What Can't Be (UC, Maria/Valenti, Adult, 1/1) [COMPLETE]

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

gnrkrystle
Obsessed Roswellian

What Can't Be (UC, Maria/Valenti, Adult, 1/1) [COMPLETE]

Post by gnrkrystle »

What Can’t Be

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell…yadda yadda yadda…
Rating: Adult
Coupling: Maria/Valenti
Summary: Maria asks Jim to help her write a song for her demo…you’ll have to read to find out.
Spoilers: Take place after Chant Down Babylon…Maria had decided to make her own demo…
A/N: Ok…this is my first attempt at Maria/Valenti…I’ve always wanted to write one, but I couldn’t quite wrap my mind around a concept…but I have one now…PLEASE leave me feedback…I’m not a beggar, but I really would like to know what you all think about this one…

Maria looked into the mirror at her vanity. She took a deep breath and opened her make-up bag. She pulled out her eyeliner and began applying it. Her hand was slightly shaky and she tried to get herself under control. Why was she so nervous?

She knew exactly why. She was going to go over to Jim Valenti’s house for his help. She had asked him to help her write a couple songs for her demo, and they were going to begin working together…closely…alone. Her heart raced at the thought of it. Sure, she had always thought Kyle’s dad was an attractive older man, but as time passed and he was thrown into her life, through his involvement with the aliens, her attraction grew into something else.

She was just a stupid senior in high school, who had a high school crush on one of her best friend’s fathers. She felt stupid, but that didn’t help the fact that her nerves were in overdrive as she finished her make-up.

She pulled on her coat and grabbed her keys on the way out the door. She hoped into her Jetta and drove down the road to the Valenti’s.

When she pulled into the driveway, she saw Kyle’s Mustang and frowned slightly. What the hell was he doing here? He was supposed to be with Max and Isabel tonight. Maybe he was saving her. Saving her from making an ass of herself without even knowing it.

Maria climbed out of the car and walked up to the door, and knocked nervously. Kyle opened the door and smiled. “Dad’s still upstairs,” he said sitting on the couch to tie his shoes.

“Going somewhere?” Maria asked nonchalantly.

“Yeah, staying at Max’s,” he said. He had actually become pretty good friends with Max. “We are going to hang out with Isabel and Jesse tonight,” he said standing up. “DAD!” he called. “MARIA’S HERE!” he called before walking over to the door. “Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow at the Crash probably,” he said before leaving.

Maria took a nervous breath and looked around the living room. She sat down on the old couch and waited for Jim to come down. Finally, she heard him skip down the stairs. She looked up at him and couldn’t keep the smile off here face. He looked amazing. He had poured himself into his tightest jeans, and a crisp plaid shirt. “Maria,” he greeted warmly at her.

“Hey,” she said pushing a stay hair behind her ear. They looked at each other for a while, their eyes never leaving each other, until finally Maria looked down and said, “So, thank you for doing this for me,” she said.

“It’s no problem,” Jim said motioning to the couch. “I’m actually honored that you want my help,” he chuckled to himself. He was way beyond flattered.

“Well, I really respect you as a musician,” Maria said honestly. She knew that the country western band was not the real Jim Valenti. She knew that his passion was Rock and Roll with intricate theory and mind-blowing lyrics. “I just have no idea where to begin. I don’t want all of my songs to be about my break up with Michael, and that is how they are all turning out,” she said with a smile.

Jim smiled back and Maria’s heart fluttered. “Well, lets see what we can do,” he said picking up his guitar and handing it to Maria. “You want to work on lyrics first or music?”

“Lyrics,” she said, “The music comes easily. It’s the lyrics I’m really struggling with.”

Jim nodded, “That sounds great.” He said smiling at her again. Maria couldn’t stop looking at the man next to her. He was so close, and she could smell his aftershave. It was deep, rich, and distinctly a MAN’s scent. It took over her senses. “What I think we need to start about is your muse, or motivation.” He said, reluctantly tearing his eyes away from Maria’s.

“Well, there’s the break up with Michael,” she said biting her lip. She had already gotten a few songs out of that, and frankly she wasn’t that broken up about it. Of course it was very heard to think about Michael when Jim Valenti was next to her, assaulting her senses.

Jim grunted, and then recovered. He liked Michael, but he figured Maria was better off without him. All Michael seemed to give her was heartache. She was better than that. She deserved better. Maria’s eyes shot up at Jim. What was that grunt for? She wondered. “Well, that’s a good start, Maria.” He answered slowly, “But what else can you think of?”

Maria looked at her hands. He didn’t really want to know what was going on in her head. He was a nice guy, but she was positive he could care less about her problems and issues. Valenti’s hand reached out and gently lifted Maria’s chin to look him in the eye. “You can trust me, Maria,” he said softly, and Maria just wanted to melt right into the feeling of his fingers on her skin.

She nodded and began to tell him, off the top of her head what was bothering her in her life. “I’m worried about graduating.” She said, “I mean, I dedicated so much time to the pod-squad and Michael that I am barely passing, if that. I’m worried about the future. I have no skills, and I can’t get into college. My mother hasn’t been home in months.” She listed everything that made her depressed, one by one. “I…I have to watch Liz and Max, Isabel and Jesse swoon all over each other all day everyday, and all I want is to have some one to love, who loves me back.” She said, her eyes beginning to fill with tears.

Jim watched her mesmerized. “What about Michael?” he couldn’t help but ask. He was supposed to be listening, but he had to know. Did she love him? Or was it that she did love him, but Michael didn’t love her back?

Maria looked back at her feet and thought, then she turned to Jim. “Michael and I are two very different people. And I’m not talking about our origins. I have dreams and goals that I can’t let go of like Liz. I want to travel, be happy, have fun…LIVE. Michael will always be tied to Roswell as well as Max and Isabel. But more than that, I think Michael and I were infatuated with each other because we were attracted to each other, and we liked to fight. That’s a turn on,” she admitted blushing.

She no longer felt like she was talking to Kyle’s dad, but Jim one of her good friends. A friend that could actually offer her some perspective, as he had life experience with these sort of relationship problems. “So we got together. I was the only human who knew his secret that was available, and he was the only alien available. We paired off. I grew to care about him, and he grew to care about me. When we made love and he stayed back on earth for me, I thought that was love. What happened was that I confused sex with love, and I confused love with a caring friendship.” Maria sighed.

Jim rubbed her back lightly, “Maria, I think it is very good that you have realized all of this.” He smiled at her. “And, alien issues aside, you are not alone in your situation. If you could get a grasp on these feelings and bang out a song or two, you could really connect with a large audience.”

Maria smiled brightly at him. He loved that smile. It was so full of life. Maria was so full of life. He remembered when he asked her to join the Kit Shickers. He knew that she would bring the house down because no matter who you were, Maria DeLuca could bring you to your knees. Michael had been a lucky, lucky man and Jim would never understand why he didn’t appreciate what he had until it was too late.

“Really?” she asked excitedly. Her entire mood changed. When he had first seen her, she was reserved, almost nervous. He had never seen her like that before. Now she was plain old Maria. She was the Maria he had fallen for a while ago. He knew he was wrong for it. That every wet dream and dirty thought he had about her was not only BARLEY legal, but wrong. He was in his late 40s, she was just 18, not to mention his son was one of her best friends.

“Yep,” he said coming back to reality. “Look, why don’t you write out a couple pages of exactly how you feel about what your relationship with Michael was, and then tomorrow we can get a song structure down.”

Maria nodded excitedly, but hen realized that this would mean she had no excuse to stay. She didn’t want to leave. She wanted to stay close to Valenti. Her mom wasn’t home, and she COULD hang out at Isabel and Jesse’s but she really didn’t want to. Before she could give it much though, Valenti asked, “Your mother still out of town?”

Maria nodded sadly. “Well, it isn’t good for you to stay there alone. Why don’t you stay here tonight? You can take Kyle’s room.” He said with a smile. Maria nearly did a back flip, she was so excited. But of course he invited her to stay. He used to be a sheriff after all. He was the father figure of the group, he was just protecting her. It was instinct.

“Thank you,” she smiled brightly.

“Would you like to watch a movie?” Jim asked, feeling like an ass. It was like he was in high school all over again, asking a girl to the movies. Only this girl was the most beautiful woman he had ever met, and the movie would take place in his house, on his couch, in the dark. The thought of it sent chills down his spine.

“Yeah,” Maria said, but then she stopped and put up her finger, “But if you make me watch Matrix, Crouching Tiger, or Braveheart like Michael, Kyle, and Max make me watch all the time, I have to warn you, I could get violent,” she laughed.

“Ok, well there are the movies,” Jim said pointing at the bottom shelf on the entertainment center. “You pick the movie,” he was only too happy to watch whatever she wanted. He didn’t think he’d be paying much attention to it in the first place.

Maria looked through the movies and decided on Thelma and Louise. “It’s a chick flick, but it’s got action,” she said to Jim as she popped it in the DVD player.

“That’s fine,” he smiled at her. “I like that movie. Would you like a drink before we start?” he asked getting up.

“No, I’m fine,” she said. “Just going to go to the bathroom really quick,” she said. As she closed the door behind her she looked at her reflection, she fixed her eye make up that hand only gotten slightly smudged in her emotional revelation. She gave herself a little pep talk and then went back out into the living room.

“Ready?” Jim asked, as he sat down on the couch. Maria nodded and smiled as she flipped off the lights and sat down next to him. She sat closer than she needed to, but what the hell, if all else failed and she freaked him out, she could always blame ome sort of medication.

Jim pressed play and leaned back. As they watched the movie, Maria’s eyes constantly went back to Jim. She looked at his profile in the glow of the TV. His features were so rugged and well…manly. That was the best word to describe him. He was a man. He was not a boy, and she wanted him.

Slowly, Maria’s hand crept closer to his. She didn’t know what she was doing, but with the little power she still held on her emotions, she could not will her body to stop. She lightly brushed her fingertips over the top of his fingers and heard his breath catch slightly. This was it, she thought, he’s going to freak out.

But what he did, surprised her. He turned his hand over and laced his fingers with her, making light circles with his thumb on the smooth skin of the top of her hand. Maria’s heart raced. She willed her breath to even out and they sat like that for what seemed like hours.

In reality, it was only minutes. That’s how long it took Maria to make the next move. She scooted closer to Jim, letting go of his hand and leaned into him, resting her head on his muscular chest. She could hear his heart racing and she smiled. She had an effect on him, and that made her ecstatic.

Jim immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulder and rested his thumb on the smooth skin of her arm. Maria was in heaven. His skin on hers, no matter how little, sent her into a blissful shock. She wrapped her arms around him, resting her hand on his lower abdomen. They tried to watch the movie again, to no avail.

Maria felt Jim’s hand rub her arm, ever so lightly, sneeking his fingers under the sleeves of her shirt. Maria sighed and snuggled in closer to him, rubbing her hand over his tight stomach. As she got a little bolder, she gently pulled the front of his shirt out of his pants. She reached her hand under his shirt and gently messaged his smooth skin.

His breath was coming out in pants, and Maria dared to look up at the man she had wanted for so long, as his own hand slipped down behind her and played with the silky skin of her sides. As she looked up at him, he looked down at her and they stared at each other with pure lust in their eyes.

Maria sat up straighter until she was just inches away from his lips. He breathed heavily, waiting to see what she was going to do, and in seconds, Maria leaned forward and captured his smooth lips in hers. Jim tried to remain unresponsive to her kiss, knowing that what they were doing couldn’t happen, but within seconds, his desire took over and he slid his tongue into the warm cavern of her mouth.

Maria pushed herself onto her knees to gain more leverage and she cupped his face in her hands. As they parted, nearly breathless, Jim looked questioningly into her eyes. “Wh…What are we doing?” he asked. He was so confused. He had no idea that Maria shared his feeling, and he didn’t know why she was kissing him. God, he wanted to kiss her again, but this was all too surreal.

Maria smiled at him, “I don’t know, but I don’t want to stop. I want you,” she admitted, “And I know you want me too. Don’t question it,” she breathed against his skin as she attacked his mouth once more. Jim obeyed as he wrapped his strong arms around her thin frame. He pulled her body into him and slid his hand up the back of her shirt. She felt so good under his finger, he thought he would surely go mad.

To get more comfortable, Maria swung one of her long, legs over Jim’s body so that she was now straddling him. Her skirt, riding up high on her thigh left little between her and his jean covered erection. She kissed him again, this time reveling in the feeling of his hands on her body. She began deftly unbuttoning his shirt, and finally she pushed the cotton material off his shoulders.

She planted soft, wet kisses down his neck, sucking hard at he pulse point. She wanted to brand him, make him hers. “Oh Maria,” Jim moaned as she licked and nipped his over-sensitive skin. His fingers fumbled with the hem of her shirt, before he finally, pulled it over her head, revealing a white, see-through, lacy bra. She was more beautiful than he had ever dreamed. He lifted her head off his chest, and began kissing her chin, then her neck, and as he moved down her chest, his fingers lightly stroked her already erect nipples.

“Oh Yes…” Maria urged him on, pressing her bodying into his hands and mouth. Jim reached behind her and unclasped her bra like a pro. There as no adolescent fumbling in his actions, and that only turned Maria on more as she gently rubbed her aching need against the blatant bulge in Jim’s pants. He hissed at her movements as he took one of her pert rosy nipples into his mouth. “Oh Fuck!” Maria groaned eagerly lacing her fingers into his hair and pushing him closer to her heaving breasts.

Jim’s cock jumped when he heard her curse. He had never heard anything worse than ‘hell’ come out of her mouth in his life, and to hear her let go of her inhibitions made him want her more. He attacked her other nipple, getting much the same reaction, but it was he who was taken by surprise when he felt Maria’s thing fingers unbuckle his belt. Was this real? He wondered. Was he dreaming again, because this was one fucking amazing dream if he was.

Maria unbuttoned the jeans and then unzipped them. She needed him. She wanted him so badly that she was sure her while panties were ringing wet. She pulled his pants off of him, leaving his boxers and she quickly moved up his body. Jim’s hands immediately went up Maria’s skirt as his knuckles lightly brushed the apex of her thighs. His breath caught as he felt how wet Maria was. “Are you this wet for me?” he ask evily grinning at her. He was letting go of his fears, and it made him hot to thing that this hot little vixen nearly creamed her pants being close to him

“I always get this wet when I think about you, sheriff,” she whispered huskily into his hear, accentuating the last word. She pushed her aching heat undo his hand moaning as the pressure increased.

Jim nearly came on the spot. He would have never known what effect her words would have on him. And when she called him sheriff, it nearly sent him over the edge. He un buttoned the wrap around skirt she was wearing and threw it behind the couch. Now she was in her panties and he was in his boxers and Maria took Jim’s hands in hers raising them over his head she pushed him back against the couch as she kissed him once more.

She bucked into his bobbing cock, that was now basically sticking out of his boxers. She let his hands go and leaned into his ear, pressing her naked chest to his and whispered, “I want you to fuck me, Jim. I’ve wanted to feel your cock buried in me for so long,” she groaned out, wishing she could feel his cock against her naked skin.

“Oh, Maria,” Jim moaned, his eyes rolling back in his head. He finally came to his senses and said, “Are you sure?” he looked her directly in the eye. He did not want to do something that he knew she would regret later.

“I’ve never wanted anything more in my life,” she breathed kissing him again. Jim ran his hands down her sides and hooked his thumbs in the sides of her panties. He slowly pulled them off of her, and Maria kicked them off behind her. She quickly helped Jim out of his boxers and smiled when she saw his cock. It was big, like Michael’s, and she was happy about that. That thing about short men having small dick was a myth obviously.

As she straddled him again, she teased his cock by rubbing her bare wet heat over it lightly. Jim pushed his hands down her back to her ass and squeezed the supple flesh with his fingers. “Mmm, yeah,” Maria moaned pushing herself further into him.

She took his manhood in her hand like a pro, and guided him to her dripping wet cunt. She quickly lowered herself on him. “Oh God, FUCK!” she groaned at the sensation of him filling her. She had wanted him for so long, and having him within her was a dream come true, only the reality was much better.

Maria moved up and down on him, her tits bouncing at her quick movements, “Ohhhh Maria,” Jim moaned, licking one of her nipples as she rode him hard. “You are so tight,” he exclaimed, reveling in the feeling of making love to a woman who hadn’t yet given birth. He had forgotten how tight they could be. Maria’s wet pussy hugged his cock like a vice as she fucked him harder and harder.

Maria looked at Jim and smirked, “Do you like fucking me?” she asked through sexy moans, already knowing the answer.

“Yesss…” he hissed grabbing hold of her hips and digging his fingers in. He held on to her for dear life as she leaned forward and kissed him. This angle caused him to hit her g-spot with every thrust.

“Oh fuck, yeah,” she groaned, gritting her teeth. She scrapped her nails down his back. “I’m going to come,” she moaned loudly as she rose and fell on his cock faster and faster.

Jim was almost there as well. He usually had more stamina, but he had wanted Maria for so long, he didn’t think he could hold out anymore. He reached between their bodies, where the two were joined and flicked her clit. She immediately when stiff on top of him, as she came hard around him. “Oh JIM FUCK! AUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM!” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

Jim raised and lowered her light body on himself as she stiffened and as her pussy contracted around him, she shot his seed deep inside her. “OH GOD MARIA!” he grunted, convulsing into her.

Maria laid draped across him, trying to catch her breath, and he gently rubbed circles on her naked and sweat soaked back. When her breath evened out, he lifted her face to look at him. “Maria, I shouldn’t…” he started. He realized that he had been the adult in the situation. He had been the one in control, and no matter what, he should not have taken advantage of that. Maria was probably upset about Michael and needed a father figure.

Maria shushed him with a kiss. “No, when I said I wanted this for a long time, I meant it. I’ve want to be with you for over a year. I’ve had feelings for you for so long. What we did was not wrong.” She assured him.

Jim couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “Why did you go along with it, though?” Maria asked cocking her head.

Jim looked at her incredulously. “Maria, you are a beautiful, talented, smart, funny woman, and I would be blind and an idiot not to want you. I kept it to myself, because I never thought you would feel the same way I do,” he said. “I thought you though I was a dirty old man,” he said with a laugh as he ran the pad of his thumb over her cheek.

She snuggled into his touch. “No, you are not that old, and you might be dirty but its in a good way,” she grinned at him kissing him.

Jim seemed to just realize where they were: still on the couch. “Why don’t we take this party somewhere more comfortable?” he said standing and lifting her into his arms at the same time. She wrapped her legs around his waist and let him walk her into his bedroom.

The next morning, Maria woke up with a smile and a burning between her legs. She and Jim had fucked nearly all night in about every position she could imagine. Between bouts, they talked about how they felt. Maria was surprised to learn that Jim had real feelings for her. More than just that she was a hot young girl he wanted to fuck.

As she drifted to sleep, that night she remembered hearing Jim whisper that he loved her. She smiled at that, and vowed to tell him that she loved him the next moment she saw him.

But when she looked around, she noticed she was no longer in Jim’s room. She was in Kyle’s room, in his bed, and her earlier discarded clothes were folded on the chair next to her. Jim was no where to be seen. “What the…” she asked out loud, and then she spotted and note on the desk with Jim’s hand writing on it.

She smiled and got out of bed, picking it up.

Dearest Maria,

Last night was the greatest night of my life. That is not an over-statement or an afterglow analysis. I’ve never wanted anything more than you, and last night when we made love, I came home for the first time in a long time. That is why it breaks my heart to tell you that this has to be a one time thing. I would love nothing more than to hold you in my arms forever. To be the one man in your life, but I cant. It isn’t fair to you. Kyle is your best friend, this would ruin your relationship forever. None of your friends would understand, and while I don’t really care what they think, and I know you THINK you don’t, you will. They are your world. I know that, and I respect it. Not to mention, you are 18 years old. You have your whole life ahead of you. I’m almost 50. I’ve lived my life, had my child, and I have nothing to offer you but my love. But, I’m sad to tell you baby, you will find out that, in this world, love just isn’t enough sometimes. I want you to live your dreams. I want you to cut your demo, movie to New York and record the beautiful music that I know you can make. I do not want to tie you to Roswell. I love you too much to keep you. Just remember that I will think about last night and the time we shared together forever.

I love you,

Your Sheriff

Maria wiped some stray tears from her eyes. As much as she didn’t want to admit it, he was right. She didn’t want to let him, go but she knew being with Jim would be like being with Michael. It would be him or her dreams. This time he was man enough to make her chose her dreams. She appreciated him for that, and she would keep him in her heart always.

She quickly got dressed, made the bed and walked out of he house. She hopped in her car and headed back to her house. She had a song to write, and she thought she just might have the right inspiration.

The End.
Check out my Author's Thread: viewtopic.php?t=13258