How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: How was your day?

Post by April »

Alison, is this your first time being blonde? You'll have more fun, that's for sure! :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm glad to hear your computer problems aren't as bad as you thought. What a relief, huh?
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

You know I've never understood why women would want to change their hair to another color. Yes I can undertand if you're going gray and want to not show your age so you dye it back.....but to change the color to something else...no thanks I'll stay with the one I was born with :lol:
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

killjoy wrote:You know I've never understood why women would want to change their hair to another color. Yes I can undertand if you're going gray and want to not show your age so you dye it back.....but to change the color to something else...no thanks I'll stay with the one I was born with :lol:
Well, I'm a natural brunette and was looking for a change. It was in College that I started really experimenting with hair coloring. In high school, I just bough a bunch of Kool-Aid packages and streaked my hair with it :lol: Yeah, I know ... Kool-Aid is not just for drinking!

Anyway, the lightest I've ever gone was Strawberry Blonde. Since my hair is so dark, I was afraid of stripping it further of its natural pigmentation. I have to say though ... it was a good color on me. I just got tired of maintaining constantly :roll: This poor College kid has better things to spend her money on.

Some people just like to try on a different look. Some use the new color to adopt a new persona. Some people just feel that they are bringing out their true self just by changing the color of their hair. Everyone is different though.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

killjoy wrote:You know I've never understood why women would want to change their hair to another color. Yes I can undertand if you're going gray and want to not show your age so you dye it back.....but to change the color to something else...no thanks I'll stay with the one I was born with :lol:
In many cases, people who dye their hair think their natural hair color isn't the one that looks best on them. Just because someone is born with brown hair doesn't mean they wouldn't look better as a platinum blonde or vice versa. Maybe a different hair color sets off their eyes better or their skin, or maybe they just like the way they feel with a different hair color.

But how about this: Though I currently dye my hair, I have never dyed it a shade that it hasn't already been.

:lol:

I'm the only person I've ever known who's been a redhead, blonde and brunette, all naturally. I was born a redhead, and my hair is dyed red now.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Nobody else has mentioned it but honestly it's fun. It's like a way to recreate yourself without having to spend hundreds of dollars on new clothes, a little cut, a little color, and a whole new you. Sure most of it smells awful but it's only for about 45 minutes.
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

Real redhead. I did go dark brown for a year. Last weekend went and dyed it with blue highlights. Looks good on me. I love it.

I like dying my hair. Then again it also scares me. I do want to keep my red hair, but it is fun to change it up a bit.
- Amanda
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

What everyone else said. It's fun, exciting, it changes the how you look, it's a way to reinvent yourself and if you're starved of attention, your friends and family's reactions are pretty fun as well.

And we're not the only gender who dye their hair. Let's not stereotype. :wink:

Alli, I was actually born a platinum blonde and then my hair darkened into an auburn, went back to sandy blonde and then went a medium to light brown. So... blonde, red, brown. You and I are practically twins with slightly differently spelt names. Although I've definitely dyed my hair a different colour than what it has been. I went black in my last year of schooling, not because I was emo, just because I liked the colour and wanted to see if it worked on me.

Oh, and Ellie... :wink:
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

Rowedog wrote:And we're not the only gender who dye their hair. Let's not stereotype. :wink:
True dat. :lol:
Alli, I was actually born a platinum blonde and then my hair darkened into an auburn, went back to sandy blonde and then went a medium to light brown. So... blonde, red, brown. You and I are practically twins with slightly differently spelt names. Although I've definitely dyed my hair a different colour than what it has been. I went black in my last year of schooling, not because I was emo, just because I liked the colour and wanted to see if it worked on me.
God...we really are, aren't we? :lol: My color story went red, blonde, red, brown.

I think I'd look weirdly washed out with black hair, which is why I haven't tried it. I would like to try blue or an acid green, but it's not the most appropriate look if you're attempting to find a job at an establishment that isn't know for tattoos or piercing or what have you. Maybe purple. Not pink. These days, pink is no longer punk.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

OMG so happy!!! They fixed my favorite video game again. I have a weird Final Fantasy obsession and XII sucked. I only bought XIII cause my husband wanted it, and well I had to see if they fixed it and they did!!! Combat no longer makes me motion sick, which in turn makes me happy. Oh and my best friend is drunk texting me which is pretty funny, I've never been on the receiving side before it's amusing.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

valentinebaby wrote:OMG so happy!!! They fixed my favorite video game again. I have a weird Final Fantasy obsession and XII sucked. I only bought XIII cause my husband wanted it, and well I had to see if they fixed it and they did!!! Combat no longer makes me motion sick, which in turn makes me happy.
So I take that to mean FFXIII is good? The last final fantasy I played was X...not counting the VII spin offs. I've been contemplating getting XIII because I thought it and XIII versus seem interesting, but I wanted to wait to hear what people thought of it.

~Chad~