Mixed Up (M/L AU ADULT) -(Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, thank you so much for your feedback it was great to hear from you all! I hope you enjoy this next part :D

Sweet Liz
cocopucks
Earth2Mama
VeronicB
LoveIsForever
maya
RASaero611
roswell3053
Timelord31
begonia9508
behrlyliz
Behrsgurl*87
vampyrax
Alien614
janesdilemma
believer_evans
Antarian Chick
BehrObsession
FSUMSW94
bluebballjumper
Maxsgurl - I'm trying but its hard sometimes because i have to rely on a beta to get it edited, but i did get a few parts written the other day so i might update early next week too.
NorafanofMaxandLiz
Ellie - no i jumped in time it will make sense why later in the story
orphyfets
sy-lyn
POM

Part 20

Max’s mouth fell open in awe as Liz descended the stairs.

He had never seen anyone or anything look so beautiful in his life. Liz looked like an angel as she walked towards him.

Liz smiled as she watched Max’s reaction. He looked so gorgeous in his black tuxedo with his short hair gelled so that it was spiky.

“Liz, you look so beautiful,” he whispered as he pinned the white lily corsage to her dress. There was a lot more that he wanted to say to her but he was speechless, and he didn’t think it would be a good idea to tell her how much he loved her in front of her mother.

“So do you,” she replied with a bright smile.

“Oh, look at you two,” Nancy Parker squealed. “Don’t you look darling? It’s almost like seeing Liz with Zan,” she said.

Max tensed beside Liz knowing exactly what Nancy was trying to say.

“No, Mum, it’s completely different,” Liz pointed out annoyed. “Max isn’t my brother.”

“I know that, but you know what I mean,” she replied as she started snapping pictures.

Over at the Evans’, Dianne was doing the same thing with Isabel and Alex, and Kyle and Serena. Zan had left earlier to pick up Tamara but he hadn’t escaped without posing for a few photos as well.

“So where are you kids all meeting for dinner?” Nancy asked.

“Chez Pierre,” Max answered for them.

“Oh that will be lovely,” Nancy smiled.

It was so nice to see Liz getting out. Nancy had been a little disappointed when Liz had told her that she was going with Max instead of some potential boyfriend. Nancy knew that Liz was lonely because all of her other friends had someone to share their time and heart with, and she wanted that for her daughter. Sometimes it worried her slightly how much time Liz spent with Max. Nancy knew that they had a lot in common and that they were best friends but it seemed unnatural to have such a close relationship with someone that was practically family.

“What about afterwards?” she asked. Nancy knew that there were usually a lot of after parties, Zan had already told her that he would be attending one, she trusted both of her children.

Liz shrugged. “I guess we’ll come home,” she looked at Max then. “Right?”

Max scratched his ear nervously not sure what to say. He had hoped they could be alone after the dance but he didn’t want to mention that in front of Nancy. “Its up to you. There are a few parties we could go to if you like?”

“Oh we should check them out. Is that ok?” Liz asked her mother.

“Of course,” she agreed. “As long as you ring and tell me where you are,” she replied.

Once Nancy had as many shots as she could, Max guided Liz out the front where the limousine was waiting. Liz gasped at the sight of the slick black limousine.

“Surprise,” Max leaned down and whispered.

“We’re going in that?” she asked.

“Yeah, all us guys pitched in. We wanted to surprise you,” he smiled.

Once in that limousine Liz discovered that Zan, Tamara, Maria, and Michael were already inside and she got even more excited.

The girls all commented on how beautiful they all thought each other looked and the guys agreed.

Dinner had been wonderful. At first it was a bit awkward with Tamara since she was such a good friend of Natalie’s. So far Natalie hadn’t taken the hint that Max wasn’t interested in being anything other than friends, but she was being nice to both Max and Liz.

The limousine was waiting when they finished dinner and it took them to the hall at school where the dance was already underway.

Liz and Max were last to get out of the limousine once it pulled up and Liz looked at Max in surprise when he took her hand in his own.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yep,” he replied. “Besides what type of date would I be if I didn’t hold your hand?” he pointed out. Liz knew what he meant, it wasn’t like holding her hand would be a declaration to everyone that they were together, but it would be accepted.

The hall was decorated in the school colours. There were balloons and banners everywhere for the Roswell Comets who had in fact won their homecoming game the night before, led by Kyle.

“Oh wow this looks great,” Liz said.

“This is your first dance, isn’t it?” Max remembered then.

“Yes,” Liz nodded. “Thank you for making it so special,” she smiled at him.

Max wanted to kiss her so badly. Liz deserved everything in the world and he wanted to be the person to give her those things.

They found a spare table and the girls all placed their bags down on it before finding their way onto the dance floor.

Max stood and watched them from the side. Liz looked so beautiful as she danced with Serena.

“This thing isn’t going to end well, you know that right?”

Max looked at his brother confused. Zan had walked up behind him and had observed him watching Liz. He wasn’t stupid. He knew how they both felt about each other and from the looks he had observed them giving each other all night it was obvious they were over fighting their attraction.

“I know you like her, but the olds are going to flip,” he pointed out.

“We don’t care,” Max told him. They had already agreed to tell Zan and Serena the truth anyway.

“Ok, just be prepared, that’s all. It’s going to be weird for some people,” he shrugged.

Max sighed. “We know that, but it’s not weird for us. We love each other.”

Zan nodded. He should be happy that his sister had found such a great guy to take care of her. Zan and Max were like chalk and cheese, where as Zan would be trying to hit home tonight with Tamara. He knew Max would respect Liz and have her home by curfew, and he had to admit that it was a comforting thought. When Liz was with Max he didn’t have to worry about her, unlike when she was with someone like Troy.

“Well good luck,” Zan smiled. “Oh and just a warning, Natalie is on her way over.”

Max looked in the direction Zan’s eyes were following and sure enough Natalie was sauntering over to him. Max didn’t waste any time, he immediately walked off in the opposite direction not wanting to get caught by her.

Max made his way on to the dance floor and just as he reached Liz, a slow song came on.

“Will you dance with me?” he asked.

“I’d love to,” Liz smiled.

Max pulled Liz into his arms and she melted against him, fitting his body perfectly.

“I told Zan,” he whispered and was rewarded with a bright smile from Liz.

“And…?”

“He thinks it’s a bad idea but he’s going to support us,” he told her.

“Thank you,” Liz breathed out her eyes focused on Max’s lips.

“Liz,” Max whispered.

Liz shook her head. “I’m sorry,” she sighed.

“No, I’m sorry because I want to kiss you so badly too,” Max replied.

Liz smiled and buried her head against his chest.

I am color...blind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready
I am
taffy stuck, tongue tied
Stuttered shook and uptight
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready
I am...fine
I am covered in skin
No one gets to come in
Pull me out from inside
I am folded, and unfolded, and unfolding
I am
colorblind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready
I am...fine
I am.... fine
I am fine

Natalie stood on the side of the dance floor searching for Max. She knew she had seen him standing there a few second ago with Zan.

“He’s on the dance floor.”

Natalie turned to find her best friend Tamara standing there. “Dancing with Liz,” she finished.

“Did he come with her?” she asked.

“Yeah,” Tamara nodded.

“Do you think there is something going on between them?” Natalie wondered as her eyes finally found Max and Liz slow dancing.

They were so close together you couldn’t have slid a hand between them. It was obvious from their body language that they were much more than friends and it made her so angry.

“I don’t know,” Tamara shrugged. Natalie might seem like a nice girl but her and Tamara had been best friends long enough that Tamara knew she had a mean streak, and Tamara really liked Zan and she didn’t want anything to go wrong because Natalie couldn’t accept that Max Evans wasn’t interested in her.

“I heard she was with Troy,” Tamara said.

“Well obviously that isn’t true or she would have come with him,” Natalie snapped.

“Look, Nat, you should just forget about him and move on. I don’t know if there is anything between him and Liz but its obvious he isn’t interested in you either,” she pointed out.

Natalie shook her head. “No, one way or another Max Evans is going to be mine,” she told Tamara before stalking off in the direction of the one person she knew would help her.

Two hours later Max and Liz had barely left the dance floor, or each other’s arms and it was obvious to most of their friends by now that there was something more than friendship going on between them, though no one commented on it.

“Let’s get out of here,” Liz whispered. She couldn’t stand being this close to Max any longer and not being able to touch and kiss him.

“You sure?” Max asked. There was still a half an hour or so of the dance to run.

“Yeah,” she nodded.

Max took Liz’s hand and with a glance over at the table his eyes met Zan and told him all he needed to know.

“Where are we going to go?” Liz asked.

“I-I hope you don’t mind but I got us a room,” he replied nervously.

Liz’s eyes widened. “A room?” she whispered.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “I thought we could spend some time alone, but if you don’t want to,” he told her hurriedly.

“No I want to,” Liz quickly assured him.

Max nodded and smiled and they walked the short distance to a nice motel where Liz knew most students went after prom.

“I already brought the jeep over,” he told her. “So we can leave whenever you like.”

Liz smiled at his thoughtfulness. When he had first mentioned the room, she was nervous and wondered what he expected but now she was excited because she knew what she wanted, but she could also tell that Max was very nervous and she wanted to help him forget about it.

Max was about to open the door before he faulted and turned back to her. “I want you to know that I don’t expect anything,” he blurted out. “I didn’t get the room to force you to do anything,” he added.

Liz smiled at him and then gently pushed him aside and entered the room.

“What happens if I want to do something?” she asks.

TBC – Colorblind by the Counting Crows
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your feedback, I know i left you all hanging so here is a new party earlier. Enjoy! :D

cocopucks
vampyrax
lazza
begonia9508
Ellie
BehrObsession
FSUMSW94
roswell3053
Earth2Mama
VeronicB
Liz86000
Maxsgurl
Timelord31
Sweet Liz
believer_evans
Alien614
RASaero611
mrsjbehr
su-lyn
POM
orphyfets
NorafanofMaxandLiz
maya
SmileeUk

Part 21

“What happens if I want to do something?” she asked.

Max shook his head not quite sure he heard what Liz said.

“What?” he asked.

Liz pulled Max through the door and it closed behind him. “I know that you didn’t bring me here expecting anything,” she whispered, “and it just makes me love you all the more.”

Max’s eyes widened in shock before he broke out in a huge grin.

“You love me?” he asked.

Liz blushed bright red realising what she had slipped. She wasn’t sure if it was too soon to tell Max how she felt about him, but it was too late now.

“Yeah I do,” she replied.

Max’s smile grew into a full grin, which lit up his entire face. He pulled Liz against him and kissed her with all the love he felt for her and when he pulled back Liz was panting.

“Wow,” she whispered touching her lips, which were still tingling.

“I love you too,” he told her.

Liz’s head snaps up. “You do?” she asked.

“Yeah I do, very much,” Max told her gently.

Their mouths came back together but this time it was slower. Max teased Liz’s bottom lip with his tongue until she opened for him, and he immediately slipped his tongue into her mouth.

“Max,” Liz moans as his tongue seeked hers out and slid against it over and over again.

Liz felt her knees go weak from the sensations Max is causing. He was practically making love to her mouth, and it felt unbelievable.

When Max felt Liz’s legs give out slightly, he pulled her tighter against him and began walking towards the large bed in the middle of the room. He wasn’t thinking about what he was doing, he was just feeling.

They broke apart as Liz’s knees hit the bed followed by her back. Liz shifted further up the bed and reached for Max.

Max only hesitated a second before shrugging out of his suit jacket and joining Liz on the bed.

Their mouths came back together as Max pressed his hard body against Liz’s soft one. Max caressed Liz’s face and her neck before his hand trailed down and stopped just above the swell of her breast.

“Is this ok?” he asked breathlessly.

“Yes,” Liz nodded reaching for his hand, placing it over her aching breast.

“God, Liz,” Max groaned.

Max caressed her breasts over the fabric of her dress, rubbing her nipple until he felt it pucker.

“Make love to me, Max,” Liz moans as he trailed kisses up her neck.

Pulling back after hearing her words Max saw that Liz is serious and smiled. “You sure?” he asked.

“Positive,” she assured him as she brought his hand to the zipper on the side of her dress. “Make me yours,” she added.

Max lowered the zipper on her dress slowly and when it was down as low as it could go, he peeled the top half of it away to reveal Liz’s naked breasts.

“OH God,” he groaned. He had imagined a million times what Liz would look like naked. He has imagined what it would be like to be with her like this but none of his fantasies or dreams had prepared him for this.

He cupped her in his hands and Liz threw her head back and moaned in delight.

“You are so gorgeous,” he told her.

Not sure if what he was going to do was right, Max hesitantly leaned in and licked a nipple.

“Max,” Liz cried out.

Taking her cry as a good sign, Max took more of Liz’s nipple and breast into his mouth and sucked. Liz threaded her fingers through Max’s head and encouraged him to take more of her, which he did happily. Max sucked on her until Liz was writhing underneath him and then he took the other one into his mouth and did the same.

Liz felt something unfamiliar start low in her stomach and before she knew, it she felt like she was flying over the edge and calling Max’s name out in bliss. “MAX!”

When she opened her eyes, Max was staring into them with a small smile.

“Did you…?” he asked unsurely.

Liz nodded shyly. “Thank you,” she whispered. She didn’t know what to expect when she had her first orgasm and she was a little embarrassed that Max had been able to bring her to the brink by just sucking her breasts, but at the same time not surprised, Max was so amazing.

Liz pushed on Max’s chest then no longer shy about her slight nudity. Her small hands pulled at the clip-on tie and threw it to the ground before she began unbuttoning his dress shirt.

When Max was finally free and naked from the waist up like she was, Liz almost groaned. “You must work out a lot to look this good,” she whispered her hand lingering on the defined six-pack he has.

“You think I look good?” he asked surprised. He had started working out when he was fifteen mainly because he had nothing better to do but also because he wanted girls to think he looked good. At that moment he knew every hour he had sweated was worth it to see the way Liz was looking at him.

“You’re so hot and sexy,” she whispered. Her words caused Max to raise his eyes to meet hers. “I want you so bad,” she whispered then.

Max let a little growl out before pouncing on Liz and pinning her to the bed again. He kissed her hard, his tongue darting in and out of her mouth.

“Let’s get you out of that beautiful dress,” he whispered.

Liz nodded and lifted her hips so Max could pull the expensive dress over her hips and down her shapely legs. Once the dress was placed over a chair, Max turned back to Liz and gasped when he saw what she had been wearing underneath the dress. The small pink thong barely covered anything but the thigh high stockings were a complete turn on.

“What are those?” he asked, eyes wide.

Liz giggled. “Stockings,” she said.

“No, they’re not stockings,” Max objected. “I know what stockings look like, Liz, and they aren’t it.”

Liz giggles again. “Don’t you like them?” she asked, she could tell that he did, a lot in fact.

“That’s not the point,” he told her. “You were wearing only that, under that,” he pointed to the dress, “all night?”

“Uh huh,” Liz nodded with a sultry look on her face, “and if you would get back to the job at hand I’ll be wearing even less soon,” she finished with a smirk.

Wide eyed, Max nodded and slowly slid one stocking down her leg and then the other.

He turned his eyes to her thong panties then but before he got the chance to try and remove them Liz was crawling towards him, her eyes focused on his belt and pants.

“Your turn,” she whispered huskily as she sucked on his ear lobe while unbuckling his belt.

Her small hand grazed Max’s hardness as she slowly unzipped his belt and Max groaned.

“Do you have something?” Liz asked him once she has removed his pants and he lied beside her in only his boxers, and her in her thong.

Max nodded and reaches for the wallet in his pants on the floor. He sighed in relief when his eyes land on the three pack of condoms.

“A little hopeful, aren’t we,” Liz teased when she saw the pack.

“What! No,” he objects. “I just brought it.”

Liz’s giggles stopped Max. “I’m just teasing,” she whispered.

“We don’t have to do this,” Max said again. “I mean I really want to, but the minute you want to stop I will,” he assures her.

“I know,” Liz smiled, falling more in love with him every second. “But I want to make love to you,” she assured him.

Max kissed her again while his hands ran all over her body until he was caressing the inside of her thigh. He nudged the material of her thong aside until his finger was grazing her wet lips.

“Liz,” he moaned as he felt the wet juices that he had caused.

“God, Max,” Liz moaned. “More,” she pleaded; the feel of his single finger gently tracing her was not enough.

Max removed his finger, ignoring Liz’s groan of protest and began to pull the thong panties off Liz’s body. Once gone, he began caressing her breasts again before taking them into him mouth. His hand trailed back down her body until it was once again tracing her wet lips, but this time he doesn’t feel shy, and just when Liz thought it couldn’t get any better he slowly slipped a digit inside of her.

“Yes, Max!” she cried out.

Max pumped the finger in and out of her a few times before adding another. He moved on to the next breast while Liz encouraged him by pressing on his head and thrusting her hips against his finger.

When both nipples were hard, Max began trailing kisses up Liz’s neck until he reached her ear.

“You like that?” he asked happy at the look of bliss on her face, his confidence soaring.

“Yes,” Liz panted, her hips rising high off the bed when Max’s thumb grazed her nub.

“I want to watch you come,” he whispered.

“I’m so close,” Liz told him knowing now what the building feeling in her stomach was.

A few more pumps of his fingers and Max got his wish because Liz was coming apart in his arms, crying out his name. While Liz was coming down from her high, Max removed his boxers and opened a condom. He knew in theory how he was supposed to use it from sex classes and a talk with his dad, so following his instincts he rolled the latex down his hard cock, hissing at how hard it felt.

When he turned back, he found Liz watching curiously and then she licked her lips at the sight of his cock which almost caused Max to come there and then. Growling, he pounced on her again and started kissing her passionately. Liz’s small hand reached down and covered Max’s cock intending to stroke and explore him but Max’s hand reached out to stop her.

“I won’t make it,” he told Liz regretfully.

“Next time,” she smiled.

Max grinned at her loving the fact that Liz was already talking about making love with him again a second time when they haven’t even done it yet the first time.

“I can’t believe you’re about to be inside of me,” Liz said in awe when Max pulled back and positioned himself at her opening.

Max was about to ask her again if she is sure when Liz placed a finger against his lips. “Rock my world, Max” she smiled.

Max teased the head of his cock against Liz’s wetness before slowly dipping the head in.

“Don’t tease,” Liz begged.

“I’m not, sweetie, I’m just trying to go slow. This is probably going to hurt you,” he tells her.

“I don’t care,” Liz replied bravely. “I want to feel you inside of me.”

Max slid into her slowly, his control almost slipping as Liz’s tight walls closed around him. He stopped when he reached her barrier and leaned in to kiss her. Happy that he had her attention averted, Max pulled back and plunged back inside of her and through her virginity.

Liz whimpered a little against his mouth but was soon moaning and writhing as Max slid in and out of her.

“I love you,” Max told her. He was so close and knew that he wouldn’t be able to hold on much longer.

“I love you too,” Liz gasped.

Her walls began to flutter around Max’s cock then and with a groan Max spilled his seed. “LIZ,” he cried out.

Before Liz knew, it she felt herself falling over the edge alongside Max and moaned. “MAX,” she moaned.

Exhausted but completely satisfied, Max fell against Liz’s chest with his eyes closed. When Liz came back from her high, she smiled at the man in her arms and ran a hand through his thick hair.

“That was more that I ever imagined,” she whispered.

Opening his eyes, Max raised his head and kissed Liz’s lips gently. “I know. Nothing compared to that. I love you, Liz.”

“I love you too, Max” she replied.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: HI everyone, sorry i didn't update last night but i was waiting to get this part back from my beta, so here it is hot off the presses.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, just a warning though it wont be all angst free from here!

Enjoy

Part 22

Two Months Later

Liz and Max only grew closer after their passionate night together. It was surprising to Liz that none of their friends ever asked what was going on with them at the dance, but they continued to keep their relationship a secret. They also spent most of the time they had alone now finding somewhere to make love.

“Hey, sis,” Serena smiled as she entered Liz’s room and sat down on the bed.

“Hi,” Liz smiled back looking up from her computer where she was typing out her English lit paper.

“Do you have time to talk?” she asked.

Liz turned around and smiled. “For you, always,” she told her.

They settled on the bed together. “So what’s up?” Liz asked.

“Well as you know Kyle and I have been going out for a while now,” Serena started. “Nearly six months to be exact,” she added.

Liz smiled. “Yeah.”

“Well things between us have been getting more serious,” she informed Liz.

“Like intimate?” Liz asked. Liz had never told anyone, including her sister that she and Max had taken the next step in their relationship. She believed that it was a personal thing, and besides, the last thing Serena wanted to know about was her brother’s sex life.

“Yeah,” Serena blushed.

“Ok,” Liz nodded not sure what her sister wanted her to say. It was great that she was sharing this with her.

“Well I thought it would be a good idea to go to the family clinic to go on the pill, I was hoping you would come with me.”

Liz’s eyes widened in surprise and she wondered why she hadn’t though to be so responsible like her sister especially since Serena was normally the one that didn’t think things through before she did them.

“I think that’s a great idea, in fact I might go on it too,” she told her.

“Good idea. Besides it’s better to be safe then sorry,” Serena pointed out, but when she looked at Liz. she could tell right away that her sister was feeling guilty about something.

“You and Max?” Serena asked shocked.

Liz blushed and nodded.

“Wow! Why didn’t you say something?” Serena asked and she wondered when it had happened.

“It’s kind of private and I didn’t think you would want to hear about it,” Liz shrugged.

Serena smiled. It was obvious that she was very happy with Max. “Kyle offered to come you know,” she told her, “but I just knew he’d feel uncomfortable.”

“I’m glad you asked me,” Liz smiled before leaning in and hugging her sister.

“Do you want me to make an appointment for you too?” Serena asked.

“Yes please.”

Max raced to catch up to Liz in the hallway at the end of the day. He hoped he could convince her to go for a drive with him.

“Hey,” he greeted as he settled into a walk beside her.

“Hi,” she smiled up at him. Liz felt the urge to reach down and take his hand but resisted it.

“Want to go for a drive with me?” Max asked.

Liz’s face fell. “I’m sorry I can’t,” she informed him. “I’m going somewhere with Serena.”

“Oh,” he replied. “Anything exciting?” he asked.

Liz blushed immediately and then looked around at all the people that could hear. “Walk me to the car and I’ll tell you then,” she suggested.

“Sure,” he agreed. Besides, now that Liz was busy, he didn’t have anything to do this afternoon anyway.

When they reached the car park Liz noticed that Serena wasn’t there yet.

“So…?” Max asked.

“I’m going with Serena to the family planning clinic,” he told him.

Max looked at her confused. “Why?”

Liz blushed. “Well you can see someone about contraceptives there.”

“Oh,” he said. “Are you going to go on something?” he wondered.

“Well yeah, I thought it would be a good idea,” she said.

“Yeah, it would,” Max agreed and smiled at her. “Can I come?” he asked.

Liz looked at him surprised. “Wouldn’t you be uncomfortable?” she asked.

“No, I mean you’re doing this for us and I think it would be good for me to know all about it as well.”

Liz smiled and shook her head. “You’re amazing do you know that?”

Max grinned and blushed. “I try.”

He couldn’t help himself then, he reached out and caressed her hand gently before he pulled it back. “So can I come?”

“Let me check with Serena. I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable.”

Max’s eyes narrowed. “Isn’t she just going to support you?” he asked.

“No, it was actually her idea,” she replied.

Liz watched as Max’s face contorted in anger. “I’m going to fucking kill Valenti.”

Liz’s eye went wide. “Max,” she said. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“He shouldn’t be having sex with my sister, Liz,” Max hissed.

“Oh no you don’t, buddy,” Liz snapped. “Don’t you dare stand there and get angry that your sister, who is the same age as you and me for the record, is having sex when you’re doing the exact same thing.”

Max’s mouth opened to argue but then he realised she was right, so he shut his mouth quickly.

Serena and Kyle joined them then, holding hands as they smiled. “Hey guys,” they greeted.

“Hi,” Liz replied but Max just stared at Kyle with narrow eyes until Liz hit him in the chest.

“Liz, Kyle is going to join us if that’s ok,” Serena blushed as she tried to avoid her brother’s gaze.

“That’s fine,” Liz flashed them a smile. “Max is coming too.”

Kyle’s eyes went wide. No one had confirmed or denied what he had suspected at the homecoming dance but if Max was going to the family planning clinic with Liz it had to mean they were together.

After the clinic, Max and Liz dropped Serena and Kyle off at the Crashdown before heading out to the desert.

“So are you ok with everything you heard today?” Liz asked.

The doctor Liz spoke to suggested that she go on the pill since she was sexually active but she also encouraged them to continue to use condoms as well, something that neither of them liked the idea of. They understood that condoms didn’t just give you added protection from pregnancy but also from diseases, but since they were each other’s first, they new it wasn’t an issue.

“Yeah,” Max nodded. “Are you ok with going on the pill?”

“It’s fine and maybe in a couple of months we could stop using the condoms,” she blushed. Liz loved the idea of feeling Max inside of her without the latex covering him.

Max agreed. “Only if you’re sure. I would hate to get you pregnant,” he said as he reached for her hand.

Liz nodded. “I know but we could at least try it without one,” she blushed.

Max smiled and leaned into kiss her. “I like that idea,” he whispered huskily.

They sat together cuddling and kissing for a while until Liz’s broke the silence.

“Max?”

“Yeah,” he replied and looked down at her.

“I want to tell our parents,” she whispered.

Max sighed. “Liz, I thought we talked about this,” he replied.

“We did and we agreed not to but I hate lying to them, Max,” she said sitting up.

“Me too, but you’ve heard them, they think of us as siblings and think we should too,” he argued.

The truth was Max was sick of lying too, but he would continue it if it meant being with Liz. But he was sick of arguing about it with her, it grew tiresome and he would prefer to be doing much more interesting things like making love to her.

“They’d accept it in time,” she argued.

Max closed his eyes and removed his arms from around Liz. “We can’t!”

“We can,” Liz replied and sat up.

“I couldn’t take it if they didn’t’ accept us, Liz, or worse yet they kept us apart. I won’t risk it,” he said sternly.

“You don’t get to decide,” Liz objected, fire burning in her eyes.

“Liz,” Max said a warning in his tone.

Liz pulled back from Max and back into her seat. “Take me home,” she demanded.

“Liz, don’t be like that. I don’t want to fight,” Max sighed and reached out for her.

Liz turned to look out the window and ignored his touch.

“Fine,” Max said annoyed. He started the car and drove back towards Roswell. He went to the school and pulled into the parking lot where his jeep was parked. As soon as he got out, Liz moved over the gear stick and into the driver’s side. She pulled the door shut and started the car again and drove off, ignoring Max who stood there shocked.

Liz avoided Max for the next couple of days. She was upset at the way he had dismissed her like her opinion meant nothing. Sure she understood how he felt but what good would come of lying? Liz suspected that their mothers were already suspicious and she was tired of her mother’s concerned looks when she didn’t go out on a date every Friday night like her brother.

It was important to Liz because she saw a future with Max. She loved him with all her heart and even though it was a long way off she thought they might get married one day. There was less than 4 months of school left and her and Max had already applied to the same colleges, the fact was, they couldn’t hide relationship forever.

Liz walked into biology knowing that she couldn’t avoid Max forever. They needed to talk and she missed him. She walked into the classroom and immediately looked up to find him but when she did she froze in her tracks. Max was sitting at their lab bench smiling as Natalie stood very close to him and flirted. She immediately shook her jealousy off and took another few steps but that was as far as she got when she witnessed her boyfriend reach out and push a piece of Natalie’s hair behind her ear in a similar fashion that he did to her.

Unable to stop herself, her eyes filled with tears and she turned on her heel and raced out of the classroom.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback. Just dropping this off. Hope you enjoy!

Part 23

Max headed to lunch concerned. So far Liz hadn’t showed up in any of the classes they shared together. When he reached the lunch table the only person there was Zan, so he sat across from him.

“Hey bro,” Zan greeted him.

“Hey,” he replied. “Listen, where’s Liz today?” he asked.

Zan looked up. “What do you mean?”

“She hasn’t been in any of her classes,” Max told him.

Zan frowned. “We came to school together,” he said.

Michael joined the table then. “Hey what’s up?”

“Hey man,” Zan greeted.

“Hey, Mike,” Max replied. “Have you seen Liz today?” he asked.

Michael shifted nervously.

“Mike?” Zan questioned.

“Nah, but Maria has,” he told them.

Max looked around then and realised that none of the girls were present at the table. Kyle was headed their way too with no Serena at his side, which was unusual these days.

“Where are the girls?” he asked.

Michael shrugged but Max didn’t buy it.

“Evans, man, what did you do to Liz?” Kyle asked as soon as he sat down.

“What?” Max frowned.

Kyle’s eyes went wide when he realised he said something he shouldn’t have. Serena told him that he always put his foot in things and he realised then she was right.

“Where’s Liz?” Zan spoke up. He was getting more concerned about his sister by the second.

Kyle shrugged. “Don’t know that. I just know that Serena got a message and had to go because Liz needed her.”

Zan turned to Max then. “What’s going on with you and Liz?” he asked.

“Nothing. I don’t know!” Max exclaimed. “We had a disagreement the other day and she hasn’t talked to me since then.”

“What did you argue about?” Zan quickly continued to ask questions.

“Telling the parents,” Max replied.

Zan sighed and reached into his bag and pulled out his phone. “I knew this shit was going to happen,” he pointed out.

He dialed his sister’s cell but it rang out and went to voice mail. He decided not to leave a message.

“Do you know where Maria is Michael?” Zan asked then.

Michael sighed. Didn’t they realise that Maria would give him more shit than they could give him combined if he fessed up their location? But he hated seeing Zan and Max so concerned about Liz.

“Michael?”

Before he could divulge the information he had, they were interrupted by the girly giggles of Tamara and Natalie. Tamara planted herself in Zan’s lap where they immediately began to make out, and Natalie took a seat next to Max and smiled.

“Hi, Max.”

“Hey,” he replied.

Michael frowned when he noticed how close Natalie was sitting to Max and the fact that Max had completely forgotten about grilling him for information about Liz. He didn’t believe it when Maria told him that Liz suspected that Max was interested in Natalie now, which is why she was so upset. Michael had known Max a long time and he knew he was a one-man guy but now he wasn’t so sure.

“You ok?” Serena asked again.

“I’m sorry, guys, you wasted your whole lunch in here with me,” Liz apologised. After she had run out of the classroom she had hid in the eraser room and sent Serena a text message. As soon as Serena got it, she rounded up Maria and Isabel and they joined her.

“I’m sure it was a misunderstanding,” Isabel told her after she explained to them all what had happened in biology that morning.

Maria and Isabel had been initially surprised at why Liz was so upset. They both knew that Max and Liz liked each other, it was obvious, but they were shocked to find out that they had been seeing each other secretly behind everyone’s back.

Liz chuckled sarcastically. “A relationship based on lies it never going to work, I don’t why I thought it would.”

“Liz, Max adores you. He wouldn’t cheat on you,” Serena told her.

“Maybe not. But from what I saw this morning, he’s found someone that will be a whole lot easier to have a relationship with.”

“Why were you not talking to him to begin with?” Isabel asked.

“I want to tell our parents, stop the lies. Max thinks out parents wont accept it and that they’ll try to keep us apart,” Liz sighed.

“What are you going to do?” Maria asked.

“I don’t know,” she said honestly. “I want to be with him but I also know that I can’t be in a relationship with him that’s all about lies and secrets.”

“Well you should talk to him,” Isabel suggested.

“I will,” she nodded.

The bell rang then and one by one the girls exited the eraser room with Liz being the last.

Liz was almost out the door when a hand reached out and stopped her.

“What?”

“I’ve been looking for you all day.” Liz looked up hoping to come eye to eye with amber ones but instead, she found Troy smiling down on her.

“Oh hi, Troy,” she sighed. She didn’t need this right now.

“How about coming out with me on Friday night?” he asked.

“I don’t think so,” she replied.

Liz took a step away but Troy’s hand on her shoulder halted her again. “Come on, Liz, you can’t pine over Evans forever, besides I saw him and Natalie having lunch today and they looked pretty cosy,” he said.

Unbeknownst to Liz, Troy had seen her that morning race out of biology when she saw Natalie flirting with Max, but after he saw Natalie sitting with Max at lunch he knew this was the perfect opportunity to make his move on Liz, the opportunity he had discussed with Natalie.

Liz stiffened and did her best to fight off the tears that came to her eyes. It was at that moment she looked up and she caught sight of Max walking through the hall and even though she knew she shouldn’t have been shocked, she was when she caught sight of Natalie walking beside him with her hand on his arm.

They looked like the perfect couple.

Max caught sight of Liz at the same time she saw him. He didn’t even think about the fact that he was walking with Natalie he just got one look at Liz and the fact that she appeared to be coming out of the eraser room with Troy.

Natalie felt Max stiffen and looked up and saw what he was staring at and smiled. She realised that this was the perfect opportunity for her to get Liz out of her way so she slid her hand that was resting on Max’s arm down to his hand and pulled him with her into their next class.

Liz didn’t wait for anyone that afternoon. As soon as the last bell rang, she fled for the parking lot. Today had been the single worst day of her life and she knew it was probably only going to get worse. She was right.

“So this is the way it’s going to be between us now?” a voice startled her. She looked up to find Max leaning against the SUV she shared with Zan. “I don’t agree with you on something so you ignore me and then hook up with Troy?”

Liz’s eyes went wide. “Excuse me?” she asked her voice edged with anger.

“You know I saw you coming out of the eraser room with Troy,” he snapped.

The car park started to fill with students then and Liz and Max had caught some of their attention.

“I’m not talking to you about his here,” she whispered and turned her back to find her keys.

Max’s hand closed around her arm. “Fine,” he said and began to pull her towards the jeep.

“What are you doing?” Liz hissed.

“You won’t talk here so I’m going to find us somewhere we can talk,” he told her as he helped her into his jeep.

Max hopped behind the wheel and sped out of the parking lot without seeing the concerned stares of their friends and family.

Max didn’t stop and there wasn’t a word exchanged until they were in their place in the desert.

“So we’re here, let’s talk,” Max demanded.

Liz got out of the car before her anger got the best of her. In the end it didn’t help and she found herself stalking towards Max and slapping his face.

Max’s mouth opened in shock.

Liz gasped when she realised what she did and immediately turned and burst into the tears that she had been doing her best to keep in.

“What was that for?” Max finally asked.

“How could you?” Liz sobbed her back still to him.

“How could you?” Max said back.

“Unlike you, Max,” Liz turned on him. “I was with Maria, Isabel and Serena at lunch. Troy caught me on the way out. He just wanted to rub salt into my wounds but he wouldn’t have been able to do that if you hadn’t given him a reason would he?”

“What are you talking about?” Max asked.

“I saw you,” Liz pointed. “Twice.”

“Saw what?” Max exclaimed.

“With her!” Liz snapped. “So you know what, Max? Let me save you the trouble of breaking up with me,” she took a deep breath to contain her sob but her next words came out in one anyway .“We’re through.”

“What?” Max whispered.

Liz took a few minutes to contain her self and wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt.

“I saw you with Natalie in biology and I know that you had lunch with her. Don’t deny that you like her, Max. I can see it. It’s easier to be with her, isn’t it? You don’t have to lie. You don’t have to fight over lying.”

“God, Liz, is that what you think?” Max whispered shocked, he took a step forward but Liz just as quickly took another one back.

“I can’t think when you’re that close,” she whispered.

Max nodded.

“I haven’t changed my mind, Max,” she told him. “I still want to tell our parents”

“Liz…” Max began to object.

“Everything we have is based on a lie, Max,” she told him. “I don’t want that, so it’s either we come clean or we’re…”

“We’re what?” Max asked.

“We’re over,” Liz whispered, her heart breaking with every word.

“You’re giving me an ultimatum?” he gasped.

Liz reluctantly nodded.

I'm having an authors chat at 9pm EST on 27th, i know its short notice but it would be great if you could come along.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hey guys. Thank you so much for your overwhelming feedback. I am doing my best to get more updates to you and i have the next to parts written and with my beta. Your getting them as quickly as i can felsh them out and get them edited.

Anyway i hope you enjoy this next part, please save the tomatoes we still have a bit to go in this fic. :D

Heavenli24
frenchkiss70
su-lyn
lazza
maya
maxssoulmate
BehrObsession
RASaero611
FSUMSW94
behrluv32
cherie
VeronicB
dreamer destiny
begonia9508
Alien614
orphyfets
NorafanofMaxandLiz
dawnuk
Earth2Mama
bluebballjumper
Ellie
confusedfool
mrsjbehr
Strawberry88
behrlyliz
janesdilemma
ShatteredDreamer
behrluv32
Shadowlynxbehr
Sweet Liz
irish-girl

Part 24

During the whole ride home in the jeep neither Max or Liz said a word. Max had no idea how to respond to Liz's ultimatum and Liz had already decided that the simple fact that Max hadn't denied any of her accusations about Natalie must have meant that they were true.

When they pulled up Liz quickly fled the jeep and Max just sat and stared at her retreating figure.

"I take it things didn't go well?" Max looked up to find Isabel and Serena.

He shook his head.

"I better go see if she's ok," Serena explained and made her way towards the Parker's house.

"What happened?" Isabel asked.

"I don't want to talk about it," Max replied as he got out of the jeep.

"Max, Liz was really upset today about you and Natalie," Isabel told him as she followed him towards the front of their house.

Max stopped. "There is no me and Natalie, Liz is being ridiculous."

Isabel frowned. "Liz isn't the kind of person to get upset about nothing, Max. Obviously what she walked in on this morning in biology upset her enough to force her to skip her class," she pointed out.

"We were just talking, that's it," Max fired back. "Just like her and Troy were when I saw them in front of the eraser room after lunch," he added sarcastically.

Isabel frowned. She had never seen Max behave this way before and she didn't like it.

"Liz was with us in the eraser room at lunch upset, unlike you who was having a cosy little lunch with Natalie," she snapped.

"Who told you that? I didn't invite her. She just sat down with Tamara."

"Yeah and you didn't stop her, did you?" she said with a shake of the head. "Pull your head out of your ass, Max, before you blow things with Liz for good."

Max's head fell.

"Oh, God, you already have, haven't you?"

Max pushed past his sister. "Just stay out of it, Isabel."

Liz was unpacking her bag when Serena knocked on the door.

"Hey," she greeted her.

"Hi," Liz replied.

"Are you ok?" she asked.

Liz shrugged, she felt like crying, but she refused to let herself.

"What happened?" Serena asked concerned about Liz's behaviour. She had expected to find her sister sobbing but she seemed to be holding it together pretty well. Maybe things hadn't gone as badly as she had first thought.

Liz placed the book she was holding down and turned to face Serena. "We broke up."

Serena's eyes went wide. "What? Why?"

"Um, basically Max didn't deny that he had feelings for Natalie and I gave him a choice. We either come clean or we break up."

"Liz," Serena sighed.

"He didn't even bother to try and talk me out of it," she tried to laugh but it was the final crack in her act and a tear rolled down her face.

"I'm sorry, sweetie," Serena hopped up and pulled her into a hug.

"It's for the best. I hit Max today, Serena, and it made me realise something. I realised that I don't like the person I am. I lie to my friends and family and the old Liz would never have hit someone," Liz cried.

"Oh, sweetie," Serena didn't know what to say. So instead, she pulled Liz onto the bed and put her head in her lap and just let her cry.

"It's going to be alright," she told her. "I promise it's going to be alright"

For the next week both Max and Liz walked around like zombies. Nancy and Dianne were worried about their children and their friends had no idea what to do. Liz did her best to avoid Max at all costs but she still had to deal with him during biology.

Max knew that he needed to talk to Liz but his pride kept getting in the way. It also didn't help that every time he saw Liz, she would turn and rush off in the other direction. He was doing his best to avoid Natalie but it was very difficult because she seemed to be everywhere that Tamara was and Tamara was everywhere that Zan was.

Add to that, Max could tell that Zan was angry as hell with him. Right now he was holding it in and Max suspected that it was because Liz had told him to stay out of it but Max was waiting for Zan's "I told you so."

Max sat down in biology and put his head down. He didn't see Liz enter until he felt her sit down beside him. Usually she waited for the final bell to rush in before the teacher so that he couldn't speak to her but today the teacher seemed to be running late.

He looked up and smiled at her. "Hi."

Liz looked over at him. "Hi," she replied in almost a whisper.

"How are you?" he asked.

Liz looked at him and almost wanted to ask him if he was serious. "I've been better," she admitted.

"Yeah, I know that feeling," he replied with a small smile.

"Liz," he whispered. "Do you think we could talk?"

Liz turned surprised "Is there anything to talk about?" she asked.

Liz could see out of the corner of her eye that Natalie was standing up to approach them.

"Yeah I think there is," he told her. "I miss you," he added with a whisper.

Liz choked back a sob. "Me too."

"Then can't we talk about this?" he asked.

Liz opened her mouth to answer but before she could reply, Natalie sauntered up to Max.

"Hi, Max."

Max turned surprised at her voice. "Um, hi," he replied awkwardly. He was aware of Liz sitting beside him and the last thing he wanted to do was say or do anything that she could perceive as flirting.

"What are you up to for lunch?" she asked.

"Um," Max replied nervously. "I'm, um, actually having lunch with Liz," he said which surprised both Natalie and Liz.

"Oh," Natalie replied. "Well maybe we could have lunch another day?" she suggested.

Max didn't reply. He just nodded but he had no intention of ever doing it.

Max turned and found Liz looking at him curiously. "Why did you do that?" she asked.

"What?"

"Tell Natalie we were having lunch?"

"Well, I planned on asking you, but she interrupted before I got the chance."

"Oh."

"So will you?" he asked his voice was full of hope.

Liz sighed. "Well I'll be sitting at the normal lunch table today and I guess if you're there too that would be ok," she said right before the teacher entered the room. He apologised for being late and instructed them to get to work right away.

Max smiled at Liz, it might have only been a baby step, but he would take what he could get.

The group was surfside when both Max and Liz sat at the lunch table for the first time all week. It was obvious that they weren't back together but they all thought it was a good start.

"I can't believe that we only have a few months left of school," Maria spoke up.

"I know," Alex agreed. "It's scary."

"I had a meeting with the guidance counselor today about college" Isabel admitted.

"I've finished my applications," Alex said.

"Me too," Serena and Maria added.

"How about you, Liz?" Serena asked.

Liz looked up surprised. She had been listening to the conversation but hadn't been a participant. "Oh yeah I applied a few months ago."

"Oh where at?"

"Harvard, Princeton, NYU and a few others," she explained with a shrug.

"Wow," Alex grinned.

"What about you Max?" Michael asked.

"Um the same as Liz," he admitted. They had actually done their applications together with the intention of going to the same college together.

"Well it will just be UNM for me, that's if I'm lucky enough to graduate at all." Michael said.

"There's nothing wrong with UNM," Maria objected.

"Yeah, that's where I'll be going," Zan spoke up for the first time.

Liz looked up startled at her brother. "Since when?" she asked. That was news to her; she thought Zan wanted to go NYU.

Zan shrugged and avoided eye contact with his sister. The truth was Zan had missed so much school that he was going to struggle to get accepted to any good colleges. He had talked it over with his dad and he had suggested starting out at UNM and then transferring out the following semester.

Liz decided to let it go and talk to him about it later at home.

When the bell sounded everyone packed up their things and headed towards their next class. Max rushed to catch up with Liz. "Liz," he called out to her.

Liz slowed down and waited for him.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

"I have class, Max," she pointed out. "And so do you."

"After school," he said.

Liz hesitated before nodding. This rift between her and Max wasn't fair to their friends and family and she knew they needed to sort it out.

"I'll meet you by the jeep."

Max smiled. "See you then."
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, thank you so much for reading and leaving feedback for the last part. So glad you enjoyed it. I have another part for you, i'm trying to get them out to you a bit quicker and i'll continue to do my best. Anyway enjoy!

behrlyliz
Earth2Mama
VeronicB
BehrObsession
FSUMSW94
begonia9508
frenchkiss70
Ellie
Sweet Liz
elizasere
Maxssoulmate
RASaero611
POM
ShatteredDreamer
orphyfets
bluebballjumper
NorafanofMaxandLiz
cherie
aliensister
SmileeUk
su-lyn

Part 25

“I wasn’t sure if you would come,” Max smiled as Liz approached the jeep.

“I told you I would,” she said.

She hopped in the car and Max started it and headed out of the car park.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“I don’t know exactly, do you have any ideas?” Max replied.

“Well my parents are away and Zan won’t be home” she shrugged.

Max nodded and turned and headed towards their houses. Once at the Parkers, Liz led Max through the house and towards her room.

Liz sat on the bed and waited for Max to join her.

“So what did you want to talk about?” she asked feeling her nerves getting the best of her.

“I miss you, Liz. I hate how things are between us,” Max told her.

“Me too,” she agreed “But unless we’re willing to change I can’t see any way of fixing this.”

“What do you mean?” Max asked confused.

“Max,” Liz sighed. “I love you, you know I do, but hiding how I feel for you just became too hard. I can’t keep up with the lying”

“I know it was hard, I hate it too but wasn’t it worth it to be together?” he asked.

Liz had to look away so that Max couldn’t see the tears that were starting to form in her eyes. “That’s not fair,” she whispered. “I want to be with you so bad but not like this. I don’t want us to end up hating each other and if we continue like this that’s exactly what’s going to happen.”

“You think you’d hate me?” Max asked hurt.

Liz hated the look of hurt in his eyes that was there because of her. “All I know is that I don’t like who I’ve become,” she explained. “God, Max, the other day I slapped you,” she cried.

“You were upset,” Max tried to justify.

“Yeah I was, I was insanely jealous but that doesn’t excuse the fact that I hit you.”

“I’m sorry for that. But you have to know that there is nothing between Natalie and me. It’s you I want to be with, Liz.”

Liz nodded and wondered if it would be enough.

“Liz?”

“I think that maybe we should just take a step back,” she whispered.

“What?”

“Try to get our friendship back on track before we consider being anything more again,” she explained.

“Is that what you really want?” Max asked.

“It’s not what I want but it’s what I need,” Liz explained.

It hurt like hell to say the words to Max but as soon as she had she felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders.

Max hopped off the bed and walked towards the window. “So we see other people?” he asked.

Liz gulped. “If that’s what you want.”

Max turned and nodded. “You don’t even like me talking to other girls, how are you going to handle it if I start to date someone?”

“Are you planning on it?” Liz asked hurt.

“God, Liz, you’re breaking up with me, you don’t want me but you don’t want anyone else to have me either?” he snapped.

“That’s not it,” Liz cried. “God, I love you but our relationship is based on a lie, a lie that you want to continue living. Do you think this is easy for me?”

“I don’t know,” Max shook his head.

Liz wiped the tears from her eyes. “Please, Max, please understand,” she pleaded.

“I want to,” he whispered, “but God, Liz, I love you. I just want to be with you.”

“We can still be friends,” she tried to smile. “You’re not losing me, we’re just waiting.”

Max wiped at his own eyes. “I guess that will have to do for now.”

For the next month, Max and Liz tried their best to give each other space but at the same time they didn’t avoid each other.

Liz finally felt that she could sit with Max in class or at lunch and have a joke with him without being worried that she was giving him the wrong idea.

Max felt relieved that they had been able to move on from the awkwardness and could now be like they were before they had started dating. Liz was his best friend and he knew that he was always going to need her in his life, which is why he was walking over to see her with the pile of mail in his hands.

Liz smiled when Max knocked on her door. “Hey,” she said.

“Hey,” he replied sitting down in the computer chair.

“What you got there?” she asked when she saw the mail in his hands.

Max cleared his throat. “Um, letters from some of the universities I applied for.”

Liz’s eyes went wide. They had applied at mostly the same places but she hadn’t heard anything yet.

“Where from?”

“Um, Florida State, Yale and UCLA,” he told her.

Liz smiled; they were the three schools that she had decided not to go to. They didn’t have a strong science program like the other schools.

“Well did you open them?” she asked excited.

“No not yet,” he admitted.

“Well what are you waiting for?” she asked.

Max shrugged and then picked up the first letter and held it in his hand. It was for Yale and even though he had never admitted it to Liz, it was one of preferred schools. When they were dating he was willing to pass over Yale to go to school with Liz instead but now he was rethinking that scenario.

He tore open the envelope and pulled it out.

“Dear Mr. Evans, blah blah blah, we are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted…” He looked up at Liz then. “I got in!” he cried.

Liz squealed and jumped up to hug him. “Oh congratulations,” she cried.

“Thank you,” he grinned.

After that, he tore into the UCLA and FS envelopes to find he had also been accepted there as well. Liz suspected that he would also get acceptances from Princeton, Harvard, and NYU.

“You’ll be able to go wherever you like next year,” she smiled.

“Yeah it looks like it,” he agreed.

“Still going to do law?”

“Yeah,” he smiled. “It’s what I’ve always wanted to do.”

“What about you?” he asked.

“Well at first I thought I really wanted to do microbiology but now I’m leaning more towards teaching,” she admitted.

“Wow,” he smiled.

“Hey, sis,” Liz looked up surprised to find Zan at her door.

“Hey, bro,” she replied.

Since coming to Roswell Liz and Zan had grown a part a little. Zan was busy with his own life and Liz had been busy with Max but she realised at that moment how much she had missed him. She was surprised that he was home at all considering it was a Friday night and usually he had something on with one of his buddies or Tamara.

“What are you doing tonight?” he asked.

Liz shrugged. “Oh you know, I’ll probably go get a movie later.”

Zan nodded. “I’m sorry about you and Max,” he said. He had wanted to say something to her for the past month but his pride kept getting in the way. He had told them it was bad idea but they wouldn’t listen to him and in the end they had both got hurt.

Liz smiled and pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. Liz missed Max. Even though they were still good friends they didn’t do things together anymore. Liz didn’t know if Max was seeing anyone and she normally didn’t ask either.

“Thanks.”

“It must be hard with prom coming up,” he acknowledged.

Liz looked down at her quilt. The girls had all been talking about prom plans lately and Liz wished it was going to be like the last dance but she knew it wouldn’t. Max would be going with someone else and most likely she wouldn’t be going at all.

“Yeah,” she shrugged.

“Are you taking Tamara?” she asked.

Zan shrugged. “Not sure. I guess so.”

Liz smiled.

“Listen, you want to catch a movie with me tonight?” he asked.

“Really? Don’t you have plans?” she asked surprised.

“Nah, I told Tamara that I was hanging with my sis tonight,” he grinned.

“I’d love to,” she told him.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

Hey peoplz, thanks so much for your great feedback, glad that you're enjoying this and i would like to take this opportunity to point out this is the second update this week. Yay for me!! Anyway i hope you enjoy this part and you're in luck because i have another two and half parts of this written and will send them off to my wonderful beta tonight.

Cheers Guyz

aliensister
Massoulmate
begonia9508
Alien614
roswellian love
VeronicB - I think Zan is just taking his chance at experiencing life which his sickness prevented him from doing before
Ellie
Earth2Mama
Sweet Liz
Drogyn
orphyfets
FSUMSW94
RASaero611
ShatteredDreamer
mrsjbehr - Thanx I'm glad you noticed
Maxsgurl
POM
NorafanofMaxandLiz
cherie
behrlyliz
BehrObsession
dawnuk - aww poor Max. You're right the guy has some work to do at this stage to make things better with Liz, but this is Max we're talking about!!
confused fool

Part 26

Max looked around the quad and smiled when he noticed Liz sitting by herself with her books spread out. It was a surprising sight since they were in the middle of exams.

“Hey,” he greeted as he approached.

“Hi,” she smiled when she looked up.

“I’ve been looking for you,” he told her.

“Yeah?” she seemed surprised.

“Yeah, I was wanted to ask you if you got any acceptance letters yet?” It had been two weeks since he had received his and he knew Liz was anxious about hearing from Harvard.

“Nothing,” she frowned. “You?”

“No,” he shook his head.

Liz’s attention was drawn to the couple at the table next to her then, it was obvious that Craig Stevens had just asked Jessica Watson to prom and Liz was envious. She bit her bottom lip and looked at Max who was also watched on curiously.

“Prom,” she told him.

“Oh ok,” he said. “Are you going?” he wondered then. He hadn’t heard from anyone that she was going but he knew that Isabel and Serena already had their dresses. Max knew that it was an important event in every girl’s life, although he didn’t know what all the fuss was.

Liz shrugged. “Probably not.”

“Oh,” he frowned.

“It’s just that when I thought about prom this year I just always thought I’d be going with you,” she admitted with her head down so that he couldn’t see the sadness in her eyes.

Max’s mouth opened in surprise. He had thought and hoped the same thing a million times but now that they were just friends he assumed she would want to go with someone else. Maybe Troy.

“We could still go, if you want,” he suggested.

Liz looked up surprised. “Really?” she couldn’t believe that he wasn’t going with someone else, like Natalie.

Max smiled. “Yeah, I would much rather go with you then anyone else,” he told her.

“Thank you,” she breathed out as her eyes began to get lost in his.

Max smiled and shrugged. “You’re welcome. I’ll have to organise a tux now,” he chuckled. “Do you have a dress?”

Liz shook her head. “Only the one I wore for homecoming but I want something special for prom,” she admitted.

Max stood up. “Well let me know when you’ve picked a colour.”

Liz nodded and smiled. “Thanks, Max.”

“Don’t thank me, Liz,” he grinned. “Just have a good time,” he told her as he walked backwards. With a final wave he turned and began jogging back towards the main building. Liz watched him the entire way with a smile on her face.

Instead of asking the girls to go shopping with her Liz accepted an offer from her mum to take her. It was nice to spend some one on one time with her.

“So who’s the lucky young man?” Nancy asked as they drove towards the mall.

Liz fidgeted in her seat. “No one,” she sighed. “Max is taking me.”

It wasn’t a lie. The truth was that Liz didn’t have anyone special in her life like the others so the most special person in her life was taking her.

“Max again hey?” Nancy asked.

“Yeah,” Liz nodded. “I didn’t want to go to my senior prom with someone that would mean anything to me in a year,” she explained.

Nancy nodded. “You and Max are pretty close,” she commented.

Liz looked at her to gauge her reaction “Yeah we are. He’s my best friend,” Liz smiled.

“I noticed that you haven’t been spending that much time together lately. Dianne and I thought that you might have had a fight.”

“We did,” Liz replied. “Well more like a difference of opinion but we’ve worked through it and we’re friends again.”

“Friends?” Nancy questioned. “Is that really what you are?” she wondered.

Liz looked away quickly. “Yeah we’re just friends,” she informed her. “Would it be ok if we weren’t just friends?” she asked.

Nancy blew out a breath. “Wow, Liz, that’s a loaded question.”

“Hypothetically, if Max and I did have feelings for each other what would you think about that?” she asked.

“Honestly?” Nancy asked.

“Yeah of course,” Liz smiled as she waited with bated breath for her mothers answer.

“I’d find it weird, very weird if the two of you became a couple. I just don’t know if your father and I could accept it would be like you dating Zan.”

“Oh,” Liz frowned.

“But it doesn’t matter because its only hypothetical right?”

Liz plastered on a fake smile. “Right,” she said.

They pulled up at the mall then, and even though Liz was no longer enthusiastic about choosing a dress she did anyway. In the end she settled on a strapless red gown. It was three quarters and it had a combination of satin and sheer material covering it. She also got a pair of very high red heels to go with it.

Liz was on her way to the car park to head home for the day when she heard someone calling her name.

“Liz?”

She turned and to see who had called out to her and sighed when she realised it was Troy.

As he got closer to her Liz continued to walk towards the parking lot.

“Hey, what’s up?” she asked.

“I was looking for you,” he told her with a smile.

“Yeah? Well you found me,” she pointed out.

“I wanted to ask you something,” he said.

“Go for it,” Liz replied while she silently prayed that he wasn’t going to ask her out again.

“Well I was wondering if you would go to prom with me?” he asked.

“Oh,” Liz said.

“You don’t have a date yet do you?” he asked.

“Yeah, actually I do,” she replied. “Sorry,” she added.

“Oh,” he frowned. “Who are you going with?”

“Max,” she replied. There was no point in lying. She thought Troy was nice but he wasn’t her type and she really wished he would take a hint.

“I thought he was going with Natalie?” he asked.

Liz felt a stab in her heart at his words but she planted a small smile on her face and pretended that the words didn’t bother her. “No, we’re going together.”

“Oh ok. Well if you change your mind let me know, I probably won’t ask anyone else for a few days” he said.

“I won’t change my mind Troy, but thank you anyway,” Liz told him politely. There was not point giving him false hope, even if Max did back out there was no way she was going.

On the other side of the school Max made his way out of the locker-room. He had played basketball for PE and they had gone a little over time.

He didn’t notice Natalie who was leaning against a locker waiting for him.

“Hi, Max,” she smiled and fell into step beside him as he walked past.

“Oh hi,” he said surprised. “Were you waiting for me?” he asked.

“Yeah I was,” she nodded.

“Oh ok, what’s up?”

“Well I wanted to talk to you about prom” she said.

“What about it?” Max asked.

Natalie smiled. “You can pick me up at my place before hand, and my dress is red” she told him.

Max frowned and stopped mid step in the middle of the hallway. “But we’re not going to prom together,” he pointed out.

“Well we could be,” she replied as she stepped forward.

Max sighed. Natalie was a gorgeous girl but she really was too pushy for her own good. “I’ve already got a date,” he informed her.

“What? Who?” she hadn’t heard any gossip about someone asking Max and she was pretty sure she had caused a big enough rift between Max and Liz that he wouldn’t be taking her. Besides she hardly ever saw them together and she knew for a fact that Troy planned on asking her to Prom that afternoon as well.

Max frowned at the tone of her voice. “That’s not really any of your business,” he told her. “I’m flattered that you would want to go with me but, Natalie, I’m really not interested.”

“Why the hell not?” she asked furious.

Max took a step back, this was a side of Natalie that he hadn’t seen before, and he was grateful that she hadn’t sucked him in. He had to admit that since his break up with Liz he had contemplated asking her out a few times but then decided against it because he didn’t want to hurt Liz.

“You’re just not my type,” he shrugged before he turned and walked away from her.

As Liz pulled into her driveway she looked over and saw that Max pull the jeep in at the same time.

He saw her too and smiled and waved before he jumped out and jogged towards her.

“Hi,” he smiled.

“Hey,” she smiled back as he helped her out.

“How are you?” he asked. He hadn’t seen much of her because of exams.

“Good, you?” she asked.

“Great,” he smiled. “Did you get your dress yet?” he wondered.

Liz smiled “Yeah.” She was so relieved that he had brought it up because it meant that she didn’t. “It’s red,” she told him.

His smile brightened. “You look gorgeous in red,” he said.

Liz blushed. “Thank you.”

“Liz!”

Both Max and Liz turned when they heard her name. Nancy Parker was standing on porch as she tried to get their attention.

“Yeah?” Liz called back.

Nancy waved some pieces of paper then. “Hurry, sweetie, there’s mail for you,” she said happily.

Liz and Max took one look at each other and knew exactly what the mail was. Liz took of quickly and was halfway to the door when she turned back to Max. “Are you coming?” she asked him.

“Do you want me to?” he wondered.

Liz grinned. “Of course I do, come on silly,” she cried before she grabbed for his hand and ran towards the house.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone. I meant to update last night and completely forgot so sorry. On the other hand Happy Valentines Day everyone. Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the new readers, glad to have you on board. Enjoy!

Katan
begonia9508
Earth2Mama
Drogyn
Maxssoulmate
Ellie
FSU/MSW-94
VeronicB
Sweet Liz
behrlyliz
believer_evans
orphyfets
mrsjbehr
BehrObsession
bballchick_121
RASaero611
ShatteredDreamer
janesdilemma
Shaowlynxbehr
RoswellDreamer_bb10
SmileeUk
frenchkiss70
cherie

Part 27

Nancy, Zan, and Max waited with bated breath as Liz tore open the letter from Harvard.

Her squeal was indication enough that she had been accepted and they all quickly rushed to hug her.

“I got in,” she cried over and over again. “ I got in.”

She opened the other envelopes after that and found that she had been accepted everywhere that she applied for but none of that mattered to Liz now; she was going to be a Harvard student in 2006.

“Oh this calls for a celebration,” Nancy cried. “I’ve gotta go call your father,” she added.

“Congrats, sis,” Zan smiled.

Liz put the papers down then and hugged her brother. She immediately felt bad about her behaviour. She had been accepted everywhere while Zan was just hoping and praying to hear from UNM.

“Don’t,” he whispered. He knew exactly what she was thinking. “I’m so proud of you, don’t you know that? God, you deserve this so much,” he assured her.

“Thank you,” she whispered.

Liz hugged Max next and then her eyes lit up as she remembered. “You’ve probably got mail at home too,” she grinned.

“Probably,” he smiled. He was so very proud of her and he knew he should tell her but he didn’t want to ruin her moment.

“I’ll open them late,r” he assured her.

In the end, Jeff Parker rushed home after he heard the good news and he shouted both families to dinner.

Max had been accepted at Princeton and NYU but rejected by Harvard. “It’s ok,” he assured Liz who was bitterly disappointed that he didn’t get in.

Prom Night

The group got a limo and went to dinner beforehand but this time the boys had organised something a little special and instead of going to Chez Pierre they had arranged to have dinner at the Roswell Observatory.

“Wow,” the girls all cried when they saw the set tables.

“We wanted to do something special for you since this is our last school dance ever,” Alex informed them.

All of the couples hugged and kissed as Max and Liz stood awkwardly.

“Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?” Max whispered.

When she had walked down the stairs tonight he had been breathless. The dress was gorgeous and Max felt his knees go weak every time he looked at her. He had no idea how he was supposed to keep his hands off her and stick to the friends only routine tonight when all he wanted to do was to take her into his arms and kiss her breathless.

Liz blushed. “Only three or four times,” she said.

“Well you do,” he whispered.

Liz leaned up and wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in and placed a gently kiss on his lips. “Thank you,” she whispered. “For this, for taking me.”

“I didn’t want to share it with anyone but you,” he admitted.

“Me either,” she replied.

After eating the wonderful meal the guys had arranged, they all got back into the limo and headed for the country club where prom was being held.

The girls gasped when they entered the ballroom and saw how beautiful the decorations were. The theme this year had been simply love and the place was decked out with red, pink, and white balloons and there were love hearts and roses all over the walls and tables.

“You did a great job organising this, Isabel,” Liz told her.

“Thank you,” she blushed.

Isabel had been the head of the prom committee that year and she was very proud of her work and how well everything had come off.

They lined up for photos then and after all having a photo with their date they asked the photographer to take a group shot.

While the other girls dragged the guys immediately onto the dance floor Max and Liz sat down and took in the whole scene.

Liz caught sight of Troy on the dance floor with Pam Troy plastered all over him and snorted.

“So Troy and Pam?” Max commented obviously seeing the same thing Liz had.
Liz shrugged. “I have no idea but as long as she gets him off my back I’m happy.”

“Has he been hassling you?” Max asked concerned.

“No not really he just keeps asking me out, doesn’t want to take a hint that I’m not interested,” Liz told him.

Max nodded. “I know exactly what you mean,” he said. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Natalie talking to Tamara and Zan and saw them point to him and Liz.

“Would you like to dance?” he stood up and asked Liz.

Liz smiled and took his hand. “I’d love to.”

Max pulled Liz onto the dance floor and into his arms inwardly sighed. She felt so good pressed against him, he was in heaven. He knew he shouldn’t be holding her so close but she wasn’t complaining.

Liz smiled against Max’s chest and listened to the words playing out of the speakers. She felt Max tense when he heard the words too.

Oh, oh, whoa, whoa

I've kept it inside for the longest time
And I can't keep keeping in
All this love that's inside my heart
Maybe it's safer not to say that I care
Maybe this road won't lead me anywhere, but

Liz pulled back slowly, her heart beating fast as she raised her eyes to meet Max’s. Her hand moved up his chest until it rested over his heart, which was beating fast.

If I don't tell you now
(If I don't tell you now)
I may never get the chance again
(I may never get the chance again)
To tell you that I need you
Tell you what I'm felling
If I keep these feelings in
And if I don't say the words
(If I don't say the words)
How will you hear what's inside in my heart
How will you know that
If I don't tell you now, oh

Max cupped Liz’s cheek and caressed it gently. Her eyes were boring into his and he never wanted to look away.

I'd give anything to be in your dreams
and I can't stand standing by
with this dream that's inside my heart (my heart)
Maybe I'm only gonna make a mistake
and there's a chance maybe my heart will break, but

“Liz,” Max whispered. There was so much he wanted and needed to say but he was scared to ruin the fragile friendship they now had.

“I know,” she nodded, eyes full of tears.

If I don't tell you now
How will you hear what's inside my heart
How will you know that
If I don't tell you now

“We shouldn’t,” she choked out.

“I know but I can’t not touch you right now,” he whispered back.

(Ooh) how will you know you're inside my soul
Oh, it's driving me crazy
Cuz you don't see
(You don't see)
you're that world to me
I'm so afraid to say the way that I feel, but

Max began to lean in ever so slowly to give Liz the chance to pull away if she wanted too. At that second Max didn’t care who could see them he just couldn’t not kiss her or show her what she meant to him.

Liz waited with bated breath and when Max’s lips finally met with her own she immediately responded.

If I don't tell you now
How will you hear what's inside my heart
How will you know that
If I don't tell you now, oh, oh
If I don't tell you Now

If I don’t Teel You Now – Ronan Keating

With her arms wrapped around his neck, and Max’s around Liz’s waist Max and Liz got lost in each other completely oblivious to everyone that surrounded them.

“They look really happy,” Maria smiled as her, Michael, Serena and Kyle watched from their table.

“I thought they broke up?” Kyle said.

“They did but it’s obvious that they still love each other,” Serena replied.

“I just hope that it doesn’t turn out like it did last time,” Maria said.

“Yeah,” Serena agreed.

Max and Liz along with the rest of the group danced the night away. When the next fast song came on though Max left Liz with the other girls and went to the bathroom.

“Having a good time?” Michael asked his best friend as he walked up next to him at the stalls.

Max smiled. “Yeah, you?”

Michael nodded. “As much as you can when you’re wearing a penguin suit,” he told him as he pulled at the collar of his dress shirt, which caused Max to laugh. “You and Liz look cosy,” Michael pointed out then.

Max looked at his friend guilty.

“What?” Michael asked.

“I haven’t told her about Yale,” he admitted. Apart from his parents Max hadn’t confided to anyone other than Michel that he was going to choose Yale.

“She must realise since you didn’t get accepted to Harvard,” Michael pointed out.

“Still, I feel like I’m keeping things from her,” Max said.

“Then tell her,” Michael said like it was the simplest thing in the world.

“Not tonight, I don’t want to ruin it,” he said.

“The longer you leave it, the harder its going to get. It’s not like anything has changed, has it? You’re still not ready to tell your family and Liz doesn’t want to have a secret relationship,” Michael pointed out.

Max nodded, he knew that Michael was right.

“I’ll tell her later,” he said.

“Hey what are you two doing?” Liz asked as she skipped over to Max and Michael who were looking serious.

Max smiled. “Nothing,” he said.

“Well everyone, this is the last song of the night, thank you for attending West Roswell High 2005 Prom,” someone announced.

“I better go find Maria, she’ll kill me if I miss the last dance,” Michael said.

Liz and Max laughed and nodded.

“Dance?” Max asked Liz.

“Sure,” she grinned.

Girl you know we belong together
I have no time for you to be playing
With my heart like this
You’ll be mine forever baby, you just see

Liz smiled against Max’s chest and Max smiled against the top of Liz’s hair as she heard the first strains of the song.

We belong together
and you that I’m right
why do you play with my head?
Why do you play with my mind?

Said we’d be forever
said it’d never die
how could you love me and leave me
and never say good-bye?

Girl I can’t sleep at night without holding you tight
Girl, each time I try I just break down and cry
Pain in my head oh I’d rather be dead
Spinnin’ around and around

They both continued to sway to the music in perfect timing, there was no space between them and neither cared about anything as they danced to the song that spoke volumes about their relationship.

Although we’ve come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let you go
”It’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you” Max sung the words to Liz
Come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let you go
It’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

Liz pulled back at the sound of his sung words and smiled through her tears.

“I love you,” she mouthed.

Girl, I know you really love me,
You just don’t realize
You’ve never been there before
It’s only your first time

Maybe I’ll forgive you, hmm
Maybe you’ll try
We should be happy together
Forever, you and I

Girl, you love me again like you loved me before
This time I want you to love me much more
This time instead just come to my bed
And baby just don’t let me, don’t let me down

“I love you,” Max mouthed back.

Still I can’t let you go
Still I can’t let you go

Girl I’m here for you
All those times of night when you just hurt me
And just run out with that other fella
Baby I knew about it, I just didn’t care
You just don’t understand how much I love you do you?
I’m here for you

I’m not out to go out and cheat on you all night
Just like you did baby but that’s all right
Hey, I love you anyway
And I’m still gonna be here for you ’till my dying day baby
Right now, I’m just in so much pain baby
Coz you just won’t come back to me
Will you? just come back to me

(lonely)
Yes baby my heart is lonely
(lonely)
my heart hurts baby
(lonely)
Yes I feel pain too
Baby please

this time instead just come to my bed
And baby just don’t let me go

Still I can’t let you go
Still I can’t let you go

It took a few minutes when the song ended for Max and to Liz to step away from each other. It felt like things with them were really over now that the last strands of the song had ended.

“Will you come somewhere with me?” Max whispered.

Liz nodded against his chest. She would go to the end of the world with him and she suspected that she would always feel that way and that’s what made things so hard.

Reluctantly she stepped away and took Max’s hand. They went back to the table and picked up Liz’s bag then before they left the country club together.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, i love hearing from your guys, so thanx. I hope you enjoy this next part.

Part 28

Liz was surprised when Max took her hand and they began walking towards the park. She had expected him to whisk her away somewhere in the jeep until she remembered that the jeep was still at home.

It was quiet in the park and Max led them to the swings where Liz sat down and Max pushed her. There were no words between them and the more seconds that ticked by the uneasier Liz began to feel.

Eventually Max sat in the swing beside her and waited for her to slow down.

“What’s going on, Max?” she asked.

Max smiled at her. “I had a great time tonight, a really great time.”

Liz smiled. “Me too.”

“It was perfect because I was with you,” he continued.

“I feel the same way,” she nodded.

“But the thing is, as much as I want it to be like a new beginning for us I know it isn’t,” he said.

Liz nodded. “No it’s not,” she agreed. She hadn’t told Max about her mother’s answer to her hypothetical question, and at this point in their relationship it kind of seemed like a moot point.

“And not because of our parents or other people… “ Max said.

Liz frowned. “What do you mean?” she asked.

“I picked a college, Liz.”

“Oh,” Liz replied. She knew that this would come eventually. As much as she had wanted to avoid it since Max received his letter from Harvard, the truth had been staring at her in the face. Max wouldn't be coming to Cambridge with her in the fall.

“I’m going to Yale, Liz,” Max finally told her.

Liz did her best to smile. She knew that Yale was where Max had always really wanted to go and that he had only considered Harvard to be closer to her. Truthfully it wasn’t like New Haven was that far away from Cambridge, it was certainly closer than Roswell.

“That’s great. I know how much you wanted to go to Yale,” she said.

Max nodded. “You know I’m going to miss you right?”

Liz tried to chuckle but it came out as more of a sob. “I know, I’ll miss you too.”

“Come here,” Max whispered his own eyes brimming with tears. He held out his hand to Liz and she took it and allowed him to pull her into his lap.

“We’ll talk and email,” he promised.

“I know,” she nodded against his chest. But it just wasn’t going to be the same. She would be going to Cambridge alone while Max was in New Haven and the rest of her friends and family would be in Las Cruces.

“And we still have the summer,” she reminded him.

Max stiffened a little.

“Don’t we?” she asked.

“A bit,” he smiled. “You’ll have to go to Cambridge early and I’ll have to go to New Haven to get settled in.”

Liz nodded, she knew he was right, he was being practical while all she could think of was how she was going to survive with her heart in New Haven.

“Can I have tonight?” Liz asked then which surprised Max.

“What?”

“I want tonight with you,” she told him as she looked up into his eyes. “I don’t want to think I just want to feel,” she confessed.

Max was torn. He wanted nothing more than to be with Liz. It had been so long since he had been able to touch her freely but he didn’t know if he had the strength to let her go again.

“One night,” she pleaded. “Don’t think just feel”

Max nodded quickly before he leaned up and kissed her hard. “Where?” he asked then. He hadn’t made any after prom plans since they were just going as friends.

“The pool house?” she suggested. Max’s parents had a small pool house, which was set up as a room for guests. It rarely got used and Max knew his parents would most likely be dead to the world.

“Come on,” he said lifting her up and placing her back on the ground. He took her hand and headed back towards the Country Club so that he could call a cab to take them home.

Max was right. When they reached the house all the lights were out and it was easy for them to sneak around the back and into the pool house.

Liz looked around the small room. This was her first time inside it since it didn’t get used very often.

“It’s a bit dusty,” Max said apologetically.

“It’s fine,” Liz smiled.

All of a sudden Max was feeling nervous. “Are you sure about this?” he asked her.

Liz nodded. “I am, but if you’re not, that’s ok, Max.”

“No I’m sure,” he told her and walked towards her and took her hand. ‘I just don’t want you to regret it. I never want you to regret anything we do,” he added.

Liz smiled. “I could never regret anything I do with you, Max Evans. I love you.”

Max took another step towards her, cupped her face in his hands and leant in to kiss her. He caressed her lips with his own before he slid his tongue into her waiting mouth. Max’s hand sunk into the back of Liz’s hair and he arched her mouth so that he could gain better access to the recesses of her mouth where he intended to explore.

When he pulled back, panting he rested his forehead against Liz’s. “You are so beautiful,” he whispered.

Liz’s small hands clutched Max’s dress shirt in her hands. “So are you,” she whispered huskily.

Max leaned in and kissed her again as he began to walk them backwards to the double bed in the room. When Liz felt her back of her legs hit the mattress she sunk down on it with Max’s help.

Max stared at her ravished lips as she lay on the bed. He pulled a leg up and removed the high-heeled sandal and then the other.

He ran his hands up Liz’s calves and then further up her thighs to his hands grazed the lace material at the end of her pull up stockings and then one by one he pulled them down her legs too.

“Sit up,” he requested then and Liz did as she was asked.

It took Max a few minutes to locate the zipper in the side of her dress and once he did he slowly undid it but before he could pull it off, Liz shook her head. “Uh uh” she teased. “Lose the shirt first, buster.”

Max grinned but did as he was told. He slowly undid the buttons on his dress shirt and untucked it before he threw it on the floor with Liz’s stockings.

Liz’s eyes roamed his ripped body and she licked her lips in approval, which caused Max to groan.

“Liz.”

“You are so sexy,” she whispered huskily.

Max leaned down and pulled Liz to her feet where he pulled the gorgeous red prom dress off Liz’s body. “So are you,” he murmured as she stared at her almost naked body. The only thing she was wearing now was a small red thong.

Liz’s small hands moved to Max’s dress pants zip and button and with all the confidence she felt she quickly undid them and pushed them down Max’s hips.

Max kicked off his shoes and socks before he stepped out of the pants. He then picked up Liz and carried her the two steps to the bed and pressed her into the mattress with his own body.

Their mouths came together as they bodies entangled. Hands glided over each other bodies until neither could stand it a second longer.

Max pulled back onto his knees and hooked his fingers into the sides of Liz’s panties and pulled them down her legs. Liz then helped him to kick of his boxers before she pulled him back down on top of her.

He cupped a breast in his hand and rolled the nipple between his fingers before he leant down and took one into his mouth.

“Max?” Liz cried out.

While his mouth worked her soft mounds his hand moved between her legs and stroked her outer lips before it dipped inside of her. He pumped a finger in and out of her until he was positive Liz was ready for him.

When Max pulled back to reach for his wallet to get a condom Liz’s small hand enclosed around his hard cock. She stroked him tentatively until she watched Max throw his head back and groan.

“Just let me get…” he panted.

“No,” Liz objected as she began to lead him back to her. “I’m on the pill remember? And tonight I want to feel just you,” she whispered.

The head of Max’s cock brushed Liz’s opening and her juices leaked out. “God, Liz,” he groaned.

“Make love to me, Max,” Liz begged.

Max grasped his cock in his hand and led it to Liz’s opening. He slid in slowly aware that this was only their second time.

“God, Max,” Liz moaned once he was buried to the hilt.

“You feel so good,” Max whispered as he kissed her face and neck.

“You too,” she murmured in his ear as she sucked his ear lobe into her mouth.

Liz wrapped her legs around Max’s waist and Max pulled completely out before he thrust back inside of her.

Liz arched into every thrust as she moaned his name over and over again.

“God I love you, Liz,” Max whispered as he felt his release get closer.

“Me too,” she cried. “Oh God, Max, yes I’m coming, yes” she cried out.

“Ah,………….LIZ,” Max cried out as he surged into her once last time and buried his seed deep inside of her.

Liz’s walls contracted around his at the same time. “MAX!” she cried as she came around him.

Max collapsed against her body exhausted and feeling a sense of completeness that he hadn’t felt in weeks.

When he could manage it he rolled off Liz but took her with him so that she was lying on his chest and covered them with a sheet.

Liz smiled as he curled her body around his. Things might not have been perfect between them right now but somehow she couldn’t stop believing that somehow everything would work out for them down the track. Because Liz knew that she loved Max Evans and that he loved her, and just maybe that would be enough.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hello everyone, thank you so much for you lovely feedback, and i would like to welcome the new readers. I want to say a big thank you to my wonderful beta Holly who i've been keeping very busy with parts.

Anyway, i enjoyed your comment and i have to ask, Am i that predictable lol? Thanks guys, i hope you enjoy the next part, since i'm posting this tonight (i fogot last night) I'll post another part Friday Night

Part 29

It was a quiet and uneventful summer for the teens that spent most of it together. Zan heard from UNM and the whole family was ecstatic when they found out he had been accepted. It might not have been Zan’s first choice but he was over the moon.

In the end the rest of the group had all decided to go to UNM as well. Alex had been accepted at some of the top universities to study computers but decided to stay with Isabel who wasn’t too keen on the idea of moving too far from home.

So the Parkers and Evans’s decided to buy an apartment for their children to live in instead of them living on campus. It had been the cause of many arguments because no would agree on what was actually needed. Isabel wanted Alex to live with them and Serena complained that if Alex was going to be living with them then, why couldn’t Kyle? Meanwhile Zan wasn’t sure he liked the idea of living with two girls alone. Serena and Isabel were much higher maintenance then his sister and Zan didn’t think he could handle it.

In the end it was agreed that Michael would take the fourth room in the small townhouse they found close by to the campus to even out the female to male ratio and that Alex, Kyle and Maria would stay on campus like planned.

Not everyone was happy but it was better than when it first started.

The whole thing was bittersweet for Liz. While she was looking forward to Harvard she was sad to leave behind her family and move to a city where she knew no one.

It was one afternoon a few weeks before Max and Liz were due to leave when a stranger from the past knocked on the Evan’s door.

Dianne Evans smiled politely when she answered the door, she didn’t recognise the person on the other side; woman a few years older than she was.

“Hello, can I help you?” Dianne asked.

“I’m sorry to bother you,” the woman replied. “My name is Lois Henderson. You don’t know me, but I was wondering if it was possible to arrange a time to meet with you, your husband and the Parkers,” she said.

Dianne looked at the woman surprised. “May I ask why?” Her first instinct was that one of the kids must have done something.

Dianne watched as the women fidgeted with her bag nervously on her shoulder. “Mrs. Evans, I was the midwife present at the birth of your children.”

Dianne gasped.

“I know I have no right to be here but I thought I might be able to answer some questions you have.”

“About what?” Dianne asked suspicious.

“The mix up,” she replied.

“How do you…?”

“The hospital contacted me,” she admitted. “They’re conducting an investigation of what happened.”

“Do you know what happened?” Dianne asked.

Lois nodded.

“Alright, come back tonight at six. I’ll make sure that everyone is here and that the kids aren’t.”

“Thank you,” Lois smiled kindly.

That night the two couples sat nervously as they waited for Lois to tell them what she knew. None of them knew what to expect when she opened her mouth, but her words were a bigger shock than they could have expected.

“The night you both gave birth was probably the worst night of my life,” Lois began to explain her eyes unable to meet theirs. “I was on call but I knew that I didn’t have any patients that were due so I had a few drinks,” she continued.

Lois looked up then. “You should know that I never kept quiet to hurt you, I did it because I was a coward. I was afraid if I told them, they would question me and realise that I was drinking. But I also couldn’t bare the thought of disappointing you by taking something away that I knew you both wanted.”

“What do you mean?” Dianne asked in confusion.

“When I got called in, it was to assist in Nancy’s c-section,” she began. “The hospital was in a shambles because there had been a bus crash and most of the serious cases needed surgery. There wasn’t even an operating room available so we made do with what we had. I had to assist because most of the surgical nursers were in surgery too. So it was just me and the attending doctor, and then they rushed you in to Dianne.

“One of the younger nursers stayed with you and Phillip until you were ready to give birth. When the girls were born, Nancy, we didn’t even have time to do more than cut their umbilical chords because as you know there were complications and the doctor had to attend to you straight away. I placed the girls down in the cribs and then rushed off just in time for Dianne’s boys to be born. I was on my own so when your first son was born without thinking I just placed him down in one of the cribs.”

“That doesn’t explain why you didn’t fix it when you were finished,” Nancy spoke up tears in her eyes.

“Believe me, I meant to, but I turned my back and before I knew it the nurse that was with you earlier had come back in and was showing Phillip in, and then I hear, ‘Congratulations, Mr. Evans, you have a beautiful son and daughter.”

“You should have said something then!” Dianne stood up and cried.

“I was about to and then Jeff also came in demanding to see his wife and babies. The doctor pulled him aside and told him that there had been some complications and that he didn’t believe Nancy would be able to have more children. I watched as he went to the crib then and looked at the babies, and then he smiled and said, ‘A boy and a girl, just what Nance wanted.’”

Dianne and Nancy were both crying as Lois retold her story. They both wanted to be angry with her for what she did to them but at the same time they knew they had her to thank for the wonderful years they had with their son and daughter that they never would have gotten nor would they give back for anything.

“I backed away after that. I just couldn’t do it. You all looked so happy and it wasn’t until the next day when I realised how stupid I had been that I fully understood. I know saying sorry will never give you the time I took away from with your biological children but you looked so happy…”

The room fell silent then until Phillip finally spoke up surprising them all. “Thank you for coming to us now.”

Lois looked up in surprise. “It’s the least I could do. In a way it’s a relief to have if off my conscience. Seventeen years is a long time.”

Phillip nodded and watched as Lois stood up. “Thank you for hearing me out, for seeing me,” she said. “I should go now though, but here’s my number if you want to ask me anything else.”

Phillip, Dianne, Nancy, and Jeff watched as she headed to the front door. “For what its worth I’m so very sorry,” she cried before she finally turned and left the house.

Once Lois was gone the couples sat in shock as they took in the information she had given them. They all had wondered on many occasions what had happened the fateful night that they’re twins were born but never in any of their wildest dreams had they expected to find out that although it was an accident someone had known about for the past 17 years and done nothing to stop it.

“It’s all my fault,” Jeff Parker spoke up.

“What?” Nancy asked confused.

Phillip and Dianne were also waiting for his answer as they wondered why he would think that.

“If I hadn’t gotten all emotional when I found out that Nancy couldn’t have more children then she would have told us the truth,” he told them.

“Maybe so, Jeff,” Phillip spoke up. “But we don’t really know that, only Lois knows why she chose to keep it a secret.”

“I hate her and I’m thankful to her all at the same time, is that stupid?” Nancy asked.

As much as Nancy despised Lois for what she had done she was also thankful, because of Lois, Nancy had a son who she would forever be grateful for. Nancy would never give back her seventeen years with her son.

“I know exactly how you feel,” Dianne replied.

“What do we do?” Jeff asked.

“I think the best thing would be to contact the hospital and inform them what she told us. Hopefully she has already disclosed the information to them, I think we should let them deal with it.”

“We should sue them,” Dianne spoke up.

When they had thought it was a mistake neither family planned on suing the hospital but in the cold light of day they knew now that they should and would certainly win.

“We could put whatever money we win away for the kids,” Nancy pointed out.

Phillip nodded. “I think that’s a very good idea, Neither of us are struggling for money and we have the kids college funds puts aside but it would be a nice little nest egg for them for after college.”

“I agree,” Jeff said.

“Ok I’ll get started with the complaint,” Phillip nodded.

“Ok,” they all agreed.

“What do we tell the kids?” Phillip asked then.

Obviously they would need to be told something about investigation and Lois’s confession.

“The truth I guess,” Jeff offered.

“Yeah I agree, there is no point keeping the truth from them. I think they’ve come to terms with the mix up and they all seem to have accepted it,” Dianne said.

Nancy sighed and nodded. She thought it was great that the kids had dealt with the situation as well as they had. But she also saw things that the others didn’t want to acknowledge. Neither Zan nor Serena spent any type of quality time with their biological families, without the other family members being present.

On the other hand Liz and Serena had grown extremely close while Max and Zan had formed a bond too. Nancy just wished that she had the same luck with Serena too.

“I think we still need to tread carefully,” Nancy pointed out. “We don’t want the kids to think for one minute that we wouldn’t have been happy with whatever we got.”

They all agreed and decided that they would have a family BBQ on the weekend and tell all the kids then.