Bedtime Story (A/I Teen) 1/1 {Complete} 10/26/05

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Bedtime Story (A/I Teen) 1/1 {Complete} 10/26/05

Post by KarenEvans »

Title-Bedtime Story

Author-KarenEvans

Rating-Teen

Disclaimer-I do not own the characters (if I did Alex wouldn't be dead) or anything else about the show so please don't sue me.I'm not making any money out of this.

A/N-This is my first attempt ever at writing anything,so please be gentle with your comments.I want to thank Trude aka Sternbetrachter for encouraging me to go ahead with this idea-you're a gem *hugs*
So without much further ado..

“Mommy, tell us the story of Daddy and you before we sleep”, begged the little girl, her eyes pleading and her mouth forming a perfect pout, very much like her mother’s.
“Alexis, you’ve heard that story a hundred times before…it is time for you to sleep.” replied her mother, not falling for the look on her daughter’s face
“Please Mommy!” piped up another little voice from across the room “we haven’t heard it in a long time…Daddy tell her to tell us the story.”

The children’s father had come over from their master bedroom to see what had been keeping his wife, he’d been away for a few days and now he wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around her and fall asleep. He smiled at his son, “Oh tell them Izzy, if that’s the only way they’re going to sleep tonight. I don’t want to be disturbed later.” He winked at her and she blushed lightly, “What is this…gang up on Mommy time?” said Isabel in mock annoyance “all very well for you to say that sweetie, you aren’t the one who has to repeat the same old story over and over again.”

“But we love to hear it every time…don’t we kids.” The children nodded their heads in agreement. Alex walked over to his son’s bed and sat down smiling, he knew Isabel had no choice now. Isaac scrambled into his father’s lap and a moment later Alexis joined him there. They liked nothing better than to have both their parents with them just before they turned in for the night.
“Fine…if you all insist.” Isabel settled down on her daughter’s bed and cleared her throat…”The story of how Daddy and Mommy fell in love”

The bell at the entrance of the Crashdown café tinkled, announcing the arrival of yet another customer, this time it was a tall, brown haired young man, with a guitar in his hand. He’d just finished jamming with his old high school band buddies. While waiting for the orange soda he’d ordered, he settled down on his favourite stool at the counter, letting his mind wander back to the past…He’d been looking forward to Christmas break, his junior year of college had turned out to be a killer, one endless cycle of work, assignments, exams and more work.
The only bright spark had been the weekly calls from the girl he had loved for so long. They’d been friends for 5-6 years. In fact he’d become her best friend. She’d shared every secret of hers with him and he in turn had bared his heart to her. They’d fought, said hurtful things to each other, especially she to him, given each other the silent treatment and ultimately made up on all those occasions. For a short while they were even a couple, in their final year of high school…

“After your junior prom, right Mommy?” Alexis interrupted
“That’s right, Baby.” Isabel smiled at the sight of her twins sitting on her husband’s lap before continuing

…But she ran again, like the fool that she was, ran from the love she’d started feeling for her best friend. It frightened her, the enormity of what she was feeling, she had never been one to let her feelings consume her. With it came problems or so she thought at that time.
He never held it against her, sure he was angry and bitter for a while but in his heart he knew she’d return to him, she always did. After graduation, they went to different colleges, she in California and he in Boston but they kept in touch via letters, e-mails, and phone calls. That’s the way it had been for three years until the night before.

She’d heard a rumour, from his childhood best friends, Liz and Maria, that he had a girlfriend. He hadn’t mentioned anything to her. For a while she pretended like it didn’t bother her, but every time she thought of him with someone else the green eyed monster reared it’s ugly head.
She told herself she no right to be jealous or possessive, after all she had pushed him away. Yet, in the end her heart had prevailed and she was going back home to get her love back. They both arrived back in their hometown of Roswell, New Mexico on the same night.

He was unpacking when he heard a knock on his window and a head popped in followed by a body. They hadn’t seen each other in nearly a year, so for a moment they both just stood apart to take in the changes in each other’s appearance. Her blonde hair was shorter, cut in layers framing her face and he’d graduated from lanky framed to what you’d call a lean muscular physique.
Finally she stepped forward to hug him, “I’ve missed you so much!” was whispered into his ear. He pulled away just enough to look at her, searching her face, hoping that she’d finally come to her senses, “I missed you too!” he replied, holding his breath, his arms still wrapped around her. She hesitated only for a second before kissing him.

He snapped out of his reverie, and looked at his watch, she was five minutes late. Earlier that day he’d dropped an envelope for her in the Evans’ mailbox. Inside was an invitation-

Long hot days and starry nights,
I guess you’ve had your fill of California sights.
But I promise you a landscape drenched in silver moonlight,
Together we can create our own magic tonight.

Meet me at the Crashdown at 7.00pm

She entered the restaurant looking for him, their eyes met across the café and both smiled. He got up, waved goodbye to his friends Maria and Liz and walked out to his car with her. Before starting on their way he blindfolded her despite her protests, “You won’t get the full benefit of the surprise unless you are blindfolded.” he explained all the while chuckling to himself.
He drove to the woods, stopped the car and took a basket out from the back seat and guided her to the clearing. Quickly he unfolded the blankets and arranged them on the ground along with two pillows. The lights which he’d set up in the trees earlier that day with the help of her brother were already lit. He set the portable CD player to Shania Twain’s “I won’t leave you lonely” and opened the blindfold.

Together – midnight in summer
The air’s so much warmer

“You did this for me?” She questioned, her eyes wide with amazement and adoration
“Only the best for you Princess” he answered softly while pulling her into his arms, where both of them swayed to the music

Falling in love under starlight
Holding on so tight together

There were tears in her eyes, “I don’t deserve you.”
“The feeling’s mutual” he replied in jest before cupping her face gently in his hands, his face taking on a serious expression, “I love you…you know this. I don’t want to lose you again…my heart couldn’t take it.”
The blood was rushing through her veins, her heart was beating wildly in her chest, she wasn’t sure if she could speak, “You have me now…now and forever.”

I won’t leave you lonely tonight
I want you to hold me all night
It’s gonna be alright
I wont’ leave you lonely tonight

He asked her to be his wife that night and she agreed instantly. They spent the night in the woods looking up at the stars and marveling at their beauty, “They have to be beautiful, after all they sent you here for me.” He gently placed his lips on her and kissed her with all the pent up love and passion he’d felt for years.

One year later, they got married; it was a small ceremony attended by their parents, six of their close friends along with their friend’s parents. They exchanged vows they themselves had written-

She spoke softly in a voice laced with emotion “Before I met you all I had ever wanted was to find someone who would love me for me. When you came into my life, I failed to see what was staring me in the face for so long…luckily for me you were so thick skinned you stuck around waiting for me until I had come to my senses and saw what had been right in front of me all along- my best friend, my soul mate, my lover- all in one, I’ll love you with every fibre of my being, everyday for the rest of my life.”

He was so touched he could barely get his words out- “You’re my everything…the reason I get up every morning. Without you Princess, my life would be mundane. You’ve brought adventure, joy, light and the occasional tear into my life.” He paused when he heard the soft laughter coming from the direction of his friends “I wouldn’t have it any other way. I will always protect you and our children, if and when we have any. This is a promise I make to you before God.”

There wasn’t a dry eye in the chapel, even your unlces Michael and Kyle had tears in their eyes. Isabel got up from the bed and walked over to her husband putting her arm around his shoulders.
Alex kissed his children’s heads all the while not taking his eyes off his wife, they held much promise for the night to come, “Your Mommy gave me the best wedding present that night.”
“What was that Daddy?” asked Alexis sleepily
“She told me that the two of you were growing inside of her.”

Alex tucked them into bed and went to his room where Isabel was waiting for him, “You do realize that every time you tell them that story it becomes longer” he joked. “Are you complaining?…I thought you liked hearing me talk about you.” she teased as she pulled him out onto their bedroom balcony so that they could sit on the swing he’d installed there a year ago from where they could enjoy the night sky.
“Oh I love to hear you talk about me honey…it’s always a big turn on.” Alex nuzzled her neck knowing that she’d be putty in his hands, Isabel settled herself on his lap enjoying the attention his mouth was giving her, “These one week trips have to stop Alex…I miss my husband too much.”

“Your wish is my command” was the husky reply
“Alex will you be serious for one second ” She gently pulled his head away from her neck “ the children and I miss you too much.”
“And I was dead serious when I said that your wish is my command” seeing her expression he continued “I’ve been working on floating my own programming company, be my own boss. That’s why I was gone all week, as of today I answer to no one but me.” He beamed at her
“Oh sweetie I’m so proud of you” she kissed him and then swatted him across his head
“Ouch!…what the heck was that for?” he rubbed his head “you sure know how to kill the mood honey.”

“You’re such a sneak, we live in the same house, share a bed and you managed to hide all this from me.” He thought he was definitely going to get a lecture but she surprised him by saying “I think I’ll have to reward you for your secrecy.” Her eyes twinkled in amusement, he loved it when she teased him.
“What say you to us starting on a little project of our own in the bedroom.” Without waiting for her answer he swooped her up into his arms and carried her back into the bedroom and placed her on the bed.

“You mean you actually want more little human-alien hybrids running around here…are you crazy? We don’t even know what powers those two have as yet.” She waved in the direction of their children’s room
“That’s what makes life with you so much more exciting Princess.” He silenced her once and for all with a searing kiss.

THE END
Last edited by KarenEvans on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.