Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

On top of that K_K, remember all of the kids and the teacher at the school river was first at in one of River's flashbacks...the teacher told all of the children to lay down, but River refused. The teacher told her it would easier if she would just lie down. Then you saw the flash of the Reaver and then River woke up. Interesting? I think so.

I was sort of expecting Book. Wash on the other hand....It was a total "I can't believe that just FUCKING happened" moment. But at the same time I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

K_K - thank you for bringing that up! I was trying to point that out to my friends but they didn't believe me!! And yes, I totally agree with you about River saying "I'm alright" and meaning so much more - like she was finally sane, not schizo. I loved that moment between Simon and River!

That split second when Wash gets hit, I was left gasping!!! I got so choked up!

And right as they are about to face the Reavers, Kaylee snapping her gun...I love that!! So many moments in this movie!!!

Jayne - I love Jayne!!

Someone PM'd me and asked about the interview I read where Joss said he was bring Wash back but not in a cheesy twin kind of way. I read it on http://www.fireflyfans.net and it was an interview I think done on premiere night. I tried to get the link and exact quote but the website's not working right.

On http://www.whedonesque.com there's another interview where he refuses to answer the question about what is Inara's secret(what was the black stuff in the needle) - so people like myself are holding out hope that there's going to be a sequel.
I'm a believer!
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Yay! I found the interview where Joss answered the questions about Inara's secret needle thing and Alan's return for sequel!

http://www.whedon.info/article.php3?id_article=11365
I'm a believer!
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Thanks for posting those links. :D Always fun to read Joss being Joss, he's so funny. :lol:

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
clarkkent179
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by clarkkent179 »

Wanted to post a bit about the overall impressions Serenity is having on moviegoers.

Browsing around Box Office Mojo yielded the fact that right now, Serenity has the highest rating/grade-average for ALL films on the site. #1 - ahead of Star Wars at #2. The link to the current grade-rankings can be found HERE. Now, I know the overall number of votes is still much lower (775 to 4,000+), but the percentage of grades is what should be noted. If you click on each listed film for more detail, you'll see that just over 79% of the Star Wars grades are 'A's (RotK is #3 overall, but with 83% 'A's) - but Serenity's 'A' grades are almost 88%! I know many who have voted very well may be loyal Browncoats, possibly weighting these grades a little - but still, I give the film props to be ranked at the TOP of this list for any period at all. Shiny.

Misbehavin' does have its little pleasantries.
CLICK on Kristen for the re-vamped -->Wicked-Insanity<-- c'mon, you know you wanna...
elfangel01
Addicted Roswellian

Post by elfangel01 »

so i know wash's death has been debated and you guys have seemed to move on, but i have just seen serenity... i know shame on me for waiting but i had no choice.

it was amazing, better than i ever expected, but when wash died i think my heart stopped. i'm not kidding, i should've known something like that was going to happen b/c joss always kills off my favorite character or does something really crappy to him/her, and since wash is my fav. well...

ok, i'm done ranting... for now.

Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard. Uh, how was that?
-Dr. George O'Malley

Check out my stories :)
viewtopic.php?t=14727
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

We just got back from Nags Head. A nice long (if cloudy and rainy) vacation was just what the doctor ordered...as long as you have a laptop and web access. :wink: I thought that I'd share something that had Missus KK squeeing with joy the other day. She's a diehard Browncoat, and she has a thread running on the official website entitled "Appreciatin' Nathan". It seems to have taken on a life of its own, but that isn't the reason for the squeals of joy. Apparently Nathan himself showed up to post there and said that it was his fave thread, ever.

Which has the thread envy going all over. Suddenly there are , actor, character, and ship appreciation threads springing up all over. :wink: But Missus KK got there first.

Hence the squeeing.

Laters,
Rick
Last edited by Kzinti_Killer on Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Well how cool is that? :lol: Good for her, I'm glad she's got a little "Appreciatin'" herself. :wink:

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

I'm new to the Firefly Universe. I first saw the preveiw for Serenity at the movies and was like 'that looks pretty cool.' Then I found out later it was based on Joss's Firefly and I remembered the show being on Fox but I never watched it.

So I finally draged my Dad to see Serenity with me, he also had never even heard of firefly. But by the end of the movie he said 'it was the best movie he'd seen in a long time and of course I agreed whole heartedly with him.

Its such a strage combination of western/ scifi you wouldn't think it would work but somehow it fits together perfectly. So of coure I ended up buying the DVD set and was wondering "WHY IN THE HELL DID THIS SHOW GET CANCELLED!!!"

My favorite character would have to be River Tam and Summer Glau plays her beautifully. I read that she did 95% of her own stunts in Serenity and also she was a primera balerina before a injury caused her to quit. I love how River's fighting style looks sortof like a dance itself. Joss knew what he was doing when he cast her. :D
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I finally started watching this show, and now I'm wondering why I never did in the first place! I love how it's a mixture of cowboy/western and future/space. And I love all the characters.

I really like how Mal is pretty rough around the edges, but there are these moments when you can really see how much he cares about his crew. Like, when he took in River and Simon, and then defended them against Jayne (the rat!). A lot of 'You go against my crew, you go against me!' going on there. It's sweet.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>