Like Father, Like Daughter (AU M/L Mature) AN 08/09[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Like Father, Like Daughter (AU M/L Mature) AN 08/09[WIP]

Post by Poison Ivy »

Title: Like Father, Like Daugther

Author: Poison Ivy

Category: AU, without Aliens Max/Liz and some romance between daughter Inez and her love interest

Rating: Mature

Disclaimer: Roswell or the charachters do not belong to me. I don't own them. The only thing I own is Max's lovely daughter Inez.

Summary: The relationship between between Max Evans and his daughter Inez hasn't been like a normal father-daughter relationhip should be. One event in the past has changed them forever. How will they react when a woman by the name of Liz Parker comes in the picture?

Author's Note: My first direction for this story was a total other way that it is now! I changed the summary, because otherwise I wouldn't match with the story (I think)! But I absolutely adored writing it, at least the chapters I've already wrote. I hope much you like them as much!

I want to thank madroswellfan for her wonderful work as my beta! Mel, you have no idea how big of a encouragement you are! And I've earned a friend in the way!

This is only my second story, so feedback would be nice.

Lovely banner by Lin4U

Chapter 1

15-year-old Inez Evans came back from school with her best friend Paige. Her dad wouldn’t be home until 9-10 P.M. He always worked long hours at the office. But she was used to it.

It was just a typical day, where Inez would come home from school, do her homework, eat alone, a meal that was prepared by the cook, and watch TV or use the computer for the rest of the evening. Sometimes she would take a friend home, like today, to do their homework together and talk about boys and other things teenage girls do.

But lately Inez got sick of it. Sometimes he would come home early like at 6 P.M. or something but then, it was usually that he got a date with some kind of girl that totally wasn’t Max’s type.

The last time Inez and Max had spend an evening together was two months ago and that wasn’t even planned. His date just wanted to go home early. But it was actually because of Inez, that she went home early.

That night, before they went on that date, Max was changing in his room and Inez had a short talk with that bimbo. She said that if she wouldn’t be home within an hour, she would make her life a living hell. The bimbo answered with you wouldn’t. Inez replied that she would and why would she think that her dad never dated longer than 2 weeks. Yes, it was because of her. After her mum nobody was good enough for her.

So he came within the hour and Max and Inez had fun. She must admit that it was the most fun she had in months. But after that last date two months ago, Max always stayed at the office for several hours longer. Why? She didn’t know. But now, she didn’t want anything else than to spend time with her father.

So that’s what happening this evening again. She would be alone. Well, not alone, she had Paige. But it wasn’t the same as with her dad. She just wanted it to be like the good old days. The days her mum still was there …

Max was still at the office at 8 P.M. Because he was head of a chain of megastores, he had to work late every evening. Although he fooled everyone to believe it, it wasn’t true. The truth was that he couldn’t be at home with his daughter. No, it wasn’t that he hated her. It was just the opposite, he loved her to death. He couldn’t be home with her, because she reminded her too much of Elena.

He knew that it wasn’t fair against his daughter. He knew that he couldn’t go through with this. But he didn’t know how to fix it. They needed help to mend their relationship, that was sure. He accepted that he needed help. But he wasn’t ready to get that help. Could someone actually help him with his loss and life?

He tried to date women, but it never had success. Or he didn’t like them, of the women broke if off after a few dates. The last date he had was with Sandra. If he thought about it now, he didn’t even like her. But something more important happened that night. He spent the evening with Inez and it was just wonderful to see his daughter in the woman she had become. He didn’t see it before that night. Was he really that blind? But after that evening, he realised he didn’t even know his own daughter. He was ashamed of himself and decided that he just stayed at the office every evening till late. Sometimes she was already asleep, when he got back.

What could people do? He was 33, widower and had a daughter of 15 years old … How could someone in the world help him?

He knew the first step to help him and Inez, had to be made by him. So that was what he was going to do now. It was time to set things right. So he went home. He said to his secretary, who always stayed there until he got home, to close off.

He got to his car, and before he opened the door, he stood still and thought for a moment. He knew he was doing the right thing.

Inez was making her homework when the doorbell rang. Paige left half an hour ago. It was 8.15 P.M. She wondered who it was, because she didn’t invite anyone. And it couldn’t be someone for her dad, because they would be looking for him at the office.

Still wondering, she opened the door and there she saw someone who was the last person she expected. “Dad?”

“Hey honey, sorry, but I forgot my keys I think and I couldn’t think of another way. Sorry if I held you up from learning or something.”

Inez sighed. “Oh, don’t worry about that. But dad, look at the clock. It’s 8.20 P.M. and you are already home? Did something happen?” She said with a scary face. She didn’t like this at all.

“No, everything is alright … you have nothing to worry about.” He answered while entering his house, putting his coat off and walking towards the living room, followed by his daughter. “Honey, could you sit down? We need to talk.”

“Dad …” She said with scared in her voice. “There’s something going on … Are you sick our something? No please don’t tell me you’re sick. Don’t tell me you’re gonna die. I already lost mom and I don’t want to lose you!” She almost started crying.

“Inez, calm down. I’m not sick and I’m not going to die.” He calmed her. “Just let me explain and you’ll understand everything.”

Max saw she was a little calmed down and a little bit more at her ease.

“Inez, you know I’ve not been the best father after your mom died,” He started. “I don’t think you can really call me a father. I’ve neglected you. But you have to know this. You’re the most important person in the world and you always will be. I love you to death. Remember that.” He continued.

“Dad, I love you too.” She said and she gave her father a big hug.

“The reason I’ve been like that, is actually all about mom.” He tried to explain. “For I met your mum, I was nothing. I drunk every day, I did drugs and I skipped school when I didn’t feel like going. When I was 16, I met Elena. And she was the first person who ever gave me the feeling that I was someone. She let me see that I had a lot of good in me. We fell in love and everything went well with me. My life was perfect at that moment. And when we were 18 and heard she was pregnant, I couldn’t be more happier. The day you were born, I knew for an instant that me and your mother would be together for ever. Three years later we married in a little ceremony with you as our flower girl. I don’t even know if you remember that …”

“Yeah, actually I do. Wasn’t I wearing a blue dress with flowers all over my hair?”

Max smiled. She did remember the most special day in his life.

“Yes you were. Anyway. The three of us were living a fairytale. You know all that. But then three years ago, when that terrible accident happened and she died, I was lost.” He silenced. Should he continue of was it to hard for his daughter? He decided to continue

“Inez, your mum made me the man I am today. Without her I thought I was nothing. After her death I thought you didn’t want me as a father, because your mother was actually father and mother in one person. She told me what to do, she learnt me everything about parenthood. I thought … , I think that I am a terrible father ….”

Inez was devastated. Did he really think he was a bad father?

“I think that’s why I closed myself off from you. I’m not the father you deserve. And that’s also why I started dating all those ladies. I was hoping that I would meet somebody like Elena again and hoping that someone would make a great mother for you and we all could be a happy family again. But unfortunately, none of the ladies seemed interested and we didn’t take long.”

“Dad, what are you thinking? You are the best dad a child could imagine. I mean, yeah, you weren’t the last year, but then even. When we spent time together, that were the best days of my life, dad.” Inez replied, almost crying.

“They were?” Max asked.

“They were then, and they always will be.” She answered and started doubting about something. Should she tell him or not? She just decided to do it. He just told his truth, so now it was up to her. “Dad, I have to confess something. You know why it didn’t work with your dates?”

“What?”

“Well, when you took them home and I know you, you always did, and I was alone with them. I kind of talked to them and said something …” She whispered to her father with fear in her voice.

“You did what?” Max got a little angry.

“I told them they if they ever came near you, I would say that she tried to hit me and I would sew them. And I never saw one of them coming back …”

Max silenced. He didn’t know what to say after his daughter’s confessing. Did she really did that?

“Why would you do that?”

“Dad, what do you think? I didn’t want to have a new mom. And by the way, none of those girls were your type. They were just brainless, stupid blondes who didn’t know the difference between a bike or a motor. You deserve someone who gentle, sweet, beautiful, intelligent, someone who loves you to death, who treats you well, and who will be my best friend. And you have to admit, those girls would never be a friend of mine.” She said. She was hoping for an answer, but Max didn’t say anything. “Dad, are you mad at me?”

She still didn’t say anything. She just kept staring at the floor. Finally, after a few minutes of an awkward silence, he uttered.

“No sweetheart, I’m not mad at you. I could never be mad at me. But you should said something to me …”

“You should have too …” She stopped him.

“Yeah, I know. But Inez, can we just start over. I mean, let me try to be a perfect father to you, if you’ll try to be a perfect daughter … No more secrets, no more blond bimbos and no more …”

“And no more long hours at the office?” She interrupted him.

“No more long hours at the office …” He declared with a relieved tone.

“You promise?” She pronounced, hoping.

“I promise sweetie. If I’m not home for 5.30 P.M., you can kill me.” He laughed!

“Okay, thanks dad! You’re the best. I love you.”

“I love you too, honey. So what are doing you at the moment. Maybe we could watch a DVD or something?”

“Well, I was actually doing my homework, but I just can say tomorrow I didn’t feel well.”

They both smiled. This was going to be a new start for the both of them. For the first time in three years the two of them just could rest and enjoy each other’s company and do things like others fathers and daughters would do.

It was at that precise moment, when Max saw his daughter smiling and laughing for the first time in a long time, he knew that he had made the right decision. Maybe for the first time in his life.

TBC

You Like It?
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 13 times in total.
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Part 2 is here! I hope you like this! I'm really enjoying writing it! Hope you enjoy reading this! Thanks for all the lovely feedback!

harroc83: Peace back!
kittens: You'll see what happens next!
Behrsgirl1230: The banner is made by Lin4u, my friend and she's really talented! Liz comes in the story in this chapter! I love the name Inez, since I was a child. I used to live in the netherlands and there the name iss common name.
madroswellfan: I know you do!
anonymousarfan: Thanks!
orphyfets: Thank you!
*Zans-gurl*: Soon enough?
Maxsgurl: :D
lazza: Inez is actually a reflection of how I was (and is) in my teenage years!
begonia9508: Thanks!
vampyrax: Thanks for the feedback!
Emz80: Ditto
janesdilemma: You'll see how!
POM: Thanks
roswell3053: Hope you like it!

On with the show!

Chapter 2

Inez and Paige walked through the halls of North Boston Prep School. Inez woke up this morning with a smile on her face. It was the best good night sleep she had in months, maybe even years.

When she got down to the kitchen, her dad was preparing her a complete breakfast with pancakes, eggs, toast and her favourite: croissants. The two had a long and nice talk and Max even drove her to school. Normally she would walk to school or she went by bus. It was obvious that Max wanted to be a better example for his daughter.

Inez was putting some of her books in her locker, when Aidan Nash passed by. Their eyes met and she smiled, when he smiled. She kept looking at him, until he entered a classroom. Paige noticed it. “Honey, when are you gonna make you’re your move? It’s like forever since you started having a crush on him.” She said.

Inez came out of her daydream and blushed. “Paige, you don’t think a senior is going to ask me out? I mean, come on. He’s never gonna do that.”

“That’s right. That’s why you have to do that.”

Inez didn’t say anything anymore and the two friends walked over to the classroom, where they had now English from the vicious Mr. Malldon.

20 minutes after the beginning of the class a knock on the door woke Inez from yet another daydream. It was the new principal Miss Emma Brown, who started this year. Although she was new, she was already very highly lauded by her colleagues.

When she entered, Mr. Malldon didn’t look very happy, because he always hated when someone disturbed his lessons. “Sorry to disrupt your lesson, Mr. Malldon. But can I take Inez Evans for a little talk?”

Inez looked a little scared at Paige. She didn’t do anything wrong, so why did she have to go to the new principal. Mr. Malldon looked at her and gave her a sign to leave the classroom. She stood up while the rest of the class was talking behind her back. What could someone sweet and innocent like Inez have done? Inez was even more terrified when she looked into the eyes of the furious become Mr. Malldon.

When she left the classroom and Miss Brown closed the door, her sweet voice comforted her. “Miss Evans, you have nothing to worry about. I know you haven’t done anything incorrect. There’s someone I like you to meet.”

They took a short walk in the route to her office. But they didn’t go into it, instead they went to a nearby chamber. Inez knew that it used to be the room of the nosy and nasty Ms. Lambshire, a supposable guidance counsellor. But she wasn’t actually someone that listened to the students. She was more like a bitch, someone who you didn’t want as your friend.

When Miss Brown opened the door, a young woman with brown hair just below the shoulders stood there, looking trough some files. From the back, Inez would swear it was her mother. But when she heard them, she turned around and she didn’t look at all like her mother. She had those soft brown eyes, similar to her dad’s and a smile her dad would kill for.

“Inez, let me introduce to you Miss Elizabeth Parker, our new student guidance counsellor. She graduated from Harvard last year and is here to help our students here at North Boston Prep School. Well, I will leave you two alone now.” Miss Brown said, and she left the room.

Liz put the files back in the place where she first took them. “Please, Miss Evans go ahead and sit.”

She did as she was told, but was a little confused. Why was she brought here? Although she didn’t know why, she was glad she was released from a awful English lesson. “Well, at first, please call me Inez. I am way too young to be called ‘Miss Evans’. And second, why I am sitting here? Not that I’m not glad that I’m not in my English class anymore …” She said and smiled.

“Okay then, Inez,” She said and sat down, “I’m aware of the fact that last year you had multiple conversation with my forerunner and that didn’t go well. And Miss Brown thought it would be a good idea if you had a little talk with me, after the call we had from your father this morning.”

“Dad called?” Inez asked totally shocked. “Why’s that?”

“Well, he thought it would appropriate if you would talk about your mother’s death.” Liz told her.

Inez got silenced. Her dad was worried about her. That was sweet. But he was right. She didn’t really talked with a professional about her mother passing away. She tried last year with Ms. Lambshire, but she didn’t listen at all. So after a few talks, she didn’t go anymore, because it didn’t help. But if she had known that there was someone new, she would have gone on her own.

“Oh …” was all that came out of her mouth.

“Look Inez, I don’t want to pressure you to talk to somebody. But I think I know what you’re going through. I lost my mum when I was 14. She died of cancer. And I know it was hard to talk about those things. So if you don’t want to talk right now, that’s fine with me. But please know that my office is always open if you need someone to talk. Okay?” She informed her and calmed in some way.

“Okay, thanks, Miss Parker. But can I go back to my classroom? It’s a great suggestion, but it’s a bit overwhelming and I have to think a little.” She spoke to her.

Liz smiled. She knew that she wouldn’t talk immediately. She didn’t talk to her psychiatric until she visited her for the 4th time. But at least she was considering it. That’s a start.

“Sure.” She said, while Inez stood up. “But Inez,” she turned around. “You can call me Liz.”

Inez smiled, left the room and closed the door.

Inez went back to classroom; Mr. Malldon wasn’t very pleased that once again somebody interrupted his class. Her class looked at her, but she didn’t look back. She didn’t want to deal with her class right now. She went and sat back down, but she couldn’t focus. Paige tried to get her attention, but it didn’t work. Inez didn’t know what to do.

When the bell announced the end of 4th and the beginning of lunch hour, Inez packed her books and immediately left the room. Paige quickly followed. She knew that everybody wanted to know why she had to go.

But before anyone could ask, she was already in the cafeteria, where the two best friends had lunch, with the rest of the group of friends they always hang out with. When Paige and Inez had lunch and went to sit, Paige finally asked why she had to go.

Inez didn’t want to tell her actually. She didn’t want to think that this strong girl needed someone to talk about her mother’s death. She wouldn’t tell it, at least not now. Maybe later, when she felt more comfy about it. “Oh, nothing. Something with my dad!”

At least that was partly true.

Meanwhile, Liz had left the school to have lunch with her best friend Maria. The two have been friends since they’ve met in kindergarten when they were 4. She was 26 right now, meaning they had been friends for over 22 years.

She grew up in the south of Montana, she grew up on a farm with every animal you can imagine. Horses, cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, … Liz loved growing up there. Until her high school graduation, she rode a horse almost every day, and she helped her father every days with taking care of the animals. Fortunately, tragic struck and Liz’s mother died of cancer, when she was 14. She was heartbroken and inconsolable. Luckily, she had Maria as the best friend you can imagine, to comfort her.

She went to the local high school in Billings, where she met her first love and then went to college. The life of a typical teenage girl … She wanted to help children, and went to Boston College, the place she wanted to visit ever since she was a little girl. After she studied there for 4 years, she went a year travelling around the world with of course her best friend Maria. Although Maria went to California to study, the two still kept contact and they spent every holiday together.

After her year travelling she specialized at Harvard for two years. She graduated last year with one of the highest grades of her class. Maria moved here last year and the two girls now lived in an penthouse in downtown Boston.

She got several offers from people who wanted her as a psychiatric or something, but finally she decided for the job of Student Guidance Counsellor at North Boston Prep School, one of the most prestigious schools on the East Coast. The job became open after several students last year complained about her forerunner. Eventually she got fired. After her first week she knew she had made the right choice.

Liz and Maria were having lunch at a little restaurant, near the prep school where Liz worked. Maria came there from their apartment, since she only had to work in the afternoons.

They talked a little about everything and nothing and they had fun, remembering some of the things she used to do, back in Montana. Then Liz’s work became the subject.

“So Liz, how’s work going? Already found some students with problems?” Maria asked, while holding a cup of coffee in her hand.

“Well, not really actually. I mean, I’ve only worked there for a week. I’m just reading the files through of students that were under care last year. And just getting to know my colleagues and everything …” She simply answered.

Maria caught a weird face. She must have helped someone? There are around 500 students at that school. “You haven’t had any student with a drug problems, … cutting problem, … death parent, … anything?”

“Well, this morning I talked to this sweet girl. She lost her mother three ago and never really talked about it …”

“That’s a start! So did she voluntarily come in or what?”

“No, actually. Her father called this morning, informing us about his daughters situation. He said that he and his daughter had a bit of a rocky relationship, due to the death of her mother. And he hoped that talking about it, would help them both …” Liz said, but hesitated. “But I don’t even know if I can talk about this. So, I didn’t tell you anything, okay?”

“Yeah, sure!”

“Okay than!” She looked at her watch and saw it was time to go back to her work. “But Maria, I have to go back now. I’ll see you back at the apartment later, kay? We’re still on for that movie right?”

“Yeah, of course!” Maria politely answered.

“Bye!” were Liz her final words before she left the restaurant. Maria drunk her coffee empty, paid and left the restaurant two minutes after her friend.

Meanwhile lunch at school was also over. Inez and Paige walked to the history classroom. History was Inez’s favourite subject. But even though it was, she couldn’t focus on the teacher. The thought that she could really talk about her mother’s death and everything, kept wandering in her head. She never had an opportunity like that before. Than she decided something. She would be following her instinct and go to talk to Liz. Somebody, who would understand her.

She raised her hand and Miss White, the history teacher spoke. “Yes, Miss Evans?”

“May I be excused to talk to Miss Brown?” She asked.

“Euhm, to Miss Brown? Then yes you can go.”

Inez smiled, took her books and put them in her bag and left the classroom to head to Liz’s office. She went to the Miss Livingstone of the administration centre. “I want to talk with Miss Elizabeth Parker, but do I have to get a note or something from Miss Brown to see her?”

At the moment Brown passed and she overheard the conversation. “Ah, Inez. I thought you would take the opportunity to talk to Miss Parker. She’s very good.”

“Okay, thanks Miss Brown. Can I see her now or is she taken?” She smiled

“No, at the moment she’s free. But you’ll have to have an appointment the next time you’ll visit her.”

Inez went over to Liz’s office and knocked on the door. When she heard a ‘come in’, she opened the door and entered.

“Liz?” She said as she closed the door and sat when Liz motioned for her to.

“I thought I would see you soon.”

“I’m ready to talk”

“Okay, so, what do you want to talk about?”

“I guess, the first thing is three years ago … I was twelve at the moment and mum just got back from a trip trough Europe.”

TBC[/b]
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Thanks for all the lovely feedback! I hope you like this part, this is a bit shorter than the first two!
And of course thank you to my lovely beta madroswellfan! Love ya, girl!

xxx Ivy

Part 3

3 years ago

It was the end of August, when Elena returned from a trip trough Europe. For her job – she was an ambassador for some country – she had travelled for the last month. Only her husband Max knew when actually she got home. She wanted to surprise her 12-year-old daughter, Inez.

At the moment of her arrival, Inez was swimming in the pool in the backyard of their house. She heard a car coming on the driveway and saw it was a cab. For her, this could only mean one thing. Her mum was home.

She and her mum were always very close and when she left a month ago, she was heartbroken. But she was back now, and it would again be just her, Max and Elena. The perfect family …

Inez grabbed a towel and ran with bare feet towards her mother. When she saw her daughter, she dropped all her bags and ran herself towards her daughter. When the two met, they were embraced in a hug which lasted more than 5 minutes.

“Mum, I’m soooo glad you’re home! I’ve missed you so much!”

“Oh honey, me too! I’ve missed you too!

When she hugged her mother tightly, she noticed that her mother had a fatter tummy than before she left.

Later that evening the happy family was eating a nice meal, that Elena prepared – something she hadn’t done in a long time – and were catching up things of the last months.

Elena explained about her month in Europe. She went to visit London and she saw the Big Ben, Saint Paul’s Cathedral, The Globe, Westminster Abbey, had a ride on the London Eye, Buckingham Palace where she even saw Queen Elizabeth II and her son, Crown Prince Charles.

Then she went to Belgium and the Netherlands. In Brussels you have the best chocolate in the whole world and the fries there, indescribable. Then she visited Berlin, Paris - the city of love - and Prague.

She told about her entire trip she had made and described it with big eyes. Inez listened very intensively and was very proud of her mummy. Her mummy was a hero.

When Elena had told everything she had experienced, her husband had cleaned the table and they were going to the living room. The two lovers had big news to tell their daughter.

Inez was dancing around the house, she was extremely happy that her mother was home. Although she was already 12, when she was with her mother she acted sometimes like a child again. She’s very close with her mum, and when she was a child they did so many things together. Because of that she believed that she wanted to stay a child, because she loved those times with her mum.

She was still dancing and twirling around the house, when her parents were already sitting on the couch. They were holding hands. Inez got sight of this and stopped.

“Honey, could you please sit down? We have some news for you …” Elena whispered.

Inez, who got a little scared, went sitting and was hoping for the best. If she heard her mum like this, this could only mean that something bad was going to happen. Maybe she was going back to Europe.

“Honey, you always said that you wanted a little brother or sister, right?” Max said. “Well, your wish is coming true. You’ll be a big sister in about 5 months.”

“I will?”

“Yeah, you’re going to have a little brother or sister!”

Inez couldn’t stop her joy and cheerfulness and started singing, dancing, twirling around the room. When she was tired of it, she went to sit between her mum and dad! When she saw them know, they were the perfect family. And their perfect family would become more perfect with the birth of a new baby boy or a new baby girl.

Max and Elena already knew that it was going to be a baby girl and they already got a name for her. They were naming her Martha, after Elena’s grandmother.

The next day Max, Elena and Inez Evans went to Max’s parents’ house for a nice family dinner. They lived in a suburb Boston, so it wasn’t difficult to go there. The whole Evans family would be there. Pater Familias, man of the house, Philippe Evans and his lovely wife Diane and their three children. A short introduction …

Seth Evans was the oldest one, he was 33 and was married to Eva, and had 3 children: Hannah (9), Katie (6), and Regan (3).

The middle one was Max, 30, and he was married to Elena and had one daughter Inez, who was 12 years old.

Max had a twin sister, Isabel. She married Jesse Ramirez when she was 24. They had two adorable children. The oldest of the two was Evan, 4 years old and the youngest was Melina, just turned 1.

The Evans family had a tradition of coming together once a month for a family dinner. The tradition started when Seth married to Eva.

Over the years the number of members of the family grew until a total of 14. Maybe there will become more?

They all lived in the wide neighbourhood of Boston, so normally everyone got the opportunity to attend the family dinners.

So tonight was another dinner. The whole family caught up on new things, since some people hadn’t seen since last dinner.

Elena once told about her trip to Europe and everyone was excited. When the dinner ended, Max and Elena brought more good news and informed the family of her pregnancy. Everyone was a little surprised, because they didn’t thought the two wanted another baby after Inez. But of course everyone was glad for them. They were going to have another niece or nephew, another grandchild, another cousin.

When the time came for everyone to go back home, they said goodbye to each other and left with their respective family.

Max and Elena were the last ones to leave. Inez had left with her uncle Seth and Aunt Eva, she hadn’t seen them in ages and wanted to spend time with them and her cousins. She and Hannah were pretty close and the evening wasn’t enough to catch up.

Elena drove because Max had had a few drinks and wasn’t able to ride. When they were halfway back to their home, Elena noticed that they needed to full the gas tank.

So they stopped at a local gas station. Elena filled the tank, while Max went to the store to buy some chewing gum. When he was paying at the pay-desk, he saw the unthinkable happening to his wife.

He saw that Elena was pushed by a man with a gun. He just froze, while he watched his wife who drove away under force in their car. Then other people came out of the store to see what happened and Max came back to reality. He stormed back outside. Meanwhile he noticed that the shop manager was calling the police.

The next hours were a blur to him. He didn’t really remember what happened. He was brought to the police station and just waited there. He waited with his head in his arms. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t even know it was storming outside.

It was until 4 A.M. in the morning that they had news for him.

“Mr. Evans, we’ve found the man who did this to your wife back and we’ve recovered the car back. But something happened. We have captured the man, but it was only after we got a call in from an accident. …” The police detective said to him. An accident? Max knew that something bad happened.

“Apparently they were driving on a bridge over the Charles River and because of the heavy rain fall, they didn’t see a truck coming from the other side … They couldn’t do anything else other than change direction and they drove into the river. The robber was just in time to get out of the car, but unfortunately your wife didn’t. Meanwhile we’ve found the car, but your wife wasn’t inside. We believe that the flow has taken her further down the river. With man and power we are searching now.”

Max collapsed. He just heard that his wife is probably dead. The police called his parents and half an hour later Philippe and Isabel arrived at the police station. When they heard the news, they were such as chocked as Max, but they had the power to still think clearly.
They took him back to his parents’ house and put them in bed. He fell asleep immediately. While Max was laying in bed, his parents and Isabel had doubts of whether not inform Seth and Inez now or should they wait until the morning. After much discussing they have decided to wait until noon. But what they did, was call Elena’s family. Apparently they didn’t know and they were devastated.

The next few days were hard for the Evans family. Inez cried for hours after hearing the news. Philippe and Diane and their kids tried to comfort Inez and Max, but they couldn’t do anything. They couldn’t do anything. They couldn’t even say goodbye, because Elena’s body still wasn’t found.

Then, a week after the tragic accident, her body was found 3 miles of the accident.

The funeral was beautiful, but extremely hard for all of Elena’s relatives and friends. She was so young and she shouldn’t have died.

After the funeral Max and Inez’s world was shattered for good and would never be the same again.

TBC[/b]
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

New part, thanks for the lovely feedback you all!

vampyrax: It was a sad part, but I can assure you it was the only one! (I think)
begonia9508: Yeah you're right .. Who wouldn't have problems?
g7silvers: Glad you found it!
roswell3053: Thanks for reading!
orphyfets: Idem
Erina: Ditto
madroswellfan: Thanks gurl!
maya: Keep your hopes up!
Lin4u: Thanks hon! You're great!

To the lurkers! hope you liket this!

Part 4

“… So after the funeral dad closed himself off from me.” Inez was still telling to Liz. “That day, I not only lost my mum and my sister, but also my dad.” She couldn’t take it anymore and tears began to flood.

“Oh, honey come here.” Liz whispered and she took her in his arms.

After a few minutes she calmed down. Liz then noticed it was almost 4 P.M. School ended half an hour ago. She informed Inez and she left the room and went home.

Liz cleaned her desk and decided, before she went home, to drop by the office of Miss Brown. She knocked on her door and waited for confirmation.

“Oh, Liz, glad you were here. How’s everything with Miss Evans? She didn’t come out of your office the whole afternoon. I wondered if something happened …” She told her.

“Oh no. Nothing bad happened. She told me her story about the tragic end of her mother … I never thought I would take that long.”

“Yeah, that was some story. The mother died and the car robber survived. Tragically.” Emma said. “It’s okay that you talked to her. And of course you can talk to her as much as you want, but just let her try not to miss many lessons.”

“Of course.” Liz answered and she left her office. It was a Friday and normally she and Maria would spent the evening together. But she saw that Maria send her a text message. Maria had a date tonight, so she just have find a way to entertain herself tonight.

Meanwhile Inez went outside, now she had to find a way to get home. She missed her bus and she thought her dad was still at work. So he couldn’t pick her up. But maybe she got lucky and one of her friends would still be in the neighbourhood and could bring her home.

But there was no one to find, so she couldn’t do anything else than walk home. It could take a while, but it was her only option. So she started walking towards her home.

When she walked out of the street where the school lays, a motorbike stopped. When he took his helm off, he recognised him. It was Aidan Nash, his long time crush.

“Hey Inez, what’s up? And what are you walking here? School ended 45 minutes ago.” He asked her and he smiled. Inez could almost melt in that smile.

“Oh, nothing special. I got a long talk with the guidance counsellor and it kinda continued a little longer that I thought! And now I missed my bus and I have to walk home.” She responded him.

Aidan smiled, he had those incredible green eyes, those eyes where you could simply drown in with just a plain look. And that smiles of his … when he smiled, it seemed like the whole world lightened up and everyone in it joined the smiling.

“You’re walking home? You’ve gotta be kidding. You live like 3 miles from school. Come here and I’ll give you a ride.”

“I don’t idea, Aidan. Isn’t that dangerous without a helm?” He smiled while he took a helm from inside his motor. Inez smiled too. “Okay, so you have a helm. But my dad is coming to freak if he sees I’m riding on some guy’s motor bike. I’m sure I’ll be grounded.” She continued.

“Well, if he’s bad. I’ll personally apologise and I’ll take care of that grounded thing.”

Inez laughed. “You’re crazy, you know that?”

“Yeah, but everything for a girl I like …”

She blushed. He liked her. Her dream was coming true.

“Okay, no hop on. You live at that big, white house on Baton Avenue, right?” He asked.

“You know where I live? But you’ve never been at my house …”. She replied.

“Well, I haven’t. But if we ever are going on a date, I need to know where my date lives, don’t I?”

“A date, huh?” She said, while putting her helm it on.

He smiled and he also put his helm on and they drove away to her house. 5 minutes later they arrived at her house. She saw that her father’s car wasn’t there yet and she sighed of relief.

She went off the motor bike and gave the helm back to Aidan. “You know, you’re very lucky my dad isn’t home yet.”

He smiled. God, he has the most gorgeous smile I’ve ever seen, Inez thought to herself. Their heads came closer to each other. Inez totally didn’t expected that.

“So about that date. Are you free tonight?” He asked hopefully.

She wished to herself so bad to says yes, but she wasn’t available. “Oh no. Damm, I have to baby-sit on my two cousins tonight.”

“Oh,” was all he could say.

“I’m sorry,” he said, hoping that would make him better. “But if it’s okay with my aunt, maybe you could over tonight, when those little brats are asleep …”

His whole face lighted up and he smiled.

“I can call you, if she’s okay with it. But then I need to have your phone number …” She smiled, swirling her eyes.

He smiled and took a piece of paper and wrote something on it. “The first is my home number and the second is my cell phone.” He spoke.

“Okay, thanks. So maybe I’ll see you tonight …” She said.

“Yeah, we’ll see! Bye!” He talked.

“Bye and thanks for the ride.”

“No problem.” He said and put his helm on and drove away.

She watched as he drove away. Did that just happened? Did he asked her out on a date? She secretly hoped on kiss, but maybe it was too early. But now, she had to talk to Paige. She would want to know this.

In a other side of town, Liz opened the door of her apartment she shared with Maria. She saw that Maria was laying on the couch with a towel on her hair, which meant she just came out of the shower. She was reading some kind of magazine. Probably a magazine with only gossip about the celebrities. Maria’s kind of thing.

“Oh Liz, you are right on time. You have to see this.” She yelled.

Liz sighed came closer and saw the title of the magazine … ‘Boston Weekly’, what did she tell you. Gossip. “Oh god Liz, you have to look at him right here. He’s going to my next catch, he’s soooo my type. He’s rich and he’s handsome.”

Liz looked at the title. ‘Boston’s most desirable bachelor: Max Evans.’ Liz was chocked, he was Inez’s father and the most desirable bachelor in whole Boston. That girl is going to have one heck of life.

“It says that’s only 33 and head of the Paoll Market Chains. Oh, than he has to be rich. I mean, look at him. I can’t believe he’s still single. He was married before, but for some kind of reason now he isn’t. Oh my my, he’s certainly my type!”

“But does it say that his wife died in a car accident during a carjacking? That the jerk of a carjacker survived, while her body was driving for a week in the Charles River? That he has a 15-year-old daughter that was her mother’s sweetheart and that she was broken after her mother’s death?” Liz looked at Maria. She didn’t know what to say. “I didn’t think so.”

“How … what … How do you know all that stuff?” Maria said chocked.

“You know that girl I was talking about during lunch break. That’s his daughter …”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah, totally …”

“Oh my god, that must have been awful to experience that …” Maria said with a more calmed voice.

“Tell me about it. Inez told me the story this afternoon and she was just heart broken. She just cried her tears out, I didn’t think she ever got professional help. But it’s deep in her and I’m going to help her get over it.”

“Yeah, good luck with that.”

An awkward silence came between the two best friends and Maria broke it. “But you have to admit, he’s hot?”

Liz couldn’t believe her eyes. She just told her that sad story and now she says that? That’s Maria. But she was right. Max Evans was very handsome. “I’m not gonad discuss that with you.”

“So you think he is??? Maybe you could introduce him to me.” Maria asked playfully.

Liz started laughing. She was a special girl, Maria. Liz threw a pillow at Maria’s face. “Stop it!!! So tell me, what about that date of yours tonight?”

Later that night, Inez was getting ready her stuff ready for her evening at her aunt Isabel’s. He had to baby-sit at 4-year-old Melina and 1-year-old Christopher. The oldest one, Evan, was on soccer camp. He was only 7, but he got some really talent for that sport.

She loved her cousins to death. She had 6 cousins and she adored them. Hannah, Kate, Regan, Evan, Melina and Chris played a huge roll in the fact that she survived the last three years. If she hadn’t got them, she didn’t know what would have happened to her. But not only her cousins her whole family. Her grandma and grandpa, Philippe and Diane, uncle Seth and aunt Eva, aunt Isabel and uncle Jesse. Yeah, she was grateful to her family.

Her dad arrived about an hour ago and he was preparing dinner now. She went downstairs to look if it was ready.

“Hi dad, what are you preparing actually?” She said, while entering the kitchen.

“What do you think about macaroni and cheese?”

“Oooh, delicious.” Max wasn’t a real hero in the kitchen, but his macaroni and cheese. You would kill, just to taste it.

As she said, Max smiled. The relationship between his daughter and him was smoothly this far. But they still had a very long way to go. “So, what time do I have to pick you up at Isabel’s?”

“Don’t know actually … I’ll just phone you tomorrow, okay?” She asked.

“Sure” He said while putting the latest hand on the food.

“Dad?” Inez asked after awhile.

“Yeah, honey? What’s the matter?” He replied.

“Thank you. I mean thanks for calling the school this morning. I talked the most day with the new guidance counsellor and it really helped.”

“Sure thing, honey. You know I would do everything for my little girl.”

She blushed. How long was it ago that he called her his little girl? A really long time ago, the time when her mother was still around. She really missed that. This was the dad she wanted for the last three years. And now she would finally get it!

“So, is she or he good?” Max requested at his daughter.

“Yeah, she is. Her name is Liz and she graduated from Harvard last year. She didn’t really do anything today, besides listening. But I think that’s what I need. Someone who listens to me.”

“I’m glad honey that this helping you.” He said and the two walked over to the table to have their dinner. Max talked about his work today and how it was relieving that he could just leave work early. He always thought, since he was the boss, he had to do the most work. But in fact he didn’t. He had tons of employees that could do the work for him.

Inez listened and was fascinated by her dad. It was a long time ago when they had a conversation like this. She doubted or whether she should tell him about Aidan or not. Finally she decided it was too soon, because nothing really happened. She would tell him later.

They finished their dinner and did the dishes. When they ended it, Max drove his daughter over to his sisters. Happily, she didn’t live far away. “Okay sweetheart, be nice and say hey to Isabel and Jesse and the kids!”

“I will! See you in the morning dad!”

He got out of the car and ringed at the front door of her aunt’s house.

TBC

[/b]
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Really Thanks for the lovely feed back! I don't have the time to thank each one apart! But I want you to know it I really loved reading it!

xxx Ivy!

Here's the next part!

Part 5

Max went back home. He wondered what he was going to do the rest of the night. After thinking awhile he decided to see a movie. He had nothing to do after all.

After a while he started to fell asleep, while the film continued playing. Suddenly, he was startled by the ring of the doorbell. He wasn’t expecting any visitors, so he wondered who was at the door.

“Mr. Evans? I’m Oswald Peterson and I’m a notary, here in Boston. Excuse me that I’m bothering you this late.” He introduced himself while giving his card.

“Oh, no problem. Come in and take a seat.” Max said. “How may I help you?”

“Well, does the name Alphonso Lopez ring any bells?”

Max thought, but he had never heard that name before. “No, not as I remember.”

“Okay then. Alphonso Lopez was the grandfather of your late wife. He passed away a few months ago and we searched for heirs for his inheritance and we concluded that your daughter, Miss Inez Evans is his only heir.”

“What do you mean with that, Mr. Peterson?”

“Your daughter inherited 112 million American dollars.”

“112 million …” Who, that was a lot. He never knew that Elena’s grandfather was rich. He didn’t even know he was still alive. Well, not anymore now.

“Well, that and some houses included a penthouse in downtown Manhattan and a villa in the south of Spain. And not to forget a private airplane.”

“Whow, that’s a lot. So does she get all of this or what?” Max questioned.

“Well, you’re daughter isn’t 18 yet. So that’s why her legal guardian, you, has to decide what to do with it.” He responded.

“So I have choices?”

“Yes, you have. You can either expect her as an heir and she will get the money when she’s 18, or you can decline the will of her great-grandfather and the money will go to the state.” He said with a clear voice. He didn’t show any emotions, so Max assumed he had done this thousands of times.

“But if I accept, she doesn’t get the money for another three years?”

“Well, yes. She’ll get a part when she’s 18 and the rest when she’s 21. But there’s another option for her to get the money sooner. But then actually, it’s not her money anymore”

“How does that work?” Max asked. Now he was really confused.
“She has to sign a document that she will resign the heritage. And then her closest relative will get control over the money. And in that case that would be you and you get the money as soon as all the officials documents are okay.”

This was a lot of information. He told the notary that he was going to discuss this with his daughter and it would inform him about the decision they would make.

After Inez rung the bell, Isabel opened the door and when she saw her niece, she gave her a hug. Inez was a little surprised. She didn’t know her aunt was excited to see her, even though they didn’t see each other for two weeks or so.

“Hey Inez, glad to see you again, honey. Thanks for coming on such a short notice … It’s just that Jesse has a last minute party that he had to attend and I didn’t want it to be anyone other than you …” She started saying, but when she saw Inez giving her a fussy look she stopped. “Sorry, I’m rambling again!”

“Don’t worry about it! I’m actually glad I’m able to see my cousins again!” She nattered. The two relatives walked over to the living room. Inez wondered whether she should ask about Aidan coming over or not. Well, she wouldn’t ask him over if her aunt didn’t know about it. She couldn’t do that.

“Aunt Isabel, can I ask you something?” She asked hoping she would accept.

“Sure thing, you can ask me anything!” Her aunt answered while putting the last straps on her hair.

“Okay, there’s this guy at my school. And she asked me out, but since I have to baby-sit, I had to decline. But I was kinda hoping that maybe he could come over here for a little while, when Melina and Chris are sleeping …” Inez said, avoiding eye contact with Isabel.

Isabel couldn’t help but smile. That reminded her of her first boyfriend and how she would do everything to see him. “Sure, he can come. But make sure that he’s away when we’re coming home.” She said with an ironic smile on her face.

Inez got beyond happy! Aidan could come tonight!! “So when you are home?”

“Probably not for 3 A.M.” She said, with that ironic smile.

Ten minutes later Jesse and Isabel left. She called Aidan and she was really excited. She gave him the address and he would arrive in 15 minutes.

After that she went to see Chris, who was sleeping. Melina was laying in the room next door and she was still awake. She started calling for Inez, she definitely missed her. She decided to see her first. “Hey munchkin, did you miss me?”

“Inez, you here!!!!!” She said with a totally happy voice.

“Princess, shouldn’t be asleep at the moment? Little girls like you need lots of sleep!” Inez questioned playfully.

“Me not tired! Me is hungry!”

“You’re hungry? Well, let’s go downstairs to eat something.” She said while she took Melina out of her bed and placed her on his arm. “But first we’ll see if your brother’s alright.”

They went to the chamber next door and they entered silently. He was still asleep. Inez decided to let him sleep, he looked so peacefully. She gave him a kiss and the two went back downstairs, to kitchen to get something to eat for Melina.

They opened the refrigerator and looked at the food what was inside. “So, sweetie, what do you want to eat?”

Melina looked around and finally decided on something when she took something. “I want grilled cheese!”

Inez smiled. Of course, how could she forget? Grilled cheese was Melina’s favourite. She prepared it for her cousin and when she finished eating it in the living room, the doorbell rung. She said to Melina to stay here and that she would back in a minute. She thought it was Aidan and she was right. It was Aidan. “Hi!” She blushed.

“Hi to you too.” He said back as he followed her to the living room. Melina was still there.

“Okay, sweetheart, it’s time for bed.” She said to her and she took her on her arm. “I’ll be right back!” She said to Aidan.

A few minutes later she got back. “So, what do you want to do?”

“What about we just talk a little? I want to get to know you … again!”

This would definitely get interesting.

They would talk about school and the days when they were little. They became best friends as soon as they met; when Inez was 5. Her grandparents used to be neighbours of Aidan and his parents. But Diane and Philippe moved to the suburbs of Boston. So they met when she was 5 and he was 7. For the first years of their friendship they were inseparable. But when Aidan finished 6th grade and went to middle school their friendship collapsed and they only saw each other rarely.

That was until Inez started high school last year and they spoke to each other again sometimes at school. This year Inez was in the 10th grade and Aidan was a senior. Ever since last year she had had a crush on him and tonight there was a possibility they would get romantically involved. Something she had dreamt of for a long time …

Aidan had been an only child for a very long time, but when he was 10, his mum delivered a beautiful baby girl. Aidan could pick the name, but he didn’t know any names.

“You remember when you 8 and I was 10 and I didn’t know any name for my sister. I came over to you to you tree house and I almost fell out of the tree?”

“Yeah, I remember that night as if it was yesterday? You gave me my first kiss that night …” She blushed.

She was only eight, but she felt 18 that night. What a simple kiss on the lips could do … She always hoped that there would be another, but it hadn’t happened yet. But there was always tonight!

The rest of that evening in the tree house they talked about his little sister. He asked her help and she always liked the name Molly. He liked it too and decided to pick that name. She wanted to have a little brother or sister also, but didn’t think it would happen.

The two were embraced by thoughts about that night that meant a lot for both of them.

For the rest of the evening they decided to watch a movie. They decided on ‘Notting Hill’ with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. It was one of Inez’ favourite movies.

They saw it with big eyes, but now and then they were glancing at each other and when they noticed it, they both blushed.

By the end of the movie Inez was laying in Aidan’s arms. And they were both comfortable with it …

The film ended and the two were sitting very close together on the couch, their head came dangerously close to each other and their lips almost touched, but the yell of Chris via the baby phone, interrupted the two.

Aidan sighed. He really hoped that that kiss would have happened, but fate interrupted them. “Well, I better go now. I’ll see you Monday at school?” He hoped.

“Yeah, of course! Monday!” She said as the close the door behind his back. He got upstairs and saw that Chris was crying. “Hey, little fellow, shouldn’t you be sleeping?” She said as she took him out of him cradle and brought him downstairs.

The next day she woke up in the guestroom of her aunt and uncle’s house. She slept really well. Partly because the thought of the night before and partly because it was just a good bed.
After breakfast Inez said goodbye to Melina and Chris and was brought home by Jesse. He thanked her for her baby-sitting and gave her an amount of money. She refused, but Jesse said, “Just accept it! Think of it as an early birthday present!”

Finally she accepted it and got out of the car. She went to the back door, but noticed it was still closed. She took her key and opened it.

Nobody was downstairs. Her dad wouldn’t be sleeping, right? It was almost 10 P.M. Normally he would be awake at the least 8 P.M. Something was wrong …

Inez was over to his bedroom and she was right. Her dad was still laying in his bed. But he looked so peaceful and decided to let him wake up slowly. She walked over to the window and opened the curtains. When she looked outside, she realized that they actually had a really big garden. She used to play in it all the time, that was until her mum died … now she rarely went into the garden.

She heard some noise behind her and realised that her father was waken up … He looked funny in his bed.

“Inez, is that you?” He said with sleepy eyes. “You’re already home, so early in the morning? How did you come home?”

“Dad, it’s already 10 A.M. What did you last night that you were still sleeping?” She said as she walked over to the room to walk out of his room.

“Oh, yeah something happened … But we’ll talk about it during breakfast!” He told her while getting out of the bed. She saw that he was wearing the pyjamas she gave him a few years back for his birthday. She didn’t know that he still had those.

“I already had breakfast, dad!” She pointed out. “But I’ll set the table up to we’ll have a nice father-daughter talk!” She laughed sarcastically. She left the room and went downstairs.

TBC
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Here's the next part! Hope you all like it!

madroswellfan
orphyfets
roswell3053
begonia9508
Erina
Lin4u
Ivy, that was another terrific part! Inez really inherited a whole bunch of money! Can I have some??
Can't wait for the next part! And Can't you post a little earlier instead of wednesday? I think all the readers would really appreciate it!

Love, Lin!
I wish I could do that, but then you wouldn't have a part a week later. Maybe in the future I have more time to post two time a week!

Hope you like the part!

xxx Ivy

Part 6

“Officially I have to decide, but of course Inez, you can choose what you want …” Max just told the story about her inheritance. Inez was shocked. 112 million dollars? Unbelievably, that would make her even richer than her dad.

Inez thought about what she should do. “So, if I sign that form, then you would receive all the money?”

“Yes, I would be the official owner, but of course you can settle on what you want to do with it!”

“Okay, I will think about it.”

She went to her room, a typical teenage room. It wasn’t the most neat room, but it wasn’t a complete chaos with a bed, surrounded in a sea of plates, CD covers, clothes both clean and dirty, books, papers, towels, shoes, toys. No, that would be more like a boy’s room. Her clothes hung up in her wardrobe, she had quite a lot. The most she had received from a generous dad, when he gave her his credit card to go shopping with Paige.

Her bed was bigger than a normal one-person bed, but smaller than a king-sized bed. Her room had 2 big windows with curtains her mum had transferred from the Middle East just before her last trip to Europe.

On her desk rested a picture of Inez and Elena of the day she came back from Europe and the day before she died.

Inez lay down on her bed and thought about the heritage she just discovered about. She thought and she thought. She decided to call someone who could help her. Afterwards, she finally came to a conclusion.

She went downstairs and her dad was relaxing in the sofa, while in the kitchen their chef was preparing lunch. They only had a chef hired on Saturday and Sunday, as on weekdays they both went to school and work, and in the evenings Max cooked something simple. But at the weekend they wanted something more sophisticated. Eduardo was a great chef; he had been there, since Inez was 4.

He was making a 5 course dinner. They always loved it. Most of the time, Eduardo would even eat with them. They were good friends.

She placed herself on the couch near her father and gave him a hug. “I made a verdict. I called someone at my school that specializes in heritages. I’m gonna give 12 million dollars to charity. That’s what I’m gonna do now. The other 100 million, I’m keeping that in the bank until my 18th birthday and then I’ll see what I will do with that.. That person at my school said that was possible to do. To give money to charity was an option, until I receive the rest of the money. But the houses and the plane and everything else, that I have now. So if you want, we could go now to Manhattan!” She laughed.

“Is that okay for you dad?” She asked.

“Of course darling! Whatever you want! You’ve made a wise decision. I always knew you were mature!” He smiled.

She went back to her room and phoned to Aidan. She was hoping he was available tomorrow. But unfortunately he was grounded. Apparently he had a little accident with the car, when he came back the day before and his parents were furious. Another time then.

<I>1 Month later</I>

Inez finished the letter and put her pen down. Liz advised her to write something to her mum, it could be a letter or a poem. But something where you would express your feelings … She wrote one, just after meeting Liz for the first time and now she had write another one. Inez read her letter once again to see if she made any mistakes.

Dear mum,

You remember who I am, right? Of course you do! I wrote you letter one month ago and I expected one back. Yeah, silly isn’t it? Expecting a letter of someone who isn’t alive anymore …

Mum, I told you this in the last letter and I told it like a thousand time in my prayers. I miss you like hell, I do, I really miss you. Especially this time of the year. Thanksgiving is coming in a few weeks and then it’s the holidays.

I miss you everyday a little more, but for some kind of reason something has helped me through everyday. The last month has been the most difficult one until now, but at the same time I had the most help I’ve had in the last three years.

Dad has changed the last month. He’s more at home than I could ever imagine. He’s still a little closed off, but he’s opening to me. He’s really trying, and for that I really love him. It hasn’t been all that easy for him, but together we are going through this.

I told you that he called the school and now I’ve got help from a guidance counsellor at my school. Her name is Liz and she ‘s really great, she’s amazing. She has been a great help and I thank God every day for that help. She’s become my best friend, we went shopping last week and a few times I went lunching with her! Normally I couldn’t do that, but since it was with Liz, I had permission from Miss Brown, the new principal at my school.

She’s really great. She just listens to me and helps me get over your death. She kept telling about it was an accident and it’s not my fault. But I still think it’s my fault. If I had gone home with you and dad that night, you’d be still alive. Then we would be a family right now. You, me, dad and little Martha!

Things with me and Aidan aren’t really progressing. I haven’t seen much of him, he was grounded for two months after he crushed his dad’s car against the mailbox of his house. What bad luck! I only saw him now and then at school, because I’ve been really busy. But we’ll see what we will do next.

Next weekend, dad and I are going to New York! Can you believe that? I always wanted to go there! And you know that dad always promised that we would go there sometime. Well, since I have a penthouse there, we are going to check it out! I saw the pictures of it last week and it’s marvellous. It has 4 bedrooms with its own bathroom, large living room with kitchen, huge balcony and it’s fully furnished. Isn’t that great? I’m taking Paige with me! Since I have the Friday free, we’re leaving on Thursday night. And we’re staying until Monday! Too bad I’ll be sick then, so I can’t go to school :D!

Yesterday we had the monthly family dinner a week early, because next week we’ll be in New York! With the family is everything okay! It was good to see everybody again. Especially grandpa and grandma, I hadn’t seen them in two months since I missed the dinner the month before because I was on a field trip with school.

Uncle Seth and aunt Eva are totally fine! Can you believe they haven been married almost 14 years? And they still look like they just married yesterday! Hannah, Katie and Regan are okay also! It was Regan’s birthday yesterday! And we had a huge cake and it was delicious. I can’t believe he’s already 6.

Not much to say about aunt Isabel and uncle Jesse. I see them almost every weekend! And the same with Evan, Melina and little Chris! Evan is going on a soccer camp this week. Again! But I went to one of his matches last weekend and he’s absolutely great! He’s very talented and I’m very proud to be his cousin.

When I saw my little cousins all together, I kinda wished I had a little brother or sister also. I know that you want that dad moves on and finds himself another girlfriend or even wife. I think someday he’ll find someone. And he will love her like he loved you. And they will get married and maybe even have kids. I would love to have a little brother or sister. But then again I feel guilty towards you , mum. Cause you were giving me a little sister and she had never the chance to experience the wonderful gift or life.

But then again, I know you mum. And you would say to me that it is okay and everything will be okay, no matter what. And you know what? I believe …

I really miss you, mum. I love you and I will never ever forget you!

Love, Inez.

She ended it and wondered what to do with it. The thought of the film ‘Mermaid’ came to her mind. The movie is about a little girl, who lost her father and sends a balloon, in the shape of a mermaid, with a letter for him to heaven. Someone finds it and answers the letter.

When Inez first saw the movie, she was ended in tears. She felt so sorry for that little girl. Little did she know, she would become in the same position as her.
She thought about it and maybe it wasn’t a bad idea to do the same. She would decide later on. She went downstairs where Eduardo was preparing an appetizing meal, something that would make you mouth-water .

Meanwhile Max was doing some groceries in the local supermarket. It was actually the first time after Elena’s death he had done that. After Inez had, he went in therapy and the therapist said he should do things he wouldn’t do normally. He followed his advice and went grocery shopping. Elena always did that.

He was looking at some cereals, when out of nowhere someone crashed into his shop carrier. The things in his hands fell on the ground. It was a young woman, couldn’t be older than 27-28, had brown hair just beneath her shoulders. When she turned around, he saw her eyes. Whow! Those were beautiful!

“Oh my god, sir, I’m sorry? Are you okay?” She asked.

“Yeah I’m okay! Thanks for asking.” He said while picking up the things on the ground.

“Need any he ..? Oh my god! Max Evans!” She said after he recognised him of a magazine.

“Excuse me?” He uttered delightfully.

“Oh sorry!!! How rude of me! I recognised you of a magazine. I know your daughter Inez. I’m the student guidance counsellor at her school!” She answered.

“You’re Liz Parker? Of course!” He said. He never pictured her being this beautiful when Inez was talking about her.

“Yeah, I am. Nice to meet you! I’m actually happy to speak to you. You have a wonderful daughter and you did a good job raising her.”

Max blushes. Wasn’t that the first time someone said that, outside his daughter? “Well, thanks! And I want to thank you for helping my daughter … She had it difficult after my wife’s death …” He went silent.

“Yeah, I’ve heard of that. I’m sorry.”

“Yeah … Well, any way. In order to thank you, I’d like you to invite you for dinner tonight, if you are available?”

“Oh … Sure. I have nothing to do tonight. What time should I come?” She had no idea if she should be doing this.

“Come with me now! It’s almost dinner time!”

“No, no! I look horrible! I need to freshen up first at home …” She stated. “It’s okay, if I’ll be with you in half an hour or so?”

“Of course!” Max offered her a smile. She smiled back! He could pays millions to see that smile on another woman’s face.

45 minutes later Liz arrived at Max’s home. He got nervous. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea. What should Inez think when she found her guidance counsellor at her doorstep? She still could leave! Inez opened the door and was surprised to see her. After the first shock she embraced her. “Liz, what are you doing here? Not that I’m not glad!”

“Well, I ran into your father in the store today and he invited me for dinner!” She told hopefully.

“Well, that explains a lot!”

“What do you mean?” Liz questioned.

“Well, for the last half hour he’s been in his bedroom. So I’m guessing he’s looking for something to wear. And he only does that when a woman is involved!”

Liz couldn’t help herself and blushed.
My Fics

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Here's the next part! Thank you all for the lovely feedback!

xxx Ivy

Hope you like this part!

Part 7

They finished eating and Liz had enjoyed a very appetizing meal. “Max, thank you for this delicious meal!”

“You don’t want to thank me! Thank Eduardo, he prepared this!” Max smiled, like he had been doing this whole dinner. During the dinner he had giving her glances the whole time.

Inez had noticed that and got thinking? Was that her dad who was showing interest in her guidance counsellor? She was actually glad with that idea, because her dad needed a new girlfriend. A girl that would appreciate him and she thought Liz would be the perfect girl. And by the way, Liz was glancing and smiling also.

“I’m gonna go back upstairs. I have some homework to do.” She told them as she left the table and walked towards the stairs.

Max was a little confused. “Inez, it’s a Saturday night! And you’re going study?”

“Yeah, so?” was the last thing she said before leaving the dinner room, she said it with a glance on her lips.

Max and Liz sat in silence for a few moments. They didn’t know what to say.

Max thought Liz was an incredible woman. She was absolutely beautiful and absolutely stunning. From the few hours he had spent with her, he could say she was very intelligent and lived life one day at a time. She had told him about her life in Montana and how she grew up on a farm, the year she travelled, college, … She was only 26, but had quite a life. Her mother died of cancer, when she was 14. She was an only child, but she grew up to be a terrific woman. She told him about her best friend Maria and that they lived together in downtown Boston. Like she told it, it sounded that Maria was almost a sister to her.

Max listened to Liz and was absolutely sure that if they met under other circumstances and if he hadn’t had a daughter, he would instantly fall in love with her. She could be everything he wanted in a woman and even more. Too bad he didn’t want to commit …

Liz was thinking the same thing. She thought Max was an amazing guy. He was incredibly cute. And he was nothing like he was described in the magazines. She wondered why Inez never told about her dad like this. He was unbelievable smart and funny. Did she already mentioned he was extremely gorgeous? Too bad he had a daughter …

Liz finally came out of the blue and spoke “Well, I should be going home …” She said while standing up from her chair. “Max, thank you for a lovely dinner!”

Max was a little disappointed. Was she already going home? And he wanted to talk a little more, now it was just the two of them. Well, another time then …

He stood up and escorted her to the door. “It was my pleasure. Maybe we should do this another time …. just the two of us …”

Liz smiled. Did he just ask her out on a date? He was too damn cute. “Sure.”
Max was overexcited! He couldn’t believe he asked that. And he even less believed that she said yes.

“Bye Max! I guess I will see you then another time.” She said … “Say hey Inez for me!”

“Bye, Liz!” He said.

Liz didn’t know what to do now. Should she leave or should she take to the chance to kiss him?

Max had the same problem … Should he or shouldn’t he?

In a rage he just gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and then he closed the door.

Liz was a little confused. He just closed the door to her without saying nothing … Well, she was she sure it was nothing … She left and got to her car.

Little did shek now that Max was hitting himself on the head. How could he be so stupid? It was a perfect moment and he just got frightened.

10 minutes later Liz arrived at her penthouse. What she didn’t know, that there was an angry Maria in their home.

“Maria, I’m home!”

Maria was sitting on the living room couch. She was laying there with a pack of chips and Liz knew something was wrong. Maria only ate chips if she was mad or if something really bad happened to her.

“So, you’re finally home? Where were you in the name of god? Did you know that I worried about you so much? You can’t just leave without saying something of leaving with a note that says ‘Went out for dinner’ … Did you have any idea what you’ve put me through the last few hours?” Wow! What is she, her dad or something? She sure sounded like her dad, when Liz was a teenager.

“Maria? Be normal … I know you’re just kidding!” Liz smiled. She knew Maria would break after this.

Maria rolled her eyes. Why does she have to see through everything she does? “Okay, okay! I wasn’t that worried. But the next time, let me know where you are … Kay, sis?”

“Sure!” Liz answered, while going to her bedroom to change. She wanted to get out of this dress! Maria followed her.

“Where did you go then tonight? Had a date with a hot guy, from work?”

“Nooo! It wasn’t actually a date … But he was a hot guy. But not a date!” Liz said.

“Whooohoh! Now, you’re making me curious! Who was this guy and why wasn’t this a date?” Maria alleged with some curiosity in her voice.

“Well, I think you know the guy! Max Evans, does that rings any bells? There was an interview in your magazine last month …”

“Whoohohoh!” Maria interrupted her. “You had dinner with Max Evans????? If I didn’t ask, were you even going to say you had a date with Max Evans?”

“It wasn’§ a date, for the zillionth time! It was just dinner and his daughter was there also …”

“So? Dinner with a guy is a date! So how did you meet him?” Maria almost flipped. “I can’t believe you had a date with Max Evans! I mean, he’s like the hottest guy on the planet. And he’s rich!”

“I ran into him when I did the groceries, okay? Nothing special!” Liz whispered. “But you do have a point about him being hot …. He’s more that hot, he’s …. Aaargh! I don’t have any words for it!”

The two girls erupted out in laughing! “Soo, Liz, What’s he like?”

Meanwhile in the Evans’ household…

Max walked over to Inez’s room. He knew she wouldn’t do homework on Saturday night. She had never done that, so why should she do that now? He was right.

He slowly opened the door and there she was on her bed, with headphones over her ears and her eyes closed listening to music.

He little by little walked over to her and took her headset. She was totally surprised and yelled. “Dad, what are you doing here?”

“Just checking on my little girl, I thought maybe she could need some help with her home work!” He said sarcastically.

Inez rolled her eyes and smiled. He turned on the radio on a soft level and listened to it. Then she turned around to her dad. “So, where’s Liz?”

“Oh, she went home!”

“Already?” She asked. “Well, anyway … Did something happened?”

“Happen?” Max didn’t know what her daughter was talking about.

“Oh come on dad … Don’t give me that look. I saw the two of you glancing during dinner … Did you kiss her?”

Max was shocked. She just asked her if she kissed Liz while thinking Inez would be the last person in the world who would have wanted that to happen.

“NO!” Max quickly stated. “I’ve only known the girl for a few hours, how do you thi…” He stopped when he saw Inez walking over to the radio to turn it louder.

This thing called love I just can’t handle it
This thing called love I must get round to it
I ain’t ready
Crazy little thing called love
This (this thing) called love
(called love)
It cries (like a baby)
In a cradle all night
It swings (woo woo)
It jives (woo woo)
It shakes all over like a jelly fish,
I kinda like it

“Oh, I love this song!” Inez said while silently singing the lyrics.

There goes my baby
She knows how to rock n’ roll
She drives me crazy
She gives me hot and cold fever
Then she leaves me in a cool cool sweat

Max vaguely remembered the words. But couldn’t place it where he heard that song before … He wondered why Inez loved this song so much.

“This was the first song mum ever sung to me … I was two I think, and her favourite aunt just died and needed someone to comfort her. Guess I was the one …” Smiling “Well, anyway … Every since that she sang it to me when I was feeling a little sad … The last time she sang it to me, was the night she died … And I never had the courage to listen to it again ever since the accident … This is actually the first time I’ve heard it in three years.”

I gotta be cool relax, get hip
Get on my track’s
Take a back seat, hitch-hike
And take a long ride on my motor bike
Until I’m ready

“So, why are you listening to it now?” Max questioned her.

“Well, Liz told me to remember the little things in life that meant a lot to me … Those will be the most important things in your life …” She whispered.

I gotta be cool relax, get hip
Get on my track’s
Take a back seat, hitch-hike
And take a long ride on my motor bike
Until I’m ready (ready freddie)

This thing called love I just can’t handle it
This thing called love I must get round to it
I ain’t ready

They continued to listen to the song until the last word faded away.

“Dad?”

“Yeah, Inez?”

“If you are going to date Liz, please tell me that you are doing that. And don’t keep in a secret for me …” He gently told.

“Of course not … But I don’t even know if I’ll be doing that!”

“Oh please dad, I know you already asked her out on a date. No doubt!” She almost yelled.

Max was again shocked. His daughter knew too much about him. He knew him too well. “You’re some wise kid, you know that!”

Inez smiled. “Just treat her well, dad. Liz is a sweet girl and she deserves the best … You deserve the best!”

That meant a lot to him. His daughter gave him a blessing to date a woman that for once he’s actually interested in. “Thanks Inez!”

Max went downstairs and decided to listen to some music. He calmed his nerves and thought to all the things that happened this night.

When it was almost 11 PM, he decided to go to sleep.

He laid in his bed and thought about Liz. It was some weird night. He felt of these things he hadn’t felt in a very long time. He wasn’t surprised of these feelings, only of the fact that they were coming this fast. He never wanted to kiss a girl on the same day he met her. He had known her for only a few hours, but it felt like an eternity. Liz already changed and helped Inez a lot, he was sure that she was doing the same thing to him right now. He didn’t know what to do with it, but he certainly didn’t want to fight it. It was too long since he felt like this.

In another part of town, Liz was feeling the same thing.
My Fics

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

New part! Hope you like this! Thanks for the lovely feedback!

xxx Ivy

Part 8

The next morning Max woke up with a smile on his face. He hadn’t had a good night sleep like this for as long as he could remember. The first thing that came to mind was Liz … the beautiful brunette he barely knew, but still she had managed to let his heart bounce a little harder. And the best thing of all, he didn’t want to fight it and certainly wasn’t scared of it.

It was a Sunday and Max promised Inez that they would have a father-daughter day. Until Elena died, they had done these two times a month on Sunday. Max thought it would be a good thing to do and to improve the relationship with his daughter.

First, he didn’t know what to do. He hadn’t done this in a very long time. He asked Liz for help the day before. Inez was still upstairs when he asked. She suggested that that maybe they could do something that they used to do all the time. Then, they would catch up with their memories and they would feel ever more at ease with each other. Max thought for awhile and found the perfect thing.

He got up from his bed and took a long cold shower. A cold shower would wake him up and would put all his sorrows aside from a few moments, even if it was only a minute. He loved taking that kind of shower.

After his shower, he dressed and went downstairs to the kitchen where Inez had made him a whole breakfast for him. “Good morning, dad!” She spoke eagerly. “Are you finally coming downstairs? I thought it would take forever for you to come here …”

Max looked at his watch. It wasn’t that late. It was only 9.30 AM. “It’s not late! You must have been here forever!”

Inez rolled her eyes. Maybe, she thought. “I’ve only been here since 8 AM!”

Max gave his daughter a funny look and laughed. The two family members went to the breakfast table and ate their breakfast. When they finished, Inez cleaned the table. Max offered help, but she refused. But Max, as stubborn as he is, just helped.

“So dad, what have you planned for us today?” She asked.

“Well …” He paused. He didn’t say anything for a while and Inez got curious. “You’ll just have to wait until we go!

Inez got even nosier. She hated it when he didn’t want to tell something. “Can you at least tell me when we are going? Then I know when I have to be ready!”

“You don’t have to be worry about that! If you are ready at 6 PM, we have more than enough time!”

“So we are doing an evening activity?” Inez presumed.

“Yeah, so you can do what you want the rest of the day!”

Inez said she would think about it. She went upstairs and dressed. She decided to take a short walk.

Meanwhile Max was in the mood for a swim. They only had a swimming pool outside, and since it was autumn, the water would be cold. But it wasn’t. They had sort of a machine that would keep the water clean the entire year and would keep it nice and warm. So they could swim the whole year long if they wanted to.

Max hadn’t had a swim in quite some period. But the new things that were happening in his life were occasions for him to go swimming.

He jumped in the pool and swam a few rounds when he started noticing someone was looking at him.

There in the sunlight she stood there. Liz Parker. She was just breathtaking, one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. Maybe the most beautiful. She was wearing a simple pair of jeans that fitted her perfectly and her baby blue cardigan that accented her eyes. Simply beautiful were the only words to describe her. He finally woke out of his daydream when he heard her sweet voice.

“Hey Max. I hope you don’t mind. But I forgot my purse yesterday and when I rang the doorbell, nobody answered and the door was open. So I thought …”

Max smiled. She was adorable when she was rambling. “Of course I don’t mind. You can come whenever you want!”

Liz couldn’t help but smile. What was it about him that made her smile. Was it his words? Was it his eyes? Or was it just the fact that he smiled and she did the same?

“Your purse is on the kitchen table, by the way!”

Liz turned around and through the kitchen window she saw it lying there. She went to get it and when she arrived back outside, he was still in the pool.

It was that moment that Liz noticed his body. He was sexy as hell! His whole torso was filled with muscles. Liz thought about how it would feel if she touched it. She was disturbed by the sound of Max coming out of the water.

“So …”

“Yeah, so …”

“Wanna join me?”

Liz was a little surprised by the sound of his question. It was autumn and he asked her to come and swim in his pool. Those were two non-logical facts. It jus didn’t make sense. But it was not like she didn’t want to.

“I would love it. But I can’t, I don’t have my bikini with me!”

Max grinned. He already thought he would say that. But for problems like this he had a solution.

“You don’t have to worry about that. We have a bunch of new bikinis in the guestroom. You can pick one out.”

Of course, Liz thought, there were always bikinis. But why not?

Liz laughed about it. “If I even consider to join you in the pool, where would that guestroom be?”

Max smirked at her comment. “If you do on the stairs, it’s the room at the end at the hall on your right, next to my bedroom. The bikinis are in the top drawer!”

Liz finally decided to just let her heart speak. She simpered and went inside.

10 minutes and a few bikinis later, she came back downstairs to the pool. She had chosen a blue bikini that was almost identical as the colour of her sweater. She also took a dressing gown, because she assumed it was cold outside.

In the pool Max was lying with his eyes closed on air mattress. He was adorable as he lied there. “So, do you approve?” She spoke while showing her bikini to Max as he opened his eyes. Max was stunned. Absolutely awe-inspiring.

Liz saw the look in his eyes and she concluded that he was more than okay with it. She jumped in the water, causing Max to be covered in the water. Liz realised the water was warm; she thought it would be lukewarm.

“Whoh, you look …. Amazing. Really beautiful, I must say!”

Liz blushed. Did he call her beautiful? He swam towards her at the border. He came dangerously close to each other.

They looked into each other and they both saw it. The sparkle in their eyes that neither of them hadn’t noticed before and didn’t experience in some time.

Liz wanted to kiss Max.

Max wanted to kiss Liz.

They both wanted it and they both leaned closer against each other. Max situated one hand on her cheek, the other hand pushed the hair out of her face. Liz laid her hands on his back. More and more came their lips closer to each other.

The moment their lips touched, they heard “Dad, I’m home!” and Max jumped away.

Inez POV

<I>I walk outside the door of my house. It’s kind of a big house, I realise now as I look at it while walking backwards.

When dad asked last Monday of what I would think of a father-daughter day, I first thought he was kidding. But he was really serious. He really wanted to have father-daughter day. It must have been years since we’ve had one.

But it’s not like I don’t want it, total the opposite. I can’t wait. I used to enjoy those day so much. They are precious memories.

But I wonder what we are going to do … Dad said it was going to be an evening activity. And I think I know what we are going to do. If it is what I think, I’m going to have a lot of fun!

But it’s only in the evening, not a whole day. So I’m going to suggest that dad and me are going to have a picnic. He could even invite Liz if he wants to. Yes, Liz! I saw the way the two looked at each other last night and I can’t help it but hope that something’s gonna happen between the two of them. They look adorable together.

I still can’t believe that dad didn’t kiss her. Normally he’s all for ‘Kissing on the first date’. Well, things change. Maybe he has some good reason for it.

I walk a short tour in the streets of Boston and I realise I’m back home. I enter my house and I don’t see dad anywhere. I look at the clock. I have been walking for the last 40 minutes, and it was going to be a short walk!

I look outside and I see dad lying outside on his air mattress. He’s talking to someone. That someone is in bikini! Strange … I take a better look and realise it is Liz.

He probably made her go swimming, because I know for sure that is one of the bikinis out of the guestroom.

Liz jumps in the pool and dad swims towards her. He goes seriously close to her and I understand what they are going to do. I begin to panic. This is not what I want, and before I know it, the words are out my mouth. “Dad, I’m home!” And I see that dad jumped away.

I come back into this world and I realise what I just did. My dad and my guidance counsellor were going to kiss and I guess I freaked out. My conscience took over.

My dad is going to be so angry if he finds out. So now I’m doubting if I should tell him or not.

I’ll decide later. I say hi to dad and Liz who both look a little awkward and I go upstairs to my room. </I>

Inez just said hi and went to room. Max didn’t know what to do. The moment was broken and he didn’t know what Liz thought. He still wanted to kiss her.

He got out of the pool. Liz did the same. She went upstairs and changed.

15 minutes later she entered the kitchen, where Max and Inez were talking. “Come on, dad! It’s a good idea! We haven’t gone on a picnic in awhile!”

Max wasn’t really in the mood for the picnic. But he saw that is daughter really wanted to do that. So he finally gave in. They would have a picnic. It wasn’t until then that he noticed that Liz was there. She came towards them. Whoh, was the only thought in his mind.

Inez saw the glances between Max and Liz and rolled her eyes. Oh god please, she thought. Maybe she had made a mistake earlier that day … She wondered what would have happened if she didn’t say something. Maybe she could make it up. “Liz, you could come with us! That is a good idea!”

Liz was a little overwhelmed. It was another thing she was invited to. “Well, I don’t know … Maria would be alone the whole day and …” She hesitated.

The plan must work. So Inez tried to pushing her into doing it. “Come on, Liz it will be fun! And you promised me that we would do something together. Now we’ll do something, only dad will join us!”
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Fics

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Finally a new part!
I took way to long.
Hope you like it!

xxx Ivy

PS you can expect a new part of Yellow very soon :D

Part 9

Liz finally gave in. She was already having a date with Max someday, so he might as well go with them right now.

But first she needed to go back home, get changed and inform Maria about her plans. She was not going to be happy with it!

“That’s wonderful news! You should wear something hot! You have all the qualities to seduce him!” She mumbled while storming into Liz’s bedroom to search for something nice to wear.

That was not what Liz expected.

“Maria … I’m not going to seduce him.” She told her. “That won’t be necessary.” She whispered, believing that Maria wouldn’t here it. But she did.

“Something happened, didn’t it?” She asked. Liz tried to avoid her eyes. “You kissed him! You kissed Max Evans!”

“NOOO! We didn’t kiss!” She defended herself. “We almost did, but not completely. Just at the moment we were going to, Inez came and interrupted us.”

Maria listened with big eyes when Liz told the story about what happened earlier that morning. “Speaking of ironic!”

Liz gave her a big eyes look and finally decided on a jeans skirt of just above the knee and a pink vest with a white shirt beneath it. It wasn’t that cold today, so a skirt should be nice and not too cold.

Maria looked at her with a face ‘You are not going to wear that to hit on a single guy who you almost kissed, right?’.

“Maria, I’m not gonna change. Besides, it’s not only Max and me. Inez is joining us.”

“Oh …” Was all that came out of Maria’s mouth.

Liz left the penthouse and arrived 10 minutes later at the Evans home. She noticed there was a car standing on the drive. It wasn’t there when she left.

Max said she could enter when she got back, so she did it. Nobody was in the kitchen, but she heard voices in the living room and went there.

She just stood there some time and she saw there was a young woman there and she recognized her from some pictures in the house. Then from outside there came a young girl of 4-5 years came running into the living room. A couple of seconds later Inez entered carrying a little baby.

“Mommy, mommy! Inez wanted to throw me in the pool! She’s a bad girl.” She was too sweet.
Liz decided that it was time to come out of the picture and entered the living room. Everyone looked when she came in. “Liz, you made it!” Inez said while giving the baby back to the woman.

Max looked Liz in the eyes and smiled. Liz looked back and smiled herself. Everyone in the room noticed the exchange between the two, even the little girl. “Hey Liz! This is Isabel, my sister! That little girl is my godchild, Melina! And this little handsome is little Chris!” Max told while caressing Chris’s cheek on his face and taking him over from Isabel. Chris giggled.

Isabel walked over to Liz and took her in a hug. “Max and Inez told me so much about you, that I feel like I know you personally!”

“Nice to meet you too!” Liz replied.

Isabel took Chris back over from Max. She slowly walked to the door. “Well, I have to go now. Jesse is waiting for me at home. Liz, it’s good to have meet you and I hope that I’ll see you again some other time.” She said while blinking at Max. “Max, you know Michael’s coming tomorrow right? And we’re having dinner at my house at 8 PM! And Liz you can come to!”

Liz hadn’t got the time to react, because before she could respond Isabel already left the house.

Outside Isabel was putting Melina and Chris on the back seat, while Melina asked. “Mommy, is Liz Uncy Max’s new girlfriend?”

If Melina already noticed, then Inez sure would have noticed. And she didn’t know if that was a good thing of a bad thing.

Back inside, Inez was in the kitchen preparing the picnic basket.

In the living room Max and Liz were seated next to each other and the tension in the air was a little awkward. They both didn’t know what to say or what to do. Liz finally broke the silence. “Isabel seems nice!”

“Yeah, she is. And her kids are so adorable. Evan, Melina and Chris are the cutest kids you could imagine. I don’t think I could miss them. They’re very precious to me!”

“Yeah I could see it.” Liz sighed. “I wish I would ever have such kids as Isabel’s!”

Max smiled. If Liz would have kids, they would be just like their mother. Beautiful, sweet, intelligent and most of all, very kind and they would smile at everything and they would always look at the bright side of life. “I’m sure they will!”

Liz knew she shouldn’t be asking the question she was going to ask, but she had to know. “Do you want to have another kids?”

This was actually the first time someone had asked him this question since Elena’s death. She was the only woman she would even considered having kids with. They already had one beautiful daughter and were expecting another one. But now he thought about it … He wanted to have kids. He seriously wanted to have a son. And maybe another girl … The thoughts in his mind were confusing for him. “Yeah, I guess so. I always thought I would have at least three kids. And I think Inez would love it if she had another brother or sister. She adores her cousins, but she wants to have a little sibling of her own … I’m just waiting for the right person I guess. But I don’t know if I’ll will find her!”

Liz was touched by his words. She couldn’t think of anything else than lowering her head towards his face and try to kiss his lips, when … “Dad, you know where the jam is? I can’t find it!”

And Liz and Max jumped away from each other.

Inez didn’t realise she had done something and just finished preparing the picnic basket.

Meanwhile the clock beated 1 time. It was already 1 PM and they started to get hungry. 20 minutes later they arrived at the park.

They ate their picnic talking about life and how beautiful the day was. Inez noticed that was happened between Max and Liz, because they were constantly busy trying to avoid each other’s look. She wondered if she had anything to do with it. Inez realised they needn’t to talk to each other. She devised an excuse to get away, so the two would be left behind.

Inez decided to take a walk around the park. It had been a long time since she had walked here. It evoked all of these emotions and memories. When she was little she always came here with her mum.

<I> “Look mummy! If gave the ducks some bread and now they’re coming to me for me!” 7 year old cried out, laughing!” </I>

This was also the place where she met Paige, her best friend, for the first time. Paige had been a shelter for the times Inez had it difficult and she certainly a safe haven after her mother’s death. She couldn’t remember why she hadn’t seen her at all this weekend. Normally they would get together every weekend.

She went sitting on a bench near the pond in the middle of the park. She looked around her and saw little children play with their mum, with friends. Some parents were teaching their kids to ride a bike. Others were walking with them. Some kids were feeding the ducks in the water. The other wise calm water became wrinkled when the ducks and other birds came buzzed to the little children.

Inez couldn’t hold her tears any longer when she saw all this images and realised she could never have these kind of moments with her mum.

She didn’t saw the person coming towards her. “Care if I join you?”

Inez looked up and saw it was Aidan. “Oh Aidan, hi! Sure you can come and join me!”

Aidan went sitting next to Inez and for the first few minutes he didn’t say anything. He saw that Inez was crying and decided that she need some time for herself.

“You want to talk about it?” He asked. They hadn’t got a real chance to talk the last month. But his dad gave him permission to go for a walk for an hour or so and he just had the luck that Inez was here.

“Oh well … no … yes … I don’t know!” Inez hesitated and she fell back into tears. “I miss her! I really miss her. Why was it her! It’s not fair; it is just not fair. It shouldn’t have been her; it shouldn’t have been! It should have been that stupid bastard that did that! Why did God punish her? She didn’t do anything wrong! Nothing!” She cried even more.

Aidan took her head and laid it on his shoulder. That was all she needed right now … A shoulder to cry one until all her tears were gone and she would be a bit more calmed down. “There, there! It will be all right, it will all right! Just cry all you want. Nobody’s here to judge …”

Back at the picnic basket, Liz and Max were staring at the blue sky. “Beautiful, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it is!” Liz responded.

“Have you ever got the sense that you think everything is wrong and not as it should be? But when you stare at a blue sky like this, you just know that everything will be all right …” Max said, daydreaming.

“Yeah, I know the feeling.” She replied while turning her head towards Max’s side. He did the same and so they were looking deep into each other’s thoughtful eyes. “You really loved Elena, right?”

Max sighed. “Yeah, I did. I still do. She was my reason to stand up in the morning, she made me laugh when I thought I couldn’t smile anymore, she was the first thought that came to my mind, she gave me a sense of security, she made me believe that everything will work itself out if you have faith, she respected me, she was my best friend, she was … She was my everything.”

Liz understood at that exact moment that Max would always love his late wife. He might fall in love with a new woman, and he might love her as much as Elena; but nothing could be compared with your first love. It was something that will influence you for the rest of your life. You might come over your first love, but you will never forget them. You know what they say …

<I>It takes a minute to have a crush on someone,
an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone...
but it takes a lifetime to forget someone. </I>

And Max without doubt wouldn’t. And Liz realised that that day had already occurred. But the question was right now, what was she going to do about it? She didn’t even know if she felt the same.

Max just let his mind speak. If he ever wanted to live his life again he had to do right now what his hear told him to do. He slided her hair out of her face and pressed his lips against hers. And this time there was no Inez to interrupt them.
My Fics