Pretty Woman (AU, M/L, teen) 1/1 1/6/06

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Erina
Forum Moderator

Pretty Woman (AU, M/L, teen) 1/1 1/6/06

Post by Erina »

<center>Image</center>
Title: Pretty Woman

Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended. The song are not also mine.

Pairings/Couples/Category: M/L

Rating: Teen

Summary: Based on the song 'Pretty woman' by Roy Orbison.

Author's Note: Thanks to my wonderful beta Heavenli24.

<center>Pretty Woman</center>

Max sighed as he walked out onto the busy street. Cars were driving past, making terrible noise to his ears. He had lived in the big city for five years, but he still wasn’t used to the noises, people, and high-rise buildings... Standing on the sidewalk, Max Evans couldn’t help but think that living in quiet and small Roswell, the capital of aliens, had its advantages.

But Max had wanted this. As many little city’s boys and girls, Max had longed to spirt out, to see another cities and countries. To live in full force somewhere no one knew him.

Somehow he had managed to do that all. While he was still in the college, enjoying parties and dorm’s life, one of the best lawyers firms had offered a good job, which he eagerly accepted. Now, at age twenty-four, Max had a great job.

In the end, Max didn’t enjoy travelling so much as in the beginning. He was one of the most desirable bachelors in the city, but still he was lonely. He had dated, even had some girlfriends, but he couldn’t find the one in his life.

Max inwardly laughed. There were so many people on the streets; his soulmate probably was walking, probably not so far away...

Speak of the devil...

Max’s eyes turned to the pretty brunette, walking down the street towards him. Long, brown hair framed her face, but not her eyes. Her eyes...Everything went into slow motion as he looked into her eyes. He felt something inside coming alive, probably his lonely heart, which started to beat louder and quicker.

Pretty woman, walkin' down the street, pretty woman

She wore a mid-length dress with bare shoulders and a silk scarf around her slim neck. The sun was shining brightly and her hair was glistening. She was his dream girl.

The kind I like to meet, pretty woman

Max was literally speechless. Where she had come from? Where she was going to? Maybe to him? No, no…his eyes were kidding him; this probably was the effect on his brain due to the hot summer day. He couldn’t finally find her, could he?

I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you.

But maybe...She looked too good to be true. His soulmate, his everything. Wow!!! She looked at him and Max couldn’t breathe. Was she really looking at him? Although Max knew he was a good looking guy, he couldn’t help but look around. Maybe she was looking at someone else? Max was already planning what to do to turn her attention to him, but he didn’t see another guy.

Mercy!

Surprisingly, the sidewalk had become empty and there he was, standing and helplessly staring at the dream in front of him. If before Max had felt nervous and insecure, then now he became more self-assured. He took a couple of steps forward and spoke to her.

‘Pretty woman, won’t you pardon me?’ Max started but was surprised when his pretty woman started to walk past him, without really noticing him.

Pretty woman

Max had just one single thought in his mind, he wouldn’t give up easily now that he had met her. He started to go with her, step by step, side by side, but his pretty woman would act like she didn’t see him.

‘I couldn't help but see, pretty woman, that you look lovely as can be,’ Max whispered, close to her ear, but she seemed unaffected.

There had to be something to melt her ice! Max put his best smile on face and asked her once more.

‘Are you lonely just like me?’

When her eyes connected with his, Max saw the perfect moment to take his chance. Just a little more and Max would have her attention....

‘Wow!’ he growled.

But Max immediately regretted his forward and bold behaviour, when she started to walk faster from him.

‘Pretty woman, stop for awhile,’he pleaded.

She didn’t stop.

‘Pretty woman, talk for awhile,’Max prayed.

She started to walk faster.

‘Pretty woman, give your smile to me,’ he pleaded once more.

The woman was already a couple of steps ahead him and Max started to lose his hope.

‘Pretty woman,’ Max called after her.

Max saw as she slowed down a little bit and hope reborn in his heart. Just a little more, a little more....

‘Pretty woman, look my way,’ he said louder.

‘YES!’ Max inwardly shouted as she looked at him. Her eyes...He almost forgot to speak once more, but when Max saw clouds of doubt in her eyes, his strength was gathered again....

‘Pretty woman, say you'll stay with me,’ Max asked and once again started to worry if he had crossed the line.

‘ 'Cause I need you, I'll treat you right,’ he promised to her.

When she didn’t turn around and walked away, Max decided to continue. Just a little more....

‘Come with me baby, be mine tonight,’ he suggested and watched, as her eyes grew wide.

Max heart broke, when she swiftly turned around and started to walk away. Away from him.

‘Pretty woman, don't walk on by,’ Max started to plead once again.

‘Pretty woman, don't make me cry,’ he opened his heart to her, without doubts.

‘Pretty woman, don't walk away,’ Max said to her retreating figure.

When she didn’t turn around to face him, Max shoulders slumped. He had lost her, although he had never even had her. That was it. Max had seen her and now he would spend the rest of his life dreaming about her.

Hey, okay

At least he had tried.

‘If that's the way it must be,’ Max said more to himself, ‘okay.’

He looked at the empty street. How much time had passed? Seconds, minutes? Hours? Eternity?

‘I guess I'll go on home. It's late,’ Max thought as he watched her go away.

Maybe, just maybe, he would see her again tomorrow? Would she be here tomorrow?

‘There'll be tomorrow night,’ he thought in hope to see her once again.

Max prepared himself for a long and lonely evening in his large and cold house without her.

‘But wait!’ Max thought again that he was dreaming.

Could it be true?

‘What do I see?’ he asked himself.

‘Is she walking back to me?’ was that some miracle?

Max flashed a shy smile to his pretty woman and amazed watched as she returned his smile. Yep, his dream was coming true!

‘Yeah, she's walking back to me,’ Max was on cloud nine

Max watched as she came close to him and smiled even more. He had found her, Max was sure of it and this time he wouldn’t let her go.

Oh, oh, pretty woman

Her eyes met his and Max was once again lost inside them.

‘Max, Max,’ he heard her say and grinned at her, ‘for a moment you were somewhere else,’ she smiled and hugged him, ‘the look on your face,’ she laughed, ‘did you really think I would simply walk by?” she asked.

“Shall we go home, Mr. Evans?’ she suggested.

“Always, Mrs. Evans,” Max replied as he took his wife’s hand and lead them to their house.

<center>Pretty Woman</center>

Song by Roy Orbison
Last edited by Erina on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.