Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

deleted
Last edited by Zendorox on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lurkers Creed:
'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool ...
... Than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Corinne_85
Enthusiastic Roswellian

In need of BETA

Post by Corinne_85 »

Been toying with an idea and have finally started writing, but will need a beta soon once I finish punching out my first couple of chapters. Figured it would be good to post this now in hopes of having a beta set up for when I'm done.

The story is AU w/ no Aliens, it will be my first fic so I figured I should go easy with a comedy/fluff piece, not sure if it is going to go mature or not. It will be Liz POV and UC more then likely polar. I'm not sure if it will stay fluffy or if I will take it deeper. Still conceptualizing (look at that monster of a word! My college tuition is finally paying off woo hoo) the whole story.

I will mostly need someone for grammar, spelling, and any inconsistencies within the story, with a look out for my magically changing tenses.

Basically it is close to liz's b-day and they (Alex, Maria, Kyle and Liz) are going up to lake cabin to celebrate her 21st and their last summer as students. They will all graduate from college that next spring so they plan to live it up. There they meet the pod squad in an unusual way. Naturally mayhem and love happens.

Here is a excerpt of what I have started writing:

‘What is that smell?” Maria asked as she turned around from the front seat.

And that’s when it hit me, it was a mix between a dead animal and rotten eggs, truly horrible. ‘Oh my god Maria he took his shoes off!’ I cant help but screech. I thwack Kyle as hard as I can in the arm to wake him up. “Put those shoes on now!” I point at his feet while attempting to hold my nose, as well as use my elbow to press the button to roll down the window, in a wild search for fresh air.

“No need to get violent Liz, though I kind of like it when you hit me. Hit me again baby!” Kyle says while winking in my direction.

“That is soo nasty! I do not need to be reminded of the time the two of you lost your minds and dated back in sophomore year of high school. I still have nightmares.” Maria whines. I can only sit and roll my eyes as I watch Maria shutter for added emphasis.

-End quote-

Any takers?
Minds like parachutes work only when open.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Hi! :D

I'm in the process of completing one story and getting ready to switch my focus to another work in progress. I pretty much need someone to correct my grammatical errors and let me bounce ideas off them. The story I need a beta for is Apocalypse

It's a CC fic that's pretty much a time traveling fic that starts years after Departure and goes back to The End of the World. If interested then just pm'd me. Thanks a lot.

TAKEN
Last edited by vegas312 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keyelee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Beta wanted...

Post by keyelee »

The fic is called Failure by Design. I have the first 2 parts posted, and it is AU without aliens, M/L & CC. Please PM me if you are interested.

jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

vegas312 wrote:Hi! :D

I'm in the process of completing one story and getting ready to switch my focus to another work in progress. I pretty much need someone to correct my grammatical errors and let me bounce ideas off them. The story I need a beta for is Apocalypse

It's a CC fic that's pretty much a time traveling fic that starts years after Departure and goes back to The End of the World. If interested then just pm'd me. Thanks a lot.
PMed you, Cam. :D
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Ladeia3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Need a beta

Post by Ladeia3 »

Hey all..

I'm extremely embarrassed to realize that I've been MIA for TWO years! I just cannot believe how fast time has flown. One thing or another has gotten in the way.

Anyway, I'm starting to work on my fics again and realized that I desparately need a beta if I'm going to repost them. The one I'm focusing on now is Heart's Desire . In Word this fic is already at 140 pages and it's only about half way done. If someone wants to help me clean what I already written and beta future chapters, I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks so much
Ladeia[/url]
Lulù
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lulù »

Hi everyone! I'm Italian and my name's Lulù. I'n new on this board so I hope to not get wrong posting here :oops: I'm crazy for Roswell and Max&Liz are my sweet drug :roll:

I wrote a fic in Italy and it's already complete. My Italian friends insist that I have to post that here too. So now I'm starting to translate the fic into English for you. The title is "Second life". It's canon, M/L and CC, post Graduation, 51 parts + epilogue.

Now I need a beta reader VERY patient to correct my sure grammatical errors.... I previously apologize for my bad English :(

Can you pm, if you're interested? Thank you as of now :wink:

*kisses*

Lulù
Last edited by Lulù on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIP

Second Life

Banner credit: Nutella
Image Romantic Strawberry Sexual Dreamer Image
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

Hi I need a beta for my fanfic Simple is as Simple Comes.

Basically it's a Dark Angel XO with Liz as X5 execpt she doesn't remember anything prior to the escape. There is more plot to it but I don't want to give it away so if you're interested PM me and I'll pm you the rest of the plot.

Idealliy I'd like someone for spelling and knowledge of both shows as I've only watched a couple of eppys of DA.
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

I'm in need for a new beta, 'coz my current beta hasn't the time anymore. It's for my story "Fear and love" http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=14638 . It should be someone with a lot of patience since my mothertongue isn't english but german and I make a lot of grammatical mistakes :lol:
big prince Leo Alsandair Aidyn Galahad Colin 12.08.2007
little prince Robin Faramir Gawain Diarmad Finlay 18.05.2009

little princess Eowyn Morgaine Nevialani Caitlin Valerie 15.05.2012
Behrystrwbry
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrystrwbry »

Never mind on this for the time being

I am going to need a beta for an AU CC fic without aliens. I don't have a title for it yet, but I know what it will be about.

I want to write a fiction about the possibility of a Roswell movie. Not continuation of the Roswell canon mind you, but a behind the scenes look at what might go on.

I know what you are thinking; 'how is that possible without going against he rules and involving the actors?' Well what I plan to do is use the characters from the show. Meaning Max Evans would play a J. Behr-like character, and Liz a S. Appleby-like character etc... of coarse adjustments will be made where necessary. I don't want to give too much away but I'd be using some aspects that are purely fictional, and others will be based on rumors and gossip I've read about in one place or another.

What I need is beta will listen to my crazy ideas while I bang out an outline. And once I start writing, check over parts as they come, and suggest revisions.

Anyone who thinks they could seriously be interested please pm me for more details.

B.
Last edited by Behrystrwbry on Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I spy with my little eye something that starts with B.