Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

DMartinez wrote:I just read one of thsoe but it was kind of demented.
I know, it's a weird couple but for some reason, that's why I like them.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

That is a really weird pairing. I could see Jayne and Kaylee together before River and Jayne. But if you say it's good then I believe you. :lol:

So write it, write it!

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

I see Jayne thinking of Kaylee as more of a sister then anything but that's just me.

Here's a link to a bunch of Rayne fics.

http://community.livejournal.com/tea_dumplins/4561.html

If you like very dark angsty fics, I recommend:
http://mik109.livejournal.com/3980.html

Drifter Love

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Nah, not as a sister. That would be more Mal and Kaylee. Rememer the scene in Serenity where Kaylee's talking about carrying a torch for Simon then goes on about her sex life?(or lack thereof. :wink: ) Jayne didn't react like a brother, Mal definitely did. :lol: Both reactions were funny though.

And Jayne always struck me as jealous of Kaylee's infatuation with Simon. Thanks for the links. And let me know when you post your crossover. :)

-Ellie

Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Ellie wrote: And Jayne always struck me as jealous of Kaylee's infatuation with Simon.
I never really saw it that way until you just said it, but it sorta makes sense.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

I didn't see it as he being jealous, just annoyed.

True, Jayne didn't act like much like a brother in that scene from Serenity but there is one in the episode Bushwacked when they are play ball and Kaylee tells Simon to play with them because they are one man short and Jayne says that Little Kaylee is always one man short? That sounded kind of brotherly to me. THat and the Gyno comment in the pilot.

But of course I might just be seeing something that most others don't. I just like Simon and Kaylee and can't picture her with no one else.

Drifter Love

Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

LittleBit wrote: But of course I might just be seeing something that most others don't. I just like Simon and Kaylee and can't picture her with no one else.
Ditto. I am a huge Simon/Kaylee fan. But I also agree with Ellie that Jayne liked Kaylee. I always thought that there was a little crush on his part for her. The scene that just sticks on in my head on this is after Kaylee gets shot in the pilot, and Simon is working on her in the infirmery. There is just this little snippet where Jayne is sitting on the stairs outside gripping the railing, waiting anxiously to see if she will live. Just the look on his face....

So yeah... I think he might have had a little crush.

Annie:)
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Anniepoo98 wrote:The scene that just sticks on in my head on this is after Kaylee gets shot in the pilot, and Simon is working on her in the infirmery. There is just this little snippet where Jayne is sitting on the stairs outside gripping the railing, waiting anxiously to see if she will live. Just the look on his face....
I love that scene! And I agree, I can't see Kaylee with anyone but Simon, but I can see her and Jayne together before I could picture him with River. But that's just me. Maybe after reading those Rayne fics I'll see it
differently. :wink:

-Ellie

WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

I love Rayne fics. I never saw them that way in the series or the film but they make sense as a couple when you read the fics.
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

I agree. I read several in one sitting and they were really good. The smut still kinda squicks me unless I'm prepared for it. But all in all I liked them a lot. Thanks for sharing those links, if you have more then pm them my way. :D

-Ellie