Lost ~ (CC, Teen) ~Chapter 7 - Aug. 20th [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Robyn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Lost ~ (CC, Teen) ~Chapter 7 - Aug. 20th [WIP]

Post by Robyn »

Title: Lost
Couples: Conventional mostly
Rating: Teen for now.
Disclaimer: I do not own anything Roswellian. The Roswell characters are the property of Melinda Metz, brought to our viewing pleasure by Jason Katims.
Summary: This story is set 5 years after Graduation. The gang is on the road helping people, when they run into some familiar people from their past.

Chapter 1:

"So, what's our mission of the day?" asked Kyle, looking through the newspaper. It was already a week old and the gang had already looked into two of the stories only to realize that the theft was embezzlement and the homocide was really suicide.

"How about getting a new newspaper?" asked Isabel, as she continued to probe the van for what exactly was wrong with it this time. "I mean, I think we have pretty much taken all the leads we could get from that one." Isabel looked down at the van's flat tire and waved her hand over it, patching it for the thousandth time. "What colour should we go with this week?" she asked, turning the van from light blue to grey.

"Hey groupies." greeted Maria, jumping out of the van. "Is she all fixed?" Maria had been touring under the name Katya and they had all been masquerading as her tour group. No one complained though, it gave them all a good cover and some cash to spend. Eating apples that were really molecularly modified rocks was an experience each and everyone of them was happy to go without.

"Just about." lied Isabel, really, she had no clue what was wrong with the van this time. They could have bought a nicer, bigger van with Maria's singing money, but for some reason all were hesitant to give up on their van. Especially now that they could afford to spend every other night in a hotel room.

"Hey guys, listen to this." yelled Max from the front of the van.

"A child has been kidnapped from his.." announced the speaker and the whole gang quieted down to listen to the details. This was just the sort of thing that they could really help with. Returning a child to their parents was one of the more rewarding missions.

"Well, let's get on our way then." declared Michael, gesturing for everyone to get in the van, as Isabel quickly finished soldering together a part of the van's decaying metal frame.

"The child's name is Henry Gonzalas and he's 6 years old." said Isabel, filling Liz in on what she had missed. She had been volunteering at the local elementary school that day, and they had just picked her up. Liz smiled at Isabel, "Well, let's go find him and take him back to his parents."

They all sat in the van waiting for Max to return from talking with the children's parents. Max was pretending to be a local police officer as usual. Once Michael had pretended to be a grief conselling priest, and that ended up with him being caught by his counsellees making out with Maria. The tabloids had screamed, "Katya caught making out with priest" for weeks.

Finally after what seemed like forever Max walked across the street and into the van. They all waited for his report but Max just sat there starring at the steering wheel. "Max, are you okay?" asked Liz.

"It's Zan." Max replied quietly. "The boy's name, is Henry Zan Gonzalas. The middle name was his birth name and he was adopted from Roswell New Mexico a little over 5 years ago. The only lead that the parents could think of was that his real parents wanted him back."

"Well, I think we can rule out that option at least." replied Michael.

"The mother said it was the strangest thing. Their doors were all locked, and so were the windows. Yet someone managed to get inside anyway without any sign of a forced entry." added Max.

"I'm sure lots of criminals could do that." added Isabel. "I mean, Max, you don't actually think? We all saw the explosion. There was no way."

"No way? Well, the father is convinced that they never had a baby at all. That the mother hallucinated the whole thing. The father's whole memory of the child is gone."

End Chapter 1
Last edited by Robyn on Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
Robyn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 2 - Lost

Post by Robyn »

Chapter 2:

Tess looked at Zan and silently prayed that he would stop crying. She had offered him food, tried to play games with him, but nothing was working. "Zan, please.. what do you want?" she asked gently.

"To go home." the little boy sobbed, "And my name is Henry." he asserted. Tess had hours before tried to gently mind warp the boy into submission but his mind was surprisingly strong and wouldn't take the suggestions. He didn't show any signs of alien powers, but that in itself was amazing.

Tess sat down at the table and looked around the horrible motel where she had brought her son. This wasn't supposed to be how things were at all. She didn't even know why she did it, to escape the loneliness of her life? To find someone who would actually love her?

"My parents are going to find me and you are going to be in a lot of trouble." the boy said suddenly, wiping away his tears and standing up to Tess. "And I'm not scared of you." he added, while he practically shook in terror.

"Henry" Tess started, deciding that she had to take another tact if she was going to win over the boy, "I want to tell you a story."

"I don't want to hear it." he said defiantly.

"Really? It's a story about a mother and how much she wanted her son. And that she would do anything for him."

Henry looked at Tess dubiously.

"And there's aliens and explosions." she added. That seemed to win him over for a second and he sat across from her at the table.

"Well, the story begins with.." started Tess, but Henry interupted her, "It has to start with once upon a time, that's how all good stories start.

"OKay then. Once upon a time, there was a little girl, and she woke up in this strange place, not knowing where she was, or who she was. She was trapped inside some sort of plastic egg. She tore at it, and pushed, but she was so small she couldn't get out of it by herself. All the other eggs were empty, and she was all alone. Trapped. She spent days hoping someone would come to help her out, and after what seemed like forever someone did finally come. He touched the egg and it feel apart. The little girl was scared of this man, and shied back into the corner of her egg. But he gave her his hand and helped her out of the egg."

"You're crying." said Henry, coming closer to Tess. "YOu shouldn't cry over a story. And people don't come from eggs."

Tess smiled at Zan. "No, people don't. But this little girl wasn't a person. She was an alien, sent to EArth from another planet."

"Why?" asked Henry, his beautiful hazel eyes peering into Tess'.

"Because she was very important to that planet. She was their queen, and they wanted her to grow up on Earth where they thought she would be safe. They even sent her a protector."

"I wish I had a protector." said Henry. "Then maybe I'd be home now." he added angrily. Tess smiled at him and continued with her story.

"She spent many years running from place to place so no one would find out her secret."

"That she was an alien" chirped in Zan.

"Yes, that she was an alien." agreed Tess. "Her protector told her that they had to find the other aliens like her."

"They're were more?" asked Zan, excitedly. "How many more?"

"There were 3 more. Her home planet had also sent the King of their planet, his sister, the princess and the princess' husband to Earth."

"That's just like Sailor Moon." blurted out Henry. "They sent the moon princess to earth and her prince, and they were meant to find each other." Suddenly Henry seemed to realize what he said and turned a light pink colour, "My sister watches it." he added.

"I watched that when I was little too." admitted Tess. She had actually thought that her life would turn out like that fairly tale.

"And your stealing the story?" asked Henry, looking disappointed at Tess.

"No, I'm not stealing the story. This story has a very different ending."

End Chapter 2
Robyn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 3

Post by Robyn »

Chapter 3:

“How are you holding up?” asked Isabel, walking to the back of the van to sit beside Max who was busy reading over the police report of Zan’s kidnapping. Max ignored Isabel and just kept reading. “Max.” Isabel said quietly. “Talk to me. You’ve been shut off for so long, even before this.”

Liz looked back at her husband from the front seat of the van where she was sitting beside Kyle who was driving. Maria had a gig that evening so she and Michael had been dropped off at the nearest hotel hours ago.

“Max. I left my husband to come with you and Michael, because you guys are my family. But I feel like I don’t even know what’s going on with you at all. I know this must be hard for you, and I wish I could help, but you need to let me in.”

“Maybe you’re better off without him.” said Max quietly, but Liz still heard him at the front of the van, and from the concerned look Kyle shot her she knew he had too. She smiled at Kyle weakly. Their problems were their own.

“Better off? How dare you say that to me.” burst out Isabel. “You have Liz here with you. Right there. Do you know how lucky you are? Do you know what I would give to have Jesse with me?” ‘Or Alex.’ she added internally.

“He offered Isabel.” shot back Max. Just great, he thought to himself, now he was hurting Isabel too. “But you wouldn’t let him.”

“Because I cared too much.” said Isabel, “I didn’t want to get him involved in something that he didn’t have to be. I wanted him to have a normal life. I wasn’t fair to him, I didn’t tell him who I was first.”

“Fair Isabel? How do you figure that leaving him behind, not knowing if his wife is going to come back or not, is fair? How is he supposed to have a normal life? Or was he just the rebound guy that you messed up by marrying, and when you saw a way out, you took it.”

“Do you ever wish you had a normal life Liz?” Kyle whispered to Liz while the alien siblings argument became progressively louder behind them. “You know, good job, 2.5 kids, white picket fence, the whole deal?”

“Sometimes I wish things were different.” replied Liz.

“You used to be so motivated. You were going to Liz Parker, Ph. D.” added Kyle. “I remember you flaking out on one of our dates to watch the Discovery channel. And you just let it all go.”

“Kyle, what’s your point?” asked Liz, suddenly annoyed at his questions, they too closely mirrored thoughts she had been having herself lately.

“My point is, we’re on some alien crusade that doesn’t really have a point anymore. I mean, it’s been 5 years, maybe it’s time we dye our hair, burn the van and go our separate ways while we’re all still young enough to make lives of our own.”

“Doesn’t have a point? Kyle, we’re helping people.”

“You would have helped people anyway Liz. Probably find the cure to cancer knowing you.”

“Well, I can’t exactly settle down with my alien husband now can I?”

“At least you have someone.” blurted out Kyle and Isabel at exactly the same time. The van suddenly became quiet and the group just looked at each other.

Max looked at his wife, and his heart broke for her. None of her dreams were coming true, and it was his fault. He had robbed her of all the joys that were meant for her. He knew that he needed to find Zan, and he prayed that Liz would be strong enough to accept how much Zan meant to him.

Kyle looked at Isabel and then quickly away. He had always maintained his distance, she was a married woman afterall. He wanted to reach out to her, but it was too dangerous, they were both vulnerable. The loneliness of being the only two of the bus without someone to love.

Isabel looked at Liz and couldn’t help wondering what she was hiding. Liz never really smiled any more these days. What had Max done to her?

Liz just looked at her hands.

“Why’s the ending different?” asked Zan.

“Well, when the girl was a teenager, she finally found her King, and the royal…”

“Can we call them knights?” asked Zan. “That’s what King Arthur had.”

“Okay.” agreed Tess. “She found the King and his knights, but they weren’t happy to see her. They were happy pretending to be human and didn’t want to accept who they really were.”

“They didn’t want to be Kings and knights?” asked Zan incrediously. “I would love to find out I was a knight.”

“That’s what the girl thought. She couldn’t believe that they rather just be human instead of royalty.”

“What did she do?”

“She fell in love with the King anyway.”

“But you said the ending was different.” accused Zan.

“But the king didn’t fall in love with her.”

“Oh. Well.. was the queen pretty?” asked Zan, trying to figure out why the king and queen couldn’t live happily ever after.

“She was very pretty.” said Tess.

“Then what was the problem?”

“The king was already in love with a human. But the queen wasn’t worried, she knew that if she could find a way back to their home planet, away from the human girl that they would be together.”

“But love isn’t like that.” interrupted Zan, and Tess couldn’t help thinking that it seemed like he too was much older than his years.

“She didn’t know that.” replied Tess.

“You’re crying again, it’s just a story.” said Zan frustrated. Tess just smiled at him sadly, “Well, did they get to their home planet?” he asked.

“Well, there was a very important book that the girl had. In it were instructions on how to go home. She knew a human that was very good with writing codes and computers, so she tricked him into decoding the book for her.”

“That was mean of her.” declared Zan.

“It was. But she wanted to get back home very badly, where she would be a queen again.”

“With her king?”

“Her King had dangerous enemies on their home planet. She was going to pretend to hate the king as well. Her real plan was to trick them and save the king from his enemies, and then maybe he would love her too.”

“But what if they killed him first?” asked Zan, “You don’t do that to people you love.”

“Well, did they go home?”

“The girl ended up going home alone, just taking her son with her. The King and his knights wouldn’t go with her.”

“Why not?”

“The boy that the girl had tricked into decoding her book found out what she had done to him. The girl became scared that he would tell the king, so she panicked and killed him. She didn’t want all her plans to go wrong. When the king’s human girlfriend found out, she told the king and his knights and they were mad at the queen and let her leave by herself with her son.”

Zan looked at Tess angrily. “What’s wrong?” she asked him, worried that he was going to go back to crying and glaring like he had been earlier that day. “I thought the girl was supposed to be the good guy.”

End Chapter 3
Robyn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Lost- Chapter 4

Post by Robyn »

Thanks so much to everyone for your feedback. 3 cheers to you all!

Chapter 4:

"There are no good or bad guys, there are just people." replied Tess, empathizing with Zan's confusion.

"But isn't she an alien?" pointed out Zan.

"Yes, she is. But only half alien, she was half human too."

"Well, no matter what, she shouldn't have hurt anyone. My Mommy and Dad tell me that I'm never to hurt anyone or anything."

"Would you know that if you didn't have a Mom or a Dad?" asked Tess, and Zan looked at her oddly. "Well, the alien girl didn't have any parents."

Zan thought this over for a second, briefly worried that he too would have no parents again, he didn't want to think that. "Well, what happened to her?" he asked, trying to avoid his thoughts.

"She went back to her home planet with her son, only they rejected him because he was a human. They had wanted an heir to the throne that they could raise to their liking and then give total control of the planet too. But the child wasn't one of them so the people would never accept him. They were going to kill her child, but she took him back to Earth to save him."

"What happened once they got back to Earth?" asked Zan, as Tess had suddenly fallen quiet.

"The girl was very unhappy. Her son made her realize that human life was more important than she had thought. She went back to the King and knights to try and atone for what she did but it was impossible. Finally she gave her son to his father and went to destroy their enemies to protect the only people she had ever loved. They all thought she had died in a huge explosion, and she thought she would too, but somehow she came out of it alive."

"Maria, where are your stage hands?" asked Michael as he picked up an amp to move it to the stage area. "You're looking at em." replied Maria, picking up one of Michael's hands and holding it an inch from his face.

"Why did I ask?"

"I don't know." replied Maria, smiling at Michael, he returned a disappointed smile. She looked at him questioningly, "It's just, I rather be helping them look for Zan than moving equipment." he explained.

"Do you actually think it's Tess? I mean, the father's memory lose, but those things happen with trauma. I mean, I barely remember the beginning of our relationship. And Tess? The explosion, we saw it, how could she survive it?"

"Remember when she burned up the skins? She got all of them with a fireball, and we weren't scratched at all."

"If that was even the truth and not some mind warp, I mean, anything's possible with Tess."

"Exactly. And that's what's making me uneasy."

"Well, Michael, maybe it's best for us to not be with the group. We can come in and do rescue duty if need be." pointed out Maria, trying to make Michael feel better about missing out on the hunt.

"Just like we rescued Alex?" said Michael, dropping an amp down on the floor harder than he had meant to.

"Michael, I will be one of the last people in this world to forgive Tess for what she did to Alex, but I don't know if she's a threat. I mean, the explosion, and just, Liz told me about some things she told her before it, it seemed like she was different. Trying to make up for things. And maybe kidnapping Zan, it's just prompted by lonliness."

"But why after all these years? And we can't rule out the possibility that she is doing this solely to get to Maxwell."

"Kyle, pull over at this gas station." commanded Max and he jumped out of the van and went into the service station without telling anyone the reason for the sudden stop.

Kyle, Liz and Isabel sit in the van quietly for 10 minutes before Kyle piped up. "Any idea what he's doing in there?"

Liz and Isabel shrugged, before Liz volunteered to go and find out what was going on. She walked into the service station and sensed Max's nearing presence like a homing beacon. He was in the men's washroom. It was a single stall so Liz slide her hand over the lock and nudged it open before slipping inside.

"Hey, can't a man get any privacy?" joked Max weakly as he looked at Liz. She saw tear tracks running down his face. "Max, you don't have to hide your pain from me. This shutting me out, to protect me, this is what kills me."

Max looked at Liz and pulled her into his arms. "I'm.. I'm so sorry Liz. But before, I felt, like I was failing you and I didn't want to acknowledge any real problem or make you feel worse by seeing how much I was hurting. And now with Zan, it's just, I didn't want you to compare yourself to Tess, and somehow think you were failing me. Because you aren't, you never have Liz."

"I needed to see your pain then Max. To know it was something we were going through as a couple. I know how hard you were trying, to save each one, but when you failed, after you had made sure I was fine physically, you left me to drown emotionally."

"I'm sorry Liz."

"And you barely touch me anymore." she added suddenly, tears tracking their way down her face as well.

"Liz,"

"And now Tess and Zan are possibly back in your life. Of course I'm gonna feel like a failure to you. I can't.. and Max, you used to not be able to keep your hands off me."

"I know Liz, but I'm scared. Scared that I'm going to have to deal with another miscarriage, scared that I'm going to put you through that again."

End Chapter 4
Robyn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 5

Post by Robyn »

Chapter 5:

"Great, now we're missing both of them." jested Kyle, breaking the awkward silence that had taken over the van since Liz had left to get Max.

"Well, do you want to go break them up or should I?" Kyle added. Isabel seemed too deep in her own thoughts to even notice he had started talking.

"Kyle, do you think what I'm doing to Jesse is fair?" she finally said as if in response to his question.

"Isabel, I mean, I've never been a reincarnated alien princess, I don't know what fair would be if I was." he mumbled.

"Kyle. Just give me your opinion."

"My opinion? Are you sure?"

Isabel glared and him. "Well. Putting the alien stuff aside, I would be pissed if my wife just took off with a bunch of.. hippy types and I never heard from her again. I mean, ya, major anger there."

"I didn't just take off, I was protecting my own life, and I was trying to protect his."

"Isabel, you don't have to justify what you did to me. I understand, I'm just saying, if I was Jesse I wouldn't."

"I'll go in and get them."

Isabel walked into the service station and went straight to the phone booth. She had wanted to do this so many times, but there was always some reason that kept her from doing it. But it had been 5 years, surely things would be safe now.

"Hello?" came a woman's voice on the other end, and Isabel nearly dropped the phone before picking it back up and asking for Jesse. "I'm sorry, he's working late tonight. Can I ask who's calling?"

"Just an old friend from college." lied Isabel. "I didn't know Jesse was dating anyone." she added, praying the lady would tell her that he wasn't, she was just his cousin visiting, or even a colleague there to go over papers. Anything.

"I wouldn't call it dating." said the other woman, sadness in her voice. "Why?" asked Isabel, shocking the woman with her curiousity. She expected the woman to tell her it was none of her business and brush her off, but the woman obviously had a need to get this off her chest.

"Well, you know he was married I suppose?" she asked. "Yeah, I heard that." answered Isabel, trying to keep the bitterness out of her voice, the ice princess reformed in a matter of seconds. "Well, she just took off one day and he's never heard from her since. It's been almost 5 years. She was involved with drugs or something, took off with a bunch of dealers I guess. Can't find her even to sign a divorce. Not that he even tries. The poor sap, still has it for her despite everything. I have to deal with all the baggage she's left him."

"Why do you stay then?"

"Well, I didn't mean to. It was just a booty call in the beginning, and I meant to keep it that way, but Jesse's intriguing, like no other guy I've met. If he'd only open up. I guess I'm just waiting around for that to happen."

"Well, good luck with that." said Isabel, putting the phone down. She didn't know what she felt. She just turned and walked back out to the van.

"Hey, where's Max and Liz?"

"Oh, I didn't, I didn't find them."

"You didn't find them? It's a service station. How didn't you find them?"

"I called Jesse."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I called Jesse, my husband, and a woman answered."

"I see."

"A woman answered and complained to me about how his wife is ruining their relationship."

This time Kyle was silent.

"Kyle?"

"Yes Isabel?"

"Aren't you going to comfort me?"

"I'm really bad at that."

"And I'm really bad at letting someone comfort me."

"What did the alien girl do once she survived?" asked Zan.

"She tried to be a normal person. She got a job and a place to live."

"Was she still in love with the king?"

"She did love him for a long time, but she was also very angry, and finally stopped loving him at all when she realized that he had just given up their son. The only person that she had truly loved just for himself and the King hadn't felt anything for him. But the son was happy, and the girl was lost. So she just walked away from all of it."

"Is that the end?" asked Zan.

"The end for today. You should go to sleep."

Zan was about to protest but then thought better of it and crawled into bed.

End Chapter 5
Robyn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 6

Post by Robyn »

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

Chapter 6

“Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Katya” boomed the announcer and Maria smiled at Michael as she made her way onstage to the shrieks of her fans. Maria played her regular set plus a few new songs she had just written recently before the concert finally ended, much to Michael’s relief. Normally he loved watching Maria perform, but he was anxious to get back with the group, especially with the prospect that Tess was involved with Zan’s kidnapping. Tess gave him the creeps, the way she had always tried to appeal to him when they had first learned she was one of them. As if she thought he would understand her way of thinking.

Just when he thought he and Maria could take off, the cheering of the crowd convinced Maria back onstage for an encore. She didn’t have any more of her original songs ready so she played her favourite cover.

We both lie silently still

In the dead of the night.

Although we both lie close together

We feel miles apart inside

Was it somethin' I said or somethin' I did

Did my words not come out right

Tho' I tried not to hurt you

Tho' I tried

But I guess that's why they say

Liz held Max closely to her and he squeezed her right back. It had been too long since they had just held each other. “We’re in a men’s washroom.” whispered Liz, laughing at the absurdness of the situation. “Well, it’s kind of like the eraser room.” pointed out Max, and they were both suddenly giggling like nervous teenagers.

Every rose has its thorn

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Every rose has its thorn

“I’m sorry that you had to give up so much Liz.” said Max, interrupting the short lived break of juvenile dreams.

“Max, I didn’t have to give up anything. I have super powers after all.” she added trying to lighten the subject, get back to where they had been a second ago. But they weren’t in high school anymore.

“Liz”

“Max, I know, I understand. Zan is your son, the only son you’ll ever have. We have to face it, we’re just not compatible. It’s just genetics, nothing personal.” burst out Liz, finally stating out loud what they both had been too stubborn to admit for so long.

“Liz, you are compatible for me.”

“But I can never give you children Max. And Zan, he can fill that void for you. But I won’t, I will never get to be a mother. And Max, I understand, how much this must mean to you, and I do support you. But watching you have something that I can never have. That you have with some other woman. I need to get away and clear my head, because watching you look for Zan, it would just take too much from me.”

“Liz please don’t. Stay with me.”

“Max, I just need a little time away from all of this.”

Liz left Max alone in the rest room and picked up the pay phone inside the service station. “Where are you headed?” inquired the taxi service that was soon on the other end of the line, “Roswell, New Mexico.”

I listen to your favorite song

Playin' on the radio

Hear the DJ say love's a game of

Easy come and easy go

But I wonder does he know

Has he ever felt like this

And I know you'd be here right now

If I could have let you know somehow

I guess

“How could he just, just replace me with some hussy?” asked Isabel, and Kyle had to wonder the same thing. How could any man in his right mind, who had been with Isabel Evans ever go back to normal.

Every rose has its thorn

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Every rose has its thorn

Liz walked into the van and noticed that Kyle and Isabel were sitting in the very back seat having what looked to be a very serious conversation. “Hi.” she said quietly and they both looked up surprised to see her.

“You didn’t find him either?” asked Kyle, finally breaking what had seemed like an irregularly long silence.

“He just needs some time.” explained Liz, and then she took in a deep breath, “And I do too. I’m going to go home to Roswell for a few days. I’ll try not to let anyone see me. But I just need home.” added Liz, defending her choice, expecting Isabel to question the safety of her decision. Instead she merely nodded in agreement.

“How are we going to meet up again?” asked Kyle, worried that his group was going to fall apart. Sure, he often questioned why they didn’t, but in the end this van was his home.

“I can follow Maria’s schedule and meet up with her sometime when I’m ready to come back.”

Liz suddenly noticed that Isabel was trying to clear up tears. “Isabel?” she questioned.

Though it's been awhile now

I can still feel so much pain

Like a knife that cuts you

The wound heals, but the scar, that scar remains

Jesse slammed the door as Deseree left in a furry. She was always angry with him it seemed, but she always came back. Jesse almost wished she wouldn’t. Why was it always the ones that you want to leave that come back, and the ones that you wish would stay that leave?

I know I could have saved our love that night

If I'd known what to say

Instead of makin' love

We both made our separate ways

Tess watched Zan sleep and slowly wondered how everything had gone so wrong. She was supposed to be ruling a kingdom alongside her husband. Zan was supposed to be a prince, the gem of Antar. Instead here she was, kidnapping her one son just because she couldn’t stand to be alone.

Now I hear you've found somebody new

And that I never meant that much to you

To hear that tears me up inside

And to see you cuts me like a knife

End Chapter 6
Robyn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 7

Post by Robyn »

Chapter 7

“Drop me off at the UFO museum.” Liz instructed her taxi driver, deciding it was too risky for him to take her straight to the Crashdown. The taxi came to a stop outside the museum and she quickly paid him and slipped out unto the sidewalk.

She readjusted the large shades she was wearing and pulled her deep red hair back into a pony tail. She knew that she looked little like the Liz Parker that had disappeared from Roswell 5 years earlier but she couldn’t help feeling like everyone was watching her, even though there was no one on the street.

She decided that she might as well go into the UFO museum, since she had gotten dropped off there. She walked in and couldn’t help the flood of nostalgia that came to her. It was exactly the same. Or was it? Liz walked in further and noticed a whole new display at the other end of the room that made her catch her breath. The wall was covered in pictures of her husband. Him in his uniform, at graduation, there was even a picture of them together that must have been taking when she ran off with him during her blind date.

“Don’t be scared of him.” said a voice abruptly from behind her. Liz turned quickly and saw a little girl about 10 years old standing behind her. “What?”

“You shouldn’t be scared. Lots of people are scared, that he lived here with us, and we didn’t even now. But you shouldn’t be scared.” she continued.

“I’m not scared.”

“You looked scared.” accused the girl.

“I wasn’t.” said Liz, forcing a smile back on her face, “I don’t even believe in aliens.” she added.

“Yes you do.” said the girl, “Or you wouldn’t be scared. But you don’t have to be, he saved my life. He’s a good alien”

“You’re Sydney.” blurted out Liz, realized who the little girl had to be.

“You know me?” she asked, looking at Liz wide-eyed. Liz looked at the girl, who was now looking at her curiously. “He saved me too.” she whispered.

The girl nodded like this made perfect sense, and then asked, “What are you scared of then?”

“I’m scared for him.” she said, looking at the pictures, realizing that Max could truly never go home again.

“Michael do you know how much that amp cost me?” Maria asked as Michael slammed it down into the van that had just arrived. “Yes, Maria, I do since I was the one who went and bought it for you.”

“Then you should know to be more careful.” she added.

“I am kind of in a rush to get going on this. I mean, Maria, Tess could be out there, is it really necessary to worry about a stupid amp that Isabel will probably be able to patch up for you no problem?”

“That amp, and everything that goes with it is how we afford to eat, and have nice places to sleep, but you don’t complain about food and shelter slowing you down.”

“Maria, I don’t think anyone needs to hear about how the great Maria keeps us in food and board. I mean, does Max lord it over people that he saved the majority of us from death? or does Isabel brag about how she’s altered our appearances to save us from the feds and fixes everything that breaks? does Kyle complain about driving all night when we really need to get somewhere? does Liz complain about having to play psychologist for each of us in our messed up lives? No. They don’t Maria.”

“Yes, but they don’t complain about having to do those things either.”

“I’m not complaining Maria, I’m doing it, you’re the one who’s complaining.”

“I think you guys should stop bickering.” said Kyle, walking over to the music gear to help unload it.

“Thanks for the relationship advice Kyle.” said Michael, suddenly regretting what he said. Kyle didn’t need it pointed out to him that he didn’t have anyone in his life. “I’m sorry man.” he mumbled under his breath.

“No problem, I think I’m glad I’m not in a relationship after today.”

“We’re not that awful are we?” asked Maria, smiling and putting her arm around Michael.

“Sadly, you guys are probably getting along must functionally today.”

“Really? What’s up with the marrieds?” asked Michael.

“Well, Liz took off for Roswell.” he began.

“What? Roswell!? With Tess on the loose and she went off on her own? That’s not safe. Why didn’t you stop her? What if someone recognizes her?”

“Yeah, I might of thought of those things if I wasn’t busy comforting Isabel who just found out that Jesse’s shacking up with another woman.”

“What!?!” yelled Michael, “That bastard, I’m gonna kill him. How could he do that to Isabel.”

“Michael, he just got tired of waiting.” replied Isabel walking over to the group. “I don’t blame him. I mean, I’m hurt, but I understand. Karma’s a bitch.”

“Isabel, you have to be kidding me, whatever Vilandra may have done, there is no way you deserve to have this happen to you.” replied Maria. “Jesse is a slim ball, and you are going to divorce his ass and find someone a million times better.”

“I didn’t mean about Vilandra.” replied Isabel quietly. “I didn’t treat Jesse right at all. I did just leave him behind. Five years and I didn’t even bother to call him.”

“There were reasons for that. You think the guy would understand that possibly being caught and tortured would be a good reason to avoid calling.” added Michael. “Isabel, you are not going to blame yourself for this.” Michael reached out to take Isabel’s hand to comfort her, but as soon as he did a flash burst into his face and he quickly dropped her hand, and looked horrified at her.

“Michael, are you okay? What did you see?” asked Isabel.

“I, I think it was a flashback, of us, on Antar.” he added. Maria looked at him concerned, the last thing she wanted to hear about was Michael getting flashes from the future version of his past life wife but he looked particularly upset about his one.

“Oh.” was all Isabel said and they let it drop to Michael’s relief. They all suspected it was some tryst he remembered between Rath and Vilandra and wanted to let the subject die appropriately. But Michael had seen the truth. He had clearly seen himself, getting home from a long mission, walking into his bedroom and finding his wife in bed with Kivar. He had been so angry, but even then, when he was a honed general his emotions made him dangerous. He had aimed for Kivar, but it was Vilandra he hit. Rath had killed Vilandra, and worse then went and told Zan that it was Kivar’s doing. And with that action Rath had single handedly begun Antar’s bloodiest civil war. Maybe he was more like Tess than he thought.

End Chapter 7