Open Arms (CC, A/I, Teen-Mature) Complete

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms (CC, A/I, Teen-Mature) Complete

Post by KaraGail »

Open Arms

By: KaraGail

"Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended."

Category: Alex and Isabel

Rating: Teen – Mature (in later chapter)

Setting: After departure and before Season 3

A/N: This is my first fanfic posting. I just wanted to give thanks to Trude who has been encouraging me to go for it. Hope it’s worth it!!

There was nothing special about the small room that was used as a cell for the sole occupant. There was no natural light and nothing on the bare white walls. The only thing that occupied the room was the small cot pushed up against the far wall and the bare light bulb in the ceiling.

The inhabitant of the room was currently pacing as his tall lanky frame ate up the distance from one side of the room to the other. He had spent the last three months within these four walls and it had been the worst months of his life. Since he had arrived here at the compound he had to endure constant questioning from his captures. He knew if he didn’t escape soon then he would definitely crack under the pressure.

Currently he was going over his plan for the hundredth time in his head. There could be no mistakes. Just one small glitch would not only endanger his life but also those lives he had sworn to protect. He could not let that happen.

Over the last month, since his mind had cleared, he had watched anything and everything that might help him. Finally he saw the small gap in his captivity. His eyes strayed to the panel beside the door. It was a key pad that when the correct numbers were punched into it the door would unlock. Each number that was pressed had a certain tone to differentiate the number. After weeks of intense listening he believed he knew what the numbers were.

He knew that night time was coming soon since they had already given him dinner. The night guard would arrive in a couple of hours to replace the day guard and he knew he had to be ready. Lying down on the cot he hoped to get in a nap before his escape that night.

Alex Whitman had to get back to his friends and let them know that they had an enemy among them. He still was unable to comprehend how his life had been flipped upside down all because of a book that he had been mentally manipulated to translate. Then when he had finally figured it out and confronted the little witch, she had faked his death and handed him over to Nicholas and the Skins.

Shutting his eyes his last thought was of Roswell and the girl who he loved. He knew he would protect her and his friends and their secret and he would do anything to get back to them.

TBC...
Last edited by KaraGail on Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:47 am, edited 14 times in total.
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms (CC/AI, Teen-Mature) Part 2

Post by KaraGail »

A/N:Thanks for the encouragement from everyone. I have been a closet writer for quite some time but since there are very few of us Stargazers I thought it best to at least try. Hope you enjoy the next part....

Part 2

Isabel Evans stormed into her room slamming her door behind her and tossing her leather jacket on to her bed. She was so angry with her life that she wished she could slam the door just as easily on her current problems. Seemed her life was never going to be easy and the last couple of weeks proved that.

Not only were they now stuck here on earth but they had found out that one of the alien four had betrayed them. She wanted to scream her anger to the world but instead she found herself quietly sobbing as she picked up the framed picture that had a prominent spot on her nightstand.

She lay down on her bed staring at the grinning picture of Alex. Nothing angered her more than the fact that their betrayer had murdered the guy she had fallen so deeply in love with and left her alone. There were no words to describe the loss she felt in her heart when she saw Max come out of the van with that expression on his face. She had just known that her world would never be right again.

Isabel touched his face with her fingers as she thought about the night of the prom and how special it had been for both of them. She had finally let him in and they were going to start over. It had been magical when she had pressed her lips to his on the dance floor and the world just seemed to stop just for them. They were the only ones on the planet that night and nothing could have ruined the moment.

As she continued to stroke his face with her fingers exhaustion over took her and she shut her eyes only to find herself on the very familiar dream plane.

‘That’s odd.’ She thought to herself as she found that she was being pulled into a specific direction. ‘What is going on?’

Looking around she found herself in a small room that had a cot with a body stretched along it facing the opposite direction of her. She knew somehow not to be scared as she stepped closer curious to find out who had pulled her in. Her heart almost stopped when the body turned over to reveal the most beautiful sight she had ever seen.

Isabel could not control the gasp that passed through her lips. Alex was lying there before her sleeping. His dark hair was sticking up in all directions and his soft lips were open just a crack as he exhaled softly.

‘Was this another dream?’ she wondered as she again stepped closer only to abruptly stop when his eyes flew open and landed on her.

He seemed confused as he focused on her “Isabel?”

Unable to say anything with her heart lodged in her throat she found herself nodding in response as the tears formed in her eyes. She knew she had dreamed many times of being with Alex but this one seemed to be so powerful and felt like nothing she had ever experienced before.

Alex sat up quickly, “How did you find me? Are the others with you?” he fired off questions as he frowned, “did the guard see you?’

At his questions she found herself frowning as well and thought, ‘guard? What guard?’

Suddenly his eyes narrowed as something seemed to dawn on him, “I’m dreaming right? You’re not really here.”

Finally she found her voice, “I don’t know.” She whispered as she came closer drawn by the thought of him being only a few feet away even in her dreams.

Alex rose from the bed and reached for her “If this is a dream then I never want it to end.”

With those words she found herself enveloped in his strong arms as his lips came crashing onto hers. The kiss surpassed even Prom night when he had held her as if she would break. This dream kiss was passionate and desperate as if they were making up for lost time. In his arms she finally felt the peace that had been missing since he died so many months ago.

He was the first to pull back with a grin on his lips “I miss you, Isabel.”

She felt the tears escape as she looked into those beautiful green eyes of his. She tightened her hold on him hoping that this wasn’t the end of the dream. She decided to say the words that she had denied him so many times in life “I love you, Alex.”

His eyes widened at her admission before his lips met hers again in another soul searching kiss. This time when he pulled back he stared into her face as if memorizing every curve with the love shining in his own eyes.

“There is so much I want to tell you.” He started “First I need you to know that Tess isn’t who she appears to be.”

Isabel nodded “Liz figured it out. Tess killed you and made it look like a suicide.”

Alex grinned again “Liz figured it out? I always knew that she was the smartest of us all.” He gently ran a finger down her nose. “I should have come to one of you before going off to face her alone.”

His dream began to fade as they continued to hold each other. Isabel felt her heart race at the thought that he would be leaving her again “Don’t go!”

As she watched him and the room vanish she could have sworn she heard “I will come for you, Isabel! I love you!”

Isabel gasped as she was sucked out of the dream and sat up straight in bed. Her cheeks were wet with the tears she had been crying and she could barely see as she looked down at the picture in her hands. Only one thought kept running through her head, ‘Had that really been a dream?’

TBC..
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms (CC, A/I Teen-Mature) part 3

Post by KaraGail »

A/N: Just a short one today. I'm not so good at writing action so I kept it as simple as possible. I should have a longer post soon!

Part 3

Alex was more than ready when the guard made his check on him. He had pretended to be asleep as he waited for the door to shut then counted to a hundred knowing that the guard was most likely checking the rest of the small compound next.

He said a silent prayer as he walked over to the keypad hoping that he wasn’t wrong about the number combination. His years of music had prepared him for this moment and he mentally crossed his fingers. Pressing in the code that he believed was correct he waited holding his breath until he heard the click of the door unlocking.

Wanting to shout out his joy he made himself remain calm as he paused for a few seconds before slowly opening the door. Peering out he checked the hall way and was relieved to see that his guard was no where to be seen. Quietly he shut the door behind him hearing the lock click back into place.

Hoping he wasn’t walking into a trap he made his way to the entrance that he had seen so many times as he was taken from room to room in the compound. Every so often he would catch a glimpse of the outside when someone would walk in or out and he longed to see the sky again.

Coming to a stop near the door he looked around again to make sure he was still alone. Holding his breath again he gently turned the knob only then let out a long sigh when no alarm went off. Satisfied that the only security measures that his capturers had taken was his room and the guard he opened the door and slipped out into the night.

Knowing he only had a limited time before his guard noticed he was missing, Alex crawled behind some bushes near the building and took a moment to orientate himself to his surroundings. As far as he could see there were no other buildings nearby that he could run to for help and the only other thing visible was a small truck parked near the side of the building.

The truck was his only option as he looked around hoping the night would conceal him. He continued to crawl as he made his way to the passenger side of the truck and opened the door.

“Please have left the keys inside.” He whispered softly to himself hoping luck was on his side again.

Alex was disappointed that after a thorough search the only thing he came up with was the guard’s jacket. No keys were inside but he did leave his wallet that contained a few hundred dollars. He would certainly find some use for it if he got away in one piece.

Putting the truck into neutral he silently pushed it away from the building and down the road until it was out of hearing range of the compound. Running over to the driver’s side he ducked under the dashboard and grabbed the two wires he needed to hot wire the truck. He was grateful that his older brothers had been into their cars and had taken the time to show him a thing or two especially when the truck came to life.

With a chuckle at his cleverness, he put the truck into gear and flew from the compound. Alex knew he would have to ditch the truck in the first town he came to but right now he was just happy to be finally free!!

TBC...
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms (CC, A/I, Teen-Mature) Part 4

Post by KaraGail »

A/N: Thanks for all the nice comments the story is receiving. Hope it continues...

Part 4

“It was just a dream, Isabel.” Max sighed as he sat on the edge of her bed. “Alex is gone.”

Isabel sat there with a pillow tightly held to her chest trying to come to terms with the night before, “Then why did it seem so real, Max?”

“Because you want to believe he is alive. We both heard Tess admit to killing him and even Kyle remembers his part.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” Tears were in her eyes as she whispered, “I know what she did.”

“It wasn’t a dream walk, Isabel. You just fell asleep and imagined that you were dream walking. The stuff he told you were things you already knew and the dream was your subconscious way of dealing with everything.” He looked at his upset sister as he rose from the bed, “Just let it go, Isabel.”

He walked to her door and opened it before turning to look at her again “Let Alex go.”

Isabel watched as her brother shut the door behind him before picking up the picture as the tears fell down on Alex’s face, “How can I let go? How can I let go of my heart?”

Alex couldn’t stop the yawn that overcame him as he tiredly ran a hand through his hair. It had been a long and stressful 10 hours since his successful escape from the compound. He was almost certain that there were no signs of the Skins although he couldn’t be a hundred percent sure since he was extremely exhausted and could have made a mistake somewhere.

He tried to review everything he had done that got him to this point just to make sure. The truck was ditched as he planned, and since he had nothing but a few hundred dollars he hitched a ride with a semi-truck driver. During the drive he found out that he had been in Arizona all these months and that the furthest the driver would be able to take him was Phoenix.

Alex took that time to decide what he was going to do about getting home. He knew that the Skins were probably expecting him to head straight home but there were a few things he needed to take care of before he stepped foot into Roswell. Now that his mind was clear of the warp he had to go back to Las Cruces and find the girl who he thought was ‘Leanna.’ She had something of his and he hoped he could get it back.

Looking at his reflection in the gas station bathroom mirror he knew the first thing he needed to do was to alter his appearance. Picking up the box that he had sat on the sink, Alex began to read the instructions on how to bleach his dark hair to blonde.

Alex Whitman would be going home soon but this time with a new look and a new name.

Three Weeks Later…

“Come on, Isabel!” Max yelled to her through her closed bedroom door “It’s the first day of school and I don’t want to be late!”

Isabel sat in front of her vanity mirror and brushed her hair off her shoulder. She wasn’t in any rush no matter how much Max tried to prod her along. She still couldn’t believe that he had the nerve to try to get her to do anything after forcing her into taking another year of high school.

“Senior year,” she shook her head in annoyance, “what a joke.”

It had been Prom night when she had decided to stay and finish out her final year with Alex. When he died, though, she couldn’t get out of Roswell fast enough but Max had pulled his ’I’m your KING’ crap and now she was stuck in this town.

Arriving at school she allowed her ‘Ice Princess’ persona to come out and keep everyone at arms length. She had decided to ignore all of her old ‘so-called’ friends and just coast through the year. There was no one here that would ever get to her the way Alex had and she continued to blame herself for everything that happened.

‘Maybe if I hadn’t fallen in love with him, he would still be here.’ She sighed and shook her head as she found a back seat in her first period class ‘I would have fallen for him no matter what.’

Looking around the class she decided that the back of the room would be her home for the rest of the year. There was no need to take anything seriously since she had basically all the credits she needed to graduate and was just another name in the teachers roll book.

Pulling out a notebook she began to doodle as the other students poured into the class room at the sound of the bell. After a few moments of idle drawing she noticed that on her notebook she had written ‘his’ name over and over again. Even subconsciously she always had him on her mind.

‘God I miss him so much.’ She thought to herself as she continued to doodle ‘There is nothing I wouldn’t do for him to be alive and by my side again.”

Alex stepped out of the office looking down at the paper in his hand. He had finally arrived in Roswell the day before and it had taken all of his will power not to find his friends and let them know everything. Instead he had decided to wait and check out the area and make sure everything was safe before going to them. He had to make sure that Tess wasn’t a threat to him or his friends before he came out of hiding.

Today he found himself at East Roswell again after finding how easy it was for him to register as a student. No one in the school’s office seemed to recognize him which was a relief. He didn’t want anyone to identify him as the guy who everyone thought was dead but now was walking the hallways. He just hoped his disguise was just good enough to keep him hidden, even from his friends and loved ones.

He made his way to his first period class even though it had already started. Taking a deep breath he opened the door and walked into the room causing the English teacher to stop in the middle of his lecture.

“Yes, may I help you?” Mr. Russell raised an eyebrow above the rim of his glasses.

Alex nodded and walked over to the older gentleman, “I’m a new transfer.”

“Let me see your schedule then.” He looked over the paper as Alex waited quietly, “Your name is Xander Man?”

Again Alex nodded and Mr. Russell turned to the other students and introduced him to the class. He felt his face blush lightly at the attention but kept his face lowered afraid to make eye contact with anyone. Even though this was his first test of his disguise he was pretty sure that no one would recognize him.

He had allowed his hair to get much longer than he had ever let it get before and was now almost a white blond. It had taken him a few washes with the dye to get all of his dark hair but now there was no color left. His emerald green eyes were diluted to a dull brown with the contacts he had been able to purchase along with the glasses that seemed to conceal half of his face.

Alex even had made himself look a lot heavier by wearing bulky clothes with many layers on his slim frame. He knew he looked like the ultimate geek but hoped it would make him invisible to his old class mates.

“Well Mr. Man, since you are new I’m going to assign someone to take you around and show you to your classes.”

“Oh…” Alex shook his head quickly, “That’s not necessary. I’m sure I will be fine.”

“Nonsense, Xander. You are new and you don’t yet know your way around the school.” Mr. Russell looked down at his attendance book and let his finger trail down the list of name until he came across the perfect person for the job.

Looking up from the book and into the sea of students he called, “Miss Evans?”

At the sound of that name, Alex’s head snapped up in surprise as his eyes scanned the students. When his eyes fell on the young blonde beauty in the back row he seemed to forget how to breathe. She was still as gorgeous as the last time he had seen her so many months before.

Isabel had been tuning out the teacher since the beginning of class but when her name was called she looked up at him, “Yes sir?”

“Would you mind showing Mr. Man around to his classes today?” Mr. Russell motioned to the tall boy beside him.

She frowned and shook her head .“Well Mr. Russell, I really don’t think…”

“I’m sure you and the Sunshine Committee wouldn’t mind.” He smiled cutting her off in mid sentence knowing that she could not refuse him.

Isabel put on her fake Ice Princess smile and nodded “Sure. Why not?”

Alex couldn’t help but watch the brief exchange as his eyes never wandered from Isabel. His heart was beating hard in his chest as he watched her glance his way before looking back to her notebook. When she didn’t acknowledge him he could feel the disappointment flow through him but he quickly brushed it off. He couldn’t fault her for not recognizing him. He certainly hadn’t expected for her to stand up, open her arms and welcome him home.

“Okay Mr. Man. The seat beside Miss Evans is empty. Please take your seat.”

TBC...
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms Part 5

Post by KaraGail »

A/N I am glad so many people loved Alex's name. When I first thought of it I was just thinking about a variation of Alexannder Whitman. Thanks for all who see the humor and know that anyone who could put a password on their computer that read "I the Stud" would have a name like Xander Man.

Sorry it took me so long to get the next post up but I had some computer problems at work and am unable to do anything from there anymore :cry: . But now I have a new PC at home and am ready to pound out some more :P

This is just a small part but I promise that in the next couple of parts you will get your wish!

Part 5

Alex moved toward the empty desk unable to take his eyes off Isabel. He was still in awe that she was currently a few feet away from him and he could reach out a touch her if he wanted. Even though it only took him a minute to get to the desk beside her it felt like years to him.

Isabel had returned to doodling after agreeing to be tour guide not noticing that he was gazing at her. She was slightly irked at being roped into taking him around, but since it was only one day she decided to just grin and bare it.

He couldn’t seem to stop himself from looking at the love of his life. Alex could feel the emotions rolling off of her in waves as she sat there quietly doodling. Over the years he had become attuned to her moods and knew that she was not happy at being volunteered to show him around. Even as he was certain of this he also knew there was something else upsetting her.

Sighing he pulled his eyes from her and pulled out his own notebook. Now that he knew Isabel was okay it was time that he checked on the others as well as Tess. He was worried that he had not been the only one she had mind warped to do her bidding so he needed to take it slow and to figure out who to approach first.

30 minutes later the bell rang ended class and he began packing his books back into his bag. He had been watching Isabel out of the corner of his eye for most of class but was still surprised when he felt her presence standing over him.

Isabel looked down at him and once again felt that there was something about this guy. Somewhere in the middle of class she had begun to get a sense of something familiar but had brushed it off as just her imagination, “I’m Isabel Evans. I guess I will be showing you around today.”

Alex had to work to find his voice and luckily he remembered to lower it “I’m Xander”

“Well, Xander, what is your next class?” She lifted her own book bag to her shoulder “I need to know where I am taking you.”

“That’s okay” he grabbed his own bag “I’m sure I can find my own way around.”

Isabel saw the schedule on his desk and picked it up before he could stop her, “It’s no problem. In fact it looks like we have four classes out of six together.”

She handed him back the schedule and their hands accidentally brushed causing her eyes to jump up to his as she experienced a flash. What she saw surprised her as it was the same image that she got the first time she kissed Alex on his front porch.

Confused from what she saw she stepped away from him. “Um…We better get to our next class.”

Alex knew that she had seen something as he watched her walk away before following her deep in thought. He was a little frustrated that she didn’t see what was right in front of her. Of course that had been the way of their relationship from almost the very beginning.

The morning seemed to go by fast as Isabel found herself in the quad at lunch. She had seen the new guy, Xander; vanish at the sound of the lunch bell and had been unable to catch up with him. Knowing they were not in the next class together she worried that he wouldn’t be able to find his way.

“Hey Isabel” Liz Parker smiled at her as she arrived at their table which she was currently sharing with her best friend Maria.

“Hi girls” she sat down across from them and opened her bag and pulled out her food and bottle of Tabasco sauce that she didn’t go anywhere without.

“How’s your morning going so far?” Maria asked as she sipped her juice and watched as her alien friend opened her sandwich and poured the Tabasco on. She still got shudders every time she saw one of them do that to their food.
Isabel shrugged in a noncommittal way, “I’m helping a new guy around today.”

Liz raised an eyebrow “Really? What’s his name?”

“Xander Man.” Isabel said taking a bite into her sandwich hoping her friends didn’t see how the guy had affected her in such a short amount of time. Since they had touched and she got the flash, Isabel found herself looking at him more closely and trying to figure out why. She knew there had to be something about this guy that was causing her to take a second look at him. Normally not even the most good looking guy at school could turn her head.

“Xander?” Maria repeated “Like the guy in Buffy?”

She nodded and swallowed, “I guess so.”

“So where is he?” Liz asked looking around the quad, “If it’s his first day then I’m sure he doesn’t know anyone. It would have been nice of you to ask him to join us.”

Isabel sighed. She should have known her two human friends would want her to do the polite thing, “He ran off as soon as the lunch bell rang and I haven’t seen him since.”

“Seen who?” Michael appeared before them causing all three girls to look up at him.

“Isabel is showing a new guy around campus today.” Maria answered as he sat down beside her. She pressed a kiss to his cheek and slipped her hand on to his jean clad thigh in a comforting gesture. They had become much closer since his almost departure and now were rarely see without the other one some where nearby.

“New guy?” His eyes narrowed at his sister across the table, “Anything we need to be worried about?”

She shook her head at him “I don’t get any bad vines off him. Nothing saying “I’m a Skin.” She paused a moment as she once again remembered her earlier encounter with him, “Though something does seem familiar.”

Michael saw the confusion in her eyes, “I’ll check him out.”

“NO!” she cried dropping her sandwich. Realizing her outburst she took a second to calm down trying to figure out why she was keeping her brother for checking this guy out. “I’ll take care of it, Michael.”

He watched his sister for a moment as she looked back down at her sandwich. Michael knew she was stressed especially since Max told him about the dreams she was having. Maybe this is something she needed to help her take her mind off Alex for awhile.

“Okay but you have to keep us informed.” He wrapped an arm around Maria, “We can not be too careful anymore. No one is without suspicion. I think we learned that lesson with Tess.”

All the girls nodded in agreement and then changed the subject to talking about the first day of school. Isabel tuned the rest of the conversation out as she thought of Xander. How was she going to find out if he was really who he said he was?

TBC...
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms Part 6

Post by KaraGail »

A/N This one is kind of long and answers a lot of questons. Thanks Rhonda for your suggestion (although it took me forever to come up with it!)

Now on to...

Part 6

Alex found himself in the boys restroom during lunch splashing water on his face. He had just seen Liz and Maria walking down the hall and his heart had leaped in joy at the sight o them. When neither one glanced his way he felt that same heart fall to the pit of his stomach in disappointment.

“Okay, Xander “ He reminded himself who he was as he slipped the glasses back onto his nose, “You can do this. It’s only for one more day and then you can go to them. You have to make sure it’s safe before putting them in more danger.”

He thought back to his trip to Las Cruces a few weeks ago. Although he had been able to retrace his steps he had been unable to locate Leanna. All he found was a burned down house that she owned and a series of dead ends. He worried that Tess had been on to them and had taken care of Leanne and she had done to him.

Sighing he picked up his book bag and realized he hadn’t eaten anything. Lunch was almost over and he had spent the time in here reassuring himself that he was still Alex. ‘Tonight I will stake out the Valenti house to watch Tess since she was no where to be found at school. Tomorrow I will be back in the loving arms of my friends.’

Isabel sat in the last class of the day letting her eyes travel to Xander who sat a couple rows over from her and two desks in front. She found it hard to keep her attention on the teacher as she continued to replay the flash in her head.

She still recalled that day when she had gone up to Alex’s steps, so early in the morning, and rang his door bell. When he had opened the door looking sleep tousled she thought she had never seen anything more adorable than him in his pajamas. It had taken all her will power not to crash into his arms and take the kiss that she so desperately wanted instead of asking for it.

His kiss had been like nothing she had experienced before or since then. It was just the right amount of pressure of lips and the controlled passion that he exhibited was almost more than she could handle. Isabel had slipped her hands into the hair on the back of his neck and held on as he took her breath away with his kiss.

The connection came quickly and she was able to see the image flash before her eyes. The sight she saw would leave the most hard hearted girl breathless at how he saw her from the inside. It wasn't the image of her as the beautiful Ice Queen of East Roswell that all the guys fantasized about. It simply was her in the gawky preteen age with a mouth full of braces and her hair still being styled by her mother.

She had never been so awkward as she had then, but Alex had still looked on her with the same awe in his eyes that he had always exhibited with her. This definitely was a guy above all the others who looked within her and saw the real beauty. When she had left him standing on his porch she had felt like she was floating on air at the realization that someone out there truly cared for her.

In the present, Isabel was still stunned as to why she had gotten the same response when she had touched Xander. There had to be an explanation and she was bound and determined to find out why. This afternoon she would follow him and find out where he lived at least that would be a start in her investigation.

When the last school bell rang she watched him pack up his books and she quickly did the same. As he stood up from his desk he looked over at her and their eyes met and held for a brief second. In that second, though, Isabel felt so much and was even more confused every second more. He gave her a slight smile and then left the class room.

It took a minute for Isabel to recover and to follow him out. With no sign of him in the hallway she fought through the throng of students and toward the closest exit where she spotted him walking out of the parking lot on foot. Making a quick decision she ran to the jeep and threw her bag in the back. Max would just have to get a ride with Maria and Liz.

She stayed as far behind him as possible as he continued his pace through the subdivision that surrounded the high school. Occasionally he would stop and look around him as if checking out his surrounding. During these times she made sure she was a safe distance away making out his figure in the distance.

When he resumed his walk she took a second to look around herself and her heart began to race as she saw what direction he was heading in. It was a path she had taken many times the last couple of months while she was jogging or driving. It was Alex’s street and when she spotted Xander again he was standing on the side walk right in front of the Whitman’s house.

Anger flowed through her body as she slammed her foot on the break and put it in park. She would not let anyone, not even some possible alien, mess with his memory. Jumping out of the jeep she came around to stand on the side walk herself and moved quickly toward him.

“HEY ” she yelled causing him to jump and spin around in her direction.
He looked ready to bolt but when he saw who it was he relaxed, “Um....Isabel? What are you doing here?”

“NO ” she shook her head as she kept her eyes trained on him . “What are YOU doing here, Xander Man? Who are you?”

He sighed and let his book bag drop to the ground in between them, “You won’t believe me.”

“Try me.” she stood there her body tightly coiled in case she had to use her powers and attack.

He looked at her and saw the girl he loved and couldn’t decided on the best way to tell her so he tried straight forward, “Who am I, Isabel? I’m Alexander Charles Whitman.”

“WHAT?” She didn’t think she coud get any angrier than what she felt right then, “Is this some kind of joke? You heard my boyfriend had died and you thought it would be funny?”

“NO, ISABEL ” He held up his hand while shaking his head. How could he explain that this was not a joke? “I’m really Alex.”

Isabel shook her head in disbelief , “No Alex is gone he died four months ago.” she stepped closer and repeated her question from earlier, “Who are you?”

Alex pulled off his glasses and allowed her to see his face and eyes more clearly, “What do I have to do to prove that I’m Alex?”

She let out a small gasp as she took in the sight of the shape of his eyes and his facial features. He and Alex could have been twins except for the hair and eye color. Still she continued to doubt thinking he could be a shapeshifter trying to get to her.

“Okay” he nodded and then pointed to the Whitman house, “The first time we kissed was right there one early morning.”

Isabel gasped again but her brain continued to tell her it wasn’t possible even though her heart wanted to believe it was true, “That could be easy to find out.”

He raised an eyebrow at her, “Okay, something only you and Alex would know?”

Alex waited for her nod in agreement before starting, “Alright. Is it common knowledge that you were the one to ask me to prom even after I turned you down? Then that night we drove out to Frazier Woods where we sat on our rock and stargazed for hours while in each others arms?” he decided to continue, “ And does anyone know that when I left you at your front door I told you what an amazing night I had and that if you were 100 % human I couldn’t have loved you more.”

Isabel felt the tears stream down her cheeks as she realized with every word he spoke that he was telling the truth and that Alex Whitman was alive and standing in front of her. She reached out a hand to his face “Alex?”

He nodded as tears formed in his own eyes. Reaching up with his own hand he took hers in his and placed it against his cheek. She let out a small cry as she threw her arms tightly around him and burrowed her face into his neck inhaling his special scent that she always associated with Alex. There was no denying that this was the guy she loved as he held her securely in his embrace.

Alex was just so happy and relieved that she finally believed him, “It’s okay Isabel” he whispered as he pressed his lips to the top of her head as he continued to comfort her.

“I’ve prayed so many nights for you to return to me” She pulled back slightly to look at him again “It was all I dreamed about.”

“Me too, Isabel.” he pressed a kiss again to her temple before coming to his senses and realizing they were still out on the street where anyone could see them, “We need to find a secluded place to talk.”

She couldn’t help but smile at his suggestion “I know the exact spot.”

Isabel couldn’t help that her eyes continued to stray from the road and to Alex’s figure beside her in the passenger seat. Each time she did Alex would look over at her and give her a reassuring smile and she wondered how she had not noticed that smile earlier today. It was the one she dreamed about and saw when she thought of him.

It didn’t take them long to get to their destination as she pulled into the clearing in Frazier Woods and she parked the jeep. She had not been back here since the night of prom but she knew that not only would it afford them so privacy but it held great meaning for them both.

Alex got out of the jeep leaving his glasses behind and turned to watch Isabel also get out while never taking her eyes off of him. They walked silently through the woods until they came upon the large rock that they had declared as theirs after prom.

“So...” he smiled at her again “I guess I will start with my story and then you can tell me what has been happening here in Roswell.”

Isabel nodded in agreement as she sat on the rock and watched him. She took in his disguise and shook her head at how foolish she had been in not seeing right through it. “Come here.” she motioned to him.

Alex moved over to her with a frown of confusion on his face “What’s wrong?”

She shook her head, “Nothing. But if I am going to believe any of this we have to get rid of the blonde hair and contacts.”

Knowing that she need more reassurance that it was truly him, Alex sat beside her as she ran her hands through his hair turning the blonde back into his natural dark hair color. When she was finished he reached up and popped the contact out and placed them into a small container in his pocket. Finally she was looking at the real Alex and once again her breath was taken away with the knowledge that he was truly alive.

Isabel wanted badly to press her lips to his and welcome him home properly but knew if she started she would never stop and they really needed to talk. So she wrapped her arms tightly around her own waist to keep from wrapping around his.

Alex was having the same urges as he took in her beauty. He ran his hands through his now familiar hair and tried to think of where to start this discussion, “I guess I should tell you that I never went to Sweden.”

Isabel nodded, “Liz figured that out. She figured it out from some pictures that you had brought back and then some how also found out that you had been in Las Cruces at the University.”

He was surprised, “Liz figured that all out?” Then he smiled, “I always knew she was the smartest of us all.”

She frowned having heard him say that before during her dream a few weeks before. Now that she knew he was alive could that actually been a dream walk? She decided to wait and ask him later after their talk but Isabel had a feeling that was exactly what had happened.

“Did Liz find anything else out?” Alex asked curiously wondering if his best friend had put herself in danger to find out the truth.

“The Sheriffs’s department had ruled the accident as a suicide when the driver told them what had happened. Liz, though, did not accept that explanation and went on to investigate what really happen.”

Isabel frowned to herself before whispering “I’m so sorry Alex. Liz came to us to get our help in finding out what had caused your death but we wouldn’t believe her. I was so upset about your death that I wouldn’t listen to the truth even when it was screamed into my ears.”

Alex felt her sadness again for the second time of the day and this time reached out and took her hand in his. “Hind sight is 20/20, Isabel. You didn’t know what you know now so I don’t blame you, okay?”

She nodded and brushed at the tear that escaped her eye with her other hand. “Thank you, Alex.”

He frowned and looked at her in confusion ‘For what?”

Isabel shrugged, ‘I guess for being you”
Alex smiled “Well that’s who I am.”

They remained silent for a few minutes just starring into each others eyes before Alex decided it was his turn to fill in the gaps. “I didn’t realize until I got back to Roswell after my so-called trip to ‘Sweden’ that there was something wrong. There were blank spots in my memory and I couldn’t figure out why. It took the day after prom for me to figure it out.”

He let her hand go and stood up from the rock and paced in front of her clearly agitated over his memories, “I had gotten off the phone with you and had just said good bye to Liz and Maria when Tess called me over to the Valenti’s to help her with some last minute exam that she had. When I got there she tried to mind warp me and I finally remembered my time in Las Cruces and her manipulating me to translate that damn destiny book.” He ran his hand thorough his hair again before stopping and looking at her, “I think some how the warp was broken and I began to yell at her about what she was doing. I don’t know if she even knew what she was doing but I think it happened quickly and the next thing I knew I was flying through the air and hitting my head before losing consciousness.”

Isabel could feel the tears start to blur her vision again as she was able to see through his description of what Tess had done to him. It hurt to know that if he hadn’t been involved with them then this would never have happened and he would be safe.

“You were dead, Alex. Max tried to heal you but he couldn’t.” Isabel said looking up at him. “How are you here now?”

He saw the distress in her eyes and sat back down beside her, “All I know is that when I woke up I was no longer in Roswell and that Tess had handed me over to Nicholas.”

Her eyes widened at the mention of one of their enemies “Nicholas?”

Alex nodded and took her hand once more in his, “He was under orders to find out exactly what I had translated from Khivar. That’s when I realized Tess had been working with Khivar by helping him bring down the Royal family of Antar.”

Isabel nodded, “Liz figured that out as well but we were too late. Tess used your translation to get the Granolith working and she got Max, Michael and I to go with her. But at the last minute Michael and I decided to stay on earth because we couldn’t leave those we loved here behind. That’s when Liz found us and told us what she found out making our choice even easier.” she shook her head, “ Tess left alone in the Granolith while we stayed behind to live the rest of our lives here on earth.”

‘And your fine with that?” he questioned quietly wondering if now that he found her again that one day he would have to let her go again.

“Yeah.” she smiled at him reassuringly, “This is home now.”

Alex smiled at her as he reached up with his free hand and brushed a lock of her blonde hair away from her face, “After all these months I never really believed that one day I would be back here with you.”

Her smile dropped as she looked into his familiar green eyes, “What happened to you? Where were you?”

His own smile dropped as he thought of those months that Nicholas tried to get the information from him, “ When I awoke I was unable to form a complete sentence or even think clearly. Tess’ mind warp had really messed up my mind in a way that I could not answer their questions. Finally about a month ago my mind began to clear and if I concentrated I could allow myself to remember everything that had happened.” he shook his head and smiled “By that time Nicholas thought I was useless and vanished from the compound I was being held at. I don’t know why they kept me alive but I finally escaped knowing I needed to get here and warn you about the danger you were in.”

Alex then recounted his escape and his trip to Las Cruces to look for Leanna. Isabel filled him in on what Liz and Maria found when they had gone there and that they had the Destiny book that he had translated. They also spoke of the best way to tell the others in their group that he was alive and they agreed to wait until the next day when Isabel would call a meeting after the Crashdown closed.

By the time they were finished talking the sun was going down and they were both exhausted from the emotional conversation they had been having.

“It’s getting late. You need to get home.” Alex stated as he stood up from the rock this time pulling her up with him.

Their bodies brushed against each other and they stood there just enjoying the moment. Finally Isabel reached up and brushed her fingers through his hair again “I prefer it dark.”

Alex smiled at her comment and nodded “Me too but you better turn me back to a blonde. It’s too dangerous for anyone to spot me like this.”

“I will, but in a minute. I kind of prefer to know the face of the person I’m about to kiss.” she grinned at him

He blushed but found that his desire over powered his embarrassment and he wrapped his arms around her, “I’ve missed you so much, Isabel.”

“I’ve missed you too.” she whispered just before his lips swooped down onto hers in a kiss that nearly consumed her. There was a fierceness that had never been there before as she felt him demand more from her with passion that seemed to have been ignited in them both. The connection they had together was so strong and intense that neither were surprised when the flashes began.

Isabel was able to see what Alex had gone through the last couple of months and also the room that he had been held in making her certain that she had dream walked him. She also was able to feel his desire in getting back to her and his friends and worrying that he would crack if Nicholas questioned him again.

Alex saw how lonely and sad Isabel had been since his ‘death.’ There was images of her sitting by his grave side talking to him and tracing her fingers lovingly along the engraved tombstone with his name across it. He also got that their was some type of tension between Isabel and her brother that had never been there before and it was keeping her in a constant state of depression.

Finally they both pulled back only far enough for their foreheads to rest together. They were both struggling to catch their breaths and find their way back to earth after touching the stars with that one mind blowing kiss. A few minutes later Isabel finally found the strength to change his hair abck but this time adding touches to his eyebrows.

They headed for the jeep holding hands and leaving their rock behind. Half way to the car she stopped and looked at him with a frown, “Where have you been staying in Roswell, Alex? I know you can’t have much money.”

He shrugged and looked down at the ground ashamed of what he had been reduced to, “I slept at the abandoned Soap Factory last night. I just got into town yesterday and it was the first place I thought would be safe.”

Isabel looked at him critically this time and noticed that he needed clean clothes , a soft comfortable bed and a full nights sleep. She made a decision, “Well since you have no where else to go you’ll just have to stay with me.”

“What?” He frowned, “I can’t do that, Iz. What would your parents and Max say?”

Again she smiled, “ They won’t know. Besides no boyfriend of mine is going to be sleeping in an abandoned warehouse and looking like what the cat drug in.”

He looked down at her with a million questions in his eyes but only one was vocalized, “Boyfriend?”

Isabel came closer to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, “Just because you are supposedly dead does not mean that you stop being my boyfriend and from working at this relationship.”

Alex grinned, “Yes, Ma’am.”

Alex sat at Isabel’s desk playing on her computer and getting updates on what had been going on in the world since his abduction. He was killing time as Isabel went down to dinner with her parents promising him a plate of food and something extra special when she returned. Looking around her room he got up and headed to her bed stand when he noticed a picture there.

It was of the two of them at prom and neither one had lever looked happier than they did that night. So much had changed since then that he didn’t know if they ever could go back to those days. There was now way that Alex Whitman could all of a sudden come back to life after being declared dead. They would be unable to keep the secret any longer if that were to happen.

Sighing loudly Alex laid back on the bed holding the picture close to him. There was no doubt in his mind that soon he would have to leave again to protect the ones he loved. He knew they wouldn’t be happy with it but in the end it would be his decision and he would make the smart one.

Closing his eyes he fell into the first deep sleep since his escapes weeks ago. Since then he had barely shut his eyes in worry of what would happen if he did. It didn’t take long for sleep to over take him and he was dreaming of living the rest of his life with Isabel Evans.

Isabel sighed as her mother and father continued to ask questions regarding their kids first day of school. She was forcing herself to remain where she was even though her whole being wanted to be upstairs with Alex and reassuring herself again that he was really alive.

When they arrived at her house, Alex had gone to the side to wait for her to open the window. Luckily her mothers rose trellis ran alongside her bedroom and he was able to climb in with out too much trouble. She wondered what he was doing as Max droned on about his classes and teachers.

After helping her mother clear away the and put the dishes in the dishwasher she discretely made another plate and snuck it out of the kitchen yelling out, “I’m going to my room to study and then to bed. Please don’t disturb me.”

“Okay Sweetheart.” her father waved at he as she passed Max and he in the living room, “Good night.”

Isabel told them all good night and then practically ran up the stairs and into her room. Shutting the door behind her she locked it with her alien powers to keep everyone out then turned “Sorry it took me so long but....”

She didn’t finish her sentence as she found Alex stretched out on her bed and sleeping so soundly that he didn’t hear her enter the room. Setting the plate of food onto her desk she sat and watched him for a while thinking what a miracle it was for him to be back into her life. Isabel had a second chance with him and she was determined not to blow it this time.

Rising from her desk chair she kicked off her high heeled leather boots and watched as he mumbled and then flipped over on to his side. She smiled and walked over to the side that had more room glad that her parents had gotten her a double size bed a few years ago. Gently she laid down beside him wanting to be near him and hold him even in sleep so she wrapped her arms from behind him and pressed up close to his back enjoying the warmth that radiated off of him.

Placing her head near his on the pillow she inhaled his scent again before shutting her own eyes and following him into a deep restful sleep. Something both of them had not experienced in a long time.

TBC..
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms Part 7

Post by KaraGail »

A/N: Thanks to the few who stop and give out their FB. I have to believe that there are others out there who are reading (I was a lurker myself a few months ago). :roll:

Hope you guys will also enjoy...

Part 7

Alex slowly opened his eyes and tried to figure out where he was. There was something familiar about the room and he knew that he had been here before. Feeling a weight pressed on his stomach he looked down to find a feminine arm slung over him which caused him to follow the arm to the body snuggled up close beside him.

He smiled as he found her sleeping peacefully on her own stomach with her arm draped over him as If he was her favorite teddy bear. Slowly he recalled the day before and everything that had taken place. He also remembered his decision from the night before as he took her hand in his and wished he never had to let go.

Looking over at her alarm clock he found that it was already 6:30 in the morning. Soon they would have to get up for school and then later tonight he would have to face his friends and tell them of his decision. He knew that they would all take it hard but he knew what he had to do.

Slipping from under her arm he got up from the bed and watched as Isabel curled into his spot seeking his warmth. Sighing he brushed his fingers through his hair and turned to find his school bag that he had stored a clean shirt in. After changing he noticed the cold plate of food on the desk and with a shrug grabbed up the piece of chicken and bit into it hungrily.

Walking to her window he opened it and threw his bag out to the ground then he turned to gaze at Isabel for a moment trying to imprint her vision on his memory. Slipping out the window he decided to take a walk to clear his head and to come up with the best plan of action to take with his friends and the girl he loved.

Isabel heard her alarm go off and wanted just to ignore it as she reached out for Alex to snuggle close with. When she came up with just bed sheets in her hand she popped up in bed and looked around her room as he heart raced with the knowledge that he was no longer there.

She slapped the alarm off and called his name getting no answer. Jumping out of the bed she ran to the window and noticed it was unlocked with no sign of him anywhere. The chicken that she had brought up last night was gone and his shirt that he had been wearing hung over the back of her desk chair. Picking it up she held it close to her trying to reassure herself that the day before had not been a dream.

“Isabel It’s time to get up. You have school in an hour.” Her mom called through her door as she continued to stand there. Slowly she began to dress hoping that she would see him at school and he would have a good explanation for leaving her this morning.

Alex looked at his watch and then back up at the Crashdown that housed one of his best friends and her parents. He had found himself here after walking through town and he had decided to wait and make sure that his girls were truly okay.

Right on time Maria’s Jetta screamed to a stop in front of the restaurant and honked her horn. He was surprised when Michael jumped out of the passenger seat and into the back to make room for Liz. The sight of such a gentlemanly act from ‘Stonewall’ Guerin made him wonder just how close Maria and he had gotten since he last saw them. Just looking at them together now he knew something had definitely changed.

A few minutes later Liz ran out and smiled at her friends before getting in the Jetta. The sight of the three of them laughing and riding to school made Alex sad as he thought of all the times that it had been just him and his girls. Tears came to his eyes as he realized he would never have that with them ever again. He moved from the shadows of the building he was hiding in and began the walk to school alone.

Isabel slammed her locker shut as she looked around at the milling students in the hall way. At that moment there was only one that she wanted to see but even being as tall as she was and high healed leather boots she couldn’t spot him. With a sigh she made her way to her first class wondering if it was legal to strangle a dead man. Shaking her head at that thought she decided that after missing him these last months that she would be unable to physically hurt him in any way.

Walking into the class room she stopped suddenly when she saw Alex sitting in the back room with a slight smile on his face. Quickly she bypassed all the students to get to him.

“You left.” Was all she was able to get out as she looked down at him.

Alex looked up at her and gave a short nod then whispered, “I needed to clear my head and went for a walk. I didn’t want to wake you.”

She took the seat beside him never taking her eyes from him, “Where did you go?”

“I just needed to think about what was going to happen today. I had to figure out what I was going to have to do.” he ran a hand through his hair and Isabel realized that when he was stressed or agitated in any way that he did this.

“You mean what WE have to do, right?” She whispered letting him know that they were in this together, “I’ll tell the gang at lunch to meet at the Crashdown after closing tonight.”

He nodded his agreement but before he could say anything more she looked him in the eyes, “ One more thing.” she leaned over so that she was only a hair breadth apart form him, “Never, ever leave me again without saying goodbye.”

Alex felt the air leave his body as he realized what he had done. He had brought back the memory of those days right after his death when she had lost him without ever getting to say goodbye to him. “I’m sorry, Isabel”

“Don’t do it again.” was all she said before class started and she turned away from him. Letting him know with that the she was angry and hurt at the same time at what he had done to her.

Throughout the morning Alex had followed Isabel from class to class and during that time she had barely said one word or looked his way. He knew she was still angry at him for leaving her but he couldn’t take this much longer.

Seeing that they were about to pass the eraser room, he grabbed her arm and pulled her quickly inside. She was slightly irritates at having been manhandled into the small room.

“What are you doing?” she asked as he locked the door behind him.

Alex sighed as he looked at her, “Please talk to me, Isabel.” he pleaded, “You are the only person who knows who I am and your making me feel invisible by ignoring me.”

“What do you want me to say?”

He dropped his head and ran a hand through his hair, “I don’t know, Iz.”

Isabel really looked at him then and saw his frustration. Dropping her bag in the floor by her feet she stepped forward and placed her hand on his cheek forcing him, with gentle pressure, to look at her, “ You’re right, Alex. We can’t afford to not talk to each other. I don’t want to waste another moment upset with you.”

Alex dropped his own bag and pulled Isabel into an embrace holding on to her tightly. As his hand caressed her back she felt her heart quicken at his touch. She lifted her head and found his lips with her own and the world outside of the eraser room ceased to exist for them.

Her lips parted in invitation as he sought entrance by sliding his tongue over them. Isabel moaned as they sunk deeper into the kiss exploring hungrily what the other one had to offer. Alex sank his hands into the tresses of her thick blonde hair that hung down her back trying to pull her closer wanting more of her incredible taste.

Needing air, Alex pulled back only a breath apart from her and looked into Isabel’s eyes, “I love you, Isabel Evans.”

She felt herself begin to glow at his words and she broke out in a huge smile, “ I love you too, Alex Whitman.” she paused for a second, “or is it Xander Man?”

Alex chuckled as he ran a finger across her cheeks with a light caress, “Both of them love you madly.”

Isabel pulled him back to her and their lips found each other again. Only the sound of the bell was able to pull them apart both breathless and both groaning at the interruption.

“We better go.”

She nodded as she ran her finger over his lips using her powers to erase the lipstick traces and then touched up her own. Alex watched fascinated by her abilities as if it had been the first time he had seen her do something. Isabel realized he would always in some way be in awe of her and it made her love him even more.

“So you will tell the others to meet at the Crashdown during lunch?” he asked as he picked up their bags from the floor.

Isabel took her bag from him and then frowned, “Where are you going to be?”

“In the Computer Lab.” He replied slipping his bag on his shoulder, “I have some things I need to take care of.”

‘Alex is keeping something from me.’ Isabel thought to herself as they continued to stand there. She wanted to ask him what was bothering him but knew that when he was ready then he would tell her.

“We better get to class.”

At lunch Isabel went looking for her friends and instead found Michael and Maria, in the quad, wrapped in each others arms. The memory of Alex holding her a few hours ago resurfaced and she felt a tinge of jealousy toward her friends who were showing their love for each other in public while she and Alex had to remain in the shadows.

“Hey Isabel” Michael smiled up at her and not for the first time did she notice how relaxed and happy her brother was. Maria was definitely a good influence on the guy who two years ago barely spoke.

“Hey.” She smiled back and sat down across from them, “Where’s Max and Liz?”

“Right behind you.” She heard Max say and she turned to find Liz with him. She took in how close they stood to each other and she wondered what had been going on with them. For the last couple of months she had been in her own world and had not made any connections with the others so she really was out of the loop. She hoped to rectify that soon though.

After everyone sat down and began to eat their lunch it was Michael who brought up the subject that was weighing on her mind.

“So, Isabel, what have you found out about the new guy?”

Looking around at all of her friends who returned her stare she took a deep breath to steady herself, “Actually that is why I wanted to talk with you. Can we all meet at the Crashdown after it closes tonight?”

“A meeting?” Max ever the leader asked with a frown, “What’s going on, Is?”

Isabel shook her head letting them know she would not be answering any questions now, “I’ll explain tonight. Just make sure that Kyle and the Sheriff are there as well.”

The 2 male aliens and the 2 human girls then watched Isabel get up from the table, after making them promise to be there tonight. All were puzzled and slightly afraid of what she had to tell them.

“What’s going on with, Isabel?” Michael voiced their thoughts with a frown at his sisters back.

“I don’t know,” Max shook his head at the other, “but I guess we will found out tonight.”

Alex sat back in his chair in front of the computer terminal and shook his head. He hadn’t really thought it would be that easy to get the information he needed. Grabbing a pen and paper he quickly jotted the name and phone number down and shoved it into his pocket for safe keeping. Then he began to delete the files he had been viewing wanting to make it hard for anyone to trace any evidence back to him.

Quickly he search one more sight and satisfied with what he found he began to shut the computer down. Alex knew that every second that he stayed in Roswell he was in danger of being spotted by either a skin or some one who had known him. Starring at the blank screen of the computer he began to think of his decision that he had made the night before.

Alex had realized that all those months that he had been held captive he had held on to the dreams of one day returning home to his loved ones. Now that he was here he understood that it had just been a fantasy. It was too dangerous for them if he stayed so the only choice was for him to leave in order to protect them and himself.

He shook his head in order to keep the tears away as he realized the helplessness of the situation. There was no way around the situation so he had searched the internet hoping to find someone who could help him start over with a new name. He had used all of his computer skills but was able to come up with some one near the Mexican border which worked out well since he planned to cross over into Mexico at the first chance he got. He figured he would then be able to disappear into the crowds

Sighing he pushed back the chair preparing to get up and get some lunch. While stacking his books and papers two hands came around to cover his eyes causing his vision to go into a black void. All of a sudden the memories of Nicholas and his interrogation techniques came rushing back to him and he pulled away quickly with a shout of horror. His only thought was that he had brought the Skins right to Isabel and the others.

“Calm down, Alex.” said a familiar feminine voice and he spun around to find Isabel standing before him with worry in her eyes. “Are you alright?”

Alex couldn’t find his voice to speak so he just nodded and turned around to pick up the books and papers he had dropped.

“No your not, Alex.” she frowned taking his hand in hers, “Your shaking.”

He saw the love and anxiety in her eyes and it made him feel even worse so he tried to reassure her, “I’m fine.”

Isabel didn’t believe him but knew she would not get anything else from him. Instead she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him wanting to give him some sense of comfort. She rested her head on his shoulder and gave a silent sigh when she felt his own arms engulf her.

Knowing what Nicholas was capable of, Isabel had an idea of why Alex reacted to her hands over his eyes. There was nothing she could do to erase the memory of those painful months but she hoped that maybe she would make his future so happy that he wouldn’t think about those days.

TBC...
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms Part 8

Post by KaraGail »

A/N - I hope you enjoy this part. I knew how I wanted this to go but I am still not sure if I am satisfied with it. Oh well... enjoy!! :roll:

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." -All About Eve

Part 8

After school, Alex and Isabel headed over to her house where she found a message that her parents would not be back until late. Since Max had went to work at the UFO Museum they had the house to themselves. Realizing that Alex had not eaten a good meal in quite a while, she had microwaved yesterday’s left overs which he was thankful for after missing another lunch hour.

Once they had finished eating they had gone up to her room to try and rest before having to leave for the meeting. Instead of resting, though, Isabel had begun to pace the length of her room while Alex laid back on her bed watching her. It was only 5:30 and they still had hours to go before the Crashdown would be closed. He realized that now was the time for him to tell her his decision especially after her reaction from him leaving her this morning. He had promised to tell her goodbye and he intended to keep that promise.

“Isabel?” he called to her softly causing her to stop to look at him. He patted the bed beside him, “Come Lay down beside me.”

Unable to deny him anything and wanting to be in his arms she smiled and did as he asked. Her head rested against his chest as she snuggled against his side certain that she could happily spend the next couple of hours right there.

Alex ran his fingers gently through the strands of blonde hair and allowed his words to come straight from his heart, “The first time I ever saw you was on the school playground and at that moment I knew my life had changed forrever.” he smiled at the memory, “I thought you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen and without you knowing who I was I gave you my heart.”

Isabel looked up at him tears in her eyes and started to reply. Alex stopped her with a finger to her lips, “Let me finish, Iz.”

Once she nodded her agreement he continued, “As the years past I came to believe that I would never have a chance to be with you, so I was content just to be near.” He touched her cheek, “I felt honored when I was told your secret and even then my feelings for you never changed. In fact I think I fell even harder when you revealed how special you truly were.”

As the tears fell down her cheeks and blurred her eyes she could still see the love in his green ones. She remained silent as she turned her head pressing her lips to the center of his palm wanting to let him know in some way how his words moved her.

“Even then I was happy to be your friend when you needed me.”

Isabel thought back to all those moments when she had pushed Alex away. She had thought she was protecting them both by not becoming involved with this human but in the end she had wound up hurting them both. She had been stupid to waste all that time and keeping him at arms length.

“Then when you kissed me on prom night,” he caressed her lips with his thumb, “I felt that all my dreams had come true.”

Alex pulled her closer to him resting his forehahead against hers hoping that she wouldn’t see his own tears, “I would do anything for you, Isabel. I would protect you and our friends with my life.”

Isabel reached up and brushed the tear that trailed down his cheek. There was so much emotion in his voice that she knew that he was having a hard time letting her know how much she meant to him.

She softly whispered his name as they sat there in silence for a minute. Finally Alex took a deep breath to steady himself and then said to her, “I’m leaving tonight, Isabel.”

Not knowing how she would react to this he braced himself for the onslaught of emotions that he was sure to come. He felt her withdraw from his embrace and finally he looked up into her confused eyes.

“Leaving?” she shook her head, “Where are you going?”

He sighed and shook his head, “Far from Roswell.”

Isabel felt the tears return as she saw in his eyes that he had made up his mind. One word came out of her mouth even though she had a million things to say, “Why?”

Alex sat up in the bed so that they were facing each other, “It’s just not safe for me here, Isabel.”

“Max, Michael and I can protect you, Alex. It’s safer for you to stay here with us.”

He shook his head and told here earnestly, “I don’t need protection. I’m already dead so they can’t do much worse than that.” Alex took her hand in his, “ But I can protect my family and friends even if it means never seeing them again.”

“Don’t leave, Alex.” she sobbed as the tears ran down her cheeks breaking his heart at the hurt he was causing her.

Taking her chin in his hand he whispered, “I have to, Isabel.”

Isabel heard the resolve in his voice and brushed her tears from her cheeks roughly. She had to try something else, “Then I am going with you. I’m 18 and basically finished with school so there shouldn’t be any problems.”

Alex smiled gently and again shook his head no, “I wish you could, Isabel. God knows that. But you need to stay here with your family. Max and Michael are going to need you here.” he brushed her hair back from her face, “You are stronger together than apart.”

Isabel did not want to hear his response but she knew it was true. She could not leave Roswell and her brothers but she also knew that with Alex out there somewhere she would never be home. He was her home, not some Planet she didn’t remember and not some town that they had happend to crash in over 40 years ago. But in his arms and his eyes she had found a love and acceptance that no one would ever be able to replace.

Slipping her hands through his hair she once again began to change the blonde back into his dark hair color looking for the Alex that she had fallen in love with. He remained silent not questioning the transformation as he sat before her. Finally she looked him in his eyes, “If all we have is a few hours more then let’s make them worthwhile.”

Alex frowned not knowing what she was asking, ‘What do you want to do?”

She could see the questions in his eyes and needing to reassure him as well as herself, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her. Alex wrapped his arms around her waist and continued to stare into her eyes wondering what she was thinking. What she whispered almost made his heart stop,

“Make love to me, Alex”

Every nerve in his body tighten in response to her bold request as he sat there stunned. Before he could say anything she stopped him by pressing her lips firmly to his letting him know with that kiss that she wanted him and what he could give her in their final hours together.

Slowly he pulled back from her lips and looked at her, “Are you sure?”

She nodded, ‘I love you, Alex. I want to experience this with you.”

His heart was so full of love as he looked at her seeing the desire in her eyes. There was nothing he wanted more than to be one with her and if all they had was now then he planned to take advantage and worry about the consequences later. Except for one thing that held him back.

"What about protection?" he asked worriedly knowing he certainly did not have anything.

Isabel smile at this and held up a finger for him to wait and reached for the drawer of her bed stand. It took her a minute to find what she was looking for but then revealed a box.

Noticing his frown and seeing the questions held in his eyes, Isabel sighed," My mom was very nervous about me dating Grant and, even though I gave her no reason, she bought me this just in case." she shrugged, "It's been sitting in that drawer since then."

He nodded and then removed the box from her hand setting it back on the stand within reaching distance. Taking her hands back in his he placed his lips on each of her trembling hands. There was no denying that they both wanted each other but were nervous over the anticipation of their actions.

Alex knew that weeks or even days from now he would be reliving every detail of this encounter in his memory so he was determined to remember every second. Their lips crashed together both feeling the sweet urgency and hunger that their desire for each other demanded. Sensations exploded within them as their hands caressed each other swiftly removing the obstacle of clothes in order to reach flesh.

He leaned over her pressing kisses along her throat as his body fitted against her. They were aligned perfectly as if the other was created specifically for the other to love. Tears formed in her eyes as he gently filled her and took them higher and higher with passion, drawing them nearer toward complete fulfillment.

Isabel cried out against his mouth and Alex swallowed the sound before giving his own muffled shout.They collapsed together in a tangle of arms and legs neither able to move or talk after such an experience. Thinking he was to heavy for her he slid to lay beside her wrapping his arms around her.

“Are you okay, Isabel?” Alex asked worriedly

“Hmm” she hummed with a smile and pressed her lips to his bare chest, “I’m better than fine.”

He couldn’t help the smug smile that came across his face as he realized that even for his first time he had been able to satisfy the girl he loved. Slowly the smile was erased when he thought that one day another man would be doing this with Isabel and he would have no right to feel jealous. Wrapping his arms more securely around her he wondered how he was going to be able to let her go.

Needing to feel her love again he brought her face up to his and pressed his lips once more to hers. Then with a gentle tenderness they made love again both hoping that time would stop so that they could have forever in each others arms.

“It’s time to get ready,” he whispered in her ear a few hours later.

They had drifted off to sleep after both of them had exhausted themselves with their activities. Alex had woken to look at the clock to see that the Crashdown would be closing in an hour. Isabel had tightened her arms around him not wanting lo leave Alex’s embrace, her bed or her room. She had never felt so safe or loved than she had the last 3 hours with him.

“Come on, Isabel.” he said again as he ran a comforting hand across her back, “We have to meet the gang soon.”

Isabel sighed in frustration and sat up as he slid out of the bed grabbing his boxers from the floor. She watched as he pulled them on still not leaving the bed or the warmth that they had created.

“There has to be some other way, Alex” she whispered

Alex turned and looked down at her as she remained entangled in her sheets. His heart raced at the sight of her and he knew if he lived to be 100 he would never forget the vision of her beauty.

“Isabel,” he whispered as he sat back down on her bed and pressed a palm to her cheek, “This is the only way that I know that you will be safe. When I deciphered your destiny book I not only endangered myself but you as well,. I couldn’t live with myself if I caused you or the others pain.”

“But there is no way home now, Alex. That’s what you had deciphered so there should be no more danger.”

Alex frowned at her as he realized something, “I deciphered more than that Isabel.”

She frowned and shook her head, “We had your translation, Alex. We read it. What else could there be?”

“I thought you knew?” he said almost to himself, “I just figured that since you got my translation that you got everything.”

Isabel shook her head again in confusion, “What are you talking about, Alex?”

This time he shook his head and with renewed determination got up from the bed and resumed dressing, “This is something I need to tell everyone. Get dress it’s almost time we left.”

He saw her get up and begin to dress but his mind was on what he had just heard. Did they really think that all that was in the book was about the Granolith and how to get home? There was much more to it than that and he hoped he could clear up a few other things before the night was over. At least before he left he would be able to give his friends one more thing to help them in their future endeavors.

TBC...

A/N Don't worry... I promise you that the next part will be the aticipated meeting with the Pod Squad!!

Kara
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arms Part 9

Post by KaraGail »

A/N: Here is just a small post. I am splitting the Meeting up a bit since I plan to pile a lot of information into the next few parts. :roll:

Thanks for reading and now on to...

Part 9

Isabel and Alex made their way to the center of town on foot. She had his hand tightly in hers as they walked side by side while every so often glancing over at him still surprised that he had not asked her to change his hair color back before they left. Instead she had found a baseball cap which was now pulled down low over his green eyes.

Soon they reached the exact spot where just that morning Alex had spied on his two best friends. From their vantage they were able to see that all of the group was already there.

“So how are we going to do this?” Isabel whispered, “Do we just walk in?”

Alex shook his head at that, “No. It would be too much of a shock if we did that. I think it would be better if you went in first to prepare them. I will come through the back and wait for your word before coming out.”

Isabel nodded her head thinking that it was probably their best solution. There was no telling what would happen if he just walked in especially with her two very overprotective alien brothers.

He squeezed her hand in his and gave her a reassuring smile, “Everything is going to be alright, Isabel.”

She felt the tears well up in her eyes but she was determined not give in to them. Besides she would have plenty of time for crying after he left on the last bus out of Roswell.

“I know.”

Seeming to be satisfied with her response Alex leaned over and gave her a gentle kiss on her lips. Then with his patented thumbs up he turned and disappeared into the alley beside the café.

Watching him vanish from her sight she took a deep breath and then let it out. She began her walk across the street and entered through the front doors the sound of the bell causing everyone to turn and look at her.

Once the door shut behind her, Isabel made her way to them and was immediately assaulted with their questions.

“What’s going on , Isabel?”

“What is this about?”

“How long is this going to take?”

The last question came from Kyle who sat grumpily beside his dad. He had not wanted to come tonight and get involved with another alien related mess but his dad had forced him with a reminder that those aliens had saved his life not so long ago.

“Okay. Give me a minute.” Isabel requested as she moved to the center of the group as they all starred at her expectantly. She was a little uncomfortable under their gaze but knew she had to do this. With a sigh she asked aloud to herself, “Where do I start?”

Max stepped closer to his sister seeing her distress, “Just start from the beginning, Isabel.”

She looked over at her brother wondering when the beginning had started? Was it the day Alex died? Before when Tess first started to mind warp him? Or was it yesterday when Xander Man came into her life?

Isabel inwardly frowned at that thought, ‘Had it really only been two days since her love had returned to her?’

“Does this have to do with the new guy?” Michael asked hoping to help his sister and speed this whole thing along.

Isabel gave her brother a grateful smile, “Actually it does.” seeing Kyle and the Sheriffs’s confusion she went on to explain for their benefit, “Yesterday, at school, I was asked to show a new student around campus for the day. There didn’t seem to be anything overly suspicious about him and yet something seemed familiar to me.”

She thought about the vision when their hands had brushed. ‘ Why hadn’t I realized then that he was Alex?’

Brushing that thought aside she continued, “That feeling led me wanting to find out about him so I headed to the school office only to find out that his records had not shown up yet and what they did have on him was very slim.”

“I knew I should have gotten involved.” Michael mumbled but was quieted by the look Isabel threw his way.

“So I decided to follow him after school and to at least find out where he lived.”

Max nodded for her to continue as he recalled how his jeep went missing from the school parking lot yesterday. ‘Why hadn’t Isabel said anything to him last night about what had been going on?’

“When I caught up with him I found him in the last place I would ever have imagined.” she shook her head remembering how Alex stood there staring despondently at his parents house.”I found him in front of the Whitman’s.”

Both of the human girls gasped at her revelation wondering what danger they had brought to their best friends parents. It was Maria who voiced her concerns as she turned to Michael.

“We need to do something.”

Before Michael could respond Isabel held up her hand to stop them, “Let me finish.”

She paused a moment as Max and Michael took each girl into their arms to comfort them, “When I saw him standing there I don’t know what came over me. I was just so angry and hysterical all at once that the next thing I know I was on the side walk yelling at him.”

“That was very dangerous, Isabel.” the Sheriff said as he looked over at the tall blonde,. “You should have waited for one of us before confronting him.”

Isabel nodded knowing that he was right, “I was just so angry that I wasn’t thinking straight. I just went up to him and demanded to know who he was.”

She smiled, “He told me that I would not believe him if he told me. I continued demand answers and finally he gave in and told me. Who he claimed to be shocked me and at first I did not believe him. Then he began to tell me things that only I would know and quickly I became a believer.”

“Who is he, Isabel?” Liz asked the question that was on everyone’s mind.

Isabel took another deep breath and then said, “It was Alex.”

There was a dead silence as each took in what she had revealed. Isabel watched all of them waiting for a reaction. It wasn’t long before she got one and from the one person she knew it would come from.

“You believed him, Isabel? “ Max said stepping toward her as he shook his head. “ First you think you dreamwalked Alex and now you believe some stranger who tells you that he is your dead boyfriend.” He sighed in frustration trying to not lose his calm, “Alex is dead, Isabel. There is no way he is alive and in Roswell."

At the end of his words he heard a gasp from both Maria and Liz and he looked up to see them starring at something over his shoulder. Spinning around Max came face to face with a dead man.

‘Actually that’s not true, Max.” Alex Whitman said with a smile as he stood in the open doorway.

TBC...
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Open Arm Part 9

Post by KaraGail »

A/N: Hope you are still enjoying the story.

Part 10

Alex had been standing in the back room listening to Isabel to their friends why she had called the meeting. He couldn’t help but smile at the questions and interruptions they kept bombarding her with. There had been nothing for him to do but wait for the right time to enter but then he heard her say his name and he found himself peeking out the door. He saw Max step forward and knew that he needed to get out there and reveal himself to their friends.

After opening the door and making his witty remark the room once again fell into silence as each person took in the sight of the tall dark haired boy that they had thought dead. Eyes and mouths were opened in shock as he stood there letting them have a moment.

Finally Max and Michael both came to their senses and raised their hands in order to protect their group. When Isabel saw what was about to happen she quickly stepped in front of Alex to shield him with her body.

“NO ” She cried throwing up her own hand to defend the man she loved. There was no way she would let her brothers hurt him and she not do anything about it.

“Move aside, Isabel ” Max yelled at her as he kept his eyes trained on the Alex look a like. This had to be a Shapeshifter who had used his sister to get to them.

“No, Max. It’s Alex I swear ” she said as she reached back to take his hand in hers, “Please believe me.” she shook her head knowing that her brothers would not believe anything unless they saw the truth before their own eyes “Let him prove it to you the way he did to me.”

Max finally glanced over at this sister and saw how much she really believed that this was Alex. ‘How can it be true? I saw him myself when I had tried to heal him?’

“Max.” Liz choked voice called from behind him and he was helpless to turn around and look at her knowing she would always have that affect on him.

He saw both Maria and Liz standing there with arms tightly around each other while their eyes were intently locked on ‘Alex’. Max could see the hope in their eyes that this was really their best friend standing before them.

He turned back to his sister, “How is he going to prove it?”

During the short time that it took Max to decided, Alex had been gazing at his girls while his heart beat rapidly at the fact that they were so close to him. He wanted nothing more than to go over to them and wrap his long arms around them both and hold them tightly against his chest as he had done so many times before. He knew that out of all the people here that if he could talk to them for just a few minutes they would know that it was really him.

“Maria? Liz?” he called over to them, “Can I speak with you?”

At hearing his request, Michael stepped forward he would not let anything happen to Maria, “No way.”

Alex sighed in frustration but knew that if it had been him he would be just as protective, “Okay, how about if they came over here near us and you stay where you are ready to blast me at my slightest movement? What I have to say to them is private and only between us three. If by telling them this they still don’t believe then I won’t care if you do blast me.”

“Alex ” Isabel cried turning her head to him and looking at him with worry.

“It’s okay, Iz.” he gave her a reassuring smile as he this time squeezed her hand.

Maria saw that smile and her doubt began to lesson since there was no one who could smile like Alex Whitman, “I want to talk with him.”

Liz had also felt the same thing that Maria had and nodded her agreement, “It will be okay, Max.”

Max looked at the dark haired girl he loved with his whole heart and saw that he could not stop her from doing this. With a deep sigh he said, “Okay but you get only five minutes.”

Both girls moved over to stand in front of Isabel and Alex wondering what he would say to convince them. They had been best friends for a long time and had many secrets between them so they waited with bated breath for him to speak.

Again Alex smiled at them but this time his eyes shined brightly with unshed tears that being near them caused. Seeing this Isabel stepped beside him and wrapped her arm around his waist giving him the comfort that he had needed badly to get through.” I guess you are surprised to see me and probably a little hesitant to believe that it is really me. I hope to change your mind though by telling you something that we swore each other to secrecy a few years ago.”

Isabel’s ears perked up waiting to see what he would reveal wanting to know anything and everything she could about the boy she loved.

“ Remember that summer before we got involved with the alien cause? We were having a sleep over and Maria kept complain how hot it was.” he looked over at his petite blonde friend seeing the slow blush cross her cheeks as she remembered what happened, “You begged us to go with you to jump the fence at the community pool and go swimming”

Liz also began to blush as the memory of how that long hot summer night ended. Seeing that he had gotten their attention Alex continued

“She was insistent, and you know that Maria usually gets her way, so we wound up jumping the locked fence at 1:00 in the morning all scared that the Sheriff would catch us. Once we got to the pool we realized that no one had any bathing suits, so again Maria had the bright idea to go skinny dipping.”

Isabel’s eyes widened at the thought of these three humans having such an experience together.’ Had they really done it?’

The expressions on each of their faces decided the answer for her as each blushed at the memory of seeing the other naked in the glow of the lights from the pool.They were only in the pool for about a half of an hour before the uncomfortable feeling settled in and they hurriedly dressed swearing to each other that it was something they would take to the grave.

Maria came to her senses and her embarrassment gave way to the stunned fact that this indeed was Alex in front of her, “Alex?”

He nodded giving her his smile again and letting Isabel go. He readied himself for the first body to jump into his arms but he was almost unprepared when the second body joined them. Each girl was now currently wrapped in his strong arms and sobbing into his chest as he lowered his head to the spot in between theirs softly murmuring words of comfort.

Isabel looked to her brothers, the Sheriff and Kyle and gave them a look that said ‘Well? Here is your proof’

She then watched Max and Michael lower their guard as they both took a step closer to the three humans that were currently huddled together beside her.

“Alex?” Max asked as his eyes widened in disbelief at what he was seeing.

The tall boy lifted his head slightly from his girls and looked in Max direction giving him a nod. He continued to hold his girls in his arms as he met the gaze of their leader knowing he would have questions.

“How is this possible? I saw you, Alex. I saw you dead and tried to heal you.”

Alex shook his head, “You saw exactly what Tess wanted you to see.”

At his words Kyle stepped forward still unable to believe, “I remember putting your body in your car.”

The tall boy nodded looking sadly over at his friend knowing that he had to have been feeling guilty all this time,” You did put me in the car but I don’t think I was dead.”

Maria finally lifted her head from his chest leaving a wet spot on his shirt where her tears had soaked through, “What happened to you, Alex?”

He looked down at her then over at Isabel who continued to hover near his side, “Let’s sit down and I will tell you everything.”

Once everyone had gotten settle in their booth, with Maria and Liz on either side of Alex, he began to retell the accounts of everything from the moment he had visited Tess and gotten in over his head with the alien girl. Both of his girls had been constantly wrapping an arm around him or taking his hand not wanting him far away from either one of them.

Isabel was currently sitting on a stool near the counter watching the obvious love the friends had for each other. She tried to keep herself from feeling jealous but the fact was that she wished it was her sitting beside him and taking comfort by his nearness. She could still remember the feel and taste of him as they had made love just hours ago and she craved more from him, more time from him.

Alex had just recounted how he had awoken in a room surrounded by medical equipment, “At first I thought I was in a hospital and kept demanding to see a doctor. It took me forever to come out of my daze of waking up to only fall asleep a few minutes later but by the time I woke up fully and able to understand what had happened I was transported to another room. When I was fully alert I tried to remember how I got this way but I could not seem to recall anything after I got the letter to study abroad in Sweden. It took a few months before I was able to remember the time I was warped and everything leading up to Tess "killing" me."

He sighed and shook his head remembering how disorientated he had been for a long time, “I think that was what pissed him off the most when he tried interrogating me. That I couldn't remember anything"

“Who?” Max asked as he leaned over the table between them.

“It was Nicholas.” Alex chuckled, “I know you guys told me he looked like a little kid but I didn’t realize how young he was or even how sinister he could be. He would try to get into my head but could not get passed the mess that Tess had left behind.”

Isabel frowned as she heard the sarcasm in his voice ‘What had Nicholas done to him?’

“What did he ask you? Tess was here when we got the translation. I’m sure she told him what it said.” Max continued questioning needing to know everything.

Alex raised his eyebrows and said, “Isabel told me that Liz and Maria got the translation from Las Cruces and how you came upon the book. What exactly did it say?”

It was Liz who shook her head, “It just gave us basic knowledge. Backed up everything Tess had been saying about the Royal Four since she got here and also that the Granolith was their ticket home.”

He shook his head and chuckled again, “If that’s all you got then you didn’t get the right translation. Jennifer must have realized some one was on our trail and gave the wrong information to get you off her back.”

“Then where’s the real translation?” Maria asked

Alex smiled at everyone then pointed his finger to his head, "Right here.”

TBC...