When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

lizard_queen wrote:Chrisken - they may not have done it with Max becuase if we knew straight away that he was really Nasedo, the illusion would have been shattered. And with Pierce, we already knew he was pretending to be Pierce and also agent Brown. I guess with Ed Harding, since that was his base form he didn't really need the pills that did whatever they did?
Yeah, but Maxcedo could have popped some pills AFTER Liz had figured it out and told us viewers -- same with the other shapes he assumed. The thing is, when there are shapeshifters running around... how can you tell if there's more than one? ;) There have been theories in the Roswell fandom for ages that 'tic tac man' was not at all the same character as Ed Harding.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

KatnotKath wrote:hey guys, sorry to bother everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knows if a name was given to the retirement home that there was the new year party for at the Crashdown in 'tale of two parties'?

Thanks

Kat
Courtesy of Crashdown.com transcripts. The retirement home is called "desert inn retirement community" Hope that helps!

~Jennifer~
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

pLANETv33n3ss wrote:heyy guys, could someone plz tell me the name of alex's sweedish gf??
i've been completely drawing a blank the whole week!
thx in advance
*hugz*
Do you mean Leanna?
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

FallenMagic wrote:Hey guys!

I need your brilliant minds to help me answer some of my queries. I'm writing a new fic and could some one pls supply me with the following:

1. When did the gang leave Roswell? (As precise as possible)

2. What's Isabel's wedding date?

3. When is Isabel's birthday?

Thanks! :D
Isabel said in 'surprise' that her birthday party had been on October 25th. (of 2000, that year, and she was 18.)

Not sure about Isabel's wedding date. From the airdates, it would be mid-November of 2001, maybe sometime between the 11th and the 15th. There might be a quick shot of an invitation in 'to have and to hold', but I don't have the episode here with me.

Regarding when they leave Roswell...

In graduation, when they thought the Special Unit attack would happen at the UFO convention, Liz said that was in less than 2 weeks, and Max said that they had 12 days to stop it. The date given for that was June 12th 2002, so they were probably discussing it on May 30th.

They repeated the twelve days thing again when Max asked Liz to marry him, not sure if that's supposed to be another day or not. But it was either the same day or the next day that the graduation ceremony was held.

I'd say they left sometime between may 30th and June 2nd. Sorry I can't really narrow it down any further.

Hope that helps!!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

FallenMagic wrote:Thank Chrisken! It helps a lot! :D

One more question however, remember when Maria took Michael to the fortune teller and she gave him a card to keep as a reminder? What was on the card? Was it a tarot card of playing card?
It was "The Lovers Card", which is a tarot card

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

One more question however, remember when Maria took Michael to the fortune teller and she gave him a card to keep as a reminder? What was on the card? Was it a tarot card of playing card?
IIRC correctly, it was 'the lovers', a Tarot major arcana card. In Tarot, briefly, there are usually four suits that more or less compare with playing card suits, though the designs on the numbered cards are fancier - wands, coins, swords, and cups. There are four court cards in each suit - usually king, queen, knight, and page, or something like that.

In addition to the four suits, there is a long sequence of about twenty-two very fancy cards... the major arcana. If you're actually playing a card game with the tarot, they usually make up a fifth, trump suit. For fortune telling purposes, they generally represent more fundamental and complex elements than the other tarot cards.

There are many, many different tarot deck styles, with different artwork and often different interpretations of the cards. I can't identify which deck was shown in 'Graduation'... it *might* have been rider-waite, a particularly well known one, but probably not. I think that some other decks don't call that card 'the lovers', but 'dilemma' or 'choice' or something like that. :)

Hope that this helps.

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Just a quick note.

If you've noticed that this thread page count has been going down, I'm pruning it to delete all the posts that have no information in them.......so don't fret-- I'm not erasing any of the important stuff!
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

Chrisken wrote:

IIRC correctly, it was 'the lovers', a Tarot major arcana card. In Tarot, briefly, there are usually four suits that more or less compare with playing card suits, though the designs on the numbered cards are fancier - wands, coins, swords, and cups. There are four court cards in each suit - usually king, queen, knight, and page, or something like that.

In addition to the four suits, there is a long sequence of about twenty-two very fancy cards... the major arcana. If you're actually playing a card game with the tarot, they usually make up a fifth, trump suit. For fortune telling purposes, they generally represent more fundamental and complex elements than the other tarot cards.

There are many, many different tarot deck styles, with different artwork and often different interpretations of the cards. I can't identify which deck was shown in 'Graduation'... it *might* have been rider-waite, a particularly well known one, but probably not. I think that some other decks don't call that card 'the lovers', but 'dilemma' or 'choice' or something like that. :)

Hope that this helps.
Ill be damned if theres anything about Roswell you dont know.
Absence of proof is not proof of absence
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

So does anyone remember what Kyle's friend, Paulie looked like? And what color eyes did Kyle and Maria have?
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

Lillie wrote:So does anyone remember what Kyle's friend, Paulie looked like? And what color eyes did Kyle and Maria have?
Kyle's eyes are blue to blue/gray, and Maria's eyes are green.