If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Epilogue - Completed: 12/28/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Chapter 15 - 11/20/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

WOW..........who would have guessed?
I'm glad Zane is special in his own way........
And please let Max, Michael and Isabel take care of Tess and save Liz.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

If Walls Could Talk... - Chapter 16 - 11/24/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Twenty minutes earlier,

The drive to the desert was one of speeding, and one of desperation as Max didn’t know what he would find as both Michael and Isabel knew if they were too late, and something had indeed happened to Liz than there would be no saving Max. He would be lost to them, so they both prayed they would be in time. Max was beside himself as he knew he was to blame for this, for allowing Tess the ability to escape and plan for this day. Would they find her in time he fretted, as they roared near the caves and saw a white van?

“The bitch,” Max muttered as he stopped the car and got out and sprinted to the chamber, and Isabel and Michael were laboring to catch up on the marathon speed he was exhibiting as he rushed up the rocks, “You need to be careful,” Isabel warned.

“She’s gone too far this time,” Michael expression told Isabel and Max felt it too as they climbed the rocks, to the right rock, and he put up his print and opened the door and saw it swinging open and stepped in at the first wail of a newborn child was heard through the chamber, and Max’s blood went cold as he looked at Michael who appeared to know, and Isabel looked shocked so Max knew the secret that kept from him and his sister didn’t even know. “You knew?” he accused Michael.

“Only because Brian told the Parkers tonight…” Michael admitted. “Liz didn’t even tell Maria was pregnant. Given you were already overwhelmed, and therefore I didn’t want to add this to your shoulders on the drive otherwise you were liable to crash the car.”

“Oh god,” Max whispered as she they snuck into the chamber, and his face went pale at how much in pain and in distress Liz looked in as he saw Tess holding the child, and then the fury on her face and the horror when they heard the words, “Damn it, it’s a girl” Tess yelled as she saw the baby, as she forced it to be cut from the umbilical cord. “Who is the idiot who told me it would be a boy. Kill him now. Fuck, there is no way this baby will get me where I need to go. Khivar will kill me if I don’t bring with me Max’s male heir.”

And then they heard the words that tore him to his core, “She’s bleeding, and we’re losing her…”

“Let her bleed out and get rid of the baby” Tess threatened as she was ready to hand the kid off. “They are no use to me now…”

Max knew he had to act, as Michael and Isabel knew there was no saving this situation as they could see the distress of Liz on the table, and knew she was losing her life and they would really kill the baby if they didn’t step in, and save Liz and the baby. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” he said in a murderous tone that caused a surprised Tess to turn around and he could see the baby in her arms, and unconscious Liz slowly bleeding out on the table, as he saw the blood…

Too much blood.

“You better step away from her if you don’t want to be dead with your next step” Max threatened. “Tess, hand the baby to Isabel…”

“No,” Tess said.

“Don’t test me Tess because this time I am not going allow you to go off and plan your next act of betrayal against us…”

“If you want this brat,” Tess said. “Who is useless to me because she’s a female, as you couldn’t even do something right, could you? You cheat on our marriage with this slut, and now she gives birth to a girl,” she spat.

“We didn’t have a marriage,” Max muttered.

“We said vows, and therefore we are married,” Tess muttered. “You are my husband and you go and get her pregnant… she wanted to protect you, so she went off, but I needed the baby. I need to go back to Antar and I am not giving up my shot…”

“Give Isabel the baby Tess,” Max murmured.

“No,” Tess said. “You couldn’t do anything right, could you?” she cried. “When I threatened Liz into marrying her husband, she should have stayed away from you… or at least give me a child I could use…”

“What in the hell did you just say, and do?” Max asked with a murderous glare.

“I couldn’t have you whoring with her, as I needed to protect Zane, so I warned her, and so she eloped with that dumbass husband of hers…”

“You forced her to marry Brian?” Max asked.

“Of course, she got pregnant, and then I thought there was some use in your affair with her but then you two disappoint me once again…” Tess spat as she continued to taunt her husband. “You won’t do anything, will you, otherwise secrets will get revealed.”

Pushed too far, Max knew he had to get to Liz. “Give the baby to Isabel,” Max asked again as Michael made movements, but Tess was not giving in and wouldn’t allow them past her, and so Max blasted one of the goons who hit the ground, to prove he was capable of showing harm as Tess whipped around to see one of her men go down. “Don’t test me Tess, you’re next…”

“You won’t do anything…” Tess asked.

“I am not the person you knew,” Max muttered as Michael made a rush at Tess, and put a gun to her back, and she knew her time was up because there was something in Max’s eyes that she knew he was serious. “Hand the baby to Isabel.”

“Fine,” Tess muttered as she gave up the newborn baby to Isabel who took the baby in and checked her for pulse and she was satisfied the baby was doing okay, but it was obvious it was in distress, and she saw her brother in her eyes and knew that paternity would not be in doubt. “You know Max, Liz is still married at the end of the day…”

“Take her out of here,” Max asked Michael. “I can’t look at her anymore…” he sighed. “Call the ambulance.”

Michael nodded as Isabel stood holding the baby, as they marched out of the chamber as Max was left with an unconscious Liz as he rushed to the table, and saw she was so cold. “Come on Liz, please… you can’t die on me” he whispered as he placed a kiss on her lips and willed her to come back him, as flashes of their first kiss, and the passion between them filled the chamber, but she was still lifeless, “I am here now and you will be alright. The baby is beautiful. Liz, she looks so much like you, already and you won’t die on me, I can’t lose you… you can’t leave me…”

Trying to stop the blood, and he was partially successful, so he picked her up into his arms and carried her out of the chamber, but she felt too cold, and he was worried he was too late. “Come on Liz, sweetheart, stay with me... stay for your daughter, our little girl” he pleaded with her to fight to come back…

But he felt her pulse die…

“Liz, please…” Max cried. “You can’t leave me Liz, please don’t leave me… you are the only woman I have ever loved, and you’re not leaving me alone” he demanded of an unconscious Liz as he laid her down on the sand as Michael and Isabel who was still with the baby saw him carry Liz out in his arms, and knew from the desperation on his face, that they were losing her…

Putting her down on the sand, he kissed her, and tried mouth to mouth, and then tried to tried to get her heart to start again, as he could see Tess gloating at the despair in his face, as he had too much of it in his heart as Michael knew Tess had finally pushed Max too far, as Max grabbed the gun he had taken from the cave, and shot Tess without any hesitation and she collapsed, with blood spilling out, eyes closing and dying on impact.

“Good aim Maxwell,” Michael quipped as he quickly knew to move the body out of sight because Jim was on the way, and the ambulance arrived minutes later as Max went back to trying to bring the love of his life back… “Complications from delivery,” Max muttered as he was at a loss to try to explain what had happened. “She’s been unresponsive for five minutes,” Max said in despair…

As the paramedics began work, and finally established a rhythm as they moved her to a gurney and put her in the ambulance and they didn’t know it was too late, and if Liz was lost to them, as they also took the baby from Isabel, and Isabel promised to go with Liz and the baby and rushed off towards the ambulance, and insisted on holding the baby in the vehicle as she sat next to its unconscious mother.

“Where is she?” Jim asked as he had his deputies take the goons from the chamber, into custody and he was the only one left out in the desert.

“She’s no longer an issue,” Max muttered. “She was prepared for Liz to die, and was planning to kill her and the baby…”

Jim nodded as he headed back to his car, going with the “Don’t ask too many question” mode of dealing with the fact the girl who lived him for a time was now dead, and had been a murderous traitor who had betrayed him and betrayed his own son and used him as a pawn in her crimes.

She was dead. And therefore, Jim didn’t shed a tear.

Once alone, Michael quickly went to move the body behind the rocks, and dragged it into the chamber, and made sure to stash it away from any sight and then allowed the door to close. “I’ll come back and deal with it, later. Isabel and I will both…”

Max nodded as the inner angst ate at him. “You could have told me?”

“I didn’t know, heck even Maria didn’t know until tonight. Liz was evidently hiding from all of us back here, and obviously because she knew the larger issues with the baby” Michael admitted.

Max nodded as she had to have known, he was the likely father.

“Let’s go to the hospital,” Michael nodded as they walked to the car. “Tess had to know it would have come to this…”

Max nodded and not feeling any remorse.

Tess was dead, and he was free. But Liz was married… and he stood to lose to even a greater tragedy if she survived and went back to Brian along with their daughter.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Chapter 16 - 11/24/2019

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I'm glad Tess is dead. Now Liz needs to recover and leave her husband and go to Max.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

The wicked bitch is finally dead.......
Now the marathon to keep Liz alive, along with the baby.
It's good that Max is finally free........and I'm sure Liz's husband will soon realize what a sham of a marriage he has with Liz.
The main thing now is to save Liz.
Superman86
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Superman86 »

I hope Liz and the baby really be ok, Max and Liz deserve to be together. As for Brian poor, poor, clueless Brian he will be in for a rude Awakening!!! Let's hope he don't retaliate when things come to light
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

If Walls Could Talk... - Chapter 17 - 12/01/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

She was floating, and her brain was fuzzy as eyes opened as she saw that she was in an ambulance as she looked around and saw compassionate eyes when they used to stare at her with resentment. “What…” she tried to ask but her throat was dry, and she felt weak as she saw the IV in her arm giving her much needed fluids. She wondered if she was in a kind of heaven but then glancing at Isabel, she knew she was still alive, but she didn’t know what that would mean.

“Tess is dead…” was all Isabel said softly as Liz’s eyes went wide. “You’re going to be okay,” she whispered.

She felt that she had control of her hands, and knew the handcuffs were gone and she as she felt her stomach, she knew the baby was gone. “The baby?”

“Right here,” Isabel said as she held a bundle as she showed Liz her bundle of blankets, and she saw a sleeping child… It’s a girl. As tears came from Liz’s eyes, “Liz, she’s strong. She’ll need to be checked out, but she is doing a lot better…”

Liz nodded as she looked around. “Max…”

“He knows, and he saved the day but he had to stay and answer a few questions, but I am sure, he’ll be at the hospital soon enough” Isabel acknowledged as Liz nodded weakly and her eyes closed as Isabel watched over both the baby, and of Liz who slept the rest of the way to the hospital.

The Parkers, Maria and Kyle who had rushed into the emergency room as the ambulance arrived at the hospital came out as the ambulance pulled in and for a few fear making moments as they waited for the doors to open, they feared the worst but finally the doors open and Isabel was first to pop out holding the baby, as they all looked shocked as Isabel announced “It’s a girl” she said as a moment later the paramedics unloaded Liz on the stretcher, and she was wheeled into the emergency room. “What happened?” Jeff Parker asked of Isabel.

“Tess,” Isabel murmured. “The baby was already born by the time we got there…” she admitted. “Tess wasn’t happy to know it was a girl.”

“Why?” Nancy asked.

“She couldn’t use it as a bargaining chip,” Isabel said. “The baby needs to be checked out,” she sighed as she rushed into the emergency room and allowed the nurse to take the baby, and have it examined.

“How bad was it?” Maria asked as they rushed in, and she saw Isabel stand over the baby, and she immediately both Liz and Max in the baby as they monitored it and checked the vital signs.

“I’ll talk about it shortly,” Isabel was all he said. “How is she?” she asked of the doctor, who nodded.

“Strong,” the doctor indicated. “Despite the circumstances, she’s monitoring strong and looks like she’s pretty healthy.”

“Thank god,” Isabel muttered as the baby was whisked away for more testing, and Isabel was left behind to face the Parkers, Kyle who were now in the emergency room. “Where is Brian?”

“He was called away to deal with business, he’ll be here as soon as possible” Jeff said as they waited for news about Liz. “How bad was it Isabel?”

“Tess wanted her dead,” Isabel admitted. “She was losing blood due complications from the delivery, and whatever they were doing to her to make her deliver, and they weren’t making any effort to help her, and fortunately we got to her in time, but still we had to battle Tess to get to Liz… and things took a turn.”

Maria nodded.

“We lost her there for a moment,” Isabel revealed. “Max had to give her mouth and mouth and chest compressions before the paramedics made it to the site. Otherwise, she would have been lost…”

“Oh god,” Nancy muttered as she grabbed her husband’s hand. “Max saved her?”

Isabel nodded.

“Where’s Tess?” Kyle asked.

“She’s dead…” was all Isabel said, and the eyebrows went up. “Best not to talk about it here,” she sighed as Max and Michael rushed into the emergency and came for them. “She’s still in with the doctors.”

“The baby?” Max asked.

“Strong, but anything else, don’t know” Isabel managed. “She’s also being monitored.”

“Isabel tells me you saved my daughter’s life?” Jeff asked.

“I would have done anything for her to live, and to have been put through what she was in the first place” Max allowed. “I am just glad she has a chance now,” he said softly as Jeff nodded.

“We thank you,” Jeff sighed as Brian rushed in. “Where’s Liz?” he asked. “Where’s my wife?”

And once more Max was reminded what he had lost due his trust in Tess, and what he stood to lose if Liz abided by her marriage vows and took his baby and went back to her husband.

“She’s resting,” said the doctor twenty minutes later as they came out to brief the family and Brian. Max stood behind as he craved information and yet knew he was not next of kin, nor were the Parkers anymore and he had to have hope. “She lost a great deal of blood, and she’s going through a transfusion to replace it, but she is resting, and her condition is no longer critical”

“When can I see her?” Brian asked.

“Give it another few hours, and then she’ll be up for visitors,” the doctor nodded. “She’s improving but still needs time.”

“Thank you, doctor,” Brian nodded. “And my daughter” and Max almost flinched as Isabel took his hand to prevent him from slipping, as Jeff Parker looked at Max as Brian asked for update.

“She’s strong,” the doctor smiled. “She’s doing very well. She’s in the NICU but she’ll probably be moved to the nursery in a little while…

“Can I see her?” Brian asked.

“Yes,” the doctor nodded as she and Brian walked off, and Max was left to imagine what could have been as he couldn’t handle the angst and walked away and ended up outside of the emergency room.

“It’s killing him,” Isabel whispered to Michael and Kyle who only nodded as she followed the signed to side of the hospital, and found him sitting by a wall, away from the doors as he stewed over the new circumstances in his life. “How are you doing?”

“She’s alive, and that is all I wanted” Max croaked.

“You want so much more, and you know it,” Isabel asked as she watched her brother slip into the depths of despair. “I never wanted this for you.”

“I know,” Max said hoarse. “This is my fault. This is our fault, because I brought Tess into her life, and she almost died because of me. If only had stayed away from her and allowed her to move on and away from me, then she wouldn’t have died.”

“She’s not dead,” Isabel said.

“But she did, yet again, and this time is on me” Max said softly. “If I had just left her alone, then she would be safe and not fighting to survive.”

“She’s going to make it,” Isabel said. “Max don’t put this on you, because it’s only Tess who is at fault and it’s pointless to feel the guilt when it belongs to some one else. We all face fault for letting Tess get as far as she did.”

“At the end of the day, it is on me,” Max said getting up and feeling the weight of the world on his shoulder and the burden of what could have been if only he had made different choices and stormed off which left Isabel tense along with Michael and Maria. “Tess was the worst mistake of my life, and it’s on me” he said as his footsteps faded away form the group.

“And dead, thank god” Michael murmured.

She felt like she was coming to and out of the clouds and she felt the warmth and felt softness of the bed that she laid in as her eyes opened and she looked around and saw that she was in a hospital bed and no longer in a cold dirty chamber or in a ambulance but in a hospital, attached to fluid feeding IV’s. She knew she felt stronger as she looked around and saw Maria smiling at her. “Hi,” she croaked through her dry throat.

“Thirsty,” Maria asked picking up a glass of water and putting the straw to her mouth.

“Thank you,” Liz muttered as she struggled to remember. “What day is it?”

“Monday,” Maria murmured. “You slept all night…”

Liz nodded as she felt weak but stronger. “The baby?” she asked as she remembered Isabel telling her that baby was okay as she felt a tremendous need to see her daughter, and to know she was doing okay as it this wasn’t how she expected it to be.

“She’s precious,” Maria smiled. “She looks just like you…”

“Max…” Liz whispered and saw Maria frown and only then then she sensed trouble as she looked and saw Brian show himself as it dawned on her that he had overheard her, and her asking for another guy.

“I will leave you,” Maria said simply and quickly vanished from the room.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Chapter 17 - 12/01/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Well am I wrong to say it's Max's turn to step way while Liz and Brian take his daughter home......?
It won't hurt Max to see what Liz has gone through all of these years.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Chapter 17 - 12/01/2019

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Max should have never trusted Tess. Liz will need to figure out if she wants the sham of a marriage to continue. She still needs to tell Max about Zane's identity. Tess didn't blab that during her confession.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

If Walls Could Talk... Chapter 18 - 12/04/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

“I knew,” Brian said simply as he sat next his wife’s bedside and looked at his wife who looked so weak as the hospital room filled with uncertainty and anxiety as she looked around and then concentrated on her husband. “I knew I wasn’t the one you wanted, and there was always someone else.”

“You knew?” Liz asked as she tried to come to the terms with the sudden new dynamic of her life… as she saw the truth on her husband’s face and knew she had been kidding herself to think he could have been so oblivious all this time, and for her to think she could lie to him and think they could be happy.

“Yes,” Brian nodded. “It was obvious there was someone else in your past, and then of course my father couldn’t help but check up on you before we got engaged” he admitted of the background check that he had fought over with his father when he found out that his father had gotten his investigator friend to conduct one when he came home the first time with Liz to introduce her and then announced his intention to marry her…

“Oh god,” Liz thought of what her father-in-law might have discovered and knew how he was distrustful of her when she first got involved with his son, despite being on the track to medical school, and while he had slowly come around, she knew it was never absolute trust or approval, and yet Brian still wanted her, and gone against her family, and now she felt guilty. “What did he find out?”

“That you were involved with someone in high school, and it got you into trouble and how you almost went to prison due to your association with him…”

“Oh god,” Liz thought. “There is more to that story…” she murmured as she tried to make sense of how the past was raining on her present and she couldn’t quite comprehend it. “Wait, if your father did a check on me, and you knew I had a past… Why didn’t it stop you from wanting to marry me?”

“Simple. I loved you, and that hasn’t changed Liz. I love you” Brian said softly. “I told my parents I trusted you, and they could trust you too. It never mattered to me there was someone else before me, and I knew when you came home last summer that you started to become distant and I knew from my father’s investigator, that you had a ex here in town.”

“Brian…” Liz tried.

“I knew he was married to someone else, and therefore I thought I had a chance” Brian asked. “I thought wrong, didn’t I?”

“I love you too,” Liz whispered.

“Did you?” Brian asked. “Do you?”

“Yes,” Liz said. “I did want to marry you, and I said yes because I wanted to, but yeah when I came back to town, I ran into my ex…”

“I knew when you said yes to us eloping that you were running from someone, and something” Brian asked. “I knew that day surprising you in your suite, as the signs were all there as I have seen to many cases of beds in that kind of disarray in my time as hotel manager, and that is why I proposed that we elope, because I knew you would take having the ring on your finger seriously, once the vows were said, and if we were married, I thought we could make it work, and when we moved to Vegas, which I knew was you wanting to be away from whoever was in your heart, and still, I thought it was working but lately I felt you distancing from me again, and I knew that I couldn’t compete with your past.”

“Brian,” Liz said softly.

“I know I am not the baby’s father” Brian revealed to Liz’s shock. “I always knew, from the minute you told me you were pregnant, I knew it was your past.”

“I though it was you,” Liz asked. “I truly did…”

“I had an injury when I was younger and it made me very unlikely to be able to father my own children,” Brian revealed to the paleness on his wife’s face. “I wanted tell you, and then you told me you were pregnant, and I knew I couldn’t be the father…”

“But you wanted me, and the baby?”

“I love you Liz, and I always have” Brian sighed. “I thought we had something special despite the past being so present for you, but I guess I can’t compete with the past. I know your baby’s father is the one who saved your life…” he murmured because he knew immediately after finding out Max saved his wife, and knew from the angst on the face of Max that he was the one, and knew that he was on in a losing battle despite knowing it was his ring on Liz’s finger, and despite knowing how Liz viewed that…

“I am sorry Brian,” Liz said softly as the weight of what she had done came crashing down on her. “I never wanted to hurt you which is why I didn’t want to tell you because it meant hurting you, and I thought the past was the past. Last summer exempted. The past was indeed the past to me, and I wanted us to work, but lately, I knew I wasn’t being fair to you, and I was hurting you.”

“I wish we could have worked…” Brian asked. “But you still love him, don’t you? The baby’s father?”

“Yes,” Liz admitted. “I wish I didn’t, but I met him when I was fifteen and he was such an important part of my life. We screwed it up, and I don’t know if it could possibility work and I don’t even know if I want to try, but I don’t want to hurt you anymore because it’s clear I am, and for the baby’s sake, well, I need to protect her”

Brian nodded. “I am here for you, regardless Liz” Brian said and Liz felt like a fraud as he took her hand and squeezed it as Max popped his head in and went pale at the warm moment he witnessed, and he quickly rushed off.

Maria found herself in front of the nursery window. Liz’s little girl was now in a basket, and still unnamed as she sighed when she saw the image of both Liz and Max in the little girl’s face as Michael found her. “She’s so precious.”

“She’s very unique,” Michael allowed.

“How bad was it Michael?” Maria asked as they bonded over the baby in front of them and thinking of the one, they had at home in the car of her adoring grandmother who was spending time at the house with the kids.

“Tess believed she had found the ticket back home,” Michael muttered. “It would have worked if she had been a boy,” he sighed. “I don’t know how it would have worked but it was clear she was letting Liz die, regardless of whether she was able to get back there…”

“She’s a monster,” Maria murmured with the knowledge that Tess had already taken so much from them, in Alex and now she almost gotten her final revenge on Max.

“Who threatened Liz before she went and eloped. Which is why Liz married Brian” Michael muttered to the shock of Maria who listened with fascination. “I don’t know what she used, but she got to Liz.”

“Now that makes total sense,” Maria murmured as they looked at the baby. “I never could figure out why Liz would elope so quickly after being with Max. She would only say that seeing Brian burst the fantasy and she saw Brian as the one she wanted as she knew Tess was never going to give Max his freedom. Michael, Brian knows about Max…”

“Are you kidding me?” Michael asked.

“Liz and Brian are talking now…” Maria muttered. “I don’t know how it will go…”

“Why don’t we go home,” Michael sighed as he saw Max coming down the hallway, and knowing Max needed privacy. “I am sure you want to see the girls,” he asked as he smiled at Maria as they gave each other a small kiss and walked off together as Max saw them walk off as he approached the nursery.

Max winced at the wording of the name, Baby Girl Douglas but he stayed and watched as the baby slept. To him, she looked like Liz, wrapped in a pink blanket and could watch her forever and forget what he stood to lose, even greater now than he did just a day before as he stayed and watched and got lost in the moment.

“She’s beautiful,” said a small voice and he didn’t know if he was dreaming when he heard it and turned and saw Liz in her hospital gown in a wheelchair and watching him watch the baby.

“She looks so much like you,” Max said softly and was struck by her beauty. “How are you doing?”

“Better,” Liz said. “I wanted to come and meet my daughter given I couldn’t do it the traditional way although Isabel showed me her face in the ambulance.”

“Liz…” Max murmured.

“Max don’t” Liz said simply, drained from the experience despite the sleep she had gotten “It’s over…” she murmured as she didn’t want to discuss the fact his wife nearly killed her, and would have if he hadn’t arrived in time.

Max nodded as nurse came out and asked if they wanted to see the baby, and Liz smiled, and Max felt for one moment like this was all a dream.

“Do you want to come in,” Liz asked of Max and his eyes went wide.

“Really?” Max murmured.

“She deserves a chance to meet you too,” Liz said softly, and Max nodded as he pushed the chair into the nursery, and to the basket, as she up into the basket, and he looked down at the little girl wrapped in a pink blanket.

“Who wants to hold her first?” The nurse asked.

“Go ahead?” Max said softly as the nurse took the baby out of its basket and placed her in her mother’s arms. Liz felt in awe by weight of what was in her arms as she looked down and felt a bond form between mother and daughter, and then she saw in the baby Max. “I see you…” she whispered.

“She’s something right…” Max asked.

“She is,” Liz nodded as they spent time with their daughter.

The fire filled the desert skies hours later as Michael, Isabel and Kyle watched as fire took away any evidence of Tess from their lives. Max was at home trying to deal with a new reality, as he sat his son down after he woke up from a dream when he heard the front door open, as he saw Max send off his babysitter.

“Daddy?” Zane asked.

“Yes Zane?” Max asked as he settled on his son.

“Mommy is dead, isn’t she?” Zane asked, as he felt the moment that Tess left their earth and existence.

“Yes, son” Max sighed a he looked into his son’s eyes. “She has left us,” he murmured. “He did care about you know,” he lied to the boy who looked at his father like he knew the truth. “She would want you to remember her kindly,” he lied so brazenly that he felt like a fraud.

“You don’t have to tell me that,” Zane muttered.

“It’s the truth,” Max muttered as he saw the bedroom open and out came Michael and Maria who had overheard the voices in Zane’s bedroom.

“I know she wasn’t my true Mommy,” Zane said matter of fatly that it stunned Max who stared at the boy confused. “You are not my true Dad either, or so Mommy says. I saw her talking to your friend Liz…”

“What are you saying?”

“She took me from your planet, but she’s not my Mommy” Zane said as Max looked up widely at Michael who was cursing under her breath.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Chapter 18 - 12/04/2019

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Did Max get to hold his daughter? Max and Liz really need to talk.

P.S. Brian should have told Liz that he didn't know if he could have kids because of his accident. She should have known going into the marriage.