When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

KristenRose wrote:Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm working on the next part to Intertwined and I need to know if there's anything that only Maria or Alex and Liz would know around the time of the shooting or any nicknames Liz might have for Maria other than Hurricane DeLuca or for Alex. I don't know if anyone here has read the story, but it's an AU of the events of the shooting. Liz still gets shot but ends up sharing a body with Max. I'm looking for things that Max/Liz could say that only Liz, Maria, and Alex might know, nicknames, or things they might have talked about. Things that it might look odd for Max to say to Maria or Alex that would make them a little suspicious. If anyone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

Kristen
Hmmm, first I have to say that your fic sounds very intriguing. I might have to go find it now. :D Anyway, you could possibly use the conversation about Max and Kyle in the first episode for Maria. Maybe Max can call Kyle a poodle or something. Other than that, I'm not really sure what canon you could use.

I wish I could think of something else, but if you want it to be before the shooting, it might be better to make something up. There were only like 10 minutes of the show that were before the shooting.

Hope that helps at least a bit. :D
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
KristenRose
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by KristenRose »

Well I was thinking there might have been something about their past revealed in a later episode that I'm just not aware of. I've only seen all of Season 1 and a few eps here and there from Seasons 2 and 3.

Changing Destiny
http://magical-worlds.us/changingdestiny/
A site for multi-fandom fic, challenges, and recs.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Not sure about Alex, but a reference to Billy Darden and Maria's songwriting retreat summer camp (mentioned in 'behind the music' in season three) might be appropriate. Or Dough Sohn, the eighth-grade fling that Maria mentioned in 'the Balance' (comparing his kissing technique to Michael's, with the balance much in Michael's favor.)

Hope this helps a little.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Does anyone remember what time of day "Destiny" ended? I mean when Liz ran out of the cave, was it morning? afternoon? evening? night?
lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

I think it was around afternoon some time, because the sun was still up, so it couldn't of been night, and Max and Liz woke up in the bus that morning, ran from the FBI, went to meet the others at the hiding spot, went into town to the UFO center and did their interrogation, rescued Nesado, then went to the pod chamber.

So after doing all that, it should of been afternoon.
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

KatnotKath wrote:Strictly speaking this isn't a question about cannon stuff, more a question of what happens in the US. I'm wanting to give my characters a history or english assignment which is an essay about a particular person or event. I'm from the UK, and I know we did do odd bits like this, but I know we studied different things and would be grateful for some hints as to what I might be able to use. THe chaarcters in question are 16 and 15, so basically junior year (if I'm remembering right).

Kat
For me..Junior year of High School is what we call "Western Civilizations" or "Western Civ" for short...mind you this was 6 years ago and I slept through most of that class but it mostly dealt with European History...I recall some stuff about Napoleon, a vague rocollection about the French Revolution and alot of suff on World War I and World War II.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

KatnotKath wrote:Strictly speaking this isn't a question about cannon stuff, more a question of what happens in the US. I'm wanting to give my characters a history or english assignment which is an essay about a particular person or event. I'm from the UK, and I know we did do odd bits like this, but I know we studied different things and would be grateful for some hints as to what I might be able to use. THe chaarcters in question are 16 and 15, so basically junior year (if I'm remembering right).

Sorry, I know this is a bit of a wierd one, but I need certain characters to take a trip to the library, and this is the most likely scenario I can come up with...

Kat
I'm a senior right now. 16? They should probably be studying algebra, liz would be doing precalc or physics. theyd also be doing biology or biology 2, Literature Appreciation, and/or a foreign language,
Absence of proof is not proof of absence
dreamer84
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dreamer84 »

Fehrbaby wrote:
Zanity wrote:
lizard_queen wrote:This is just a random question that always bugs me and i never really know what to write in my fics about it, so i figured now is a good time to ask:

I'm from Australia, and here we only have two schools. There's primary, which is kindergarten to yr 6, and then high school, which is 7 to 12. But i know in america you guys have 3 schools.

What i was wondering is what are the school types called (i know the first is elementary, yay me!), what grades for each school, and also, what are the names for each grade. (e.g i know you have freshmen and seniors and that, but what grades exactly are they?)

Thank you,

Ki-ki
We actually have two different line ups depending an the years you went to school and the location.

One is:

K-6 -- Elementry
7-9 -- Middle School
10-12 -- High School

10 -- Freshman
11 -- Junior
12 -- Senior

The other:

K-6 -- Elementry
7-8 -- Jr. High
9-12 -- Highschool

9 -- Freshman
10-- Sophmore
11-- Junior
12-- Senior

But it's been a while so I might have it backwards. 7-8 might be middle school and 7-9 might be Jr. High
Another option - and the way my district works - is:

K-5 is elementary school
6-8 is middle school
9-12 is high school

Just thought I'd add that in.

Christina
Just want to add another option. The way my district works is:

Kindergarten
1-4 elementary school
5-8 middle school (also called junior high school)
9-12 high school
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

lizard_queen wrote:Another quick question:

Did we ever find out what the hell those pills were that Nasedo kept popping when he was shape shifting?
I'm not sure if we ever found out in the show. But it's common fanfic convention to say they were TicTacs.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

tequathisy wrote:I think they were just a prop to help people keep track of Nacedo so they could identify each persona he took on and not get confused.
Of course, if that's the answer, then it becomes even more surprising that Edcedo/Maxcedo/Piercedo/Agent-Browncedo never took tic tacs. :)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.