Time After Time Challenge

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

It'd be kind of interesting to see someone work the idea of "walk ins" into a story. It's a new age thing that says that it's possible for a person who undergoes a near death experience to return with a different soul than the one that they went in with. That some sort of swap takes place, with the original soul "passing on". It's supposed to explain the changes in personality, talents, and interests that NDE's sometimes exhibit. I read something a few years ago wherein someone took it a step further to include coma sufferers and the terminally depressed who seem to spontaneously recover.

Laters,
Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

I think this challenge sounds interesting, and I would like to join.
I would like the time period of 1250 to 1280
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Okay, I'm adding RosDude. Welcome!

Fred and I are in semi-agreement that, at this point, it's probably time to cut off fics set in the medieval period, unless they are set places other than Europe. So, for example, a story about Native Americans set during that period is fine, but no more "knights and castles." At this point, we're becoming a bit saturated with them. I'm sure they'll all be wonderful, and original, but this is "Time After Time," not "Time After Time: The Middle Ages." Let's try to spread our wings a bit!

Just out of curiousity, how many of the stories set between 1000 and 1500 ARE actually going to be knights and castles type things? I might be worrying about this for nothing.

Kath
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

If there are too many middle age fics I don't mind taking the time period of 2200-2230 instead. My story works just the same. It even makes it a little bit easier on me. (No research :wink: )
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

RosDude wrote:If there are too many middle age fics I don't mind taking the time period of 2200-2230 instead. My story works just the same. It even makes it a little bit easier on me. (No research :wink: )
Cool! Making the switch. Thanks!
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

Er....mine is definitely about knights and castles lol. It's sort of fairytale-esque. Do I need to change that? Tell me what you will, oh wise one, and I shall make it so...
Doublestuf
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Doublestuf »

Mine definietly not about knights and castles... In fact, I don't think either will appear in me story at all. Does that soothe your worry at least a skoch, ms kath?
A better world has got to start somewhere. Why not with you and me?
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Mine is....but it can be changed if needed. I'd like to know too, how many other stories are about Knights and castles....because I was thinking that the idea of using indians is a good one. Not sure I've ever read one with indians.

Of course, my banner artist will probably kill me, so I'll have to tell her soon, but if we do have a million stories about knights and castles, I may change mine, if she'll still agree to do my banner........

so, who else is writing about knights and castles?
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

Sigh. I am. But in my defense, I'm turning an old WIP in for this challenge. So I didn't start writing a NEW fic about knights and castles for the challenge. Um...does that count? lol
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Mine's set in . . . uh. China :D The Ming Dynasty.

---Nicole.