. Max did to, even if he would rather ignore the implications.

“How’s the leg?” Grace asked.

“Much better…” Jake smiled.

“How’s the back?” Jake countered back, and she smiled as Max and Beth stood and watched.

“Stronger,” Grace murmured as she looked around the downstairs. “It’s hard to believe it’s only been a week since I last was home.”

“Let’s hope you’re not going make anymore trips to our friendly hospital” Jake said.

“Same could be said about you,” Grace said as Max and Beth knew they shouldn’t intrude and so they stepped away as the twins had gone upstairs, as Grace wheeled the chair into the living room.

In the kitchen Max and Beth walked in and looked at each other with a smile. Max was just grateful Grace was now at home, but it was a reminder of how life had changed in the last week or in the last few weeks and he didn’t know how life would be the same or could it. Not wanting to talk about them, Beth broke the silence that existed in the kitchen. “Grace and Jake seem like they have gotten closer…”

“I know,” Max said solemnly.

“Are you ready for whatever the future holds for them?” Beth asked as she didn’t know if she was ready for the reminder that she was the mother of a sixteen-year-old as she had been so used to life with two growing young girls’ and the knowledge, they still had a way to go before they reached the heartbreak age that Grace was experiencing now. She didn’t know if she cared for the sudden entrance.

Max had been there for awhile and had gotten used to it as much as he could. She hadn’t, and it was brand new.

“I hope I am, and it’s better than the alternative, I guess. I know Jake and I know he wouldn’t hurt our daughter so I don’t have the same fear that if was someone else I didn’t know and given she’s been burned and deeply hurt, and because she has been, well, Jake has been protective of her but it’s going to be completely different once things turn official for them because until now they had their friendship. Once things go romantic, it all changes…”

Beth nodded.

“So, I hope they take their time. Because to rush is not the answer because sometimes it brings only pain” Max said. “Afterall, it did for us.”

“It did…” Beth asked.

“Hell yeah,” Max nodded as he thought back at the frustration and pain they dealt with after they gave each other a chance. “But we managed to make it, until we didn’t.”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 25 - 08/15/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Love that Beth was having "not so innocent" dreams about Max....
So sweet of Jake to get Grace a welcome home gift.
What did Max mean....."another chance until we didn't".....??
Can't wait for more.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 25 - 08/15/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Well at least Jake and Grace are home now.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639